Sign in to follow this  
LordCowCow

GGT Semifinals 2

Zelda Battle  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Wind Waker vs Twilight Princess

• LoZ: Wind Waker
    • LoZ: Twilight Princess

So this is interesting. Considering the history between these two, I'd say it's the perfect match-up between two Zelda games.

For those of you who don't know, Wind Waker came out first, but ever since Ocarina of Time, people have been anticipating a more realistic Zelda game with the upcoming better graphics engines. So once the trailer for WW came out, people were pissed and the backlash prompted Nintendo to start making the game that everyone wanted. So about a year later, Twilight Princess was made. However, by the time TP came out, people started to appreciate Wind Waker for what it was, leaving the latter kinda left in the dust until both games became more recognized over time.

As for me, Twilight Princess wins. Wind Waker is great, though TP is just so special to me. Not only was it my first Zelda game, but the more dark-esque theme and aesthetic it had made it really stand out in the entire franchise. Could just be nostalgia talking, but I was never that great of a game critic, so I don't see why that shouldn't be a contributing factor to my decision.

Edited by Thar

Twilight Princess gets my vote. Can't really compare TP with WW because of their differences, but I would pick TP any day.

I really need to get around to beating both of these games, but I enjoyed the artstyle of TP more than Wind Waker so that is where my vote is going.

It's funny to me that people vote TP because they prefer the artstyle when the artstyle is the main reason I dislike Twilight Princess. Guess that's a very unpopular opinion.