radio414

radio414 rates music thread

17 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

classic karaoke trap of making you sing the backing vocals yourself too been there 7.5/10

1 hour ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

listen i grew up on dunks of this song, i dont think even with me acknowledging my biases like this you're going to convince me I like it actually a decade later.

it's fine 5/10 but lmao i'm glad justice sued over those crosses because those really are similar huh

OP Suggestion: more like "in untertovv" amirite? 7.5/10

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

why does it have to be a man barry what if a woman put the bomp in the bomp ba bomp ba bomp

or what if seperate people did the ram a lama ding dong and the bop shoo bop shoo bop what then barry

7.5/10

17 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

It's nice to finally know where "last name ever first name greatest" came from but I'm not sure I could remember a single line from the rest of it, felt like four disparate styles with no cohesion and a hook that was kinda sus to begin with 5.5/10

OP Suggestion: feeling moody tonight have some moody blues 7/10

On 8/16/2021 at 10:57 PM, LordCowCow said:

timon is a meerkat but he's sure as heck not charismatic come on ms mori have better taste

5.5/10 more on me not liking hakuna matata that much than the singers there is fun banter involved

23 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

8/10 for similar reasons; the original metallica song is really strong tho i'm not sure what chris adds to it besides a bit of a twang.

OP Suggestion: new aldous harding is pretty fun 7/10 (i say new in the "just getting around to listening i know it was posted in june and time is weird these days whatever")

13 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

am i supposed to know what anime this is from?

Sure I dig it 7.5/10

11 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

it's missing something without being blasted on stadium speakers every time the opposing team is on third down or whatever but sure 7/10

OP Suggestion: Not helping you pronounce this one figure it out for yourself 6.5/10 tho it sounds nice

21 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

me at the start: oh that's where those sound clips come from

me at the end: oh that's why people only play those clips, it's because that's basically all there is 5.5/10

OP Suggestion: Lala Lala has a new album coming out in October and this new song from it sounds pretty good tbh, maybe I'm a sucker for background synths. 7/10 

On 8/20/2021 at 2:44 AM, The Chayncemaniac said:

sure! 7.5/10

On 8/20/2021 at 3:01 AM, LordCowCow said:

7/10 choruses lasted a little too long for me but was overall pretty fun sure

OP Suggestion: Still been in a chiller music sort of mood recently (it's either that or Lingua Ignota) 7.5/10 

21 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

Good hook, obviously, and I enjoyed it but it was kind of just... there tbh 6/10

3 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Has some good moments but it kinda just ends huh 6/10

OP Suggestion: Allergies are acting up so I can relate to at least half of this band name and also the song is good too, good example of where australian rock is right now 8/10 

On 8/22/2021 at 11:12 PM, The Chayncemaniac said:

I get that the singer is trying to be self-aware about his issues but the music video kind of counteracts that, yeah? "What did you expect" lines also gave me kind of weird feelings idk how to describe it 5.5/10

OP Suggestion: This is one of those "wait that song was only ninety seconds long" songs but it sure is iconic 7/10 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:25 PM, LordCowCow said:

6.5/10 now do a song about times new roman, sergei

23 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

5/10 kinda just there, also kind of weird to have a "shout out to my haters" song be so downtempo

OP Suggestion: You ever just want to ramble? 7/10