Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Toad Knight

IKBeSm1.png
WATER Level 2 [ Aqua / Gemini / Effect ] 800/1000
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While it is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it gain this Effect.
●This card becomes a Level 7 LIGHT Warrior with 2500 ATK and 2000 DEF.
Negate the effect of all Special Summoned monsters on the field that have not battled this card as an Effect Monster, and they cannot activate their effects. This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's Spell or Trap effects.

- - - - -

Let's go ahead and try to support one of the things I find more annoying: Floodgates xD
A low level toad becomes a prince with protagonist's Ace stats, and says you have to cross swords with it if you wanna get past him. Can be defeated by Normal Summon antics like Exiled Force and as long as you battle with it, it won't matter if he has protection, that'll be enough to make your effect live again, leading the game into Battle Phase antics.

That's the idea. This is an old-ish drawing of mine.
Thoughts/comments/suggestions/etc. welcomed as always~

Quick edit: unaffected by your opponent's S/T. Stuff to protect him or Catalyst Field should be able to work with it.... fixed xD

Edited by Sleepy

Hey. This card is pretty neat, and nice to see someone use a Gemini monster. As you said before, protects against floodgates, and good support for Toads in terms of negation and power. I thought the attack increase was a little too high for its effect, but I then noticed that its effect applies to all monsters on the field, yours included. I do not know if whether or not that was intentional, but it balances your card just that much more, especially if you are considering using this card as a win condition.

Nice artwork by the way.

Edited by o_smily from YCM

1 hour ago, o_smily from YCM said:

Hey. This card is pretty neat, and nice to see someone use a Gemini monster. As you said before, protects against floodgates, and good support for Toads in terms of negation and power. I thought the attack increase was a little too high for its effect, but I then noticed that its effect applies to all monsters on the field, yours included. I do not know if whether or not that was intentional, but it balances your card just that much more, especially if you are considering using this card as a win condition.

Nice artwork by the way.

Thank you xP
Yes it was intentional that it also negates your own Special Summons. It's a way to not make it splashable everywhere. 
Gemini monsters have an easier time dealing with this because their re-Summon is always a Normal Summon. That said, Gemini still suffer if they gain their effect without being Summoned again (with cards like Supervise or Superalloy Beast Raptinus). I don't know for sure if this also prevents Special Summoned Gemini Monsters from getting their second Summon, but sounds like it would. ^^"
There are some ways around it but yeah, it also affects your side so you don't take advantage and start swarming with the same tools this card prevents. xP

18 minutes ago, kevintriedge said:

I love the concept and the artwork. 

A minor thought on PSCT, wouldn't the new stats be listed as an effect too? Like so it has two bullet points.

Yeah. A friend on Discord told me I should look at the card "Skelesaurus" as reference. 2 Bullets are probably not gonna be needed but the stat change should go after the bullet. I'm working on editing the card.

I also am currently changing the "toad mode" stats in favor of the Monarch Squire stats (800/1000) to make it more searchable. 
I'll go ahead with the change and see what reaction I get ^^"

Amazing card, IMO. Gets plenty of support, and the potent floodgate effect compensates nicely the inherent stepping stones of Gemini monsters. I like the nod to protagonist stats in its "prince form". Tempted to suggest to further support it by making it be treated as a "Frog" card xD

Dropping a fix on the floodgate effect:
Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. Negate the effects of all Special Summoned monsters on the field that have not battled this card as an Effect Monster, also their effects cannot be activated.

Edited by Darj