Shradow

POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

I'm really excited for this movie, it looks like a lot of fun and I love Ryan Renolds playing Pikachu. The realistic look they're going for with the Pokemon makes it a lot more interesting than if it was just their normal, cartoony looking versions. It looks really good, but of course Legendary Entertainment is doing it and they make good looking movies. I've never played the game so I'm not sure what to expect, and the reveal of a certain Pokemon at the end of the second trailer was a cool surprise (though seeing it for the first time in the movie would've been cooler, but whatever trailers gotta build hype).

I'm honestly hyped for this movie. I'm not sure how good it'll be, but I don't think it'll be bad and I anticipate myself having a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how many Pokémon they can cram in and how they look. Most of them so far are pretty damn good and I'm happy they made a point to use a variety of Pokémon from all the different gens.

It's really cool too that they tapped RJ Palmer to help with the designs, the guy makes amazing realistic Pokémon.

Mewtwo's a nice surprise at the end there, I'm curious if he's the one upending the earth in the trailers or if that's another legendary like Groudon or something.

I raised three eyebrows when they first announced this movie, but I've found myself losing skepticism since the first trailer. This also comes out on my birthday, so this'll be a neat present for myself.

A sequel is already in development, actually, so they must have high hopes for it. And hell, it's a Pokemon movie, it'll make money no matter what.

Edited by Shradow

6 hours ago, jad2342 said:

I thought Snorlax would be at least a little bit bigger

Yeah, though I do appreciate that it is blocking a bike lane.

Snorlax is 6'11", so while he's a big dude he's not completely monstrous in size.

Honestly given how live action adaptions of video games usually go, this movie looks infinitely better than it has any right to be. I'm expecting this to be a legit good movie.

Also I fucking love Ludicolo. He's prime meme material, too.

Edited by Shradow

1 hour ago, British Soul said:

Yeah, though I do appreciate that it is blocking a bike lane.

That was a nice touch... Ludicolo wasn’t one I was expecting to see in the trailer, but I’m so glad they showed him

1 minute ago, jad2342 said:

That was a nice touch... Ludicolo wasn’t one I was expecting to see in the trailer, but I’m so glad they showed him

It was a nice touch and I will admit that I missed it first time because the signage is a bit hard to see (as it's towards the bottom of the screen, but it's still visible enough to tell what it is.