Sign in to follow this  
Jolly Glot

Ivram, Inheritor of Future Worlds

Ivram, Inheritor of Future Worlds

LIGHT / Rating 5 / Spellcaster / Link / Effect

Arrow: Left, Right, Bottom Left, Bottom, Bottom Right

2+ "Guardragon", "Krawler", "World Chalice", "Crusadia", and/or "Mekk-Knight" Monsters with Different Names

This card and monster(s) that this card summon is unaffected by effect of cards own by opponent of the original owner of this card other than effect of DIVINE monster. If this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon as many Spell/Trap in your GY that either a "World Legacy" card and/or has same category as monsters used as Link Material to Link Summon this card as Normal Monster [WATER/Level 1/Psychic/ATK 0/DEF 0] as possible on either side of the fields. It cannot be use as  tribute or Material to Summon a monster whose its category is not same as that monster and its Banished when it removed from the field. also you cannot special summon monster for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Ivram, Inheritor of Future Worlds" once per turn

ATK 4900

I maybe wrong, but Ib and Avram of the World Legacy Saga is pretty much romantic lovers and this card is my vision if the 2 had a child. Which is interesting since Ivram is not only Ib + Avram but also can be based on Ibrahim which is arabic language for Abraham, the biblical Father of Nations, Pretty poetic given he will inherit whatever left from the World Legacy realm should it survive eh? 

With that i mind, i want this card not only as a potential finisher but also an extender for grind games should your opponent survive the killing blow. 

So the first effect is intended to make itself, and the pseudo-monsters it Summons, unaffected by the opponent's effects, even if their control changes? It's an unique effect, albeit I found it confusing at first and had to re-read the sentence repeatedly. I find clever and unique the effect of transferring bonuses to monsters summoned by its own effects.
However, not a fan of the card. The flavor is nice and all and makes enough sense to me if you ship Ib and Avram, so that's not the problem for me. Instead, it seems that by nature the card falls on the "awesome but impractical" trope as a Link5 with semi-specific material requirements and an effect that asks for OTKs or locking the opponent's board, and that's a shaky design approach, and AFAIK prone to fall on a "bad or break" situation in the sense that either it's so impractical that it's rarely played, or players find a way to make it consistent enough to become a problem for the game. Now, can't say it's a bad thing because "awesome but impractical" cards are also a thing in YGO and I'm not against making cards with such design when intended, it's mostly me not being a fan of such approaches due to their aforementioned risky nature. It's not exactly unfair until proven otherwise, but that would require practical tests.