radio414

radio414 rates music thread

On 6/6/2021 at 12:17 AM, LordCowCow said:

Feels kind of overdone tbh? Like that's a lot of instruments on the backing track that I don't think need to be there 5.5/10

16 hours ago, cr47t said:

it can be one or the other, or both. i'd prefer both at some point, but hey: your thread, your choice, just let me know which one is being rated

I appreciate that but, like, it's your post your choice too.

OP Suggestion: listen this song is good and i'm definitely interested in alexalone's album now (and the pinned comment from their aunt is very cute) but that rpgmaker(?) video is pretty creative too 7.5/10

was gonna show from a clip from the concert but apparently they really didn't want people doing that so, 1 felt weird sharing it and, 2, might be taken down by time you can listen so here's this

That said seeing it in the concert was pretty great

11 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

pretty cute, you're right that a concert would probably be better though, even if the organizers didn't want that shared 7/10

3 hours ago, yui said:

Not really sure how to feel still but it grew on me in the five or so listens so I guess 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: black midi's new album, Cavalcade, is out and it's really good? It's actually pretty accessible too once you get past the maelstrom that is John L too. 7.5/10 

On 6/7/2021 at 5:45 PM, The Chayncemaniac said:

Wasn't particularly a fan so I went to listen to the song this is responding to and it turns out I wasn't really a fan of that either so idk what to tell you 3/10

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

7/10 kinda brief but cute

OP Suggestion: Something like shoegaze I guess, in that it's got those drawn out, slow but still danceable movements, but entirely electronic. 8/10

don't remember if i posted this here before but if i did oh well it's a cool song anyway

15 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

do all you chayncemaniacs have to get together and fight to decide which one is THE chayncemaniac or do you take turns or

6/10 though it picked up in the second half I suppose

15 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

new season of love death robots looking groovy 6.5/10

4 hours ago, yui said:

Don't think I've heard this before. 7.5/10 pretty fun

OP Suggestion: it's an important question and i'm glad the klf are asking it 7.5/10 

this was the first caleb song I ever heard and it popped up in my recommended again so

seems this was before he was like "I'll keep the genders in the lyrics the same" for things

On 6/9/2021 at 5:55 PM, The Chayncemaniac said:

i regret to inform you that i'm a city-slicker lmao 5/10

On 6/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, LordCowCow said:

small brain: changing the genders in the song to make it not gay

big brain: not changing the genders in the song

galaxy brain: changing the genders in the song to make it omega gay

7/10 largely in part to the song just being that iconic

13 hours ago, yui said:

Drum is good and I didn't mind the klaxon surprisingly enough but the vocals were kind of eh I thought 6/10

OP Suggestion: Found out Mdou Moctar is touring in 2022 (like a lot of bands -- that's what happens when shows shut down for a year) and they'll be near me soon, so that's pretty hype 7.5/10 

On 6/10/2021 at 11:43 PM, LordCowCow said:

6/10 track, but 7/10 music

i wanted to use track for both as like a joke at the homonym. i decided to value clarity instead but i wanted you to know i thought about it

On 6/11/2021 at 12:03 AM, The Chayncemaniac said:

It's good, though four and a half minutes is a lot of it EDIT: forgot to give it a score lmao 7/10

11 hours ago, yui said:

7.5/10 very fun

OP suggestion: I realize the phrase "King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard has a new album" is, like, always applicable at this point, but it happened again. I've heard this one described as "King Gizzard's Currents" which makes sense I guess anyway here's the title track 8/10 

Edited by radio414

i wanted to post something else at first but i forgot what it was so have sentence-mixed sheogorath raps instead

12 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Is good and definitely doesn't feel as long as it is, but if you asked me to remember anything about it, like, five minutes later, I don't think I would be able to 6.5/10

1 minute ago, yui said:

hate it when that happens that's why i keep a list these days

Anyway, I have played minutes of Skyrim(?) so I don't think I got the jokes but good vocal chop work 6/10

OP Suggestion: Here's a long meditative song to put in the background this evening 7.5/10

20 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

8.5/10 this song was on the radio all the time growing up so I can't help but love it

19 hours ago, yui said:

Took a bit but ended up 7.5/10

OP Suggestion: This song from TEKE-TEKE's new album is five minutes long and goes places with those five minutes. Montreal-based Japanese psych-rock 8/10