Alice

[DANE] Sheorcust Dingirsu

E1D41A99-E503-4803-89C3-7C804840B23B.jpe

Machine/Xyz/Effect DARK Rank 8 ATK 2600 DEF 2100
2 Level 8 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using an "Orcust" Link Monster you control as material. If this card is Special Summoned: You can activate 1 of these effects;
● Send 1 card your opponent controls to the GY.
● Attach 1 of your banished Machine monsters to this card as material.
If a card(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can detach 1 material from this card instead. You can only Special Summon "Sheorcust Dingirsu(s)" once per turn.

Edited by Alice

THIS IS SO GOOD OMG

First effect is amazing. Recycles banished monster by immediately putting it in a location that can send it to the GY, and it provides the removal of Longirsu (I wonder why hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) but also can grab Spell/Trap Cards. Putting it at 3 means you can turn any of your Links into a non-targeting removal should you only be able to make Galatea. Also, it works on SS, meaning Monster Reborn and Skeletal can both trigger it! This is beautiful.

Second effect is...okay, but at least it protects your field if your monsters aren't Linked. Not a huge fan of Xyz Mats only being used for protection, especially when the rest of the archetypes likes its protection, but an additional sweetener on the first effect?

whew

It has not been one hour since these cards were revealed and posted in their news threads. As these two threads are first offenses, it will not be locked, but do follow the rules in the future.

I like that you can regrave your banished Orcusts with the second mode of the first effect

Unfortunately it's overshadowed by the first mode beyond the first turn and they're HOPT and banished cards are fuel but whatever I like this kind of mechanic

Good body, good removal, good recycling power, extremely easy Summon condition. 
The card is good and flexible, and even the protection effect being able to cover anything is just amazing.

Actually, its effects aren't archetype bound so I wonder what sort of unorthodox use could pop up for it. I'd certainly aim for it xD

Holy...!

Ok. I admit, I cannot look at this card impartially.  I run an Orcust/Phantom Knight deck irl and this thing is absolutely beautiful.  It enables Rusty Bardiche SOOO well and the card is miles better than Longirsu in pretty much every way.  Its removal effect is non-targeting, non-destruction and it doesn't care about monster/spell/trap.  The fact that this works when SS'd rather than Xyz Summoned is also amazing and gives it the potential to be used generically.

In my deck in particular, it could also enable plays that the deck just didn't have before. It opens up the gate for more removal through #84: Melon-head (in case you want to actively dump its materials), or it can be revived from Skeleton to enable + protect itself from Topologic Bomber Dragon (nuking the opponent's board thrice during their turn is always worth it.  Having a means to almost certainly OTK right after is even better).

I still don't get why it's Rank8 xD

Looks really good. Its alternate summoning condition makes it so accessible, and is has such good effects. Now I'm tempted to test some kind of Orcust engine by splashing some maindeck monsters, giving access to Galatea or Longirsu and then follow up with this.

I'm curious on what this card means or implies about the fate of Longirsu.

3 hours ago, Darj said:

I still don't get why it's Rank8 xD

Looks really good. Its alternate summoning condition makes it so accessible, and is has such good effects. Now I'm tempted to test some kind of Orcust engine by splashing some maindeck monsters, giving access to Galatea or Longirsu and then follow up with this.

I'm curious on what this card means or implies about the fate of Longirsu.

Thinking this has more to do with aligning to Almarkduk's Level 9 status than anything.

But yeah, removal that doesn't need Linking to work is amazing, it being in-archetype, non-targeting and non-destruction offers them utility (especially at the backrow) is phenomenal, and turning Galatea and Longirsu into this-ESPECIALLY ON A BOMBER LINKED ZONE....

It's everything I could have wanted.

2-of minimum, and as a first on NEO, a 9.2/10 from the BlaDes of Change Workshop.