Sign in to follow this  
LordCowCow

GGT Match 1-9

Are those Punies?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Paper Mario vs Pikmin

Haven't played either, but boy does TTYD have a good story (and soundtrack.)

The Thousand-Year Door was the first RPG I ever played to near completion. Didn't complete it until two years ago. I love the characters, story, settings, and music. I loved it so much that back in 2016 I bought a brand new copy of it online! Still have it, box, manual and everything. Now if only I had an official GameCube controller.

I love all the Paper Mario games, with this particular one having some of the best music and story of the series. Pikmin, on the other hand, always struck me as...never striking me in any way, and I can barely remember anything from it.

35 minutes ago, Fusion said:

TTYD is my favorite video game, so

I totally get that, it's probably in top 10 for me.

It has the one thing I find most important in RPGs. Fun NPCs. There's nothing that takes me out of a game more than going around talking to the random NPCs and they just regurgitate plot points and mechanics. TTYD is one of the best games for NPC dialogue there is.

Out of all of the Paper Mario games, TTYD was my favourite, good music, characters. I completed the game twice, though on the second completion I managed to beat the "chamber of 100 levels of dogs***." so I can fight the boss down there.

28 minutes ago, British Soul said:

Out of all of the Paper Mario games, TTYD was my favourite, good music, characters. I completed the game twice, though on the second completion I managed to beat the "chamber of 100 levels of dogs***." so I can fight the boss down there.

Me, too! It took me 13 years, but I finally beat the final boss! Personally, the boss at the end of 100 trials was easier than the story's final boss.

I did play Super Paper Mario, and I thought it was fun. Had nice characters, music, and settings. But my personal favorite installment is The Thousand-Year Door.

16 minutes ago, Nyx said:

Me, too! It took me 13 years, but I finally beat the final boss! Personally, the boss at the end of 100 trials was easier than the story's final boss.

I did play Super Paper Mario, and I thought it was fun. Had nice characters, music, and settings. But my personal favorite installment is The Thousand-Year Door.

Yeah, I didn't have much issue with that boss either.

Super Paper Mario was fine enough, but after that, I didn't really get into the future games.

TTYD for me, no contest. It was a blast and a much better improvement to the first Paper Mario.
Pikmin, on the other hand, was good and all, but I always felt tense from the day countdown and felt pressured to do things as most optimally as possible even if I had spare days. Thankfully the time limit was removed in the following games of the series.

12 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I totally get that, it's probably in top 10 for me.

It has the one thing I find most important in RPGs. Fun NPCs. There's nothing that takes me out of a game more than going around talking to the random NPCs and they just regurgitate plot points and mechanics. TTYD is one of the best games for NPC dialogue there is.

One of my video game idiosyncrasies is talking to every single NPC, so it's really great when a game puts effort into their dialogue. I'm glad you feel that way too; I think the whole Paper Mario series excels at this and at all the other things people in this thread are mentioning.

I should really get around to beating Color Splash and the original one.