Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Curse of Diminution

Curse of Diminution
[Quick Play Spell]
Target 1 face-up monster on the field; Halve its ATK and DEF. Then until the End Phase, if it is a Normal Monster, all other monsters your opponent controls lose ATK and DEF by the amount lost. You can only activate 1 "Curse of Diminution" per turn.

- - - - -

-"Shrink" remake that supports old school play in the form of working with vanillas.
-The halving at the beginning is permanent. The second weakening effect is temporary.
-The "all OTHER monsters" part is in case the vanilla targeted was an opponent's monster, but it doesn't have to be... just there to make sure it doesn't foolproof turns vanillas into 0 ATK/DEF on its own.

Normally outclassing cards is a disapproved card design move, but in this case... Shrink has long been powercrept so IMO it should be fine to outclass it. You could even change its name and make reference to Shrink and thus making it as a retrain of sorts. In fact, you could even go as far as to make it support Shrink with a search effect maybe. It may sound backwards at first but my logic would be "huh, this is a better Shrink, but it also supports it and encourages players to run both and bring it out of obscurity, neat". Not to mention it would make it stronger and increase its chances of making an impact. Otherwise it's just another Shrink with a better effect if you run vanillas, but stat changing effects aren't that hot in current metas, although maybe they are good but just aren't used enough, who knows. Its best bet at making an impact would be in Dark Magicians, but I don't think their decks would want to invest deck space on this.