Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Allegoric Code

Allegoric Code

[Equip Spell]

Equip only to a non-Gemini Normal monster. It gains 800 ATK. The equipped monster is also treated as an Effect Monster with this effect based on corresponding words specifically listed in the equipped monster's card text (if the equipped monster is also a Pendulum Monster you do not include its Pendulum card text).

• "Destroy", "Melt", "Feeds", or "Attack": Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy that target.
  • "Defense", "Shield", "Solid" or "Wall": This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect.
  • "Soul", "Spells", "Flames",  or "Legendary": Once per turn (Quick Effect), when Spell or Trap card is activated: You can negate the activation.

Concept:

Spoiler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory

The idea is that the Normal Monster gets its hidden power from the "story" and words presented in its text in the same way that some stories get their power from their underlying metaphor.

Design Notes:

Spoiler

So I am trying to utilize an aspect of "Magician's Rod " 's  card effects: utilizing the card text, but instead of pin-pointing cards based on a name a card mentions I thought it would be cool for a card to condition itself based on words mentioned from Normal monster flavor text. So that is what I am trying to do. I'm thinking of making an archetype with the same idea somewhere down the line as well.

Edited by BGMキャノン

One of these effects is not like the others. Perhaps the defensive one could be more like Stardust Dragon, which negates an effect that would destroy a card?
If the monster's text has the words for 2~3 effects, is it able to use each effect up to once per turn? IDK if that may be fair, I would be more comfortable with a Dragon Ruler-like shared hard OPT.

9 hours ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

One of these effects is not like the others. Perhaps the defensive one could be more like Stardust Dragon, which negates an effect that would destroy a card?
If the monster's text has the words for 2~3 effects, is it able to use each effect up to once per turn? IDK if that may be fair, I would be more comfortable with a Dragon Ruler-like shared hard OPT.

What about the Defensive one like Stardust Flash Dragon? https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Stardust_Spark_Dragon

Anyhow, yes I intend the effects to stack if the Normal Monster does have words from each bulleted category.

From what I've seen so far only a handful have more than one of the categories: Dark Magician and Flame Manipulator that I can think of so far... And both don't have the most oppressive combination of the bulleted effects: Dark Magician gets bullet #1 and #2, and Flame Manipulator gets bullet #2 and #3.

Of course, there is always the lingering possibility of norms getting more members with possibly all 3 in the combination... And rest assured I am going to play around more with the mechanic idea... But, in the essence I am entertaining the mechanical idea behind the card more so than the actual balance of the card. When I get to making the archetype I'll focus on balance then...

But, yes maybe a Dragon Ruler shared OPT would make it balance... I am just not sure how I would word the OPT since the Normal Monster inherits the effect from the Equip Spell rather than having the effect itself. Normally, the OPT is followed by the name of the monster. Any ideas? I might need it when making the archetype. XD

Edited by BGMキャノン

Spark Dragon's effect works as well.

As for how to write the shared hard OPT, I struggle with it, too. I guess your best bet is adding it in the  Equip Spell, something like "You can only use 1 of the monster effect(s) gained by this card's effect per turn, and only once that turn."