Black D'Sceptyr

Element Envoys (Sceptyr's Doriado/Element Support, 9/9)

STOP

COLLABORATE AND LISTEN

BD'S BACK WITH A BRAND NEokay wait a minute my initials for the screen name are also BD'S, pretending to be otherwise'll just make it confusing right moving on.

So yeah. Elemental Mistress Doriado. Known for sporting five different Attributes on the field, being one of few Level 3 Ritual Monsters....and well, little else besides one of her Dark Counterparts being used for Magician Girl Beatdown and the other being used as a wannabe Cannon Soldier. 

So, here's a way forward for them, starting with a foray to another Ritual Spell-referenced monster being brought into the fold: Novox, she who once called up the Skull Guardian.

P.S. This Set is COMPLETE!

Element/Doriado/Novox Support: Monsters

Spoiler

Elemental_Skull_Guardian.png

Elemental Skull Guardian/DARK/Warrior-Type Effect Monster/Level 7/2050 ATK/2500 DEF

Lore: If this card is in your hand or GY (Quick Effect): You can banish other monsters from your GY, including 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster whose total Levels exactly equal 7 or 9; Special Summon this card. During your Main Phase 2: You can add from your Deck to your hand, 1 Ritual Spell or 1 "Ritual  Release", and if you do, this card loses 700 ATK. During your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 LIGHT or DARK monster you control; destroy all other cards in its column, and if you do, this card gains 700 ATK. You can only use each effect of "Elemental Skull Guardian" once per turn.

Lightray Doriado by BDSceptyr

Lightray Doriado/LIGHT/Spellcaster-Type Fusion Pendulum Effect Monster/Level 3/1200 ATK/1400 DEF

Scales: 2/2

Pendulum Lore: All monsters your opponent controls lose 600 ATK/DEF, except LIGHT monsters. If the effect of a card in your opponent possession that targeted a LIGHT monster and/or Fusion Monster(s) you control resolves, negate that effect, then banish 1 card in your Pendulum Zone.

Lore: 2 Level  3 or higher LIGHT monsters, except a Fusion Monster
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by banishing the above cards whose total Levels equal 9 or more from your GY (in which case, you do not use "Polymerization"), and then can be Pendulum Summoned. All monsters on the field also become LIGHT. Once per turn: You can banish 1 LIGHT monster from your hand or Deck; draw 1 card. (Quick Effect): You can banish 3 LIGHT monsters from your GY; place this card in your GY or face-up in your Extra Deck in your Pendulum Zone.

Elemental Apprentice Novox by BDSceptyr

Elemental Apprentice Novox/DARK/Spellcaster-Type Fusion Effect Monster/Level 3/1300 ATK/1300 DEF

Lore: 1 Spellcaster monster + 1 monster that specifically lists 2 or more Attributes in its text
If this card is Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials: You can Special Summon 1 LIGHT Ritual Monster from your Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. The Attribute of all monsters on the field and in the GYs also become DARK. If this card is sent to the GY: You can add 1 Level 3 or 9 Spellcaster monster from your Deck and 1 of your "Ritual" Spells or 1 "Doriado's Judgment" that is either banished or in your GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Elemental Apprentice Novox" once per turn.

Elemental Synthesis Dragonovox by BDSceptyr

Elemental Synthesis Dragonovox/DARK/Spellcaster-Type Fusion Effect Monster/Level 9/0 ATK/0 DEF

Lore: 1 Spellcaster Ritual Monster + 1 LIGHT or DARK monster
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by Tributing the above monsters you control with different Attributes while you control "Homunculi's Haven" (in which case, you do not use "Polymerization".) Gains 1100 ATK for each different Attribute among the monsters on the field. Neither player can Special Summon monsters from their hand with the same Attribute as a monster on the field. Once per turn: You can Fusion Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by shuffling Fusion Materials listed on it from your field or GY into the Deck.

Elemental Guardian Brainovox by BDSceptyr

Elemental Guardian Brainovox/Level 4/Spellcaster-Type Ritual Effect Monster/Level 4/650 ATK/1200 DEF

Lore: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Doriado's Judgment". Cannot be destroyed by battle. Each time your opponent Summons a LIGHT and/or DARK monster(s), or activates a monster effect when they control a LIGHT or DARK monster(s), inflict 600 damage to your opponent. All Spellcaster Ritual Monsters you control can attack directly while in face-up Defense Position. If they do, apply their original DEF +800 for damage calculation.

Element/Doriado/Novox Support: Spells

Spoiler

Doriado's Judgment by BDSceptyr

Doriado's Judgement/Ritual Spell Card

Lore: This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Level 3 or 4 Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or banish 1 WIND, WATER, FIRE or EARTH monster from your opponent's GY, whose total Levels exactly equals the Ritual Monster's Level. If you control "Elemental Mistress Doriado" or "Elemental Apprentice Novox": You can banish this card from your GY; add 1 "Elemental Grace Doriado" from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each different Attribute among the monsters currently on the field.    

Beacon of the Elemental Mistress by BDSceptyr

Beacon of the Elemental Mistress/Normal Spell Card

Lore: Discard 1 card; add 1 Level 3 or 4 monster that specifically lists 2 or more Attributes on it from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, add 1 Ritual Spell from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 Ritual or Fusion Monster on the field: destroy it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 9 or lower Spellcaster Monster with that target's original Attribute specifically listed in its text from your hand or GY, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only use 1 "Beacon of the Elemental Mistress" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Ritual Release by BDSceptyr

Ritual Release/Normal Spell Card

Lore: Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using 1 monster you control and 1 Ritual Monster in your Deck as the Fusion Materials. It cannot be destroyed by monster effects, also it cannot be targeted by other monsters' effects. After this effect resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck, except Fusion Monsters. You can only activate 1 "Ritual Release" per turn.

Novox's Conflux by BDSceptyr

Novox's Conflux/Normal Trap Card

Lore: When a monster(s) is Special Summoned to the field whose Attribute is specifically listed on an "Element" non-Warrior monster or "Doriado" monster you control: Destroy those monsters, and if you do, all monsters with the same Attribute as those monsters cannot activate their effects for the rest of this turn. You can banish this card from your GY; add 1 "Beacon of the Elemental Mistress" from your Deck to your hand, then you can activate 1 Ritual Spell from your hand. You can only use each effect of "Conflux of Doriado" once per turn.

Enjoy the story, folks-more will be coming. BD'S, signing off.

UPDATE I: NEW Doriado, and a final form for the new Novox. As well as some new art. What more could one ask for? Find out next Wednesday!

UPDATE II: Novox's Conflux and Beacon of the Elemental Mistress is up...and so is the powerful Main Deck monster known as the Elemental Skull Guardian, in a new form!

Edited by Black D'Sceptyr
Update with final 3 cards/arts!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By |0P|
      A semi-joke retrain of my favorite fusion monster along with a counterpart. I've made no attempt to balance either of these but tried to make them somewhat realistic and at least usable in a casual game.
      Sanwitch of Forbidden Arts
      Spellcaster/Fusion/DARK/Lv6/ATK2100/DEF1800
      "1 Level 3 Fiend monster + 1 Level 4 Spellcaster monster
      The first time each turn a monster you control is sent from the field to the GY; add one monster from your deck to your hand with ATK less than or equal to that sent monster, then this card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the added monster, you can only activate this effect of "Sanwitch of The Forbidden Arts" once per turn. If this card would be removed from the field you can banish one "Sangan" or "Witch of the Black Forest" from your GY instead"
      Goddess of The Chestnut Grove
      Fairy/Fusion/LIGHT/Lv4/ATK1500/DEF1200
      ""Kuriboh" + "Goddess with the Third Eye"
      Once per turn, when a monster you control is targeted for an attack, you can reveal one Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck that lists that targeted monster; tribute that monster and discard monsters from your hand equal to the number of other listed Fusion Materials, then Special Summon that revealed Fusion Monster (this is treated as a Fusion Summon) and it becomes the attack target instead. This card cannot be targeted for attacks or your opponent's card effects while you control another Fusion Monster."
    • By LordCowCow
      Match ends 3/11 6 PM CST
    • By TKk
      I've always been a huge fan of the first YGO series. There's something that's so distinct about Kazuki Takahashi's style, even today (despite how censored the anime is, even in the Japanese version). So I thought it would be fun to take some of the weird, and often completely situational, anime-only cards and imagine what they might need to do to stand a chance in the incredibly fast-paced modern game. This time the theme of choice is Joey's Landstar monsters that only appear 1 time in the filler arc during his battle against Siegfried von Schroeder and his Valkyries.

This whole deck starts with the real life card Swordsman of Landstar, or the much more relevant retrain, Comrade Swordsman of Landstar. To me this means that the Landstar archetype should be one that supports either Warriors, EARTH monsters, or just the idea of maintaining board presence the entire Duel. The fact that it is a Tuner offers some support, but I wasn't about to spend time trying to draw a Level 6 Landstar Synchro monster because I suck at drawing.
      https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Comrade_Swordsman_of_Landstar
       Rifleman of Landstar
      Rifleman is the first to attack. It makes sense that as the marksman of the group, he makes his move, and that signals his fellow warriors to battle. Thus he can attack directly and freely, in order to guarantee his effect will go off at least one time. He cannot summon copies of himself, his attack points are low enough that they're only significant if allowed to continue for multiple turns, and because he needs to attack, any further advantage needs to wait for Main Phase 2. All of these strengths and weakness put together, I think, make for interesting card design that encourages strategy and interaction.

Grappler of Landstar:
      When I see Grappler and how he's dressed, its very clear he's designed after the US Army Special Forces (aka the "Green Berets"). That makes me think he needs to know how to hurt monsters and not get hurt back. Each of his abilities gives him a good mix of offensive and defense, and combined with the next card "Knight of Landstar", allows him to keep picking off monsters 1 after another (or at least removing them as a threat when attacking).

Knight of Landstar:
      Knight needs to be able to protect his fellow Landstarians. In order to do that in a competitive sense, he needs to be flexible enough to adapt to the situation. While on the field, he blocks attacks on the typically weak monsters, while also preventing them from being picked off by efficient spot removal effects that would kill this strategy instantly. While in the hand, he provides an opportunity for surprise and gives a window for Grappler to safely take down a big threat that might otherwise also have been protected by effects that target. Lastly, being able to Special Summon himself is invaluable, as he otherwise has no use once he's discarded and there are no other means use this effect again.
      I wish I could've made his text smaller, but when looking for cards as reference, I really only saw that first effect written as is on newer cards, and I do believe all of the effects are necessary.

Landstar Forces:
      This is a hard card to balance. In the anime, it pretty much has the same effect but with no restrictions. Even with only Fusion monsters in the Extra Deck, that is still a pretty powerful effect when you consider Tribute Summons. That being said, even with the work I've done here, this archetype is not that powerful and needs a card like this to help them maintain board presence. I think just keeping it to EARTH Warriors is fair enough. There are not very many good Level 6 Synchro monsters that qualify, M-X-Saber Invoker is banned, and relevant Link monsters are pretty much limited to Gouki. It's possible that this card would still be underpowered if they could attack too, but its probably best to keep the card future-proof from power creeps.

Landstar Shot:
      Probably the weirdest of the Landstar cards, this one could originally only be equipped to Rifleman. That sucked so I changed it ?. Now it can be equipped to any Landstar monster, gives the DEF boost too (because why not?) and accomplishes the goal of protecting other cards that need to attack (like Grappler) while still making Rifleman more of a problem (1500 per turn is starting to become painful, even in a meta where LP don't matter very much). The last effect is to give it some utility in cases where it is destroyed immediately (or a similar situation where it can't be used). You just cannot run cards like this without some back up effect, and honestly nothing else felt right when I designed it. A little arbitrary, but I think its forgivable.
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Performance of the Garma Sword
      DARK | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Warrior/Ritual/Pendulum/Effect | <6>
      2550 ATK | 1850 DEF
      Effect: Once per turn: You can send 1 Ritual Spell or Ritual Monster from your hand to the GY; Negate the effects of all monsters Special Summoned after this effect's activation until your opponent's next End Phase. If this card you control would be destroyed: You can banish 1 Ritual Spell or Ritual Monster from your hand, Deck or GY instead.
      Pendulum Effect: This card can Ritual Summon itself from the Pendulum Zone. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 7 or more.

This was an idea I had in mind for a while. Originally I was just going to make a Fusion/Pendulum that had to be made from the old Performance of the Sword and Garma Sword, but Garma Sword is a rare piece of cardboard in this day and age, going for over $100 on ebay, etc. Really took the wind out of my sails. So instead she's more of a retrained Ritual of both the original cards, with the design being as if the Performance of the Sword/Commencement Dance girl is performing the Garma Sword Oath, etc. The reason I'm putting her here in Experimental instead of Singles is because A) As far as I know there has never been a Ritual Pendulum before so I'm not really sure how far I can take the "Ritual Summons itself" idea, and B) I really didn't know what to do for her effect. Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Aria 51
      Main Deck Pends (2)
      Spells (3)
      Fusions (5)
      Trap (1)
      Boss Monster (1)

Explanation:
      Rising Star is the main engine card can the deck kind of needs him to operate, thus having 2 built in ways to special summon him from the deck.
      Star Mentor not only acts as a way to grab Rising Star, but he helps keep your board intact by providing protection to all Masquerades besides himself.
      2 of the 3 spells, Change and Rising Curtain, are stand ins for if you need to use the effects of Star Mentor or Rising Star but are unable to for one reason or another.
      The 5 Fusions act as a utility Toolbox, and a very reactionary one at that.
      The Show Must Go On is a 242 searcher can can help you recover if you happen to get overwhelmed.
      Finally, 5 Star is a big end-all finisher that isn't super difficult to pull off, and if you happen to not be able to finish your opponent, it floats into another Fusion so you can continue your plays normally.

First time posting customs to this site, so am happy to receive some feedback.