LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

They had managed to knock over Zekrom, but the tough legend took it in stride, standing right back up right away. "Ahhh that was a good one! Come on, let me see what you can do together! You're a team right? Let's see that teamwork!" He adjusted his stance and crouched a bit, ready to grapple with anyone who came close.

"Okay, you want to see what we got, well don't cry when we knock you out!" Mac called out. Kazo watched Zekrom's stance. He was ready to intercept any of them... the three would need some sort of cover to even get close. Thankfully... there was one way.

Kazo placed a hand on each of their shoulders, taking a knee so he was level with his teammates. "Alright you guys. You see that goal in front of us, right? I'm going to provide you with some cover, to help us get in close," The wind began to pick up, sand being raised into the air. "Don't get lost in the wind," He stated before his form melted into the storm, his Sand Veil ability making it difficult to track the dirt dragon.

As Ari and Mac went for their attacks, Kazo ran around Zekrom, making one full lap around him. Two laps... three laps... he kept running, picking up his speed as he ran. As the two unleashed their attacks, Kazo leapt into the air, diving straight at Zekrom's head with an Iron Head, spinning through the air like a drill, using all his speed to launch himself at the legend. Memories of the fight with Regirock flowed through his mind, but this time... this time would be different. The three of them would overcome!

Graveyard of Lost Souls Team Karaoke

The ghostly figure didn't say a word, although they seemed to be trying to say something. She seemed sad about something... was this her tombstone? What was she doing here? As Lok got closer to the women, she suddenly lunged at him. Lok instinctively brought his arms up, but her arm simply went through him. He closed his eyes shut, before feeling a shiver down his spine.

He opened his eyes, finding himself in a completely different place. He watched as the women was being shouted by a man, and a young boy was sitting in the corner. The sad scene slowly morphed into a horrifying one as he watched the scene before his eyes change. He saw the young boy, now a young adult that looked like Raphael, tear into the screaming man from earlier.

Just as Raphael was about to slaughter the women, Lok found himself back in the present, now looking at the ghostly women. "That's... that's horrible..." He muttered, turning towards the tomb. "That was you in those flashbacks... which means this is..." He said, chills running down his spine. He was still processing everything that was going on. The tombstone that he said started it all, the one that made him the monster he is now.

It was her gravestone.

Lok clenched his fist. "I'm so sorry..." He said, turning back to the women as he stepped towards the gravestone. "...I can't even imagine what it must have been like, even after having seen it myself. And now he's out of control..." He said, a tear rolling down his face, as he turned to Raphael. Even if he was a monster, he couldn't help but feel bad for him, knowing what he had gone through growing up. He turned back to the ghostly women. "There must be something you can help me do... something that will end both of your suffering." He turned down towards the tombstone, remembering what the original plan was. "If I destroy your tomb... that should put an end to this madness. Let the two of you go free." The ghostly mother drifted away from the tombstone, not giving him any sort of signal. He simple nodded, taking a deep breath as lighting started crackling in his palms. He grabbed onto both sides of the grave, unleashing a Thunderbolt on it as he tightly gripped it, pushing in attempt to crush it between his hands with the lightning.

Temple of Time and Space Team Showdown

Slamming her fist into him felt like she had just punched a rock, much like the bolder-like impact the king's Head Smash had on Scarlet's head. For a moment, everything went blurry as she tried to clutch her head, but she didn't even have enough time to do that as the king slammed her with his tail, sending her flying backwards. Her wings uselessly fluttered as she was sent flying back towards the side of the ring.

"Ugh..." She muttered, supporting herself on the ropes as she picked herself up. She saw in the distance the King shouting something at Taiga, before he started rushing towards her. "No no no..." She muttered, starting to dash towards them. Her fear only increased as she saw Isole float in front of the King, firing a Thunderbolt at him. She had felt what his attack was like - she wasn't sure Isole could even take one of those hits and survive. As she ran as fast as she had ever ran before, she leapt towards the King, thrusting herself with the force of her Bullet Punch and launched herself at him.

King stopped his rush towards Isole and Taiga as Scarlet struck him, pausing for a second. Slowly, he turned towards Scarlet with a menacing grin on his face. "Well alright then. Let's do this."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Temple of Time and Space

Scarlet was the first to make a move among them, slamming the King with a blinding punch.  However, the King seemed unfazed by the attack, and turned around to slam his head into hers.  The cracking sound was abysmal to hear, and the King followed it up with a swing of his tail.  After sending their heavy hitter flying, the King turned his gaze towards Taiga and Isole.

"Alright, how about you then?"

"Aw shit."  Taiga groaned, as the Tyrantrum charged at the two of them.  Taiga's knees shook.  They had fought so many legendaries, but she hadn't become the least bit braver in these types of scenarios.  She was tired and pissed off that she wasn't able to get faster.  This whole thing was a mistake.  "This is what I get for lowering myself to an errand girl, huh?"  She said, as she tried to scramble backwards.  But she knew there was no escape.  She closed her eyes, but heard a familiar zapping sound.  She opened them again to see that Isole had put herself between Taiga and the charging King.  The cold Gijinka had blasted a Thunderbolt at the Old man, but it obviously wasn't of any use.  The King kept on his rampage without so much as a flinch.  Something about the scene gave Taiga a push. 

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE ALLOWED TO BE SO BRAVE, ICE!"  She roared, as she grabbed a hold of Isole's shoulder, and flung her way towards the back end of the arena.  "Let a real Tyrant show this 'King' what's what!"  Taiga reared her head back, to try and meet his, roaring fiercely as she prepped herself for what she realized would probably be her death.  "BRING IT YOU WANNA BE!  YOU CALL YOURSELF A KING, BUT YOU'RE JUST HOLDING ONTO THE PAST!"  Taiga shot her head forward, only to meet air where she thought the King would be.  She plummeted to the mat with her momentum, as she saw Scarlet had landed another big hit.  A big hit in this case was something that probably tickled the Strong Jawed Gijinka.    

"Well alright then. Let's do this."

"Yeah!  Let's!"  Taiga recovered, springing to her feet, and jumping straight at the Tyrantrum with spectral jaws of frost.

They had been doing a pretty good job so far, if Ari could say so. At least none of them were down for the count yet, even if Zekrom was going easy on them. He probably was, but that didn't mean they wouldn't still try their best. But it seemed like there was still something that they lacked, that the legendary was looking from them. And he said it himself--teamwork.

Teamwork. Usually it was just Mac, Kazo, and himself all ganging up on the enemy, trying to overwhelm them with sheer numbers and determination. Even if the foe could dodge one attack, that didn't mean they could dodge three at once. So that's just what they had been doing. So how exactly were they supposed to show him teamwork? What even was he looking for when he said that? Ari wasn't sure.

Kazo seemed to have an idea though. That was the thing about Kazo. He might not be the strongest there was--Ari could at least admit that, even if he'd never admit it to Mac. But he could usually figure out something to keep all of them going through. Mac just kept attacking and attacking like she could wear her opponents down, but Kazo was careful, and when he attacked, it was only because there was no other choice. He was thoughtful, and gentle, and kind. A lot like how Ari's father, Richard acted. So if he ever fought, it was only with the purpose to end the fight as soon as possible.

Or at least that's how Ari felt. He could be seeing it all wrong, but he always felt like Kazo didn't like fighting. Not like Mac, or even Ari at one point, did. But he still did so, and it was always to protect other people. That was how a real king should act.

Kazo placed a hand on each of their shoulders, taking a knee so he was level with his teammates. "Alright you guys. You see that goal in front of us, right? I'm going to provide you with some cover, to help us get in close," The wind began to pick up, sand being raised into the air. "Don't get lost in the wind," He stated before his form melted into the storm.

Ari couldn't really see Zekrom that well, but he knew where he had last been. So he inhaled, letting loose a rapid fire of Embers toward the legendary. Even if Zekrom tried to hit Kazo, this would at least distract him, right? At the same time, he saw a stream of lightning crackling through the air. Mac was also providing her own form of distraction.

He glanced at Mac, "You ready?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

He snorted. No, there really was no point to that. He was surprised she hadn't asked him first, actually. "Yeah, that was dumb." Shaking his head, he charged forward. Return had worked out well before, so he was gonna use it again. As he ran, he realized he had been wrong. This wasn't the first time they'd used teamwork. He just hadn't known what to call it. Maybe not all the time, but they'd done it before. And they would do it again. Zekrom...we'll show you...the power of friendship!

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine slowly began to pick himself up from the ground, he grimaced to see that Kayla had been being  tossed around like nothing more than a ragdoll by Raphael, using the spirits that surrounded him as ropes to bind her. Igniting his arm and getting ready to strike at the ghost, he paused as the ghost seemed to be interrupted by something else. Letting out a scream, the ghosts that surrounded and were being manipulated by Raphael had dispersed, flying every which way away from him. Then, moments later they began to move back and converge on him. As they began to spiral around him once again, their formation didn't stay in a circle around him, and instead started to press in on him. As the spirits began to violently pass through the disciples body he let out a howl of pain for each one, bringing out his claws and swiping at each of the specters that had moved to attack him, the disciple  began to shout, "no, no, I killed you all once, you can't stop me now!"

Lighting his arm ablaze, Nine knew that even this would not be enough to stop the disciple. "Then maybe they need help from something you haven't!" Declaring this, Nine let loose a stream of flame into the storm of souls. Being pushed back the fire, more spirits pushing their way through him, the disciple growled and let loose a shadow ball towards Nine. Standing in place, the young chaser once again struck back with a dark pulse, pushing the attack off course, albeit just barely enough and holding his ground firm. Even after all of this, he still didn't have enough strength to best Raphael. Holding out his hand, he knew he needed more to defeat his foe, shouting out, "Gwen! Fire! Here!" 

Though the woman seemed barely conscious of her surroundings, she complied with Nine and sent a mystical fire at him. As the boy grabbed at it, the flame was absorbed into his body, and a red-orange hue began to glow around his already aura covered body. With the flames igniting across his arm yet again, he fired off yet another flamethrower towards Raphael, the continuing to push back the disciple further and further. 

Devoid of all reason and sanity,  the Banette roared as he drew his shadow claws out and began to charge Nine, ignoring any of the spirits that started to pass through him. Nine knew that he didn't really have the strength to move away from the attacks, and so he simply stood his ground. Looking at the Banette he said, "if you think no man or god could possibly stop you in this world of yours, it's time you learned just how fragile your fake world really is!" Stepping in closer to the disciple as he swung his first arm, a dark aura coated Nine as he elbow the arm of the claw away with a foul play. As the second arm came back towards him, the Houndoom raised his other arm, blasting it away with a dark pulse. With both of his arms to the side and parried, however, Raphael didn't stop. Snarling as he continued his advance, the berserk ghost headbutted Nine, causing him to stumble back, only to then push him further back by  whipping one of his arms around to slap him away. 

Skidding across the ground, Nine grit his teeth as he stood his ground. Though his legs were starting to buckle, he couldn't simply fall here and now and let things end. After all, if there was one opponent Nine absolutely could not let win, it was this man right before him. And so, with a crazed look in his eyes, Raphael produced his claws yet again and began to rush towards Nine. With no tricks left in his arsenal to use, Nine knew that at this point there was no other option then to attack. Even if it meant getting eviscerated by the disciple, he would give his all into this last attack and make  sure he ended it. Fire starting to light across his whole body, Nine clenched one hand into a fist as fire began to erupt from it. 

Going to punch the disciple as his opponent was bringing his claws in for the kill, it seemed that Nine was the slower of the two, and would likely lose in this clash. However, as the distance between them slowly turned to nothing, Raphael faltered. A ghostly eye, hovering above Gwen had formed, sending an immense shockwave of pain through the man's mind. Though it was only for a moment, it was all that was needed to decide the fight, as Nine's fist reached the disciple's face. "Raphael!" As the flaming fist struck the Banette, the flames exploded sending his opponent back. 

Team Mac, Cave Part 2

While the sandstorm limited his visibility Zekrom still tried to keep track of Kazo. He had a smirk on his face as he watched the boy run in circles. "A good trick but that won't be enough! Eventually you'll have to get closer!"

His attention was split as he was hit by the small projectiles from the other two. "Ah, I've been ignoring you, apologies!" He called out as the two came in suddenly from the outskirts of the sand. He hadn't noticed them until they were right before him.

Ari was ready to slam into him and Zekrom turned and crouched. Ready to grab the young lion as he came in. Then Mac was there, swinging her leg low at Zekrom's ankle. The attack wasn't strong but it caused the Legend to lurch forward. Slowing his movements so that Ari was able to ram into him. Hitting him in the gut and doubling him over. Just in time for Kazo to come down on him. Slamming into Zekrom and landing a critical hit. There was a moment where it seemed like nothing happened. Then Zekrom toppled backwards. Landing with his arms outspread.

He was still conscious, and his eyes were open, but he didn't move. He lay there for a moment before letting out a short laugh. "Ah, you got me there, nice one." Then he moved into a sitting position and winced. "Gonna have a headache for a few days after that." He nodded.

"I was right about you three. You're not the strongest but you have guts. And that's what we really need these days. Nice work you three."

He held his hand out towards Mac and she hesitantly grabbed it. Seemingly on edge for a trick. But Zekrom merely used her to help get himself up. The weight causing the smaller girl to stumble.

"You may not want to get stuck with me right now, but I'll remember you all." He grinned. "And how about I teach you all something special? I've got the perfect moves for you."

Team Karaoke, Graveyard of Lost Souls

As Lok felt the tombstone crumble underneath his hands he saw the woman gaze at him with a sad, kind, look. Before she faded entirely he could hear a whispered, "Thank you."

Raphael's spirits had turned against him. And still he didn't panic. He merely seemed to be full of rage and hate even more than before. Even so with the spirits attacking him he wasn't able to go full force on Nine and Gwen. Thus the two were able to beat him back again and again. With Nine's final attack he was sent backwards and landed onto his back. As he did the hands that had grasped at the others before reached for him, clawing and grabbing, dragging him down.

He tried to flail and break away but there were too many. And the spirits surged around him. So many that they could no longer see him. But they could hear his voice. "Die, die! You're all dead, dead! You can't defeat me! Not here! Not ever! Haha..haaaahahahaha!"

The Banette continued to laugh, even as the spirits enveloped him. Until the laughter was suddenly cut off.

And the world around them started to crumble, fading away, and they were standing back in front of the cave. Where Shaymin was waiting.

In front of the cave they could see a ghostly figure. Who nodded at the group before it, too, faded away.

Kayla, slowly getting to her feet, looked around. "Did we actually do it?" She said. Then, in a whisper, "I guess we're not done though are we."

Gwendoline, as soon as they returned to the normal world, started to shake. She clutched at her face and shuddered more. Dark thoughts swirling in her mind. Enveloping her. Drowning her. She had to relax...she had to keep going. "I think I'm...going to be sick." She muttered.

Team Showdown, Temple of Time and Space

Isole was startled as the two others surged ahead so swiftly. She had been terrified that she was about to be crushed by the large Gijinka but the two of them worked together to stop the king in their tracks.

He let out a howl as Taiga bit down on his neck with the spectral jaws. He swung a fist in an arc towards Scarlet to keep her from following up their attack. Then he stomped his foot down. As he did a massive shockwave was sent through the ring, causing several cracks to form, and rocking both Scarlet and Taiga.

Isole wasn't much effected by the shaking. Knowing she couldn't let loose with a Blizzard she instead sent forward a ghostly wind to surround the Tyrantrum. The attack didn't damage in the same was as the others but the longer she could keep it up the more damage to his spirit she'd do.

However with a laugh the King seemed not too concerned about his injuries. "Well, I'll have to fix this place up after, but it's not every day I get a chance to really go wild, here you go, enjoy this one!"

He thrust one fist up in the air. Above him several large rocks formed. They flared up with a purple energy and then rained down upon the ring.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine stood still as Raphael was sent backwards. His legs felt locked into place and both of his arms were dangling in front of him, the one he had just punched with trembling now. Despite his best efforts, it had seemed that Raphael was still able to move, yet it was still enough. As the man was dragged into the dirt by the hands of souls of the dead of his own doing, Nine couldn't do much else but watch the gruesome scene before him. When it was all finished, the world around them crumbled and returned to the only marginally less dreary scenery of the cavern they had just been in. With the disciple nowhere to be seen, the sight of Shaymin being there once more and the fading ghostly figured that thanked them Nine understood that at this point, they had won. 

A surge of relief flowed through him, followed by a lack of adrenaline pumping through his system as his legs finally gave out from underneath him. Falling face forward into the ground, Nine was pretty sure he'd be happy to spend the rest of the day just lying right there. Nine wasn't quite sure what had happened towards the end there, but he had gone head to head with a Disciple and been shown the clear difference in their strength. Yet, at the end of the day, it was him and his friends that had emerged victorious and had managed to stop a terrible monster from making his world any larger. Flipping over onto his back, the Chaser looked to the Rotom and said, "Lok...I have no idea what you did...but always remember I appreciate you."

Nine groaned as Kayla made her comment, saying, "gimme a few first." Nine knew she was correct, and now that the seal was broken they didn't have much time to dally. He also knew that Kayla had suffered just as much against Raphael as he had, perhaps more. Yet, if the disciple was anything to go by, he wasn't entirely confident in his chances of going up against the legend himself in the state he was in - both physically and mentally. Trying to steady his breath, his attention was then taken to Gwen who seemed less than well. Concern on his face, Nine simply asked, "are you sure you don't want to take a rest too?"

8GrkkS0.png

Ari had been a little worried earlier, especially when Zekrom had noticed him before he hit. Thankfully, Mac's Low Sweep had tripped up the legendary and caused him to lurch forward. This had been just the window of time that Ari needed. Then with Kazo joining in, they had finally finished. The legendary had fallen on his back, and he hadn't gotten back up.

Thankfully he wasn't actually dead or anything. He lay there for a moment before letting out a short laugh. "Ah, you got me there, nice one." Then he moved into a sitting position and winced. "Gonna have a headache for a few days after that." He nodded.

"I was right about you three. You're not the strongest but you have guts. And that's what we really need these days. Nice work you three."

Ari nodded proudly. "Yeah, strength doesn't mean anything if you don't have the heart or guts for anything." He had learned that during his journey.

After Zekrom pulled himself up from the ground with Mac's help, he turned to them all and grinned. "You may not want to get stuck with me right now, but I'll remember you all. And how about I teach you all something special? I've got the perfect moves for you."

Oh, this sounded cool. "Like what?!" The Litleo started to bounce in excitement before he realized something. "But wait...I don't think I can do any of that cool thunder stuff you pulled off back there." His face turned a little downcast.

--

ZzcS3Rf.png

The sudden arrival of the group of four had caused Shaymin to let out a squeal of fear and flop down on her face. After a few moments of nothing happening though, she picked herself back up and looked down, face slightly red from both embarrassment and smacking it against the ground. "O-oh... It's you." She took a deep breath, releasing it and peering up at them. "I-I thought you all were..." she shivered, "g-g-g-gone." Another deep breath, this one sounding calmer. "I'm glad that's not the case, though."

As the others started to unwind from the battle, the woman's face paled. "O-oh no! Are you all right? That's right, you were taken away by that scary man." She looked around frantically, but calmed down at not seeing him anywhere. "Did you...defeat him?" her tone became awed. "I remember him. He was...Giratina's Disciple. Well...I know he said that already. But I mean...he was They Who Lurks's first and only Disciple. If you defeated him..." her expression became hopeful, "we might have a chance against his master."

"B-but," she continued as she looked at the others' state. "I-I guess we should...rest first? Y-yeah, or we could, umm...go home. And do this tomorrow. I can just uhh...redo the barrier, and then we can wait a day...or two. Or a week." She seemed to warm to the idea. "Y-yeah! Let's just go home."

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

Kazo felt his head connect to Zekrom's, the impact shaking him into the core. He bounced off the legend's head, landing behind Ari and Mac as Zekrom fell into the ground. Did they do it? Did they win? He really had no clue what to do if Zekrom stood up once more. However, it seemed his worries were for naught.

"Ah, you got me there, nice one." Zekrom called out as he slowly stood up. "Gonna have a headache for a few days after that." He then nodded. "I was right about you three. You're not the strongest but you have guts. And that's what we really need these days. Nice work you three."

"Yeah, strength doesn't mean anything if you don't have the heart or guts for anything." Ari said proudly, causing Kazo to smile. It wasn't wrong, but it would be really nice to have some strength behind them.

"You may not want to get stuck with me right now, but I'll remember you all." He grinned. "And how about I teach you all something special? I've got the perfect moves for you."

"W-wait, you're gonna teach us moves?!" Kazo asked, now flustered at the idea. To learn some super powerful move, from a legendary no less... that was anyone's dream, chaser or otherwise. He began to vibrate in place from the sheer excitement he was feeling. "Y-yeah, if you think you got a move you can teach me, please do!" Not only was this amazing, but it would help him reach that goal... one step closer to becoming a legend worthy of racing Latios... even if he was gone from this world, he would still strive to make himself on par with him...

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Her attack landed, as she clamped down on the Tyrantrum's neck.  She wriggled around in a vein attempt to rip a chunk of the Gijinka's aorta away, however the King's muscles were too thick to puncture through. It's like her attack had did little damage, other than make him yell a bit.  She was shaken loose, as an Earthquake ripped the stadium into seperate pieces. 

"Well, I'll have to fix this place up after, but it's not every day I get a chance to really go wild, here you go, enjoy this one!"

The King raised his hand to the sky, and brought it down towards the ground.  Following suit were a volley of meteors, one heading for each of them.  Taiga groaned for a bit, before letting it surge into a desperate roar.  Like a rocket, Taiga bolted straight off the ground on a giant geyser of water.  As she approached the meteor, she sank back into the water she created, letting the geyser careen straight into the heap of rock.  As the two forces collided, the rock was forced to submit, shattering into pebbles that continued their approach back to the ground.  Taiga emerged back on top of the waterfall once she was out of harm's way, and crossed her arms.  The giant pillar of water slowly moved it's way towards the king in a crashing torrent that drowned out all noise, except for her voice of course.  

"Yeah.  Didn't enjoy that much."  She rolled her eyes.  "You must be thirsty after that.  How's about a drink?  Try not to drown now!  Or do, I don't really care!  Fufufufufu!"  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Graveyard of Lost Souls Team Karaoke

As the stone in his hands crumbled, he saw the ghostly mother vanish. He turned around at the sound of screaming from Raphael, seeing that what was once protecting him was now turning against him. He watched as the spirits slowly consumed him and, as his final screams echoed in the room, Lok saw the world around him start to collapse until what was left was the cavern they had entered originally. "We... we did it..." Lok said, falling on his knees as tears started rolling down his face. He couldn't believe it, what felt like an eternal nightmare was finally over. He turned towards Nine, giving him a weak thumbs up before fully falling onto the ground. The exhaustion of it all had finally hit.

He let out a groan as he remembered that they weren't quite done yet. "Rest... please..." He said, rolling over to face the ceiling. He didn't even have the strength to pick himself back up, closing his eyes as he drifted to sleep. No nightmare he had could compare to what he had just experienced.

Scarlet saw the man go in for a hook, stopping herself and darting back to dodge the attack. As she was getting ready to go in for another punch, she saw him stomp the ground, causing a huge earthquake to strike the arena. She didn't have much choice but to stand the attack, bracing herself as the ground shook violently. Scarlet struggled to keep herself standing, but she wasn't done yet. Meteors started falling from the sky, aimed towards everyone in the group. Gritting her teeth, she punched the meteors as they came towards her, shattering them into shrapnel. The burning explosion of each meteor hurt, but it sure beat getting slammed by the meteors themselves.

As she shattered the last of the meteors she saw Taiga crashing a pillar of water at the King, causing him to stumble back from the impact. Scarlet wasted no time, darting back in to strike at her opponent. Meanwhile, after he caught his footing, the King charged at Taiga with a Head Smash. The Scizor managed to intercept the attack, striking the fossil right under his jaw with a fierce uppercut. Tyrantrum's head cocked back violently, before coming down just as fast as it had been knocked back. Not having much room to dodge, and one of her arms already up, Scarlet had little choice but to brace herself, bringing up her arms to block the attack as much as she could.

Scarlet felt like her arms were going to break as the Head Smash struck, the ground itself cracking as a shockwave blew dust away from the two. She staggered back from the impact, her arms screaming in pain as her legs started shaking. "Crap..." She muttered, glaring directly at Tyrantrum's eyes. She wasn't sure how many more of those head smashes she could take before breaking.

Team Karaoke, Outside the Cave of "Wonders"

"are you sure you don't want to take a rest too?"

Gwen grunted and shook her head but didn't speak at first. She thought she could hear a voice. In the back of her head. Telling her to attack them. But why? There was no reason for it. She had to relax. Calm herself. Remember that these were friends....friends...The word sent a twinge of pain in her heart which ended up being just what she needed to snap back to reality.

She could hear Shaymin panicking nearby. Something told her that, as she was now, she wasn't the best person to calm her down. Despite that her mind was less clouded she could almost feel the malice that was on her face yet. Gwen glanced away from Nine as he got closer out of concern. "I'm fine. I don't need to rest."

"Y-yeah! Let's just go home."

Even at that Gwen thought it best to stay silent. Kayla, though, popped up beside Shaymin. "Um, we have to finish this up. This opportunity might...not come again." She nervously put a hand on Shaymin's arm. "I'll make sure you're...safe." She said.

"Rest... please..."

Gwen gave a small smile as she saw Lok flop onto the ground. Though she let out a sigh as she realized she couldn't exactly let him sleep. She floated over to him and crouched down. "Lok? Lok. There's no time for sleeping. Take a moment to gather yourself but...we don't know what the people of Omega will do if they figure out the Disciple was...is gone."

Spoiler

Okay. I was gonna move us into cave and such but as people wanna do some resting, I'll give a buffer post here to chill a bit and catch breaths. Next week though I'm gonna move on so prepare for that in post and get the dialogue and such you want beforehand done.

Also, Shaymin probably can aid in the healing/resting up process.

Also as there's only 4 people who need to post I'll try and post asap after everyone has posted (though will still be every week after my post if people don't post before that)

Team Showdown, Temple of Time and Space jam

The king let out a roar as Taiga came down on him. Which proved to be a bad idea. He snapped his jaw closed as the water tried to force its way down his throat. The force of the blow was impressive yet the king seemed determined not to fall. Despite being pushed back he stayed on his feet. After the waterfall disappeared he coughed and hacked up some of the water. But there was a smirk on his face as he wiped his face with the back of his hand. "Savage, I like it. You'd be a good warrior for my court if circumstances allowed it."

The king moved to slam his head down onto Taiga again but, once more, Scarlet was there in an instant. Slamming her fist into his chin and snapping his head back. He turned to her instead, a wild look in his eyes, and slammed down onto her. The force of the blow so immense that even Scarlet's armor wasn't able to fully protect her.

Isole took this opportunity to get into position behind the king instead. He was still covered in water from Taiga's attack so when she launched a Thunderbolt the power increased, if only slightly, and the king was lit up with the electrical energy for a moment.

Howling with pain he stumbled back again and chuckled. "Well well, seems I might be at a disadvantage. But that's how I like it!"

Energy swirled around his body and the floor cracked beneath his feet. He was surrounded in some sort of aura as he knelt slightly and sprang towards Taiga. Throwing his body at her with what at first seemed reckless abandon but, looking closer, had more control than the force would suggest.

Spoiler

Tyrantrum: Level 75, Rock Head. Moves: Head Smash, Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Giga Impact

Also as there's only 4 people who need to post I'll try and post asap after everyone has posted (though will still be every week after my post if people don't post before that)

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine slowly brought himself up to a sitting position, though his concern towards Gwen still hadn't faded. As Shaymin spoke up, Nine both smiled and gave her a bit of a skeptical look, wondering if a barrier of this scale was actually that easy to put up to begin with. Regardless, he nodded alongside Gwen and Kayla's sentiments. "Right. This is probably the best chance we have. I can't imagine losing Raphael wouldn't spook them a bit, but if they're all half as crazy as him I don't know if it matters."

Going from a sit to a standing position, Nine looked to Shaymin and said, "well, we can take care of him no issue. After all, this wouldn't be my first double header like this, and how much stronger than Raphael could the legend possibly be." With a humorless look on his face he followed with, "please don't answer that."  Looking at Lok the Houndoom said, "alright, power nap time is over. We got a legend to confront Lok." With that, once their recovery process was finished up, Nine took a deep breath and readied himself for whatever they were about to face. He had his concerns and he had his doubts. But at the end of the day, he was a Chaser and all that really mattered was that there was a legend waiting for him ahead. Well, there was one thing perhaps more important than that, but Nine figured that it would come up on its own regardless. 

Shaymin looked over at Kayla and Nine, her earlier nervousness changing to resignation. "Oh...so you do want to continue. I-I guess...that makes sense. To defeat They Who Lurks before They have a chance to recover from this," she looked down. "It's just...you're all so injured."

The woman bit her lip as she stared at the ground. After several moments of pensive silence, her face lit up in realization. "But I can help with that!" the legendary closed her eyes and concentrated, and soon after, a small breeze blew through the area, carrying with it the scent of spring, sprouts, and sunlight. For a small, fragile moment, the heaviness that had weighed down their hearts lightened, as right before their eyes a pale brown sapling broke through the cave floor, growing larger and thicker, sprouting branches and leaves that carried blossoms and then closed up, the petals falling to the ground as what were once flowers formed into familiar yellow fruit. Sitrus Berries.

The berries would heal their wounds, and if any of the group had had any status afflictions slowing them down, they would find that those were gone as well, carried away by the breeze, along with some of their doubts.

Shaymin also seemed to have regained some measure of courage. "I...I think I'll come too." Her eyes shone a brilliant green as she smiled at the group. "I might not be able to do much...but I'll try. I can at least cheer you all on."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

"Savage, I like it. You'd be a good warrior for my court if circumstances allowed it."

"That doesn't sound like drowning."  Taiga huffed with disappointment.  "I appreciate the sentiment, but time seems to drag on around here.  I ain't tryin' to live forever!  Not to mention I don't think I can stand to be around you much longer."  She grinned as Scarlet and Isole made their own moves against the king.  Annoyingly, the Gijinka still had quite a lot of fight left in him.  "You don't know when to quit, huh?"  She didn't want to let her exhaustion show, but she was still breathing raggedly, and sweat dripped out of every pour.  She had taken so much punishment up until now from such strong opposition...how was this even fair.

"Well well, seems I might be at a disadvantage. But that's how I like it!"

"You're annyoin' as hell!  Stop yappin' and just bring it!"  Taiga snapped, her teeth snarling at the King.  Her iris' started to quiver as she saw a huge energy swirl around the Tyrantrum.  His approach towards her was incredibly quick, and she knew from his movement that she wouldn't be so easily able to dodge this attack.  She wiped her mouth, revealing a wide grin.  Taiga's shadow linked with the King of Adarid's, bonding them for a moment.  "I'm leaving the rest up to you two!"  Taiga roared towards the other two.  A pillar of water launched Taiga towards the King, headfirst.  She made to submerge into the pillar to try and shield herself, in a vain attempt to try and avoid death.  

Outside the Cave of Wonders Team Karaoke

Lok let out an incoherent grumble as both Gwen and Nine reminded him that he had no time to sleep. "Yeah yeah yeah..." He let out an exasperated sigh. "I'm just not sure we're in..." As he was about to finish his complaint, he felt a sudden warmness fill the cave as he smelled the scent of spring. Defying all logic, he saw life grow from the ground he only thought could bring death, as he witness flowers blossom. These flowers soon became what he recognized as Sitrus Berries, among some other berries here and there. Lok had no words, instead slowly picking up some of the berries and eating them. They were some of the best tasting Sitrus Berries he has had in a long time, which was a shock considering the soil they had been grown from.

"Thank you, Shaymin." He said, taking another bite out of one of the berries. He was feeling a lot better now, at least physically. The thought of marching on after what they saw a mere disciple could do was frightening. However, he knew that they were in too deep to give up now - if they left now, them defeating Raphael would mean nothing.

He turned once more to Shaymin. "We're gonna get through this miss. Together." He gave the legend a thumbs up, before turning to the rest of the group. "Alright, power nap is over. We've got a legend to confront." He said, pointing deeper in the cave.

Scarlet started making her way towards the King slowly, before stopping. She hadn't realized just how much damaged she had taken throughout this entire brawl, to the point where walking was difficult. She collapsed on one knee, counting her blessings as the king went for Taiga. She took her small moment of rest to sit down properly, letting her wings rest as she Roosted, feeling some of the pain and weariness slowly fade from her body. She picked herself back up, feeling at least good enough to keep on fighting. Right on time too, as she watched what might be her final attack of this fight. It was up to Scarlet and Isole to finish this.

She wasted no time after resting, immediately darting towards the king and decking him right on his jaw, causing him to stagger slightly. Seeing as he didn't seem to be able to counter attack, she went in for another punch, this time throwing a right hook right at his gut. He let out a grunt as the blow struck, clearly hurting him. It would, however, take more to take him down. Without missing a beat, the king launched a swing with his tail directly at Scarlet, one that she didn't have any choice but to tank. However, she wasn't about to be blown away like last time, clamping her pincers down on the tail with two Bug Bites and clinging on for dear life.

Tyrantrum seemed confused, as he kept on swinging his tail back and forth in an attempt to get the bug off of him. "Let go!" Scarlet heard Isole call from the arena. With a nod, she let go of the tail, sending her flying towards the other side of the ring. As she slowed herself down with her wings, she saw Isole fire off a Blizzard at the King, one that was now pelting him. Taking her chance once more, Scarlet dived right back in, jumping through the air and slamming down both of her fists on top of the fossil's head.

The king buckled as the attack came in, stumbling back as drops of blood flew through the air. He looked up at Scarlet, a stream of blood dripping down on the side of his face. "Alright, looks like this is it, come at me!" He shouted, raising his arms as meteors started raining down once more, this time smaller than before. He then charged towards her, aiming to slam his head down on her.

"This ends now!" Scarlet responded, striking one of the meteors coming at her. The explosion singed her hand, but she didn't seem to notice as her eyes locked onto the kings. As his head started coming down towards her, she darted to the left, standing out of the way, and threw in a quick Bullet Punch at his side in retaliation. She wondered how much longer this could go on and, more importantly, which one of them would collapse first.

Team Karaoke, Into The Lair

Gwen was relieved to see that everyone, while reluctant, was ready to go. The berries gave her pause. She hesitated before grabbing some and ended up waiting to be sure there was enough for the rest to take before grabbing any.

When Shaymin announced they'd be coming with she was surprised. A moment of uncertainty crossed her face before she smiled. "That would ease my concerns, somewhat, having you there with us."

Kayla nodded, casting a curious glance at the ghost, and told Shaymin "Thank you." softly.

With all that out the way the group made their way into the cave. Gwen lighting their way with her Mystical Fire.

The cave didn't seem any different than any other at first. Dark, cramped, and surrounded on all sides by rock. Over time they could tell that they were going lower. And the air felt warmer, and heavier somehow, as they continued. The walls began to look wrong somehow. As though they were moving slightly as they traveled. Though touching them revealed there was no change.

Eventually they could see the tunnel they were moving down branched off towards the side. And a light was coming from the opening there.

Gwen had been moving slowly, carefully, and had ended up in the back of the group. When she saw the light she knew. She wasn't sure how, and the others would feel a similar thing, but there was a certainty that this was their destination.

As the group entered the opening Gwen heard a voice in her head. "Wait." It told her. She paused. A sense of dread forming in her gut. She knew what that voice meant. She had tried to not think about it. But she knew what had to happen next. "Remember your mission, Gwendoline." The voice said. "You must wait. Until the right moment."

She hesitated at the edge of the opening as the others walked through it. Once they were all past a shadowy, dark, wall of energy sprang up. Separating her from the others. Before it did she whispered "I'm sorry."

They wouldn't have much time to respond to this. The cavern they had entered was so bizarre that some might not even have noticed.

There was a pool of lava in the center of the room. Which seemed to illuminate the area. Another pool, this one of water, was at the end of the cavern on the left. Though it was located on the ceiling instead of the floor. The water ran down the wall and, where it should pool at the bottom, it instead turned into some sort of black sludge.

On the other side was a darkness that they couldn't see through. The light from the lava seemed to reach it but couldn't pierce the darkness.

A low rumble could be heard. The darkness started to creep back, forming a shadow along the wall.

On the ceiling was a throne. A throne made from skulls. And on that throne was a person. White haired, hunched over, with a body that seemed to be wasted away from hunger.

The room was dreadfully silent until the figure let out a groan and began to rise. The sound of bones cracking accompanied their movement.

Then they took a step and were on the ground, walking towards the group.

The figure, more of a creature, stared at them with blazing red eyes.

They slowly licked their lips and spoke. The voice that came out sounded like a hoarse whisper. "It has been. So long. Since any have come here. I'm. So hungry. But not for long." She craned her neck and looked at Shaymin. "You seem familiar. Looking at you...makes me want to rip you apart."

Suddenly the room was filled with an immense pressure. And a dark energy flared up around her. "You who have stepped into Giratina's lair. I thank you. For the meal."

BGM

Spoiler

Dun dun duuuuuuun. Gwen is unable to reach you and you her. And now they have revealed themselves. Giratina.

Gonna open things up a little more here so you don't have to just do one thing and stop. Not total freedom but I want this to be a bit...looser than the other fights.

Giratina, level 94, Pressure. Moves: ???

The king howled as he made contact with Taiga. The attack sent the shark girl flying across the room and crashing into the floor. But as she fell a ghastly energy ripped from her and struck the man. He seemed to barely keep himself standing as Scarlet and Isole came for him with joint attacks.

The last punch Scarlet delivered to the side nearly caused the man to black out. He seemed to barely be keeping himself standing as she swung another time under his chin.

The large man stumbled back and seemed to freeze in place with his head snapped backed. Staring up at the ceiling.

Then, swaying, he fell to his knees. He stayed like that for a moment before a smile crossed his face. "Good work, warriors, that was quite the show. It was fun, getting to fight like this, but my time has been long since up. Go on. They're waiting for you."

Then the scene faded away and they all found themselves floating in a void. Strange objects, some that they couldn't recognize, floated past them at a rapid rate. A sundial could be seen high above them, and the shadow spun one way then the other, and a chiming noise could be heard.

Then everything stopped. There was nothing around. The three of them were next to each other but unable to make contact. Just floating in the middle of nothingness.

Two figures appeared before them. Each of them felt much more powerful than the king. Yet they seemed much less threatening at that. They almost seemed familiar to the three. And they knew the names before even they spoke.

Dialga, God of Time.

Palkia, God of Space.

Two of the Legends who came before most others. Who formed the very world itself. They were silent for a moment, though it was uncertain just how long, before they spoke.

"You have passed our trials."

"You have been deemed worthy."

"Welcome to the inner sanctum."

"Welcome to the edge of time and space."

Then, both at once, they asked one question. "What has brought you here to us?"

Spoiler

Aaaand now it's done. Taiga and Scarlet has gained 3 levels.

You now stand before Dialga and Palkia. If you want any responses let me know. And don't worry, no more combat.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Taiga had lost consciousness for a while, smiling the whole time she was knocked out.  When she had come to her senses, she seemed to be floating.  It was a good thing, because in her condition, she likely wouldn't have even been able to stand.  Her bruised and bloody body hung around in the deep void, the only object visible being a sundial.  Taiga rolled her eyes, as she looked for the other two.  They seemed to have won after her all out gambit.  She wasn't the least bit surprised though.  Those two always seemed to clean up the mess she left behind.  Bringing her eyes forward, she noticed that two other Gijinka had appeared before the Team.  Somehow, it was put into Taiga's head that these two were the progenitors of the entire universe.  Dialga and Palkia.  Beings of Space and Time. 

"Nice place you got here..." Taiga joked, "A bit boring, but all you Legends seem to be like that.  Fufufu."

"You have passed our trials."

"You have been deemed worthy."

"Welcome to the inner sanctum."

"Welcome to the edge of time and space."

Then, both at once, they asked one question. "What has brought you here to us?"

"Some time lord you are, huh?  Can't you just look into the future or somethin' for that answer?"  Taiga felt a sharp pain hit her side, as if on of her ribs had just punctured a lung.  "It hurts to talk, so I don't wanna blab on too long, you know?"  Just as she had felt the burning sensation a second ago, now it seemed to be fine.  Taiga lifted her hand from her side, and looked to the Legend.  Whether it was by their grace, or the powers of this place, she wasn't going to thank them just yet.

"The future changes constantly, as those in the present, make and change decisions."

"Yeah yeah, you just wanna hear it straight from the sharks mouth.  Not like I have many decisions to make here anyways.  Jeez can't you just make my job a little easier?"  Taiga sighed.  "Listen, I know you've been holed up in this place for who knows how long, but Rayquaza says he needs your help."

"That may be why you were sent. But why are you here? Why did you, Taiga of the oceans of Northshore, and Scarlet of Mowloo, take on this task?"

"What kind of a question is that?"  Taiga crossed her arms.  "I'm trying to live a comfortable life.  I can't do that when some wackos are disturbing the natural order of things, now can I?"  

"An interesting answer. You may not know it but there are many in this land who would not rise up to this.  Those who would not lift a finger to stop anything. Do you truly do all this without hesitation?"

"W-well yeah!"  Taiga said, placing her fists on her hips.  "I'm Taiga the Terrible...I ain't scared of anything, and nothin's been able to stop me so far!"  She scratched the back of her head, a thought itching at her skull.  "The only thing really makin' me hesitate is airin' out all of Rayquaza's dirty laundry...I ain't an errand girl!  I'm the Tyrant of the seven seas!"  

"True. Your power has been proven. As has your mind. You have earned the right to ask us anything you wish. You were chosen for this task because you were the right ones to do it." The two glance at each other. Then Dialga speaks again. "We can't leave here. Not anymore. But we can help. Across this region there are more like you. We cannot fight ourselves but we can gather these souls. Who stand against the threat to our world instead of hide from it. Rayquaza may believe Legends are needed to face this threat but it means nothing if the people do not rise to it as well." He crosses his arms. "Is there not anything you want to know for yourself, after coming this far?"

"Geez...I guess that's good enough...just hope the big green bean doesn't bite my damn head off."  Taiga thought long and hard to ask her very own question.  "A question, huh?"  She bit her lip, until it popped into her head.  "Are my friends going to make it through this fight?"  She looked to Isole for a split second, then back to the two.  She stared intently, waiting for the answer.  

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine was relieved to see that Shaymin was able to help them recover up before their showdown with the legend, nodding in thanks to her as he took the berries she created to heal up. With that out of the way and the party ready to go, Nine began to walk into the cave proper alongside everyone else. Once in there, the Houndoom looked around the rather perplexing walls of the cave. With a curious and concerned look on his face, Nine examined the strange shifting of the walls, cautiously running his hand along it only to realize that they were just regular old walls. Pulling it away as he saw that there was no actual difference between the strange shifting walls he was seeing and a regular stone wall, Nine simply continued walking forward curious about just what kind of legend Giratina was. 

As soon as they got into the main chamber, though, Houndoom looked behind him wide eyed to see Gwen apologizing before vanishing behind a wall of darkness. Reaching a hand out towards the darkness, but stopping short, the man's face was simply expressionless as he looked towards it. There was no shock, or fear, or anger or anything on his face. Simply a sort of acceptance. With his hand returning to his side, he sighed and simply muttered, "destiny calls, I guess." Turning around, Nine then saw the truly bizarre room he had found himself in. Though he was certain that everything he was seeing was real, there was a bizarre clash of what should be physically possible and what he was actually seeing that he was simply left perplexed by the whole thing. However, this feeling was soon replaced by a sudden weight and intensity as the legend they were looking for appeared. 

Though the room and cave before hand were clear signs of it, looking at the bestial body of the legend before him allowed him to fully grasp just what kind of legend he was dealing with. If there was a single word he could use to describe them, it was simply "twisted." Raphael had been a good indicator that he was most likely mentally twisted, as was the legend's opening comments to them, but it was far beyond that. It was simply like they just didn't belong - that everything they represented and could do were a complete perversion of the rest of the world they inhabited. That they were their at the world's creation was of no surprise to Nine, as the legend itself seemed to have been living in a world that was completely divorced from their own. And yet they, the sole being of a twisted world, was here in their world. 

All the same, as the legend croaked out its greetings to them, Nine couldn't help but think the apple didn't fall from the tree from legend to disciple. The same sense of fear and dread that had been present with Raphael was certainly present yet again - in fact more so with the added weight of its sheer presence. While there was a slight tremble at the sight of the legend, all that had escaped his mouth was, "well, you don't really seem like the talking type, nor do I think there's anything to gain from speaking with you. So let's just get this over with." 

Nine was surprised by his own dismissive attitude towards perhaps one of the oldest legends, though there was only one thing he could think of as to how that happened. He was in awe. He was afraid. But more than anything, he had finally been able to parse his feelings as the wall behind him at separated him from his fellow companion. He was annoyed. Though he was able to sort his feelings out, it didn't change his admittedly dire situation any more and so, Nine assumed a fighting stance, launching a dark pulse towards the legend.

Shaymin smiled at Lok as she replied. "It is the least I could for what you will be doing. Together." Her eyes slid toward Gwen for a moment before averting her gaze. Though she turned back toward the Mismagius when she addressed her, as well as Kayla. "You're welcome. I..." she took a deep breath as she seemed to gather herself. "I cannot run away. As a legendary, how could I run from what you all will face without hesitation?" Her smile grew bitter. "It seems things have not changed as much as I thought. Chasers are still so foolish and brave. I don't understand...why you or my other self act this way."

The legendary walked into the cave with the others, though she ended up at the front as she seemed to know which way to go. She started to shiver as the air changed, slowing slightly before taking a gulp of air and resuming her former pace. As the tunnel branched, she turned to the side, toward the light.

When the wall of darkness separated Gwen from the others, she didn't turn back and look, nor appear surprised. Instead, she faced forward, toward the creature in front of them. The woman seemed almost paralyzed with fear, eyes wide as she forgot to breathe.

"It has been. So long. Since any have come here. I'm. So hungry. But not for long." Giratina craned their neck and looked at the woman. "You seem familiar. Looking at you...makes me want to rip you apart."

"Y-you won't recognize me...not this me, anyway," Shaymin replied, taking in a ragged breath. "B-but that doesn't matter. Other me might b-be stronger, but..." though her legs still shook, her expression firmed. "I-I am not alone." She looked at the others with her. "We will stop you, G-G-Giratina!"

As Nine launched a Dark Pulse at the aberrant legendary, the woman followed up with a familiar shock wave of green light bursting from her body. However, the move looked quite draining as the gijinka's chest heaved with exertion, though her eyes still shone bright with determination.

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

Into the Lair Team Karaoke

Lok followed behind Shaymin as the group made their way deeper and deeper into the cave. The cave seemed to get darker and darker as they walked down, until eventually they reached a room that was illuminated by lava, although even that wasn't enough to illuminate the deeper portion of the room. Strange sludge gathered around the walls, seemingly coming from a pool of water in the ceiling.

They didn't have much time to look at everything, however, as Giratina walked out of the darkness. Lok stumbled back as a fierce pressure filled the room, before clutching his fists. He had come too far to cower in fear now. Taking a deep breath, Lok extended his arm out and pointed his finger at Giratina. The ghost fired the Will-o-Wisp towards the legendary, walking back as he did. He felt his back hit something, turning around to see Gwen on the other side of a shadowy wall. "Gwen?" Lok said, placing his hand on the shadowy wall. When did she get separated from them? More importantly, how had Lok not noticed before? He let out an exhausted sigh, lightly tapping his fingers on the shadows.

As Scarlet delivered the finishing blow, the King collapsed on his knees and congratulated the group. Scarlet didn't have anything to say - it was hard to speak between her heavy breathing and exhaustion. Another thing that made it hard for her to talk to him was the sudden change of scenery, the ring around them transforming back into the void. She let her body relax as she felt herself floating in nothingness, strange objects flying past them.

Eventually, or soon after, Scarlet was having a hard time figuring out, they "stopped" soaring through the void, finding themselves in front of Dialga and Palkia. "We were sent on Rayquaza's behalf." Scarlet answered their question and, as Taiga said the same thing, Dialga asked them the same question on a more personal level. "Why did I take this task?" She said, before responding quickly. "I came here to get help. So that I can stop the Godslayers once and for all!" She answered, more passionately than she thought she could manage at that moment.

She frowned as she heard that they weren't going to directly help, although they were going to aid them in their own way. It was something, at the very least. Dialga then posed something of his own. Scarlet thought for a second about what she was going to ask, although it didn't take long for her to know what she wanted to ask. She turned to the duo. "Will Cobalion and the other swords come to help?"

The two Legends nodded at Scarlet's response. "Your answer is simple, but honest, there is strength in that." Palkia said.

"Are my friends going to make it through this fight?"

"Will Cobalion and the other swords come to help?"

The duo closed their eyes and considered the questions. There was a long silence before Dialga opened his eyes. "Great hardship will follow. However if you are able to stay on your path, stay true to yourself, and fight as one your loses will be...minimal."

"Though this also depends on the Godslayers." Palkia added. "They are strong, and may now hold the power to change everything. Either way time is running out before it's too late."

Then, to Scarlet, Dialga nodded. "They will take part in the battle. Even young Keldeo."

"However you will not fight the same foes. Your destination is somewhere darker than theirs."

Then they spoke together again. "To those who have passed our trial we give you a chance to rewrite yourselves. Even in a small amount. Techniques thought forgotten, or abandoned, may come back to you in this place."

"Is there anything else you wish of us?"

Spoiler

Okay here's the deal. Y'all can now edit your movesets. And replace moves with any move of lower level than your current level. Or Move Tutor or Egg moves. Anything beyond moves higher level or those that are TMs basically. Lemme know what you want to change so I can be sure it's not too crazy. Go off USUM lists since SWSH stuff happened after everything was already planned out move-wise for the RP.

Aaaand the next post I make will be the last I write for the team. So if there's ANYthing else you want from Palkia or Dialga now's the time.

Team Karaoke, Giratina's Lair

With a croaking noise Giratina opened her mouth as Lok's flames moved across the air towards her. She let out a shuddering breath and a dark purple, with flecks of black, energy came from her mouth. Enveloping the flames and causing them to fade away.

She twitched as Nine and Shaymin's attacks hit. Her eyes flashed briefly with anger that soon faded back into the hungry stare she had before. "You dare to touch me. I created this world. I deserve more than I was given." She started to twitch more. Body jerking in different directions as her gaze moved from Lok, to Nine, to Shaymin. "I'll take it back. I'll take it all back. Starting with your souls."

Upon saying that the woman vanished from sight. Seemingly stepping backwards into a void. An eerie silence followed until, with what sounded like a far off shriek, Giratina emerged behind Shaymin and brought a hand, covered in ghostly energy, down on the girl's back.

In that moment Kayla, having dipped away the same moment, copying Giratina's actions, emerged above the Legend. There was a pained, frightened, look on her face. As though by using that move she had seen something terrible, but she managed to attack the Legend with a ghostly kick to the head.

Giratina groaned but reached out with surprising swiftness. Grabbing the girl by the face and holding her up. Giratina's arms seemed unnaturally longer, and thinner, than before as she held the Accelgor for a moment. Before slamming her down into the ground.

Over by the barrier, which had appeared by the entrance they had come from, Lok could hear a voice. It was familiar to him though he had never heard it before. And he knew whose voice it was without having to ask. "Child of Alpha. Do your duty. Slay Giratina. This is the task I trust to you."

Spoiler

Giratina, level 94, Pressure. Moves: Dragonbreath, Shadow Force, ???
If you wanna know who the voice is, Rep, let me know.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

"To those who have passed our trial we give you a chance to rewrite yourselves. Even in a small amount. Techniques thought forgotten, or abandoned, may come back to you in this place."

"Rewrite myself, huh?"  She pondered, tapping her foot on the floor.  She wondered if there was any way to learn that one technique that Tyrantrum had used on her, the one where she basically gave up on life.  Somehow, the space around her seemed to say it was possible.  That's when she shook her head.  "I wanna learn how to do that!  Giga Impact!"  Just as soon as the words left her mouth, she could feel the venom from her teeth fade away, and she could feel the power surge within her.  Her fists tightened, as she gave the two a wide grin.  "Swell!  I can't wait to knock someone around with that attack!  It was wild!"

"Is there anything else you wish of us?"

Taiga thought again for a moment.  She had fought only one godslayer before, but their power was on par with the legends themselves.  Taking on multiple of them seemed like a suicide mission.  

"I know it's kinda strange to hear this from me and all," she turned a slight hue of red for a moment, "but is there anyway for ya'll to make us stronger?  And I don't mean a boost in experience...I'm just afraid that going up against these guys is gonna need more oomph than anything."  

EOlaaCE.png?1

While Nine was glad to see that his attack had managed to land, he was still on guard and awaiting what the legend would do next, Giratina seeming none too slowed down by either his or Shaymin's assault. Nine could only look warily and unsettled as Giratina snapped from looking to each of the people here, before vanishing from his view. Nine wasn't quite sure what had just happened, unsure if the legend was hiding or had turned invisible or what. However, as a shriek resounded throughout the cave, Nine went wide eyed as he saw the beast appear from behind Shaymin. As it brought down a dark energy claw down at the legend, Nine couldn't move to react, both due to the suddenness and strangeness of the attack, as well as the pressure that came from standing right near a legend. 

Thankfully, Kayla had been quick to the draw striking into the legend but not without being retaliated against. "Kayla!" Shouting as he watched the Accelgor get smashed into the ground, Nine fired off a dark pulse against the legend. As it was paying attention to Kayla, they were struck without much resistance, wincing at the attack. As the attack was registered, they dropped Kayla and snapped to look towards Nine. With a fierce and hungry look in its eyes, the legend let out a coarse breath before a gout of draconic flame erupted from its mouth. 

Surprised by the suddeness of it, Nine backpedaled away, using his own flames in an attempted to parry the dragon breath away. As he stumbled, managing to only be singed in the shoulder by the fire, the wind was suddenly knocked out of him as the forearm of Giratina whipped into him. Continuing to close the distance between the two of them, Giratina stepped forward and grabbed at Nine's arm. As the legend yanked Nine forward, beginning to get ready for yet another breath attack, Nine had to think fast and off his feet. Charging with a dark aura of his own,  Nine punched at Giratina, striking them with a force much greater than his own body was capable of making. Catching the legend by surprise, they let go of him and let their breath out far quicker than before as they tossed Nine away as a result.  

Bracing himself, being turned into a projectile Nine was hit by the flames less than he would've been were he just standing there, but still winced in pain as then stumbled forward and landed on the ground with a thud. Letting out a grunt, Nine slowly picked himself up from the ground as he looked back to the legend, still on guard  for what it would do next. 

"T-the world isn't yours to take!" Shaymin shook her head. "It belongs to all of us who l-live on it." The legendary wouldn't have long to talk, however, as soon afterward, she was crushed into the ground under the force of Giratina's shadowy attack. Letting out a cry of pain, she slowly picked herself up, though she seemed more preoccupied with the state of the others.

"Kayla! Nine!" she shouted, taking a few steps toward them before shaking her head and turning to face Giratina. "How cruel..." she whispered. "Is this how a legendary should act?" She glanced around, taking note of the distance the others were from the legendary before lowering herself to the ground and closing her eyes. Soon afterward, the earth underneath Giratina buckled open, erupting with power that glowed bright yellow and orange.