Sign in to follow this  
LordCowCow

GGT Match 1-5

They're basically the same game, right?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Metroid Prime 2 vs Sonic Adventures DX

• Metroid Prime 2
    • Sonic Adventures

Metroid Prime 2...my least favorite Prime game, but still one of my favorite games of all time. The thematics and and streamlining advanced from Prime 1 was spectacular at points, and is a joy to experience, not just to play, at least for me. Sonic DX I felt was forgettable, save for the funny voice acting and story.

Vote for Metroid Prime 2. Despite playing Prime 1 I didn't own it, I think I borrowed it something, but I did have Prime 2, so I have a soft spot for it. Some elements of it made me uneasy, like the dark and light ammo as a sort of resource system, as well as the damage you take in the dark zone, but that made it exciting in a way and kind of reminds me of Majora's Mask time limit that annoyed me at first but then realized it barely matters. I like several elements of the game too: the dark world theme, the Luminoth, the Ing version of enemies, and of course Rezbit, it is one of my top favorite baddies. I didn't get to finish my file though, got stuck at the Boost Guardian IIRC,  but surely i can beat it if I go back to replay it. Besides, I was discouraged from finishing because I forgot to scan and register a miniboss.

Even though I've only played through Prime 1 and only played the multiplayer with friends in Prime 2, I really appreciate the Prime series. Meanwhile, Sonic Adventure was never that great, even when I was a kid.

Not gonna lie, I mostly played multiplayer on Prime 2, one of my favourite maps being the one with the giant turret, however I will stick by the game I nominated, and eventually beat (Big's story was defo frustrating), Sonic Adventure.

Oh yeah, Prime 2 Multiplayer was a blast. Damn that turret. I found freeze-stunning with the Dark Beam was cheap at times too xD
That multiplayer makes me wish Nintendo someday a CoD-like Metroid spin-off. They kind of tried with that Federation Force, but it wasn't executed properly IMO.