Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Trainer's Entrainment

Trainer's Entrainment
[Normal Spell]

Discard 1 card; Special Summon up to 2 of these monsters from your Deck (You cannot Special Summon 2 from the same category), but they cannot attack this turn, also, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn, except Synchro Monsters.

• Fiend "Fabled" monster
  • Beast "Fabled" monster

You can only activate 1 "Trainer's Entrainment" per turn.

Support To:

Edited by BGMキャノン

I don't really know what the name of the card has in relation to "Fabled". Most I can think of is linked to "Obedience Schooled". But regardless, it makes me smile to see Fabled get some love. From a fairness point, it seems fine. Given how the only Special Summon you can do is Synchro Summon. And while the archetype does have Soulkus and Dainara, most Fabled Decks wouldn't use either. Practicality is more difficult to determine. You can use it afterwards, and potentially trigger the effects of the better members of the archetype. Or just discard Kushano. I like it.

52 minutes ago, Nyx said:

I don't really know what the name of the card has in relation to "Fabled". Most I can think of is linked to "Obedience Schooled". But regardless, it makes me smile to see Fabled get some love. From a fairness point, it seems fine. Given how the only Special Summon you can do is Synchro Summon. And while the archetype does have Soulkus and Dainara, most Fabled Decks wouldn't use either. Practicality is more difficult to determine. You can use it afterwards, and potentially trigger the effects of the better members of the archetype. Or just discard Kushano. I like it.

Yeah it was pretty hard to think up a card name that would meet up to flavor with these guys considering like some old Hidden Arsenal archs don't really have any Spell or Traps that related to them directly... If I remember correctly not only did "Obedience Schooled", as you mentioned, pay homage to them via card art, but it was also some trap that dumped Fiend types, "Fiend Griefing" I think it is called... Which name wise it could have been any Fiend in the concept really. But, alas, those Spell and Traps have little meaning to Fabled as support as a whole.

As for practicality, I mean ideally you want to try and make Link plays (Usually via Noozoochee or Chawa plays with Needlefiber laddering) prior to activating it if you are trying to go "Quasar" route which could burn the hand quite fast unless you have a way to make Fabled Ragin repeatedly at your end play with multiple De-Syncho's like the good ol' days with Fabled. As for any other Fabled build, I guess it could be a quick "Fabled Unicore" for Fabled Unicore hand control builds. And if you really want to get unorthodox it could be 1 card "Fabled Valkyrus" or "Fabled Leviathan", both which are highly dated as boss monsters, but are an option. The only glaring conclusion I have with this is, of course, there is always that Ghost Ash vulnerability with the -2 or -1 in mind.

Edited by BGMキャノン

I like the consistency aspect this card provides. If you were to only run Beasts or only Fiends, you can still consider the combo a +0 if you can make something out of the discard, and it's Fabled we are talking about so it probably can. Though Gotta love how you can actually search 2 cards and put them on the field.

Can't think of a specific combo but Cerberus is the only Beast Fabled that comes to mind that people actively used. I liked the cat that popped a card but it wasn't all that popular, and this card putting them on the field means those are just vanilla tuners if brought this way, so the effect must be meant for others like that Green chicken....

Only Synchros? No problem. Well, maybe a bit for MR4, but the deck is probably still capable of making a Quasar.... or in this day and age something less taxing like the Borreload or Crystal Wing. All in all, I guess I'd need to see it in action to fully grasp it, but it seems good.

I get what you are going to with the flavor on this card, but the way I see it, Obedience Schooled is more of a Beast support card that happens to  feature Fableds, rather than being a Fabled support Spell, and in that sense the flavor on this card feels a bit off to me. As you say, Fabled are featured in other Type-support Spell/Traps, namely Fiend Griefing.
Anyway, this looks solid for Fabled, IMO. Can't go wrong with searchers, and even better if they can Special Summon the searched monsters. The discard is less of an issue in Fableds and other discard-happy decks that can offset the cost. I like that it can potentially turn Fableds into an engine. Something like 3 copies of this, and 2 copies of each of a Beast and Fiend Fableds may lead you onto something.
Not a big fan of the Summoning restriction afterwards, but if you enable your MM Zones with some Links before activating this Spell, you may be able to work with it.