yui

Yui's AMA

32 minutes ago, Thar said:

jorge posada catch GIF by Hispanic Heritage Month

Same question you asked me: What's your opinion on the Council so far?

When ranking new talents, I always take debut streams into account if they're still relatively new, and the council is no exception. Let's take it from the top.

Sana is who I would call "the best vtuber" of the lot, if you asked me to think about things more objectively and try to define best. I've mostly only watched vods for this gen, but out of all of them, Sana's Celeste streams have felt the most engaging, even when I wasn't looking at the stream itself. She also had by far my favorite debut stream, opening up with a comedy bit about how the universe and all within it - mosquitos, soggy cereal, yagoo's dream - is all a mistake, and we just need to shut the bloody hell up mate, and then proceeding to still have a super entertaining rest of the stream. Everyone else's debuts felt more like a lengthy introduction with the occasional surprise (Fauna's yandere ASMR & Mumei's absolute banger of a song preview), but Sana's was genuinely entertaining, even extending out into the start of Fauna's stream for yet another comedy bit. She opened up strong, and has shown no signs of slowing her roll yet. Here's hoping she can manage that "one year without removing her size limiter" goal.

Fauna gives me big comfy vibes with just enough kooky to avoid being boringly fluffy. Very middling presence as far as the council goes if you ask me, but even that is still pretty good. Not much else to say about her besides her, um... "interesting" spore sensibilities. Cutting the power during her karaoke and going into a yandere ASMR moment was the biggest surprise in the debuts, and I want a whole stream of that.

Kronii has my favorite BGM in the council by a long shot, and I just feel like that's worth mentioning. I'm a big fan of her "nonchalantly the best" attitude, complete with the dry delivery, and her voice is easily my favorite in all of hololive. The world isn't ready for or worthy of a Fauna/Kronii ASMR collab. In a crew of excitable dorks, somebody who keeps themselves cool and lowkey is always a welcome change of pace. It's why I also really like Okayu's presence on the JP side, even if I don't watch any streams or clips. She's streamed the most interesting games of the bunch so far, and I'm genuinely invested in her Frostpunk playthrough by now.

Mumei is my favorite council member, no cap. If Fauna and Kronii have unwinding presences, Mumei feels more like a healing presence. Cutest council member, roughly as fun to watch as Sana, with a really nice voice and quite a few surprises up her sleeve, between the song preview in her debut stream and her apparent artistic skills. I will watch this bird's career with great interest. I said this to someone in DMs before, that more than anyone else on the EN side, watching Mumei has the same energy as watching a JP talent, but without the language barrier.

Baelz is a good rat. Seems to be the Watson of this gen not just because they're both chaotic gremlins, but also because Baelz seems to be the "leader" of this group of godly avatars. Going into debuts, I suspected she'd be my favorite, and while that wasn't quite on the mark, she's still a grand old time to watch. Respecc the rat.

If you made me rank them from best to worst, it would probably go like...

1. Mumei
  2. Sana
  3. Baelz
  4. Kronii
  5. Fauna
1 minute ago, LordCowCow said:

Baseball bat or crowbar choose your weapon

Crowbar is sturdier and can also be used to pry open doors. I choose crowbar.

1 hour ago, LordCowCow said:

Top four Elite Four members? (No Champions)

1. Grimsley
  2. Koga
  3. Hala
  4. Phoebe
Edited by yui

4 minutes ago, Thar said:

Any Council/Myth collabs you wanna see in particular?

Sana & Ina

Fauna & Ina

Kronii & Ame

Baelz & literally anyone

Mumei & Ina

5 minutes ago, Thar said:

Another Council question:

What game do you want to see them play and whom would you want to play it?

The games I most want to see Council members play changes with each one. But a couple that would really tickle my happy bone are...

I'd like to see Mumei play Civilization. I'm apparently not the only hoomin who feels this way, and she's said she'd like to play it too. Aside from it being an obvious choice, I think it would be funny to watch someone with Mumei's short memory play a long-con game like Civilization.

Watching Kronii play Touhou: Luna Nights sounds like fun. Slowing down and stopping time are vital parts of controlling the game, and we can never have too many time-based games for the warden to play.

For a similar reason, Sana running a Starbound stream sounds like fun. Let's send her into space!

Now, if I had to pick a game or two I'd like to see everyone play, the one that stands out most is Terraria. I feel like all five of the Council's members would approach Terraria in completely different ways, and that's part of why the game is so damn great.

2 hours ago, Chaos Sonic said:

There's a lack of EX Files in the Chaos Files Blog in regards to the Emerald Endurance Race...does this mean I win? 😁

Not in the slightest. I've been occupied.

10 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Pokemon question. Favorite base stage starter, middle stage starter, and final stage starter? (for instance Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur)

Base stage is Litten, no contest.

Middle stage is Ivysaur, because it's the one of the few middle-stage starters that looks good as a standalone pokemon, and of those it's the best middle stage visually between its start and end points. (Honorable mention to Thwackey who I considered but ultimately decided is inferior to Ivysaur)

And rather amusingly rounding it all out, my favorite final stage is Greninja. It looks cool as hell, it evolves from Froakie who I adore, and for gameplay purposes it's probably the best starter period. All of that in a cool ninja frog-shaped package. What's not to love?

13 hours ago, Thar said:

In the spirit of spooks:

Favorite Halloween costume, candy, and decoration. Go!

superlative questions like favorite this, least favorite that, are usually tough for me to answer, but i have definitive answers for all of these.

my favorite halloween decoration is those plastic skeletons. they're goofy, inexpensive, perfect embodiments of the halloween spirit, and you can get really creative with them!

favorite candy is Mike & Ikes. i've always preferred fruit candies over chocolates, and those are my favorite among the fruity sweets.

this guy's tonberry cosplay is my favorite costume. not necessarily a halloween costume specifically, but it would sure work as one!

vcfwqpnwqqv61.gif
u1cxew4yyrv61.gif

1 hour ago, Thar said:

Just out of curiosity: Have you ever made anything that Boris did a video on?

Unless we count making vehicles in Crossout, no.