Sign in to follow this  
Wind Rider

The Casual Demon

4HfdAsq.jpg

Casual Fire Demon, Emalf

Lv:4 ATK:1800 DEF: 1200

Attribute: Fire

Type: Fiend

When this card is summoned, you can add a Fire monster from your deck to your hand. If this card is sent to the GY, you can send a Fire monster from your deck to the GY; Special Summon a Fire monster from your hand to your side of the field.

As my first post (not counting my intro) I have decided to make a card based on my favorite character from The Gray Garden. He's basically just generic Fire support but I don't know if his effect is too slow by today's standards. Feedback is appreciated.

Edited by Wind Rider

"When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 FIRE monster from your Deck to your hand."

Having this kind of searcher is really bad both for the current gamestate and future design. Salamangreats are meta right now in the OCG. It also grabs Metalfoes, Infernoids, Lava Golem, and 100s of other targets. This would become a mainstay in any FIRE Deck, particularly Infernoids with Summon Sorceress being able to trigger the milling effect that loads up the GY. This effect isn't anywhere slow, and is on the other extreme of not only being too fast but too generic.

FIRE is tricky, and FIRE Fiends even more so. In fact, all attribute designs are. You'd need to hammer down into something a slower/xenophobic, maybe even less bland; have an effect that gives me more of an idea of the character itself.

Agreed with the above. To add that not only the search effect is too broad, also the mill is really good, and there are, or eventually there will be, decks that will take full advantage of it. This card having both a search and mill effect for FIREs takes it to a whole new level.

InirNU1.jpg

If you control a face-up FIRE monster, you can Special Summon this card to your side of the field. Once per turn, you can discard a FIRE monster from your hand to the GY; Special Summon 2 "Flame Demon Tokens" (Fiend/FIRE/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) to your side of the field. Your opponent must attack a "Flame Demon Token" if possible. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

Here's a reworked effect for the card. How's this compared to the original?

Please update your main post with any card changes you make, otherwise people might comment without noticing ?

As for the card, it is better. Unfortunately, Link Summoning exists, and this card is PERFECT for it. I'm specifically thinking of Salamngreats, wherein this card can A) dump itself from the hand no matter what Salamangreat you Summon, B) send Salamangreats from your hand to the GY in case you need to use their effect, AND C) grant you two tokens, turning this card and any 2 FIRE monsters into a Skull Dread or Borreload. Even limiting it to FIRE monsters still leaves Knightmare Gryphon and the entire Salamngreat pool.

I'd suggest going in another direction, tbh

Looks more fair, despite its role was changed so drastically. IMO make it Summon 1 Token only and it should be fine. It's true Salamangreats can make use of it, but so can most FIRE decks, so if this card is exploited it's because of Salamangreats own strength, rather than this card's fault.