yui

Yui's AMA

2 minutes ago, Saikazo said:

Can you say 3 good things about Caster of the Nightless City?

You shouldn't underestimate my ability to spin things in a positive light.

1. Makes sure to communicate her goals with the team.
  2. Doesn't take unnecessary risks.
  3. Actually pretty good at telling stories.

6 hours ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Current favorite Galar region Pokémon and why?

834.png

Imma give it to Drednaw. I like his typing, his stat spread, and his design. All a good start. He's been incredibly fun to use in my still-unfinished playthrough of Shield, and he'd absolutely be a staple on any Gen 8 teams I might make on Showdown. Drednaw also has one of the few shinies of Gen 8 I've seen that doesn't look awful.

IDK how much you are into Smogon OU but here it goes:
Which Pokemon would you choose to modify enough to take into the OU tier? Which change(s) would you make to that Pokemon (buff base stats, access to key moves and/or abilities)? If making multiple changes but you could only choose 1 of them, which one would you pick or prioritize?

5 hours ago, Darj said:

IDK how much you are into Smogon OU but here it goes:
Which Pokemon would you choose to modify enough to take into the OU tier? Which change(s) would you make to that Pokemon (buff base stats, access to key moves and/or abilities)? If making multiple changes but you could only choose 1 of them, which one would you pick or prioritize?

This is a weird question, since I mostly play doubles, in which the tiers and meta are a lot different from singles. Plus, with Gen 8 and dexit with it being a relatively new thing, the tiers are probably all befuckled, assuming Smogon has already started sorting out tiers to begin with (seems they haven't for doubles; idk about singles). So I'm gonna answer this question with a few different answers.

For Gen 7 singles, I'd like it if Vaporeon was a bit stronger, though I'm not really sure how one would go about this. Giving it Defog perhaps? And/or some more speed?? Meanwhile in Gen 8, for both singles and doubles, if Falinks isn't OU I'd be sad. That's an easy buff though. Buffing his stats might be dangerous because of No Retreat (especially in doubles, where you can Simple Beam him first), but a new ability would work wonders for him in singles. Especially if that ability is Guts. He seems pretty solid in doubles from my limited playing around with Simple No Retreat, so I don't think he'll need any buffs there.

Thanks for answering. I should have been more clear on what format I meant (singles) and also the option to pick gen 7 since 8 is not so well established AFAIK.

Anyway

Happy Holidays! How did you celebrate the 24th-25th?

If you could give a Pokemon a Gigantamax form, which one would you give it to? How would it look like, if you can briefly describe it? What its unique Gigantamax move would do?

1 hour ago, Darj said:

Happy Holidays! How did you celebrate the 24th-25th?

Thanks! You too! The 24th (which only ended four and a half hours ago here) was spent pretty calmly, not doing much of anything. The most notable part of my day was that the toddler in the house left out some milk & cookies for santa, and the duty of eating/drinking it (and being sure to leave behind crumbs on the plate and just a little bit of milk leftover) fell upon me. Best household chore ever. Oh, and I got a Steam gift card early from my sister, which I used to buy Hollow Knight, its DLC, Psychonauts, and the latest 100% Orange Juice DLC. Not bad for twenty bucks!

Christmas day is technically right now, but we haven't gotten to opening presents. My brother said he'd be here in a couple hours, and that's probably about when the wee one will get out of bed too (she's an early riser, I guess). Since my usual sleep schedule entails going to bed between 3 and 4 in the morning, I've opted to just skip sleep entirely tonight because it just isn't worth it for so little sleep. There's gonna be a big breakfast and gifts being opened, and then I'm returning here to my lair.

1 hour ago, Darj said:

If you could give a Pokemon a Gigantamax form, which one would you give it to? How would it look like, if you can briefly describe it? What its unique Gigantamax move would do?

Venusaur should get a gigantimax form. Big-ass frog kaiju with a whole-ass tropical jungle growing on its back, tell me that ain't dope. Dunno what its unique move would do though.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:29 AM, ass said:

when we playin league boyo

not much of a duoqueue guy generally speakin. sorry bout that.

10 hours ago, ass said:

play with me bitch

just make him beat up some poor defenseless bots with you ?

2 hours ago, Darj said:

IDK if I already asked but here ot goes:

Which Pokemon ability would you buff? And what would be that buff?

I'd revert Prankster to its Gen 6 functionality.

You would remove Dark-type's immunity to it. So evil.

IIRC I already asked, but this time factor in the new stuff from Sw/Sh:

Which typing and moves would you have if you were a Pokemon, based on yourself as well as your personal tastes? Also would appreciate if you went as far as choosing a nature, held item (e.g. if you usually wear a scarf, then Silk Scarf could be the held item of choice) and overview of stat spread or role (high offense an speed for sweeping, bulk for tanking, etc.). 

Edited by Darj

9 hours ago, Darj said:

You would remove Dark-type's immunity to it. So evil.

IIRC I already asked, but this time factor in the new stuff from Sw/Sh:

Which typing and moves would you have if you were a Pokemon, based on yourself as well as your personal tastes? Also would appreciate if you went as far as choosing a nature, held item (e.g. if you usually wear a scarf, then Silk Scarf could be the held item of choice) and overview of stat spread or role (high offense an speed for sweeping, bulk for tanking, etc.). 

The same as last time you asked.

56 minutes ago, Thar said:

If you could throw your hat at any Mario enemy to possess them, which one would you be?

Gotta give it to my boy Lakitu. Easily slept-on enemy.

Which change(s) would you give to Granbull to make it jump a couple of Smogon tiers, preferably into OU?  Either S/M or Sw/Sh formats. 

5 hours ago, Darj said:

Which change(s) would you give to Granbull to make it jump a couple of Smogon tiers, preferably into OU?  Either S/M or Sw/Sh formats. 

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, radio414 said:

hey its me ur secret santa
What did you think of Revolutionary Girl Utena?

I kept meaning to watch it, but ultimately I never did. The idea behind it seems pretty neat though.

7 hours ago, UltimateIRS said:

are you aware that strawberry panic is based and redpilled?

strawberry panic was aight, but I couldn't really get all that into it

Fate fighting game

2 characters from each class (extra is grouped together and also gets two)

Who would be in your opinion good choices that are both fitting and interesting. And not just your favorites.

4 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Fate fighting game

2 characters from each class (extra is grouped together and also gets two)

Who would be in your opinion good choices that are both fitting and interesting. And not just your favorites.

Saber: Jason & Yagyu Munenori

Archer: Ashwatthama & EMIYA

Lancer: Ereshkigal & Diarmiud ua Duibhne

Rider: Achilles & Quetzalcoatl

Caster: Charles Babbage & Gilgamesh

Assassin: Sasaki Kojirou & Yan Qing

Berserker: Mysterious Heroine X (Alter) & Lancelot

Extra: Jeanne d'Arc & Mash Kyrielight