Fusion

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Spider-Man: Far From Home is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man, produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. It is set to be the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and the twenty-third film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film is directed by Jon Watts, written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers, and stars Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man, alongside Samuel L. Jackson, Zendaya, Cobie Smulders, Jon Favreau, J. B. Smoove, Jacob Batalon, Martin Starr, Marisa Tomei, and Jake Gyllenhaal. It follows Parker and his friends as they go on summer vacation to Europe.

Spider-Man: Far From Home is scheduled to be released on July 5, 2019, in the United States.

I'm hyped. 

Impressions

Spoiler

I didn't realize Nick Fury was going to be in this, that's sick. He and Peter always had great interactions during the Ultimate Spider-Man comic, so I'm betting they'll have great chemistry.

My friend has a theory Mysterio will be like Syndrome from The Incredibles where he creates his own threats to fight. 

Or maybe it's just Hydro Man, idk.

Edited by Fusion

I was wondering if that could have been Sandman and Hydro Man as well, but I could very well see it being Mysterio creating his own threats to fight, to make himself appear as the hero instead. That would be a pretty solid motive for Mysterio.

Naturally I'm pretty excited for this. Love that Aunt May knows that Peter is Spider-Man in the MCU, so seeing some cute nods about that is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Phantom Roxas

I knew about Samuel L. Jackson being in this movie but I was still excited when Nick Fury showed up.

And I'm fuckin' so hyped about Mysterio, he's one of my favorites from Spider-Man's rogues gallery.

Edited by Shradow

I doubt it's Sandman and Hydro-Man like everyone's saying it is...oh wait, before I get into that...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! THIS MADE MY DAY!!! I'M SO HYPED AND EXCITED!!! GAAAAAAAAAH!!! X3

*Ahem* ...back on track, the synopsis on this says that it's the Elementals. Now, I don't know how far this will end up going, as in what type of variation of the team this entails, but as far as I know, I don't think Hydro-Man and Sandman are in this per say. However! I am agreeing on the theory of it possibly being what Fuse's friend said: Mysterio basically putting on a show to "pretend" to be a hero.

After all...Mysterio in some iterations of the character ISN'T a MASTER OF THE ARCANE ARTS, but simply an illusionist, hypnotist, and amateur roboticist. So devising and developing something this grand just to put on a show, isn't out of the question for him. That said, I'm pulling for Gyllenhaal to deliver good on giving us Mysterio.

The suits, I'm loving obvious homage to the Superior Spider suit for the one and the Spider-Man Noir for the other. They are looking clean!!!!

I didn't know the Elementals were a thing, that makes much more sense, because assuming that is who they are, we see three of them in the trailer (and I'm wondering if the lightning storm is related to the fourth). And while I don't know anything about Hydro-Man and Molten Man, I feel like Sandman is too big a villain to just to be thrown in as part of a group that may not even end up being real.

Also, try to say, "Peter Parker her to pick up a passport please." five time fast.

Edited by Shradow