Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Banking Jar

Banking Jar

DARK
✪✪✪ (Level 3)

[Rock/Flip/Effect]
ATK/ 300 DEF/ 500

FLIP: Toss a coin 4 times, and apply these effects based on the results.

*For each Heads: Draw 1 card.       
*For each Tails: Your opponent draws 1 card.

In Relation To:

Edited by BGMキャノン

So a Jar monster that also works as a bigger Cup of Ace?

I don't know about this one. There are cards that help manipulate your coin tosses, but you usually wouldn't want to make space in your Deck for these cards just for the opportunity to improve your chances on this card's results. And having to Set it is a little slow. It's a potentially big boon, but I think the caveats I mentioned balance things out. Cards based much more on chance aren't used as much. Desperado Barrel Dragon sees play in Duel Links, but not really in the main card game. I think this card's okay, but I think the number of cards could be reduced to 4.

18 minutes ago, Nyx said:

So a Jar monster that also works as a bigger Cup of Ace?

I don't know about this one. There are cards that help manipulate your coin tosses, but you usually wouldn't want to make space in your Deck for these cards just for the opportunity to improve your chances on this card's results. And having to Set it is a little slow. It's a potentially big boon, but I think the caveats I mentioned balance things out. Cards based much more on chance aren't used as much. Desperado Barrel Dragon sees play in Duel Links, but not really in the main card game. I think this card's okay, but I think the number of cards could be reduced to 4.

Yeah I am under the impression that gambit cards should be ridiculous. XD I think the big reason why they aren't used now is because the power of the best results of most of them have been powercrept to death making it less and less worth it to even bother using them.... In some cases, like Lucky Punch the odds are so low on getting the best result anyways. But, yeah I'll consider the possibility of dropping the coin tosses to 4.

Hmmm... Question on the Duel Links thing since I am not very familiar with its environment...Do people use Desperado because there is a "skill" that modifies or improves chances of getting the result you want? I thought I glanced at something along those lines.

Edited by BGMキャノン

1 minute ago, BGMキャノン said:

Yeah I am under the impression that gambit cards should be ridiculous. XD I think the big reason why they aren't used now is because the power of the best results of most of them have been powercrept to death making it less and less worth it to even bother using them. But, yeah I'll consider the possibility of dropping the coin tosses to 4.

Hmmm... Question on the Duel Links thing since I am not very familiar with its environment...Do people use Desperado because there is a "skill" that modifies or improves chances of getting the result you want?

I'd have to agree with you. There's very few gambling cards you'd want to use in the real life game. So yielding higher rewards for extra chance or high risk is in order.

Yes. Sartorius has one that lets your first 3 coin Tosses be Heads. So it's a free draw 2 with Cup of Aces.

Name of Skill: Master of Destiny

When you toss a coin, the result will always be heads for the first 3 coin tosses. This Skill will only activate if you begin the Duel with a Deck that has 5 or more cards with different names that require coin tosses.

Why the hard OPT? Witch such extreme effect and fsctoring that it's a Flip monster, you may as well go all out and let players attempt to set up multiple activations in the same turn xD
Not a fan of extreme cards like this but I understand that it's intended to be this way. Either you dedicate your deck to manipulate the coin tosses in which case you deserve the draw pluses IMO, or just take your chances. I'm guessing it's DARK/Rock to deny it from getting too much support? Because EARTH/Rock would be more convenient, although as a DARK it gets decent support here and there.

4 hours ago, Darj said:

Why the hard OPT? Witch such extreme effect and fsctoring that it's a Flip monster, you may as well go all out and let players attempt to set up multiple activations in the same turn xD
Not a fan of extreme cards like this but I understand that it's intended to be this way. Either you dedicate your deck to manipulate the coin tosses in which case you deserve the draw pluses IMO, or just take your chances. I'm guessing it's DARK/Rock to deny it from getting too much support? Because EARTH/Rock would be more convenient, although as a DARK it gets decent support here and there.

It more has to do with Empty Jar Decks being a thing since they run all those Book of Eclipses, Book of Moon, and Book of Tayous, and keep regaining resources from their Jars... But, then I realize Empty Jar isn't really played that much anymore (Probably because regular Morphing Jar is at 1 in both TCG and OCG). Just being cautious to a fault. XD I guess I can drop the HOPT. DARK/Rock is more for flavor that I can't show without the image... But, I am working on this one after my long digital art hiatus. So you may see why soon.

Edited by BGMキャノン