Messoras

Millennium Sky Prevei

Ndt4Fc5.png

Millennium Sky Prevei

Type: Thunder/Synchro/Effect
Level: 9 ATK: 2200 DEF: 2000

Monster Effect:
1 Tuner + 1 or more Thunder non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn, if a monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field: You can change it to face-down Defense Position.
If this card is banished: You can target 1 Field Spell Card in your GY; activate it. 

I am currently working on a new Archetype called "Millennium Sky". There's alot of work going on in terms of artworks and coding for YgoPro.
The cards are built around moving opponents into Defense Position and then Piercing through them.

I wanted to point out this card because of it's unique lockdown method and would like to have some feedback on it's balancing regarding Master Rule 4.

Greets,

Messoras

Edited by Messoras

As it stands by itself...

It is manageable to Summon as a semi-generic since the Tuner requirement is lenient... So stuff like Batteryman, Watts, and Hunders could splash this into their Deck with some easy access Tuner support like "Unexpect Dai" to get out Genex Controller, or "Emergency Teleport" to get out Ghost Ogre. Not saying it is a piece of cake to get out for these archs, but the option is there.

As for its effects... The flip face-down effect is quite oppressive as a first turn Summon as it is not even a once per turn effect meaning you can stop as many Special Summons as you want making even likes of Link Monsters (which are innately unaffected by Position changing effects) irrelevant since they need their material face-up... But, if you were to go second... The effect is more likely to be less effective. Despite that, it's oppressiveness kind of outweighs that, and I would much rather see it as once per turn effect. The Field Spell effect is... Okay. No idea what you have in mind with it since I've yet to see your archetype pieced together.

Yeah as far as MR4 balance goes... I'd say make the stun effect an optional once per turn, that way while you can stop a play of your opponent's they still have the potential to make plays.

Also,

PSCT fix without my suggestion:

"When a monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the  field: Change them to face-down Defense Position. When this card is removed from play banished: You can target 1 Field Spell Card in your Graveyard GY; place it face-up in your Field Card Zone. "

PSCT fix with my suggestion:

"Once per turn, if a monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent's field: You can change them to face-down Defense Position. When this card is banished: You can target 1 Field Spell in your GY; place it face-up in your Field Card Zone. "

Lastly, when you are going to piece up your archetype there is one thing to consider: How is your archetype going to deal with Link Monsters? As I mentioned before, Link Monsters are unaffected by Position changing effects since they can only be in Attack Position... This makes Position changing effects almost obsolete if the Link Monsters are already present on the field, and as it stands Link monsters are pretty predominate as they are not only the most current mechanic, but are easily accessible.

Edited by BGMキャノン

EARTH/Thunder is a rather underused typings. I like to see cards with such typings.
Got to agree with the above: on one hand, the card is really oppressive if you drop it when going first, and with Thunder Dragons and the high Levels of their Fusions and Dragonduo, setting up a Level 10 Synchro Summon shouldn't be too difficult (although the written text says it's Level 7?, and the reward is an Evilswarm Nightmare with unlimited uses; on the other hand, with such stats and no active removal whatsoever, it won't help with removing threats already on board, but in such cases you can just resort to a different Extra Deck option. The second effect seems situational so it's more of a bonus or "icing on cake" effect. I assume it's related to the archetype, otherwise I seems off-theme.
I suggest at least a "twice per turn" restriction on the first effect, although if you prefer to keep it fair, an "Once per turn" clause would be the safest option.

Text fix on the 2nd effect:
When this card is banished: You can target 1 Field Spell Card in your GY; activate it from the GY.

Note that the "when...; You can..." PSCT misses timing. If you don't want it to, simply replace the "When" with an "If".

I'm not really too familiar with what Thunder type decks are in the meta these days (I don't get out to see the meta much xd) but the effect looks useful. You can prevent your opponent from summoning unless they can use face-down monsters as materials.

Also since you mentioned coding your archetype for YGO pro would you like to join YGOCC? Its a discord server for people who code custom cards for YGO pro and duel with them. We have our own custom card dueling server so managing updates is easy. I talked it over with the owner and he said I could invite you. https://discord.gg/Hxd5kdS