yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

Is it the vocals? I didn't want to say anything on the first listen but yeah, they're probably an, ah... acquired taste. Western is probably my favorite song of theirs but I can't find that on Youtube just yet so here's Talking Heads instead:

Edited by radio414

On 6/26/2019 at 4:42 PM, Shradow said:

I really like Touhou music and that was a awesome remix, though the title and lyrics at 2:46 and 6:32 instantly just made me go AYAYAYA. 9/10

I'll have to post Touhou remixes more often then. 8/10.

On 6/27/2019 at 5:05 PM, radio414 said:

Is it the vocals? I didn't want to say anything on the first listen but yeah, they're probably an, ah... acquired taste. Western is probably my favorite song of theirs but I can't find that on Youtube just yet so here's Talking Heads instead:

Yes. I definitely get the "acquired taste" feel from them though, which at least means I can tell why one might enjoy them. Just hasn't grown on me quite yet. The instrumentals are really nice but the vocals are a bit odd and need adjusting to. My favorite Touhou remix circle - Akatsuki Records - is the same way though, so I can hardly complain.

7/10

On 6/27/2019 at 6:54 PM, Mr Spaz said:

I've wondered about this meme for quite some time and never took the initiative to look into it. Quite pleased I don't have to go out of my way for it now. 3/10, the potential's there for something but it's crippled by what it is. Does do what it's supposed to very well though.

OP's suggestion. A new DLC hit 100% Orange Juice earlier this week, complete with a character song since it's an idol-themed DLC. That makes the below song only the second song in the game to be written specifically for the game (the first being the final stage theme for the main story mode), with the rest of the soundtrack being royalty-free tracks.

I could go on about how I'm surprised this happened on multiple levels, but in the interest of saving time, let's get right to the part where I rate this song 8/10.

Also I realize I've only been submitting the heavier King Gizz songs when the majority of their albums (also, they were formed in 2010 they have, like, fifteen albums) are not that -- they're basically all over the place. But this is their newest so this is what you get for now.

I have actually lost track of which songs I've posted in these threads. Help me.

18 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Been listening to this lately

Sounds like something that comes straight off a pop radio station of your choice, right down to the lyrics to some extent. Though they're not quite cheesy enough for radio.

5/10

16 hours ago, radio414 said:

Also I realize I've only been submitting the heavier King Gizz songs when the majority of their albums (also, they were formed in 2010 they have, like, fifteen albums) are not that -- they're basically all over the place. But this is their newest so this is what you get for now.

Don't you hate it when a band decides to change its style all of a sudden? I'm curious what their other stuff is like, but for now I'll address what's in front of me. 7/10

7 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

I have actually lost track of which songs I've posted in these threads. Help me.

This one doesn't sound familiar, so probably not this one at least. 6/10, which is a rating I don't seem to give all that often.

7 hours ago, Shradow said:

8/10

OP's suggestion. Is a childhood without this song truly a childhood?

7/10

I don't think King Gizz has "a style" tbh. Their current most recent album -- where today's recommendation is from -- is, to steal a joke from the internet, "Dad Rock," but each album is more or less its own style. Frankly, it's amazing how good (I think) most of them are.

On 6/29/2019 at 3:49 PM, radio414 said:

I don't think King Gizz has "a style" tbh. Their current most recent album -- where today's recommendation is from -- is, to steal a joke from the internet, "Dad Rock," but each album is more or less its own style. Frankly, it's amazing how good (I think) most of them are.

Ohh, so they're one of those bands. Sweet. Getting some vague Marilyn Manson vibes from this specific track. 7/10.

On 6/29/2019 at 4:11 PM, Shradow said:

SEASON 4 HYPE! 7/10

On 6/29/2019 at 9:49 PM, Mr Spaz said:

6/10

OP's suggestion. I bought Cadence of Hyrule yesterday (then beat it within 8 hours of purchase, including a break about two-thirds the way in because my thumb was sore). It's as perfect a combination of Zelda and Necrodancer as I ever could have asked for, so in that spirit, let's rate the perfect fusion of their soundtracks.

9/10, easily

One of "those bands," yes. Like, for example, what if you, as a perfectly reasonable band with two drummers, released four albums in 2017, but because they were all wildly disparate concept albums, you had all these other songs you wanted to make that didn't mesh with any of them? That's what Gumboot Soup, where this song is from, was for.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:39 PM, Shradow said:

7/10

On 7/2/2019 at 4:51 PM, Mr Spaz said:

Did I post this one yet?

Beats me. I'm not keeping mental inventory of all the pokemon spinoff tracks you've posted. There was a GaMetal cover of this one pretty recently. 5/10

9 hours ago, The Frost King said:

Nobody:

DAGames: Let me make a Fnaf 1 song in 2019 that's also a collab with other youtubers

7/10

53 minutes ago, radio414 said:

One of "those bands," yes. Like, for example, what if you, as a perfectly reasonable band with two drummers, released four albums in 2017, but because they were all wildly disparate concept albums, you had all these other songs you wanted to make that didn't mesh with any of them? That's what Gumboot Soup, where this song is from, was for.

6/10

OP's suggestion. I've been thinking about one particular 2hu a lot lately, so let's post her theme.

It amuses me that Shinmyoumaru is the shortest of all Touhou characters yet has one of the longest names and themes in Touhou history. 7/10.

Let's do something fun for this next round of posting. Post a song by your favorite band/artist, and if you're feeling up to it, explain why they're your favorite if it's something you can put into words.

Ooh, perfect timing for this, then.

I just love BRADIO's style, both musically and aesthetically. The different flashy suits they wear in their videos as well as Shingyoji's afro are very fun. Their music is so groovy, and if I were to give any sort of comparison I find them almost like a Japanese Earth, Wind & Fire which is a band I've been listening to ever since I was a kid.

Justice was one of the bands I mentioned when you asked a similar question in my AMA. They're one of those bands again -- seemingly changing their style with each album they put out, but I think all of their songs still sound like Justice songs no matter which period in their discography they're from. This is DVNO from their first album, and I think it is a pretty good through line for the style they've developed since then.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:51 AM, Shradow said:

Ooh, perfect timing for this, then.

I just love BRADIO's style, both musically and aesthetically. The different flashy suits they wear in their videos as well as Shingyoji's afro are very fun. Their music is so groovy, and if I were to give any sort of comparison I find them almost like a Japanese Earth, Wind & Fire which is a band I've been listening to ever since I was a kid.

GAi47Eh.jpg

Bonus points for going into why they're your favorite band. 8/10, never heard a song by BRADIO I didn't particularly like.

On 7/4/2019 at 2:20 PM, Mr Spaz said:

I'm just gonna start skipping PMD.

19 hours ago, Saikazo May Cry said:

This is exactly who I should have expected you'd post but I didn't for some reason. I always imagined you have some secret favorite band you just don't talk about I guess. The best part of this video is how Richaad just stands there in the back. It gets hard to rate this song properly after the first half or so, so let's just go with that bit and leave it on 7/10.

8 hours ago, radio414 said:

Justice was one of the bands I mentioned when you asked a similar question in my AMA. They're one of those bands again -- seemingly changing their style with each album they put out, but I think all of their songs still sound like Justice songs no matter which period in their discography they're from. This is DVNO from their first album, and I think it is a pretty good through line for the style they've developed since then.

Bonus points to you as well for explaining why your band is your favorite. 8/10.

OP's suggestion, from his own favorite band.

Ghost is one of those bands that changes style between albums, but to a very small extent, with Prequelle (which the above is from) being the most different of their albums. There's a lot of reasons I like Ghost, but strictly in terms of music, I like that they're a modern-day band with that "older metal bands" feel you get if you look back to the 70s or 80s (at least in Prequelle). 9/10.

I didn't see your bonus thing (although I really do love Jonathan Young). Honestly, I like too many of them, but this one, this one here, I need to know your thoughts.