Blake

Number 92: Heart-eartH Dragon

300?cb=20140425073105

3 Level 9 Monsters

This card cannot be destroyed by battle, also your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken from battles involving this card. During your opponent's End Phase: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish all cards your opponent currently controls that were Normal or Special Summoned, or were Set, this turn. If this card is destroyed while it has Xyz Material: You can Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. When you do: It gains 1000 ATK for every card currently banished.

The relevance of this card is actually due to Orcust and Phantom Knights. Thanks to Sheorcust Dingirsu and Rusty Bardiche, you can make this card after your opp proceeds to ending their turn, at the end of their MP.

This is especially relevant against decks like Salamangreat and Sky Striker, as it simply destroys their setup.

Counter-play involves not overextending, then playing more before ending your turn, but that has the same issues with it that such play usually does.

Black, stop biting my shit lol

Heart Earth allows you to board wipe effectively, but it is pretty much a one trick pony.

VFD allows you more prolonged oppression, but is an extra body on board...which in the age of super poly isn't smart

Not entirely clear which one is better

Dw4e72MVsAAPGln.jpg

Dw4e72LVYAA5oPg.jpg

As you can see, some decks flat out don't run either

Edited by TheEternalWinter

back in the day I really wanted to make a deck with this, and Lemuria/Superancient Coelacanth was the most consistent haha

it's definitely worthy of consideration in Orcust, but the ED space just seems so tight imo, idk if I'd run two 9s, or this over VFD

On 1/14/2019 at 12:00 PM, Flame Dragon said:

You should know better than to double post. Merged the two. 

Was annoyed he took someone else's idea and didn't give credit

Regardless it's janky outside of the sky strike and salamangreat matchups. Too many moving parts, you need babel up to bring the link back, then have a set rank up from the PK, just messy

dELETE

Edited by TheEternalWinter

On 1/15/2019 at 1:40 AM, Catman said:

back in the day I really wanted to make a deck with this

This.

Well, now I have a little more reason to try to build Orcust.

It sounds tricky, but I'd be willing to try.

I liked Number 92's design, and was kind of sad that I couldn't find a Deck at the time that could reliably bring it out.