Sign in to follow this  
Doggo

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Vernal Ventures [OOC/CLOSED]

gLDSn0E.png

Well folks, here we are on NCM now. But though our base of operations may have changed the Adventure at hand hasn't! Come brave adventures and resume your journey. The Pokemon world depends on it!

Premise:

Spoiler

You used to be human you know. At least, your mind keeps telling you that. Yet if you look at your reflection now it clearly disagrees. You're a Pokemon. But in your mind, beside your name and the idea that you used to be human, there's something else. One more memory that, however vague or clear it is in your mind, has a real impact on you. Whatever it is, it feels to capture the essence of your soul. It's almost like it's your proof. Proof that you you're actually human. Proof you're not crazy. Thankfully, you're anything but alone.

There have long been tales and legends of young Pokemon appearing out of the blue, who claimed to be human. But in the last few years the Pokemon world has seen this phenomena in far greater numbers. There are now dozens of Pokemon running around, claiming the same as you. They were human, they have a name, and that something else. These something else's have come to be known as Core Memories. Reactions of course are mixed among the other Pokemon. Some believe those who make these claims. Others are more skeptic, wondering if perhaps this isn't some strange mental illness sweeping the world. And still many others simply don't care. Whatever you were means a lot less than what and who you are now.

Still, the world is something of a dangerous place whoever you are. There are many beautiful places to explore and discover and treasure to find. To more safely experience the world around them, many Pokemon band together and form exploration teams and guilds to train aspiring explorers. Many a human-turned-pokemon has sought out a guild to join feeling that if there are clues to their situation out there, they'll have to go and find them. These days, one of the most well known guilds around is the Helio Guild set in the gorgeous Thicket Town. Known for it's beautiful weather in a forest clearing, Thicket Town has long attracted Pokemon from all over to come and see if they could enter the guild. It's certainly difficult but well worth the effort as any Pokemon who gets in will tell you.

More recently however, things have become somewhat more complicated. Nature itself seems to have been shaken. Local climates have violently and abruptly shifted, spreading chaos about the world. Deserts find themselves buried in snow, plains have become perpetually overcast and many other such things have happened. Pokemon have shifted about trying to find homes more suitable to them. And in the middle of it all, crime rates have gone way up. The need for rescues and brave explorers have never been greater as the Pokemon try to cope. On the whisper of rumors are the ideas of magical objects that stabilize the climates. The Season Souls. There was little to confirm their existence but the word was enough. Pokemon the world over are exploring and looking for them. And maybe, just maybe, the answer to why all these humans ended up here lies in them as well.

But then, that brings us back to you doesn't it? Where do you fit into all of this? You know, the Helio Guild has been very vocal about helping your cause. That is to say, they want to find out what's causing all of these humans to come to this world as Pokemon. They're not exactly alone in the effort but few guilds have comparable resources to offer. If you want to find something out, that'd be your best bet. Getting in is gonna be tough of course. So many Pokemon try that they now have a biannual recruitment festival with seldom more than six or seven Pokemon making it in at a time. That should be going on soon you know. Ask anyone in Thicket Town, they'll tell you all about it. It's the most fun thing that happens. Especially now that the skies over the Thicket Forest have become perpetually overcast.

Something is stirring in the world. An odd energy seems to fill the air at times. Who or what is causing all this? Maybe you'll be the brave explorer to answer the world's most pressing questions. So, are you in?

RP Rules:

Spoiler

-All NCM Site and RP section rules apply. You know 'em. You love 'em. Please live 'em.

-I as your benevolent, tyrannical host have final say on all matters and disputes. In my infinite kindness I will more than likely talk out anything you want to so long as you remain calm and courteous throughout.

-In line with successful precedents thus far established, I intend to post in the IC thread at least once weekly and thus expect the same of you. This is to accommodate busy schedules but also ensure things keep moving. If we ever find the whole of the cast posted up and ready to move sooner than a week I can of course post more. Basically we go as fast as you guys want (within reason) but no slower than everyone once a week.

-On the note of posting schedules, I reserve the right to control/do horrible things to your characters in the event you go an extended period of time without posting and without prior notice and that your character's actions/response are necessary to a situation or they were in a dangerous situation when last you posted. I get that stuff gets crazy at times so just give me a heads up however you choose. Whether that be the discord server, here in the OOC, NCM Message or whatever we have now.

-I haven't exactly determined if I want to limit acceptance or to what number if I do. But know I don't want a crazy number of players as things get unmanageable quickly.

[The original cast quickly shot up to 9 participants other than myself and has since dropped to 6. I may therefore, be willing to accept 1 additional app at this time.]

-Rated PG-16 if ya didn't see the tag in the title. Things might get violent, probably some colorful language, npcs will probably die, your characters could die if you're blatantly stupid with them consistently or just want me to kill them for some reason. So yeah, by no means a dark and edgy RP but we're leaving the room open there. Nothing too explicit of the violent or sexual nature either. Typical RP stuff really.

App Skeleton:

Spoiler

Name:
Appearance:

Personality:
Pokemon Biography:
Human Biography:
Core Memory:

Moves:
Z-Move:
Ability:

App Guidelines:

Spoiler

-You might notice I didn't include a section for age. People turned into pokemon are vaguely described as showing up as child pokemon so you're young and that's what we're going with. Your human age is less important but can be discussed later in the bio sections.

-Name is pretty basic. You don't need a surname if you don't want.

-Since everyone is a pokemon species is pretty much enough to tell what the characters look like. However I've included the appearance section so that you can describe any deviations from the norm be it colors/patterns/accessories or what have you. You could also include a picture that does this for you if there's some fan art out there you like. If there's nothing outside the norm for your character then simply indicate as much in that section of the app.

-For the personality section I'd like two paragraphs. More is always welcome. I need a good feel of what it's like to interact with your character.

-You'll notice there's two biography sections. As you may recall from the premise your character was a human who came to the pokemon world the rp takes place in through some unknown means. Your character can have been in the pokemon world for as much as a year prior to the rp's beginning so describe what they've been doing since then. If they're meant to be new arrivals then indicate as much. As for the human biography, your character won't actually remember this but it is important for me to know some of their life as a human for plot purposes. A reminder that the human world in question here is basically the world of the mainline pokemon games where there are humans everywhere interacting with pokemon.

-The Core Memory relates to what was spoken of in the premise. Humans-turned-pokemon remember three things: their name, the fact they used to be human, and one other memory that differs from pokemon to pokemon. What this is is entirely up to you. It can range from something as vague as an emotion or sentiment or be something very specific like an experience. Whatever you decide on, know that however clear the memory is your character will not be able to remember what they looked like as a human. Also know that this memory is very close to your character's heart even if it isn't a happy one. Core memories aren't just offhandedly shared with strangers or acquaintances but rather require a bond of trust prior to revealing them. They'll be very plot important so have fun.

-Now for moves. Fights will be playing out like other rps you've experienced so there's a variety of basic attacks your pokemon can do. It just depends on their biology and all that. But you still get four moves like in the games. You'll learn more later on and I might let you have more than four but not too many more. Anyway, pick four low level moves to start. You might notice I'm also letting you all have a Z-move. This can be the generic type-specific one or the unique ones if you're the corresponding pokemon. That said, I will allow you to create your own unique z-move if your pokemon of choice doesn't already have one. Whatever you go with, don't expect to use them much more than like once a day or whatever. And no you won't one-shot boss fights with them I just figure the flashiness will be appreciated. You won't have them for a while anyway as they've gotta be explained IC and then you guys will have to go on a mission to find some z-crystals.

-The Ability is just like in the games. Pick one of the abilities available to your pokemon of choice. We'll iron out how it works in this setting in discussion.

The Helio Guild:

Spoiler

Guild Master: Heliolisk
-Something of an enigmatic figure, the leader of the Helio Guild is anything but physically imposing. Yet his name and the guild name carry weight the world over. He doesn't make many appearances outside of the guild yet is often found within its confines. He is polite and courteous to any Pokemon upon first meeting them though he has a habit of making up and sticking to nicknames for most guild members however much they may dislike it. It's a sort of judgment and changes to one's nickname can give one an idea of what the guildmaster thinks of them. Granted it's a bit of a complicated code to decipher. Still he's usually a happy soul that brightens the mood of the guild. A world renowned explorer like him is sure to whip any hopefuls into shape.

2nd In Command: Noivern
-Heliolisk's right hand woman is Noivern. Typically speaking she is all business and rather strict, especially to new members. She is in the most contact with Heliolisk and enforces his rules and decisions on the guild. She's been his partner as an explorer for a very long time now and the trust between the two is plain as day. Assuming one isn't shirking their duties they'll find her approachable and helpful though always on the stern side of things. She will bring attention to faults as she sees them and advise actions against them. Mistakes irritate her but she can forgive them. It is blatant violations of rules that will bring out the fury in her. Angry Noivern lectures will increase in volume and frequency until all the subject can feel is their eardrums about to burst. Despite all this, there is an underlying care for the guild members in everything she does.

Senior Guild Members

(Those who have essentially become Heliolisk's partners and help administrate the guild, help oversee training of recruits, and lead major expeditions)

-Sandslash: One of Heliolisk's first wave of recruits, now a senior member of the guild. Sandslash is rough around the edges and seems generally unapproachable. Gets easily annoyed with overly energetic or overly shy kids. He is the combat expert of the guild, and has claimed the most bounties of any member in the guild's history. His signature combination is Sandstorm and Dig, a strategy that often knocks out outlaws before they ever saw him. He's missing a few quills on his lower back and a scar now takes their place. The cause was a fight with a well known outlaw Skarmory who had been kidnapping children from several villages. It is not impossible however to build some sort of emotional connection with him but it will be rather indirect to start on his end.

-Mudsdale: Already an established solo explorer herself, Mudsdale came to the Helio guild seeking connection with the resources available to the institution. She is in charge of maintaining the base and managing the supplies. The basement is her territory and Arceus help you if she catches you down there without permission. While strict in her official duties, Mudsdale has a light heart and jovial nature. Among the senior staff she has the most blatant soft spot for new recruits and will be the one most likely to spoil them with extra treats or slightly easier training for the day. She's known to give rides to places if asked nicely.

-Buizel: A graduate of about a year now, Buizel is the newest addition to the senior staff. His responsibilities are over providing the daily dinner for the guild members and maintaining the bulletin boards with up to date information on requests. He's not nearly as old as the other members and thus feels a bit out of his depth. He more readily relates to the recruits, not being too terribly older than some of them. He's got a real creative streak to him. His meals always have a professional appearance to them and the bulletin boards are kept neat and visually appealing. This comes with some perfectionist tendencies, at least in his duties and passion projects. Secretly rivals the local Smeargle in painting ability but isn't confident in his work and doesn't often show it off.

-Audino: A friend to Noivern and Heliolisk prior to the formation of the guild, Audino has long served as the guild doctor. She keeps good track of every guild member's health and is always advising them on what they could and should be doing to keep healthy. She'll dote on sick or injured guild members enough to rival their mothers. Unless of course the injury was brought about by the pokemon's own stupidity. Then there's lectures involved. Audino's deep empathy makes it easier for her to gauge the emotions of those around her. Fronts and facades are difficult to maintain in her presence as a result. She always seems nice and happy but one can occasionally catch glimpses of something deeper. Like some sort of hidden secret past. But you're probably just imagining it.

Junior Guild Members

(Those who haven't graduated yet but are further along the program than the cast, help new recruits out on harder missions)

-Growlithe: The most popular girl and leader of the little four man clique that is this squad of Junior members, Growlithe is confident in her abilities and will be sure everyone knows it. She is very supportive of newer members so long as they recognize her superiority and praise her sufficiently. Granted this front drops around the guild officers, particularly Noivern who wouldn't tolerate it. Her squad's well accomplished hence the trust the staff give them in helping training newcomers.

-Tyrunt: Growlithe's childhood friend and biggest fan. The two were the original duo and entered the guild together only to meet and join up with Blitzle and Skiddo down the line. He is fiercely loyal to his friends and easily excited. Never touch his food though. He has big issues with it. And not aggressive issues either, he's a big germophobe and hates the idea of getting sick.

-Blitzle: The team strategist and more subdued member of the squad. She focuses on tactics and precision over brute force. She can quickly size up the available skills in whatever group she's in and form viable strategies from the information. She has a love of music and is often scratching down notes of tunes that pop into her head. Rarely she'll go so far as to attempt to compose a piece off one of the ideas. Doesn't handle kids super well but does her best to help as she's needed.

-Skiddo: This goat has no filter and will say mostly whatever comes to mind in most circumstances. While not one to get philosophical, Skiddo seems to possess a vast amount of sensible life advice as taught to him by his father. Be ready for "Papa always said" in abundance. He and Blitzle roomed together upon joining the guild and became good friends as time went on, eventually forming a fearsome four man squad with Growlith and Tyrunt. Skiddo focuses on being well supplied and carries more than his fair share of the load in any exploration effort to free up his more talented friends.

Base Description:

On the south side of Thicket Town there is a hill just before the clearing ends, with trees beginning again at the back side of the hill. At the foot of the hill is an entry way that looks like a giant heliolisk head. The guild base itself is the inside of the hill that has long since been hollowed out. There are plenty of windows in both the walls and ceiling to let sunlight through. On the hill top are several fire pits that are lit every night. There are several floors inside the guild and it is built to accommodate many different size of Pokemon.

Ground Floor:

-Once cleared by the guards manning the gates, any Pokemon, guild member or not, can enter this floor. Here will be found the job boards for exploration teams hence it being open to the public. These boards are regularly updated by the guild and contain requests for rescues, explorations, apprehending of outlaws and many other similar jobs. Other services offered by guild members will also take place here. When looking to go exploring this is always the first stop.

Second Floor:
-This floor is used primarily for guild gatherings. There are only two key rooms. The first and largest is the assembly hall where the guild conducts its daily meetings. The second and smaller off to the side is the mess hall where the guild eats dinner together every night.

Third Floor:
-The third floor is home to the rooms provided for the guild members. The rooms each have several beds in them and not much else to speak of.

Fourth Floor:
-The fourth floor houses Heliolisk and Noivern's offices and is thus not often visited by guild members unless one or other requests their presence.

Basement:
-The basement is a large storeroom for the guild's food and other supplies. Not to be played around in.

Thicket Town:

Spoiler

There is a large clearing in the middle of the Thicket Forest where a small settlement was made long ago by a collection of grass-type pokemon. It has long since blossomed into a large city where Pokemon come from all over. This is in part due to the town's roughly central position on the continent. It becomes a natural juncture for travels to most anywhere. A lot of it as well was the weather. It was always bright and sunny during the day but never overly hot. And even on the hot days there were trees in abundance all around. The growth really took off when the Helio Guild was established and explorers began flocking to the city to learn from one of the best.

These days, the weather is anything but bright and sunny. There is a perpetual cloud layer obscuring the sun. Still the town has adapted to their cooler, overcast home. This is hardly the worst of the climate changes around the world so the Pokemon simply hope nothing else comes.

h8hRxmE.png

This is the first of I'm sure many very poorly made maps on my part.

1.) Thicket Forest which surrounds the city and for the most part naturally encloses it. It goes on for miles in any direction and is largely safe to travel through.

2.) Town Square. Big events are held here like the guild recruitment festival. Some official-type buildings are along the perimeter such as a police station of sorts and the town elder's house.

3.) The Helio Guild

4, 5, 6.)  The North, West and East Gates respectively. While the town is not properly fenced about, these are the most natural entry points and are thus usually given a guard or two largely for formality's sake. The guards more often greet and provide information to visitors than anything.

-Along the depicted gray streets leading from town square to any of the gates or the guild are the shops and services provided by various local Pokemon which can be described more in detail at a later time. The remainder of the clearing is dotted with the homes of the many Pokemon families that live here.

-Not far west of town is the Thicket River which runs through the forest and is the main water supply.

-Underneath Thicket Town is a system of connected tunnels to facilitate the easy movement of ground-type pokemon without disrupting the city. Think of it like a subway with entrances scattered fairly evenly about town and non-ground-types can even go down and hitch a ride for a nominal fee.

Accepted Apps:

Spoiler

Character Name - Species - Username

Felix - Starly - radio414
Kiera - Flabebe - Niko
Karliah - Salandit - Wind Rider
Blake - Honedge - JellisOP
Cassidy - Tynamo - God Emperor Cow
Zee - Abra - Mr. Hyde
Tuff - Stufful - Lewyn
Jeremy - Dratini - Hakima 
Corbin - Doduo - Dova

Edited by Klonoa

Name: Karliah

Species: Salandit

tHfRwqL.jpg
The orange strip down her back and tail is more of an indigo blue color.

Personality: Karliah can be rather quiet at times, choosing to either let others talk first before voicing her opinion or to just remain quiet. She only ever forms a complete sentence or a full conversation with, and only with, those she truly can trust. Because of this, she rarely ever talks to someone new to her and prefers to keep her distance as best as she can. This paints a picture of being a complete loner, but in actuality she does want companionship, only that she wants a true friend that she can trust completely and who won't betray her or leave her behind.

Outside of her quiet nature, Karliah can't stand the sight of someone being bullied or picked on. She believes that the strong should never harm the weak, but protect them instead. The sight of someone abusing their power ticks Karliah off, to the point where she will confront the person and call them out on their abuse. Even if she would be struck down in the process, she'd get back up and keep on the assault until she proves her point.
Pokemon Biography: Karliah is a newcomer to the pokemon and is understandably in a confused state (the feeling, not the status effect -w-). She's roaming around Thicket Town hoping to find answers as to why she's here in this new world.

Human Biography: As a human, Karliah was orphaned at a young age and had to beg and scavenge in Saffron City to make a living. She had made friends with a few wild pokemon, who offered her food in the form of berries. These wild pokemon included a Growlithe who would cuddle next to her at night to keep her warm. Eventually, she and the Growlithe were taken in by another human, a figure she affectionately refered to as Big Sis.

Core Memory: Karliah remembers being an orphan and having to fend for herself just to survive.

Moves: Ember, Smog, Protect, Return
Z-Move: N/A
Ability: Corrosion

First!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Starly

Spoiler

“If I can help even one Pokémon per day, I consider that a day well spent.”

Name: Felix

Species: Starly

Appearance:

Spoiler

yvNpTEz.jpg

Just your normal, run-of-the-mill Starly.

Personality:

Spoiler

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

Felix is an optimist, especially when other Pokémon are concerned. He always tries to see the best in those around him, and hopes that they will do the same for him. “Flighty” would probably be a good word to describe this sort of behavior if not for two reasons. The first is that it’s too obvious. Saying he’s too flighty or “a birdbrain” will inevitably be met with a curt "If you’re trying to insult me, you should probably get some new material."

The second is that he hates flying. Or rather, he hates heights. “It’s really not being high up that bothers me,” he’ll say. “It’s more of the, um, it’s more of the suddenly not being high up anymore that’ll do it.” As a Starly, he’ll still flutter, taking long jumps between bushes or low branches, but he’d really really rather not take actual flight if he can help it.

Felix is very eager to please. He loves helping out, doing anything he can to make those around him more comfortable. If there’s something you need help with, he wants to be one of the first people you ask. And if he can’t help directly, he’ll try to find someone who can.

There’s an underlying vanity behind it all, though. Felix needs -- needs -- to be liked. His innate kindness, general cheeriness, and prepared comebacks go a long way, but off-hand remarks and insults still hurt a lot more than one might expect. This is the more negative side of this eager to please attitude. He can’t stand the thought that someone might not always enjoy his company, and will do everything in his (admittedly limited) power to try and correct these thoughts.

Pokémon Biography:

Spoiler

"If you have any questions, any questions at all, you know where to find me!"

Not old enough to be one of the first humans to arrive in Thicket Forest, not young enough to be one of the newer arrivals, Felix is one of those “in the middle” ones that nobody’s sure what to do with anymore. He’s found his niche in helping other, newer arrivals to Thicket Town, both the Pokémon and humans in Pokémon bodies, making sure that they’re comfortable and, in the case of the latter, helping them come to terms with what’s happened to them.

Not that he can provide any answers. He doesn’t even really think about it these days. It’s simply a fact of life that, for example, he’s stuck with memories he can’t quite place. It’s a fact of life that he can’t ever truly relate to any of the natural-born Pokémon.

It’s a fact of life that when rain clouds darken Thicket Town’s night sky to a near-pitch black, he’s plagued by nightmares he can never remember once the storm finally lets up.

In his better dreams, Felix imagines himself surrounded on all sides by a hard shell, impervious to the outside world. For a while, he is happy simply being, knowing the extent of his own universe, exploring every inch of its space that he can. But towards the end of the dream, his walls begin to fade. They grow thinner, as if they were dissolving away, and he can start to see the sunlight outside. He pushes towards it, the eggshell begins to crack…

And that’s when the dreams end.

Human Biography:

Spoiler

Felix was born into money, and if he hadn’t become a Pokémon, probably would have died with money even if he’d made more than a couple unsound investments. His mother had never worked either, she had inherited their money as well, and on and on up the family tree until it gets lost in the fog of time. His father was the son of some shopkeeper who’d worked and saved his way into the wealthy elite,

Needless to say, Felix never worked a day in his life. That’s not to say he was idle or lazy as a child, but he was still a little spoiled. The idea that he could, say, order something off of a menu without looking at the price was something he enjoyed. But he was still curious about the world around him, and would spend weeks at a time delving into some obsession before discarding it and moving on to the next thing to hold his interest.

He was just coming of age when he was transformed into a Pokémon. He still hadn’t found a singular thing to focus his studies on, though his most recent interest had been archaeology. So maybe he would have been that when he grew up. Maybe he would have found something else.

But that doesn’t matter now, now does it?

Core Memory: On Top of the World

MovesTackle, Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team

Z-MoveSkyward Skystrike

Ability: Keen Eye

Miscellaneous: Some say he's a decent enough singer, or they would if he'd ever let them listen. But on the nights when his bad dreams get the better of him, one might be able to hear a soft little hum amidst the nighttime ambiance.

Tomboy Eel

Spoiler

Basic Info

Spoiler

Name: Cassidy
Species: Tynamo
Appearance: Cassidy doesn't look much different than a regular Tynamo except that her fin membrane has a greenish tint to it.

Character Info

Spoiler

Personality

Spoiler
A rough and tumble sorta girl. Cassidy isn't afraid to get dirty and in fact seems to prefer things to be messy and dangerous. If she didn't float everywhere she'd likely always be covered in dirt and grime. Some could say her fight or flight instinct is permanently stuck on fight. She's very prone to snapping at people if they seem to be doing something she thinks is wrong or if they mock her. Cassidy has a chip on her shoulder and seems to want to prove to herself she can succeed.

She loves to take on challenges and if you dare her to do something chances are she'll do it. Doesn't have much of a filter and can be rather blunt. That being said she's rather lax about other people. She believes that everyone has their own way and as long as you don't try and interfere with someone else's way, or hurt someone, then you should just keep on being you.

Cassidy doesn't seem to get along very well with adults, or those a decent amount older than her, and is a bit uncomfortable with those her own age. However when around younger Pokemon she's rather different. Almost motherly in a way. She makes no effort in hiding the fact that she prefers to be around a younger crowd with some exceptions who really have to work to stay on her good side.

Pokemon Biography

Spoiler

Cassidy hasn't been in this world for long and she's still trying to get her bearings. She was discovered by a kindly, older, Pokemon but immediately refused their help. The Pokemon tried to convince them otherwise but Cassidy wasn't having any of it. Insisting she'd be fine. So she's been wandering around for about a week trying to figure out just what this place was. While roaming about she found many young Pokemon in various instances of trouble so she had started just helping people out as she went. Looking for what she should be doing.

Human Biography

Spoiler

To understand Cassidy's life you need first to know about her parents. Her father was a farmer, a man from Solaceon Town in Sinnoh. A man who met a beautiful young woman visiting from a large city to place various prized Pokemon in the daycare. He was smitten and she was...charmed. They had a relationship that, for her father, was full of love. Her mother would visit regularly to check up on the Pokemon she left and she and Cassidy's father would have various dates. Until for months she didn't show up. He tried to contact her to no avail and someone else came to collect the Pokemon from the daycare.

And then she showed up with a child in a basket. She thrust the child into his arms and told him that she nearly ruined her life because of a "fun diversion" and that she wouldn't let that happen. She cut off ties with him completely and left. He was devastated but tried to pull himself together for the child he now had to raise.

Cassidy loved the town. And most importantly she loved the Pokemon. She would spend hours and hours playing around in the ruins nearby and the Pokemon Daycare. A fairly friendly, if aggressive, child she was popular with many of the other children. Though her father, out of damaged and misguided concern, tended to keep her from getting too close to them. And after a certain incident Cassidy herself stopped seeking out others for companionship and focused more on her own adventures and on Pokemon.

But she was happy like that. Her life was filled with joy and much love and she seemed content with living her life in their small town.

Unfortunately that wouldn't last long. She was only 13 when they moved to the Unova region, taking a Turtwig the Daycare owner gave her on her 10th birthday, and Driftveil city. Her father claimed that he had a very tempting job offer and that she should travel a bit to see what the world has to offer. This wasn't entirely false but it wasn't the whole truth. Cassidy later would learn that her father had discovered that her mother had moved to the Unova region and he was still obsessed with finding her and "patching things up". This discovery led to many arguments between daughter and father.

She left the house more and more often but things weren't the same. There were places to explore, sure, but larger cities didn't feel right to her. There was something missing.

Then she discovered a Pokemon Ranch. Run by a former ace trainer turned breeder. It was located near the Lostlorn Forest, a mysterious place she had never thought to visit because it was near one of the most active cities in Unova, and she only found it after getting lost during a storm. She began to work at this ranch in her spare time and grew close with the Breeder and the Pokemon on the ranch. Until...

Core Memory

Spoiler
Abandonment. That is the feeling that Cassidy remembers most from their past life as a human. She met her mother only once, when she was ten years old, while she was in town for business. She had a new family. A new husband and a son, a bit younger than Cassidy. Cassidy had found her father talking, clearly distraught, with a woman who looked vaguely like her but older, and went to investigate. When the woman saw her she gave her a look of pity and told her that she could "Leave this waste of a man and come with me if you want." Cassidy shouted at the woman and defended her father. At which point her mother responded "Seems he's already tainted you. Fine, I hadn't really wanted you anyway."

Combat Info

Spoiler

Moves: Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark, Charge Beam
Z-Move: Gigavolt Havoc
Ability: Levitate

Spoiler

Name: Blake
Species: Honedge
Appearance: A Honedge with a lavender cloth instead of a blue one and a dark grey metal, with a scratch on the flat of his blade. His eye is also Lavender.

Spoiler

Blake is very organized, having a very methodical approach to life. He is definitely is an introvert, preferring studying alone or with one other person. He has few friends other than his Pokemon, and tends to make others shy away. He generally dislikes easy things and prefers a challenge.

His main flaw is that he has trouble opening up to people. He is Paranoid, and can't bring himself to truly open up. He also has been known to lash out in anger. These go hand in hand, when people pry,  he gets punchy.  He also holds grudges for a long time.

Spoiler

Blake woke up on a beach in the sand, waves rolling on him. He discovered what he was, freaked out, of course, but he soon put his sword fighting abilities to use. He discovered how much control he had of his body, and admired the craftsmanship of his body. He then met a friendly Wingull who told him how to get to thicket town. After many weeks of travelling, he met a shady character in the woods, a Haunter. Now, this Haunter was actually a half decent Pokemon, not trying to actually hurt him. The Haunter taught him the other side of his abilities, teaching him how to use Shadow Sneak. With Haunter, Blake made it to Thicket Town.

Spoiler

Blake Lived in Mossdeep City in the Hoenn Region. From a young age, he was shy and had a hard time trusting others, thanks to an abusive mother, who she blamed for everything. His father had a divorce, and then he lived alone with his father in Mossdeep while his mother moved to Lilycove. Then, at the age of nine, a man came up to him and offered him a Pokemon, a Beldum. This helped Blake open up a bit, and helped him gain a friend. This kid was happy go lucky, incredibly positive. His name was John. He offered him a toy sword, and they played with their foam swords on the beaches of Mossdeep, and they hit it off ever since.

This continued for many months, and swordplay had become relatively normal activity for them. They even battled alongside their Pokemon, One of the rarer things they did. However, they both gained a crush on a girl, and the fighting became more and more intense, closer duels, more cuts and bruises. So one day, a cool foggy Friday, they agreed to one final fight over her. It was close, but Blake won narrowly, and had won a promise that John would not go after her. However, when he went to ask the crush, John was found flirting with her. This crushed Blake, and ruined the friendship. They had a violent duel, but John won because of Blake's Recklessness. He remembers practicing more and more reckless sword slashes against the beach cliffs, angry about John's betrayal. He never truly recovered.

Spoiler

Blake Remembers dueling John with practice swords on a beach, alongside their Pokemon, his Metang and John's Steelix.

Moves:Swords Dance, Fury Cutter, Autotomize, Shadow Sneak
Z-Move:Corkscrew Crash
Ability:No Guard

Edited by JellisOP

The Pink Punk

Spoiler

psVFMSN.png
"Whatchu lookin' at?"

Basic Information
Name: Tuff. Oh, you don't think that's my real name? Well that's none of your damn business, ain't it?
Gender: Male. What, you think I'm a girl cuz I'm pink? That's sexist as f***.
Species: Stufful a.k.a. Stuff it.

Appearance

Spoiler

XpED5hG.png
This is what I look like right before I'mma whoop your ass for laughing.

Psyche Information

Personality

Spoiler

You wanna know about me? I'm super tough, tough as nails. And I don't take no Tauros shit from nobody. I may not be the baddest mofo on the planet, but you can bet your britches I'm almost there. Just gotta work at it. Once I evolve, ain't none of you gonna be laughing anymore, just you watch. You think I'm lying? I do a lotta things, but I don't lie. I may not be big, but I have an ego and a will to work the size of a Wailord, so I just know I'll be the last one laughing in the end.

What else you wanna know? Already told ya my dream, gonna be the best. I like it when people laugh, just not at me. Life, well, you gotta take it in, in all its ups and downs. If you gotta choose between laughing and crying, or laughing and being angry, I'd say laughter is the way to go. Unless you make fun of me. Then all bets are off. What else? I don't need to tell you anymore, right? You're satisfied, right? Well, sometimes, I wish I were born differently. Yeah, I know, who'da thought? But no, seriously, I feel like, I might not have been dealt the best hand in life. But I guess if wishes were fishes we'd all be dishes. Or however that phrase goes. I don't know. Do I look like a nerd to you?

Pokémon Biography 

Spoiler

What biography? I just got here, what, ya want me to give you my life story? Okay, fine. Once upon a time, or some shit like that, I woke up, saw my reflection in the pond, and realized I turned into some ugly pink f***er. There, the end. Some story, huh?

Human Biography

Spoiler

As my brother is unable to answer this, I shall endeavor to do so in his absence.

You see, the two of us were born in Konikoni City. He the older sibling, and I the younger. You could say we were inseparable, but that was a lie. It was more me, tagging after him all the time. I had a hard time making friends, but he never seemed to have that problem. Everybody loved him for his foolhardy courage and for never leaving any of us out. He never hesitated to stick up for us, and for that, we would follow him anywhere. Adults hated him though, which I could never understand. Even my parents told me that I needed to separate from him, that he was a bad influence. And then the next thing I knew, he was saying, "I don't need you followin' behind me like a fool, okay? S'not cool to have a crybaby like you dogging me."

Before I knew it, we got older, and started joining different crowds. I ended up helping people and Pokémon in need, and joined the Aether Foundation. Meanwhile, my brother...well, to put it mildly, he got into fights, haggled with merchants, started to steal, and ultimately joined Team Skull. And I only knew that because he shouted that right before he stomped out the door after one last fight with our parents. That we probably wouldn't ever see each other again.

Except that was a lie.

It was while I was visiting the Volcano Park for field research. I got lost, and stumbled upon the totem Pokémon, Salazzle. I thought I was done for, but my brother appeared in front of me and told me to run for it. I'll never forget the sight of his back, turned to me, so skinny, but so strong at the same time, and crisscrossed with scars that even his tank top couldn't completely cover.

That was the last time I saw him.

It was only later I found out from my parents that he'd started stealing to help pay for bills, that he'd been the one to provide the money for my entrance into the Aether Foundation. In the end, he was always looking out for me, protecting me, and I, and I...

I'm sorry, I don't think I can continue. Just, if you see him and he's still alive...tell him I'm sorry for saying he was a failure. That's a lie. I was angry, bitter that he left me behind like he did. I wasn't thinking, I just wanted to see him hurt, like I was hurting.

No matter what, he has been and always will be, the best person I've ever known, and my older brother.

Core Memory 

Spoiler

It's kinda fuzzy, but I remember standing in front of a giant lizard thing. It was huge, and looked like it was about ta eat me. Mainly I remember holding my arms out, like that woulda done anything 'gainst something that huge. I dunno, don't ask me what I was thinking then. Probably crazy in the head, I was. Except there was a reason for it. I think. Maybe. I just knew I wasn't budging from that spot. Woulda taken an act of a legendary to get me to move, and even then, I doubt that woulda done it.

There was somebody else with me, too. They were like half my size, and standing in front of me. Except I pushed 'em away. "What, you think yer some big hero?" I asked. "Yer nothing but a rat, like me. Go on, get outta here. I don't need you mucking things up even more." And that's all I remember. Yeah I know, it's stupid. Probably not even a real memory, just some weird-ass dream. Never said it was interesting. Yer own fault for buggin' me about it.

Combat Information

Moves: Leer, Tackle, Bide, Wide Guard - Let me know if you think this move is too badass for me, as unbelievable as it sounds.
Z-Move: A Pink Pummeling - I get really mad and I just punch the other guy over and over again. Hey, it works.
Ability: Fluffy - Yeah, yeah, shut up. If you say anythin', I'll fluffy your ass into the next decade.

Edited by Sethera