radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 6/24/2021 at 7:36 PM, LordCowCow said:

the fact that there is a legend of zelda manga means this is also a weeby song

amazed that smooth mcgroove is still going tbh 7/10

OP Suggestion: Wikipedia says Will Wood is "avant-pop" which, uh, feels like a cop out answer but I'm not sure I have a better label for it. Dark Cabaret? Sure. Anyway, song's great 8/10 

20 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

wait when did this become a sound of music cover album was it always like this 7/10

8 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

Honestly just made me want to listen to the original song, dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing but covers like that are generally a 6/10 from me

OP Suggestion: Martha Skye Murphy's new song starts seeming like a mellow acoustic affair but the edges start to fray rather quickly with electronic effects and static, which only increases the sense of dread her vocals already provide 7.5/10 

23 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Listened to it a couple times and I couldn't really shake the feeling of "that's it?" I got the first time 6/10

OP Suggestion: Been listening to Fatboy Slim again recently, so here's some of that 8/10

On 6/28/2021 at 2:04 AM, LordCowCow said:

Is good but definitely needs a video of the dance to go with it (not that i could find one with a cursory search) 7/10

16 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

but i'm not a pisces i'm an- oh okay

Started out pretty strong but lost me about halfway through, I think. 6/10

OP Suggestion: Branching out from last time into more sample-based music (or "plunderphonic" I guess which feels mean to say), here's from an album aiming to skewer the marketing arms of major soft drink corporations by drawing from their extensive library of advertisements. I don't think it works all the time but it's definitely worth a listen 7/10

On 6/29/2021 at 5:08 PM, LordCowCow said:

you're not going to believe this but this song kind of sounds like frank zappa's peaches en regalia

6.5/10

21 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

7/10 was in the mood for it right now

OP Suggestion: Another indie band, another new album, it's like 2021 every artist ever decided they needed to release something (tbf they probably did) 7/10 

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

unfortunately i can't think of this song without thinking of the anime with a similar title but it is a good song so, uh 7.5/10

21 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

Not bad, doesn't overstay its welcome but also doesn't do a lot for me personally 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: Someone called this "glam rock-inspired" and I guess? It's certainly got style going for it 7.5/10 

23 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

barns courtney: ? saw this guy in concert a couple years ago

it's the music video with the weird beats ad in the middle interrupting the song oh no ? song is good though 8/10

23 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I liked both ends of it but I'm not sure about the middle 6/10

OP Suggestion: Have a song about problems with the British Royal Family in 1987, it's very fun despite the morbid tone 7.5/10

On 7/3/2021 at 3:35 AM, LordCowCow said:

dunno if i'm goff enough to fully appreciate this song but sure 7/10

5 hours ago, yui said:

wait why this specific song- ohh daveed diggs right

Definitely still missing something without History Has Its Eyes On You and Yorktown following it but still 7/10

OP Suggestion: Gaspar Auge, one half of Justice, has a new album out and it's very very good. This is the lead-off song from that album and it just starts as it means to go on 9/10

On 7/5/2021 at 1:12 AM, LordCowCow said:

I admit it didn't start out great but it improved as it went along 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: In the mood for some chill jazz this afternoon 7/10

2 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

"it's supposed to be a disney movie not a star wars movie" thinking_emoji

also you very much cribbed that monolog from the land before time which is also a disney movie now jonathan come on

7/10 can see how it would get stuck in your head

OP Suggestion: New TFS? Don't mind if I do 7.5/10