ChaosKnux

Council of the Mystic Arts

yO7hRGH.jpg

1. You can send 1 Spellcaster monster from your Deck to the GY; Special Summon 1 Spellcaster monster from your hand that cannot be Normal Summoned, ignoring the Summoning conditions.
  2. If you control 2 or more Spellcaster monsters: You can target 1 Spellcaster monster you control that was Summoned by the effect of "Council of the Mystic Arts"; add 1 Spell from your GY to your hand, also that target cannot attack and its effects are negated until the End Phase.
  3. You can only use each effect of "Council of the Mystic Arts" once per turn.

Original version:

Spoiler

ax2FjnD.jpg

1. You can send 1 Spellcaster monster from your Deck to the GY; Special Summon 1 Spellcaster monster from your hand, ignoring any Summoning conditions.  
  2. If you control 2 or more Spellcaster monsters: you can target 1 Spellcaster monster you control; add 1 Spell from your GY to your hand, also that target cannot attack and its effects are negated until the End Phase.
  3. You can only use each of this card name's effects once per turn.

Built from the art up. Showed up in the YGOPro Percy Discord around Halloween 2018 and thought it was too good to not make a card from. Original image in spoiler below

Edited by ChaosKnux
Updating with suggestions from thread. Competitive balance is my greatest weakness.

First effect is almost too good by itself, and the second one definitely is. Extra Deck Summoning, particularly Link Summoning, means it doesn't really matter whether your materials have effects on the field or not if you use them as material, so being able to add Monster Reborn, upstart for another draw, and absolutely anything you've already played is a bit much. Let's not forget ROTA, Foolish Burial, Cosmic Cyclone, Called by the grave and any number of useful techs, not even talking about archetypal support. It's not even hard to get 2 Spellcasters in any Link Deck.

As for the first effect, Altergeists exist, and this card sets up Marionetter and the Trap pretty easily while granting you a free SS from your hand, something they did struggle with. Let's not also forget that it immediately enables Multifaker, meaning you can then use it to grab Muluseek from your Deck, then use them to go into Hexstia. Muluseek then searches Marionetter, meaning you can Normal Summon it and Set Spoofing or any other Trap you need. 

I agree with Dova. The Spell retrieving effect is essentially a free retrieval of any power spell you can imagine every turn. Even if we talk about generic staples, there's stuff Foolish Burial Goods to get them into the GY more consistently.

The other effect is generic OPT Foolish Burial + a pretty generic Special Summon tool for Spellcasters that's not tied down by drawbacks. Other "Summon from hand" cards like Call of the Mummy require you have no monsters.

This suggestion isn't exactly gonna improve the card but:
It'd be interesting if the Summon effect was more along the lines of only Special Summoning Spellcasters from your hand, which cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. It already ignores conditions so it could go that way and support Dark Sage, Sorcerer of Dark Magic, Arcanite Magician /Assault Mode, Legendary Flame Lord, and cards like that, making them live in an easy enough manner.
That is situational enough to probably allow the foolish burial effect to still be there.
In addition, if the Spell retrieve effect required 1 of your 2 Spellcasters to have been Summoned by [this card's name's] effect, it'd also be a tad more costly and restrict its potential a bit. The result would be something like:

You can send 1 Spellcaster monster from your Deck to the GY; Special Summon 1 Spellcaster monster from your hand that cannot be Normal Summoned, ignoring the Summoning conditions.
If you control 2 or more Spellcaster monsters: You can target 1 Spellcaster monster you control that was Summoned by the effect of "Council of the Mystic Arts"; add 1 Spell from your GY to your hand, also that target cannot attack and its effects are negated until the End Phase.
You can only use each effect of "Council of the Mystic Arts" once per turn.

^That's one possibility.

The feedback is much appreciated. Competitive balance is the point I drop the ball the most often, since I really couldn't care less about that level of play. Updated first post with that nerfed effect text.