yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

On 11/14/2019 at 3:03 PM, radio414 said:

Am I crazy or was that a 3-minute outro on a 9-minute song? Padding for time smh. 6/10.

49 minutes ago, Mr Spaz said:

some/BODY

OP's suggestion. Better get comfy; this is a long one.

8/10

I mean, I guess? It reminded me of the song Surf Solar that I recommended a couple pages back in that it's decidedly ambient in tone even if it doesn't use the sounds an "ambient" track might use. And those are in general purposefully drawn out, so I probably didn't notice. Not contesting the score -- it's okay to not like songs (or parts of songs), but you asked so I answered.

song ends before the video does by like, 5 seconds, so heads up on that.

2 hours ago, radio414 said:

I mean, I guess? It reminded me of the song Surf Solar that I recommended a couple pages back in that it's decidedly ambient in tone even if it doesn't use the sounds an "ambient" track might use. And those are in general purposefully drawn out, so I probably didn't notice. Not contesting the score -- it's okay to not like songs (or parts of songs), but you asked so I answered.

song ends before the video does by like, 5 seconds, so heads up on that.

Not liking parts of songs is why I don't give Bohemian Rhapsody a 10/10. This is not Bohemian Rhapsody though. And so I shall give it an 8/10.

OP's suggestion. The mad lad did it again.

7/10, I rather like the more upbeat energy of the original.

9 hours ago, radio414 said:

50 has a lot of soul/pop bangers in my opinion.

The last time I saw this, Shradow posted it on the old site shortly after I told everyone I'd rate videos if they asked. I gave the song a 9/10 and the video a 10/10, but I'd like to amend my mistake. This song deserves a 10/10 score.

OP's suggestion. Do you want to listen to electronic metal with bagpipes as a lead? You do now.

10/10!

On 11/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, radio414 said:

Fascinating. 8/10

18 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

6/10

OP's suggestion. I feel like posting some Powerman 5000 today.

10/10

21 hours ago, radio414 said:

5/10

8 hours ago, Are You Okay? said:

7/10

OP's suggestion. Remember that time when I said Riot's music team was consistently godlike?

I'm not sure if it's because I just don't like hip-hop as a genre, but I don't like this song. Pretty sure that's the first time I've said this about Riot's music. However, it's very well put together, as with anything Riot's music team does, so anything lower than a 5/10 feels like I'm doing it injustice simply because I don't like the genre (or the skin line).

On 11/21/2019 at 5:22 PM, radio414 said:

7/10

On 11/24/2019 at 7:43 PM, MetalSonic said:

Consciousness required, pulse optional. 8/10

OP's suggestion.

8/10

16 hours ago, radio414 said:

couldn't find a good youtube video with the album art on it, sorry. just this one.

works for me. 7/10

OP's suggestion. It's like if cursed images had an audio form.

Majestic and uncomfortable. 8/10

20 hours ago, radio414 said:

8/10, pretty solid stuff.

10 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

I've decided to humor you. A decision that lasted for about 30 seconds. This still isn't Yui Rates Memes.

10 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

A lot of video games with the big orchestras and choirs in their soundtracks sacrifice the flavor of the franchise for an impressive sound (Soul Calibur did this in SCV). Mario Galaxy 2 dodges that pitfall spectacularly, as despite the rather different instrumentation, this is still very much a Super Mario song. And one of my favorite ones, to boot! 9/10.

OP's suggestion. The intro on radio's song reminded me of the intro to a song I really like by one of my favorite bands, so of course I want to share.

8/10

On 11/30/2019 at 10:31 PM, radio414 said:

This feels like the different parts of the 10-minute outro could have been at least five different songs. 6/10, easy listening.

On 12/1/2019 at 5:28 PM, Mr Spaz said:

I'm a bird person myself. 7/10, songify does pretty good content.

OP's suggestion. I'm probably going to regret being the first guy who posts Christmas music, but Psychostick.

8/10

So, for my Anthropology class, we have to do a presentation on any topic within the field of anthropology (which is a lot). I'm doing mine on the history of memes (because why the fuck would I not?), which led me to this old song.