LordCowCow

Pokemon: Mind and Soul [IC / PG / Not Accepting / Co-Hosted by Skaia]

a8cPQwE.png

As the fight got underway, Jacklyn pumped her fist into the air as she managed to score a direct hit on the Starly, saying, "way to go Rus!" The Lepash, however was more concerned with the Rockruff now charging it. Seeing this, Jacklyn shouted to her pokemon again saying, "alright Rus, dodge and use Ember on that other guy!" Nodding, Rus took dodging to using the spring in his little legs to attempt to jump up and over the Rockruff, firing a blast of embers at the charging pokemon as it did so. While it was starting to gain height, it was soon surprised by a collision from the much swifter Starly that slammed into his side and knocked him out of the air and to the side. 

Clicking her tongue at the sight of what was transpiring, Jacklyn got ready to give another call to her pokemon, only to see a Hoppip appear. She looked at it, confused expression evident on her face as she tried to figure out what it was doing here. No one else had sent out another pokemon, and as far as she knew it wasn't Belle's. Unless Belle had a lot of grass types. Jacklyn stopped to think for a moment, realizing she was the only one on her team without a grass-type. At this realization, her gaze became more determined as she fixated on the Hoppip.

giphy.gif

Knight bounced back and forth, realizing they weren't paying attention to him, and growing more frustrated. But that was fine if they weren't paying attention to him now they would be soon.

He looked around at all the attacks going off and focused on one. The Pancham who was rushing at one of his new friends. Taking advantage of the bird Pokemon being focused on their own attack. How dishonorable of him! Knight knew that if they weren't going to pay him any attention he had to make sure they had to notice him. So, with a battle cry, "piiiiip!" Knight rushed forward towards the Pancham and, throwing all of his, rather light, weight into it, rammed into the Fighting Type Pokemon.

He was sure it was an impressive attack. However it wasn't much more than bumping into the other young Pokemon. His signature Splash attack not really doing much beyond whatever his small body could do by ramming into the Pancham.

Which, as should be expected, wasn't much of anything.

ZrjobFh.png

Poké: 740

The fight was well and truly underway. Attacks were flying from each and every Pokemon involved... and entirely at Jacklyn's and Oswald's Pokemon. Or at least, that was the case, until Jacklyn's mystery Pokemon jumped up and - before getting tackled by Icarus - fired off a little speck of fire at Lunar. While it made direct contact, Lunar didn't seem all that bothered by the ember striking him. Kanon did, however, also notice a particular guest that seemed to have invited himself to this battle royale. Nomi's Hoppip, Knight.

"Hey, what are you doing here!?"

How did he even get out of his Poke Ball? Were Pokemon able to do that? Suddenly, the risk of Lunar running off on his own again in the future seemed far greater. More importantly, Knight was trying to actively take part in the battle himself. This seemed like a bad idea on his end, at least to Kanon. She had to get him out of there, but she wasn't about to just walk into the middle of five Pokemon all duking it out with each other. Good thing she had a Rockruff that was perfectly capable of doing it for her. "Lunar, tackle that little bear, and bring Knight over here!"

The girl glanced over to where Belle's hand went. "Thazwhy the Spheal had a horn on it...thanks f'movin it!" she said, grinning goofily up at the blue-haired girl. "Is'not comfy to lay on."

This girl might somehow be lazier than I am, Belle thought, a little impressed despite herself. Still, I can't understand a thing she's saying.

The girl shrugged one shoulder at the Hoppip's antics. "Dunno, he's pretty energetic." She yawned. "Mebbe he wants to play." She made no move to get up, even after saying that. "Oh, but what's your Pokemon like? You met Knight. That's Princess over there." The brunette grew slightly more invested as she started talking about her Pokémon. "Isn't she cute? I gave her the bow cause it matched her personality I think." Princess let out a grumpy grunt at this, getting up and thudding her way towards the pair at the mention of her name.

I can see why he's so restless, Belle sweatdropped, before doing so once more when she heard the name of the Rhyhorn. Princess? What kind of name is that...for a Rhyhorn? Is she doing a medieval theme? Honestly, she really didn't understand the whole concept of nicknaming Pokémon, but people were weird, and did weird things that she didn't understand. Like this girl. "My Pokémon's a Poamoo," she said, giving up any idea of strategic secrecy at the moment, taking the opportunity to sit down on the couch the girl had just fallen out of.

Meanwhile Knight seemed to be getting frustrated and, a moment later, zoomed out of the room. Dang. She really should have waited to get the better couch. Now she had to get up again. "Guess he wantsta go fer a walk." The girl, who still hadn't introduced herself--then again, neither had Belle--looked up. "Does your Pokemon like to take walks? I don't really get it myself."

Why was she so friendly? What was with all these people and acting friendly? Belle really couldn't understand it. "Walks are stupid," she agreed. "And shouldn't it get enough exercise with battling?" To be honest, she didn't really know anything about raising a Pokémon. She had never had one before, not even as a pet. Most of the games she had played that involved Pokémon ended up being about battling, pinball, or picross. Or the card game. But taking care of them? That just seemed...tiresome. Now that she thought about it...when was the last time she fed Moo? Actually, no, he was pretty self-sufficient. As long as there was grass around, he was fine. The perfect Pokémon. The one that could take care of itself.

QXPrjQp.png

"Great hit, Ic!"  Oswald said, pumping his arm as he watched the Starly's Quick Attack land effectively.  Out of the corner of his eye, he could see that the Pancham was starting up an attack and running towards Icarus.  "Now, take to the sky!  Avoid that Pancham!"  Icarus flapped his wings to take off into the air to avoid the attack completely.  "We've got the aerial advantage here.  Sorry but your little Pancham is grounded!"  Oswald laughed a bit at his own dumb joke, before noticing Knight had somehow wandered onto the battlefield.  Oswald looked over his shoulder, but saw neither hair nor hide of Naomi.  Knight sure was the enthusiastic little rascal...totally the opposite of his trainer.  Kanon seemed to want to help Knight off the field, as he could only shrug.  The only thing that Knight seemed to do was get in the way.  

Now wasn't the time to let up!  Now that Lunar was taking Pancham off of his hands, It was the perfect time to single out a target!

"Icarus!  Hit the other pokemon with another Quick Attack!  Make it a big one!"  With the command, Starly let out a mighty chirp and dove at an angle towards the strange Fire Bunny pokemon.  

OCO5E4E.png

"Damn it" Ivan let out as the Starly flew higher and dodged the Pancham's attack. He also let out a groan at Oswald's joke. He very much wanted to take this kid down now, although it would be rather difficult with the bird's ability to fly. To make matter's worse, the Hoppip had come in for an attack out of nowhere!

Well, attack might have been too generous. The Hoppip harmlessly bumped into Po, which did cause the panda to jump, but didn't really cause any damage. It did, however, keep it alert as it saw the rock dog come towards it. "Po, Arm Thrust!" Ivan shouted, Po nodded as its eyes locked onto Lunar. As Lunar's body slamming into Po, the Pancham's arms slammed down onto the dog, striking it before Po was sent tumbling back. The Pancham got back on its feet, a look of determination on its face as it looked at its foes.

Ivan turned to the Hoppip. "Hey, hey! Get outta here ya scamp!" He shouted, shooing the Hoppip away. He admired the Pokemon's willingness to fight, but this was not the time nor the place for a random Hoppip to interfere.

giphy.gif

His attack hadn't done much to the Pancham. A very bothersome thing. To make it worse the Pokemon even went on to attack Lunar. He couldn't let that stand on its own but then the Pancham's trainer tried to get Knight to leave! Did he not know how a battle worked? He wasn't supposed to get involved!

Knight ignored the man and swooped back towards Pancham. Instead of ramming this time Knight actually attacked. Trying to Absorb the Pancham's energy, though this may have been dangerous so near to Lunar. He was confident in his skills.

"And shouldn't it get enough exercise with battling?"

Naomi nodded, nodded, almost fell back asleep, nodded again.

"Princess never needed that. She'ws fine layin a'tome all the time. We've been together for years and never went for a walk once before coming here." Naomi seemed proud of that.

"I dunno what a Poamoo is but is it big enough to ride? Princess is good at that. You should get a Pokemon that can carry you around. It's the best!"

Naomi blinked for a while, sitting there, looking up at the girl. Then, "Who're you nyway?"

a8cPQwE.png

As the fight continued, Jacklyn didn't pay much mind to what Po had been doing, now instead focused on the Hoppip that joined the battle. As the Rockruff seemed to move towards it, Jacklyn merely said, "oh no you don't. That Hoppip shall be mine! Rus, ember!" Of course, Rus merely seemed confused and annoyed by his trainer's orders, not at all wanting to switch targets from the Starly that had just struck him. During this moment, the Starly had come in with a swift strike, slamming into Rus yet again and knokcing it back. "Rus!" Jacklyn looked confused as to how this happened, only for the Lepash to look back to her, also annoyed. Looking to the Starly she said, "fine, ember!" Hardly waiting for her to give the OK, the Lepash shot yet another small burst of flames towards the Starly. 

ZrjobFh.png

If nothing else, Knight was doing a fine job of causing havoc by simply throwing himself into the middle of the battle. Jacklyn's Pokemon nearly attacked it instead of Icarus, Knight himself was subject to Lunar's body being thrown at him, and had let out an attack of his own. It seemed to be aimed at someone else, but with the Rockruff now right there, he wound up taking the blow instead. This was getting out of hand, and fast. While Lunar had the initiative to back up on his own, taken by surprise with the sudden hit, Kanon carefully skirted her way around the edge of the action, trying to get as close to the Hoppip as she could without putting herself in danger.

And then, without any warning, Kanon suddenly reached forward, looking to scoop the little pink creature out of the fray, taking this time to hand out her next order to Lunar. "And now, tackle Icarus!" This was a free-for-all, after all.

QXPrjQp.png

Icarus onslaught on the bunny Pokemon was going quite well.  Still, his attention kept drifting towards the chaos brewing over knight joining the battle.  Luckily, Kanon had enough goodwill to scoop the Pokemon up in her arms, and out of harms way.  Oswald let out a sigh of relief, no sense in the little guy getting hurt in a situation like this after all.  

"fine, ember!"

"Wait what?!"  Oswald's mind came back to the battle at hand, as Icarus was hit by yet another burst of small flames.  He squawked in pain, as he started to lose air.  "Icarus, hang in ther-"  

"And now, tackle Icarus!"

"Wait h-hold on a sec!"  The Rockruff was able to get enough air on Icarus to land a heavy tackle, prompting the Starly to fall to the ground.  The bird Pokemon didn't even let out as much of a peep, as he lay on the deck of the ship with his wings spread out.  "Icarus!" Oswald cried out, before rushing towards him.  He cradled the small bird in his arms, and brought him back outside of the chaos.  Soon enough, the Starly looked up to Oswald with a rather poor expression, like it had disappointed his trainer.  "You did great, Ic.  Don't take it too hard.  Try to rest up."  Oswald returned Icarus to his Pokeball.  He looked to the others as he shrugged.  "Well darn...looks like I'm the first one out..."  He walked up to Kanon, holding out both hands.  "No sense in you holding Knight.  I'll take him off your hands so you can focus on the battle."  Oswald couldn't help but hear the thoughts at the back of his mind.

"Way to play dirty..."

"I thought we were friends..."

"You hurt Icarus..."  

He ignored them, just smiling at her, rubbing the back of his head.  

"It is a Free for All, after all."  

The other girl nodded...and almost fell back asleep, while nodding again. Yeah, there was definitely something up with her. She was as ill-suited for this "trainer" thing as Belle herself was. "Princess never needed that. She'ws fine layin a'tome all the time. We've been together for years and never went for a walk once before coming here." The girl seemed strangely proud of that. Still, it proved what Belle was thinking. Pokémon didn't need to be taken on walks. Her new companions were just odd.

"Makes sense...they use all energy in battle...an' rest when not..."

"I dunno what a Poamoo is but is it big enough to ride? Princess is good at that. You should get a Pokemon that can carry you around. It's the best!" She blinked for a while, sitting there, looking up at the girl. Then, "Who're you nyway?"

"No, Moo's not big enough, no' yet anyway..." the girl frowned. "Tha's a thought though..." her eyes drooped as she thought that through. "If I get a 'mon that can carry me around...that's less walking for me! Genius!" she nodded, looking a little livelier than earlier. "I guess it's not just fluff up there, huh? Oh, I'm Belle," she said. "Short for Belladonna, but that's such a mouthful, way too long to say out loud," she yawned, picking up the remote and starting to flip through channels idly. "Wha's your name?" she asked, voice going back to its normal, drooping quality.

OCO5E4E.png

"Hey!" Ivan shouted at the Hoppip as it started to use Absorb on the Pancham. However, it ended up hitting the Rockruff instead due to the tackle. This still annoyed Ivan to no end, and he was about to do something about the Hoppip when the rain coat girl came swooping in all of the sudden, picking up the Hoppip and commanding the Rockruff to Tackle the Starly. Ivan was surprised the girl didn't go for him, instead aiming her attack at the Starly. Ivan knew exactly what this would mean and, without hesitating, order his own command. "Po, chase down that Rockruff and Arm Thrust it!" Po nodded, leaping towards the rock dog as Icarus fainted from all the attacks on him, arms swinging in the air as he rapidly approached his target. His face was stone cold, still very much annoyed by the Hoppip's interference.

"I guess it's not just fluff up there, huh? Oh, I'm Belle,"

Naomi tilted her head. She put a hand up to her head and stroked her hair, wincing as her hand got caught in it a moment. "S'kinda fluffy." She responded with a shrug. "Hi Belle!, M'name's Naomi." She managed to get the whole thing out. "I'm with the uh, those two up there, loud boy, loud girl. They're fighting. Probably. Lots of fighting. Maybe Knight went to fight."

She looked up at Belle. "Princess fights by herself a lot, don't have to tell her much, she gets it. Knight doesn't. Is that weird?" She finished her statement with a yawn and tried to squirm up the couch to no avail. Merely rubbing along it like a cat. Eventually she gave up and just slumped her head back onto the cushion. "Whatcha watchin?" She asked, looking at the television curiously.

giphy.gif

He had hit! Something! It wasn't what he wanted to hit but it was still a hit! But then the girl, who wasn't his trainer, grabbed him and pulled him from the fray. No fair. The Pokemon began to squirm against her, leaves smacking the girl repeatedly in the face in the process. When Oswald came over to offer to grab him instead the Pokemon gave what was probably supposed to be a glare but it didn't quite have the effect given the creature's bubbly appearance. The best it could muster was a mild pout. "Piiiiiip"

a8cPQwE.png

Both Rus and Jacklyn had a joyous look on their face as the ember had managed to connect, scorching the Starly. While Rus was getting ready to go for yet another attack, it seemed it was unnecessary as the Rockruff had made its way over, tackling them as well. Jacklyn was ecstatic saying, "way to go Rus! That's one down, and only two- three? - more to go!" Rus, however, was annoyed that the one he had been facing so far had been blindsided and defeated but a different pokemon. Looking towards the Rockruff, clearly seeing it as its next target, Jacklyn noticed this saying, "alright Rus. We'll take them out and then, that Hoppip shall be mine!" She emphatically pointed towards both Kanon and Oswald, as they seemed to be trying to trade the grass-type around, completely oblivious to any discussion the two were actually having about it. "Rus, Ember!" Nodding, the Lepash let loose yet another small burst of flames towards the Rockruff.

ZrjobFh.png

"Wait h-hold on a sec!"

And with the Tackle, Icarus was out of the fray. That meant Oswald was the first one out. If nothing else, Kanon wouldn't be dead last in this scuffle. As long as there weren't any malicious intents floating around, battles were pretty fun, as it turned out. Kanon was getting a better idea of why people wanted to be the best at this, but the title of "Champion" still didn't feel like something that suited her. Especially not with what happened next. Ivan's Pancham made its move, thrusting its arms into Lunar. Then a second time. And a third. And a fourth time to call it a day.

Lunar's legs wobbled for a bit, before giving in, with the stony boy falling onto his belly, no longer able to fight.

"No sense in you holding Knight. I'll take him off your hands so you can focus on the battle."

"Piiiiiip"

"I've got him." Kanon reached into her pocket with one hand, taking care to not let Knight slip out of her grasp with the other, then pulled out Lunar's Pokeball, and returned him to it. You did a good job, Lunar. She would have preferred to win, obviously, but it wasn't like she could go back in time to do it over again. Losing was part of trainer battles too.

The girl tilted her head and stroked her hair, wincing as her hand got caught in it a moment. "S'kinda fluffy." She responded with a shrug. "Hi Belle!, M'name's Naomi." She managed to get the whole thing out. "I'm with the uh, those two up there, loud boy, loud girl. They're fighting. Probably. Lots of fighting. Maybe Knight went to fight."

Loud boy and girl? Belle hadn't seen anybody who looked like that, but, granted, she had gone downstairs as soon as she had heard the words "couch" and "television" from the captain. Still, they sounded like her own companions. "Pro'ly fighting the people I'm with. Ivan and..." she yawned, "Jacklyn. So, Naomi, huh? Weird name, but I don't have much room to talk."

The brunette looked up at Belle. "Princess fights by herself a lot, don't have to tell her much, she gets it. Knight doesn't. Is that weird?" She finished her statement with a yawn and tried to squirm up the couch to no avail. Merely rubbing along it like a cat. Eventually she gave up and just slumped her head back onto the cushion. "Whatcha watchin?" She asked, looking at the television curiously.

"Moo's good about that too, but not always," the bluenette replied. "I had to tell him to use Vine Whip, maybe cuz he just learned it or somethin'," she shrugged. "Maybe different mons are just different." That made sense. Honestly, she hadn't thought too much about it before. Compared to shows and games, Pokémon just weren't that interesting. But this girl had a lot of questions. "I'm watching..." she glanced at the screen. "Torradigon. It's 'bout a girl with a Torracat and a boy with a Druddigon." She didn't say anything more than that, but as the show unfolded it became obvious what it was about.

"Who are you calling a pint-sized Litten?!" a short girl with long brown hair shouted.

Oh, she's loud too, Belle thought. She and Jacklyn would get along, probably.

Edited by Sethera

OCO5E4E.png

Po stood proudly as the last swing of his arm took down the Rockruff. "Good job, Po!" Ivan turned over to Jacklyn and Rus, with them being the last trainers standing. A bit ironic, considering this was the plan before they met this other trio of trainers. Regardless, it was the situation they found themselves in. Ivan pointed his finger at Rus, not missing a beat. "Po, Arm Thrust!" Ivan commanded, the small panda nodding as it started charging forward. Ivan's eyes were more intense than they usually were, feeling the rush of adrenaline. They were so close to winning this thing, Ivan could taste victory.

"Maybe different mons are just different."

Naomi's eyes widened as Belle said this. Different are...different? She glanced at Princess. She certainly was different than Knight. Was that it? "You're like a genius." Naomi said, impressed by the girl's words of wisdom. "Maybe I should tell Knight stuff." She nodded. Maybe she could try it sometime.

Her eyes turned to the television. She didn't recognize the show. Then again she never really watched much TV so that wasn't a surprise. It was funny from what she could tell but...she found it hard to focus. Her eyes kept wandering from the flashing colors to around the room they were in. "Watchin' TV's hard." Naomi muttered. "Focusin on it so much you can't even look away even though it doesn't move." The show continued on and Naomi found herself drifting off again. But she didn't want to drift off just yet. The genius girl was still here. "Belle." She started. "D'ya know why people try?"

giphy.gif

Knight was frustrated. He knew, just knew, he could beat up those two Pokemon if only this girl would. Let. Her. Go. But she was stubborn and continued to cling onto Knight. Which only led the Hoppip to smack her more in the face with his leaves out of frustration.

a8cPQwE.png

Jacklyn was fired up as yet another of the opponent's pokemon were taken down. Which left only one left to go. Rus looked to Po, a fierce look in his eyes as the Pancham began making its way over towards him. Looking to Ivan as well, she said, "it's just you and me! Now Rus, get ready!" Of course, by the time she gave the direction that attack was already upon them. With one arm thrust swinging out, Rus dodged out of the way of the first, though, sloppily, putting him in harms way for the next barrage of arm thrusts. Getting struck once, twice, thrice and a fourth time, Rus was beaten up quite greatly, causing the Lepash to grunt in pain and wince. All the same, still holding its own ground and now right in the Pancham's face, the Lepash had a defiant look on its face as he started to have a red aura glow around him. "Alright Rus, Ember!" With the same order that had come out the entire rest of the fight, Rus let out an empowered ember right at the Pancham, looking to bring it down. 

The Pancham took the ember straight on to the chest, the flames exploding in its face. However, with yet another command from Ivan to Arm Thrust, the Pancham struck out with yet another punch against Rus, uppercutting the fire bunny and then striking with a second fist, knocking into the Lepash. Though he was greatly injured, Po still stood which was more than could be said about Rus. With her own pokemon having been knocked out, Jacklyn said, "Rus!" Walking over to him and picking him up, the girl looked to the others saying, "I lost." Her voice was flat, and her expression seemed to be trying to figure out how she should process the defeat, before she loudly exclaimed, "well, way to go Ivan! I knew a member of my team could do it. But as your captain, I won't lose next time!" Giving a side eye to the Hoppip, she said, "and I'll get you next time." 

Naomi's eyes widened, glancing at her Rhyhorn and then back to Belle. "You're like a genius," the brunette said, sounding impressed. "Maybe I should tell Knight stuff." She nodded.

A genius huh? I don’t know if I’d go that far. "Yeah, that's probably good. 'Specially if you just got him," the blue-haired girl agreed. "When I got Moo, he kept looking at me. Like he was waiting for me to say things. Still does sometimes." The more she thought about it, the more she realized that Pokémon, and battling with them, was really complicated. Like a new genre of game, one that was neither a platformer, RPG, or shooter, but something all its own. It was closest to a fighting game, but still fundamentally different. For one thing, button mashing wasn't a thing, unless you wanted to do that on your Pokédex. While Belle loved a good game, she wasn't so sure she wanted to master this type of game...the game of real life.

So instead she turned her attention to the television. The girl was currently blushing and stammering in front of a guy with glasses now. Skittymura or something. She acts so differently around him than Stakatakasu. Than again, he acts a lot differently around Kushieldon.

"Belle." The bluenette started. She had forgotten that Naomi was even there for a while, so engrossed by the show. "D'ya know why people try?"

What kind of question is this? This girl really was something else. But she had given her the idea to ride on her Pokémon, so Belle decided to answer her seriously. "Try? Hmm..." she thought for a bit. "I dunno. Don't really have too many things I try on, except games. But that's 'cause they're fun. And I like being good at the things I like, so I end up trying to get good at gaming." She continued, starting to wake up more as she spoke. "Can't really say much about other people, but I guess they try because they want to get good at things too." That was probably why Ivan and Jacklyn were so enthusiastic about battling. While Belle couldn't quite bring herself to match their mindsets, she could relate to the emotions behind them.

Edited by Sethera

"Can't really say much about other people, but I guess they try because they want to get good at things too."

"Do you...hafta be good at things? S'there something wrong bout being bad at things?" Naomi responded. But she seemed to grow quieter. Liking things meant you wanted to be good at it? She liked Princess. Does that mean she should get better at training her?

As if the Pokemon knew she was being thought about she moved on over towards the pair and settled down in front of Naomi. "D'ya wanna get better?" Naomi asked Princess. To which the Rhyhorn snorted and nodded its large head.

Naomi looked over at Belle. "I dunno how t'get good." She said. "Seems really hard." She paused then gave a goofy, crooked, smile. "You're a good friend aren'tcha?"

giphy.gif

"and I'll get you next time." 

Knight tried to break free from Kanon's grasp in order to go after Jacklyn, eager to prove her wrong in battle, despite the girl's iron grip.

As the group stood there the captain came up to them. "Ahoy there lads, lasses, it's time for us to set off. You can stay up here if you want just be sure to be careful and stay away from the sides o'the ferry. It should only take a few hours to arrive so settle in folks."

He then headed up to the captain's nest and started the ship up with a sudden roar of the engine. And then the two groups were on their way towards the next city and the mainland of Korova.

QXPrjQp.png

After he had gotten knocked out, it wasn't long before the whole battle royal was completely over with.  That made him feel better at least.  However, the winner of the whole thing was that guy with the shifty looking eyes.  By the congratulations he received from his teammate, it seemed that this Ivan wasn't such a lowlife creep.  Oswald would've suggested he do something about those shifty eyes...but what was it that Ivan could do about them.  Oswald walked up to him and shrugged.  

"A shame you were born with those things."  Oswald then handed Ivan 100 Poke.  "You won, so here's from me to you.  Enjoy."  As Oswald turned around, he looked back towards Ivan with a glare.  "I'll be coming back for it, tenfold!  So don't go spending it just yet."  Oswald walked towards Kanon, giving her a light bump on the shoulder with his.  "Seriously?  You knock me out and then get roughed up by that guy?  What were you thinking?  If you were gonna knock me out, at least wait until the other two people who don't even know you are down and out too!"  Oswald pushed up the front of his hair and sighed.  "Sheesh..."  

"Ahoy there lads, lasses, it's time for us to set off. You can stay up here if you want just be sure to be careful and stay away from the sides o'the ferry. It should only take a few hours to arrive so settle in folks."

"Well," Oswald continued, "looks like we've got some time on our hands.  I can't fish while the boat's moving...wanna go see what sleeping beauty's up to?"  He said, gesturing towards where Naomi had wandered off prior to the battle royal.  

ZrjobFh.png

"Knock it off," Kanon whispered to Knight, in response to the leaves smacking her in the face. She was familiar enough with plants in her face to not be especially bothered by it, but to say it wasn't at least more than a little irritating would be a lie. However, the fight then ended, and while Kanon did loosen her grip on Knight a little bit, she wasn't sure about letting him entirely free just yet. He and Lunar would need to always have someone keeping an eye on them, wouldn't they?

"You won, so here's from me to you. Enjoy."

That was a custom Kanon never really understood. You lose a battle, and then you give money to the winner? Was it illegal to not pay them or something? What happened if the loser didn't have any money? Kanon cast a glance toward Oswald, who didn't seem pleased that she lost immediately after taking him out of the fight. It was time to take off, and as long as the trainers didn't stray too close to the side of the ferry, they had a few hours to kill.

"Well, looks like we've got some time on our hands. I can't fish while the boat's moving...wanna go see what sleeping beauty's up to?"

"Sleeping, I bet," Kanon replied. It seemed okay to let Knight loose now, maybe. And so, Kanon released the Hoppip from her grip, letting him roam free, but coupled with a stern "Don't go picking any fights, Knight."

And then back to Oswald.

"Do you know why trainers give people money when they lose in a battle? Is it illegal not to pay them or something?"

Edited by Yui

"Do you...hafta be good at things? S'there something wrong bout being bad at things?" Naomi responded. The girl went quiet as she thought that over.

Belle couldn't really say she understood the girl's logic. Why would you not want to be good at something you liked? The very thought of not wanting to be the best at your hobby was just baffling. "I guess there's nothing wrong with not wanting to be good at things," she started slowly. "But if you like that thing, then why wouldn't you want to be better at it?" She liked video games, and it felt even better when she got good at them. A strange, exhilarating feeling, as if she had just climbed a mountain and stood at the peak. She felt...fulfilled.

Meanwhile, the brunette looked down at the Rhyhorn, Princess, beside her. "D'ya wanna get better?" The Rhyhorn snorted and nodded its large head.

She then looked over at Belle. "I dunno how t'get good." She said. "Seems really hard."

"Hard..." the bluenette muttered. "I guess it is, but once you're good, that's the best feeling."

The other girl gave a goofy, crooked, smile. "You're a good friend aren'tcha?"

"Huh?" the blue-haired girl jumped slightly in her seat. "Friend? What..." When had they become friends? They had just talked for a little while. Granted, the talk was a lot calmer and nicer than any other talk she'd ever had, but...friends? Didn't becoming friends involve things like secret handshakes and secret clubs and going over to each other's houses? At least that was the impression she had gotten from watching other people at school. Or maybe it meant building rockets together and sharing insecurities and punching them in the face? That was what anime had taught her. Or was it saving somebody from a monster and making fun of their hairstyle and traveling together for extended periods of time? That was what video games had taught her. She had done none of that with this person...except perhaps the insecurity thing.

Was that enough to make them friends?

She didn't need friends. She had gone her whole life without friends, and would probably go the rest of her life without them. She didn't need friendship when she could experience it through anime and video games. Real life people were never as kind or as selfless and two-dimensional people.

Besides, nobody had ever wanted to be her friend. They wanted her to travel with them, sure, but that was only because of a mutual need. There was nothing more to it than that. Friendship...that was something extra, useless, unwanted...like her.

She said nothing as she stared at the screen. The squinty-eyed male was saying something. "We're in the same boat now." Was that what was going on here? They were both trainers, standing on the same boat, so they were friends? That seemed so...simple.

Belle wasn't sure what to think about all of this right now. Ugh. She held a hand against her forehead. This girl is giving me a headache. She jumped again at feeling the boat move underneath her. "Aagh!" she fell off the couch and onto the floor next to Naomi. "Guess we started to move..." she muttered, cheek squashed against the floorboards.

Edited by Sethera

Naomi watched Belle as she seemed to go through some sort of crisis. She was certainly a funny person wasn't she? Naomi smiled as she watched the girl's expression shift on her face. Did she say something weird? Naomi didn't really know what friend meant of course but it seemed to be the type of thing that would work for this situation.

She looked towards Princess who grunted and shifted her body in what Naomi knew was a shrug.

And then Belle fell off of the couch beside Naomi. "Guess we started to move..."

"Guess'o." Naomi muttered. "S'weird isn't it? Ships. Moving on water. Only water I moved on fore was swamp water and that wazn't oft'n." She swayed back and forth. Gently rocking herself with the motions of the ferry. "D'ya think the others are done battlin now?" Naomi asked. 

The girl slumped down in front of Belle, not minding her personal space, her face inches from the other girl's own. "Gonna nap too? Or d'ya wanna go back to the couch. Princess can help!"

And, if the girl expressed a desire to get up, Princess would, surprisingly gently, grab Belle by the back of the shirt with her mouth and lift her back up to her feet.

giphy.gif

As soon as Knight was freed from Kanon's grasp he zoomed towards Jacklyn. He meant to stop in front of her but he misjudged the distance and his speed and ended up smacking into the girl's face.

Moving back a bit the Hoppip hovered in front of the girl and said his name in a somewhat aggressive way. Obviously annoyed at the entire situation.