radio414

radio414 rates music thread

5 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

dang that book was probably a banger too

Some of the cuts between songs felt kind of jarring? Silent Night especially so, I think. But it was cute and the little cat under the hat got me so 6/10?

OP Suggestion: Speaking of multiple songs at once Pomplamoose did one for "Linus and Lucy" and "Christmas Time is Here" from Charlie Brown Christmas and it's fun. 7/10

18 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

"I'd be better off lonely, distraught, and depressed" yeah bet.

8/10 song though

OP Suggestion: Charly Bliss and PUP did a Christmas song, solving the "2020 Christmas" problem by basically just being a pop-punk version of Blue Christmas 7/10 

On 12/21/2020 at 10:57 PM, LordCowCow said:

Also enjoyed a good nigahiga video growing up. I think I still know at least one song of his by heart. Fifteen-year-old me would also probably have enjoyed this more at the time, but it feels more like a 3/10 now.

OP Suggestion: The title of this song speaks for itself, I think. 7/10 

This song always confused me because, like, there's a whole scene in the Bible where an angel comes to Mary and is like "'sup girl, your kid's totes mcgotes ok ttyl" (Luke 1:28-33), so even if some of the specifics are off I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. Failing that, there's also Matthew 1:18-23 where an angel is like "hey joseph don't divorce this girl even though she's pregnant it's fine," so I imagine he would have told her also.

Anyway Pentatonix has an aesthetic and they do it well 7/10

OP Suggestion: Harvey Danger did a "sad Christmas because the world is broken" song before it was cool and it's a cool song 8/10 

3 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

"No no no, Jingle Bells! You know, Santa Claus, ho-ho-ho, and mistletoe, and presents to pretty girls."

I think the breakdown at around two minutes in is what turned me off but it's fine in general 6/10

OP Suggestion: Apparently this song drives people mad in the UK but I don't live in the UK so I just found out about it this Christmas. Admittedly it's not something I'd want playing on loop but it's fun the first few times 6.5/10 

14 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

7/10 not much I think I need to add about Sinatra.

21 minutes ago, yui said:

Another 7/10 (for different reasons though than the first one, obviously. It is a fun song though)

OP Suggestion: Wallis eschews the whole "sing around this garbage year" that I've talked about before with lyrics like "I can't help but feel that this must be goodbye to dreams of mine, every plan that I made in January" and maybe that's also why it's the most hopeful about next year. 7/10

2 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

a weeby weebsmas to you too.

Why are they standing so far apart half the time and the other half they're weirdly close together?

Anyway song is already low on my list of Christmas songs and women with big eyes and small mouths don't exactly help. 5/10

OP Suggestion: Can't kinkshame this Christmas song 7/10

On 12/24/2020 at 9:13 PM, LordCowCow said:

wow i can't believe you'd lie like that.

I dunno, I never really liked this song to be honest. 4/10

12 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

6/10, though I admire the commitment to doing everything to get this girl back, asking Sata- I mean Santa for this girl back after praying to Jesus doesn't work.

OP suggestion: Banger of a video and I like Trans-Siberian Orchestra a lot in small doses 7/10. 

I should've put the meaning behind the last one... he wrote that song after losing his grandmother around the holidays and it's not a girl he wants back, it's his grandmother... but here's the next one

On 12/26/2020 at 12:24 AM, The Chayncemaniac said:

I should've put the meaning behind the last one... he wrote that song after losing his grandmother around the holidays and it's not a girl he wants back, it's his grandmother... but here's the next one

I mean, same point no matter who Chaynce wants back.

This song's pretty fun 6.5/10

On 12/26/2020 at 1:01 AM, LordCowCow said:

Unrelated to the rating, the end of the chorus sounds a lot like Britney Spears' "Oops!...I Did It Again"

Anyway, I liked it 8/10

23 hours ago, yui said:

bad guy is already a song i like well enough and now there's squanch?

What a squanch, love it 8.5/10

OP Suggestion: Ben Caplan is a Canadian folk singer with a huge beard and an even bigger voice and he's great 8.5/10

Not the biggest fan of the lead-in but once the song gets going it really gets going 7.5/10

15 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

I liked it well enough. Maybe because I just listened to Orville Peck so I'm in a country sort of mood. That ABCB DD rhyme scheme in the chorus is going to bother me though 6.5/10

OP Suggestion: Orville Peck, obv. The second-most popular gay country singer with a cowboy aesthetic 8/10