Fearen

Flint Support/Archetype (Written)

Flint, Flint Missile, and Flint Lock are real cards based on a konami game that I thought were super cool, but they never got any real support, so I decided to make them into an archetype. There are only 3 cards in the game in this archetype, but I managed to make some support I think that fit them and the game itself pretty thematically. The archetype is broken into the Flint Lock monsters, 2 support continuous traps, some quick-play spells that are mostly used for removal and set up, and the field spell of the archetype, Planet E-Square.

Monsters

Spoiler

Flint Lock
Light
Level 4
Machine/Effect
Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up "Flint"; equip that target to this card. You can target 1 "Flint" equipped to this card and 1 other appropriate monster on the field; equip that "Flint" to that appropriate monster. While this card is equipped with "Flint", it is unaffected by "Flint" and cannot be destroyed by battle.
1500/800

This one's a real card, but I updated the text with some PSCT.

Flint Lock #2
Light
Level 4
Machine/Effect
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Flint" from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up "Flint" and 1 appropriate monster on the field; equip that "Flint" to that appropriate monster. While this card is equipped with "Flint" it is unaffected by other card's effects.
1500/800

Flint Lock TMF-01
Light
Level 4
Machine/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 4 Monsters
Once per chain, during damage calculation, if this card battles an opponent's monster with higher ATK (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Double this cards ATK until the end of the Battle Phase. If this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster equipped with "Flint" by battle, after damage calculation: it can attack once again in a row. While this card is equipped with "Flint", it is unaffected by "Flint" and your opponent cannot activate cards or effects during the Battle Phase.
1500/800

Spells

Spoiler

Flint
Equip Spell
The equipped monster loses 300 ATK and cannot change its Battle Position or attack. If the equipped monster is destroyed: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; equip this card to that target.

This one and Flint Missile are the same deal as Flint Lock where I just updated the text.

Flint Arm
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 face-up monster on the field; Equip 1 "Flint" from your Deck or GY to that target. After this card resolves, you can shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the GY.

Flint Capsule
Quick-Play Spell
Take 1 "Flint" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck, except "Flint Capsule", and either add it to your hand or set it to your Spell & Trap Card Zone. After this card resolves, you can shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the GY.

Flint Laser
Quick-Play Spell
If you control a face-up "Flint Lock" monster and a face-up "Flint": banish 1 card on the field. After this card resolves, you can shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the GY.

Flint Missile
Quick-Play Spell
Destroy 1 monster equipped with "Flint". After this card resolves, you can shuffle it into the Deck instead of sending it to the GY.

Player 2 - Start!
Quick-Play Spell
If you control a face up "Flint Lock": Special Summon "Flint Lock #2" from your Deck or GY. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can shuffle this card and 1 other Quick-Play Spell or Continuous Trap from your GY into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Flint Lock" monster from your GY or Set 1 "Flint" Quick-Play Spell from your Deck to your Spell & Trap Card Zone.

Planet E-Square
Field Spell
The effects of monsters equipped with Equip Cards are negated, except "Flint Lock" monsters. Monsters equipped with "Flint" cannot be tributed and cannot be used as a Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Material for a Summon. If a Spell or Trap Card(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck instead.

Traps

Spoiler

Charge the Enemy!
Continuous Trap
When this card is activated: You can Special Summon 1 "Flint Lock" monster from your Deck or GY. Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can draw 1 card for each "Flint" Quick-Play Spell Card with a different name that you activated this turn.

Speed Up!
Continuous Trap
You can activate "Flint" Quick-Play Spells the turn they are Set. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Flint Lock" monster in your GY; Special Summon it. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 "Flint" from your GY or face-up on your side of the field into the Deck; Set 1 "Flint" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your Spell & Trap Card Zone.

Edited by Fearen

While I do enjoy that part of them relies on Quick-Play Spells in a way reminiscent to Sky Strikers, mainly due to "Charge the Enemy!" which is like an hybrid of Multirole and Super-Rejuvenation, IMO it's missing a bit on execution. Flint Missile returns itself to the Deck so I would expect a playstyle with plenty of search power to effortlessly grab the different Flint Quick-Plays as a toolbox of sort without the need or maining maximum copies of each. Instead, you only have 1 searcher for the Flint Quick-Play Spells, which is alright, but maybe a 2nd one wouldn't hurt, perhaps in the form of a maindeck or Extra Deck monster, or allow Flint Lock #2 to grab Flint Quick-Play Spells, too. IMO that would do nicely.
Regardless, I very much like how these look. Quick disruption by equipping Flint during the opponent's turn and swapping it around in combination with the effect negation from the Field Spell, while the Quick-Plays provide spell speed 2 removal. The only card I feel it's lacking is the Xyz but that's because it's specialized for OTKs.
I'm feeling like giving them a shot if they are ever uploaded in DB. As LIGHT Machines they may have some synergy with Cyber Dragons or at least Galaxy Soldier. It would be neat to give them a Link that possibly encourages Flint to be splashed in decks.

Thanks for the response! I made these forever ago so it was weird seeing sky strikers come out and feeling like the decks play in similar ways. I get what your saying about the searches and I thought that having Capsule and Speed Up! would be enough, but I've decided to take your advice and add a third to the second effect of Player 2 - Start! I didn't really want to put it on Flint Lock #2 just cause you can summon it like every turn with Speed Up! which seemed like too many searches to me without having to use it's second effect to swap out the Flints. I did also change Speed Up! to make it so that any Flint spells can be used the turn they're set to make more synergy with Player 2 and Capsule on opponent's turns.

The Xyz was mostly made for an rp so it's not really optimized, but I wouldn't be opposed to either changing it's effects or adding a link monster to the archetype as well. As for the DB thing I'd be happy to upload them, I'm just having a hard time finding card art for them.

Actually going back and thinking about this I might change it so that Player 2 stays the same and have Flint Lock #2 just search a quick-play instead of Flint since searching Flint Arm is basically the same. Or, maybe Charge could Set a spell on activation?

Edited by Fearen