yui

NeoCardMaker Holy Grail War

On 12/15/2019 at 7:14 PM, Skaia said:

I go to buy myself and Assassin ice cream, then keep close watch on the dog and the goose.

Ice cream! What a delicious treat! Unsure of what flavor to get, Assassin went with vanilla. After all, it was a very plain flavor, and sure to be a safe pick when presented with so many options you've never tried before. You then take it upon yourself to keep an eye on the two animals that stuck out most to you, while Assassin kept an eye on the people. The goose, and the old dog. The goose - unsurprisingly - didn't really do much. It mostly just honked at people that passed by and picked up whatever odds and ends they'd drop, swinging them around a bit before discarding them.

The dog, meanwhile, is a different story. He must have noticed you paying so much attention to him, because he trots up over to your side, sniffing you and Assassin over. Whatever he smelled on Assassin, it must have caught him by surprise. He opts to just sit down in front of the two of you, seemingly pleased to have met someone new. He's also eyeing the ice cream the two of you have.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:48 PM, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

I wilt a little bit at the idea of going alone. But perk up more when I hear that might not happen. "Yeah, I like the idea of us all going together. Being alone's kind of boring and all... Oh, and if you can eat food then, you should eat! After all, without food, life wouldn't be worth living." I pause, "Or, well, we wouldn't be able to live at all, actually." I chuckle a bit in embarrassment.

I think for a bit.

"A necromancer, huh..." I say grimly. "I've heard stories about them in video games and D&D. It's said they can raise the dead...a real life necromancer, huh?" I get a bit excited. "I wonder if he...or she, has a phylactery...wait no, that's a lich, never mind."

"Oh yeah, what was that about a sword, Berserker? Or hmmm, should I come up with a code name? Like Berseria? Then we can call this the Tales of Berseria!" I grin proudly. "And the tales of Archeria and Casteria...or would it be Archerio and Casterio since you're both males?" I muse.

berserker.png

"Servant, Saber..." Berserker pauses for a bit, focusing intently on what seems to be nothing in particular. "Yes. Saber. We will meet Saber."

On 12/15/2019 at 8:33 PM, Chaos Sonic said:

"What's worse, we don't know which ones have allied themselves...which is another potential problem. Seven Servants, means two distinct possibilities aside from just a free-for-all. Option 1: Servants and Masters have worked together in a group of three, which would mean there would be two groups of three while one works solo. Option 2: three groups of two, with yet again, one going solo. I am hoping that if the other options are the case and are forming, we aren't the ones ending up going solo."
>Begins to slowly pace
"While that may be something that could work for you...I don't think it would go well for either of us. ...now you happen to see where my mind is working overtime in a situation like this. Too many variables that could and may well be viable."
>Looks again towards the city
"The only method we could use, least the way I see it, could be something along the lines of we return to the city...and lure Berserker to the harbor, then return here post haste and enact the fight. However, if it's more than just Berserker or not Berserker at all, then we may be screwed in the long run."

rider.png

"You're putting too much thought into everyone else's game, Master." With a tone as if it was something to be proud of, Rider exclaims "I didn't become famous by worrying about every other crew! I made it in the world because I cared about my crew, and what my ship was capable of. You'd be wise to do the same. Focus on our own game plan; not what everyone else is doing. If there's a hitch in the plan, you improvise around it. That's what planning truly is at the end of the day."

Hopping into the boat, Rider flashes you a thumbs-up. "I can agree to heading back into town though. If we can find the Berserker and get them mad, running like hell over this way should serve as good bait. Those lunatics are never all that good at thinking."

22 hours ago, Tormented said:

"Well, this... gentleman in front of me seems far too dignified for a berserker" Contemplating the Servant's question... "We must indeed betray one another at some point, unless of course one of us falls before this moment in which case no betrayal will occur besides is it a betrayal if we all know at some point what must be done?" I turn back to the door "Lancer, we are done hiding. Show them you can pull your 'weight'" I let off a smirk.

lancer.png

"Is that a fight we're itching for, Master?" Lancer materializes between you and Saber, holding over his shoulder a naginata even bigger than he is. "Nice as it would be to take out another Master ASAP, you lot look much more promising as an ally than a stain on my blade. Tell you what, let's have us a sparring match, me and Saber. Finding a place shouldn't be all that tough."

18 hours ago, Saikazo said:

"Necromancy isn't as easy as the games make it out to be, so this person is a pretty decent mage," I comment as I listen, nodding to myself. "Also, Berserker kinda is a code name, no?" I add. "So, Master of Caster, what say you? If you're in, we might as well get going now,"

archer.png

"Not so hasty, Master. If someone's robbing graves, they won't do it in broad daylight. Unless you want to stake the place out for way too long, we should at least give it some time before gathering up in the right place."

In response to Saikazo

"I suppose it would be a code name. But...I dunno. I like coming up with my own code names. Like, Agent Eagle or something." I grin, before drooping. "But if it's not that easy, then I suppose we need to be on our guard for somebody powerful."

In response to Berserker

"Saber..." I muse. "Saber...that's a type of sword so...wait, could it be?" I blanch, thinking. "No, that didn't look like a saber at all though..." I glance up. "So are Sabers usually horsemen then?"

In response to Archer

"You're probably right," I nod. "Also, isn't nighttime the best time for forces of darkness and evil to be active?" I point at nowhere in particular. "If our foe is a foul necromancer, then we will probably only find them at night!" I hunch over a bit, nervous. "Though, in that case, maybe we should confront them during the day instead."

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

"Where would we have this 'spar' anyway? Without drawing out some other Servants to pick us off while we're distracted. Seems like a risk that doesn't give us much in return. Don't you think?" I ask Saber.

11 hours ago, Yui said:

rider.png

"You're putting too much thought into everyone else's game, Master." With a tone as if it was something to be proud of, Rider exclaims "I didn't become famous by worrying about every other crew! I made it in the world because I cared about my crew, and what my ship was capable of. You'd be wise to do the same. Focus on our own game plan; not what everyone else is doing. If there's a hitch in the plan, you improvise around it. That's what planning truly is at the end of the day."

Hopping into the boat, Rider flashes you a thumbs-up. "I can agree to heading back into town though. If we can find the Berserker and get them mad, running like hell over this way should serve as good bait. Those lunatics are never all that good at thinking."

>Le sigh
"You have a point...alright then, if you believe that we should be unhinged by me over analyzing and thinking this much into everyone else's game plan, then so be it. Guess Heroic Spirits have quite the fount of knowledge within them. Very well, let's return back to town and do our best to locate Berserker...if anything else..."
>Gives Rider a thumbs-up in return
"...we'll just wing it."

On 12/17/2019 at 3:10 AM, Tormented said:

"A sparring match? Sounds fun, what say you Master of Saber?"

On 12/17/2019 at 3:32 AM, LordCowCow said:

"Where would we have this 'spar' anyway? Without drawing out some other Servants to pick us off while we're distracted. Seems like a risk that doesn't give us much in return. Don't you think?" I ask Saber.

saber.png

"Your concerns are not unfounded, Master. However, I do know of a place where other Masters have possibly not explored. My previous Master's hideout in an abandoned cold storage facility may be of use."

On 12/17/2019 at 3:25 AM, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

In response to Saikazo

"I suppose it would be a code name. But...I dunno. I like coming up with my own code names. Like, Agent Eagle or something." I grin, before drooping. "But if it's not that easy, then I suppose we need to be on our guard for somebody powerful."

In response to Berserker

"Saber..." I muse. "Saber...that's a type of sword so...wait, could it be?" I blanch, thinking. "No, that didn't look like a saber at all though..." I glance up. "So are Sabers usually horsemen then?"

In response to Archer

"You're probably right," I nod. "Also, isn't nighttime the best time for forces of darkness and evil to be active?" I point at nowhere in particular. "If our foe is a foul necromancer, then we will probably only find them at night!" I hunch over a bit, nervous. "Though, in that case, maybe we should confront them during the day instead."

@Saikazo@Blake

caster.png

"Someone can fill you in on the types that often fall into various classes later, but for now, the short and simple answer to your Saber question is no; you'd be thinking of the Rider class. As for our dear necromancer, speaking as a Caster myself... claiming it's as simple as "they should be weaker during the day" is a bit misleading. Unless their particular method has something to do with the stars, anyway. Say, Archer's Master, you're the one who gave us the heads-up about this mage. Might you be able to tell us more?"

On 12/17/2019 at 2:37 PM, Chaos Sonic said:

>Le sigh
"You have a point...alright then, if you believe that we should be unhinged by me over analyzing and thinking this much into everyone else's game plan, then so be it. Guess Heroic Spirits have quite the fount of knowledge within them. Very well, let's return back to town and do our best to locate Berserker...if anything else..."
>Gives Rider a thumbs-up in return
"...we'll just wing it."

rider.png

"Sniffing out a Berserker seems easy. Just look for the superpowered crazy." As you and Rider take the boat trip back to town, you notice a conversation between a few men in suits going on near where Rider parks the stolen boat. And once you set food on land, it becomes quite clear what they're talking about. As it so happens, they're talking about you! Once you've gotten on solid ground again, they approach you.

One of them asks, "Are you the boys that have been taking up all those winnings in the Midas Palace lately?"

"Well, guess that'd do. Wait really, cold storage? Sounds uncomfortable place to set up. Anyway, give me a second, and then we can head there."

>Check out some things, say goodbye to the cat, then head back

"I'll accept the invitation."

I telepathically say to Lancer "I suspect no foul play here, both seem like honest people but keep an eye out, if possible try and scout ahead when we get closer"

49 minutes ago, Yui said:

rider.png

"Sniffing out a Berserker seems easy. Just look for the superpowered crazy." As you and Rider take the boat trip back to town, you notice a conversation between a few men in suits going on near where Rider parks the stolen boat. And once you set food on land, it becomes quite clear what they're talking about. As it so happens, they're talking about you! Once you've gotten on solid ground again, they approach you.

One of them asks, "Are you the boys that have been taking up all those winnings in the Midas Palace lately?"

>Notices the men in suits and what they're talking about
>Casually and cautiously, allows the suits to approach
"Yes sir, we are. Is there some sort of problem?"

On 12/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, Yui said:

"Someone can fill you in on the types that often fall into various classes later, but for now, the short and simple answer to your Saber question is no; you'd be thinking of the Rider class. As for our dear necromancer, speaking as a Caster myself... claiming it's as simple as "they should be weaker during the day" is a bit misleading. Unless their particular method has something to do with the stars, anyway. Say, Archer's Master, you're the one who gave us the heads-up about this mage. Might you be able to tell us more?"

"Sorry to say, but that's all the info I got for now. Not exactly keen on sticking around a bunch of zombies, you know?" I sigh and put my hands behind my back, thinking to myself. "I do think we should head out now. Frankly speaking, if they are a master, it might be best to strike before they have a chance to amass too many bodies. A bunch of zombies and a Servant? Doesn't sound fun to me at all,"

"Probably for the best. The question would more be what the source of their power is, which we can't ascertain without observing, at this point."

"Oh so it's the Rider class...it's just usually it's people on horses that use sabers...but maybe I'm thinking wrong. I think sailors use them too? So, in that case, would I be right in thinking that Sabers are also sailors?"

I think some more. "Huh, seems like everything I learned from D&D is wrong..." I mutter to myself before raising my voice. "Well, if you all think it's a good idea to leave soon, then I guess you're probably right." I pump my fist. "Awesome, we get to do reconnaissance! So what should we call this then? Operation: N.E.C.R.O.? Which would stand for uhh..." I think for a bit. "Never Eat Crunchy Raw Onions? Wait, no, that's not it..."

On 12/19/2019 at 8:43 PM, LordCowCow said:

"Well, guess that'd do. Wait really, cold storage? Sounds uncomfortable place to set up. Anyway, give me a second, and then we can head there."

>Check out some things, say goodbye to the cat, then head back

On 12/19/2019 at 8:47 PM, Tormented said:

"I'll accept the invitation."

I telepathically say to Lancer "I suspect no foul play here, both seem like honest people but keep an eye out, if possible try and scout ahead when we get closer"

saber.pnglancer.png

You got it.

After a brief delay to prepare, Saber is the one who leads the way, most of the way across town and to an abandoned cold storage facility. "This is the place. My previous Master was set upon by good-for-naught hooligans here, but they may well have dispersed by now. After all, there was nothing worth looting in here." As the two Servants enter the warehouse, each one tightens the grip on his respective weapon. They take a few steps away from each other, stopping near the walls of the warehouse, before turning to face each other. Saber with his large sword, and Lancer with his naginata.

BGM

"Approach me however you wish, Lancer!" Saber's voice boomed.

"I'll take you up on that." Lancer charged, blade of his weapon behind him, before swinging the weapon in an upward arc once he was close to Saber. Their weapons clashed, prompting Saber to strike back with a downward swing of his own. Unlike Lancer's faster attack, there wasn't anything flashy or spectacular about it, short of the sheer force of the attack. Lancer sidestepped the attack, making a horizontal slash of his own aimed at Saber's arms. What he didn't expect was for Saber to lean into the attack, catching the blade with his shoulder pads.

"You're supposed to avoid weapons, Saber."

"Speed isn't a gift I possess, even as a Servant." As Lancer tried to yank his weapon out of Saber's shoulder, Saber grabbed the weapon by its shaft. He pulled the weapon out himself, then spun around with it in his hand, throwing it and Lancer alike into and almost through the wall behind him. "But I don't need it."

"Guess I'd better take advantage of that, then!" As Saber moved to swing his sword again, Lancer jabbed his arm with the blunt end of his weapon, letting it bounce off of Saber's elbow as Lancer jumped up to catch it in the air, landing behind Saber with a clean downward swing at his other arm. Both Servants were fighting toe-to-toe with each other.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:51 PM, Chaos Sonic said:

>Notices the men in suits and what they're talking about
>Casually and cautiously, allows the suits to approach
"Yes sir, we are. Is there some sort of problem?"

One of the men nods to the other, before turning back to you. He points at the vehicles with his thumb. "Get in. We've got a guy who wants to have some words with you."

As the other man started heading back to the vehicle, he pulls out a cell phone. There's a pause, followed by a "We found him."

14 hours ago, Saikazo said:

"Sorry to say, but that's all the info I got for now. Not exactly keen on sticking around a bunch of zombies, you know?" I sigh and put my hands behind my back, thinking to myself. "I do think we should head out now. Frankly speaking, if they are a master, it might be best to strike before they have a chance to amass too many bodies. A bunch of zombies and a Servant? Doesn't sound fun to me at all,"

12 hours ago, Blake said:

"Probably for the best. The question would more be what the source of their power is, which we can't ascertain without observing, at this point."

45 minutes ago, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

"Oh so it's the Rider class...it's just usually it's people on horses that use sabers...but maybe I'm thinking wrong. I think sailors use them too? So, in that case, would I be right in thinking that Sabers are also sailors?"

I think some more. "Huh, seems like everything I learned from D&D is wrong..." I mutter to myself before raising my voice. "Well, if you all think it's a good idea to leave soon, then I guess you're probably right." I pump my fist. "Awesome, we get to do reconnaissance! So what should we call this then? Operation: N.E.C.R.O.? Which would stand for uhh..." I think for a bit. "Never Eat Crunchy Raw Onions? Wait, no, that's not it..."

archer.pngberserker.pngcaster.png

"I'm fine with the three of us staking our necromancer out. Caster?"

"No objections from me. The trip there would also serve to help teach our cohort here a bit more about individual classes. Do you object, Berserker?"

"No."

"Then it's settled! We shall depart as a team and stake out the necromancer! A pleasure to be working with the rest of you in earnest." Anyone who hadn't finished their food had a bit of time to do so while Caster made a quick stop by his workshop, picking something up. The trip to the slums was pretty uneventful, save for Caster going over the differences in each class and what sorts of people often filled the roles of each, as well as making several stops near the side of the road. When you arrived at your destination - with Archer and Berserker helping out with the navigation - it was time to set up. Luckily, there was a house near the city wall that seemed quite devoid of people. One that Caster insisted as using as a forward base of sorts.

"I'll go see if I can't find this necromancer. The rest of you besides my Master don't know what she looks like, and I'd be best suited for that sort of job anyway." And with that, Archer went back out, on the hunt for a necromancer. Think I'll check the graveyard first. Doubt she's there, but it pays to be thorough.

"Well then. Suppose I ought to get to work as well."

2 minutes ago, Yui said:

One of the men nods to the other, before turning back to you. He points at the vehicles with his thumb. "Get in. We've got a guy who wants to have some words with you."

As the other man started heading back to the vehicle, he pulls out a cell phone. There's a pause, followed by a "We found him."

>Looks at both of the men, before simply adjusting my clothes slightly, whilst having a direct thought via telepathy to Rider.
"...I don't like the way this sounds. However, to avoid an unnecessary bloodbath or just confrontation, we should go along. If push comes to shove...then we will exercise force. No killing, understood?"
"Of course..."
>Begins walking towards the vehicle, with Rider most likely following behind.

I applaud at the spectacle. "Good enough for you Saber?" I shout acoss to the bout.

I'll look to the dog and keep my ice cream away from it but say, "well, what're you doing out here all on your own you little pupper?" I'll then look to Assassin and ask, "were you good with dogs?" 

I take a bit longer to finish the food as I'm pretty hungry. But when we leave, I listen to Caster intently. "Oh so Saber means they use a sword then...wait! Then I think I already met them...unless it was just some random person with a sword," I muse. Thinking a bit more, I frown. "They weren't very nice though. In fact, they were quite rude."

When we reach the house, I glance at the other two. "So...sounds like Archer's gonna scout alone? What should we do in the meantime? Play Old Maid? Tic-tac-toe? Or...hmmm...I know! I spy!"

"Sorry," I say to Berserker's Master. "But I rather not play games right now. Don't wanna be distracted in case Archer needs to reach out to me, ya know?" I comment. I look out the window, scanning the area. "You know, this place could be a good base if we manage to drive out the necromancer,"

"Yeah, probably for the best not to get distracted. As for this as a base... I'll probably hold on to mine, but a second one never hurt, especially as a hub."

"Man, you guys are no fun..." I sigh, putting away my cards. "And I don't know about using a creepy graveyard as a base...sounds kinda...sinister."

I then look at Berserker. "Do you want to play I Spy or something?"

Quick sidenote, everyone. It's come to my attention that "naginata" isn't actually the correct term for Lancer's weapon. It's actually a guandao, and I've only been calling it a naginata because I'm a filthy weeb who didn't know any better. I'll be correcting that from now on though.

On 12/22/2019 at 5:36 PM, Chaos Sonic said:

>Looks at both of the men, before simply adjusting my clothes slightly, whilst having a direct thought via telepathy to Rider.
"...I don't like the way this sounds. However, to avoid an unnecessary bloodbath or just confrontation, we should go along. If push comes to shove...then we will exercise force. No killing, understood?"
"Of course..."
>Begins walking towards the vehicle, with Rider most likely following behind.

rider.png

Got it. No killing if things go sour. However, sour things did most certainly not go. Once you and Rider were seated, the men started up their cars and started driving, taking you back to... the Midas Palace? "A free ride home? How considerate!"

"Save the smartass remarks for later." As the men guide you through the lobby, your company getting a few glances of surprise from various patrons and the staff, they head into the elevator and take it up to the top floor. The other penthouse suite; the one directly above the suite you'd put out the money for last night. They unlock the door and step in, leaving you met with a young man sitting behind a desk. Seems he was practicing with a glass chess set until just a few moments ago.

"So, you're our prodigal gamblers," he says, looking you and Rider over. "Sit down. We've got business to talk."

On 12/23/2019 at 1:12 AM, Tormented said:

I applaud at the spectacle. "Good enough for you Saber?" I shout acoss to the bout.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:27 AM, LordCowCow said:

>Watches silently

Saber, get a good grasp of his combat style, we'll need to know as much as we can about it.

saber.pnglancer.png

Doing it. As Lancer and Saber continued to exchange blows, between Lancer's swift and precise guandao attacks and Saber's more forceful, broad sword swings, it seemed neither one had a particular edge over the other. At least, that's how it seemed, until Saber flipped his sword around in his hands, striking Lancer's hands in succession and disarming him in the process.

"Ah..."

"This is my victory, Lan--GHK!!" Saber found himself interrupted mid-sentence, as Lancer's fist shot forward, right into Saber's throat. Followed by his knee, right into Saber's stomach. And finally, a spinning roundhouse kick right against Saber's head, knocking the larger Servant over.

"If I quit just from losing my weapon, I'd be a bit of a laughingstock, I think. I'm no martial artist, but a good soldier fights as long as he can."

"Most admirable..."

As Saber got back up to his feet, Lancer looked over to his audience of two. "That good enough for you, Master of Saber?"

On 12/23/2019 at 1:23 PM, Skaia said:

I'll look to the dog and keep my ice cream away from it but say, "well, what're you doing out here all on your own you little pupper?" I'll then look to Assassin and ask, "were you good with dogs?" 

assassin.png

"No." Not paying the dog much mind, and actively looking away from it whenever it looked at her, Assassin continued "They're more of a nuisance than anything to me." As the dog - no longer content with vying for Assassin's attention - turned his focus back to you, Assassin simply returned to her ice cream. That is, until the dog jumped up, grabbing it and running. "Hey!"

No use. He was out, leaving a trail of frozen sweetness in his dust. "Like I said, they're a nuisance," Assassin sighed.

On 12/23/2019 at 4:31 PM, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

I take a bit longer to finish the food as I'm pretty hungry. But when we leave, I listen to Caster intently. "Oh so Saber means they use a sword then...wait! Then I think I already met them...unless it was just some random person with a sword," I muse. Thinking a bit more, I frown. "They weren't very nice though. In fact, they were quite rude."

When we reach the house, I glance at the other two. "So...sounds like Archer's gonna scout alone? What should we do in the meantime? Play Old Maid? Tic-tac-toe? Or...hmmm...I know! I spy!"

18 hours ago, Saikazo said:

"Sorry," I say to Berserker's Master. "But I rather not play games right now. Don't wanna be distracted in case Archer needs to reach out to me, ya know?" I comment. I look out the window, scanning the area. "You know, this place could be a good base if we manage to drive out the necromancer,"

17 hours ago, Blake said:

"Yeah, probably for the best not to get distracted. As for this as a base... I'll probably hold on to mine, but a second one never hurt, especially as a hub."

3 hours ago, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

"Man, you guys are no fun..." I sigh, putting away my cards. "And I don't know about using a creepy graveyard as a base...sounds kinda...sinister."

I then look at Berserker. "Do you want to play I Spy or something?"

caster.png

"I'll indulge you, Master of Berserker. I spy something that should have stopped moving long ago." Caster peered out the window, looking at a group of three people passing by. It was hard to tell if they were men or women with their getup. Scarves, goggles, basically, every measure had been taken to ensure you couldn't see who was underneath. But their posture was slouchy, and their movements slow and jagged. "Vile creatures, truly. Looks like we're in the right part of town to find our necromancer, but these are merely her minions. Your orders, Masters? Seems they don't know we're here."

4 minutes ago, Yui said:

rider.png

Got it. No killing if things go sour. However, sour things did most certainly not go. Once you and Rider were seated, the men started up their cars and started driving, taking you back to... the Midas Palace? "A free ride home? How considerate!"

"Save the smartass remarks for later." As the men guide you through the lobby, your company getting a few glances of surprise from various patrons and the staff, they head into the elevator and take it up to the top floor. The other penthouse suite; the one directly above the suite you'd put out the money for last night. They unlock the door and step in, leaving you met with a young man sitting behind a desk. Seems he was practicing with a glass chess set until just a few moments ago.

"So, you're our prodigal gamblers," he says, looking you and Rider over. "Sit down. We've got business to talk."

OoC: This guy seems to be important...dude has glass chess for crying out loud!!

"Yes sir, that would be us."
>Acting cordial and sits down
"And may I ask who you are? The suit definitely shows you're one of high class, least from my point of view. Giorgio Armani?"

>Shrugs

"Suppose so. I don't want to stick around here for long anyway. Not all that cozy."

"Saber, remember that. Next time we have to battle a Servant we have to keep fighting until they can't fight anymore."

"So do you have any idea where any of the others are? We should think about actually taking one or two down tonight."

I laugh and applaud. "I'm sure that isn't his only trick either."

"Indeed we should probably focus on taking down those who are less friendly. I still think we should focus on Berserker where possible heavens forbid one of us tackles it alone"