LordCowCow

MechA cademy [IC/PG-13/Co-Hosted by Skaia/Not Accepting]

Stella braced herself for what would happen next as the sarcophagus was opened, being shocked as what rolled out was some kind of robot. Stella wasn't quite sure what she was expecting, though a robot was definitely not what it was, and so she was somehow relieved by the non-curse-ghost sight. Of course, this was suddenly replaced with immediate worry as the robot still seemed to be operational and seemed to hone in on the person who had opened it. An immediate sense of dread filled the room as everyone started to make their way towards it or try to assess the situation. However, Stella stayed firmly in her seat. There was no way she could be any more help in a physical altercation than Vivian or Kelsey, she didn't have eagle sharp eyes or actual knowledge on where the robot was likely being powered from and while she did have paper, she felt that the string of paper that her other eccentric classmate had pulled out was somewhat different then her notebook. So, the girl did the only thing she could think to do. Sit. Stay in place. Watch. And take notes. She didn't know what good it would do, but it was all she could think to do at this moment. 

zK42sgC.png?1

"That is a robot, not a curse." Was the only thing that Xa'tok could think to say in the moment as the sarcophagus opened and out reached a peculiarly shaped android. His expression flat and mouth slightly open after he finished speaking. This was, well, not something he had any real idea of how to deal with in the moment. Thus he spent a good few seconds just staring at what was happening in front of him before he even thought to intervene. By the time it occurred to him that something could potentially be done, chaos was already unfolding as the rest of the class began reacting to it. Well, it wasn't a curse, but maybe magic could still provide an answer.

"Spirits of electricity, who flow through metal like blood through veins," he said as he began tracing a jagged symbol, akin in shape to a branching lightning bolt, through the air, "lend me your aid." He had no way of knowing if any such spirits would respond to him in this place, so there was just one other thing for it. Symbol or no symbol, spirits or no spirits, magic or no magic, he went right ahead and did the thing that came the most naturally to him. He reached out and grabbed the robot to try and shove it back into the sarcophagus. "Go. Back. To. Sleep!" If only he could take his own advice...

Erica's metal fan merely bounced off the robot's arm. Leaving a slight cut along its edge. It didn't seem to cause much actual damage however and the robot reached down and grabbed the fan, clenching its hand into a fist to bend and crumple the thin metal weapon.

Off to the side Miss Charlotte raised a finger and shook it at the girl. "No weapons in class, kiddo." She was still just watching as things unfolded. Though those watching her would notice she seemed to be keeping an intent eye on the robot's movements nonetheless.

Kelsey ran up and knocked Erica to the side to take a swing at the robot. There was a loud noise of metal on metal as her fist hit the robot in the chest. Though the robot seemed to still not be affected much  by the strike. There was a small dent on its robotic body but it was clear that was as far as it went. The robot brought its arm back and hit Kelsey with an open palm. Sending her flying across the room and landing on one of the desks in the front. "Ow. That...hurt." She muttered, trying to sit back up. "This guy's a real pain. If only I had my mech here would blow this thing away." She grumbled as she stood up again, wincing as she rubbed her lower back.

When Xa'Tok started pushing the robot, surprisingly, it started moving backwards. But then there was a hissing noise and cold air came out of its legs. Afterwards its lower body seemed to lock up and planted its feet firmly on the ground. Its eyes activated a scan on Xa'Tok as well and it said, again "You are not the one."

Then it turned its upper body towards the teacher and scanned her as well. "You are the one. Trespasser. Trespasser. Trespasser." It then raised an arm towards the teacher and cold air released from around its wrist as some mechanism started to activate.

The teacher merely tapped a finger to her lips as she watched, eyes sparkling, and said "now this is interestin'."

As the robot had moved those paying attention would notice something sticking out of the robots back. Though it was still difficult from their positions to make out exactly what it was.

Spoiler

Once again, let people know what you're planning and if you want to get any more information talk to me.

hzxKAxh.pngfccpSmd.png

Surely she can take care of it.

That's what Vivian thought. After all, no teacher hired by such a fine institution would bring something as dangerous as a mysterious sarcophagus into their classroom without plans in place to deal with whatever may have been inside. Right? And in a frightening sort of way, this was exciting! Vivian had never seen something quite like the robot that came out of there before, and if it came out of that sarcophagus, it had to be old. Vivian didn't want to risk breaking something if she went down there to intervene the old-fashioned way. On which note, Kellz was still down there, and at least in Vivian's mind, she was the kind of girl who would just get back up and hit it again.

Surely she isn't that stupid.

Stupid enough to bring an unknown artifact into class and then not have any means of dealing with it if it was dangerous? If this lady really did go into tombs and catacombs but didn't even have that basic level of foresight, there was no way she would be standing in front of the classroom today, let alone as in one piece as she seemed to be. Sammi was confident she could handle the problem robot herself if it came down to it - though she was still working on the how - but simply put, there was no reason for her to have to get involved. Either she'd waste her effort solving something somebody else had a solution for, she'd get in the way of said solution, or worst of all, she'd get showered with praise and attention as the hero of the day. Plenty of people would probably love that kind of attention, but she wasn't one of them.

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

Chase kept watching everything unfold...it was becoming more and more like an absolute madhouse in this classroom now. Now this mechanized pharaoh was scanning at the teacher and now was claiming she was the one. What the "one" was in regards to this pharaoh was anyone's guess, but in Chase's thoughts...it was definitely something along the lines of the defiler of it's burial grounds and the location of his sarcophagus. It was a good thought, least in his mind, after all who WOULDN'T be a tad miffed at someone waking them from their sleep or moving their bed from one location to the next?

Nevertheless, Chase kept watching and noticed something from the back of the bot...and he was somewhat drawn to it. How didn't he notice that before? Then again, it was just now when he was focusing all of his attention at the bot itself.

That there...that might be the power source. Well, sort of a dead give away now...putting the power source on the back. Chase thought, lamenting on who would ever put a power source for something like that on the back rather than having an internal power source, but it was irrelevant right now. "Hey! It's got something on it's back. Not too sure what it is, but if I was a gambling guy...totally not, by the way...I'd wager that's the power source!"

Erica was tossed aside by the thing in front of them after the teacher spoke about weaponry. "Well, I'm sorry for trying to stay alive." She still had one of her metal fans, but wasn't gonna help much against the robot like that. When the "one" turned out to be the teacher she got up from her position and watched the things unfold in front of her. What could she do now? She then heard Chase speaking and mentioning the back of the robot. After a couple seconds, she realized that... well, it was kind of obvious. She got up and quickly ran to the robot. The advantage of being a Robattler is that her "robot" in there is more of a power suit, so she pretty much does the motion herself. She ran to the robot's arm and vaulted from it in order to land on top of the sarcophagus and see what was behind the robot. If it was a wire or a battery, she would stab it with her war fan.

Stella continued to watch as the scene unfolded before her, the group not seeming to be able to do much to stop the robot mummy thing. The girl's eyes went wide as her friend, especially, was batted away from the robot. Stella looked wide-eyed as Kelsey hit the ground, having been knocked away by the robot. The girl didn't want to get in her friend's way, and figured that she would be fine as she was able to stand up. All the same, she kept a concerned eye out for Kelsey as she looked at the others still dealing with the robot mummy. She didn't know what it was going on about when it looked at the teacher and she still didn't know exactly what she could do to stop it. But as a few others seemed to have an idea that they needed to attack the back, Stella couldn't just sit by in inaction. Knowing that she couldn't possibly swiftly get around and behind the robot, the girl figured she needed to do some kind of distraction. 

Going over to her desk, the girl picked up the notebook she had been using moments before. It wasn't much but it was something. And she was certainly going to show this ancient robotic creature, just how great paper truly was! And so, she chucked it at the robot's head. 

"Hey! It's got something on it's back. Not too sure what it is, but if I was a gambling guy...totally not, by the way...I'd wager that's the power source!"

"Oh, sure, no problem I'll just slip right by." Kelsey said, grumbling as she got off the desk and rubbed at her back. It hadn't really done much to her but the landing was less than pleasant.

Miss Charlotte gave a light laugh at Erica's words. "This here's one of those teachable moments ain't it? Well something for y'all to remember is you won't always have a weapon on hand. If ya can't protect yourself without it you shouldn't try and protect yourself with it, I think."

She pointed at Erica as the girl got onto the sarcophagus. "Like this, weapon not gonna help you when you do somethin like that."

What 'that' is became clear to Erica as, when she touched the sarcophagus, an intensely cold air came up in vents at the top of it and froze her legs in place on it. "You just hang in there till we can melt ya off, y'hear?"

Kelsey was trying to get around to the back of the robot. However the machine kept turning slightly when she did so. Adjusting itself to keep her in sight. Though it looked like whatever Xa'Tok had done had made it unable to move its legs.

When Stella's notebook hit the robot its eyes flashed and it turned again to face her directly. Raising an arm one of its hands launched off of its arm and towards the girl.

Though now that it had turned some of the others could see what was in its back more clearly.

Some kind of tubing, attached to a wide plastic-y head, connected the robot to the sarcophagus. It wasn't fully clear what the device was but it looked incredibly archaic.

fccpSmd.png

My, my. You really ARE outdated. That was the first thing Sammi thought when she saw the back of this robot. She knew what she was looking at, of course. Wires and cords were one of the few things the Kavrans of "Sammi's" time were adamant about not changing. The idea back then was that all the materials needed for them could be synthesized with the level of technology at the time, and transmitting power to large devices without them simply wasn't efficient enough for the immense machines Kavran innovation had in mind at the time. Well, at the very least, it meant that this robot "problem" would solve itself if everyone just stayed away from the thing and waited for it to walk further than its cord allowed.

Sammi did not believe in these students to do that, with her faith in the teacher not being that much better.

And now was the perfect time to do that. The robot's attention was firmly on a student on the other side of the room - rocket fists seemed cool, albeit impressively impractical the more she thought about it - and the cord was in plain sight. Sammi got up from her seat at last, unceremoniously strolling along the front row, before stopping behind this robot that probably belonged in a museum. She reached up, grabbed the plug, and simply pulled it.

Easy.

Looking on as the entire debacle unfolded, Kansuke was just approaching to try and help detain the robot-- since it looked like nobody was really making progress and it was somehow really obvious that the cord connecting it to the sarcophagus was important-- when a girl next to him stood and threw a notebook at it, immediately drawing its attention and getting a ROCKET HAND SHOT AT HER.

For some godforsaken reason, Kansuke's reflexes SCREAMED for him to interfere and, not one to shirk his reflexes, he did.

Unfortunately, Kansuke's reflexes drove him to step between the attack and the girl, catching the flying metal fist in his hands and against his chest, the latter shrieking in protest as its muscles tensed. Fortunately, the fist was ultimately little more than a large metal ball, and judging by how it hit him, it was probably only lethal if it scored a headshot. Clearly whoever had built it did not have access to particularly robust weapons technology.

Setting it down with a wince (part pain, part second-hand embarrassment) he turned to the girl he'd technically saved, wiping the corner of his mouth with his thumb.

"You alright?"

Stella was glad that her aim had been true, managing to pelt the robot dead on with her notebook. It didn't really look like she had managed to hurt it, but she wasn't really going for that. Instead, what she was actually going for seemed to have worked as the robot turned to face her. Putting up a hand, the girl stood still as she wasn't sure to expect only for the robot to fire the hand straight at her. Stella tried to move, but still being at her desk her legs were a bit tripped up and she found herself, unable to avoid the attack. The girl froze up yet again, however, as someone else jumped in the way of the metal fist for her and got knocked back. 

Looking blankly for a moment, the girl collected herself as she saw the boy in front of her turn to her. "U-uh, yeah. I'm alright. Though, I think I should be asking you that question. Are you alright?" The girl looked around at everyone else, and seeing that someone else was holding a chord next to the robot, the girl asked, "is it over?" 

Miss Charlotte let out a long whistle as she saw the robot power down. Slumping slightly as the source of its power was taken from it in one sudden tug. "Well I'll be a pickled moon rabbit." She said. "Now that's some truly ancient technology. Good job knowing how it works, er....Sammi." The teacher said, giving her student a big smile. "You must've done a lot of learnin about this kind of thing."

She strolled over towards the inactive robot and gently pushed it back into the sarcophagus. After closing the lid again she went over to Kansuke. "I'll be taking that off yer hands now." And took the detached robot hand. Tucking it under her arm she moved over towards where Erica was de-thawing. "You alright up there? Seems you'll be free right quick so hop on down when you can and get back to your seat."

She then called for everyone to be seated again, and thanked those who had moved to help out, before going back to her desk and hopping up on it. Sitting with her legs kicking idly as she looked at the class.

Kelsey let out a sigh of relief as she noticed that Stella was fine. She hurried over to the girl and asked her in a rush if she was actually fine and if she needed her to bring her to the nurse or something.

Then, begrudgingly, she nodded at Kansuke. "Thanks for helping out."

Once back in her seat, while glancing over at Stella constantly, she tried to listen to what the teacher was saying.

"Didn't I tell y'all history was amazin?" Charlotte said. "Not just anyone can say they tussled with an ancient artifact like this. Lucky devils that's what y'all are." She chuckled and then cleared her throat. "Anywho, anyone have any thoughts on what we just saw? Notice anything special-like about it? Even after actually messing with it still there's so much we can learn. Did the people model these things after themselves or some kind of 'gods' they encountered? Was this meant to protect the king's remains from intruders or maybe it WAS the king. Worshiped by the people of the land so much they made a tomb for it when they thought it died."

Her eyes were twinkling and her voice dripped with excitement as she went on. "History is full of stuff like this and I bet y'all will find something you wanna learn more about. Maybe I'll even bring some of ya with me one of these days....Well, like I said before, anyone have any theories or questions?"

Spoiler

This'll be last round before I move to the "Between classes" round so get anything about this bit you want out by next week please.

Erica was not really well with the cold rush, but she was well enough to sit, her legs feeling a bit numb. She was at least fine everyone was at least in one piece. After she saw her roommate dealing with the thing, she was able to understand the kind of artifact: not even the oldest machines made in her homeplace had a separate power source. It didn't even have batteries inside, it disconnected from the coffin and was out of service. It was something really old. Still, it was loaded with equipments, made for war. Or Robattle, she assumed, as it only needed a pilot and may wreck havoc all over the stages in Asari. It was also intelligent enough to know who actually took the device in the first place. she was sad about her battle fan, but she was still in one piece. 'Maybe I should install electric pulse systems on my war fans for a change.' Yeah, she wasn't able to move away from that idea. Then the teacher thought about the questions and all and she had one, with her most serious deadpan tone... "Are you planning on bringing more of your expeditions next class? I may need to upgrade my war fans by then." Yeah, it was THAT kind of question.

Edited by ZetaRESP

fccpSmd.png

"Now that's some truly ancient technology. Good job knowing how it works, er....Sammi. You must've done a lot of learnin about this kind of thing."

"Something like that."

As the other students took their seats and otherwise saw to the aftermath of the teacher foolishly siccing an ancient robot on an unsuspecting classroom, Sammi returned to her seat. Antics seemed to be reserved for before lessons began. Good to keep that in mind. Sammi found herself tuning out most of what Ms. Charlotte said as she rambled on about how exciting history was and how this classroom was lucky enough to get to witness something like this in the first place. Nevermind the fact that she had probably just endangered the whole class and led to no less than two students receiving injuries. Nothing serious enough to warrant a trip to the nurse's office, but still.

That's the biggest problem with flesh and bone, isn't it? So frail. And temporary.

"History is full of stuff like this and I bet y'all will find something you wanna learn more about. Maybe I'll even bring some of ya with me one of these days....Well, like I said before, anyone have any theories or questions?"

Right, the robot. The only thing Sammi knew for sure was that this thing was extremely old. "It's probably one of the earliest robots of whatever planet it's from," Sammi proposed. "Possibly even a prototype of a civilization's first attempt at robotics. Going wireless is often one of the first and most important steps forward in any civilization's progress with robots. The only reason to keep one on a leash like that would be if its creators were afraid of it going rogue. But if you created or treated your robot poorly enough for it to go rogue, you had it coming when it gets its hands on you."

hzxKAxh.png

"Maybe it's faulty?" Vivian suggested from the back row. "A bad power core or something, and it has to stay plugged in because of it? Maybe the sarcophagus is an escape pod of some kind and it got damaged when dropping down to a new planet!" What a wild story that would be! But, as they did say, reality was often stranger than fiction. And honestly, that was just about the strangest idea Vivian could come up with. The idea of a robot having to be plugged in was already weird enough. That Sammi girl sure seemed to know her stuff, though! Kudos to her!

FrN9afL.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

From the looks of the...archaic device the mummy had, someone definitely had a way of stopping it, which relieved Chase some, who still was watching but didn't have much else to contribute towards. He saw a solution and pointed it out...right now, he couldn't risk moving forward and possibly stepping in anyone's way who actually had a plan.

"Anywho, anyone have any thoughts on what we just saw? Notice anything special-like about it? Even after actually messing with it still there's so much we can learn. Did the people model these things after themselves or some kind of 'gods' they encountered? Was this meant to protect the king's remains from intruders or maybe it WAS the king. Worshiped by the people of the land so much they made a tomb for it when they thought it died. History is full of stuff like this and I bet y'all will find something you wanna learn more about. Maybe I'll even bring some of ya with me one of these days....Well, like I said before, anyone have any theories or questions?"

Chase remained silent for a moment, trying to think of a possibility on where to start with a theory on this little robo-mummy. Though the theories basically came forth from two...Sammi, the one who stopped the mummy, and Vivian.

"It's probably one of the earliest robots of whatever planet it's from. Possibly even a prototype of a civilization's first attempt at robotics."
"Maybe it's faulty? A bad power core or something, and it has to stay plugged in because of it? Maybe the sarcophagus is an escape pod of some kind and it got damaged when dropping down to a new planet!"

Still, Chase remained silent, rubbing his chin slightly before finally speaking up. "I believe it might've been a sort of guardian of the monarchy from it's era. While it resembles that of what it's superior may look like, maybe that was just a bit of flair and flavor that the civilization wished for it to have. Possibly to make others know that this was their ruler's personal guardians or to make them resemble their ruler due to having a lot of respect for them...sort of idolizing them."

"Though for the 'You're not the one' thing going on there...maybe it's recognizing particles or did a possible scan to find traces of where it once was...and you just so happened to fit the bill of the person who disturbed it. Honestly, I'm unsure about this...too many variables to account for."

Kansuke shrugged at Stella's response. "Eh. Wasn't exactly lethal." Handing off the fist to the professor, he gave a straight-backed salute and made his way back to his seat.

Kansuke could readily admit he wasn't disposed to this sort of thing, and it held little interest for him. But it was class, and the theories bouncing around were at least entertaining to consider. So, he kept quiet and gave it his attention.

I wonder if you could rig a Mecha to launch a fist off like that...

Stella was glad at least to see that the boy who had jumped in her way hadn't suffered any real damage. Or at least, anything he felt worth mentioning. As the boy went back to his seat, Stella smiled as Kelsey seemed to be worried about her, Stella holding her arms out to either side saying, "I'm fine. See?" Stella was about to ask the girl about her own injuries, as the robot had seemed to rough her up plenty as well, though the class was called to attention and back to their seats before she could. 

As Stella sat back down, she listened as their teacher had told them about  the wonders of history. It was certainly a more hands on class then she was expecting, though with the first class also having been assaulted by a dog, she was starting to wonder if this was more the norm then anything else. All the same, the girl started to write down notes as the class discussed about the robot they had just encounter. Pondering on what was said, Stella then said aloud, "but having such an obvious weakness and short range with a plug doesn't make much sense for a guardian. It wasn't all that deadly either." Tapping her chin, she looked at it again and said, "maybe it was just a museum exhibit or something to showcase an old king? Though, it was pretty violent and the choosing stuff wouldn't make much sense then either..."

Charlotte gave a wide grin to the class as several of them gave some answers. "Well I'll be. Look at you go." She said. "Lovin these ideas. That's exactly the kind of thinkin that I expect from my students!" She pointed at Stella in a finger-gun pose and mimed taking a shot. "That's a good point right there. Seems a bit weird to have a protector that can't go far from its spot. But all this is just speculation. Can't know unless we get more information." Her eyes sparkled. "Might want to go back there and take some of y'all with....Getting ahead of myself."

She cleared her throat and pushed off of her desk. Moving closer to the class she nodded. "Listen up. I got a bit of a task for y'all, ya hear?"

There were some groans in the classroom and she waved a hand. "Aw don't give me that. It'll be fun, fun! I want y'all to know all about the joy of history but we gotta start small. Y'all will be paired up, take a look at the screen in front of you, and by this time next week I want a short little report about the history of some location in the city. Don't gotta be something ancient. Just want y'all to get a feel for this city is all."

Each of their screens would light up with a name and picture of one of the other students in their class and that would be who would be their partner for this assignment.

A few minutes later the bell signalling it was time to get ready for the next class sounded. Before Erica could leave, however, the teacher put herself in front of the girl and held out her hand. "Like I said, not supposed to keep weapons. Hand it over little lady."

Spoiler

So that's the end of class. Figure out who the partner for this assignment will be OOCly first before putting it in the IC. It can be any of the other students, those your character knows or otherwise, as long as you get the okay from the other person.

If you want one of the NPCs to be your partner let me know and I'll give you their name and appearance.

Other than that just get ready for next class and get any interaction you want before that done. Next up will be Mechanics.

Also yes Erica can't get away with keeping her fans now.

Didn't put Kelsey stuff up cause waiting in case someone wants to partner up with her.

With her thoughts now being occupied on the topic, Stella was beginning to try and figure out just what the story behind the robot was. She didn't know much about ancient cultures, nor did she know much about robots for that matter. The girl couldn't help but frown as well when the teacher herself didn't have much of an answer either, but she supposed it only made sense if they really were more of a "hands on," so to speak, teacher. The girl looked towards the teacher as she said something about them having a project do. Even if Stella was a bit of an academic, she wasn't exactly one to enjoy having a first day project either - especially not one that had to deal with exploring the city. Stella was not a very expeditious girl and looking at the screen, she was not lucky enough to have Kelsey as a partner. 

Instead, it was a young girl by the name of Blossom Artem. Standing up from her seat, the girl walked over to Blossom's desk and looked at the girl. Stella wasn't exactly the best at talking to new people but for the sake of her project she would have to. So, clearing her throat the girl said, "I'm Stella, your partner." Stella paused for a moment as she felt a tad ridiculous stating something so incredibly obvious, feeling like she might've been somewhat insulting to the girl. "Let's do a good job on this project. We can figure out where to go later after school."

Erica gave the teacher her remaining fan reluctantly... very reluctantly. She already lost one in the battle with the robot, which she observed was really ancient, even more than what little culture her own nation had, and losing the other due to this rule was really not good in her mind, specially after what happened in the elevator. This and the fact that already two classes in and she ended up fighting a robot and a dog was not good. However... she doesn't feel that bad about the fights themselves, but about the fact she was disarmed. "Understood, but if the next classes kill me, I must warn that you shall be the target of my future haunting. I hope you understand." After deadpanning that in the most serious mono-tone she could muster, she bowed and left for the next class, not having checked who her partner was yet, but having some sort of idea of what she can do her work around...

With all the pairs having been discovered, Kelsey ending up with the goody-two-shoes that had given some of them grief on the Finback, it was soon time for the next class.

"Mechanics eh?" Kelsey said as she looked at the word on the screen above the room they had been directed to. She nudged Stella's arm. "Bet you're excited for this one. I'm sure the teacher won't be anything like that old junk man right?"

Upon entering the room it was clear it was different than the previous two. The desks were all on one level and were much larger. In fact instead of desks there was a large number of tables. With large toolboxes on each end. The tables were big enough for two to four people to feasibly sit at. As there was no teacher at the desk at front the students meandered around until they had settled at whatever tables they ended up picking.

It was a few minuted after the bell chimed for class to begin and still no sign of the teacher. A few more minutes past and the door banged open. The vice principal came in, dragging the teacher along with. She lifted her up and forced her upright, as the young woman was focused entirely on fiddling with some kind of device. Clearing her throat the woman who dragged her in said "I know the principal put faith in you but you can't just keep forgetting your own class." With that she spun on her heels and walked out.

Several moments passed and the teacher glanced up. "Oh. Hello." She said. "Right this is the Mechanics class. I suppose that makes me the teacher. Miss Patete is fine. Or Florence. Whatever really." She was silent for a bit. "I don't think I have to explain how important Mechanics is right? Right. So here. Let's get started." She then moved over to her desk and pressed a button.

Behind them the wall split open and a huge pile of junk, metal, plastic, glass, much of it looking to be parts of a multitude of devices. In some cases whole devices, such as a microwave and an old fashioned radio, were among the pieces. "I have no idea what's in there. Make something by the end of the class. I don't care what. Work with whoever you want to."

With that she sat down at her chair and went back to the device she had been holding. Messing with various knobs and muttering to herself.

Spoiler

It's as she said. She doesn't know what's in the pile and neither do I.

Also given what was said in chat I've determined the groups for the History Project shall be.....

Stella and Blossom (NPC)
Kelsey and Bianca (NPC)
Sammi and Xa'Tok
Vivian and Kansuke
Erica and Chase

Erica sat in a table, not really seeing anyone who's name she had learned... of course, she only knew like 6 names, mainly Xa'tok, Sammi and Bianca, but none of them were there. She looked at the toolboxes and began to see what the tools were in there before the teacher was dragged in. 'Well, at least this class is not likely to kill me...' She waited for the class... only for the teacher to reveal raw materials in a hidden wall. She was somewhat surprised, but she went to the wall and did grabbed something. As she saw the stuff in there, including a bunch of metal parts and all, she thought for a second what she could make with all this. She went, of course, for the gears and the most rustic looking pieces of metal, she was gonna make something that was mostly decorative, but had some function, but she wasn't decided what. She then saw the microwave thing and picked it up. she then went to the table and... well, for once, she decided to see who she was with. "So, what do you all think?"

Stella was indeed smiling as Kelsey had nudged her and told her about the next class. Yesterday's ventures had given Stella a new appreciation for them and as a result, this was perhaps the class she had been most excited for today. Though, she couldn't help but feel a bit of looming dread, thinking about what could go wrong next in their class. Sitting down, the girl looked towards the head of the classroom, seeing the time pass by as she was awaiting the teacher to come into the room. Minutes passed, and Stella was starting to wonder if the teacher would show up or not, when she finally did. Of the teachers she had met so far, this one had definitely seemed the least...teacher like, but as she was here Stella figured that she at least likely knew her stuff. 

As the woman then went on to give a bare-bones explanation of their class and the subject for today, Stella made her way over to the wall of all different kinds of machinery. Furrowing her brow, the girl looked at  the wall as she tried to figure out where to possibly start on such an incredibly vague subject. As she heard someone else speak up, Stella's concerned expression moved between the wall and the teacher. "I think...she's completely serious." 

Well, there was no sense freezing up and lamenting her situation. The only thing to do was get to work! And, if she didn't know much about mechanics then she would just have to start with what she knew. Picking up the broken old fashioned radio and picking up a wrench, the girl raised the wrench up overhead and tapped the radio with it. Tapping it a few more times, Stella blinked as nothing had seemed to change. Looking to Kelsey and Vivian, Stella simply said, "mechanics is a lot harder then it looks."

fccpSmd.png

At the end of history class, Sammi had been assigned a partner. She recognized the face, and the name. Xa'tok, of the Xul-Tuk tribe who were probably glorified hobos. Sammi had briefly met him on the Finback. Together they would have to research a part of the city's history. It sounded easy, but also inconvenient. If she was being quite honest, Sammi would have preferred to just do the assignment alone. Maybe she could interest this boy in an easy passing grade by just letting her do all the work. She would have to ask about that after classes were out for the day. For now, it was time to get to mechanics class.

A class with an impressively unenthusiastic teacher, who didn't even know what was in the pile of scrap metal she'd thrown together. All the students had to do was make something by the end of class. Anything. Were this a work of fiction, in which robots for some reason were all master mechanics, this would be a piece of cake. But it was not, and she was not, and Sammi in fact had very little mechanics know-how. Well, best get to work then.

hzxKAxh.png

"Mechanics is a lot harder then it looks."

Stella took the words right out of Vivian's mouth. "You can say that again," she nodded. "I live with a mechanic and I still don't understand how any of it works." Although, military mech engineering was probably quite a bit different from cobbling together a toaster or some other basic appliance. Was she allowed to call home and ask for some pointers? What time was it even in her city right now? Being off-planet - even if it hadn't been for long - was really screwing with her mental clock. And because her phone was set to keep track of the time of whatever planet she was on, it wasn't like she could just check like that. Instead, she stood there and thought really hard for a bit.

It was stupid. But she did have an idea. And no idea how to make it work. Directing her attention to Kellz, Vivian nodded toward her prosthetic arm. "Do you want an extra finger on there? Making something small but super useful is a good idea, I was thinking."

Kansuke's temples throbbed with psychosomatic pain when he saw the science teacher. Honestly he wasn't entirely sure about the implants she'd plugged into him, but he figured he could handle the task they'd given him.

Approaching the pile of junk, he decided to make something simple, mechanically speaking. He just needed the right parts.

After scavenging a motorcycle's handbrake, some curved metal plates, a suitably-sized battery (that, after shocking himself, he decided held more than enough power), and a few different bulbs, he began assembling what basically amounted to a flashlight that only worked as long as you held the trigger down. Was it particularly exciting? No, but after seeing some girl's weapon confiscated in the last class, he figured partway through gathering the parts that building a crossbow would land him in trouble. Besides, based on the shape the parts made in his mind, he figured he could still reliably club a person's eyeballs out with it.