Which RP you up for?  

2 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which RP you up for?

• Digimon RP
    • Monster Rancher RP
    • Prison Mates (All-all Crossover)
    • Superhero Shindigs

There are beings out there who have persisted since the dawn of time. These beings are referred to by many times - spirits, gods, skin-walkers, and probably one too many names to count.

They are special - in that at some point, they have started to be influenced by us, humanity. They take shapes and forms, and even constantly evolve and degenerate based on such forms. We worshipped them, they relied on our will and emotion to exist.

In this new era where humanity is slowly but surely halting its belief in gods and spirits, these beings have adapted to become extensions of humanity’s new worship - the internet. In this transition, they have become beings that have become equal parts spirit, equal parts digital. This has allowed them to use technology as a conduit to gain access to our world, giving them the new name of Digital Monsters, or Digimon, and the realms they come from being a type of Digital World.

~~~

Meanwhile, on the other side, the three Digital Worlds - Norn, Illiad and Witchelny, are waging battle on each other. Something has caused their greatest champions, including their greatest warriors - the Royal Knights, the Olympos XII and the Vortex Warriors - to fight each other, believing that the crisis afoot had been caused by each other. Their constant crossing into each others' dimensions has caused the rift between realms to be that little bit more unstable. This has made the barrier between their worlds and ours that had previously been maintained for eons to have cracks, making it all the easier for the little Digimon to seep through.

Digimon

Digimon

How does your character go about obtaining these Digimon?

These are Rookie-level Digimon who find themselves in our world and find themselves in need of human emotion to fight off threats. Some of these Digimon are very lost in our world, and others seem to be down with a case of rabies. Digi-rabies. Probably.

Digimon advance from Rookie, to Champion, to Ultimate, to Mega, and in rare cases Ultra. But you already knew that.

Due to being away from human influence for so long, the process of Digivolution, as normalized, is a long cycle equated to growth. Human influenced Digivolution is an accelerated process compared to that, so things associated with growth might be harder to cope with such as personality changes which can manifest as a partner running wild or 'following their natural instinct'. As the natural gap of time between later stages is more apparent in nature (or the Digital World rather), such issues are more present in Ultimates or Megas and may be negligible as Champions beyond some berserking or hyperactiveness. As Ultras are as formed via miracles or anti-miracles as opposed to something like natural growth, the evolution to Ultra does not have these effects.

Much like game continuities and unlike anime continuities, Digimon can stay in their forms without Digivolving if need be. Of course, a brutal attack to them or a powerful that drains their energy a bit much might force them to degenerate to a prior stage, or even to multiple prior stages, or die and revert to an egg.

Digital Worlds

Digital Worlds

There are three realms that can be referred to as the 'Digital World', and a fourth realm that coexists with them. Unlike with most continuities, there is no time dilation - time flows at a relatively similar rate between realms.

Norn

Its inhabitants constantly call it the Digital World, and it is only called that by inhabitants of the other Digital Worlds. It is the Digital World protected by the Royal Knights. Said to be the Digital World with the richest history.

Iliad

A Digital World with a Greco-Roman motif. It is a Digital World protected by the Olympos XII.

Witchelny

A Digital World remniscent of a medieval era of castles, dungeons and magic. Said to be the origin of magic in all Digital Worlds. Its stand-in leaders are the Vortex Warriors.

Cocytus

Every Digital World has a creepy 'Dark Area'. Explore that Dark Area deep enough and you will get here. It is a realm considered deep and evil. Fittingly, it is a domain ruled by the Seven Great Demon Lords.

Digivices

Digivices

In this Roleplay, Digivices come in three different varieties based on a Digimon Partner’s home realm. Norn Digivices are rectangular. Iliad Digivices look like the fronts of Greek Temples. Witchelny Digivices resemble little books. The Cocytus Digivices are creepy and spherical, almost organic even, and resemble eyes with foldable lids, said eye whites and irises easily replaced by a screen.

Digivices have various features, one of these being the ability to traverse throughout the Digital World as long as it has been visited before, and back to the human world of course. However, a Digivice can only transport individuals to areas within its realm of origin.

(I could use some help coming up with designs really)

RULES

RULES

1. The usual stuff - no godmodding, powerplaying or whatnot

2. All forum rules apply.

3. What I say goes, especially if it's a thing that has gotten too hectic.

4. Posting on a regular basis would be most appreciated. If you have a reason to be unable to post, do tell.

5. Currently, I am allowing two characters per roleplayer.

6. A character is usually allowed one Digimon partner, and I might allow said character to get a second down the line. A character is permitted to start with two if the fate of those Digimon are to Jogress at some point, or if you have special plans.

7. Digimon lines can either be "official"/"straightforward"/"template" or they can do any way they want on the big web of evolution based on what Wikimon provides. Heck, I'll give you the OK if some things don't link as long as I feel it kinda works, so don't try to blow your brains out too hard.

8. There is one exception to Rule 7 - and that is if you are intending to have Ancient Spirit/Hybrid-level Digimon as your partner. I.e. Strabimon and Flamon have to use their 'default' lines and uh... no other Ancient Spirit Digimon are allowed aside from those two lines. If the Spirits are found within the Roleplay, they can be used temporarily however, by people or by Digimon. There might be a thing where gathering them is important, so yeah sure you can use them if you can find 'em.

9. Having Royal Knights, Olympos XII & Vortex Warriors as your partner is fine. No Sovereigns though. Also I'll check Demon Lord partners with scrutiny since they're supposed to be limited and/or having a Cocytus Digivice is meant to be a big deal.

10. Have fun!

Application Skeleton - Humans

Application Skeleton - Humans

(Insert Image Here)

Name:

Personality:

History:

Partner Digimon: Well?

Other Information: Stuff that doesn't fit up there?

Application Skeleton - Digimon

Application Skeleton - Digimon

(Insert Image of Rookie form here)

Name: Optional

Realm of Origin: Norn? Iliad? Witchelny? This decides the linked Digivice's nature.

Digivice Colour: Well?

Human Partner: Well?

Digivolution Line: Baby I & Baby II are optional. Rookie to Mega must be filled. Ultra is optional.

History: Optional, unless you were part of those big deal groups and degenerated to this form.

Other Information:

Edited by Crow

From the looks of things Digimon's taking the lead.

If it does - I wonder if the wee bit of background of Digimon being spiritual beings before officially becoming "Digital Monsters" is something the cast should influence or aid in the transition of, or if the transition has already/is in the constant state of happening, and the cast ends up getting curious about the link between mysterious avatar lifeforms on the internet and ancient artifacts and doodles portraying worshipped beings.

The former would make things a bit less "Digital", since they're not Digital Monsters yet, while the latter would be a decent mix of "Digital" and spiritual stuff.

Edited by Crow

I honestly never played Survive so I know nothing about Digimon being spiritual. Can’t hurt to learn though.

Well, there's no two ways about it.

I made this post to inform anyone interested that I will be retreating. So that I can make a proper opening post. And plan a proper plot.

5 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Would You Care to give me a quick and brief explanation of what RP/RolePlay is cause I've never done it before. 

It's in the name. You craft or acquire a role in a story and you play it out.

I guess in this context and the context of other sites with roleplaying sections, you start with an OoC like this one. Sometimes the signups are in a seperate thread, but here, they're... well... here. You get the application and fill it out accordingly. Afterwards the GM judges to see if your character is to be accepted

That is how you craft and acquire your role.

When the In-Character Thread is posted, you're free to post there. Write it in like how you write any story, except, of course, you're limited to how your characters speak and interact with others. Best to have a good paragraph so that others have something to work with.

Based on how you specifically asked this on a Digimon roleplay, I assume there's a certain Digimon partner you want your character to have?

21 minutes ago, Crow said:

It's in the name. You craft or acquire a role in a story and you play it out.

I guess in this context and the context of other sites with roleplaying sections, you start with an OoC like this one. Sometimes the signups are in a seperate thread, but here, they're... well... here. You get the application and fill it out accordingly. Afterwards the GM judges to see if your character is to be accepted

That is how you craft and acquire your role.

When the In-Character Thread is posted, you're free to post there. Write it in like how you write any story, except, of course, you're limited to how your characters speak and interact with others. Best to have a good paragraph so that others have something to work with.

Based on how you specifically asked this on a Digimon roleplay, I assume there's a certain Digimon partner you want your character to have?

Thanks for explaining to me that helped me out so I pretened to be Graymon if I choose Graymon is that correct?

I'm I allowed to choose Graymon?

11 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Thanks for explaining to me that helped me out so I pretened to be Graymon if I choose Graymon is that correct?

I'm I allowed to choose Graymon?

Uh... in the context of this RP, you play Greymon and Greymon's human partner. Of course, all player character Digimon partners start at Rookie, so you'll have to be something else before Greymon naturally.

Curious to see what your complete line would be.

2 hours ago, Wind Rider said:

Is any Rookie from across the series ok? I was thinking of going with Commandramon.

Sure, go ahead and whip out that infantry dinosaur man.

Reluctant Tamer:

Spoiler

1857711_eYFSZPdB.png

Name: Alexander Grayson

Personality

Spoiler

Alexander is timid, and shy by nature.  He's quick to scare, but quicker to laugh.  He's a bit more reserved, and in his own head, rather than outgoing.  He would rather be approached first in any given interaction.  

History:

Spoiler

Alexander is by all means your average American Teenager.  He was the first born in a family of four, his parents separating shortly after his last sibling was born.  He did his best to get by in school, to make his parents happy.  He wasn't supremely intelligent by any means, but he wasn't a slouch either.  He studied very hard when something didn't come to him naturally.  In high-school, he was the definition of a wallflower.  He never went out of his way to meet new people, but he wasn't opposed to being friendly either.  He had a few very close friends that he held dear.  After school, his computer beckoned to him.  The internet was his favorite place to escape his mundane life, usually going online to play games with friends, or interact on forums of his favorite interests.  

One day, for no reason, he came to his computer at the end of a school day, as normal as any other.  But sitting in his chair, with a strange device in his hand, was a turtle wearing a helmet.  

Partner Digimon: Argo

Other Information: N/A

Steadfast Partner: 

Spoiler

Name: Argo

Realm of Origin: Iliad 

Digivice Color: Blue

Human Partner: Alexander

Digivolution Line

Spoiler

Pichimon          Bukamon             Kamemon                   Seadramon                 MarineKimeramon              Regalecusmon

PqPwz6I.png ---> Qfc5Hsj.png---->Kamemon_vpet_xloader.png---> 120px-Seadramon_vpet_vb.png---> 120px-Marinchimairamon_vpet_vb.png ---> 120px-Regalecusmon_vpet_vb.png 

2 hours ago, Wind Rider said:

You gonna make a discord for this at all?

I am considering it.

What do others say to a 'cord?

4 minutes ago, Crow said:

I am considering it.

What do others say to a 'cord?

I'm down

Posted (edited)

Guess that's a sign for me to set it up.

And review the available application when I finally get my butte on a computer.

Speaking of characters, I have a Digimon line set up (Shoemon -> ShoeShoemon -> Chaperomon -> Cendrillmon), but I do not know what my Tamer should be, so I thought I'd ask the others here for a bit of input.

GIaH6WKXQAAwYCw.jpg:large

Should my Tamer be:

a. A creepy little girl who likes fairy tales
b. A boy who eventually learns to metaphorically become a noble prince for his partner's Mega stage (since that's what Cendrillmon's database entry revolves around)
c. Basically b but girl for that princely ikemen girl tomboy feel

Edited by Crow

2 minutes ago, Crow said:

Should he or she be:

b. A boy who eventually learns to metaphorically become a noble prince for his partner's Mega stage

I Think I like A the most out of them all.  B has weird connotations and C I like more if we need female reps

4 hours ago, Crow said:

b. A boy who eventually learns to metaphorically become a noble prince for his partner's Mega stage (since that's what Cendrillmon's database entry revolves around)

“A” sounds good to me too. Also, I saw a meme on your digimon literally just the other day. A shoe that turns into little red riding hood with a molotov xD. Only in digimon folks lol.

3 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Now I'm wondering I'll let you guys choose my Digimon for me I wanna see what you guys pick for me.

Before that, what's the extent of your Digimon knowledge? Do you want to stick to Greymon as initially said or would you go for a different Champion?

13 hours ago, Mr. Hyde said:

Reluctant Tamer:

Hide contents

1857711_eYFSZPdB.png

Name: Alexander Grayson

Personality

Hide contents

Alexander is timid, and shy by nature.  He's quick to scare, but quicker to laugh.  He's a bit more reserved, and in his own head, rather than outgoing.  He would rather be approached first in any given interaction.  

History:

Hide contents

Alexander is by all means your average American Teenager.  He was the first born in a family of four, his parents separating shortly after his last sibling was born.  He did his best to get by in school, to make his parents happy.  He wasn't supremely intelligent by any means, but he wasn't a slouch either.  He studied very hard when something didn't come to him naturally.  In high-school, he was the definition of a wallflower.  He never went out of his way to meet new people, but he wasn't opposed to being friendly either.  He had a few very close friends that he held dear.  After school, his computer beckoned to him.  The internet was his favorite place to escape his mundane life, usually going online to play games with friends, or interact on forums of his favorite interests.  

One day, for no reason, he came to his computer at the end of a school day, as normal as any other.  But sitting in his chair, with a strange device in his hand, was a turtle wearing a helmet.  

Partner Digimon: Argo

Other Information: N/A

Steadfast Partner: 

Hide contents

Name: Argo

Realm of Origin: Iliad 

Digivice Color: Blue

Human Partner: Alexander

Digivolution Line

Reveal hidden contents

Good to accept.

That does make me realize that I forgot something in hindsight, between our characters living in the same town or our characters living anyplace but having the means to access each others' areas (alongside the rest of the world) conveniently.

I’m torn right now and I need your opinions. I can’t decide between Brigadramon and Darkdramon for my digimon’s mega. On one hand, I like Brigadramon’s design more despite it being essentially Wargreymon/Assault Mode. But Darkdramon is also cool and has the potential to become an ultra. What do y’all think?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Wind Rider said:

I’m torn right now and I need your opinions. I can’t decide between Brigadramon and Darkdramon for my digimon’s mega. On one hand, I like Brigadramon’s design more despite it being essentially Wargreymon/Assault Mode. But Darkdramon is also cool and has the potential to become an ultra. What do y’all think?

Assuming you're using default lines, the Cargodramon that will eventually become Brigadramon would make for good transport. Granted, if I were to go that route I'd likely think of more permanent transport means.

On the other hand, with Darkdramon and its Ultra it achieves via merging with its greatest foe, there is a story to be told via that, and I'd like to tell and see that story.

Edited by Crow

20 hours ago, Crow said:

Before that, what's the extent of your Digimon knowledge? Do you want to stick to Greymon as initially said or would you go for a different Champion?

Good to accept.

That does make me realize that I forgot something in hindsight, between our characters living in the same town or our characters living anyplace but having the means to access each others' areas (alongside the rest of the world) conveniently.

I haven't watched Digimon in years so my knowledge is rusty its been almost a decade since I last watched it.

44 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

I haven't watched Digimon in years so my knowledge is rusty its been almost a decade since I last watched it.

A decade? I guess that means your last series was either Xros Wars or Savers, is that right?