Blake

[BL001] Dark Synchronizer

gKEZSNV.png?1

2 DARK monsters, including a Tuner
If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 DARK Tuner monster from your Graveyard, but its effects are negated. If a DARK Synchro Monster(s) is Special Summoned to a zone(s) this card points to while this card is on the field, except during the Damage Step: Draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Dark Synchronizer" once per turn.

first card on ncm whoooo

It's like I'm really playing Red Dragon Electrumite!

No but really this feels like Electrumite but for Resonators, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, since aside from needlefiber synchros aren't really too strong. Nice touch on the Special Summon clause so I can use my Inheritance on Abyss tho.

Also might wanna check your Link Rating on the image

Nitpick talking but I find the DARK/Fiend typing as bland, and it is overused after all. If it looked like a fiend I would understand, but the art looks like it could be a Machine, Cyberse, Insect, or even Psychic. Would be nice if you considered those types. Funnily enough, considering its Synchro-associated name, as a DARK/Insect is could more of less be seen as a relative to Fusion Parasite, in that this supports Synchros, while Parasite supports Fusions.

That aside, I find the effect a bit too fair. Maybe I'm missing some crazy combos, but discarding to revive a Tuner, or bring back any you used for this card's Link Summon, feels too balanced when cards like Needlefiber and Isolde exist. I can see it's meant to set up for the draw of the second effect but still... IDK, really. Then again, if you are playing DARK Synchros, most likely you got cards in hand that want or don't mind beign discarded so in that sense it further assists with set-up. Speaking of the draw, IMO it doesn't really need the "except during the damage step" restriction, you can leave it out without breaking anything.

11 hours ago, BringerofEnd said:

It's like I'm really playing Red Dragon Electrumite!

No but really this feels like Electrumite but for Resonators, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, since aside from needlefiber synchros aren't really too strong. Nice touch on the Special Summon clause so I can use my Inheritance on Abyss tho.

Also might wanna check your Link Rating on the image

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT LINK RATING YOU SPEAK OF HAHA YES OKAY HAND

But yeah, even though Electrumite was a bit too strong, I think that general vein of design is the right direction to go in. Enabler effect + resource effect. I wasn't really thinking resonators, but yeah, this is a nice RDA support Link.

28 minutes ago, Darj said:

Nitpick talking but I find the DARK/Fiend typing as bland, and it is overused after all. If it looked like a fiend I would understand, but the art looks like it could be a Machine, Cyberse, Insect, or even Psychic. Would be nice if you considered those types. Funnily enough, considering its Synchro-associated name, as a DARK/Insect is could more of less be seen as a relative to Fusion Parasite, in that this supports Synchros, while Parasite supports Fusions.

That aside, I find the effect a bit too fair. Maybe I'm missing some crazy combos, but discarding to revive a Tuner, or bring back any you used for this card's Link Summon, feels too balanced when cards like Needlefiber and Isolde exist. I can see it's meant to set up for the draw of the second effect but still... IDK, really. Then again, if you are playing DARK Synchros, most likely you got cards in hand that want or don't mind beign discarded so in that sense it further assists with set-up. Speaking of the draw, IMO it doesn't really need the "except during the damage step" restriction, you can leave it out without breaking anything.

I disagree. While DARK/Fiend is a common type and attribute combo, that doesn't mean it doesn't fit this.

I considered Reptile and Insect, because it is an Eldritch Alien creature... But that's just it, it's Eldritch, like Nyarla and Azzathoth, and those aren't even the most out there fiends. The alien aspect goes in with it being a "Cosmic Horror", too, so I think it works. Reptile is the only other type I'd really consider, at the end of the day.

And while it may be pretty fair in theory... This is DARK. The grave happiest attribute with the most generic support. Plus Danger!. I'm honestly nervous I didn't restrict it enough.

Of course, Reptile can work too. Again, it's just a nitpick. It can be a DARK/Fiend just fine, but personally I  give priority to less used typings xD

Also didn't think of Dangers! either although I do know other DARKs that like the GY. Should be fine then, IMO. I wouldn't worry about it being too restricted.