Sign in to follow this  
Zaziuma

Harpie Flarer

I recently took a look at the new Harpie support, and thought it interesting that they played into Harpie Lady Sisters and higher Level Harpies in general, so I came up with an idea to support that, as well as give them even more options than before, since they are limited to Rank 4s and 7s for the most part, so this card enables them to do so much more. Firstly, it's a Harpie Lady on the field and GY like most Harpies tend to be, but it's also a Tuner. Next, it got two effects, the first Special Summon itself by increasing the Level of 1 of your Harpie monsters by 1. This plays into the next effect, which activates on its Summon, which targets any Harpie you control and make all Harpies on the field into that target's Level. This gives you the option to Xyz Summon Rank 5s and 8s, something you couldn't do before, or Synchro Summon with this card for a variety of Synchro Monsters. Either if you want to use this on Harpie Lady Sisters or Harpie's Pet Dragon to make Rank 7s or 8s or if you are more into the Synchro Summoning side, you just want a relatively free Special Summon from your hand, this gives you many options for plays your opponent wouldn't normally expect in a Harpie Deck.

dcw9z4u-316bc209-453e-469c-a704-1eb8658f

This card's name becomes "Harpie Lady" while it is on the field or in the GY. You can only use each of these effects of "Harpie Flarer" once per turn.
● If this card is in your hand: You can target 1 "Harpie" monster you control with a Level; increase its Level by 1 until the end of this turn, and if you do, Special Summon this card.
● If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Harpie" monster you control with a Level; the Level of all "Harpie" monsters on the field become that target's Level until the end of this turn.

That actually sounds quite powerful. So long as you have a Link opening up spaces too, this card enables Ultimaya and Crystal Wing plays.
I'm not sure how to feel about the fact she's not a hard OPT on the Summon effect. It sounds like it'd be very easy to swarm there. It enables Harpie Dancer to be tergeted twice so your Sisters play can actually go for Rank 6 too if you wished for it. Or if you had multiples of this in hand you can actually go for any Rank above 3 with this deck....

I commented on a card like this on the previous forum, but I don't remember if you made any changes.

Anyway, as I said there, being able to Summon itself is decent on its own right, opening for ED plays. I didn't notice it was a Tuner, but that makes this even better, giving access to different Synchro pools as well as the infamous Needlefiber.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Truffle Shuffle
      Cyber Jammer
      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      EARTH Warrior/Effect
      ATK 2000, DEF 2400
      If a Fairy or Warrior monster made a direct attack this Battle Phase, you can (Quick Effect) reveal this card in your hand: Normal Summon 1 monster OR Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Jammer" once per turn.

I hope you weren't expecting a Cyber Dragon card! The Cyber Girls are a group of mostly-EARTH Warrior monsters also originating from Yugioh GX that really never took off the way their successors, the Cyber Angels, eventually would. I felt like making one of my own to at least relate to what most of their effects did as several of the Cyber Girls have effects relating to direct attacks and their boss monster, Cyber Blader, happens to be a Fusion Monster. The Cyber Girls all have something to do with female sports or athletics, so for this one I felt like going with roller derby since I haven't really seen that used as an aesthetic for anything in the game to the best of my knowledge. Enjoy!
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Angelfood
      ⭐⭐⭐ LIGHT FIend/Effect
      ATK 1000 | DEF 1800
      If this card is sent from the hand or field to the GY: You can Ritual Summon 1 Non-Effect Ritual Monster from your Deck. This effect of "Angelfood" can only be used once per turn.

The result of some drawing practice I felt like making into a full card. A pretty straightforward effect that's probably significantly more powerful than I imagine it to be. But hey, those dusty Performance of the Swords and Crab Turtles in your box of old cards deserve some love.
    • By The Chayncemaniac
      When this card leaves the Field, you can add 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your Deck to your Hand.
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Power Creep
      Trap Card
      Tribute 1 face-up monster on either side of the field: Its controller can Special Summon 1 monster from their hand or Deck with the same Type and Attribute and an ATK or DEF greater than the tributed card. Card effects cannot be activated for the rest of this turn, except for the effects of a monster Special Summoned by this card. You can only activate 1 "Power Creep" per turn.

Spent a while trying to come up with an effect for the image. If you have any more fitting ideas, let me know.
    • By AexDEye9
      Myutant Soldier
      EARTH Psychic/Link/Effect | ATK/ 0 LINK-1
      1 Level 4 or lower Psychic monster
      When this card is Link Summoned, You can add 1 "Myutant Evolution lab" from your deck to your hand. You can Tribute this card, then banish 1 card from your GY or face-up field, except "Myutant Soldier"; Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or Deck, based on the banished card.
      ● Monster: "Myutant Beast" ● Spell: "Myutant Mist" ● Trap: "Myutant Arsenal"
      You can only use each effect of "Myutant Soldier" once per turn.