Kurumi Ebisuzawa

Rescuing Larry the Cucumber

Recently, Larry was given the... "Necro-nomi-con?" Whatever it is, anything starting with "necro" can't be good news. And given his... "episode"... earlier, it seems like this book is definitely pretty bad. So, we're going to save him by finding him and his book, and smashing that book up real good. I don't even know for sure if he can be helped, but I can't just sit around doing nothing while someone's suffering like that! So if you want to help, then follow me.

unknown.png

Finding a specific cucumber isn't easy. I have no idea where Larry could be, but I did find a scrap of paper on the ground somewhere. I can't make any sense of it, but maybe you can? Here's what it says:

Scdq, scel, dq cmw ymu qcmujh npfy:
Mup Rfscep dl cefvel,
cfjjmweh ae ymup lfke,
ymup idlbhmk tmke,
ymup wdjj ae hmle,
ml efpsc fq ds dq dl cefvel.
Bdve uq smhfy mup hfdjy apefh.
Flh rmpbdve uq mup heasq,
fq we fjqm cfve rmpbdvel mup heasmpq.
Flh jefh uq lms dlsm seknsfsdml,
aus hejdvep uq rpmk sce evdj mle.

Maybe it's related in some way? While the rest of you work on what this might mean, I'm going to keep looking around for anything fishy that might be related to that book. He can't be that far if I found this weird piece of paper, right?

Just gonna put this out there, Kurumi. I've seen the Evil Dead where the Necronomicon is from annnnnnd let's just say, the cucumber is in a real pickle. So much so that I'll even throw this out there: do we really want him to come back after reading that? My thoughts on it, good riddance to talking vegetables, let the dark powers of evil take him.

I͖͚̯̰̘t'͕͎s̖͉̟̭̘ ̙̻̤͍ͅr̰eḁ̣͓̯̝͈̟l̺̜ͅͅl̻͉y͙ ͖͇n̥͇̣o̦͖̰̪̤̞̜ț ̻͓̙s̫̤̖̰̦ͅͅo̺̞͖ ̼̱̣͓͎̳ͅb̯̬͚̲̙͈a̼̰̹d̝ ̮̝͙̜o͉̞̠̩n̳̖̦͖͎ͅce̤̮̰̼̠̙͔ ̞͖̜̜̘͕yo͉͇͖̜͖u ͎͕̗̹̠g̳͔͍e̗͍͈̫̺t͎͕͈̼ u̮s͙̠̳e̩̲̬͈̻̝d͇̱̭͔̖͕ ͎͈t͙̱̥͇̙̠͙o̝͉̲̪̟ͅ i̯̯̜t̞̦͖!̹̫̯̗͉̗̰ ̹S̙̪̰o͉̲͚̘̻m̹̲ͅe͉͚͔͎͈t̲̭̯̜͚i̻̩͕̤̳̝m̜̫̣e͔̤̼͈̭̯͍s͔̬̜̞̪ ̯̠͙̼͔it ̳̪̫e̟̮̠̤͈v̠̫͙̗͖̰͓en̞͔̖̺̰͎ l̯̙͖̟͔͉̲et͕̞̳͚̰̻ͅs ̗̞͚̤̻̟m̫̼̙e̹͓̪̰ ̖͖̹͔t̼͈̮̮̦h͓͖͉̣͇̳i̙̰̲̟n͈͔͖̙̟̙̼k͍ ͖͖͍f̩̠͕̥̖ͅor͇̝͚̥̺͚̲ ̺̯̙m͎̜͖̻̪̝y̩̦͓͖͉se̳̞̲͔l͈͓̪̱̫̞f̳̱̞̞̙̗̞!̩͙̺̳̪̺

21 minutes ago, Larry The Cucumber said:

I͖͚̯̰̘t'͕͎s̖͉̟̭̘ ̙̻̤͍ͅr̰eḁ̣͓̯̝͈̟l̺̜ͅͅl̻͉y͙ ͖͇n̥͇̣o̦͖̰̪̤̞̜ț ̻͓̙s̫̤̖̰̦ͅͅo̺̞͖ ̼̱̣͓͎̳ͅb̯̬͚̲̙͈a̼̰̹d̝ ̮̝͙̜o͉̞̠̩n̳̖̦͖͎ͅce̤̮̰̼̠̙͔ ̞͖̜̜̘͕yo͉͇͖̜͖u ͎͕̗̹̠g̳͔͍e̗͍͈̫̺t͎͕͈̼ u̮s͙̠̳e̩̲̬͈̻̝d͇̱̭͔̖͕ ͎͈t͙̱̥͇̙̠͙o̝͉̲̪̟ͅ i̯̯̜t̞̦͖!̹̫̯̗͉̗̰ ̹S̙̪̰o͉̲͚̘̻m̹̲ͅe͉͚͔͎͈t̲̭̯̜͚i̻̩͕̤̳̝m̜̫̣e͔̤̼͈̭̯͍s͔̬̜̞̪ ̯̠͙̼͔it ̳̪̫e̟̮̠̤͈v̠̫͙̗͖̰͓en̞͔̖̺̰͎ l̯̙͖̟͔͉̲et͕̞̳͚̰̻ͅs ̗̞͚̤̻̟m̫̼̙e̹͓̪̰ ̖͖̹͔t̼͈̮̮̦h͓͖͉̣͇̳i̙̰̲̟n͈͔͖̙̟̙̼k͍ ͖͖͍f̩̠͕̥̖ͅor͇̝͚̥̺͚̲ ̺̯̙m͎̜͖̻̪̝y̩̦͓͖͉se̳̞̲͔l͈͓̪̱̫̞f̳̱̞̞̙̗̞!̩͙̺̳̪̺

(U=U, F=A)

See? Quit worrying and just let things take it's course, my dear.

According to Larry's last comment, F=A and U=U

According to one of his other comments, E=E and P=R

So,

Scdq, scel, dq cmw ymu qcmujh nray:
Mur Rascer dl ceavel,
cajjmweh ae ymur lake,
ymur idlbhmk tmke,
ymur wdjj ae hmle,
ml earsc aq ds dq dl ceavel.
Bdve uq smhay mur hadjy arefh.
alh rmrbdve uq mur heasq,
aq we ajqm cave rmrbdvel mur heasmrq.
alh jeah uq lms dlsm seknsasdml,
aus hejdver uq rrmk sce evdj mle.

(Bold letters have been translated. The rest is basically a cryptogram.)

From what's available here, I'm guessing that Y=Y and M=O, making "ymup" mean "your"

Edited by Mr Spaz

1 minute ago, Mr Spaz said:

According to Larry's last comment, F=A and U=U

So,

Scdq, scel, dq cmw ymu qcmujh npay:
Mup Rascep dl cefvel,
cajjmweh ae ymup lake,
ymup idlbhmk tmke,
ymup wdjj ae hmle,
ml eapsc aq ds dq dl ceavel.
Bdve uq smhay mup hadjy apefh.
alh rmpbdve uq mup heasq,
aq we ajqm cave rmpbdvel mup heasmpq.
alh jeah uq lms dlsm seknsasdml,
aus hejdvep uq rpmk sce evdj mle.

(Bold letters have been translated. The rest is basically a cryptogram.

...are we quite sure that the F=A and U=U things weren't some new fangled smiley... wait, emoji, that's the word you kids use these days!

19 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

...are we quite sure that the F=A and U=U things weren't some new fangled smiley... wait, emoji, that's the word you kids use these days!

It doesn't have that messed-up text like everything else does, so it's probably a clue for the weird passage I posted.

More or less done with the translation, typing out my entire thought process would've been too time consuming.

"This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.'"

Edited by Mr Spaz

1 minute ago, Mr Spaz said:

More or less done with the translation.

"Pray then like this: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.'"

Isn't that some important prayer? That makes sense, actually! Not sure why it's all jumbled up like that, but in the meantime, I've got even more good news.

unknown.png
(note: the zombie in the background does not count for the zombie hunt)

I found the building Larry's in. I'm still not sure where exactly he is, but the swarms of zombies outside tipped me off. They're a lot uglier than what I'm used to, but it seems like one good whack from this shovel is all it takes to keep them down for good. And guess what else I found in here?

“Dl swsy! West al ylu wskt wfte ur, Gbrur lc Kszsqbte? Esvb ylu nljb tl abrtqly ur? F hklw wel ylu sqb—teb Eliy Lkb lc Dla!”
“Ob pufbt!” Gbrur rsfa rtbqkiy. “Nljb lut lc efj!” Tebk teb abjlk teqbw teb jsk alwk obclqb tebj sii ska nsjb lut wftelut fkguqfkd efj.

Another weird note! Leave the combat side to me; whatever this Necronomicon's been coughing up feels like easy mode after what I've been dealing with. You guys keep figuring these things out, and maybe we'll get some sort of hint from them.

3 minutes ago, Mr Spaz said:

More or less done with the translation, typing out my entire thought process would've been too time consuming.

"Pray then like this: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.'"

Image result for throw papers in the air gif

17 minutes ago, Kurumi Ebisuzawa said:

“Dl swsy! West al ylu wskt wfte ur, Gbrur lc Kszsqbte? Esvb ylu nljb tl abrtqly ur? F hklw wel ylu sqb—teb Eliy Lkb lc Dla!”
“Ob pufbt!” Gbrur rsfa rtbqkiy. “Nljb lut lc efj!” Tebk teb abjlk teqbw teb jsk alwk obclqb tebj sii ska nsjb lut wftelut fkguqfkd efj.

Okay, I think I've got it. I have nothing better to do, and I just like cryptograms.
I was raised Catholic, so I recognized it as a Bible verse early on into translating it, so I just needed to spend a little time looking for the verse.

"Go away! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—The Holy One of God!" 
"Be quiet!" Jesus said sternly. "Come out of him!" Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him.

...I probably should let someone else try this.

2 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Just gonna put this out there, Kurumi. I've seen the Evil Dead where the Necronomicon is from annnnnnd let's just say, the cucumber is in a real pickle. So much so that I'll even throw this out there: do we really want him to come back after reading that? My thoughts on it, good riddance to talking vegetables, let the dark powers of evil take him.

Hehe, this cucumber's in a pickle! I like that!

(...good riddance indeed, though, we might as well just leave him as he is, but fuck if I care either way.)

34 minutes ago, Mr Spaz said:

Okay, I think I've got it. I have nothing better to do, and I just like cryptograms.
I was raised Catholic, so I recognized it as a Bible verse early on into translating it, so I just needed to spend a little time looking for the verse.

"Go away! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—The Holy One of God!" 
"Be quiet!" Jesus said sternly. "Come out of him!" Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him.

...I probably should let someone else try this.

Maybe, but at the same time we've only got so much time to save Larry. There's gotta be more to it than just some jumbled-up bible verses though. And speaking of Larry...

unknown.png

I'm still not sure where he is, but I think I found the book! All these zombies keep coming out of the same room, so it's gotta be in there, right? I also found one more note taped to the door.

Suse nrfqir T vhcb
nrkfqir nrs yhkbsmn uhccsx,
T vtcc pshk ef sutc,
pfk xfq hks vtnr ds;
xfqk kfy hey xfqk mnhpp,
nrsx lfdpfkn ds.

While the rest of you decipher this and maybe see if there's more to these notes than just some jumbled letters, I'll go secure and destroy the Necronomicon!

18 minutes ago, Kurumi Ebisuzawa said:

Suse nrfqir T vhcb
nrkfqir nrs yhkbsmn uhccsx,
T vtcc pshk ef sutc,
pfk xfq hks vtnr ds;
xfqk kfy hey xfqk mnhpp,
nrsx lfdpfkn ds.

"even though i walk
through the darkest valley
i will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me."

Just now, Thar said:

"even though i walk
through the darkest valley
i will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me."

Good job! Now then...

unknown.png

I've found the Necronomicon! Weird... even after seeing what it did to Larry, I don't feel anything off when I hold it. If anything, I feel even better than usual when it's in my hand. This thing can't stay in this world. Let's smash it up!

...huh? Every time I try to hit it with my shovel, it just... bounces off. Like there's some kind of forcefield or something. I don't see any other notes around, either! Come on... I didn't come all the way over here just to fail at the last second! There has to be something else about those notes! Some sort of password or something? We're on the home stretch now, so let's all put our heads together and think about this. I got the Necronomicon to stop coughing up monsters, so nobody's in any physical danger anymore at least.

You should pass that thing to me - I'll hold onto it for safe keeping!

Who knows what that crazy things can do to you!

I'm pretty sure that shit won't do anything to me.

I found it interesting that the code changed with each sheet. This may or may not be useful

Code Letter: Corresponding letter on Sheet 1|Sheet 2|Sheet 3 (ø means there wasn't a letter assigned in that sheet)

Spoiler

A: B|E|ø

B: G|E|K

C: H|F|L

D; I|G|M

E: E|H|N

F: A|I|O

G: ø|J|ø

H: D|K|A

I: K|L|C

J: L|M|ø

K: M|N|R 

L: N|O|C

M: O|ø|S

N: P|C|T

O: ø|B|ø

P: R|Q|F

Q: S|R|U

R: F|S|R

S: T|A|E

T: C|T|I

U: U|U|V

V: V|V|W

W: W|W|ø

X: ø|ø|Y

Y: Y|Y|D

Z: ø|Z|ø

Next, I have a translation of his recent "possessed" post. This may or may not also be of use.

Spoiler

Lo! here is he, whom in childhood I dedicated to my altars.

This is he that once I made my darling.

Him I led astray, him I beguiled, and from heaven I stole away his young heart to mine.

Through me did he become idolatrous; and through me it was, by languishing desires, that he worshipped the worm, and prayed to the wormy grave. Holy was the grave to him; lovely was its darkness; saintly its corruption.

Him, this young idolater, I have seasoned for thee.

See that thy sceptre lie heavy on his head. Suffer not woman and her tenderness to sit near him in his darkness. Banish the frailties of hope, wither the relenting of love, scorch the fountain of tears.

CURSE HIM AS ONLY THOU CANST CURSE

So shall he be accomplished in the furnace, so shall he see the things that ought not to be seen, sights that are abominable, and secrets that are
So shall he read elder truths, sad truths, grand truths, fearful truths. So shall he rise again before he dies, and so shall our commission be accomplished which from God

to plague his heart until we had unfolded the capacities of his spirit.

I have found that this is from the last paragraph of Levana, by Thomas de Quincey. That's as far as I've gotten.

Edited by Mr Spaz

3 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

I found it interesting that the code changed with each sheet. This may or may not be useful

Code Letter: Corresponding letter on Sheet 1|Sheet 2|Sheet 3 (ø means there wasn't a letter assigned in that sheet)

Reveal hidden contents

Next, I have a translation of his recent "possessed" post. This may or may not also be of use.

Reveal hidden contents

I have found that this is from the last paragraph of Levana, by Thomas de Quincey. That's as far as I've gotten.

The post probably isn't related. Larry's hints in this thread used no zalgo text, which the post had. More interesting than the ciphers themselves is that each one is coded differently. A is substituted for F, S, and H respectively in each, for instance. It would be just fine to use the same code for each one I think, so there has to be a reason each one has a different set of letters. Maybe investigating that a bit more would be better? I'm not good at puzzles, but I figured this might be some helpful input.

15 minutes ago, Thar said:

F A T H E R

S O N

H O L Y S P I R I T

That's it! The book is evil so of course something like that would be the key! Let's see, I'm pretty sure it went... "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen!" And now...

unknown.png

Looks like I was able to stick the business end of my shovel through the Necronomicon this time. I'll be tearing it up a bit more just to be on the safe side, but for now, I appreciate everyone's help on getting this far. I'm sure Larry will be thankful too.

...guh...

Is it over? I'm alive?

I'm alive!

Oh, Kurumi, Thar, Mr Spaz, everyone else who saw what had happened, thank you so, so much for your help. I can't even explain what it was like with the whispers of that... that thing in my head.

When I close my eyes, I can still hear them. In the back of my head. It'll haunt my nightmares forever, I think.

But it's okay! I can open my eyes and feel the glory of God's love. That, and the memories of all your hard work, that'll keep me safe.

First thing's first, I need to lie down for a bit. I feel like I've been hit in the head with a shovel or something.

(also sorry about your book, LordCowCow)