radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 7/21/2023 at 12:45 AM, LordCowCow said:

good on alex for winning that tony and cool ear worm but kinda eh 6/10 i'm sure it's great in the context of the full musical though

OP Suggestion: i spent like a month talking down on lauren bousfield's new album and now i can't stop listening to it rip me 8/10 

On 8/21/2023 at 1:07 PM, LordCowCow said:

bass is a little heavy where i don't think it should be, kinda hurt my ears in places 6/10

OP Suggestion: kristin hayter she formerly of lingua ignota fame is now the reverend kristin michael hayter and she's got an album coming out in two months pretty psyched about it 8/10 

On 8/26/2023 at 4:16 PM, LordCowCow said:

8/10 yeah sure she can have it if she wants it that badly

On 8/28/2023 at 1:34 AM, yui said:

8/10 yeah sure they can have my time if they need it that badly

On 8/28/2023 at 1:40 AM, The Chayncemaniac said:

honestly i'm just more confused as to why context would be necessary tbh song's fine 7/10

6 hours ago, cr47t said:

i still have no idea what pizza tower is besides the trans dude memes but at least it knows how to rock a mean song 8/10

OP Suggestion: i watched the movie "drive" tonight and say what you will about the movie it has a banger of a soundtrack 8/10 

On 9/9/2023 at 12:48 AM, LordCowCow said:

didn't really love the beginning but got into it near the end hm 6.5/10

On 9/9/2023 at 1:11 AM, yui said:

Not Tom Cardy's best but still alright 6.5/10 also

they thought they could stop a demon i'm back also charismacom is back and if you don't know who charismacom are boy howdy do i have some weird something something for you 7/10

On 11/17/2023 at 7:56 PM, LordCowCow said:

congratulations to tsubaki for coming out but the cover's a bit uncanny valley for me. i don't want to be like "she changed the lyrics now it sucks" but 6/10

On 11/18/2023 at 6:51 PM, yui said:

i'm sure it's hype in game but i really couldn't get into this one and when i started hearing the "find the flame" over and over on relisten i realized i probably wouldn't 6/10

13 hours ago, cr47t said:

ok so i'm not sure this is an own that requires an evil laugh, like, justice is one of my favorite electronic acts and the length is, like, i listen to forty-minute post-rock drones for fun sometimes -- seventeen and a half is nothing. †/10

49 minutes ago, Mr Spaz said:

sure 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: Oneohtrix Point Never has taken a break from scoring Adam Sandler films and is back to making albums and this one's pretty good in my opinion 7.5/10 

On 11/22/2023 at 12:07 AM, radio414 said:

ok so i'm not sure this is an own that requires an evil laugh, like, justice is one of my favorite electronic acts and the length is, like, i listen to forty-minute post-rock drones for fun sometimes -- seventeen and a half is nothing. †/10

ok funny thing is, just after posting planisphere i remembered this monster of a YT shitpost - well worthy of an opponent, i imagine, while also being a golden achievement of internet humor and all that. catch is, its not really music but the joke was going to be "tell me this isn't music to your ears" or some shit like that. in the end i decided not to post it because i didnt want to be a dick by possibly derailing the thread with something of hours-long length, so please let me ask now, is it ok if i post it here? or if not that can i DM it to you?

in the meantime heres some calmer stuff for me to offer until i know if it's okay

Edited by cr47t
clarity edit in the request

On 11/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, LordCowCow said:

joe is very red here and i can't tell if that's the lighting or if he's just like that anyway not sure how i feel about power metal overall but this was fun 6.5/10

On 11/22/2023 at 11:22 PM, yui said:

just doin' a little dance 7/10

On 11/24/2023 at 9:31 AM, cr47t said:

ok funny thing is, just after posting planisphere i remembered this monster of a YT shitpost - well worthy of an opponent, i imagine, while also being a golden achievement of internet humor and all that. catch is, its not really music but the joke was going to be "tell me this isn't music to your ears" or some shit like that. in the end i decided not to post it because i didnt want to be a dick by possibly derailing the thread with something of hours-long length, so please let me ask now, is it ok if i post it here? or if not that can i DM it to you?

in the meantime heres some calmer stuff for me to offer until i know if it's okay

look i'll listen to anything posted in this thread. i cannot say the same thing for my dms.

but i also reserve the right to not finish it or rate it

i will rate slag boom van loon remixed by boards of canada though. obviously good stuff to put on some dashcam footage 8/10

OP Suggestion: i didn't update the thread for months which means there's a new king gizz album out it's got normal electronic songs for normal people and then extended mixes for sickos like me 7.5/10

Edited by radio414

On 11/29/2023 at 2:11 AM, radio414 said:

look i'll listen to anything posted in this thread. i cannot say the same thing for my dms.

but i also reserve the right to not finish it or rate it

i will rate boards of canada remixed by slag boom van loon though. obviously good stuff to put on some dashcam footage

just a bit of a note - it's slag boom being remixed by BoC not the other way around.

anyway heres the "music to ____'s ears" shitpost video i talked about, but its length is a monster of its own. i dont actually expect you to finish it but i do want to know your thoughts on the fact that this exists

(this isn't supposed to be a prosletizing post btw, i just thought it was a good shitpost)

Edited by cr47t
clarified i dont necessarily expect a full watch

On 11/29/2023 at 3:18 AM, LordCowCow said:

"when he said, 'as you wish,' what he meant was, 'i love you.'" 6.5/10

On 12/5/2023 at 10:53 AM, cr47t said:

yeah seeing this three months ago was cool but also not getting a rating in a music rating thread. i did correct the remix thing from the last post though sorry i mixed that up.

On 12/6/2023 at 2:15 AM, Mr Spaz said:

6.5/10 that's a really tempting song name to meme on but i will resist the urge

OP Suggestion: i don't normally listen to noise but i do sometimes dip my toe in and enjoy what i find 7/10