Skaia

I AMA Bandwagoner

I’ll say allay. It’s a nice short word, and a helpful one at that. Not asked but I would also like if more spell checks recognized the word teleport as a real word.

You get to lead the way for Riot's next VGU! Which champion besides Ryze do you give it to, and how will you tackle it?

Edited by Yui

Alright so I am neither creative nor do I really know who is in desperate need of one, and the ones I'd like to see changed I don't really know how I'd go about it. Not to mention I'm not super in on the lore so I don't know who's really dissonant with kit to lore. 

My first thought was Annie, because at the moment she doesn't feel like a pyromancer so much as an icbm with a fire look slapped onto her. But then I thought about it more and couldn't figure out how to not just make her Brand 2.0. Then there's obviously Tryndamere but I also don't know what I'd replace the things I find offensive about his kit. So uh yeah, game dev is hard.

Sorry for giving basically a non-answer after waiting for this long but I haven't been able to figure anything out after thinking on it for awhile. 

You must bring one dead famous person back to life with a one-year lifespan. Who do you choose?

Hmmm, there's probably a lot of philosophical or scientific or historical value in bringing back a lot of different famous figures. But that's boring. You know what you should do with a power like that? Bring back like, a boxer or something. Someone like Muhammad Ali I guess, he's like a super champion boxer and like the only one whose name I know off the top of my head. I suppose he'd also have to be brought back in his prime for this to work but just think of the marketing of him coming back to life and everyone having a year to prove that they're the new undisputed champion of boxing. It'd be like Jaden vs Yugi but like, less card games and not involving GX in the slightest. 

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.

Well, from RPs across these two sites lemme see. 

I already mentioned Alois in a previous question that I think Radio asked, and so I'll mention him again. The short of it is just that I really enjoy writing for him, being incredibly cavalier in the face of bizarre paranormal happenings, being incredibly sarcastic to anyone and everyone but also just being a generally cool dude. Also having like, one of the only real ships that I've ever been apart of. So yeah. 

I have no idea why, but I'm pretty attached to Fen. I didn't play her for very long since the Cherry Heart she was in didn't go for too long. But I've always enjoyed her for one reason or another. I suppose the contrast of being a demure girl who has no problem butchering and cooking monsters has always been fun to me. She also has the real underdog zero to hero kind of vibe, and I think I really enjoyed writing for someone who wanted to do things, wasn't capable, felt like she was constantly being coddled and resented it as well. Though, if I ever did write for her again I'd probably make her at the very least less shy to help differentiate from Ryia. I also feel particularly attached to Ryia for entirely similar reasons, but I can still play her so the longing feeling of actually playing her is not there. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all. 

Haruka from Skybound Fortune is up there as well. I don't know how attached to her I am, really, but I am definitely proud of her. I think I answered this also in Radio's question and I've said this like a ton every time I talk about her but I really did like how absolutely normal and average I wrote her. Honestly, I am pretty sad that she only ever really got involved in one action packed happenstance because I really would've enjoyed writing the totally normal girl get somehow dragged into a robot alien invasion without actually having much in way of powers or what have you to combat them. Just kind of being there. The RP died pretty quickly though so, such a thing couldn't happen. 

I feel obligated to also add Jun from Skies. I mean, she's like legitimately the only thing keeping me in the RP right now (at least, her and the connections she has with like three of the other cast.) And I mean, I like her. But clearly I must be attached to actually keep up with this solely out of interest of my own character's long term motivations. So yeah. 

Last one but in no specific order would be Nine, from Pokemon Gijinka: Fallen God. He is legitimately nothing like I expected him to be. But, I am pretty invested in the RP and he is a person who is very invested in the world around him. He also lets me have long winded talks about philosophy and honestly just act like the most straight up shounen protagonist I've ever written. Which I try to avoid normally in RP but I gotta admit it's fun. Also through him, i'm able to learn more about the world and the people in it and as a result feel more invested in it through him then I would in say, Marie. Marie's wonderful too, though. 

Honorable Mentions for this I'll say are Ross, from Demon Blood (3), Furiko from Yugioh Forsaken Legends and Yuuka from MHA Year One. I really like them, really liked what I planned for them (except Ross who had nothing planned for her,) and always did have a blast posting as them as well. I also regularly think about them and what else I'd do with them or where else I can shoehorn them in, as is recently evident, so who knows what the future may hold. 

ICHI 

I liked writing and it seemed neat. There's a whole lengthy backstory to this whole process, but that's the short of it. 

NI 

FIGHTING! Probably. I dunno, it's hard to say what I actually say the most about rping in general because RPing is different from regular writing in that everything I do is dependent on everyone else. So I'm really just going with what I like writing most. Which is action. That being said, action in RP is a different beast then just solo writing. Because when I'm just writing by myself I can plan out and choreograph all the different scenes and stuff. Here, I can talk with someone else about it and sometimes either get info on their moves and see how they do things and what plans they have for a fight - which can be totally different from my own, which is neat. 

SAN

Hey Tom, what's that whole lengthy backstory you were talking about in the first question? Well me, I'm glad you asked. Or, Seth I'm glad you asked me to ask myself. I guess. Anyway. 

Rewind time a bit. Back to like, 2012. When I was a bit of wee lad. And I was into that there new fad of let's playing. I don't think it was that new back then, but you know. So I was watching this one of a game called Xcom Enemy Unknown. And this one let's player lead me to another, which is where our story really starts. So, if you don't know XCOM, it's like Fire Emblem but with guns and rather than like actual characters you just get a randomly generated soldiers to fill out your ranks. So, this one guy by the name of PaulSoaresJr. decided that in his let's play he would get people from his forum to ask for their names to be put on the soldier's names. And then, after that, they would be able to write a log of what happened in the mission they were on from their perspective. It wasn't play by post or anything like that, and you obviously didn't have any control over what you did but it still made all of the characters feel more alive. And I thought that was super neat. 

I found out about this series like, way too late though and so I didn't actually write for a character there. But! There was a little side thing for staff members of the military force in XCOM that I was apart of and it was just as neat as I thought it would be. That series eventually died though and so did the threads but I had still searched around and saw that there was a whole section on the site for RPs. So I went and did that. And then some things lead to another and now I'm here. The original site was named Punchwood, by the way, and it is also died so for better or worse i can no longer look back at the sins of my past. 

Probably? At its core XCOM is just a resistance force against alien invaders. And the way the game usually works is that you work towards main objective missions while doing randomly generated missions when you're trying to make progress to those main story ones. 

You generally have a secret base. You have guns of various kinds and sometimes psychic powers. You have a good monster of the week format with an underlying plot. And considering all of the enemy aliens are all from different planets, you generally have carte blanche to do whatever you want with them. So it has the makings of one, for sure.

I'm a bit skeptical though because well, I don't think I've ever seen an rp that the combat was mostly GUNS. Usually guns are a rarity and in xcom, especially early on, guns really hurt to be hit by. So I don't know how that would work out. Also, I would never want anyone to try and do an actual stat based RP of Xcom, at least making it as close to the game as possible. Like, imagine fire emblem, but everyone has like 5-7 range and also you have to worry about line of sight and every map is a fog of war mission. And terrain is actually incredibly important. That sounds like a nightmare to manage. 

So yeah, like probably but not something I'd ever try.

what is your favorite meme from 2010 or earlier?

Hard to tell because most aren't really used nowadays, and the tom back then would laugh at fucking anything. The tom of today only has marginally higher standards. But if I had to pick one I'm going to say "Thanks Obama." It's very all purpose. 

You get to design a pokémon with a typing that doesn't exist yet outside of legendaries. What do you make?

On 11/20/2020 at 10:24 PM, Saikazo said:

Favorite 2016 anime?

Divine Gate, without a doubt. 

I'm kidding. In fact you reminding me that that shlock was in 2016 has brought the whole year down for me and god damn was it bad. 

Anyway, the two big ones that I think of are Haikyuu S3 because it had one of my favorite scenes in my favorite manga/anime and Love Live Sunshine because boy did it blow its predecessor out of the park. There was a lot of good to pick from though. 

On 11/20/2020 at 10:32 PM, yui said:

You get to design a pokémon with a typing that doesn't exist yet outside of legendaries. What do you make?

I feel like I've been asked this before and as always i will say Grass Dragon. I don't think one exists still, and I really want one. 

EDIT: I've been informed there is a grass dragon. So I'll change to bug. Because it's all by its lonesome without dragon. 

Edited by Skaia

Fate/Grand Order is easily the top of the food chain for me, no question.

Bandori second

i don’t play it on mobile but Genshin 3rd 

Honkai 

Heroes 

I think the only others that I’ve played are Azur, Arknights, Love Live (original and all stars,) and Girls Frontline 

of them the only ones I liked were the original love live and Girls Frontline but I haven’t played them in some 2 or 3 years so I can’t offer much on that.

You can only use one Servant from each rarity for everything you do from now on in FGO. But you can pick from any that currently exist in NA 

Which ones do you choose?

you could have any servant be any class of your choosing that they haven't been before. who would be what and why? describe what combat style you'd want them to have.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:26 PM, LordCowCow said:

You can only use one Servant from each rarity for everything you do from now on in FGO. But you can pick from any that currently exist in NA 

Which ones do you choose?

1. Arash. Super chill homie, bonkers useful servant.
  2. Hans Christian Anderson. Cool dude. Broken Support. 
  3. Bedivere. Saber boi, good boi, blows up things with a single wave of his hand. Is good. 
  4. Mash. 
  5. Hokusai. Arash is all well and good but he kills himself after one wave. So she's more generic AoE for everything and is also anti-berseker and is also slick with a brush. So yeah.

On 1/13/2021 at 12:17 PM, Thar said:

you could have any servant be any class of your choosing that they haven't been before. who would be what and why? describe what combat style you'd want them to have.

Well Artoria doesn't have foreigner, avenger or alter ego yet

Pretty hard to say since a lot of servants I can think of alternate classes for wouldn't really be that different from what they are right now, (such as Lancer Achiles or Avenger Mordred or Archer Kama.) 

So because I'm drawing a blank let's go with Lancer Georgios. Why he is a rider to begin with confuses me because Bayard wasn't even around until his animation update. Similarly Ascalon, from my understanding, is generally a Lance and not a sword. It also is also a dragon slaying spear not a sword that uh...turns you into one? So he'd basically function as Lancer Siegfried/Sigurd in terms of role, while still opting to a more defensive patient and tenacious style of fighting, to keep alongside his Rider counterparts playstyle. So mostly a durable tank with a patient style of fighting to go in for one key thrust with his spear and have an affinity for slaying dragons. 

more fgo questions

If you could choose 3 servants to pull for 2021, 2022, and 2023, but can't get any other servant for those years and can't get more quartz, would you?

And regardless if you would if you did which would you pick?

Kama, Lancer Melt, Berserker Musashi 

Summer BB who goes on rate up again Castoria, Sei, Yang Guifei 

So we're like not even halfway through this year and I'm almost positive that Lostbelt 6 is going to have something I want. In fact, there's like only 5 new servants that are new that would be on rate up. That all being said. 

Muramasa, Caren and Space Ishtar because she goes on rerun  Galatea

Pretty rough deal but honestly if I could basically have any semblance of pity to get these ones over everyone else I'd probably take it.