Hallohallo

Cyberse Neo Hallohallo

Time to continue the Hallo Saga on this new website.

Hallo who wields the power of Cyberse! Inherit this new power of Neo! Ritual Summon! Appear, Level 6! Cyberse Neo Hallohallo!

56b4cbc9b94786f566a065c3074bcc4f.png

Cyberse Neo Hallohallo
Level 6 DARK
Cannot be activated. Your opponent cannot target "Hallo" monsters you control with card effects. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster you control; roll a six-sided die and that monster gains ATK equal to the result x 500 until the end of this turn.

<Pendulum Scale 7>

[Cyberse/Ritual/Pendulum/Effect]

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gateway to Neo". You can target 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; Special Summon it, and if you do, place this card in the same Pendulum Zone. You can only use this effect of "Cyberse Neo Hallohallo" once per turn. If a "Hallo" Normal Monster you control battles an opponent's monster: it gains 1500 ATK for each card in your Pendulum Zone, during that damage calculation only.
2000/2500

Gateway to Neo
Ritual Spell Card
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Hallo" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field and/or send Normal Pendulum Monsters from your Deck to the GY, whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. If your opponent controls a Field Spell and you control no Field Spells: You can banish this card from the GY, then target 1 "Hallo" Ritual Monster you control; it can attack directly this turn. You can only use this effect of "Gateway to Neo" once per turn.

Edited by Hallohallo

The effects look decent. Normally I would suggest to a card-advantage-making GY effect for the Ritual Spell to compensate the expenses on Ritual Summon like other Ritual Spells do (e.g. Machine Angel Ritual-like protection, searching or recovering materials like Dawn of the Herald) but the card can already reduce said expenses by milling vanilla Pendulums as materials so it doesn't really need it.

Consider including the name of the Ritual Monster in either of the effects of the Ritual Spell so they become searchable by Pre-Preparations of Rite.

I'm conflicted at the "Hallo" concept through. Look like a joke/gag theme, and yet the effects are serious enough. I'm surprised you didn't name the Spell "Gateway to Hallo".

Edited by Darj

7 hours ago, Darj said:

The effects look decent. Normally I would suggest to a card-advantage-making GY effect for the Ritual Spell to compensate the expenses on Ritual Summon like other Ritual Spells do (e.g. Machine Angel Ritual-like protection, searching or recovering materials like Dawn of the Herald) but the card can already reduce said expenses by milling vanilla Pendulums as materials so it doesn't really need it.

Consider including the name of the Ritual Monster in either of the effects of the Ritual Spell so they become searchable by Pre-Preparations of Rite.

I'm conflicted at the "Hallo" concept through. Look like a joke/gag theme, and yet the effects are serious enough. I'm surprised you didn't name the Spell "Gateway to Hallo".

Hallos are monsters that possess other monsters and "Pendulum"-fy them, gaining new effects and making them their own Hallo versions of already existing monsters (like Toons). I made this monster to reference me gaining early access to the Neo Card Maker tbh, which is why I named the Ritual Spell that way (and then there's Ritual Spell's last effect).

Even if they look like a joke/theme archetype, I'm trying to make them playable in their own way.

I'm also planing to make a couple of support cards for "Hallo" Rituals in the future.

Edited by Hallohallo

Yeah this might be looking like a joke archetype, but it is a serious joke. The cards are balanced in their own right and actually sound pretty good.
I'd call the other kind more of a "prank" archetype where the viewer/visitor is expecting a well made card and gets something else xD

So an Advanced Ritual Art that can go over the Level but only uses Pendulum vanillas. I suppose having that setup plus Dark Factory = A full Scale setup, which is nice. 
Other than the Devirituals I would think this feels hard to achieve.
The direct attack bit is so meme xD
I would have probably done something to lessen the setup required further so the stuff I posted here^ was more of a 2 card combo, like Ritual Summoning the monster from the hand or GY, and/or banishing the Spell from GY to repeat its Ritual Summon.

It's nonetheless a fun card. Pendulum Switch can give you the cake and let you eat it in terms of its effects. I overall like it and the Hallo face on Cyberse Magician looks lulzy xD