yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

On 6/2/2019 at 3:28 PM, Shradow said:

I often get a good laugh out of Pepsi Man stuff. And you're right, dem solos doe. 9/10

Bowser-related stuff always has such sick music. And MK8 has legit one of my favorite video game soundtracks ever.

jazz metal yaaaaaaaaaaaaas. 8/10.

On 6/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, Saikazo May Cry said:

JAM Project is a good band that gets more attention than is warranted because of Masaaki Endoh's reputation. Change my mind. But a good band they still are. 8/10.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:04 PM, A Crap Guide to CC said:

It sounds like something I'd hear in a bullet hell game of some sort in the later half. Wasn't too keen on the first half, but it made up for it later on. 7/10, would've been an 8 if not for the first half being kinda filler-y.

On 6/2/2019 at 9:37 PM, radio414 said:

Ayyy, Carpenter Brut. 8/10

OP's suggestion. I've been playing a lot of Terraria for the past month and a half or so, and while I haven't quite beaten the game yet, I think I know who my favorite boss is, for more reasons than just her theme.

I distinctly remember I didn't want to hear this until I fought Plantera in-game. Was not disappointed with my decision. As much as I love this song though, I can't see it getting any higher than a 7/10 at best.

On 6/4/2019 at 4:24 PM, LordCowCow said:

8/10

On 6/4/2019 at 7:01 PM, The Frost King said:

hmmmmmmmmm...

7/10. just shy of an 8.

Saw this show up in my YT sub feed today and knew I had to share it, it's a dope cover:

Edited by Shradow

12 hours ago, Shradow said:

Saw this show up in my YT sub feed today and knew I had to share it, it's a dope cover:

8/10

OP's suggestion. The HU put out a new track, and I had to share with the rest of the class as soon as I found out!

7/10, would shoog again.

2 hours ago, Shradow said:

This song has some great fanfare.

Yup, that's what healing sounds like. 8/10.

1 hour ago, The Frost King said:

Would probably have been better off as an instrumental track. 7/10.

double-posting for an OP's suggestion that I had exactly zero way of predicting could have happened in any timeline.

I remember in an older Yui Rates Music thread, I gave the original Diggy Diggy Hole a 10/10 score (thanks @Shradow). It's no surprise that I'd give a metal cover of it another 10/10. So you'll be quite surprised to hear that I'm actually giving this one a 9/10. The percussion in the original was a huge part of why I liked it so much. Maybe I just need to let this one grow on me.

EDIT: Yeah, 10/10, but for different reasons than the original.

Edited by Yui

On 6/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, Yui said:

Yup, that's what healing sounds like.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/9/99/Medic_specialcompleted02.wav

On 6/7/2019 at 6:55 PM, Yui said:

the original Diggy Diggy Hole

And technically this is the original Diggy Diggy Hole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ePNomef68

The violin was such a good addition for this remix.

Edited by Shradow

On 6/10/2019 at 2:38 AM, Shradow said:

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/9/99/Medic_specialcompleted02.wav

And technically this is the original Diggy Diggy Hole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ePNomef68

The violin was such a good addition for this remix.

It really was. 8/10.

On 6/16/2019 at 2:21 PM, radio414 said:

I'm late to the party on Prodigy, I know, and this isn't Fat of the Land but I just felt like sharing.

4/10

22 hours ago, cr47t said:

Who is Shaw, and why did he shank someone? And why must he seek redemption for it? 6/10 I guess.

OP's suggestion. Riot music team really outdid themselves this time.

I'm still weighing it out in my head if it should get a 9 or a 10, which based on my rules means I have to give it a 9/10. A bit less guitar and a bit more synth would have done wonders for an already-stellar login theme. I'd also like to just take a moment to appreciate the hard work the music team at Riot does. They go out of their way to write tracks like this just for the login screen, so most people will only hear the song for about 3-5 seconds unless they go looking for it on youtube, simply because music is (presumably) their passion. Talk about underappreciated.

12 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

I see I've been skipped again

I don't feel like going back to correct it this time.

4/10, feels pretty weak even compared to previous battle themes in the franchise.

11 hours ago, Shradow said:

I do love me some Soul Calibur, but it just doesn't sound the same after SC4. I haven't played SC6 yet so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this is the song for Raphael's stage? Sounds like a Raphael song. It also sounds like a 6/10. Pretty good, but nothing anyone hasn't heard hundreds of times before in other games.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:22 PM, Mr Spaz said:

This is neither from Pokemon spinoffs nor performed by The Bubbas. Who are you and what have you done with Spaz? It's not a factor in the score, but anytime a song's lyrics include "blame it on my" I immediately think of Sail by AWOLNATION, which I actively despise as a song. "Spent all my money as soon as I got paid" sure is a relatable line though.

7/10

4 hours ago, Shradow said:

You were the one who posted the sea shanty too, right? And when presumably-you did, I was like "with some modern touching up, this could be really nice!" This is precisely the kind of touching up I was talking about back then. Also, do Runescape's graphics really look like that? Quite a bit better than I remember! My gut says 10/10.

18 minutes ago, radio414 said:

black midi the band not the genre

The genre is a piece of shit. Not quite sure how I feel about the band, but it sure is interesting. 5/10.

OP's suggestion. It's another vocal Touhou remix, but quite possibly my favorite one that isn't done by Akatsuki Records.

10/10

I really like Touhou music and that was an awesome remix, though the title and lyrics at 2:46 and 6:32 instantly just made me go AYAYAYA. 9/10

Edited by Shradow