LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

EOlaaCE.png?1

Beginning to step through the cave, Nine was soon stopped as the legend had issued a warning to them. With his hands in his pocket, Nine looked behind to at first see nothing there. However, soon enough, as if he suddenly started to slowly slip into and exist within reality, a Banette had appeared before them. His entrance aside, Nine could already tell something was off with the man who had appeared before them. And the more he talked, the more he felt something absolutely sinister stewing within the Banette before him. As he finished his introductions, Nine was left frozen as the man had effortlessly changed the scenery around them - Shaymin no longer being alongside them. 

Looking at Raphael, Nine felt something he hadn't for quite some time. A pinging in the back of his head that made every hair on his body stand on end as the demonic figure looked at them. Fear. His hand trembling, Nine could tell that this man was something else. Something terrifying. Something that made  him feel as though he needed to escape from here as fast as possible. He couldn't help but feel as though this was the worst possible situation to be in. No godslayer could match up to him. Even legends, though they had a different bearing he still was simply as imposing. Nine had always thought that a Disciple was the worst possible opponent he could ever face off against, and even then there was something different about him. Both Kushiel and Azriel had a calm, yet forceful air about them. Their presence commanded order and respect, completely eclipsing anything else in the same room as them. Raphael, however, had an almost suffocating aura of chaos and malevolence about him. It wasn't as though his presence eclipsed everything around him, but rather threatened to tear apart anything that got close. 

Looking at the foe before him, though, recognizing him again to be a disciple, Nine's hand stopped trembling for a moment. Perhaps it was something within his blood, something fundamentally wrong with him that made him feel something else. It wasn't as though the fear was gone, but rather paired and in tandem with an almost paradoxically complimenting emotion. 

His stunned expression slowly changing to a small smile, the Houndoom knew he simply had to take things one step at a time. That he had to simply go to the basics of how he fought everyone he had ever come across in this journey. And the first step was the same as always. Conversation. "Now, now, I don't think I really want to fight you but, well, care to answer a few questions for the soon to be deceased?"

"Oh? Questions? For me? Hmmm....Answer, red is my favorite color. So sweet of you to ask."

Nine couldn't help but let loose a nervous chuckle as the man answered. "Well, I'm a fire type and we're often seen as the red kind, so I'm sure we'll get along well." Being on guard but still seeming amiable he'll say, "just to make it clear, you're Giratina's Disciple. Which means, that after all your traveling as a Chaser, Giratina chose you. Correct?"

Raphael sat down on the edge of the coffin, kicking his legs, swaying side to side. "Travelling? No, no travelling. Those others did that. But not me. Giratina never got the chance to do things like that. I just killed soooo many people that they decided I would be the one they whisper to."

Nine paused for a moment, slightly raising an eyebrow before going back to his smile. "Oh? Well, sorry for presuming otherwise, but congratulations. You must feel truly blessed to simply be chosen. But, well, I'm curious you see. Amongst all of those people you killed, were any of the legends?"

"Not yeeeet." Raphael giggled.

Nine felt a sense of relief wash over him at this. He was a disciple. But he had never done his journey as a Chaser. And he had never slain a legend before - likely meaning he had either never met one or never defeated one. Nine had no idea where this sense of relief had come from. It wasn't as though he was any less terrifying an individual. It wasn't as though the foe before him looked any weaker. Relief may not have even been the best word to describe it. Yet, there was something about it that calmed his nerves. And something that bolstered his resolve even further. As this indescribable sensation overcame him, he couldn't help but smile more pleasantly at this. "I see, I see. Well, then fret not. When I meet him, I will be sure to converse with just as I would any other legend, godslayer, disciple or common folk."

"Hmmmm?" His head tilted to the side, his mouth smiled wider than should be possible, and he let out a growl. "You won't see anyone. But if you're lucky you'll see some of your insides before you die." Nine felt a sudden rush of pain overcome him as the Banette growled. As the Banette winced, Nine as well suddenly understood what this now familiar sensation of pain was as he started to feel a curse eat away at him from the inside. "No, that's not right, you are supposed to hurt even more...here, have this too." Clutching his chest, Nine then felt a sudden pain rush through him as Raphael seemed to feel better, from his own self inflicted pain. 

Without any words to accompany it, Nine simply waved his hand and let loose a dark pulse almost immediately as the pain was beset upon him. Chuckling a bit to himself as he winced in pain the boy said, "see, if you had come to me any other time, I may have despaired. But I'm a Chaser, and your legend is the last one I need to meet before I finally finish my challenge. With the finish line so close, even if you were Arceus's disciple I don't think I could stand to lose. And besides that, I have a reason far greater for defeating your master than even that."

Raphael, however, didn't seem to bother avoiding the attack. In fact, he instead flipped off the coffin, taking the blow head on before flipping back  onto the coffin. As he did, still smiling, Nine felt a different sensation of pain rush through his head. "I see why you wanted to talk. You're. So. Weak."

Nine's body felt as though it simply didn't want to use dark pulse anymore, less that he couldn't and more that it simply didn't wish to repeat the same attacks over and over. Letting out another pained chuckle as things turned from bad to worse for him. "Of course. Everyone I've ever stood against has stood on a mountain, far too high for me to see the peak of. So in the face of them." Nine began to ran towards the disciple, sending a rush of flames from his hand towards him. "What else can I hope to do but what I know I'm good at?"

With nominal effort, Raphael merely launched a shadow ball through his flames. Knowing that there was no way he'd win in a head on clash, Nine stopped his attack and deftly rolled to the side to avoid the attack. Summoning a smaller flame in his palm he said, "so, I hope you'll have fun conversing with a weakling like me." Crushing the flame in his hand, Nine was enveloped in a glowing aura of sunlight, feeling the healing properties of his aura fight the eating feeling of the curse within. 

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Temple of Time and Space

They all agreed, so wait they did.  Taiga groaned, as she sat patiently still.  Being patient was the hardest thing for a Sharpedo to do, so she innately started tapping a toe.  She felt like that if she didn't do at least that, she would die from waiting.  

"So...nice weather we're having."  Taiga looked around her, noticing the lack of weather, only for her head to plop back into her hand.  

"Yeah.  Real nice."  However, just a couple of seconds later, the hallway seemed to shift itself.  It did so for a while until the entire staircase had turned itself into a straight and narrow hall.  At the end of the hall was a large set of stone doors.  Taiga walked up to them, not wanting to wait around anymore.  She noticed the large silver rings that clung to the doors, opting to pull them outwards to open them.  On the other side was quite luminous, as torches lined a strange dining hall.  Stranger still was that the hall was inhabited by strange looking Gijinka, some of which she had never layed eyes on before.  Taiga waved to them all, giving out a pretty straightforward, dry greeting.

"Yo."  Among them all, two stood out the most.  A large Gijinka with a mighty jaw line, and another who looked at the group with tender eyes.  The one she laid eyes on first was the one to speak among all others.

"Stand." he commanded, prompting all the others in the room to stand with him.  He was definitely the boss here.

"I see we have invaders. You have interrupted a wonderful feast you know. But I see you're here on a mission. We were told that those such as you would be coming. If you intend to continue your quest then first you must take on the trial of me, the First King of Adarid."  The Gijinka at the table moved to the side and, as the Tyrantrum stomped their foot, the table slid into the floor. Then a large, square, arena moved up. With four pillars at each corner connected by ropes.  "Enter the combat arena. Only if you defeat my knights shall you be allowed to continue."

Three Gijinka jumped into the arena, looking ready for a brawl.  Taiga only grinned, jumping onto one of the pillars of the arena on her tiptoes.  She struck her arms out, only to give the audience a bow.  

"You know...for a second there, I really thought this whole stupid Dragon's test thing was gonna be that easy."  She pointed to the man who pronounced himself the First King.  "Glad to see that I get to whoop some ass too!"  Taiga jumped into the ring, flexing her arm as she did so.  "You sure we just can't skip this thing?  I'm sure ya'll don't wanna die twice now!  Fufufufu!"  She looked to all three Gijinka who seemed rather uninterested in backing down.  "Shame.  Now you gotta tangle with Taiga the Treacherous and Terrible!"  She said slyly, running towards the ropes, jumping straight into them.  The elasticity shot her forward with twice the speed, as a jet of water started to follow behind both of her arms.  She made her way to crash into the one with wings, and the one with tentacles with a powerful Double Waterfall Lariat!

8GrkkS0.png

Mac was all ready to go, but Kazo wanted to stay longer. Ari did too. But...he was glad that Kazo wasn't staying forever. "As tempting as it is to stay here, I can't really do that, at least not now. Maybe after the world is safe," the dragon type answered. "Still, do we have to go today?"

"See, that's just it! We're gonna save the world we can't be slacking off!" Mac said, grinning from ear to ear. She wiped a tear from her eye and nodded at Kazo. "I'm so proud of you. You're growing up to be a real hero. I knew following in my footsteps would help you."

"What are you talking about?" Ari leapt to his feet. "Kazo's always been a true hero. He's super gentle and kind yet strong, just like a true hero would be." He shook his head. "If anything, you have it backwards. You're becoming more of a hero yourself now, cuz you've been with Kazo." By Entei, Mac could be so annoying. But at least she was willing to stay. He just knew, if she hadn't agreed, they'd either be rushed out, or they'd have to listen to more of her whining.

Listening to the girl tell stories about her time at Oasis, Ari chipped in with a "I bet the real reason you fought him was because he stole your food," or, "So you beat up five gijinka at once? Did you catch them when they were sleeping, is that it?" But eventually, even he got tired of listening, yawning and heading to bed. He would've preferred sharing a room with Kazo, but he wouldn't complain. He was gonna be super strong and silent. Nothing would get him down. He definitely wouldn't complain like a certain Helioptile was doing.

The next day they left shortly after breakfast. It seemed Mac could barely wait that long, but Ari lingered a little longer. The Litleo bowed like he was taught to Trish. "Thanks so much for letting us stay here, Mrs. Trish!" his eyes shone. It only made sense that Kazo's mother would be just as cool and nice as he was. Shortly after, he left as well, waving goodbye and following their fearless leader on the road toward their next destination.

--

m0FODxE.png

The fight wasn't going that well. Denku seemed to have somehow lost control, though he also seemed even more powerful than usual at this moment. The Sylveon took a second to watch the demonstration of Outrage. What a beautiful move, truly worthy of being a dragon move. Oh how it made him shiver with desire--the desire to attack.

Easter shook himself, clearing his head of such thoughts. He couldn't let himself fall into his usual rapture here. This was Denku, his trusted companion, and they had not one, but two children in this bubble with them. The hungry expression in his eyes was replaced with concern as he watched the Pupitar continue his attack. But he couldn't let himself get distracted for too long. After all, he was being attacked in five directions. And of course, the simplest solution to a situation such as that was...to not be where they were aiming.

Executing a couple backflips, the fairy type almost stumbled when he remembered he was in a bubble. Thankfully, he kept his balance, however, and let loose a powerful stream of pink stars at the Carvanha again. Even if they still hit him, he would take them down first. With this many foes, he didn't have time to pay too much attention to Dora or the legendaries, but he could only hope that they were safe.

--

UmBSVSF.png

Keanu was relieved to see Randy and Marie arrive. Perhaps a little too relieved. His expression was probably weird, because Marie looked a little confused. "Is everything alright?"

He wanted to say no of course everything wasn't all right, and to get him away from here, but Randy spoke up first. And went...completely in the wrong direction. "Oooooh I think I know what it is, Marie. I thiiiiiink Keanu and Nani were having a moment." he snickered.

The Pikachu wasn't sure what his expression was right then and there, but it was probably not very pleasant.

But before any sort of misunderstanding could occur, Nani explained, "It's not that. It's just, Keanu isn't good with ghost stories is all. I wish I'd known that before telling him something that I don't even think is true to begin with."

"Y-y-yeah, nothing like what you were thinking!" Keanu agreed. He...ahem...had had a few...liaisons with women before, and truthfully, he wasn't very picky. So long as they were somewhat cute and not annoying, he was fine. But he drew the line at terrifying specters of the night, come to seek revenge on all Pikachu because of an ancient curse. No...nonononono. He had been in a couple dangerous relationships before, such as the time he dated that pretty wahine with a jilted former lover. Or that one Turtonator babe. Every time she turned around, her spiky back threatened to gore him. But this...this was something else.

He could handle danger, but this wasn't the kind of danger he was sure he could handle. He wasn't good with those types of chicken skin stories.

"Eheheh…" he rubbed his neck. Time for a subject change. "So uhh...what took ya two so long? Here I was starting to think we'd have eaten all the grinds by the time you came back."

Edited by Sethera

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie's confusion didn't seem to clear up as Randy tried to explain what was going on. This confusion, however, let up as Nani had described what had happened with Keanu being afraid of ghost stories. At this moment, Marie had felt as if she had just learned a dangerous secret of the Pikachu's and while many a stories the girl could think of starting to go through her head. "Oh? Is that all? I didn't think you'd be the kind to be so jumpy." Putting a finger to her chin, the girl seemed to have a smile on her face as she said, "how cute." Well, it wasn't as if she was going to use this information for anything...so long as she wasn't given a reason to, at least. 

Sitting down with the others, the girl looked to the Pikachu as he made his comment saying, "well, Trevor's place is a bit of a walk to get to. Then, we just kind of talked." The girl looked around saying, "this town really is something else, don't you think guys?" 

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"It's not that. It's just, Keanu isn't good with ghost stories is all. I wish I'd known that before telling him something that I don't even think is true to begin with."

"Y-y-yeah, nothing like what you were thinking!"

This had Randy roaring with laughter, especially at seeing Keanu like this. Well, from his point of view, it was obvious he was flustered about it...but, nevertheless, the Incineroar shook his head, waving dismissively at Keanu. "I'm teasin', Keanu. Lighten up a bit, brah." he said, wiping a few tears from his eye.

"Eheheh…So uhh...what took ya two so long? Here I was starting to think we'd have eaten all the grinds by the time you came back."

"well, Trevor's place is a bit of a walk to get to. Then, we just kind of talked. This town really is something else, don't you think guys?"

"Yeah, Trevor met us half way and took Allie the rest of the way...that Flygon is a mystery to me...but it's whatever." he shrugged, his mind still plagued by the Flygon's attitude and demeanor, along with those eyes he looked at him with. He shook his head again, before sighing. "Anyway, but like Marie said, me and her just talked. It's not often me and her just chit chat...ya know, without her yanking on my ear." Randy began to laugh again, playfully jabbing Marie's side.

"Still, least this whole thing isn't dealing with me being in prison like in Mowloo..." he said, taking a few more pieces of food and began to munch on them. "But yeah, out of all the locations we've been to so far...it's something more out of the ordinary..."

Deadlands Team Karaoke

Lok slowly walked towards the cave, glaring at it with fear. What would they find in there? Doubt was beginning to creep into his mind, but he shook his head - it was too late to back down. He nearly jumped as Shaymin warned, although he didn't see anything at first.

Suddenly, however, a Bannette walked out of seemingly nowhere. Raphael gave Lok the creeps, nearly jumping as the disciple jumped around the place. He let out a scream as the setting around them changed to a horrifying blood moon. Shaymin was nowhere to be found. He saw Nine confidently walk up the Raphael while Lok took a second to let his brain catch up with his body.

Lok was stunned by how powerful Raphael was. Could they actually take him on? They had to try - or rather, they didn't really have a choice at this point. As he saw Raphael launch the Shadow Balls at Nine, Lok decided to fire off a Will-o-Wisp towards the disciple, hoping to at least burn him. If Nine's attacks were barely scratching this monster, he doubted his own attacks would do much.

Skuldafn Team Showdown

It took a bit, but eventually something did happen. The stairs seemed to move and transform until it became a hallway. Scarlet stood up, turning towards the stone doors in front of them. The doors opened soon after, revealing a large hall. In it was a long table with several gijinka sitting around it, including a Tyrantrum on a throne. The kingly gijinka spoke, telling them they'd have to step into an arena and pass his trial.

As he spoke, pillars erected from the ground forming the aforementioned arena. Three of the gijinka from the table stepped into the ring, and were looking ready to fight. Scarlet nodded, jumping into the ring herself. "Now this is my kind of trial!" She said, turning towards her opponents. Taiga was already acting, tossing herself at the ropes to slingshot herself at the opponents. Scarlet took a more straight forwards approach, darting with a dash towards the one that resembled a Kabutops. As she got close, she thrusted an open pincer towards her target like a punch, ready to clamp down on them with a Bug Bite.

Edited by REP

hqWiIfT.png
Inventory: Good Rod, Antidote, Kasib Berry

"So uhh...what took ya two so long? Here I was starting to think we'd have eaten all the grinds by the time you came back."

Keanu presented a fair point. Whatever Randy and Marie had been busy with, it had to have been pretty time-consuming. Whatever it was.

"Well, Trevor's place is a bit of a walk to get to. Then, we just kind of talked. This town really is something else, don't you think guys?" 

"Yeah, Trevor met us half way and took Allie the rest of the way...that Flygon is a mystery to me...but it's whatever. Anyway, but like Marie said, me and her just talked. It's not often me and her just chit chat...ya know, without her yanking on my ear. Still, least this whole thing isn't dealing with me being in prison like in Mowloo... But yeah, out of all the locations we've been to so far...it's something more out of the ordinary..."

"It's a weird town," Nani commented. It was certainly something else, and maybe it was just her, but she didn't like the way the culture of this town worked. "I get the reason for fighting Heatran in particular, but going at it all the time among themselves without rhyme or reason seems like a waste. Especially in a barren environment like this. Compared to everything else we've seen in this region though, it doesn't seem like it's really a problem..." A problem was something like basically a war against local tribes in the jungle. A problem was mysterious creatures from who knows where invading your home region. What was going on in Trailsau still struck Nani as barbaric and pointless, but...

"In the end, it seems like everyone gets along all the same. Maybe they just bond differently around here. It makes you wonder if it's like that for the entire region." That would certainly be something. "Speaking of which, where should we go next? Or rather, which direction? Unless we'd rather try to settle down here or something."

"See, that's just it! We're gonna save the world we can't be slacking off!" Mac said, grinning from ear to ear. Mac wiped a fake tear from her eye and nodded at Kazo. "I'm so proud of you. You're growing up to be a real hero. I knew following in my footsteps would help you."

"What are you talking about?" Ari leapt to his feet. "Kazo's always been a true hero. He's super gentle and kind yet strong, just like a true hero would be." He shook his head. "If anything, you have it backwards. You're becoming more of a hero yourself now, cuz you've been with Kazo."

"I um... I think you're giving me way too much credit there, Ari," Kazo muttered. "I'm nothing that special,"

"My, my, this is such a familiar scene," Trish said with a smile, remembering a much younger Denku and Kazo. They went the rest of the night relaxing and laughing, sharing stories, and Kazo learning more and more about his comrades and the other half of his family.

And then it was time to sleep. Mac and Ari had to share the guest bedroom. Trish slept in her own room, and Kazo slept in Denku's room.

Honestly, despite being super comfortable in the home, Kazo had a hard time sleeping. He was in his older brother's room! He found everything interesting, the pictures, the clothes, everything. He even found a cool cloak! That was neat, almost like a superhero! He really wanted to take it... but... he really shouldn't.

Eventually, he went to sleep though, and slept very well that night. The morning soon came, and they had to go. Mac was quick to run off, but Ari stayed for a bit.

"Thanks so much for letting us stay here, Mrs. Trish!" He said with a polite bow. Trish smiled and bent down, hugging the little lion.

"Don't worry about it. You all come back and see me, alright?" She said, letting the cub go. Kazo watched the two leave before turning to his Mom.

"So..., I gotta go now," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. Trish nodded, hugging Kazo, holding him tightly.

"Stay safe, okay?" She said with a sad smile. "If you find Denku, tell him to come back, okay?" She let go, patting his head. "Oh, and before you go," She pulled a cape from behind her back, fastening it onto Kazo. "Your brother wore one of these when he left, it's only fitting you get one of your own, yeah?" She smiled. Kazo's eyes shone and he nodded.

"Thanks Mom!" He was ecstatic now! Finally, after one more hug, he ran off to catch up with his team, cape flapping in the breeze. Adventure awaited!

Denku grunted as he was thrown back by the sheer force of the Dragon Tail, but he still landed on his feet. He looked up at and saw that the punk was readying a Hydro Pump. Denku took a giant leap into the air and pushed himself downwards at the Dragalge with his jets, his Outrage still raging like a storm.

Like a black comet, he crashed into his foe at full speed, not caring about his own safety, instead utterly determined to take out the foe in front of him. He still needed to break the man's bones after all.

Team Karaoke, Graveyard of Lost Souls

"so, I hope you'll have fun conversing with a weakling like me."

"Hm? No, I probably won't. But it WILL be fun when I rip your tongue out and make you choke on it." Raphael said, his smile growing wider as he swayed from side to side.

His smile fell suddenly and his eyes flicked to the side.

Kayla had decided to take her chance. Using her natural stealth she moved off to the side and climbed on top of one of the gravestones. From there she leaped into the air. She prepared one of her techniques, which would let her use the Banette's attack against against him. To her surprise instead of launching a Shadow Ball she saw shadowy claws extend on her hand. She realized, too late, the reason for this as Raphael sprang towards her and raked his own claws against her.

Crying out Kayla was sent crashing to the ground. She only managed to dart away just in time to avoid a Shadow Ball follow-up.

"No no no, none of that now, naughty girl." Raphael taunted.

He then paused and turned, looking at Lok with narrowed eyes as the flames of his Will-O-Wisp washed over him. He growled as he felt the burn.

Though, as they watched, they noticed something unusual. While usually burn drained one's health it didn't seem to be doing much to Raphael. Looking closer they would be able to notice what looked like ghostly wisps absorbing into his skin.

His smile returned as he watched Lok. "Little boy. You should have stayed at home." Lok would then undergo the same pain that Nine had gone through. First, the Banette's curse burning through his body, his very soul, followed by receiving his share of the pain that Rapheal had suffered, and ending with the mental Torment that made it difficult to focus on his moves.

"Squirm for me everyone! Let Giratina feel your agony!"

Team Showdown, Temple of Time and Space

The Omastar and Aerodactyl looked at each other and nodded as Taiga came towards them. The Flying type jumped up and perched on the rope for a second before launching themselves at Taiga as well, wing glowing as the two clashed against each other. The power behind Taiga's attack managed to knock the Aerodactyl aside even as the Wing Attack hit her across the face.

She continued on towards the Omastar who Withdrew into their shell somewhat to take the attack better. After Taiga hit them and made them tumble over they opened up their mouth and launched a Dragon Pulse at Taiga.

Isole rolled her eyes as she saw her allies rush in there. "Guess it makes it easier for me." She muttered. If she stayed back and supported she wouldn't have to get too into it while the others took the enemy head-on.

Unfortunately as she fired off a Thunderbolt at the winged one the Gijinka seemed to take offense to being attacked. Rushing towards her with their wings tucked in they dove forward, trying to Take Down the slow moving Rotom.

The Kabutops eyed Scarlet as she came charging in. They moved to Slash as the Scisor clamped down, allowing their claw to be caught in the Gijinka's pincer. Up close and personal the Kaputops, keeping their expression neutral despite the pain, launched a Hydro Pump at Scarlet and followed it up with another Slash.

Team Mac, Ogren

"Thanks so much for letting us stay here, Mrs. Trish!"

"Suck up." Mac muttered. She was still annoyed at what Ari had said last night about her stories. In fact she seemed intent on only looking at him to look away in a huff when she saw her looking.

She eyed the cape as Kazo put it on but didn't say anything until they had started out on the, rather wet, road away from the town. "....Why are you the only one who gets a cape?" She said. "It looks uh....nice." She said, scratching her nose and clearly awkwardly trying to compliment him.

---

Their journey didn't seem as long as it was. Mostly due to the river running near them being a simple guide as well as something to watch as they traveled. Various fish leapt out of the water on occasion and Mac stopped the entire group to dive after a huge turtle she saw slipping into the water.

Eventually they managed to reach the end of the river. Which they noticed entered a cave of sorts. "Oooh what's in the cave." Mac said as she ran towards it.

Near the end of the cave they all would have to dive to the side as a massive Thunderbolt shot out of it.

They heard a voice calling from inside the cave. "Ah, good reflexes, good. You'll need that in this day and age." Stepping out of the cave was a Dragon who they would have only see in art. Wearing dark clothing and walking with a purposeful stride.

"I hope the Godslayers are not sending children after me now. They make me sick enough without insulting me."

If they didn't know who he was yet they would soon. As Mac's jaw dropped and she squeaked out "Z-Zekrom..."

Team Neo Not Dark, Merm Palace 

Easter's attack was swift but not quite swift enough. One of the Carvanha fell to the side, overcome by the double attack, and one of them slammed into the spot that Easter had been standing, though slam was more solid sounding than it was. The other three raced through the air and jetted right into Easter, one after the other. Each of the three, after landing their hit, went in to Bite the Sylveon. One for each leg and the other straight for his face.

As Denku began his decent the Dragalge launched a ball of sludge up at him, striking the raging Pupitar in the face and inflicting Poison on him. He crashed into the Dragalge, who felt his shoulder crack as Denku's fist hit them dead on.

With a pained scream the Dragalge's body shimmered as it camouflaged its body. He was still able to be see if one were to focus but Denku's Outrage would seem to be weaker. Trying to back away the Dragalge launched a second Hydro Pump at Denku.

Meanwhile Brooke wasn't able to fully block the tail that the Huntail brought across and slammed into her side. Feeling triumphant the Gijinka opened its jaws wide and launched its body like a spring, aiming to crunch down on Brooke's neck with the next attack.

Dora swayed back and forth, managing to stay on her feet, as the Cloyster glared at her and started in her direction. They paused, however, remembering what just happened. With a grin she put both hands up and placed them together, leaving an opening. Through which a dazzling, rainbow-like, beam of ice shot out and struck Dora.

The girl collapsed from the unexpected hit and struggled to get back up.

On her knees, as the Cloyster approached confidently, Dora shot out mud at the Gijinka.

Team Alola, On the Road to Adarid City

As the day wound down the group would have to stay the night in Trailsau. Anyone who went to check on Trevor, and Allie, would find that the girl, still wounded, had left suddenly by the time they reached the house. Taking the door out on the way out evidently as Trevor was fixing it up.

They would be woken up to the sound of yet another brawl but, unlike the last one, they'd be able to avoid this one by leaving before it got too wild.

Their journey would go a couple days without much incident.

As the sun started to set they would feel something was off. Just ahead. And soon they would come across what looked like a battlefield. The road was torn up as was several trees along the side of the road.

There were three figures that could be seen clearly standing in the middle of all of it.

One, a female, was looking seriously injured. Bleeding and unconcious in the middle of the road.

The other was also female. This one concious, if barely, and sitting against a tree. One leg seemed to be broken.

They both shared a distinct resemblance to the first Legend they met in Adarid, Moltres, and seemed to have been through a rather intense fight.

Near the second was the third figure. Looking barely worse for wear despite the clearly savage battle that had taken place was a blindfolded Lucario.

Even looking at the Gijinka would give them a sense something was dangerous about him. His mere presence being enough to unnerve them.

He clearly couldn't see them approach but as they neared his head tilted up. Then he spoke, his voice sounding bored, "You have nothing to do with this. I will give you a chance to move on. Go now, travelers from another land. I will not stop you from continuing along your way."

"....Why are you the only one who gets a cape?" Mac said. "It looks uh....nice." She said, scratching her nose.

"Thanks. Apparently my brother wears one to. Makes me feel closer to him," Kazo said as he walked with the others. He didn't do much else as they walk, besides answering occasional questions, or just adding his own comments to conversations. He didn't say anything about Mac diving in after the turtle, since after all, what could he say to influence her? However, soon they all came up to a cave.

"Oooh what's in the cave?"

"Maybe another Regi?" Kazo suggested. He knew there where 3... or maybe 4, of them all together, but he didn't know their typing. But since Regirock was in a cave, Kazo figured that made sense. As they walked up to it, Kazo had to grab Ari and suddenly dive to the side as Thunder fell from the sky. Was there a Regithunder? Regilightning?

"Ah, good reflexes, good. You'll need that in this day and age." Stepping out of the cave was a Dragon, one Kazo vaguely recognized, but that couldn't be it, right? That was an old folk story, a... come to think of it, he wasn't sure why he doubted the tale anymore, seeing as he had met so many legends on this journey. "I hope the Godslayers are not sending children after me now. They make me sick enough without insulting me."

"Z-Zekrom..." Mac said, seemingly... oddly put off. Was he the one she was chasing?

"Hang on, hang on," Kazo said, standing back up slowly, getting Ari back on his feet. "We're not Godslayers. We literally just fought one off with Tornadus yesterday. We're Chasers, we only wanna challenge Legends to improve ourselves...," He looked over to Mac, "And some to show how cool they are. We just heard rumors that a legend showed up here and we came to check it out. Mac probably will also wanna spar against you, but that's it. We not here with ill intentions," He only hoped that Zekrom believed him.

Denku felt a satisfying crack of bone when he connected his attack, but he also felt sick from the poison that struck him. To make matters worse, the guy he was fighting just disappeared into thin air. Denku's Outrage was going to end soon, he likely only had one more shot. He just needed to find the guy he was fighting. Suddenly a torrent of water came rushing at him. He moved to the side, but the stream still caught his left arm causing him to cry out in pain from the high pressure. Still, that was exactly what he needed. He blasted off, rushing towards the source of the attack, his vision blurring as he flew. He did his best to direct himself to crash into the goon, but by now, his vision was blurry, the confusion from Outrage finally setting in.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Taiga's clothespin was interrupted by a swift blow from the Flying challenger, grazing her face, but she persevered and pushed forward.  Eventually, she had made contact with one of her targets, the challenger in a big shell.  Taiga grimaced as her arm made contact.  She tried to send him flying, but all she managed to do was knock him over.  When her opponent erupted out from the shell, they had launched some sort of colorful beam at them.  At this range, all Taiga could do was put up a cross arm guard to try and deflect some of the blow.  It pushed her some distance away, until she was able to steer clear away from the attack.  Taiga brushed her shoulders off, and straightened her vest before smiling.

"You ever get your shell cracked open before?"

"My shell is the strongest!  It will not crack!"  They proclaimed, before the shell in question launched a multitude of spikes towards Taiga.  Taiga used her bare hands to knock them off their courses, deflecting them with swift movements, before reaching out for one and catching it in her teeth.  She gnawed on it for a second, trying to crush it with her jaws, but instead stood there chewing on it for some time.  She spat it out right back at the Gijinka, along with a couple of her teeth. 

"Yeah, it's pretty tough alright...let's see if my teeth can break through!"  She pointed to her teeth, which had already started to grow back into place, before starting her runners pose.  She bolted towards the Gijinka at pace, and went to throw a punch, but feinted into a leg sweep with a twisted smile.  The gijinka had attempted to shoot another beam at her, but it was already too late.  They were already kicked off of their feet, now lying on the map.  However, before Taiga could start pummeling, the Gijinka retreated back into his large shell.  Taiga struggled, but she picked up the shell from off the mat, and started to chomp on it fiercely.  After a couple of serious bites, her teeth clad themselves in a dripping dark energy, as she clamped down onto the shell with the full force of her jaws behind it.  She could feel the little guy start to squirm inside, as he came out once again to push her with some sort of weird appendage.  As it approached her, she went to bite at it too, her teeth still covered in the black energy.  As it landed, the opponent winced.  He shot a large torrent of water at Taiga, pushed her back and making her let go of his shell.

"Too afraid of losing that shell, huh?  Fufufu."  She laughed, as she was pushed back against the ropes due to the force of the torrent.  She managed to slip in between the ropes, and use them to swing herself onto one of the poles.  "You might wanna get back inside.  There's been a flash ass kickin' warning!"  She jumped into the air, diving back towards the Gijinka with both feet jutted out like arrows.  Water started to follow suit, as it encompassed her entire body into a sharp torrent of water that headed straight for the Gijinka's nose.  Like a Deerling caught in the headlights, the Gijinka stared at the display, as Taiga crashed into them with force.  She let her heels grind into his cheek, as the Gijinka's eyes faded to white.  He was knocked completely out in that instant, flying out of the ring and being collected by some offside referees.  "And that's why you don't mess with Taiga the Tyrant of the Tides!  Now who's next!"  She said, turning her head sharply towards the winged one.  "You look like you could use a beatdown, pickin' on my precious Isole!"  Taiga sprinted towards the winged Gijinka with increasing speed.  She was definitely faster now, as she slid up to him with a right hook with a trail of water following close behind.  

DcxYSU0.png?1

With the day changing, the group had gotten ready to leave the town of Trailsau. Though Marie wanted to give Allie a stern talking to, she was annoyed to have learned that she had already left. And still injured at that! Marie, naturally, was in a bit of a huff as they began their journey for the day. With nothing much really to go off, the group had decided that their next destination would be in the west, given that they had already gone north and south. Thankfully, after leaving the town of constant fights, the group had a few peaceful days of simple road travel. 

Naturally, as all things in recent days, this peace didn't last. As they made their way to the city of Adarid, the gang came across what looked like the remnants of a freak hurricane that had just bowled through the area. Of course, Marie hadn't experienced anything of the sort since coming to the region, and more to that there was something off about what she was looking at. Marie wasn't an expert on storms, but having lived on an island her whole life, the girl was able to tell there was something unnatural about the destruction that was wrought here. As the group walked through the destruction more, Marie too fueled by curiosity to hear otherwise, they eventually saw something that the girl couldn't help but think was both familiar and far more different than something she had seen before. 

Marie's eyes went wide with horror as she set them upon the two women, both heavily injured and only one barely conscious. The cause of this being the only other person around, that being a Lucario.  There was something about the two strange women that reminded Marie of her big sister, Moltres, with there being something similarly reminiscent of Allie with the Lucario. However, the girl felt something far, far more imposing about this man than she had Allie. In fact, there was something about him that made the girl feel like every instinct in her body was telling her to run away. It hadn't been like against Allie, when she had felt an instinctual fear to run as the girl mercilessly beat down on her and her friends. This was just telling her that she shouldn't even talk to the man to begin with. As such, the girl jolted back a bit as the man spoke up, and the girl felt as if her heart had momentarily stopped. However, if these girls had anything to do with her big sister - no, even if they didn't, Marie couldn't just let something like this slide. 

Taking a deep breath and stepping forward, the girl walked towards the Lucario. Pointing her finger at him, she shouted to him, "and just what do you think you're doing Mister?"

The man didn't move. Instead, he lowered his head slightly in her direction. "I am fighting. And what about you? Your aura is weak. What are you trying to do here?"

The term "aura" definitely confused the girl, cocking her head to the side but she still pressed onward against him. "Well, I'm telling you to stop. Fighting isn't a nice thing to do, especially this kind of fighting!"

"It's not supposed to be nice." He responded. "It's just what I do. Go on. No need for you to watch how this ends."

Though the man was nothing short of terrifying, Marie felt her blood start to boil as he seemed intent on fighting. As such, the girl stood her ground as she continued to wag her finger at him. "Well, if you know it's not nice, then why are you doing it?"

"I have no need to explain it to you." He turned away.

Stepping forward, irritated, Marie continued, "you're an adult so you should know that bullying is wrong. And I don't abide bullying."  The Lucario, however, did not say anything. 

EOlaaCE.png?1

While Nine had readied himself for whatever attack that Raphael was about to throw at him, it had seemed that the man wasn't quite nearly as invested in Nine as he was in him. As the others began to make their move, Nine could only watch in both awe and horror at the speed at which the Disciple moved, and the power he  displayed in effortlessly swatting Kayla away. Seeing that things were not entirely in their favor, the burn that Lok having inflicted not doing much as the man seemed to have some kind of slow regeneration power of his own.

With a grimace on his face as the man attacked Lok, Nine simply fired off a dark pulse towards the Disciple, the Banette not even bothering to dodge his attack. Though Nine had a serious expression on his face, it soon gave way to a smile as he said, "now now, I'm sure a fanatic like you has a lot you'd like to talk about."

"You poor thing. You really want my attention don't you? Fine, fine, have some." The Banette fired off a shadow ball towards Nine, followed with his ghostly claws extending as he charged towards him. 

Seeing the attacks come at him, Nine knew that he had to prioritize taking as little damage as possible - or rather, as little lethal damage as possible - while still trading some blows back against. And to that end, he knew that simply attempting to evade the attacks of Raphael wouldn't do him any good, as there was no way he could keep up any sort of offensive pressure against the Banette. And even then, he hardly doubted even if he put everything into dodging he could simply keep himself safe from the Banette's full onslaught. To this end, Nine leaped to the side to evade the shadow ball and braced himself for the coming shadow claw. Nine raised up an arm and stepped forward, attempting to only be struck by the arm of the attack rather than the claw. As he did so, he then went for a punch himself, his fist coated in the foul play aura he had used so many times before. "Of course! Not every day you get to talk to a disciple!"

Taking the punch dead on, Raphael still didn't seem particularly deterred by Nine's offensive, instead extending his claws out yet again to rake into the Houndoom. "Sorry I'm not into guys like you." 

Bringing his arms back, Nine simply tried to create space between him and the disciple. "That's fine by me. I don't think I can stand anything about you. So, how did you two meet?" Buckling in his legs, Nine fell backwards going into a roll away from the man. And while his maneuver was successful  in avoiding the claws, it did little to protect him from the shadow ball that followed. Being knocked back by the attack, Nine grimaced in pain as he less than gracefully rolled on the ground. 

"Giratina found me. They knew I was of a same mind. So they came to me in my dreams. It was so...painful." Raphael smiles wider at that. "Let me show you how it felt." He then leapt at Nine. 

Doing his best to continue rolling away, Nine spring away from Raphael and back up onto his feet, firing yet another dark pulse at the Banette as he did so. As he did, he could feel that things were already taking a turn for the worse. His arm was already in immense pain and his side where the shadow ball had hit was screaming out at him too. He already felt like he had been through the ringer, and he had only been struck by two attacks so far. This was to say nothing of the steady numbness that was slowly spreading throughout his body that brought with its own set of pain. Grimacing but still trying to smile through the pain, Nine said, "sorry, but I prefer sweet dreams over painful ones. So, if Giratina and you are of the same mind, does that mean all he wants you to do is kill?"

8GrkkS0.png

"I um... I think you're giving me way too much credit there, Ari," Kazo muttered. "I'm nothing that special."

"Nuh-uh," Ari shook his head. "You are special. You know, my Dad once said the people who think they're special are a...a...Poké a dozen, or something like that. But the people that don't, they're the ones that are usually really special. So...that just proves my point!" he beamed.

The next day, Ari felt a little embarrassed after receiving the hug, but also a little happy. Kazo's mom was so nice! About as nice as his own mom...

And then Mac decided to burst his happy bubble. "Suck up," she muttered.

The Litleo glared at her, but she only turned away in a huff.

At seeing Kazo's cape, Ari was super impressed. "Wooow, you look so cool Kazo! Now you can go around being super special in style!"

-

Walking alongside the river made Ari a little nervous. He liked fish, but he didn't like getting wet...problems, problems. It didn't help that Mac stopped to dive after a turtle. "I don't know why anyone would want to get in there," the lion wrinkled his nose.

Eventually they reached a cave, but before they could do much about it, a massive Thunderbolt shot out of it. Ari had to dive out of the way. It looked to be from a really cool-looking gijinka wearing all black. He also seemed pretty intimidating. There was just something about him... While Ari wasn't sure who he was, Mac seemed to recognize him. Which meant he was probably a legendary. That and what he said about Godslayers.

"Hang on, hang on," Kazo said, standing back up slowly, getting Ari back on his feet. "We're not Godslayers. We literally just fought one off with Tornadus yesterday. We're Chasers, we only wanna challenge Legends to improve ourselves...," He looked over to Mac, "And some to show how cool they are. We just heard rumors that a legend showed up here and we came to check it out. Mac probably will also wanna spar against you, but that's it. We not here with ill intentions."

"Yeah, yeah," Ari nodded in agreement, finally recovering from his momentary paralysis. That guy seemed a little scary... "We're the good guys, not the bad guys!" How could the guy look at Kazo and think he was a bad guy? Getting a little braver just thinking about it, he stepped forward. "Kazo here is super cool and a hero, and Mac here is way less cool, but she's about as much of a fan of legendaries as you can get." He didn't really know what to say about himself, so he stopped there.

--

m0FODxE.png

Easter winced as he felt the Carvanha blast against him. Then attempt to Bite him. Not that the attack would do him much damage, but he didn't fancy the idea of having a bunch of fish gijinka hanging from his limbs like ornaments either. Or one hanging from his face.

Gritting his teeth, the Sylveon saw that the others didn't look to be much better off, if at all, but he couldn't really do anything about it at the moment. If he were to stop here, the Carvanha might turn their attention to the others, and he couldn't let that happen.

"Biting people is so unsanitary...let me show you a more elegant move," the fairy type said, releasing another round of pink stars. Hopefully the attack would prevent them from getting close enough to Bite him.

--

UmBSVSF.png

"Oh? Is that all? I didn't think you'd be the kind to be so jumpy." Putting a finger to her chin, Marie seemed to have a sinister smile on her face as she said, "how cute."

Keanu sweated. Marie's almost as scary as Nani sometimes...why do the only sistahs in this group have to be a scary kid...and somebody who's just plain terrifying?

Randy, meanwhile, was roaring with laughter. "I'm teasin', Keanu. Lighten up a bit, brah," he said, wiping a few tears from his eye.

"You wouldn't think it's so funny if you got almost scared to death," the Pikachu complained, but didn't push the topic. It was a little embarrassing, and he'd lost quite a few girls that way whenever they had to do tests of courage, but, by the tapus, he just couldn't get himself to ever care for ghost stories and da kine!

Sitting down with the others, the Brionne looked to the Pikachu as he made his comment saying, "well, Trevor's place is a bit of a walk to get to. Then, we just kind of talked." The girl looked around saying, "this town really is something else, don't you think guys?"

"Yeah, Trevor met us half way and took Allie the rest of the way...that Flygon is a mystery to me...but it's whatever," the Incineroar shrugged. He shook his head again, before sighing. "Anyway, but like Marie said, me and her just talked. It's not often me and her just chit chat...ya know, without her yanking on my ear." Randy began to laugh again, playfully jabbing Marie's side.

"Ahh," Keanu nodded. He barely remembered Trevor, but then again, he hadn't really talked to that guy. Sounded like Randy and Marie got to talk story...while he was stuck here being bullied. A little envious, the Pikachu grinned when he heard the fire type's next words. "You got that right," he chuckled.

"Still, least this whole thing isn't dealing with me being in prison like in Mowloo..." Randy said, taking a few more pieces of food and began to munch on them. "But yeah, out of all the locations we've been to so far...it's something more out of the ordinary..."

"Shoots, you're right there," the electric type sighed, leaning back. "Every braddah here is obsessed with bussing each other up."

One of the nearby gijinka caught that, and gave him a thumbs up. "You got that right!"

Keanu just groaned.

-

The next morning, they decided to head toward Adarid...the city, not the region. It looked like it would be a pretty calm trip, except as soon as Keanu started thinking that, they came across a battlefield, with three gijinka there. Two were seriously injured, while the third looked just fine. Right away, the Pikachu wanted to get as far away from this place as possible, but it didn't look like Marie would let that happen, going so far as to scold the dangerous-looking individual.

Though how the dude knew that they were from another land, was another thing. Unless he could tell that they didn't look familiar. Though, from what Keanu remembered, Pikachu were everywhere. But maybe this was one of the places without Pikachu?

Marie ended her tirade with, "you're an adult so you should know that bullying is wrong. And I don't abide bullying."

Thankfully, the Lucario didn't look like it would do anything against them. At least if they didn't do anything to him. Keanu breathed a sigh of relief. "Eh...let's just move on," the Pikachu suggested. He didn't really have anything against these two wahine, and they were pretty cute too, but he valued his own life way too much to just throw it away for a couple random strangers.

Edited by Sethera

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

The day began to end and what ran through Randy's mind was the events leading up to this moment...namely from today alone. Partaking in a brawl after Marie basically rushed forward into it, besting Heatran in combat and being acknowledged by him, then besting Allie...for real this time. At the same time, he actually felt that he was starting to actually think a bit more during battle rather than striking and attacking without a second thought...least that's what he saw during the Heatran and Allie fight anyway.

Maybe he was actually taking what Marie was saying and applying it more than he thought...who'd ever guess he'd start that up.

Regardless, the next morning came swiftly, with him finding out with the others...as evident of the fact that Trevor was fixing up the front door...that Allie was already out of Trailsau, injured and everything. It really didn't surprise the Incineroar in the slightest. That Tyranitar was definitely as tough as they come, so he figured she'd been gone almost immediately after coming to. Nevertheless he and the group left Trailsau, making their way to Adarid City, the apparent capital of this region from what he was told. Plus, it wasn't going to take but a couple days or such...least in his mind. And as long as they didn't end up running into any Mowlooian natives or cannibals again, Randy figured they'd have a pretty clean journey to the capital.

How wrong he would be...

The sun began to set on this day...but Randy already was feeling something off. It was a feeling he felt before, namely back in Mowloo when Blake approached him about letting him out of prison. At least, that's what he compared this feeling to. Unfortunately, he wasn't sure why he was feeling off like this...but when he looked ahead, he found the reason. It was a battlefield, one that looked like it was ravaged greatly. And in the middle of it all? Two gijinka women, one adorned in blue while the other adorned in yellow and oddly enough, they both seemed a bit reminiscent of Moltres... Meanwhile, on the other side was a lone blindfolded Lucario. Randy stopped and looked at this scene, taking it all in as he did his best to survey the situation.

W-What...the hell...? he thought, though the closer he got, the more he felt his hair stand up on end. It was almost unnerving...

"You have nothing to do with this. I will give you a chance to move on. Go now, travelers from another land. I will not stop you from continuing along your way."

...he knows we're not from here? Randy was taken back at this, but then again, pretty much everyone could see that...but this came from a blindfolded Lucario.

"and just what do you think you're doing Mister?"

Randy's eyes quickly darted from looking at the three gijinka to Marie, who was waving her finger at the Lucario. He tensed up quite a bit, watching the Brionne speak to the Lucario in such a manner. He began to swallow hard, this whole situation not sitting well with him.

"I have no need to explain it to you."

"you're an adult so you should know that bullying is wrong. And I don't abide bullying."

"Marie..." the Incineroar sternly said, moving his hand slightly, grabbing the Brionne's arm and pulling her back. The look he gave her was both a stern one, but at the same time, one of worry.

"Eh...let's just move on,"

"Y-Yeah...that might be a good idea..." he muttered, about to walk away from this situation, but he was stopped. His hair was standing up on end and he felt unnerved just being in the same area with this Lucario, but instead of moving, he stood there. "...you're a Godslayer, aren't you?" Randy sighed, looking over at the Lucario before glancing at the two other gijinka.

"That is the name people gave me yes."

That's what I was afraid of... Randy shifted slightly, now facing towards the Lucario. "Makes it a second Godslayer I've spoken to then..." he said, his fists clenching for a moment, before relaxing and remaining at unclenched. "What is it you hope to achieve from offing the Legends?"

"I don't hope to achieve anything. I am just fighting with all my might."

"Then why go after them?" he motioned towards the gijinka near the Lucario. "If you want to fight with all your might, hell, I know a place or two to do that...just going after the Legends to off em is just plain stupid to me."

"They are the strongest. So I fight them." He didn't even turn to face Randy. "I am letting you go because you're not strong enough. Leave and I will finish my battle."

Randy's fists began to clench tightly again, trying his best to calm down at this point. "...by finish...you mean kill them?" he asked, a low growl hinted in his voice.

"I cannot fight at full power and leave my opponent alive. Anything less would be holding back."

Holding back? Randy's eyes shifted from the Lucario to survey the surrounding area. Was...was this not him holding back against these two? His fists began to clench tighter but they also began to tremble greatly. Could this Lucario be THAT powerful? The thought both excited and caused him to fear...with his fears eclipsing the excitement around this possibility. He stood there looking at the Lucario and the prey that was two Legends, his fists trembling. Part of him wanted to strike at him...after all, he insulted his strength a moment ago. But the other part was keeping him away, almost like a survival instinct. Further, this wouldn't be a just him bout, it would bring in the rest of the team too.

...Arceus damnit...

Edited by Chaos Sonic

hqWiIfT.png

"You have nothing to do with this. I will give you a chance to move on. Go now, travelers from another land. I will not stop you from continuing along your way."

Well, whoever this guy was, he knew who Nani & co were, at least insofar as them not being native to Adarid. Despite the blindfold. Which was quite impressive. And also probably a bad sign. But he was right, this wasn't really any of their business, so it was probably best to just--

"You're an adult so you should know that bullying is wrong. And I don't abide bullying."

Marie... Simply put, the girl was a hazard to everyone else right now. And Nani just didn't have it in her to tell the brionne so despite the fact, because Marie's heart was in the right place and all. Keanu seemed to also be of the mind of simply moving on. Randy was at first as well, but then...

"...by finish...you mean kill them?"

"I cannot fight at full power and leave my opponent alive. Anything less would be holding back."

Well, that wasn't menacing at all or anything. Nani wasn't sure if Randy was ready to fight or ready to turn tail for once. This was probably a fight that was better off avoided, if this mystery man was anything like he claimed to be. So far the group had been carried by nothing more than sheer dumb luck, but even that could only help a ragtag group of Alolans so much, right? If there was a point where it stopped getting them through fights, Nani had a gut feeling that this was that point.

"Wait, wait, wait," she said to her teammates. Gesturing further down along the road, the mimikyu continued "We should keep heading along. This isn't any of our business, we're probably way too outmatched by this guy, and we don't actually know how far the next town is from here. Not to mention it's two-on-one." Plus, legends around here don't really strike me as the type to want to be helped anyway.

Graveyard of Lost Souls Team Karaoke

The burn Lok had inflicted onto Raphael didn't seem to be doing much, being counteracted by some sort of regeneration. To make matters worse, Lok had brought attention to himself - attention that would cost him, as he let out a painful scream. It was like the Godslayer had struck him right at his soul, feeling something eat away at him. His body started to burn up as he clutched his chest. The Bannette was clearly toying with them, his maniacal voice ringing in Lok's head. "This is bad..." He muttered to himself as he watched Nine strike at the Godslayer once again, taking the attention away from him. At this rate, he was feeling a lot of regret about coming here. Maybe Shaymin had been right all along...

Well, it didn't matter now. Even if he had wanted to turn back and run, he couldn't. He glanced back towards Gwen, checking up on how she was doing. She was standing there ominously, a blank stare in her eyes. "Gwen...?" She seemed completely out of it, almost in a trance. "Gwen!" He shouted, running towards the girl.

No response.

Even after pulling at her arm, she didn't move, just swayed a bit in place. It was almost like she was a lifeless mannequin. His heart sank. "Gwen!" He shouted once more, his voice filled with panic as he feared the worst. He shook the girl by her shoulders. "Snap out of it, Gwen! Please..." His voice trembled, eyes starting to tear up.

Still nothing.

"No no no no..." He muttered, turning around to see Nine getting absolutely demolished by Raphael. "Gwen, please! Nine needs us... Kayla needs us..." He said, turning around back to Gwen with tears rolling down his face.

"I need you."

Temple of Time and Space Team Showdown

Scarlet's pincers locked onto the Kabutop's blade, gripping it tightly as she glared at the ancient gijinka's eyes. However, she let go as the Kabutops fired off a Hydro Pump at her, sending the Scizor flying back from the force of the water stream. She managed to land on her feet, but saw that her opponent was quickly following up on his attack, dashing towards her to strike with another Slash. She acted quickly, her wings fluttering violently as she sidestepped the attack. Her blood was pumping from adrenaline as she darted back in to go for a right hook aimed at the Kabutop's side.

The ancient fighter winced as Scarlet's fist struck him, before giving the girl a rather nasty Leer, one that made Scarlet feel slightly uneasy. She didn't have time to think about it that much, however, as Kabutops was now coming at her with another Slash. She raised her pincer to block the slash, gritting her teeth as she felt the blade cut into her metallic hand. A small trickle of blood came out of the crack that was now on her fist, but she wasn't deterred. "Now you've done it..." She said, her eyes burning intensely as she took the opportunity to go in with a Bullet Punch right into his gut.

Kabutops doubled over from the attack, lifting his head up to look at her. Scarlet grinned, although she didn't have time to appreciate her attack as she saw him getting ready to fire off another Hydro Pump. This time, she was ready, however, as she darted out of the way. "Not this time!" She said, drops from the jet of water splashing onto her metallic coat as she got ready to go in with another punch.

Kabutops was ready for this, as he swiped towards Scarlet, his hand covered in a claw-shaped purple flame. She met the Dragon Claw with a Bullet Punch, the two attacks clashing with each other. Both of them winced as the other struck, the clash causing both of them to take a step back from each other. There was a short pause as the two fighters glared at each other, before they immediately dashed towards each other once again. As Scarlet dashed in, she narrowly dodged a downwards Slash aimed towards her, returning with a set of punches that he managed to block with two swift Slashes. The clinging of metal filled the room for a few seconds as the two of them swung at each other swiftly, each fighter looking nearly evenly matched.

However, as Kabutops went in for a Dragon Claw aimed right at Scarlet's head, she managed to grab his claw once more with a Bug Bite. For the first time in that fight, he let out a shout in pain, but Scarlet wasn't done. Her wings fluttered violently as she pulled on his arm, causing him to stumble forward right into a flurry of punches that sent him flying backwards. Scarlet darted forwards, Kabutops trying once again to blast her with a Hydro Pump. However, he missed as she darted forwards, her Bug Bites clamping right into his sides as she held him. With a grunt, her wings fluttering violently, she managed to lift herself slightly off the ground, before suplexing the Kabutops.

Scarlet picked herself off the ground, breathing heavily as she turned towards the Kabutops. "A worthy foe..." She said quietly, taking a moment to take a breath as she looked at her knocked out opponent.

It was almost disrespectful how little attention Brooke was paying to the Huntail. His tail hit her side only because she had been watching Dora, infuriated, and desperately grappling with the urge to endanger all Gijinka in the bubble by unleashing her Susano’o of the Flame. She stumbled from the impact slightly, but it was a largely unimpactful attack, even with the type-advantage. It did create an opening when her head was pushed back, exposing her neck, and the Huntail lunged forward to try and rip out her throat with his teeth. 

Brooke dug her heels into the ground, stabilized, and slammed her head forward in a headbutt. “Get outta my way!” Forehead met teeth; with a sickening crunch several of the Huntail’s teeth shattered, and he was propelled across the bubble, crashing into the Cloyster assaulting Dora. Both tumbled to the ground in a big heap of limbs and spikes. Brooke hadn’t escaped the clash unscathed, a few deep gashes in her forehead to show for her troubles, but it didn’t seem to slow her down. 

“Dora! Find Phione and stick with her, this isn’t a fight for little kids,” she shouted, already stomping toward the Cloyster and Huntail. Sparks of electricity started to sizzle and pop up and down her arms, increasing in speed and frequency with every second, until soon the Emboar gijinka was completely encompassed by the blinding electrical aura that was Wild Charge. 

Cloyser climbed back to her feet and glared. In an instant, spikes rocketed out of her shell toward Brooke; a Spike Cannon. They found their mark, but did nothing to deter the woman’s advance. 

When the Emboar Gijinka was upon them, Huntail in a panic fired a swirling orb of pressurized water, the swirling pattern confusing if you looked at it for too long. “Not gonna work!” Brooke growled, swinging an electric backed punch that shattered the Water Pulse. “Do you think you’re big? Picking on a little kid? Why don’t you try someone your own size!” she snarled at the Cloyster, ignoring her previous opponent entirely, in favor of the one that had hurt Dora. 

(She uses Wild Charge on Cloyster.)

Edited by Cheshire Toon

Team Mac, Cave Part Two

"We just heard rumors that a legend showed up here and we came to check it out. Mac probably will also wanna spar against you, but that's it. We not here with ill intentions,"

"Kazo here is super cool and a hero, and Mac here is way less cool, but she's about as much of a fan of legendaries as you can get."

"Hey!" Mac protested, breaking out of her stupor. "I'm more than super cool. Just because you're his biggest fan doesn't mean Kazo is cooler." She placed her fists on her hips and glowered at the boy for a moment before turning back to Zekrom. "I, um....I like the way you shoot lightning!" Mac declared, struggling to contain her excitement.

Zekrom put a hand to his chin and scanned the trio. "You don't seem the same. You're certainly not as strong as them." He got closer, towering over even Kazo, and stared into the young Dragon's eyes. "Yes, you are good people. Your values are strong, and noble...I like it!" he declared, clapping the boy on the shoulders. He squeezed and shook him slightly. "You know, I've only been walking around for a few weeks now. I've been thinking I should gather some followers. Just like the old days, when things were more ideal."

He let go of Kazo with one hand and stretched his arm towards the other two. "Well, what do you think, want to be the first of my new followers?"

Team Neo Not Dark, Under The Sea

The Dragalge cursed as Denku came at him again. The damage was building up and, as Denku felt the confusion creep up on him, the Dragalge stumbled back. Heavily battered and injured. But still not quite done. Seeing Denku's stat he smirked, a bit of blood leaking out of the corner of his lips. "Guess you're all out of gas, finally." He muttered as the camouflage faded and he swung around and caught Denku in the side, sending him flying across the bubble. "Damn crazy bastard." Dragalge muttered.

The Swift attack the Easter sent out took two more of the foes out of the fight. But the third managed to, while falling, chomp down on Easter's leg, digging its teeth into the Sylveon. The other Carvanha, who had missed his attack earlier, surged back up for another Aqua Jet. Getting in close they went up high and aimed a kick for Easter's head.

As Brooke attacked and slammed into the Cloyster they woman kept her same wicked grin on her face. "Ahh poor mommy pig girl." She said, cackling even as Brooke broke a couple bones of the woman. She went to attack Brooke straight on with a Razor Shell, trying to slice into the taller girl's strong neck.

The Huntail backed away, seemingly more fearful about the woman. But when he saw his companion attack he decided to try to fire off another Water Pulse.

Try being the operative word. As they opened their mouth to launch the attack they inside of their mouth was hit by a pressurized jet of water, coming from Dora, and they choked for a moment. Unable to to get their attack off.

"I'm not gonna let you get hurt!" Dora called out to Brooke, shaking her head in defiance of the woman's suggestion.

Team Showdown, Temple of Time and Space

As the fights went on Isole faced her own challenge. A challenge she took, as with all things, with a nearly blank expression and a gloomy disposition. The winged opponent's Take Down shoved her into the corner post. Her back hit it and she winced slightly. The opposing Gijinka jumped into the air and spun in an arc, coming in for a Wing Attack.

The girl frowned and raised both of her hands. Her eyes went an icy blue and a miniature Blizzard formed in front of her. Right in the Aerodactyl's path. The winged Gijinka tried to pull back but it was too late. They were caught by the flurry of snow and ice which dragged them down to the ground.

With a growl the Gijinka looked up at Isole as she sent forth a strange wind, which howled as though a spirit were inside of it, striking the Aerodactyl and buffeting them from their position kneeling on the floor.

The Gijinka opened their mouth and launched a Dragon Breath at Isole, who merely sighed and sent a Thunderbolt at the same time. Both moves hit at once, Isole wincing as the draconic breath hit her body, but the Thunderbolt seemed to be enough to keep the Aerodactyl down.

"Good thing you clipped their wing." Isole said to Taiga, not wanting to take credit for the victory. "Is that all?"

The king laughed as the downed Gijinka were taken from the ring. "If it was that easy everyone would do it! You two, you're up!"

The next to come into the ring resembled a Cradily and Armaldo. The Armaldo looked confident despite the previous victory but the Cradily seemed more nervous.

As they watched the Cradily stood perfectly still, and what seemed like roots came from their legs into the ground. Then they shot out a ghostly ray towards Taiga.

The Armaldo took position near the front of the Cradily, their claws turning metallic, watching the trio. It seemed he was intent on protecting the Cradily as they attacked from a distance.

Team Alola, On the Road to Adarid City

The Lucario was silent while the others continued to talk. And then, turning towards them, he said "One minute. And then I continue. If you want to be away from here by then leave now." With that said he raised an arm and pointed it towards the downed Zapdos. Who, for her part, seemed hardly aware of the situation anymore having taken such serious injuries.

Team Karaoke, Graveyard of Lost Souls

"sorry, but I prefer sweet dreams over painful ones. So, if Giratina and you are of the same mind, does that mean all he wants you to do is kill?"

"You know. I think I'll keep your tongue once I tear it off. It seems like the strongest part of you." Raphael said, his own, tongue, tongue snaking out and licking his lips before cackling. "Giratina wants what everyone wants...The world just as they desire. Nothing more. Nothing less. And why shouldn't they have it? They helped make this world you know." He giggled again. "You wouldn't be here without them." More giggling. "I guess sometimes even they get some things wrong."

He started forward, claws extended, and lurched forward as they were struck from behind by Kayla's Signal Beam. "Ah, that tickles. I'll deal with you next. And it'll be even more violent just for that, look forward to it!"

He then proceeded to ignore the girl, who once more seemed to be blending into the background, and charge towards Nine with surprising speed.

-----

All she could see was dark. Where was she? Who was she? Gwen, Gwen....yes, that's right her name was Gwen. So that brought it back to where she was.

Then she heard a voice. She had heard this voice before, recently. Name...Raphael. So what were they saying?

"I know you. At least...what you are. You're kind of like me, aren't you, priestess?"

She saw him standing in front of her. Looming over her. Smiling widely. "What..."

"I felt something from you. Something familiar. And I wanted to talk to you, you see. I know what you're doing. And it's very naughty isn't it? Do they know? No, they don't, do they?" He giggled. "You're amazing! I wish you weren't on the wrong side. I think we could get along, you and I."

"No, not at all. You're...a beast."

"And you're not? No, I suppose not. A beast does it by instinct. You planned this." He shuddered. "Ohhh it gives me such delicious chills. Such a terrible witch you are."

Gwen was silent. She didn't know how to answer. Didn't want to answer. Didn't want to talk to this...man anymore. But what was she supposed to do? He wasn't wrong, really. She really was terrible....

"I need you."

Gwen blinked. Ah. That was right. That's why... She looked at Raphael and coldly stated "I'll show you terrible."

Gwen blinked again. And she was in the graveyard with the rest. Lok looking at her in a panic. She put a hand on his shoulder and gently moved him aside. "I'm here." She said.

The Mismagius floated past, as Raphael made his way towards Nine. A ghostly eye appeared above her head and she sent a powerful Hex towards the Banette. The Ghost shuddered and stopped. "Ah, that hurt." He looked over towards Gwendoline "I see you've joined us. Welcome to the fun!"

Gwen winced as the disciple hit her with his tortuous combination. But Gwen could play that game too. And Raphael smiled and groaned as he felt some of the pain he had inflicted. "See? Just like me." He growled before shooting out a Shadow Ball towards Gwen.

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie looked onward as the Lucario began to take his stance to attack. The girl didn't quite know what to do to stop him. Every part of her being told her that trying to converse any more with this man was futile. And trying to fight him was nothing short of impossible. Yet still, Marie knew that just letting him kill the legends was wrong. As Randy gave her a look, one that told her to back off as well, for once she had felt inclined to agree. As both the Lucario and Randy began to exchange words with each other, the girl tensed up even more, rooted into place as the man confirmed that he was a godslayer. A man obsessed with fighting. Fighting to prove his strength. Fighting to kill whatever he deemed worthy. Marie knew more and more that this was all just wrong. 

Yet still, Randy of all people seemed paralyzed in fear of the man. Keanu seemed ready to bolt, relieved they didn't have to fight them. And Nani, echoing that it was none of their business, was also ready to leave. As the girl stood there, she could feel herself start to go with the flow. However, as she thought of leaving, more popped into her head. The bloodied club of Allie, along the bloodied body of Moltress. Blake attacking and terrorizing others. Yveltal bringing him to his ultimate end. Alola, her home island, being besieged and destroyed by unknown monsters. She didn't want to see anymore of it. It was pointless and terrifying and she couldn't bring herself to stand idly by as those were strong just hurt those around her. 

"Please stop!" As Marie shouted these words, a burst of pink energy fired out from her mouth, striking the Lucario dead on. Marie's hands were fists, knuckles turning white from how tightly they were clenched. Every part of her body seemed to be trembling and the fear was clear in her eyes. Yet still, she stood in place saying, "I-it's never been our business...each and every time...but I still - I don't want you to hurt these people any more."

The Lucario seemed to pause for a moment, before lowering his arm. "You have forty-five seconds. Go now." 

A wave of terror that instinctually made the young Brionne want to flee went through her as he said this. This was followed by an almost sense of relief that, despite her attack, she still had a chance to escape. Yet still, saving Moltres had never been any of their business. Stopping Blake had never been any of their business. And so, whether this was her business or not, Marie simply couldn't stand by and let this happen. Marie began to walk forward, past everyone and past Lucario. Standing in the direction that he was facing, the girl, still shaking and terrified, stood her ground against the impossible foe. "I - I - I won't let you hurt these people. So, please, stop."

"Ten."

The girl's heart was pounding, her hands were soaked in sweat and her breathing was rapidly increasing. Yet still, she didn't move. Looking at the powerful foe before her though, the girl couldn't help but think something. "Are...are you...lonely?"

"No....three."

Not paying heed to his warning Marie continued. "I met someone who was strong....But no one ever fought him and so....they never had anyone to..." 

As Marie was trying to stammer out her thoughts, the Lucario moved forward. While the girl could see his movements, the speed at which he moved was still far greater than anything she had ever seen, by a wide margin at that. As the distance between the two was closed in almost an instant, Marie could see the Lucario lift his leg, and she knew that it had hit her in the side. While she knew these things, though, she didn't feel any pain from the attack. Her breath was knocked out of her almost immediately. Her body felt as though it had gone limp. And there was brief period of weightlessness as her eyes went wide. The next thing Marie knew, she was hurtling through the air, being launched several dozen feet before smashing back into the ground. 

The girl lied there, motionless for a moment, before she suddenly could feel again. A throbbing unlike any she had ever felt before was now coursing through her gut, then entire rest of her body spasming as she regained her senses. Going into a huge coughing fit, trying to regather her breath, Marie had trouble moving any part of her body as she was trying to recover from the attack. Eventually, she managed to get one hand to hold her bruised gut as the other started to claw against the ground and turn the girl over onto her stomach. Her feet pushing against the ground, attempting to but currently failing to get her back upright, she looked back to the Lucario. Though she had just been able to witness his power first hand, and the difference between them could not be any more obvious, the young Brionne's head was currently in a whirl. She could hardly make sense of anything that she was feeling, other than pain. Yet, there still seemed to be a resolved look in her eyes as she said, "i-it was...sad...So I...-" The girl stopped as she had another coughing fit before saying, "so I told him....I'd get strong...."

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Wait, wait, wait. We should keep heading along. This isn't any of our business, we're probably way too outmatched by this guy, and we don't actually know how far the next town is from here. Not to mention it's two-on-one."

S-She has a point... Randy thought, beginning to swallow hard. The demeanor of this gijinka and the air about him...it really was giving him an uneasy feeling.

"One minute. And then I continue. If you want to be away from here by then leave now."

His fists began to clench tightly, both of them shaking furiously. They helped Moltres and these two seemed to be something similar to the fiery gijinka, they could help them too! But at the same time, this guy...he was...there was definitely something off about him. He was about to turn and leave...when she made a move.

"Please stop! I-it's never been our business...each and every time...but I still - I don't want you to hurt these people any more."

"...Marie..." Randy began to say sternly, almost worried at this point as he looked at the Brionne. She struck him with an attack and now she was lecturing him, like she always did. It was admirable of her, but this wasn't the time for something like this...especially right now. "Marie...we need to g-..."

"I met someone who was strong....But no one ever fought him and so....they never had anyone to..."

What came next was what made the Incineroar burn greatly in rage. His eyes went wide as he watched the Lucario, or better yet, barely saw him move, as he struck Marie right in the side with a swift kick. He stood there, shocked, mouth agape and his whole being trembling at seeing this. The sounds of the Brionne now having a coughing fit only further pushed his shocked state. Randy watched her mouth move a moment or two after, but he couldn't hear what she said to the Lucario...all he could hear...was muffled sounds. His fists grew tighter, clenching further than they had before as he began to grit his teeth. This...THIS was the line...and this Lucario crossed it.

BGM

Randy turned back to face the Lucario, his eyes filled with a fiery rage as he began to snarl at the gijinka. "...you..." he shifted slightly, before roaring and making a mad dash towards the Lucario, preparing a Brick Break. "BASTARD!!!"

The Lucario vanishes, moving with extreme speed, and when Randy next sees him he's right in front of the Incineroar, punching him in the gut. Randy gets thrown backwards by the force of the attack.

Randy felt the wind getting knocked out of him, feeling the swift but strong punch in his gut as he was sent flying back. He landed along the ground, being dragged some by the force until he finally gripped with his one hand, digging his nails into the dirt. He finally stopped and began to cough, huffing sharply. "...t-tch...d-d-do all you people here...g-get your kicks by attacking children?" he growled, holding his gut as he continued to huff.

Lucario never responded, only simply rushing at Randy again, only aiming for the head this time with a kick.

Randy watched the Lucario, the best he could, as he put his arms up to defend himself, only to be kicked in the head. Yet again he found himself collapsing on the ground...and he was trembling. He hadn't felt something like this since Yveltal... "...d-damn you..." he growled, trying to get up but was also still nursing that strike to the head.

"Stay down." the Lucario then turned towards Keanu and Nani.

"H-Hey...HEY!!" the Incineroar shouted out, groaning more. "...d-don't turn your back...t-to me...leave them out...of this!" Unfortunately, this didn't deter the Lucario or even had him acknowledge him. He began to growl greatly, doing his best to get up, though being disoriented. "...I-I...said...don't...turn your back...TO ME!!!" he roared, firing off a Fire Blast in the Lucario's direction.

The Lucario, without turning, raised a hand and launched an Aura Sphere at the blast. When it hit the center it caused the blast to explode and the sphere to continue towards Randy.

"S-Shit...!" Randy muttered, diving out of the way of the Aura Sphere, only succeeding in collapsing to his side. He was still trembling and he couldn't get his legs to move much do to them shaking. "L-Leave them out of this!!"

Completely ignoring Randy, the Lucario continued on towards Keanu and Nani, so far to the point of ignoring the Fire-Type that he didn't even aim the Aura Sphere at him, despite the attack's homing properties.

D-D-DAMNIT!!! W-What's the point...of winning against a Legendary...if this is all I can do?! he thought, slamming a fist on the ground.

8GrkkS0.png

Ari was relieved that this big bad legendary guy didn't think they were bad anymore. That would've been...bad. But mainly, it was just insulting to be treated like a...a villain! Like they were Mightyena instead of Pyroar, even though none of them were either...but still. He was also relieved that Mac was talking to him now, even if it was to yell at him. It was just...weird when she was being quiet. "I'm not Kazo's fan! He's way too cool to need fans." He knew that what he was saying didn’t really make sense, but he didn’t like the way Mac was trying to put down Kazo’s awesomeness here.

Zekrom then said something that completely floored the lion. No, not that they were good people. He already knew that. But what came after. About them becoming his followers. "A-are you serious?" he stammered, before recovering. The cub drew himself up. "That sounds...awesome! Does that mean I might learn to become super cool and strong like a legendary is?! Maybe as strong as Entei!"

--

m0FODxE.png

Easter sighed, put out at being attacked like this. "You all are ridiculous," he shook his head. Fighting small fry like this really did little more than whet his appetite...or not even that. Glancing around the battlefield, attempting to shake off the Carvanha attached to his leg, he made small analyses in his head. Denku was hit, but he's made of tougher stuff than that to go down so easily. Brooke is getting aggravated, probably because of Dora. And of course, Dora's decided to join in and fight anyway. There really wasn't much he could do about that though until he got rid of these two bottom feeders. "I guess it's time to clean house," he muttered.

"I tire of you," the Sylveon said, firing a Moonblast at the Carvanha aiming a kick for him. Normally, he would've tried to avoid the attack, but his maneuverability was halved with the sucker attached to his leg. So, the next best thing was to just blast the nuisance in front of him away.

--

UmBSVSF.png

This is dumb. So, so dumb. Why are we even here again? Oh, that's right. We're on the road to Adarid City, meeting new enemies along the way.

Once again, Keanu could not help but wonder how he got dragged into messes like this. And why he even bothered moving past them. It was obvious he had been born under an unlucky star, doomed to forever get himself thrown into fight after fight. At this point, he was just starting to get resigned. He wasn't even surprised that Marie decided to stand in the way of this Lucario. She was just delusional like that.

"You brahs are bad for my health," he groaned. "And I don't mean that in the sick way, but in the I'm at risk of losing my life way."

It didn't matter though. No matter what he said, it couldn't change what was happening. It didn't change Marie getting slammed by that Lucario, Randy losing his temper and getting tossed around, or the fact that that very same gijinka that took down their most powerful was headed their way.

The Pikachu looked at Nani. "Looks like we won't be able to keep heading along." He shook his head at the Lucario, who probably couldn't see what he was doing...or maybe he could since he seemed to know where everybody was. "I wasn't gonna fight ya, but looks like I have no choice now." He then charged an Electro Ball and sent it flying at the fighting type. Afterward, he attempted to dash away and hopefully not get hit before the Lucario got to him. The Nightmarish Terror next to him would probably be fine, since she was a ghost type and could somehow sink into people's shadows. Keanu, on the other hand, was very much both solid and squishy.

Edited by Sethera

hqWiIfT.png

"You brahs are bad for my health. And I don't mean that in the sick way, but in the I'm at risk of losing my life way."

Not to mention how bad they were for their own health. Picking fights, not backing down from fights they could avoid, the likes. As much as Nani understood why one would take those courses of action, the actions themselves seemed... questionable. Maybe it was because she just really didn't like being in conflict with others, even if they did deserve it. But for whatever reason, even after Marie and Randy had both been so effortlessly cast aside, Nani still didn't want to fight.

"Looks like we won't be able to keep heading along."

There wasn't really much choice though. He was coming their way, it was clearly time to fight, and Keanu had already made a move as well. He also put some distance between himself and Nani plus the incoming Lucario. Escape was possible, but it was probably more effective to defuse this altogether.

"Wait, wait, wait," Nani said, hands raised. "Those two, uh... they're a bit reckless. A lot, lately. Yeah you probably shouldn't be doing this and all, but if you're really going through with it, it would be a lot more impactful if there were people who knew, right? Rumors spread, the other Legends start looking for you, it's like using fish to bait out more fish. I'll fight you if you don't want to back down now, but wouldn't that give those two birds over there plenty of time to get away?" Just in case, a spectral bone-shaped object started to form in Nani's hand.

Just in case, of course.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

"Good thing you clipped their wing." 

"Since when did you get a sense of humor?  Fufufu."  Taiga watched as the losers were all dragged away.  She gave a thumbs up to Scarlet as well. 

"Is that all?"

"Yeah...seems a bit too easy if you ask me."

"If it was that easy everyone would do it! You two, you're up!"

Two more Gijinka entered the ring.  One looked rather confident in it's abilities, while the other stood there twiddling it's fingers.  Roots started to dig into the ground beneath it, as they tried to shoot a confusing ball of light at Taiga.  She stretched, as the attack seemed to meander on it's way over to her, making sure to loosen her side and legs up.  She'd make short work of that guy in the back.

"Hey, Chrome dome, make sure you take care of that dork while I,"  Taiga bolted off to the side of the ring, trying to circle her way towards the opponent who made themselves a sitting duck, "Take care of this dweeb!"  Taiga jumped back after getting a clear shot at the Cradily, making sure her feet landed on the ropes.  Her momentum snapped her forward once more, as her fangs projected out, shimmering with frost.  "Take this!  Taiga the Terrible's Tundra Torpedo!" 

"I'm here too you know?"  Isole could be heard groaning, as she shot of a Thunderbolt to fend off the Cradily's defender.  Taiga's bite landed with the both of their help, as the Gijinka's eyes lit up with fear.  However, it wasn't enough to knock them out entirely, as the attack from before was now launched at point blank range.  Her mind started flashing, and she could barely manage to see ahead of her.  However, her nose picked up a vile stench coming her way.  She managed to quickly stumble out of the way of the incoming acid, but fell over in the process.  She gripped a hold of her head, trying to shake the confusion, but to no avail. 

"Doll, don't wanna give Slaking nothin'!"  She couldn't even try to put any words together in a coherent sentence.  She started to run at Cradily once more, but tripped over her own foot and fell flat on her face.  She grunted at the force of shark nose smacking into wrestling ring, but gave a thumbs up to the others.

"Give up!  I play fiddles for breakfast!"  She shouted towards the others.  

"You don't seem the same. You're certainly not as strong as them." Thankfully, Zekrom believed them, even if the reason why was a bit disheartening. "Yes, you are good people. Your values are strong, and noble...I like it!" he declared, clapping Kazo on the shoulders, giving a light squeeze and shaking him lightly. "You know, I've only been walking around for a few weeks now. I've been thinking I should gather some followers. Just like the old days, when things were more ideal." He let go of Kazo with one hand and stretched his arm towards the other two. "Well, what do you think, want to be the first of my new followers?"

That... well, that wasn't something Kazo was expecting. Were they just offered to become a follower of Zekrom? What did that even mean? He didn't even know but it sounded so cool!

"A-are you serious?" Ari stammered. "That sounds...awesome! Does that mean I might learn to become super cool and strong like a legendary is?! Maybe as strong as Entei!"

"That... that really sounds cool," Kazo admitted. He didn't even know what to say. He had to slow down a little, process all of this. A legendary had just offered them to become his followers. And not just any legendary, but a long lost one, the legendary dragon of ideals! This was a once in an life time opportunity, one that anyone should jump on, and under normal circumstances, he totally would!

But they weren't under normal circumstances. The world was in danger, and the legends were barely equipped to fight it. He needed to keep his head on... he just hoped he wasn't ruining this chance. "I... well, doing that would be amazing, but, we have a big problem going on right now, and I think we need to take care of that first. It's just... something that needs taken care of you know? But after it's all said and done, I don't mind joining ya,"

Denku's vision wasn't doing so well, hell, he wasn't doing so well. He was seeing three of everything, and they were swirling around. He could barely stand up, feeling like he could tip over at any second. He tried to steady himself, but someone struck him in the side, sending him flying across the bubble, bouncing across the ground as he grunted in pain. He couldn't even tell from what direction the attack came or which way he needed to go now.

He fought against his body, forcing himself to slowly get back onto his feet. He saw some sort of figure that looked like it maybe attacked, so he fired off the ol' reliable jets to send him flying across the bubble... except his jets weren't reliable when he was in this bad of shape, and after one fart of an air blast, he fell back onto the floor, right back on his face. The second this confusion wore off, he was going to tear this guy a new one...

“You don’t get it!” Brooke raised her right arm to intercept the razor-sharp shell. It bit several inches into the skin of forearm, drawing blood, but the Emboar never stopped. Her left arm was engulfed by a bright red aura and she grabbed the Cloyster by the throat. With ease that came only from Fighting-type moves, she lifted the Gijinka completely off her feet and held her in the air, squeezing the entire time. “That’s my job Dora! To protect you! Seeing you get hurt would do more damage to me than any attack these punks could dish out,” she said, momentarily turning her attention to the young Wooper.

Then she turned back to face the Cloyster hoisted into the air. “As for you…” She squeezed. “You’re out of your league. We’ve not even gotten serious yet.” If the Cloyster looked closely as Brooke spoke, she would see flames bubbling up at the back of the Emboar’s throat, and smoke bellowed from her mouth when she growled her next words. “I’m gonna throw you out of this bubble. If you come back in, if you follow us, or if I ever so much as see you again… I won’t let go next time.” The last of her sentence was layered, as if spoken by a hundred voices at once, and shadows of fire danced across her eyes.

Without another word, she threw the Cloyster as hard as she could towards the outside of the bubble.

(Brooke used Superpower -- expressed as grabbing the Cloyster -- and then rolled an intimidation check.)