Sign in to follow this  
KingdomXathers

[Written] Spell Power Distribution

Spell Power Distribution

Continuous Spell

This card's name becomes "Spell Power Grasp" while on the field or in the GY. Up to 3 times per turn, during either player's turn: You can take 1 Spell Counter from a card on the field with Spell Counters on it and place it on another card on the field that you can place Spell Counters on. This effect of "Spell Power Distribution" cannot be used more than once per Chain. You can banish this card from your GY; add from your Deck or GY to your hand, 1 card whose original (printed) name is "Spell Power Grasp" or "Spell Power Control". You can only use this effect of "Spell Power Distribution" once per turn.

The idea here is to give a bit of support to the 2 "Spell Power" Spells by (1) giving them a searcher/recycler and (2) giving them 1-3 more copies for "Control"'s Spell Counter-placing effect.  And also a support for Spell Counters for cards that can only use the Counters that are on themselves (like Library and the most recent "Endymion" monsters).

Edited by KingdomXathers

I like the in-GY searching effect. What bugs me is if it's not a bit too fast at counter-generation. 3 Counters right off the bat, plus more if counter-gainers are on board at the time of its activation, is quite a lot. By the way, Quick Effect is a variant of monster effect, thus it doesn't apply to Spell/Traps. Use the "during either player's turn" clause instead.

11 minutes ago, Darj said:

I like the in-GY searching effect. What bugs me is if it's not a bit too fast at counter-generation. 3 Counters right off the bat, plus more if counter-gainers are on board at the time of its activation, is quite a lot. By the way, Quick Effect is a variant of monster effect, thus it doesn't apply to Spell/Traps. Use the "during either player's turn" clause instead.

Noted and edited

I have a question about this card: The original Spell Power Grasp has a hard OPT clause on it. How does that interact with this card's name change? Does it allow it if this card is in hand since it's not Spell Power Grasp yet, or does it not allow it because it'll become Spell Power Grasp the moment it'd enter the field? 
This card's hard OPT clause only minds its original name so I guess the intention is that you are supposed to be able to use 1 of this and 1 of the original in the same turn?
Is there new support that benefits from activating "Spell Power Grasp"? otherwise it'd be easier if this card was only treated as such while in the GY. This way it'd still work with "Spell Power Control" and its interaction would be easier to... well... Grasp xD