Sign in to follow this  
LordCowCow

GGT Match 1-11

Dark versus Light  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Resident Evil vs Mario Sunshine

• Resident Evil Remake
    • Super Mario Sunshine

Sunshine is by no means bad, but I do feel it is one of the weaker main series Mario games. Resident Evil isn't anything amazing either, however, it takes the vote from me for what it developed into AND just how enjoyable it was, whether intentional (combat) or unintentional (bad voice acting).

I like Resident Evil. My favorites being 4 and 2. And I really give this one props to using actual art for the backgrounds/settings. But my vote goes to Sunshine. I had the most fun with this one. I even went back to it last Summer to beat it again. Say what you want about the cutscenes and voice acting, but I still applaud the game for trying. And the soundtracks on both games are great for their own reasons.

Edited by Nyx

Vote for Sunshine, although I too feel it isn't the strongest Mario solo game, if only because I didn't play the Resident Evil series. Maybe just a level with a friend, but I don't remember which game it was.

Not much of a Resident evil player myself, but whilst Sunshine wasn't the strongest title in the world, I at least enjoyed playing it (though there was a few shines that I never acquired).

Sunshine's one of my top Gamecube games; I've also found it to have really high replayability over the years. I'm a huge fan of all its hub worlds and the vacation atmosphere you felt throughout the whole thing.