LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

hqWiIfT.png
Inventory: Good Rod, Antidote, Kasib Berry

This was probably not a safe position to be in. Right in front of Allie, Nani's own movement slowed even further, with the Tyranitar's hand reaching out to grab Nani. However, this was exactly the spot Nani needed to be in right now. As Allie grabbed Nani by the throat, an idea popped into the Mimikyu's mind. Namely, as long as Allie had one arm committed to Nani, that was one less arm to focus on everyone else with. She wasn't the sturdiest team member by any metric, but she tried to consider this as a way of making up for sitting out every other fight so far, and only showing up at the last second against Blake and Yveltal. Plus, Allie wasn't the only one here with a scary face.

And so, as Allie reached her arm out, Nani abruptly tossed her head back, taking the sorry ribbons of her hood off her face and exposing what lurked underneath in its entirety to Allie, staring right back at her with a copy of that same frightening aura. Then, as the Tyranitar grabbed Nani, she swung her lower half back, then quickly forward, kicking at Allie's ribs. Ideally, by playing rough like this, she'd be able to get out of the Tyranitar's grip before she did anything too serious, and springboard off her opponent. That just left the question of what to do next if that all worked out like that.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Who's to say the Legends deserve that power either? The power belongs to who takes it. That's how this world has always worked, for better or worse. I'm not just going to sit back and do nothing! Arrgh, just shut up for once, all of you! "

It was obvious that Allie was just a few berries short of a malasada, least it seemed that way to Randy. If anything, if the Legends did what they did and the world kept turning...why would anyone want to fix it? The only thing he'd have on the whole thing with the Legends is why there was zero help on Alola in regards to that sudden sneak attack by whatever those invaders were. That there would be one thing...but trying to end the Legends to take their power and have the world reborn anew? That was out there.

Though now Randy had to focus on something else...Allie had Nani grabbed by the throat...but noticed the surprise attack at first from the Mimikyu at the Tyranitar's side and immediately she dropped to a knee. That there was when it clicked for the Incineroar.

Looks like I might've just found the weak spot. he thought, smirking slightly. Making a quick dash, Randy began to close the gap between him and the Tyranitar, prepared a Brick Break. If things worked properly, he would be able to deliver a strong Brick Break right to Allie's side. And that would most likely help them out in the long run. It was a gamble...but someone had to roll that dice.

8GrkkS0.png

While the others seemed frustrated that Mia got away, Ari could only be relieved. Relieved that they all made it out okay. He'd take Mia being alive and having escaped "justice" if it meant that they were alive and well too. Once Elsa left to go check on her wife, that left just the three of them and Tornadus. Who also seemed ready to leave. Or at least ready to not go home. "I'm not going home. I feel it. Some of the others are getting together finally. I think I'll do them a favor and join them."

"Oh yeah, Celebi mentioned something like that," Ari nodded sagely. "There's a big fight or something that's gonna happen." He frowned. "I just hope that we'll be ready, and that nobody gets hurt. But I know...some people are gonna get hurt anyway." He frowned.

--

m0FODxE.png

Phione. Somehow, miracle of all miracles, they had found Phione. Easter was glad of that because he didn't think he'd have been able to find them. He'd been too busy making sure Dora was safe, which was a full-time job by itself. He could sympathize with Brooke. Phione looked to be somewhat similar. Simply nodding in reply to the legendary's question, Easter didn't say much more. Chitchat could wait until later, if the noises he could hear up ahead were any indication.

Soon enough they had met up with Brooke, and the Emboar was in the middle of a battle with a Wailord...that Dora knew. Sighing at this predicament, the Sylveon said, "Let’s just go." He didn't really want to linger here much longer.

--

UmBSVSF.png

The others were busy talking with Allie, but Keanu kept silent. People like her, stubborn through and through, wouldn't listen to a thing anybody said. The only thing they listened to was strength. Like Blake. The Pikachu sighed, and attempted to get his head back into the battle. While he hadn't been paying attention, still a little distracted by the memories of seeing...whatever Nani was, Marie and Randy had a fresh look of determination on their faces, as if they knew something he didn't.

Moving forward, the Pikachu was going to add his attack to the mix when...Nani took off her hood. Freezing, the electric type immediately averted his eyes, choking slightly. He was going to attack, but right now, he couldn't possibly...not when Nani, no--when that thing was doing...whatever it was doing. So instead he closed his eyes, ducked his head, and let the dark thoughts overwhelm his psyche.

--

ZzcS3Rf.png

By the time Shaymin opened her eyes again, the group was back in Alpha. She woke up quietly, and unobtrusively, staying silent as she listened to the tail end of the conversation. However, as soon as the entity was mentioned, she began to tremble.

"Of course, this isn't only my decision to make. Shaymin's the one unsealing the barrier right? So, she ultimately has to be fine with it as well."

"I-I'm not fine," Shaymin whimpered. "How could you ask me...to face...that thing?" she ducked her head. "To break the barrier...that is the only thing holding it back." She shook her head. "No no no no no! I cannot! You're all mad for even suggesting that!" She jumped up, turning back once to give the group a look of both fear and anger, before running away.

Edited by Sethera

"I'm not going home. I feel it. Some of the others are getting together finally. I think I'll do them a favor and join them."

"Oh yeah, Celebi mentioned something like that," Ari nodded sagely. "There's a big fight or something that's gonna happen." He frowned. "I just hope that we'll be ready, and that nobody gets hurt. But I know...some people are gonna get hurt anyway."

"Yeah, the big fight," Kazo sighed. "It'd be nice if we could just, you know, join the Legends. With our luck, we'd run into it anyways, but it'd be at least neat to meet everyone," He sighed. "I guess we'll just have to wander onto the battlefield as usual...," He smiled and looked at Tornadus. "Still, it's reassuring that you're joining them," He looked over to Mac while flopping onto his back, staring at her. "So, what do you wanna do? You wanna rest until morning, or go wandering now?"

"Hiiii Doug! Are you stuck!" Well, of course Dora knew who this was. That just made too much sense, thinking back on it.

"Hi Dora!" The Wailord called back happily.

"What now? Is it time for a picnic? But I didn't bring a basket!"

"Let's just go," Easter had a great idea, and Denku nodded in agreement, moving along. The sooner they left, the better.

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

Deadlands Team Karaoke

Lok pumped his fist as Gwen's father and the Enforcer filled in Nine with some information. He seemed to be willing to help afterwards, which was great. "Great!" Lok said, turning to Shaymin and noticing her distress. She didn't seem keen on letting go of the barrier, afraid of what lied behind it. So much so that she not only said she wasn't willing to let go of the barrier, but made a run for it. "Shaymin!" Lok shouted, immediately following after her. He felt bad for the legend, and didn't particularly want to force her to lower the barrier. Still, he couldn't let her run around the city like this, especially not now. He chased after the legend.

Skuldafn Team Showdown

When they got to Skuldafn, Scarlet noticed that Rayquaza hadn't wasted any time by planting them right in front of some pedestal and Druddigon, who didn't seem pleased to see them. Judging from what they were saying, they seemed to be some sort of disciples of Rayquaza. Scarlet turned to Taiga as she made her way towards the two, giving the group a confident smile before speaking to them. She had to admit, Taiga's performance was very well done, even bowing before the two Druddigon. Scarlet did the same, before looking up towards the Druddigon.

"As my friend said, we have been sent here by Lord Rayquaza himself." She simple said, staying knelled down until Taiga herself got up.

Brooke patted Dora on the head. She was tired, but the sight of her little girl was more than enough to revitalize her weary muscles. “I’ve just been a little busy. Listen, we’re gonna get you out of here, okay? We still gotta finish this adventure.” She scooped the little girl up and ruffled her hair. “Whaddaya say? Wanna go with us?”

Dora giggled and buried her face in Brooke's chest. Slightly muffled she responded, "Imma come. I was gonna anyway I'm not done exploring the 'up there' place."

Relief flooded the older woman and she hugged Dora close. She had been right; Dora wasn’t meant to be trapped beneath the waves, not against her will. “In that case, no time to waste. The guards will be here any minute now. We gotta get moving.” Easter and Denku were already ready to move, so keeping Dora in her arms, Brooke followed suit. “Sorry about everything Doug! I didn’t want to fight you!” she shouted back over her shoulder as she did, guilt still fresh over assaulting what was effectively a child mentally.

Team Karaoke, Alpha

"but, well, I trust you and Lok and really you could've asked me to help any time."

Gwen felt relieved about most of what Nine said. Except for that part. She couldn't meet the Houndoom's eyes. No, she really couldn't have asked any time. She didn't even know she had something that she wanted his help with until they got here. But would he understand if she told him that? So she just gave him a small smile. "Well I suppose it all worked out anyway. I thank you...Honestly, I was worried. I should have gotten many more to help yet it seemed that I couldn't keep more than one with me. I really messed this up didn't I?"

All those people who were supposed to be her allies that had abandoned her along the way. The fact that only one, not counting their most recent addition, had come along this far really showed her the nature of the people here.

She let out a gasp at Shaymin's sudden departure. "W-wait, no, you don't have to...fight..." She said, arm outstretched, but the girl had taken off. Lok went after her but Gwendoline hesitated. She glanced back at her father and the Enforcer, both with grim expressions, and then back towards where Shaymin was running, a look of fear in her eyes.

Kayla was already on the move as Shaymin began to run. Easily able to keep pace with the Legend and even getting out in front of her without being noticed. Until she decided to reveal herself, a couple dozen feet in front of the girl. "Um. Hold on....please." The girl said, practically under her breath.

Team Alola, Trailsau 

Allie grimaced as she saw the face under Nani's mask. "And they call me a monster." She muttered, recoiling slightly. As Marie's water attack struck the back of her knee she cursed and buckled. Just barely forcing herself to stay upright instead of falling to the ground. The hit left a burning feeling on her leg and she figured that she'd be feeling that for a while. Then Nani kicked her in the same place again and Allie felt a rib crack.

Cursing again she went to slam her fist into the girl's ugly face but paused. She turned towards Randy swiftly and, as the Incineroar came down with a Brick Break, created a shield out of her Stone Edge. The attack cracked the hastily made weapon and broke through. Allie's eyes widened slightly in surprise as she pitched herself to the side. Landing on her side, and crying out in pain, she rolled back up to her feet. "Shit, shit, shit." She muttered, stumbling back into a combat stance. She kept her eyes on Randy and Nani, dark aura surrounding her body, as she attempted to steady her breathing. Things were getting worse for her but she didn't plan on backing down. "I've still got enough fight in me to take you down." She snarled.

But what about after?

She bit her tongue. She'd worry about that after burying these guys.

Team Showdown, Skuldafn

"We are but humble servants of his Greenne-...his Highness.  He has demanded that we seek council with your Elder, for guidance with the upcoming battles he faces. As you could plainly see, his almighty Twister is what brought us to Skuldafn."

"As my friend said, we have been sent here by Lord Rayquaza himself."

Isole wasn't surprised to see Scarlet bowing but something about Taiga did it just made her stomach curl. It seemed so disturbingly unnatural that Isole had to stare at the girl for several moments to be sure that it was, indeed, Taiga there.

The Druddigon looked to her and she didn't meet their eyes. She regretted having spoken up in the first place so she just bowed her head and muttered. "What they said."

They looked towards each other, uncertain. "I did think that the Twister felt like it contained great power." One of them offered.

"Yeah, their story might be true...I don't get why he didn't send a Dragon though..."

"I'll go get the elder. Stay here with them."

And with that one of the Druddigon left. The other watched the three warily as several minutes passed. And several more. Isole was getting more anxious as she felt the Dragon's gaze linger on her and she tried to keep her calm as to avoid the chilly air around her from spreading.

Finally there was movement. But it wasn't the other Druddigon, nor did it look like any sort of elder.

Instead it was a tall girl with a horn and long tail.

"Lady Lysa!" The Druddigon said. "But, the elder..."

"My father is communing with the spirits." the girl said. "I decided to come see the strangers myself." She looked at the three and shook her head. "Stand up straight, I will not have anyone enter our city bowing and scraping." With a gesture for the guard to remain at his post she started her way back up the steep path leading towards the mountains.

The path curved towards the right, then left, leading them between a pair of mountain peaks, until finally they ended at the top of a hill.

From their position they could see the entirety of the city. It was much smaller than Isole had expected, compared to other cities, with what seemed like less than a hundred buildings. They all were made of stone and were without roofs. The city itself was nestled between more mountains. Surrounded on all sides except for a single path by the menacing landmarks. From their position they could see that the one area that looked different from the others was built into the side of the mountain at the far end of the city. A place with several faded statues of draconic warriors. On the mountain itself seemed to be a large, circular, door.

Lysa gestured down at the village. "This is Skuldafn, it is a place that not many of non-Dragon origin have seen. I will bring you to the elder if you wish but remember. If you come here to cause any trouble even the weakest among us would be more than a match for any of you." She said it proudly, with complete confidence she was right.

Team Mac, Ogren

"I just hope that we'll be ready, and that nobody gets hurt. But I know...some people are gonna get hurt anyway."

"Well that's easy." Mac said, rolling her eyes. "All we gotta do is make sure to beat up the bad guys right? Doesn't matter how big a fight it is if we win before anyone else can be hurt." She looked Ari up and down and mentioned. "Say, have you gotten taller since we first met? You look...I dunno, bigger somehow."

"So, what do you wanna do? You wanna rest until morning, or go wandering now?"

"Ew, who'd wanna rest after all that excitement?" Mac said. "Come on let's see if there's something else to do! Plus I bet your mom wants to hear all about how you beat up a bad guy." She grinned at Kazo.

With everything calming down Tornadus took their leave and the group got out of the way of those going around cleaning up the mess left behind. As they went through the city they'd notice the adults looking warily at them, as if unsure what to think about the strange group anymore. However the younger denizens of Ogren were a different story. As they walked around they slowly picked up a herd of kids following them.

It wasn't until Mac spun around to confront them that they said anything. After arguing among themselves who was going to step up. "Hey. Uh. So you guys fought with The Great Green One right? What was he like? How'd it feel? Did he teach you any cool moves? Why did he let you help him if you're all so small?" After the first moment of hesitation the kids swarmed them and began asking all sorts of questions revolving around Tornadus.

Team Neo Not Dark, Merm Palace

Dora seemed to forget her suggestion of a picnic once Brooke picked her up but Phione had latched onto the idea. "What is...a picnic?" She asked. "Is that what you are bringing me to?"

Upon deciding to head out Dora declared that she would lead them back. Then, realizing that she was being held, corrected herself. "Brooke will lead us!" Then she proceeded to give directions to the woman by way of pointing with her head.

Behind them Doug called out, responding to Brooke, "Oh that's all right." as they left.

Dora started to lead them directly towards the sound of voices with the logic of, "If there are people there then the people here should go to the people there." Once told this would be a bad idea she remembered where they were supposed to go. "To the 'go away' place!" She called out and led them back to the throne room.

There they found that the throne was slid to the side and a stairway could be seen under it.

Standing in front of it was a Kingdra, one Easter had seen earlier. He looked at the group sadly. "So, this is how you were going to do it then?" He positioned himself in front of the stairs. "I don't know why the queen let you take Dora, maybe you tricked her, or convinced her using her kind nature, but...I'm told the king has ordered us to keep her here. So...just give up now so this doesn't have to get violent."

8GrkkS0.png

"Well that's easy." Mac said, rolling her eyes. "All we gotta do is make sure to beat up the bad guys right? Doesn't matter how big a fight it is if we win before anyone else can be hurt."

Ari sweatdropped. "That's easier said than done..."

The Helioptile looked Ari up and down and mentioned. "Say, have you gotten taller since we first met? You look...I dunno, bigger somehow."

"Really?" the Litleo's eyes bugged out, as he looked down at himself. "I haven't noticed anything different, but I probably wouldn't notice myself." He started to grin, "Yippee! I'm finally growing! Watch out, I'm gonna be as big as a...as Entei."

"So, what do you wanna do? You wanna rest until morning, or go wandering now?"

"Ew, who'd wanna rest after all that excitement?" Mac said. "Come on let's see if there's something else to do! Plus I bet your mom wants to hear all about how you beat up a bad guy." She grinned at Kazo.

"Oh yeah!" Ari grinned up at him as well. "You gotta tell her all about it, Kazo!"

--

m0FODxE.png

"What is...a picnic?" Phione asked. "Is that what you are bringing me to?"

"Uhh...not exactly," Easter sweatdropped. "We're hopefully going to take you to see Mew. And maybe your mother too."

Following Dora, they almost fell into calamity multiple times, but the Wooper finally seemed to realize that they should be heading away from people rather than toward them. Eventually they made it into the throne room, in front of which stood a familiar Kingdra. He looked at the group sadly. "So, this is how you were going to do it then?" He positioned himself in front of the stairs. "I don't know why the queen let you take Dora, maybe you tricked her, or convinced her using her kind nature, but...I'm told the king has ordered us to keep her here. So...just give up now so this doesn't have to get violent."

The Sylveon felt his eye twitching at being stopped yet again. If only the queen could have distracted the gijinka longer. Stepping forward, he spoke up. "I understand that you have your orders, sir, but there are orders, and then there is what's best for Dora." He breathed in. "It's not like we're kidnapping her. We're her friends, and she wants to come with us. She needs to see the outside world, grow, and experience life to the fullest extent, and she can't do that by staying in one place for her entire life. The queen understands that." He looked down at the Wooper. "Why don't you ask Dora how she feels, if you still don't believe me?"

--

UmBSVSF.png

"Sometimes," Keanu sighed, plopping down on the sand, "sometimes I wonder what my brother's thinking in that thick head of his. He's a Lapras, but he wants to be a fighter." He choked out a laugh. "He has so many advantages that I don't. Everybody knows Lapras gijinka make the best surfers. He could be legendary, but he chooses to engage in dirty sports like boxing, wrestling, and all-and-out brawling. I don't get it." He glanced up at the Pikachu beside him, an older man with large creases around his sea-blue eyes. "I just can't relate to a guy like him at all."

The other Pikachu chuckled. "That's perfectly normal. You're not always going to understand others, and their beliefs. Nor will they understand yours. In these cases, it's best to meet them halfway."

"Halfway, huh?" Keanu scratched his head. "I dunno much about that. Is there even a halfway point for us? We both like exercise, but he's a fighting freak, and I love to surf."

"You both defy expectations," the older gijinka replied. "Just like me. Everybody told me I wouldn't be able to surf unless I evolved, but you and I have both proved them wrong. Your brother has probably been told the same thing, that Lapras gijinka are meant to surf. But if that is the case, why do you think he chooses to fight instead?"

"Because...that's what he wants to do," Keanu said slowly, then shook his head. "Except I already knew that! But...how could anybody choose not to surf?"

"And how could anybody choose not to fight?" the other Pikachu rejoined. "That is what your brother is thinking. The paths you two tread may be different, but you walk upon them with the same kind of single-minded determination. And there is something to be celebrated in that."

"Maybe..." Keanu sighed. "I still don't know how I can use that to get along with him better though. Doesn't matter if we both are passionate about something if they're two entirely different things...but thanks Puka."

"You're welcome," Puka nodded. "And...that is fine if you do not understand. One day you will."

-

"I think I understand now, Puka," Keanu muttered. "I hate fighting, but I've learned that sometimes you have to fight. And maybe that's why my brother wanted to do it. He wanted to be a fighter and protect the people he wanted to protect." He shook his head. "Brother...if only you were here now, instead of me. You would probably have taken care of Allie already, you, Randy, Marie, and Nani." He shuddered slightly at the last name, then chuckled darkly. "And here I stand...unable to do anything. Held back by fear. I guess that's just how I am."

The Pikachu let his head hang lower. "All these people...fighting for what they believe in. Just like my brother did." He raised his head, eyes determined. "I guess...it's time to meet them halfway then. Talk in the only way the people of Adarid seem to talk." The electric type lifted up his hands, clenching them. "With their fists."

He closed his eyes, power gathering around him. "This electricity...I will use it to connect our thoughts like a circuit. Maybe then, I will understand just why you all choose to fight." His eyes snapped open. "Charged Currentcruiser!"

A wave of electricity settled over the ground like a net. While it did not harm those it touched, it did cause their hair to stand on end a little, and they would feel as if they had just drank a cup of Komala Coffee. Keanu then hopped on his tail, floating about a foot off the air, right above the net of electricity. Sea green eyes flashing, he charged straight at Allie, a wall of electricity shooting up in his wake. Reaching the Tyranitar, he crashed into her like a bolt of lightning, the sound akin to a thunderclap.

Puka...are you watching me? I am meeting these people halfway. I, Keanu, who abhorred fighting before, am fighting for not only my life, but the lives of my friends. For my ohana.

--

ZzcS3Rf.png

Lok had begun to chase after Shaymin, but the legendary didn't stop, her fear spurring her forward with greater speed. She wasn't paying attention to where she was going, only knew that she had to leave this place. The woman was forced to stop, however, when Kayla appeared in front of her out of nowhere.

"Um. Hold on....please." The girl said, practically under her breath.

"No...nonono, I won't stop!" Shaymin shook her head frantically. "You don't understand, none of you do...what breaking the barrier will do. I was able to stop it last time with that but who knows what will happen this time?!" With that, she kept running forward. If Kayla didn't move out of the way, she would end up being crashed into.

Mac looked over Ari, which was unusual, but she said something else, something that confused Kazo a bit. "Say, have you gotten taller since we first met? You look...I dunno, bigger somehow."

"Really?" the Litleo's eyes bugged out, as he looked down at himself. "I haven't noticed anything different, but I probably wouldn't notice myself." He started to grin, "Yippee! I'm finally growing! Watch out, I'm gonna be as big as a...as Entei." Kazo didn't add to it. He didn't have the heart to tell Ari that he looked the same to him. That was probably because he was a lot taller than Ari though. Mac was closer in height and could get a better comparison. He decided to ask his question instead, and he got the answer he was expecting.

"Ew, who'd wanna rest after all that excitement?" Mac said. "Come on let's see if there's something else to do! Plus I bet your mom wants to hear all about how you beat up a bad guy." She grinned at Kazo.

"Oh yeah!" Ari grinned up at him as well. "You gotta tell her all about it, Kazo!" Kazo nodded as he stood back up.

"Well, that sounds good to me. Hey, maybe she'll even get us some food," Kazo said with a grin. So the group headed off, traveling through the town to get back to Denku's house. On the way, however, a crowd of kids began to follow them. Kazo was content enough to leave things be, but Mac spun around and confronted them. The answer was basically what Kazo expected.

"Hey. Uh. So you guys fought with The Great Green One right? What was he like? How'd it feel? Did he teach you any cool moves? Why did he let you help him if you're all so small?" After the first moment of hesitation the kids swarmed them and began asking all sorts of questions revolving around Tornadus.

"Tornadus? He was a pretty cool guy. Wanted to give me advice that'd... um... help, but he was attacked by the bad guys before he could...," Kazo said, trying to be both honest and paint Tornadus as a heroic kind of person. Which, he was a good person... Kazo just didn't think they'd need to try to emulate the legend's playboy-ness. "He didn't teach me anything directly... but watching him fight helped me figure out a new move," Kazo added. And then, there was the last question. "He probably let us help because he knew we fought against and with other Legends," Kazo finished with a shrug.

They almost made it to the end, they were almost home free. However, there was one last obstacle in their way.

"So, this is how you were going to do it then?" A Kingdra positioned himself in front of the stairs. "I don't know why the queen let you take Dora, maybe you tricked her, or convinced her using her kind nature, but...I'm told the king has ordered us to keep her here. So...just give up now so this doesn't have to get violent."

"I understand that you have your orders, sir, but there are orders, and then there is what's best for Dora." He breathed in. "It's not like we're kidnapping her. We're her friends, and she wants to come with us. She needs to see the outside world, grow, and experience life to the fullest extent, and she can't do that by staying in one place for her entire life. The queen understands that." He looked down at the Wooper. "Why don't you ask Dora how she feels, if you still don't believe me?"

"Yeah, you're not even keeping her safe by keeping her here, so don't even try to use that excuse," Denku added, motioning to Phione on his shoulders. "Your king was keeping a Legend's child holed up in the prison, and the second a Godslayer found out, they'd tear this city apart looking for her, and Dora would have been caught in the crossfire. You might think you're strong enough to face a Godslayer, but take it from someone who had to face several. They're freakishly strong. Letting us go is the easiest way to keep both Dora and this city safe,"

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Skuldafn

Taiga waited patiently, as the Druddigon seemed to buy her story.  Well...not that it was a total lie or anything.  She tapped her foot, as she saw a Dragonair Gijinka approach the team.  She was rather beautiful, and the guards seemed to take orders from her.  

"Lady Lysa!" The Druddigon said. "But, the elder..."

"My father is communing with the spirits." the girl said. "I decided to come see the strangers myself." She looked at the three and shook her head. "Stand up straight, I will not have anyone enter our city bowing and scraping." With a gesture for the guard to remain at his post she started her way back up the steep path leading towards the mountains. 

Taiga stood up straight, cracking her back.  

"Thanks Lys."  She said with a sly grin.  As they walked past the guards, she couldn't help but swing them a look their way.  She pulled her eyelid down, and let her tongue hang lazily over her jagged teeth.  "Buh-bye, boys!  Keep any low-lives you see out, would ya?"  

The path curved towards the right, then left, leading them between a pair of mountain peaks, until finally they ended at the top of a hill.  From their position they could see the entirety of the city.  All of the buildings were made of stone and were without roofs. The city itself was nestled between more mountains. Surrounded on all sides except for a single path by the menacing landmarks. From here, they could see another part of the city.  It seemed to be a cliff face, adorned with carvings of ancient figures.  It was truly a sight to behold.  However, the uptight nature of these Dragons was quite the counterweight.

"This is Skuldafn, it is a place that not many of non-Dragon origin have seen. I will bring you to the elder if you wish but remember. If you come here to cause any trouble even the weakest among us would be more than a match for any of you." She said with a tone that irked Taiga.

"I'm sure, I'm sure."  Taiga waved the suggestion of her being weak out of the way.  "We were hand chosen by his Greenness for a reason you know.  Don't assume I'll start trouble."  She then leaned forward, looking up at the Dragonair with a wink.  "Well...not too much at least.  Fufufufu!"  They seemed to be approaching a large building as they walked, probably where the elder resided.  "So Rayquaza was born here, huh?  Who were his parents?"  Taiga asked.  "I thought he was always in that dang tower."  

DcxYSU0.png?1

With each of their attacks connecting, it was clear that Allie was looking worse wear right about now. The godslayer seemed to be barely able to keep standing, yet despite that still seemed to be indignantly ready for fighting Marie and her friends. Clenching her fists tightly, Marie glared right at the Tyranitar. "I...I don't want to keep fighting you." Declaring to the Tyranitar, she continued. "I don't want to keep hurting, I don't want to keep seeing my friends keep hurting. And I don't want to keep hurting you. But...But you won't stop. Not until you have someone make you learn otherwise. So," pointing to herself, she shouted, "as an acting Big Sister myself, let me teach  you a lesson!" 

With that, the mystic water around her neck began to glow, as the girl began to sing a lyricless tune, with the only instrumental to follow it being the sound of the falling rain. As her song persisted, the splashing water hitting the ground began not to scatter, but instead flow upwards. Slowly but steadily, ground water began to gather into two orbs on either side of Marie. The two orbs continued to hover, coalescing more water and growing larger and larger  as Marie watched Keanu launch off his attack. Feeling a sense of calm and awe as she saw the Pikachu streak through the air like a lightning bolt in a storm she felt more ready to end this fight then ever before. 

Allie had put up yet another stone edge as a shield to block the attack from Keanu but, whether from haste, exhaustion or both, it proved to be just as ineffective as before. As the Pikachu's  slammed into it, his body continued to strike into the Tyranitar, launching her back in the process. The godslayer managed to skid to a halt, their body hands and feet tearing through the ground beneath them to stop themselves. All the same, it had looked as though Allie couldn't stand up from the attack. Yet, she still looked towards them. Still seethed. Still seemed ready to continue fighting. And so, Marie responded in kind. 

Letting loose her voice yet again, rising in volume the girl then changed from a tune to a shout, as the two orbs of water launched at Allie. Exhausted, paralyzed, and still recovering from the last attack, Allie could do little to stop the girls strongest attack. With the two orbs of water exploding on contact with Allie, unhindered in their assault, Allie was blown back once again. However, this time, she didn't seem to get up. She didn't declare to keep fighting. Still breathing, Allie had seemed to no longer be conscious, and thus it was clear the group had won. Marie stared at Allie for a few moments more, trying to make sure that she wouldn't get up and keep fighting. Then, when she was sure it was done, she let out a clear sigh of relief, falling backwards onto the ground. "Ow. I'm beat..but..." While on her back, Marie looked towards the top of the volcano behind her, simply smiling without finishing her statement. 

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Shaymin ran off, stating that they didn't want to fight, Nine simply watched the girl go. "Well, can't say that's unexpected." Soon enough, Lok ran after her as well, leaving it just Nine with the rest of the Alpha residents. "Well, he's got that under control right?" Looking to Gwen, he paused for a few moments, before sighing. "You're right, let's go catch up with them." As he began to make his way away from the gathering, he turned back saying, "oh and don't beat yourself up over it."

Running towards the others, seeing Kayla as well had appeared to catch up with Shaymin, the boy shouted, "wait up!" He then slowed his pace down and winced, as he saw the legend crash into the deputy. "Well, that's one way to do that, sure." Walking over to the two, he stretched out both his hands for either of them to grab saying, "I'm sorry for the sudden shock, Shaymin. You don't have to fight it, really. I just want to ask you about a few things." 

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"I've still got enough fight in me to take you down."

"That makes two of us..." Randy smirked, using his hand to wipe his mouth of the sand that was still constantly getting in it. At the same time, however, he knew that Marie, Keanu, and himself had just finished with Heatran and that took a lot...and then to be brought into a battle like this? He was really hoping he wasn't just acting tough there and just saying they had enough fight in them to combat Allie. Otherwise, things would definitely get ugly.

With a deep breath, the Incineroar was about to use Brick Break on the Tyranitar yet again...however...

"Charged Currentcruiser!"

Randy heard and watched Keanu launch an assault, and this definitely woke him up...well at least the electricity running through the air. It was "shocking", and he could feel his hair stand up on end. And with that, Keanu rushed towards Allie and made impact, making quite the thunderclap in the process. Needless to say, he was shocked at this. But his shock and amazement was far from over.

On the other side, Marie was already launching two orbs of water at the Tyranitar. For someone who abhorred fighting, Randy was legitimately impressed with how Marie was handling herself in this situation. So impressed, that it took him a moment to notice that Allie was actually now down and apparently out.

"Ow. I'm beat..but..."

The Incineroar smirked, rubbing his nose with his index finger. "W-Well, color me impressed...you two really showed out...that was...amazing!" he chuckled, giving both Keanu and Marie a thumbs up. He glanced over his shoulder, looking over at the unconscious Tyranitar, before sighing greatly. "...well, guess this means...this time...we actually won." With this said, he collapsed down on his rear and exhaled greatly. "...what a relief..."

hqWiIfT.png

She saw it all, of course. The exchange of blows. Marie's attack. Allie falling over, and failing to get up this time. This fight was over. Good. Nani haphazardly covered up her face with what she could among the torn-up remains of her hood. With a bit of time though, of course she could fix it. Hideous though she may have been, Nani always had a natural penchant for tailor work. Even with what was left of her hood covering up her face, Nani kept her head angled downward as she shakily stood back up. What the cloth didn't cover would be covered by the tangled mess that was her hair. Nani stumbled her way along, passing by and glancing at her teammates to make sure they were all still okay. She gave Marie in particular a thumbs-up, not that she expected the Brionne would make much sense of it under the Mimikyu's long sleeves that reached past her hands.

"...well, guess this means...this time...we actually won. What a relief..."

We should finish her off. It was certainly not the right course of action. But it was the one Nani couldn't help but think about. She probably wouldn't have spared us if we lost. And I can't say I'm eager to have another run-in with her. There was no way she'd get the others to agree to it though. And doing it herself without saying anything would be an outstanding way to alienate herself from the rest of the group. As much as the idea of it appealed to her, the action itself would have to just stay in Nani's imagination. And so, she turned her attention to her top priority. Gesturing vaguely around her head, Nani stated "A needle. And some thread. I'm not picky about the color, but I'll need those things to fix my hood. We can go looking for those things later. Good job, team." And with that, Nani joined Marie and Randy in plopping down onto the ground, taking care to land face-down.

Team Mac, Ogren

"Yippee! I'm finally growing! Watch out, I'm gonna be as big as a...as Entei."

Mac couldn't help but smile at this. She had to admit, Ari could be rather sweet. Even if he was still a little brat. "I didn't notice at first but you really are getting stronger. But I think before you aim to be as big as Entei you gotta surpass me first." She said, puffing out her chest proudly.

---

"He probably let us help because he knew we fought against and with other Legends,"

"Oh no." Mac muttered. She knew what happened when you claimed that you met a Legend. People scoffed people teased and sometimes the only way to get it to stop was to fight. She really wasn't ready to fight all these kids right now.

However that wasn't what happened. They instead looked at each other, then the group, in awe. "Others? Who else? Who did you fight?"

"Were they cool?"

"Were they strong?"

"Were they pretty?"

The kids were pressing around them all. Forcing the group close together as they crowded them and asked their questions. All Mac had wanted to do was get to Kazo's mom's house like they had planned and now this happened. And she didn't get it. What was different this time than any time back home?

Whatever it was she didn't like it. And the other two could see sparks crackling around the girl's skin as the kids packed them tightly together.

"We're hopefully going to take you to see Mew. And maybe your mother too."

"Oooh, that'll be nice. I was getting bored in my room." Phione said, nodding along.

She watched silently as the Kingdra spoke to the group. Not sure what to make of him. What was he saying? Was this one of those "You can't do that" things? There were a lot of things like that. It made things kind of boring. Phione didn't plan on listening. She was about to just go ahead and head down the stairs on her own when she stopped to listen to what the other two were saying.

The Kingdra, too, was listening. Intently it seemed. "The queen does seem like she wants that...but the queen is sick, if she...you know, and the king is all on his own...I'm not sure he can handle that." the Kingdra said, looking entirely uncomfortable with the situation.

"Your king was keeping a Legend's child holed up in the prison, and the second a Godslayer found out, they'd tear this city apart looking for her, and Dora would have been caught in the crossfire. You might think you're strong enough to face a Godslayer, but take it from someone who had to face several. They're freakishly strong. Letting us go is the easiest way to keep both Dora and this city safe,"

This just made the Kingdra furrow his brow and stare at Denku. "What is...a Godslayer?"

Team Alola, Trailsau 

The weather calmed as Allie lay still on the ground. After a small amount of time some of the residents of Trailsau came to see the aftermath of the fight. One of them gave a long whistle. "Man, really did a number on her didn't you?"

"Oh, that's Allie innit, imagine that, came back only to get beaten by a bunch of strangers. Shame."

"What should we do with her?"

"Pah, just leave her there. The loser lays where they fall you know that's how it is. Don't matter if she's visiting or not."

"We're all about to eat if you want to come join us, strangers."

They still seemed somewhat aggressive yet none of them were fighting anymore. It seems that they had all worn each other out after that brawl. Though their language and the occasional shove or insult indicated that later on they'd be ready to start it all up again.

If the group were to join them they'd find food laid out on a simple cloth in various parts of the city and see people mixing together and eating without any sense of table manners. Fitting as there was no table to be seen.

Team Karaoke, Alpha

Gwen watched as the others went after Shaymin. She let out a sigh. She didn't think she'd be fast enough to catch her and, even if she did, she had the feeling the girl wouldn't trust her very much. Even if she were to tell her that they wouldn't need to fight, or that she was certain they could beat the evil, or even remind them of their current predicament, she didn't think Shaymin would listen to her

She winced as she saw Shaymin run right into Kayla, the girl using her own body to slow the Legend down. And hoped Nine and Lok could get to her in time and convince her not to run. Especially as Kayla was now laying down in a daze, trying to get her bearings, not having expected such strength out of the frail looking girl.

The girl glanced over at her father and the Enforcer. The latter who was watching her. "If she tries to leave..."

"I know." Gwen said, sadly. "You'll do what you have to...but it won't come to that."

Team Showdown, Skuldafn

"Right, hand chosen...you were, weren't you." She looked at the group with some doubt. "As for his birth....I don't know if birth is the right term. He was created through the spirits of the world that Arceus gathered to form into beings. The great dragons known as the Creation Trio, as well as Lord Rayquaza. With them they bent the world into a form and gave it life. This place was the first that was made. And the first populated. We Dragons are the first people, you know. Everyone here is descended somehow from them. Supposedly there was another tribe formed off in the mountains. But they have since been wiped out." On the way down Lysa looked at Isole and Scarlet, then to Taiga. "Your followers are not very talkative I see."

Isole didn't like the implication of being Taiga's follower. However if it meant she could avoid interacting with these people she'd let it go...for now.

They arrived at the elder's home. One would usually expect a guard to be set but there was no one. In fact, beyond the two Druddigon, they hadn't seen anyone hinting at any sort of guard, or authority, of any sort. No soldiers. No watchmen. Not even a sheriff.

Lysa knocked on the door and soon it opened. A hunched over man, with small wings, and orangish skin, greeted them. "I have been told Rayquaza would send messengers. I cannot say I expected this." He looked at each of them. His eyes were sharp, but still friendly, as he gazed at each. "So very young..."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Skuldafn

"Right, hand chosen...you were, weren't you." Her eyes looked over them with a hint of doubt.  She was used to this glance, however. "As for his birth....I don't know if birth is the right term. He was created through the spirits of the world that Arceus gathered to form into beings. The great dragons known as the Creation Trio, as well as Lord Rayquaza. With them they bent the world into a form and gave it life. This place was the first that was made. And the first populated. We Dragons are the first people, you know. Everyone here is descended somehow from them. Supposedly there was another tribe formed off in the mountains. But they have since been wiped out."

"So that's why he ain't got no manners!  No one ever spanked him hard enough, huh?"  Taiga put her hands behind her head and leaned back with a huge grin.  "Well, I guess we're kinda similar like that, huh?  Fufufufu!"  She started to walk normally again, when she scratched her head.  "So you're just gonna skip over that last part huh?  Seems pretty strange that a whole tribe goes missing...ya'll wouldn't happen to be the cause of it would ya now?"  It probably was a rude way to ask if they had committed genocide, but she was curious.  After all, this place seemed very much holier than thou.

"Your followers are not very talkative I see."

"I do all the talkin' round here anyways!  I gotta big mouth, and I only use it for three things!  Eating, Chomping, and Yelling!  Fufufufu!"  

After a bit more walking, they had made it to what seemed to be the Elder's residence.  Lysa's knocking summoned him to the door, an old decrepit dragonite, hunched over in old age.  

"He sure looks the part."  She snarked.  

"I have been told Rayquaza would send messengers. I cannot say I expected this." He looked at each of them. His eyes were sharp, but still friendly, as he gazed at each. "So very young..."

"Well, we can't be all old and wise like you now, can we gramps?"  Taiga said, placing a hip on her fist.  "Rayquaza asked us to do some communing with you...you wanna tell us what that's all about?"  

8GrkkS0.png

Ari was pretty surprised to suddenly find himself surrounded by kids, but he recovered quickly. After Kazo answered the initial question, the Litleo grinned as he answered their next ones. "Yeah, they were super cool, strong, and uhh, maybe there were some pretty ones, I don't know," he shrugged at the last question, wrinkling his nose slightly. "There was one who looked to be a kid just like us, but she acted so grown-up. It was weird, but not weird because she was a legendary."

He paused, looking to the side. Mac didn't look very happy right now, actually she looked pretty grumpy. "But, uhh," he grinned sheepishly. "That was a pretty hard fight, and we're all pretty tired. So," he took the Helioptile's hand, "gotta go, sorry!" and started to run. "Come on, Kazo!" he shouted.

--

m0FODxE.png

Easter shook his head minutely at Denku. He had thought the man intelligent, yet here he was, opening his mouth and making things worse for them. Did he think telling one of the king's men about the existence of powerful, bloodthirsty gijinka in the world up above would encourage him to let Dora go up there? No, if he was at all like any of the others that Easter had met here, he would say that Merm would be impenetrable, and that nobody would ever get to Dora here. Arrogance was something that never changed, after all, whether one lived above the sea or below it.

The Sylveon frowned at the first thing that the Kingdra had said. "We are not saying Dora need stay up there forever." He shook his head. "But Dora herself wants to return to the world above. I have talked to the king. He does not seem the sort to let the princess spread her wings like she wants to, if she were to stay down here. You say he needs her, but right now, Dora needs freedom," he spoke plainly. "Dora is innocent and kind, but even the best souls do not handle being caged very well. It might be better for the king in the short term to let Dora stay, but in the long run," he sighed. "In the long run, I do not think that would be best...for either one of them."

The fairy type smiled crookedly. "You might think this mere conjecture, or a lie meant to beguile, but I speak from experience. After all, I was once in the very same position that Dora is in now."

"My own parents kept me in a gilded cage for quite some time. I was forced to become the type of person that they wanted me to be, not the kind I wanted to be. It was suffocating. I endured, and endured, till I could endure no more. The last words we exchanged were...not very pleasant, to say the least." He looked up at the Kingdra. "Dora has not yet reached that point, and honestly, especially after meeting the queen, I hope she never will."

He stared at Denku after this. The man had dug his own hole. Hopefully he would be able to provide an explanation that would encourage the Kingdra to let them go, rather than toss them into prison and Dora into another kind of prison.

--

UmBSVSF.png

"W-Well, color me impressed...you two really showed out...that was...amazing!"

"Heh, you didn't do so bad yourself." Keanu smiled weakly at Randy, letting himself collapse to the ground as well. Pretending not to notice Nani fiddling with her hood--he must have been mistaken, after all. There was no way she could look like that--he continued to lie there even after the other Trailsau residents appeared.

A little nonplussed by their reaction, Keanu looked at the others once they invited them for a meal. "Well, I have no problem with that," he shrugged. "My stomach needs some grinds in it after all the work we just did."

--

ZzcS3Rf.png

Shaymin let out an "eep" of surprise when the girl didn't move, and crashed into her. Falling onto Kayla, the girl quickly got off, looking panicked. "Wh-why didn't you move?" she stammered. She floundered and looked like she wanted to continue running, before gently helping the Accelgor off the ground. "You're going to get dirty if you stay there any longer," she murmured.

Soon after, Nine caught up. "I'm sorry for the sudden shock, Shaymin. You don't have to fight it, really. I just want to ask you about a few things."

"Wh-what do you want?" the girl asked, looking slightly wary. "You're not going to make me fight it?"

Edited by Sethera

hqWiIfT.png

She'd done some asking around in the time since the fight with Allie. All she needed was just a needle and some thread to work with after all; surely somebody in town had to have those. Finding someone wasn't easy, as it turned out, but with enough persistence, Nani did get her hands on the supplies to start repairs on her hood, just in time for some food to be ready to eat. Everyone was gathered together, just eating and being together, almost like some sort of grand-scale picnic. If it weren't for everything that had happened prior in this town, Nani would actually feel pretty reminded of home right now. It was certainly a more pleasant atmosphere, at least. She stayed near the edges of the crowd though, keeping her head low as she stitched and sewed away. She'd only briefly intruded into the rest of the crowd one time to grab some simple food to eat, and otherwise did her best to mind her own business.

Rather than removing her costume entirely, of course, Nani had merely turned it around while it was still on her body, so that she could look at her hood up-close while she worked on it. At least her hair was sufficient cover for her face for now. Every so often, Nani stopped work on the hood to review the steps she'd just taken, or eat some of the meat she'd pulled aside for herself. The keen eye may have noted that her bite marks seemed pretty lopsided.

It wasn't like she was sitting completely alone, of course. In fact, she'd been pretty deliberate about bringing one person aside with her in particular. The resident pikachu of the group. Every now and then, when she noticed Keanu wasn't looking in her direction, she'd peek up, using his face and ears as a point of reference to fix her hood with. The haphazard "pattern" of blue thread scattered across the gradually-repairing hood stood out from the usual yellow, but Nani didn't care about the color as long as it served its purpose. After another pause to take a bite of her food though, Nani seemed to stop entirely.

"You saw, didn't you?" she asked, not wasting any time beating around the bush or coming up with anecdotes.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Man, really did a number on her didn't you?"

"Oh, that's Allie innit, imagine that, came back only to get beaten by a bunch of strangers. Shame."

"What should we do with her?"

"Pah, just leave her there. The loser lays where they fall you know that's how it is. Don't matter if she's visiting or not."

"We're all about to eat if you want to come join us, strangers."

Randy looked over at the Trailsauians who seemed to came after the bout with Allie. The offer of food did strike a chord with the Incineroar, but at the same time, he looked back over at the Tyranitar on the ground. Apparently the rest of the group was definitely heading off with the Trailsauians. Unfortunately, he let out a sigh, standing up some before putting his vest back on.

"...I'll meet up with you guys in a bit..." he said, stretching slightly. He began to make his way towards the knocked-out Tyranitar, before crouching and then proceeding to pull her onto his back. Randy let out a grunt, rolling his eyes some. "...damn...I really am more of a Face than a Heel...you are lucky. I honestly didn't want to do this, but just doing what they wanted to...there was absolutely no honor in it."

Another sigh escaped his lips, shaking his head some, now beginning to move out from the area and towards the building that Trevor and Allie's sisters were holding up in. "Honestly, I've still got to oblige what your father asked...so believe me...I am." he muttered, shaking his head slightly. "Still...yet again, you've offered up a hell of a fight..."

"Others? Who else? Who did you fight?"

"Were they cool?"

"Were they strong?"

"Were they pretty?"

There was a lot of questions, and for some reason, Mac wasn't happy about it. Wasn't this what she wanted? Recongition, being a hero, all that sort of jazz? Kazo never could understand that girl. Thankfully, Ari was on the ball when it came to answers. 

"Yeah, they were super cool, strong, and uhh, maybe there were some pretty ones, I don't know," he shrugged at the last question, wrinkling his nose slightly. "There was one who looked to be a kid just like us, but she acted so grown-up. It was weird, but not weird because she was a legendary. But, uhh," he grinned sheepishly. "That was a pretty hard fight, and we're all pretty tired. So," he took the Helioptile's hand, "gotta go, sorry!" and started to run. "Come on, Kazo!" he shouted.

"Yeah, we'll talk to you all later. I gotta make sure my mom is alright after all that fighting," Kazo waved at the kids before he to ran off. The good this was, he was great at running. He scooped up Ari and Mac as he passed them and ran as fast as he could. Time for a tactical retreat!

"What is...a Godslayer?"

Mistakes were made.

Denku never imagine that these people were so sheltered that they didn't hear about a group of mass murderers running around killing people so legendary that they controlled forces that the world hinged on. He could just imagine Easter and Brooke were thinking less and less of him by the minute. "Well, I'm going to admit, you've thrown me for a loop... I didn't think there were people that didn't know about this. Must be nice," He muttered. "Basically, dangerous people are coming to this city, wanting to kill Manaphy. Dora's likely to get caught in the crossfire, because the king knows about Manaphy, and they'll hurt Dora to get the king to spill the beans. So we are taking Dora away from that, so when it happens, she can't be hurt," He explained. "Please, don't make it harder for us to protect Dora,"

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie went back to a standing position as the locals had come around to see what had happened. As they seemed largely disintersted, instead going to eat, Marie turned her attention back to the Tyranitar. Looking to the others, it seemed Keanu was keen on getting something to eat, with Nani going off to look for something. The girl looked to the Mimikyu, unsure why they seemed to be holding scraps around their face as they walked away, but figured that the hoodie they normally wore must've been something important to them. Looking to the two, she certainly felt like she could use some food herself, feeling hungry from the whole days ordeals. However, she also had something she felt the need to take care of. Turning to Allie - where did she go? 

Marie looked from the spot to see that Randy was carrying the girl, seeming to go in the direction she had wanted to. Making her way over to the man, she said, "thanks Randy. I was planning on asking you to do this anyway, because well," Marie flexed her none too impressive biceps. "But well, besides what her dad said, I've gotta be there when she wakes up to properly lecture her, you know?"

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Shaymin seemed to have calmed for now, the Houndoom simply waved her comment off. "Of course you don't. Like I said, this whole mission is only okay if you're also okay with it. But well," Nine looked in the direction of the Alpha residents. "I doubt they expect you to fight it anyway." Looking at Shaymin, with a smile he said, "but let's start over. I'm Nine, a chaser and scholar on legends. And honestly, this whole thing has got me interested, fight or not. So, if you could tell me about this terrible foe of ours, I'd be appreciative." Realizing something, as if he seemed to think himself rude the Houndoom said, "oh, but don't take that to mean I'm not interested in you as well. If you wish to tell me about yourself, then please do."

Deadlands Team Karaoke

Lok caught up to Shaymin after she crashed with Kayla. "Huh.... finally..." Lok said, taking a second to catch his breath. "You know... you're a lot faster than I expected... " As he finished saying that, he saw that Nine had been close behind him. As Nine spoke, Lok stood up straight. "Introductions, that's smart!" He extended an arm towards Shaymin. "The name's Lok! I don't think I've introduced myself to you... well, I did to the other you, but not this you, so I guess I did but..." He stopped himself, coughing awkwardly. "...the name's Lok!" He said, giving the legend a toothy grin. "As for the whole fighting thing..." He pointed a thumb towards himself, grinning. "You can leave all the fighting to me!" He turned to Nine, placing his arm around his shoulder. "Well, more like us, but... you get the idea." He chuckled a bit.

His expression turned from a toothy grin to a soft smile. "We don't want to force you to do anything you don't want... But you don't need to try and contain it with a barrier anymore."

"You've got us."

Skuldafn Team Showdown

Scarlet stayed quiet as she followed behind Taiga through the winding path that Lys was taking them through. She took a look around her, taking in the scene - she had only heard legends of this place, as the people of Skuldafn were very closed off. It was definitely a place she had always wanted to visit, but never though she would. It was definitely a sight to behold, one that she wouldn't forget.

"Your followers are not very talkative I see."

Scarlet brought her attention back to Lys, having just realized she lost herself for a moment. "Ah, forgive me. I just... never thought I'd actually get to see Skuldafn." Scarlet said, turning back to the mountains. "It's quite beautiful." She said softly, moreso to herself than to anyone else. As they kept walking, they eventually made it to the Elder - an older looking Dragonite awaited them.

Scarlet felt the Dragonite's gaze over her as she bowed. "So he did not tell you we were coming?" She said, standing back up. "I guess he does have a lot on his plate as of late..."  She said, rubbing the back of her head. "...anyways, he sent us to speak with you about a Temple."

Brooke was frazzled. She had fought with their escorts, demolished a prison, and taken down a manchild, all without a break. Maybe that wasn’t a lot for Easter or Denku; they seemed fine, arguing with the man that had appeared before them, but Brooke wasn’t like them. She was a brawler. Fights on the streets of Deku had to end quickly, lest other gang members--or even the corrupt guardsmen--showed up. Brooke’s fighting style reflected that. She hit hard and fast with no regard to the damage she took, as long as that meant she was the one standing in the end. It wasn’t a sustainable method.

So she was struggling to regulate her breathing and stay focused while Easter conversed with the Kingdra. The adrenaline was finally fading from her system and the exhaustion was creeping up on her; to comfort herself, she hugged Dora closer to her chest, a reminder that they weren’t going to take the Wooper from her. Dora wanted to stay. 

Brooke steadied herself and tried to find her second wind. It seemed like Easter and Denku had the talking covered--she would just make sure she was fit enough to fight, should it come to that.

Team Showdown, Skuldafn

"So you're just gonna skip over that last part huh?  Seems pretty strange that a whole tribe goes missing...ya'll wouldn't happen to be the cause of it would ya now?"

Lysa didn't bother responding to this, merely giving Taiga a disgusted look before continuing on, and moved on to the next subject.

"Ah, forgive me. I just... never thought I'd actually get to see Skuldafn."

Lysa nodded. "It is that. It's the greatest place in the region. We make sure to keep it that way. The traditions of this land will never be stomped out."

"Rayquaza asked us to do some communing with you...you wanna tell us what that's all about?"  

"So he did not tell you we were coming?"

"Lord Rayquaza doesn't often speak of such matters. Not...directly. But I did know someone would be coming. I just expected different. Perhaps one of the Disciples. But I suppose there are few of those around these days..." He continued on. "Lysa, start on some food. Make plenty. Once these three are finished they will need it."

She nodded, giving one, last, uncertain glance at the group before heading inside.

The elder then led them towards the area they had seen from atop the hill. Where, in the side of a mountain, a circular slab was embedded. On it was carvings of strange, reptilian, beasts. And standing in front of the carving was a muscular Gijinka. An eight foot tall Haxorus. Who didn't so much as flinch as the elder came up with the group.

"Keeper. The time has come. These three are to enter the temple."

The Haxorus didn't move. But his eyes flicked to each of the group. His brow furrowed and a frown appeared on his face. "I know it seems odd but times have become dire. Lord Rayquaza himself has sent these three. I know not what he's thinking but he knows what he's doing."

With a slight nod the Haxorus turned towards the slab and, muscles bulging, shifted it to the side.

Behind the slab was a hole. With darkness that seemed to stretch on forever. Isole floated up to it, trying to see inside, but couldn't. "Can we get some light?" she asked.

"You will not need it."

Isole wasn't so sure of that. But it was either this or stand around doing nothing. "Might as well, I guess." She muttered and entered.

---

BGM

They stepped out onto a path of light. It didn't seem solid but, as their feet stepped onto it, there was no give and the path continued on for several feet ahead of them.

All around them was darkness. Small lights, like stars, could be seen every now and then. Objects would float on by, chunks of land, a pool of water suspended in midair, without anything holding them in place.

Farther on they saw a waterfall. Moving in reverse. Glowing creatures, resembling fish, moved up these waterfalls and turned into large, serpent-like, creatures.

There was no noise whatsoever. If any of them spoke their voice would sound hollow and despite the vastness before them there was no echo.

"What...in the world is this place?" Isole asked. She turned and suddenly stopped.

She could see the hole that they had entered from. Despite having moved along this path for some time it was only several feet away. "What's going on. How have we not moved?"

As if to answer her questions, the lights in the distance moved, forming blocky letters.

"A single path can only lead to a single destination."

Team Mac, Ogren

Ari let out a surprised squeak as Ari grabbed her by the hand. At first she simply followed along with him as they pushed past the kids, knocking a couple over in the process. "H-hey what do you think you're doing?"

But then she saw Kazo pull ahead of them and shouted out "Oh no you don't, c'mon Ari, it's a race now!" And, without letting go of Ari's hand, she began to run as fast as she could to try and outspeed Kazo. Unfortunately, despite her racial advantages, Kazo had practically been built for speed and, he managed to reach the destination before either of the other two. To find that his mother was already outside of the house as if waiting for them.

Mac, breathing heavily, hadn't let go of Ari's hand the entire way, and only seemed to remember after stopping. She pulled it back and told him, "You didn't have to do that you know, sheesh." Then, to Kazo, "I bet I would've won if I had been by myself!"

Kingdra looked guiltily at Easter as he spoke his piece. "It's not up to me how they raise her..." He said, sounding like he wasn't convinced of his own words. He seemed surprised at what Denku said, but shook his head firmly. "I...no, that can't be right. Even if someone like that comes here we can stop them. There are many of us. We know this place, the palace cannot fall...unless we bring them inside ourselves. Someone like that...wouldn't be allowed in." His own words seemed to make him realize something.

He glanced over at Dora, watched as Brooke held the girl tightly, and saw Dora resting comfortably, head sticking out from under the Emboar's strong arms. He began to pace back and forth, shaking his head, before stepping off to the side of the staircase. He didn't say anything, but he wouldn't look at the group, nor the stairs, and just looked blankly at the floor in front of him.

This seemed enough for Phione who, without warning, waddled her way towards the edge of the stairs and dove down, riding down the steps on her stomach.

Dora, wriggling in Brooke's grip, said that she wanted to try that too.

Whether by foot or by stomach they would be able to go down the stairs, single-file, quite easily. Eventually leading them into a cavern with stalactites that glowed with some kind of blue goop. One end of the cavern was open to the water. The only thing keeping the water from entering the cavern was the bubble that surrounded the city.

"I remember this!" Dora said suddenly. "I've been here! This is how me and Gigi left! Bubble time!"

Phione made it to the edge of the bubble first. She glanced at it curiously before sticking a hand out and, before anyone could stop them, put their hand through it.

The group were surrounded by another bubble, like the one they had used to get to Merm, and sucked out of the cavern at an intense speed, throwing them into the bubble.

Despite its apparent thinness, the bubble didn't pop. It felt much less solid than the one before but more elastic. As if they were walking on a pile of thick honey.

Team Alola, Trailsau 

As they talked among themselves the people of Alola would hear bits of conversations from the others. Most of it had to do with battle but there were also those talking about family, especially about tales of some of their family members being particularly stupid. Like one who decided to swallow an entire frog whole as a dare and got sick for three days straight.

The food provided would be largely meat. Much of it being deer with some mysterious meat that, if asked, someone would identify as mountain lion.

There was also much corn and bread as, apparently, on the other side of the volcano was large corn and wheat fields.

---

On Randy's side he wouldn't make it all the way to Trevor's house before the young man himself greeted him. He took one look at Allie and said "Don't let her sisters see her like this. I'll take her from here." His voice was level and his expression rather calm but, if Randy looked closely, he would be able to see a hint of anger in the Flygon's eyes. Directed at him.

Team Karaoke, Alpha

Kayla made it to her feet and took place next to the others. She tried to look at Shaymin but whenever the girl would look her way she's hide her face. "Sorry about not moving." Kayla said softly. "We just...really want to help...however we can."

While Gwen and the others watched on, the Enforcer gave Gwen's father a severe look. The large man nodded grimly and, without a word, slipped into the ground. Employing the signature Ghost move of Shadow Sneak to move undetected and swiftly to his destination.

All the while the Enforcer fixed his gaze on Shaymin. Even from this distance he could still see her. And he was watching her every movement.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Skuldafn

"Lord Rayquaza doesn't often speak of such matters. Not...directly. But I did know someone would be coming. I just expected different. Perhaps one of the Disciples. But I suppose there are few of those around these days..." He continued on. "Lysa, start on some food. Make plenty. Once these three are finished they will need it."

"Finished with what?"  Taiga asked, a hint of nerves emanated from her voice.  

The elder then led them towards the area they had seen from atop the hill. Where, in the side of a mountain, a circular slab was embedded. On it was carvings of strange, reptilian, beasts. And standing in front of the carving was a muscular Gijinka. An eight foot tall Haxorus. Who didn't so much as flinch as the elder came up with the group.

"Keeper. The time has come. These three are to enter the temple."  The Haxorus didn't move. But his eyes flicked to each of the group. His brow furrowed and a frown appeared on his face.

"Who are you eyeballing, bub!?"  Taiga snapped, shaking a fist at the Haxorus. 

"I know it seems odd but times have become dire. Lord Rayquaza himself has sent these three. I know not what he's thinking but he knows what he's doing."

With a slight nod the Haxorus turned towards the slab and, muscles bulging, shifted it to the side.  Behind the slab was a hole. With darkness that seemed to stretch on forever. Isole floated up to it, trying to see inside, as Taiga shook a bit from the sight alone. 

"Can we get some light?" Isole asked.

"You will not need it."

"Might as well, I guess."

It made Taiga happy to see the girl take some initiative.  

"Well look who put on her big girl britches today!  Fufufufu!"  Taiga prodded.  "I ain't gonna let you outdo me though!"  Without another thought, Taiga headed into the umbra.  The place was mind boggling, as if the rules of the outside were nothing more than a big joke.  Water hung in the air, along with random pieces of land.  Stars glowed brightly around them as well, almost within hands reach, but fleeting if you tried to grab them.  Even their path made no sense.  It was as if they were walking on a beam of light.  They followed it diligently.  Who knows what would happen if you lost your footing.  

"What...in the world is this place?" Isole asked. She turned and suddenly stopped.  Taiga did the same, realizing that they hadn't traveled any farther from the entrance. Despite having moved along this path for some time it was only several feet away. "What's going on. How have we not moved?"

"Why're you askin' me!?  This place shouldn't be allowed to exist!"  As if to answer Isole's questions, the lights in the distance moved, forming blocky letters.

"A single path can only lead to a single destination."

"And this path ain't gettin' us nowhere, quick!"  Taiga groaned, crossing her arms.  "If this world doesn't make a lick of sense, then I'm gonna do the only thing that does!"  Taiga turned towards the edge of the light they stood on, and stuck her foot out.  "And that's followin' my gut!"  Taiga stepped off the path, expecting another beam of light to catch her, but was unpleasantly surprised.  Nothing was under her foot, and she sank like a rock into the abyss.  She screamed, but realized that wouldn't do her any good here.  She couldn't see the bottom to where she was falling, if there was even a bottom to this place.  It took so much more falling until she finally got bored.  "I hate this place."  She grumbled, finally landing on something solid.  For some reason she felt like she was just with Scarlet and Isole, but she had also been falling for so long.  In front of her was a large stone temple.  "I really hate this place!"  She yelled, as she entered the temple.  

8GrkkS0.png

"H-hey what do you think you're doing?" Mac shouted.

Ari rolled his eyes. Taking you away from there, what else? But he didn't say that out loud. He knew Mac would just get mad and pretend she wasn't upset earlier or something.

Kazo said goodbye to the other children and quickly caught up, passing them in no time. The Helioptile seemed to gain some energy at that, shouting out "Oh no you don't, c'mon Ari, it's a race now!" And, without letting go of Ari's hand, she began to run as fast as she could to try and outspeed Kazo.

"All right all right," the Litleo muttered, increasing his pace. She seems a lot happier now, though, so I guess that's fine. He wasn't sure why she seemed to dislike the children so much, but maybe it was because of that earlier fight. She really knows how to hold a grudge.

In the end, they did not win the race, but Ari was fine with that. Mac let go of his hand when they reached Kazo's house, telling him, "You didn't have to do that you know, sheesh." Then, to Kazo, "I bet I would've won if I had been by myself!"

"Oh sure," Ari replied. "Or you could've been even slower." Though he knew he had been the one to hold them back, he couldn't resist saying that. He turned to the Tyranitar. "Hi again, Mrs. Kaz--I mean, Trish," he babbled, a little nervous still at talking to THE mother for Kazo. "The wedding was...fun," he finished lamely.

--

m0FODxE.png

Following the others in, Easter paused in front of the Kingdra. "Thank you," he said quietly. "We will all do our best to keep Dora safe. Until the day she decides to come back here." He didn't say that she for sure would come back. He wasn't the master of Dora's mind, so he didn't want to say for sure whether she would or not, but whatever she did, he would not stand in her way. And he was sure Brooke would not either. She loved Dora, but she was not like the king.

Were everybody down, Easter would try to slide the throne back to hide the way they left, but he would not spend too long doing so. Either way, if the Kingdra knew where they went, then most likely the others would soon find out as well. Descending the stairs, he glanced around, noting the glowing stalactites. He watched Phione create a bubble with some confusion. Could all water gijinka do this or was it just Merm natives and legendaries?

Once the group was surrounded by the bubble, the Sylveon glanced at Brooke. She had been rather nervous the last time they were in the bubble. "So...after this. What next?" he mused. "We return Phione to her mother, and then..." Fight? Mewtwo had mentioned that. Earlier, he would have been enthusiastic at the thought, and honestly, a part of him still bubbled with excitement, but, there was yet another part that could not help but worry. He glanced at Dora. He would fight, but what about Dora? He would much rather she stay far away from those sorts of battles.

--

UmBSVSF.png

Keanu noticed Randy and Marie stopped to pick up Allie, but for himself, he wanted nothing to do with the crazy tita. No, he just wanted to get some kau kau in his stomach. However, once they actually got themselves seated, he ended up sitting next to Nani somehow. Why does this always seem to happen to me? He wanted to cry. He wanted to even more when he saw what they'd be eating. Meat, meat, and more meat. Sometimes, it sucked being a vegetarian. Even the smell made him feel a little queasy.

"And then he got sick, but I told him that would happen after swallowing an entire frog whole. Was wicked awesome though."

The conversation topics did not help there either.

Thankfully the people of Trailsau had bread and corn. No fruit apparently, though. Or pancakes. Sighing, Keanu picked up a large cob and began to eat. Listening to the people speak, every so often he would join in, becoming friendlier and livelier the longer the meal went on. After all, Keanu wasn't particularly unsociable. He had been to luaus, tiki parties, and more, and it was fun talking with all the different folks of Alola, meeting new faces, and doing silly stuff surrounded by people that enjoyed those things. Except sometimes he liked to just lie on the sand and sleep the day away.

"So one time," he shouted to be heard over the others. "I was surfing, and a shark came up and tried to chomp on my surfboard. And right at that moment, another shark came. So you know what I did?"

"No, what?" one of the gijinka asked.

"I sent a little shock right through my surfboard. Knocked the one shark right out, but the other was still on my tail. So I used da kine surfing move, where I launch right into the air! The shark didn't follow. I think it realized I wasn't food."

"Dang, man, that's pretty awesome."

"Yeah, can you imagine, outdoing a shark?"

"Did you ever wrestle one?"

Keanu gave a mysterious smile. "Not me, but this one girl I knew, Lucine, she dove right into the water to wrestle one. 'Cept she was a rock type, and water and rocks don't mix."

The others winced.

"Was all good in the end. We got to eat shark meat too."

He had almost forgotten that Nani was right beside him. Until she spoke. "You saw, didn't you?"

The Pikachu paused, heart stopping along with him. "Y-yeah," he said, then cleared his throat. "Yeah, I did, so what?" his voice came out a little cocky, but inside, his heart was doing butterfly impressions. He continued, not stopping to think about what he was saying. "But it was kinda sandy and stuff, so I might not have seen it very clearly. I couldn't have. No face looks like that, I mean, no, of course not," he shook his head. "Never mind. I didn't see anything."

--

ZzcS3Rf.png

As Nine spoke, Shaymin's wariness had died down, replaced with nervousness. "I..." she began, stopping when Lok arrived. As he introduced himself as well, she giggled and took his hand. "It's nice to meet you Lok. You too, Nine," she glanced up at the Houndoom with a shy smile. Looking at Kayla, she shook her head. "No, I'm the one at fault," she brought a hand up to her chest, balling it into a fist. "I...I shouldn't have panicked like that. But...the very thought of facing that thing again," she shuddered. "Well, I didn't face them. Not for very long, anyway. It was mostly my other self," she looked down with gloom before turning back to the others.

"Let's start over," the legendary said, tone brighter. "My name is Shaymin, and...I'm not very special. I did not create the volcanoes, the seas, or time and space itself," her voice grew distant. "I am merely a messenger, sent to purify the land and deliver feelings of gratitude. I soar through the sky while watching over the earth. Or, I did, before..." she bit her lip, and then shook her head vigorously. "I...I'm sorry. I know you saved my life, and I'm truly grateful for that. But I have a hard time even referring to them, much less describing them."

Shaymin sighed. "They are a most terrible gijinka. Fearsome and powerful, one of the most powerful to ever exist. At the beginning of time, they helped to shape the world. Yet, consumed by their power, they began to rampage, for they desired a different world, one much worse than the one we live in. Eventually, they were sealed away, and I created a barrier to prevent their return." She paused. "I gave up my main duties as guardian of the earth and sky to power the barrier. Yet it seems I was needed after all." She shook her head. "Only gijinka devoid of gratitude could seek the return of They Who Lurks. Of the god Giratina."

The woman stopped speaking then, shivering in place.

Edited by Sethera