yui

Yui's AMA

11 hours ago, Thar said:

Song of choice for your funeral? (besides Astromania)

no song; i don't want a funeral. just cremate me or throw my body into the ocean and call it a day.

2 hours ago, yui said:

no song; i don't want a funeral. just cremate me or throw my body into the ocean and call it a day.

okay, what about a song for that?

9 minutes ago, Thar said:

okay, what about a song for that?

22 minutes ago, Thar said:

Favorite Simpsons prediction?

fox getting bought by d*sney

4 hours ago, Thar said:

Favorite Jack-o-Lantern design?

it's a newer design, but i'm pretty fond of this one

044.png

13 minutes ago, Comrade Duck said:

How many times have you stubbed your toe in your life?

in my whole life? dunno, but i have vague formless memories of stubbing my toe like five or six times in my adult life.

50 minutes ago, Thar said:

Favorite slasher movie character?

Freddy Krueger of course. I'm not much of a slasher films guy, but I do love me some Nightmare on Elm Street.

Favorite costume in FGO? By that I mean its the character but in different outfit and/or class.

For instance Summer Artoria would fit but not Saber Alter. As well as costumes like Robin's summer outfit

If Illya's, then besides her

6 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Favorite costume in FGO? By that I mean its the character but in different outfit and/or class.

For instance Summer Artoria would fit but not Saber Alter. As well as costumes like Robin's summer outfit

If Illya's, then besides her

Shinjuku Salter

1 hour ago, Thar said:

favorite FF14 job?

I really wish you weren't asking this mere weeks before Endwalker early access lmao.

Anyway, at least for now, it's Ninja. I enjoy the mechanics of weaving (not the Weaver crafting job, I mean using abilities not tied to your global cooldown between global cooldowns), and Ninja is the weaving DPS job (I also really like Astrologian, the "weaving healer" job). Additionally, they have Ninjitsu, which is easily the most unique ability in the game. Lemme explain.

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

These are mudras; from left to right you've got Ten, Chi, Jin. When you activate the Ninjitsu ability, you can use your mudras then activate Ninjitsu again to get different effects depending on which mudras you did and in what order. There are seven different Ninjitsu abilities in total (one for only using a single mudra, then one each for using two or three mudra and ending on each respective mudra) that all do different things, giving Ninja a lot of things they can do mid-battle. They also have other abilities that interact with Ninjitsu. All this combined with even more utility outside of Ninjitsu (a self-shield, a damage buff against a specific enemy, and the sustain and mitigation from melee dps role actions) means Ninja has a button to deal with just about any situation.

That said, Endwalker early access starts in a bit over a month from now, and the upcoming Sage job just might come in to one-up all the other jobs I like. Without going into detail on a job that isn't even out yet, Sage is a shield-based healer that can also heal a specially-designated party member (including yourself) by dealing damage.

31 minutes ago, Thar said:

What's your favorite Daedalus Hammer upgrade? What's your least favorite?

My favorite upgrade is the Aspect of Gilgamesh-exclusive "Rending Claws" upgrade for Malphon.

unknown.png

Gilgamesh is my favorite aspect in the game, and when using it I use maim very liberally. Rending Claws allowing me to do more damage to maimed foes makes it an easy contender for my favorite hammer upgrade.

My least favorite...

unknown.png

I don't care for Coronacht's "Twin Shot" upgrade. Reducing your fire range defeats the point of using the bow in the first place, and I tend to have trouble landing both arrows on a single target. This upgrade tends to be more of an inconvenience for me than an actual upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Thar said:

Favorite/least favorite Thanksgiving foods?

My favorite was consistently pumpkin pie until recently, but with dairy turning out to not be good for me and subsequently removed from my diet, plus how much of it is apparently in a pumpkin pie, I reluctantly have to give the title of "favorite thanksgiving food" to corn of all things.

Least favorite has always been turkey. It's like chicken but exchanging all the good points of chicken for turning your mouth into the goddamn Sahara Desert.

32 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

how many avatars do you go through in a week on average

averaging out the rare week where i don't change avatars with the ones where i have an avatar crisis and make several changes in a day... probably 3-4 avatars a week on average??

9 hours ago, Thar said:

First impressions of JP Gen 6 so far?

Early take is the ones that are gonna pop off above the rest of the gen will be La+ and Chloe, especially the latter. Other than that...

La+ is Maxwell's Brat and probably the one I'd watch the most if not for the language barrier.
Chloe is a cute cute orca. I suspect I'll be seeing the most of her via clips.
Lui is the one I'll most likely watch despite language barrier.
Koyori talks so fast that she killed the LiveTL team and I can't wait for her to ascend and join Fubuki, Calliope, Ollie, and Watame in Hololive's rap pantheon.
I forgot the last one's name so I guess she didn't leave much of an impression on me ._.