LordCowCow

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC / PG-16 / Complete]

Brooke groaned as she pushed herself off the wall. She was getting fed up with these constant surprises. What did they even feed someone for them to get that big? Whatever it was he didn’t seem to be all that smart. Denku was managing to pretty easily evade him, even with the burden of carrying Phione around.

“Hey!” Brooke rolled her neck, bones cracking, and stretched her arms. Electricity sizzled and spark along her skin as she did. The hair on her arms stood on end and every little movement was followed by SNAP! CRACKLE! POP! of the barely contained power. “Ever heard that talking down to people is rude? ‘Cause it is. Why don’t you come down here and say that--I’ll even HELP YOU!” The end of her sentence was loud, punctuated by a grunt of effort as she launched herself off the ground with such strength the floor under her feet cracked. 

She soared into the air, almost reaching the ceiling, her aura of electricity growing more powerful every passing second. At the peak of her jump she was nothing but a ball of blindingly bright light to anyone who looked in her direction. Then, she began to fall, pivoting her hips and extending a leg to deliver a powerful moment-enhanced kick to the back of Wailod’s head to--hopefully--send him crashing onto the ground. 

“Take the girl and go Denku! Find Easter, I’ll catch up!” 

Team Mac, Day 23, Ogren

"Tornadus, do you have any other attack that won't cause the raft to break?" 

"Yeah, because we can't fly, and I doubt we can fight in this swamp. So if you have an attack that won't break the raft, now will be the perfect time to show it off,"

"Huh?" Tornadus said, giving both of them a sour look. "Of course I can, who the hell do you think I am?" He glowered in the direction that Mia had been sent. "I have plenty of amazing moves. I got one saved up that can take her down in one go. I just don't like using it much."

"What, really? Are you scared of your own move or something?" Mac said.

"Hell no!" Tornadus replied. "I'm not afraid. Just don't like how tired it makes me feel after. Such a buzzkill. So if you want to see it in action you're gonna have to keep that crazy broad in place for a moment so I don't waste this shot."

"Can't you just do it now when she's stuck in the mud?"

"Cause she's not stuck." Tornadus said, pointing forward and in the air. And across the way Mia burst out of the mud, spinning in a ball, having launched herself out of the mud and back towards the raft. She unfurled from the Rollout and went for a Body Slam towards the closest person from her position. In this case Ari.

"Alright, fine." Mac said, electricity charging around her body. "Let's do this."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, Merm Palace

"Let's join up with the others. And...As soon as we get out of here, I'm going to have to take a bath." 

Dora stared at Easter's outstreched hand then looked at the Sylveon curiously. "What am I supposed to do with that?" She asked before bouncing her way up to her feet. She looked at Easter's wet hair and giggled. "You got smelly." She said. Then, staring for a bit at Easter's head, she stood up on her toes and opened her mouth. Clamping her mouth around a bit of Easter's hair she wrinkled her nose.

"That's not very yummy salt." Dora declared. With that profound response out of the way Dora started to hop her way towards where she thought the others might be located.

-----

The giant Gijinka let out a shout as he slammed his arms down...behind where Denku was sliding. The fists cause large cracks to appear in the ground but Denku was able to slip underneath the Wailord. Seeming confused they looked down between their legs at where Denku had gone. "Hey, no fair." The man said. He went to get back upright just in time for him to notice Brooke on the move.

"Why would I go down there? That's where the dirt lives." The Wailord said. Then let out a confused "Buh?" as Brooke launched herself in the air. Without much time to react the Walord was struck on the top of the head and forced down. His face slammed against the ground with a heavy crash.

"Owww, that was mean." He said. Then, getting up on all fours, launched a, much weaker, Water Spout at Brooke again.

Team Alola, Day 27, Trailsau 

Allie winced as her movements slowed down enough for Keanu to dart out of attack range. Instead the Stone Edge struck nothing but ground. She was about to aim it upwards to launch the stones at Keanu's fleeing form when Randy came up and started swinging attacks around. Forcing the girl to backstep to keep out of the way of the attacks.

"Don't underestimate us...we aren't those same gijinka that was wet behind our ears when you fought us at Northshore..." he growled. "We've gotten stronger...and smarter!"

"Doesn't seem like that to me. Just look around you. Your little friends aren't doing so hot are they?"

Marie was able to stop a couple shards of stone from striking her but her attacks weren't nearly fast nor powerful enough to shoot them all down. She would end up taking several hits to her body, one of which cut her across her side, from the flurry of stones.

Meanwhile Nani hadn't moved since asking her question. Something that Allie took advantage of. She aimed the Stone Edge towards Randy but, when the pieces shattered, they went flying towards the Mimikyu instead and the faux Pikachu ended up being struck by the attack and left in rather critical condition.

"You can't beat me like this. I have all the advantages. Well, I will."

She took a wide stance and sand began to pick itself up again. Marie's rain was soon replaced by yet another sandstorm. With the rocks falling and the sand whipping it would be difficult for anyone to avoid taking damage.

"Now, what are you all going to do?" Allie said. She took another few steps back, and crouched slightly, her body glowing with dark energy. "There's still time to run, you know."

Team Karaoke, Day 37, Deadlands

"And, it doesn't matter why that group attacked me. What matters is that they did and we beat them."

Gwen was used to stubborn kids but she had to admit it wasn't what she expected to deal with when it came to a Legend. They seemed to be aware of more than they let on but they just refused to give anything. If only her father had given her more instructions perhaps she'd know what to do here...

"and what're we going to do? Mission accomplished, right?"

Gwen turned to him quickly. She had almost forgotten he was here at all. The realization caused her to blush in embarrassment. "Oh, that, er....I suppose that's true." She said, not sounding convinced. After all they hadn't really done much of anything to fix the problems right?

But she didn't think standing here like this would magically fix things. "Maybe we should, go, yes..." She then looked to Shaymin. "I don't think that will be the last time they try this. And next time they might do more damage to this grove. Perhaps you'd be safer if you came back with us, to Alpha. It seems that those in Omega are intent on causing you harm for whatever reason." She glanced over at Lok, giving him a look, and hoped he'd be able to help convince Shaymin if her own words alone weren't convincing enough.

Team Showdown, Day 31, Oasis

"Say, why don't you relax with us for a bit? You probably need it just as much as we do, if not more."

Magearna blushed and looked away. "Oh, no, I couldn't. I'd have to remove this dress in front of people, I couldn't handle the shame. Er, not that I think the rest of you are shameless!" she hurried to add.

Isole had stopped moving but was simply floating listlessly in the water as Taiga asked her question.

"Do you feel the same way about me?  About us? It's okay if you don't...maybe it was just a feelin'..."

"I...don't be ridiculous." Isole muttered, not looking in the girl's direction. "You can't possibly care that much. You didn't know me that long...you'll get tired of all this soon anyway."

She seemed to realize that the gloom she was casting was clashing with everyone else and let out a sigh. "Why do you want to get rich, anyway?" She asked Taiga to steer the talk in another direction. Though she seemed to feel awkward about her prying and turned away in the opposite direction. "Not that it matters I guess."

8GrkkS0.png

Ari huffed a breath in impatience as he listened to the others argue. They didn't have time for this! Part of him now regretted waking Tornadus up, but he had thought the legendary would help at the time, not make things worse.

But then things got much, much worse.

Unlike what he had thought, Mia wasn't stuck in the mud at all. Spinning in a large ball that did much to free the mud from her form, the Miltank launched herself back toward the raft, unfurling herself from her attack and flying spread-eagled right...toward...Ari.

"Alright, fine." Mac said, electricity charging around her body. "Let's do this."

Ari didn't have time to say anything cool. He dove for the side, hoping that he would be able to avoid the brunt of the attack that way, spitting some Embers up toward the Miltank soon afterward. They needed to slow her down, but how would they be able to do that? The fire type didn't exactly have any moves that could do that kind of thing.

--

m0FODxE.png

Dora stared at Easter's outstreched hand then looked at the Sylveon curiously. "What am I supposed to do with that?" She asked before bouncing her way up to her feet.

"What...? It's to help you get up--oh never mind," Easter shook his head. He kept forgetting that Dora didn't exactly have hands.

The Wooper looked at Easter's wet hair and giggled. "You got smelly." She said. Then, she did something very strange. Standing up on her tiptoes, she clamped her mouth around a bit of the fairy type's hair, wrinkling her nose soon after. "That's not very yummy salt." With that profound response out of the way Dora started to hop her way towards where she thought the others might be located.

The Sylveon shook his head again and followed the girl, grimacing as saltwater droplets sprayed across the ground. His feelers waved in agitation as he grumbled. "Bleh. When I said I wanted to explore Merm, I didn't mean I wanted to get sopping wet in the process."

Hopefully he would find the others soon. The sooner he was able to rinse the saltwater out of his hair, the better.

--

UmBSVSF.png

Keanu breathed a sigh of relief as Randy Brick Breaked the rock out of the way. "That was too close," he muttered. Glancing to the side, he winced when he noticed that both Marie and Nani looked to have taken damage from the attack. Nani, in particular, looked to be in bad shape. "Oh, no," he moaned. "This is bad. Very bad."

And then Allie summoned a sandstorm. Great. "Now, what are you all going to do?" the Tyranitar said. She took another few steps back, and crouched slightly, her body glowing with dark energy. "There's still time to run, you know."

Gritting his teeth, the Pikachu glanced at Randy before looking back at Allie. "If you think we're gonna run, you don't know us very well, do you? Well, you don't know Randy, anyway." He shook his head. "I've already given up on avoiding scraps with him around. And..." his eyes narrowed as he shot out an Electro Ball. "It's not the Alolan way to let ohana fight alone."

--

ZzcS3Rf.png

"Well, Skymin, what're your plans now that you're out and about?"

Shaymin shook his head. "I'm gonna have fun, of course!" he grinned. "I'll probably still stay in the grove, and if anybody worthy wants to fight me, then of course they can!" he puffed up his chest.

The others looked like they would be heading back, talking amongst themselves before Hatwoman turned back to the legendary. "I don't think that will be the last time they try this. And next time they might do more damage to this grove. Perhaps you'd be safer if you came back with us, to Alpha. It seems that those in Omega are intent on causing you harm for whatever reason."

"Hah! I know your plan," the flying type said, wagging a finger at her. "You just want me to come back with you so that you can talk more about them. Well, lemme tell you: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Nah, I'll just stay here. If anybody wants to harm my grove, then they're gonna have to go through me."

Edited by Sethera

hqWiIfT.png
Inventory: Good Rod, Antidote, Kasib Berry

"Because we have no choice." That was Allie's reasoning for her - or rather, everyone's - incessant violence. Nani was dumbfounded. Incredibly dumbfounded. So flabbergasted at this blatant barbarism that Nani could barely even think of how to make a proper response to something like that, let alone keep track of the fight happening around her. And so it was that in her astounded state, Nani didn't have time to process the sharp fragments of rock ricocheting from Allie's attack against Randy, and was met with a shower of rocks right in the face. Her vision was blurred. Her hearing felt dulled for a moment. Her head was ringing with pain. As the sandstorm whipped back up though, more important than what she could see or hear, was what she could feel.

The sand and rocks pelting her face. Not the hood she kept up over it. Against the face itself. Nani scrambled to reach for her hood, only to realize the problem. The rocks from Allie's attack had torn it to useless ribbons, revealing to those who were bold enough to look just what was beneath the whole time. The senseless nonstop violence was one thing. Harming her friends was another. But this was crossing a line that ran deep for Nani. Everything, all at once, came to the surface, erupting in a shriek of rage that could be interpreted as either a warning or a signal that she herself was in danger.

"Now, what are you all going to do? There's still time to run, you know."

"This is what YOU wanted, remember!?" Nani darted in the direction of Allie's voice, relentless and eyes full of the intent to not just stop at "winning" anymore. Charging up her own attack, the Mimikyu continued "Fighting's all you people know, so let's fight! And fight and fight and fight! Until all that's left is the winning team and a splattered red stain on the floor! That's the Adarid way, right!?" Time to go! Nani lunged forward the moment Allie was in sight, opening her mouth and revealing not only teeth, but that familiar pink glow from inside. For such a small eater, she had an impressively large mouth. And when she was close enough, practically on top of the Tyranitar, her jaws clamped shut, trying to aim as close to the neck as possible.

"Huh?" Tornadus said, sending the ones that dared to question his greatness a sour glare. "Of course I can, who the hell do you think I am?" He glowered in the direction that Mia had been sent. "I have plenty of amazing moves. I got one saved up that can take her down in one go. I just don't like using it much."

"What, really? Are you scared of your own move or something?" Mac said. Kazo shook his head. There was probably some sort of horrible downside or something to it, like his power greatly dropped or he died or something.

"Hell no!" Tornadus replied. "I'm not afraid. Just don't like how tired it makes me feel after. Such a buzzkill. So if you want to see it in action you're gonna have to keep that crazy broad in place for a moment so I don't waste this shot."

"Can't you just do it now when she's stuck in the mud?"

"Cause she's not stuck." Tornadus said, pointing forward and in the air. And across the way Mia burst out of the mud, spinning in a ball, having launched herself out of the mud and back towards the raft. She unfurled from the Rollout and went for a Body Slam towards the closest person from her position, the little lion Ari. Kazo's first instinct was to move the young cub out of the way, but it seemed Ari had developed reflexes and moved out of the way. Kazo was such a proud big brother at the moment.

Ari went to fire Embers at the Miltank when she landed, so Kazo prepared his own attack. When the Godslayer landed, he dived and went straight for an Iron Head into her skull. He figure that would work. It had to.

"Hey, no fair."

"All's fair in love and war, and this sure as hell ain't love," Denku quipped back as he slid back to his feet, watching Brooke smash her body into the Wailord, forcing the giant into the ground.

“Take the girl and go Denku! Find Easter, I’ll catch up!”  Brooke called out. Denku nodded.

"Don't stick around too long!" He shouted back as he ran down the hallway, praying to run into Easter. He looked down at the bundle he was holding and finally unwrapped Phione, hastily throwing his cape back on and tying it with one hand as he held the Legendary with the other. "Sorry for all that excitement," He said to the young child. "How are you holding up?"

DcxYSU0.png?1

Despite her best efforts, Marie was not at all able to avoid the attacks that were coming at her. Gritting her teeth as the stones pelted into her, Marie let out a yelp of pain as she was knocked down to the floor. Lying down there, tears began to form in her eyes as she felt a stinging sensation across her abdomen. This was different from other pain she had felt so far. It wasn't just the stinging that lingered and gradually faded, no. This seemed to continue to persist, throb, and came with it a burning sensation as it pressed against the ground. Marie couldn't really make sense of what was going on at the moment, however, she started to feel the familiar sensation of sand whipping around her, pelting into her. 

She didn't want to keep fighting Allie. She didn't want to keep getting hurt over and over again. She didn't want to be in this sandstorm. The sand was bothersome, annoying and she hated the feeling of sand constantly getting in her face. The pain was terrible, and her body was sending off every warning signal it could that told her she was in a bad state, and that keeping this up would only make things worse. And fighting Allie was nothing short of terrifying. The godslayer who seemed to be singlemindedly obsessed with fighting and killing others for reasons that Marie couldn't even begin to fathom. Deep down, she knew that she wanted to run away, get as far away as possible and never have to think of this monstrous person again. Yet, she couldn't as there was something even scarier to her. 

The thought that she would run, leaving her friends to keep fighting and die was unacceptable to her. The thought that she would just let Heatran or Moltres, or whatever legend this bully would find be killed by her was similarly unacceptable. And she certainly couldn't just let a bully get away with doing whatever they wanted to do. Coughing a bit, a warm and iron tasting sensation leaving her mouth as she did, the girl let out a small singsong tone from her mouth, replacing the sand with rain once more as she collapsed back onto the ground. Still conscious the girl tried to make sense of everything else that was going on, somewhat deaf to the rest of the battle at the moment, as she lied face down on the ground. .

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine figured that going back and bringing Skymin with them was the plan to go with. Though, he couldn't help but feel uneasy about the prospect, he wasn't sure that leaving them out in the grove was the best idea either. Looking at the legend, he said, "well, how about we just rest up in your grove for now and you can think about it? After all, I have no doubt that you, Skymin, would be able to beat any evil doer that would step foot on your grove. But, what if you end up switching back to the," Nine paused for a moment, trying to think of what adjective to use to describe their other form and "lamer" certainly wasn't the one he would go with. Settling on just a simple one, he said, "the other Shaymin. She doesn't really seem like she'd want to fight, or can really. So it doesn't really seem fair to her to leave that to her." Though Nine had said that, he hadn't the faintest idea how their switching worked. Though, he was certainly hopeful, for a number of reasons, that they would switch back. 

Deadlands Team Karaoke

Lok frowned as Skymin seemed intent on not going with them. As Nine tried his best to convince Skymin, however, Lok got an idea. He walked up to Skymin, nudging him in the arm. "Don't you want to see how everything else is doing?" He said, a mischievous look in his eye. "Think of all the potential adventure we could have - maybe face up against some even deadlier bandits!" The boy pointed his thumb towards where he imagined Omega was. "After seeing how you cleaned them up so easily, I'm sure they'll try and hunt us down with even stronger minions." As he spoke the realization that what he said might actually occur was dawning on him, and he got a bit nervous. Still, he did his best to try and hide it. "Doesn't that sound exciting?"

Oasis Team Showdown

Scarlet simple giggled as Magearna got flustered. "Well, suit yourself." She simple said, sinking lower into the water. "The offer's still open if you change your mind." She turned her attention to Taiga and Isole, who were talking a lot more than they usually did. This made her smile, it was good to see them get along. She didn't have much to add to anything really, instead opting to relax here as much as possible. From what Magearna had said, they probably wouldn't have time to relax like this until this was all said and done. Scarlet felt her worries fade as she closed her eyes.

Edited by REP

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Doesn't seem like that to me. Just look around you. Your little friends aren't doing so hot are they? You can't beat me like this. I have all the advantages. Well, I will. Now, what are you all going to do? There's still time to run, you know."

"If you think we're gonna run, you don't know us very well, do you? Well, you don't know Randy, anyway. I've already given up on avoiding scraps with him around. And...It's not the Alolan way to let ohana fight alone."

This caused Randy to smirk, only giving Keanu a thumbs up. "Mahalo, Keanu." he simply said, before watching Nani...or what sounded like Nani go into some sort of frenzy. He couldn't get a clear look at the figure, after all, the sandstorm had kicked back up again and it didn't exactly look like a Mimikyu, so maybe the sand was obstructing his vision or something.

However, when he looked around for the moment, he saw something he really didn't want to see. On the ground was Marie. His eyes widened as he moved as quick as he could towards the Brionne. He, of course, was getting struck by the effects of the sandstorm, but right now...he didn't care. His fists were clenching and his teeth began to grind. He finally made it towards Marie and crouched down, immediately noticing she was conscious. Right now, her being face down definitely kept her from being exposed to the sandstorm. With a low growl, he removed his bag and put it beside her, immediately pulling out a lemonade to put near Marie. After that, he removed his vest and put it over top of the Brionne. "That should help keep some of the sand out of the way..." he said, before standing back up. "...just stay put Marie...I'll kick her tail myself for you."

BGM

Randy turned on his heel and growled fiercely, beginning to walk back towards the direction Allie was in. His fists clenching tightly and his fangs definitely showing at this point. The sandstorm was definitely trying it's best to stop him at this point..but right now? Right now the Incineroar was determined to stop Allie right now. With a roar, he did his best to rush towards the Tyranitar, who was obviously fighting something...but right now, he needed to strike while she was distracted.

His arms began to glow white once again as he prepared another Brick Break. With another roar, Randy jumped towards Allie. "Primape...Assault!" he shouted, preparing to strike at her again with his Brick Break.

Team Mac, Day 23, Ogren

Mia was struck by the Embers as she fell. The speed with which she was moving seemed to cause the flames to merely glance off of her body. She was falling, falling, off course for hitting Ari but when she struck the raft it would still cause an impressive impact.

Before she hit the ground, though, Kazo charged in and struck her with an Iron Head. Which threw her farther off course and, as she repelled off of the Gabite, and in the process sending a shockwave of pain through Kazo, she fell backwards onto her back. All the energy of the slam being transferred into Kazo's body.

Grumbling angrily the Miltank got to her feet. "Is that the best you've got? You won't be able to do anything with attacks like that."

Suddenly she jumped backwards as Mac came in trying to hit her with a punch. "You missed."

Mac let out a battle cry and swung her fist again, sending out a powerful shockwave at the Miltank.

Once again Mia seemed to avoid it rather easily by jumping this time to the side. Only this time as she did Mac launched herself forward and grabbed the Miltank by the legs.

With a snarl Mia swung a fist down and began hitting Mac on top of her head. The Helioptile refused to let go despite repeated hits. "What do you hope to accomplish with that?" Mia spat out.

"It's not her you have to worry about!" Tornadus said. He flew in from the side and, as they watched, his muscles increased suddenly in mass. He threw a massive punch into Mia's gut and lifted her up in the air. Then, with his other arm, he swung with all his might into the side of Mia's head.

The Miltank went flying towards the edge of the raft and landed with a crash, bouncing several times before stopping at the very edge. Unmoving.

Looking back at Tornadus they could see that his muscles had shrunk, smaller than they were even before, and he was slouching. "Yeah, I know, don't look nearly as cool like this."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, Merm Palace

"How are you holding up?"

Phione wasn't looking at Denku. She wasn't looking at anything, really. Her eyes were unfocused and her head was rolling around. "Sooo dizzy." She said. "Why's the room moving so much?" Then her face turned slightly green. "I might do an oops." She muttered.

---

"Bleh. When I said I wanted to explore Merm, I didn't mean I wanted to get sopping wet in the process."

"Silly Easter, there's water all around! Life's more fun that way! It's better when you're wetter!"

Thankfully for the two there didn't seem to be any soldiers in the near vicinity. Though as Easter got closer to where the dungeon entrance was she could overhear something that sounded like combat. Before they could see where it was coming from, however, the two would run into Denku.

"Oooh, hi again Mr Funny Name!" Dora said. "Who's that?"

---

While the Water Spout was weaker it seemed that Brooke hadn't expected the Wailord to launch the attack so soon after being struck down. So she was hit full on by the blast of water.

Emboldened by the success the Wailord stumbled to his feet and waddled his way over towards the woman. "Buuuh, take this!" He shouted and moved to slam his massive arms down on the woman.

Team Alola, Day 27, Trailsau 

"It's not the Alolan way to let ohana fight alone."

"Tch, guess you aren't as cowardly as that weirdo made you seem." Allie muttered as the dark aura faded and the electric attack struck her. The sand had seemed to create some sort of buffer against the attack but she still shuddered as the electricity washed over her body, unwillingly wincing from the attack.

"Fighting's all you people know, so let's fight! And fight and fight and fight! Until all that's left is the winning team and a splattered red stain on the floor! That's the Adarid way, right!?"

"But you are as dumb as I thought!" Allie roared as Nani bit down on her. She reached up and, hands glowing dark, grabbed Nani by the arm and, tearing the girl off, leaving a wound on her neck, slammed the girl into the ground. "The problem is no one was willing to fight to the finish before us!"

"Primape...Assault!"

"And then there's you!" She shouted while Randy came charging in. Letting go of Nani the Tyranitar stood up. Forming a Stone Edge in her hand she waited until Randy was near before swinging, catching the Incineroar in the side with the large rock formation.

Breathing heavily her eyes flicked between the three Gijinka. Blood trickling from her neck. And the last ditch rain from Marie matting her hair down. "You all should be joining me not fighting me." She said. "Even if you could stop us all what then? We're all back to where we started."

Team Karaoke, Day 37, Deadlands

"You just want me to come back with you so that you can talk more about them. Well, lemme tell you: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Nah, I'll just stay here. If anybody wants to harm my grove, then they're gonna have to go through me."

Well, he wasn't wrong. Gwen was starting to realize that, despite the childish attitude, this was still a Legend. And a Legend who was still rather shrewd.

She could only hope that what Nine and Lok said would have a better effect on the boy. She wasn't entirely sure what she could say from there.

"Um. What are we going...to do about them?" Kayla's soft voice sounded suddenly from right next to them.

Gwen glanced around in confusion for a moment before remembering all the unconscious Gijinka around them. "Oh, yes, that could be a problem." She said. They were so used to leaving after fights that she had forgotten they don't just disappear.

Team Showdown, Day 31, Oasis

Spoiler

So to be sure that it's seen...I can't do anything with just Rep's post. Next week I'll move us along to the next part. So if you want to finish up any discussion do so this week. Collab it out.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Sky Tower

"I...don't be ridiculous." Isole muttered, not looking in the girl's direction.  It kinda stung, but Taiga thought that would be her answer. "You can't possibly care that much. You didn't know me that long...you'll get tired of all this soon anyway."

"Doesn't matter how long you've known a person!  What matters is what ya've been through together!"  Taiga grinned, lifting up her meat into the air.  She lowered it to take another bite before responding to the other part.  "I'm a Sharpedo, you know?  We don't tire out easily!  We gotta keep movin', or we go bonkers!  Fufu!"  Her feet waddled close to the surface, kicking up some water towards Isole.  "I'll never get tired of this!"  

"Why do you want to get rich, anyway?  Not that it matters I guess."

Taiga crossed her arms, as she pondered the question.  What did she want to do with all that money again.  She thought long and hard about it.

"Well...at first, money was a means of survival.  Money bought me food, food filled my tummy, and I wouldn't tie with a full stomach.  Growing up alone...it was rough...and money was hard to come by as a little Carvanha...but I got by.  Either with people's generosity, and stealin'..."  She looked up into the steamy lights.  "That's how Taiga the Terrible was born.  Stealing all the time got me into fights...fights got me stronger.  If I was stronger, I could steal more."  She laughed.  "If I was the strongest, I could steal all the treasure from Kyogre, and never go hungry again."  She looked back to the water.  "But ever since I started chasing...with you and chrome dome...it made me happy.  It wasn't the money any more."  She smiled.  "So maybe, I can give all the money to Gijinka who were like me!?  Scared and afraid in the world, not knowing where their next meal came from!  If I can make a place where they feel strong and full, I think that'd make me happy!"  

She rubbed her hands together.

"And then, I'll have an army of terrible tyrants at my beck and call!  That way, we can get even more money!  Fufufufu!!!"  She settled down after laughing a bit.  "It's just an idea that popped in my head some time ago..."  She rubbed the back of her head.  "And if you'd ever wanna help me run a place like that...I could definitely use some help...Maybe your sisters and Captain too!"  

8GrkkS0.png

Ari breathed a sigh of relief when Mia still didn't move even after several seconds passed. "Is it...over?" he asked, before plopping down on the ground. "Ugh, that was exhausting."

Looking back at Tornadus the Litleo could see that his muscles had shrunk, smaller than they were even before, and he was slouching. "Yeah, I know, don't look nearly as cool like this."

"I think you look fine," the lion said magnanimously. "Even if you don't look as cool now, that move just now knocked Mia out, so doesn't that balance things out in terms of coolness?" Stretching, the Litleo glanced down at himself. Unlike Tornadus, he felt...well, exhausted, but also a little stronger. Strong enough that he could maybe handle hitting his enemies even harder than before.

--

m0FODxE.png

Thankfully the two didn't run into any more soldiers. Well, thankfully for said nonexistent soldiers anyway. Also for his hair. Easter didn't need any more saltwater getting into it, though how he didn't think it could get any saltier than what it was now, unless someone were to dump a vat of salt over his head.

Soon enough, the two ran into Denku, and...a girl?

"Oooh, hi again Mr Funny Name!" Dora said. "Who's that?"

"Hi...Denku," Easter spluttered slightly when he remembered his initial reaction to Denku's name. Fighting to regain control of his expression, the Sylveon wiped a stray tear from the corner of his eye. "And yes...who is that? Wait, that couldn't be?" Was that the person they came here for?

--

UmBSVSF.png

"Tch, guess you aren't as cowardly as that weirdo made you seem." Allie muttered as the dark aura faded and the electric attack struck her.

"Huh? What weirdo?"

But before Keanu could question her more, he heard a noise and glanced to the side. Where Nani stood, hood shredded. Revealing to him what lay beneath.

Fighting back a scream, the Pikachu staggered backward a few steps, eyes riveted on the sight of--

What?

What was that?

That was a face?

He shook his head. "No, I probably saw wrong," he thought, then nodded. "I definitely did." Thankfully, the storm had kicked up between them, and what he had thought he saw, was now obscured by the whirling sand. Deciding to set aside the corner of his mind that was currently gibbering in terror, the Pikachu turned with heavy steps toward Allie.

And then Marie let out a yelp.

Glancing over to the Brionne--did she see it too--he saw that the girl seemed to be in much more pain than the rest, though she lifted her head just enough to summon the rain once more. Noting that Randy seemed to have things well in hand, Keanu sent out another Electro Ball, hoping that it would do some good against this crazy tita, firmly avoiding Nani at the same time.

--

ZzcS3Rf.png

"See? You're not saying anything. You know I'm right!" Shaymin cackled in triumph.

Then Solarfire said something to bring down the mood, "well, how about we just rest up in your grove for now and you can think about it? After all, I have no doubt that you, Skymin, would be able to beat any evil doer that would step foot on your grove. But, what if you end up switching back to the," he paused, "the other Shaymin. She doesn't really seem like she'd want to fight, or can really. So it doesn't really seem fair to her to leave that to her."

Shaymin drooped slightly. "Ahhh...yeah, Other Me is kind of lame like that," he sighed.

Plasma Rider then walked up to the legendary, nudging him in the arm. "Don't you want to see how everything else is doing?" He said, a mischievous look in his eye. "Think of all the potential adventure we could have - maybe face up against some even deadlier bandits!" The boy pointed his thumb towards a random direction. "After seeing how you cleaned them up so easily, I'm sure they'll try and hunt us down with even stronger minions." He looked a little nervous. "Doesn't that sound exciting?"

"What you say makes sense, Plasma Rider!" the flying type regained some spirit. "You know, it has been some time sense I've left my grove, and even longer that I've been asleep. I think," he nodded sagely, "Yes, I think I shall go with you! I bet we'll get tons of strong minions coming after us! And if you're Chasers, then that means I'll get to meet some of my friends too maybe, and maybe challenge them too!" he didn't seem to find anything weird with the concept of a legendary challenging another legendary, instead starting to tremble with excitement. "But!" he pointed straight at Gwen. "I'll be watching you, Hatwoman! So no funny business, okay?"

The Mismagius seemed a little distracted, however, glancing around in confusion at the unconscious gijinka. "Oh, yes, that could be a problem."

"Never fear, the Sky Warrior is here! I'll have them gone in a jiffy!" Puffing his chest out, Shaymin then proceeded to pick up each gijinka and, in a burst of speed and strength, race to the edge of the meadow and dump them in a pile there. Dusting his hands, the legendary turned and beamed at them winningly. "See? Nothing to it. Surprised you didn't do that earlier." His eyes widened. "Oh yeah, you're all injured, aren't you? I forgot about that. Going back to your place will be a bit tough at this rate, won't it?"

The legendary snapped his fingers. "Wait just one minute! I have those, don't I?" The young man turned to where a bush was growing nearby, flowers in full bloom. Waving a hand in front of the flowers, the blossoms glowed slightly as the white petals began to furl back up. Soon, small round fruits appeared from within the closed petals, growing larger and larger, until finally bursting free of the now-crumpled petals, revealing pale green berries. As seconds passed, the green became yellow, and the fruits became recognizable as Sitrus berries.

Shaymin started to glow himself shortly afterward, waving at the group. "Buh-bye! I'll see you next time I'm needed. Take care of Other Me! She's not nearly as cool, so she might need a push here and there, but she's still me." When the glow faded, the form of the young man had disappeared, replaced by the young woman from before. Her eyes rolled back into her head as she fell to the ground in a dead faint.

Edited by Sethera

hqWiIfT.png

"But you are as dumb as I thought! The problem is no one was willing to fight to the finish before us!"

Stupid. Wholly and entirely. There was no finish. As Nani's back slammed into the ground in front of Allie, she moved her arms up to cover her face on reflex. Good thing too. She could feel that sandstorm once again getting replaced with rain, courtesy of Marie. Although, at this very moment, with her appearance at stake and all, Nani almost would have preferred the sandstorm. Almost.

"You all should be joining me not fighting me. Even if you could stop us all what then? We're all back to where we started."

"We could say the same to you," Nani rebutted, rolling over onto her front then slowly getting back up to her feet. She kept her head hung low as she stood back up, that way - even if it had been torn to ribbons - her hood could at least do its job of keeping her face covered. "If you lose, you're back to where you began. If you win, you build a new world and then what? You'll end up back where you started all the same someday, because you fought your way into it. It's called the cycle of violence for a reason. For all we know, today's Legends were the same as your kind in an old world." That idea was a weird one, but it did get her wondering. Could it have been that the guardians of Alola were once like these Godslayers, then decided to renounce their ways after realizing what would happen? Then created a place to live in peace for that reason?

...well, all the same, trouble found its way to Alola too. Otherwise Nani wouldn't be here, butting heads with a Tyranitar in the company of others she'd never seen before leaving home.

"And what about all the other people in this world? It sounds a lot like you're on some 'destroy the world and build a new one' idea, so does everyone else have to die? And it may be because I haven't been in this region very long, but just what are the Legends you've already got doing so wrong that you have to start killing them all?" Attacking Allie directly with her own face at this angle wouldn't be a very solid course of action. And so, instead of charging in again like Randy did, Nani stepped back a bit, firing off another thunder wave as a follow-up to Keanu's attack.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"But you are as dumb as I thought! The problem is no one was willing to fight to the finish before us! And then there's you! You all should be joining me not fighting me. Even if you could stop us all what then? We're all back to where we started."

Randy was knocked back by another Stone Edge, which the Incineroar barely had time to parry (if any) as he was hit in the side. He was launched away, as he tried his best to skid to a halt, his boots and nails digging into the dirt at this point. With a growl, he looked at Allie, slowly doing his best to get back up. Between that Stone Edge and the ongoing Sandstorm, it wasn't making things easier.

"We could say the same to you. If you lose, you're back to where you began. If you win, you build a new world and then what? You'll end up back where you started all the same someday, because you fought your way into it. It's called the cycle of violence for a reason. For all we know, today's Legends were the same as your kind in an old world. And what about all the other people in this world? It sounds a lot like you're on some "destroy the world and build a new one" idea, so does everyone else have to die? And it may be because I haven't been in this region very long, but just what are the Legends you've already got doing so wrong that you have to start killing them all?"

Yeah...that tears it...that is definitely Nani... Randy thought, nodding as he began to breathe sharply. Seemed like she was definitely trying her best to get a hold of the situation as well. On the other hand, Keanu was firing off an Electro Ball, definitely attempting to keep up the assault. Then again, Nani had a point. What were these Legends doing to the gijinka here that had her wanting to form some sort of vendetta against them?

Honestly, I don't think we've had a problem once with any of them... he thought, before shrugging. "She has a point there, Allie. Could take the time to explain the why to all this...cause the alternative...is kicking your tail." he shouted to the Tyranitar, preparing a Fire Blast, just in the case the moment required it.

It was almost funny. If the metric of measurement was raw power, Brooke was stronger than ever before, but she was no longer the battle-hardened scrapper of her youth. A hoodlum who never knew where she was going to get her next meal never let her guard down; a merchant who had spent the last decade with a cozy home and sustainable income…

Brooke was thrown by the Water Spout. She clumsily managed to right herself in the air and land feet first, the heels of her shoes digging into the stone and grinding away as they attempted to find purchase to slow her momentum. She finally dug her feet in enough to stop sliding after nearly ten feet. “These sneakers are shot now,” she grumbled to herself, wiping a dripping orange bang out of her face. She hated the sensation of being drenched--something she had become very accustomed to in the last month of travel. 

At least Denku had slipped past. Now she needed to end this quickly. 

The Wailord had managed to flubber his way back to his feet and waddle in her direction. With a battlecry of, "Buuuh, take this!" he attempted to turn her into a pancake with his arms. 

Brooke felt bad for the guy. He was obviously slow, and really, he was just doing his job. In another life she would have commended him. But in this life, he was in her way, so the most she could do was take him out as swiftly as possible and hope that the King didn’t punish him. 

Brooke raised both her arms in a position to catch his. A familiar red aura surrounded her comparatively tiny form as she did. “Sorry about this!” she shouted as his arms met her hands. The ground beneath her nearly exploded from the weight of the giant; the stone fractured and Brooke sunk a few inches into the crater the impact created, but she stood strong. Even when the pain wracked through her body she didn’t flinch. Then, she closed her hands around the Wailord’s arms and got a firm grip, and with all the strength in that was in her fully evolved, Fighting-type, aura enhanced body, she pivoted and attempted to throw the Gijinka behind her and into the lift door. 

Ramming a large moving object with only your harden head was a lot more painful than the average person would think, and he was sure most people wouldn't think it was a pleasant sensation. The force of the attack caused him to fly back and smack into the ground, groaning to himself. He heard the sounds of combats going on, so he sat up to do his best to see what was going on. Ari and Mac did their best to hold off the Godslayer, and then Tornadus attacked with a savage attack, one massive punch to the gut, and another to their enemy's head.

Something suddenly clicked with Kazo. The way Tornadus's fist sliced through the air, the speed and the angles... could he do something similar with his hands? He looked down at them, holding them out for a chop and swinging them through the air experimentally. Something felt different about this, it was more than a karate chop... his hands were slicing through the air, almost like they were swords. There was no element behind them, but they still felt sharp and dangerous.

Yeah, I know, don't look nearly as cool like this." Tornadus's embarrassment drew Kazo out of his experimentation. 

"I think you look fine," Ari said magnanimously. "Even if you don't look as cool now, that move just now knocked Mia out, so doesn't that balance things out in terms of coolness?"

"I mean, it's not like you're a twig, and anyone standing in victory is infinitely cooler looking than the one who's face is in the dirt," Kazo added.

"Sooo dizzy." Phione said. "Why's the room moving so much?" Then her face turned slightly green. "I might do an oops." She muttered. Oh yeah, that was a lot of motion for someone who was used to staying in a pool in a small room. Oops. It had been awhile since he had to care for a vomiting kid, but he never forgot the basic rule: minimize the chances of being vomited on.

"Sorry about that," He said, putting her on the ground, making sure to stay behind the kid and rub her back. "If you gotta hurl, go for it," He commented.

"Oooh, hi again Mr Funny Name!" Denku looked up as Dora called out to them. "Who's that?"

"Hi...Denku," Easter spluttered slightly, causing Denku to raise an eyebrow. "And yes...who is that? Wait, that couldn't be?"

"This is Phione, the one Mewtwo and Mew wanted us to find," Denku confirmed. "Honestly can't believe we found her so fast either. Anyways, now that we found you two, we should backtrack and get Brooke, and get the hell outta here,"

DcxYSU0.png?1

As Marie continued to keep her face in the ground, more so because she could barely keep herself conscious then anything else, she heard a familiar voice speak out to her. Weakly looking up, the girl saw a can of something in front of her, and suddenly feeling quite parched, had opted to grab at it. Slowly pulling the tab open on the can, the girl began drink down what she could only assume was lemonade, starting slowly but drinking faster the more she did. Feeling revitalized from the drink, the girl's eyes opened up more as she was more able to see the scenery around her. Looking at the ground, the girl felt a small sickness go through her stomach, which was made only more unpleasant having just drank something, seeing a small red stain on the ground. 

Looking up more, the girl got even more startled as she saw...something...that wasn't there before, and was not at all sure what to make of them. Hearing them shout back to Allie, Marie recognized the voice as being Nani's but they certainly didn't look like the Mimikyu that she had known. As Allie had seemed to be shouting at them that they should be joining them in their quest to kill the legends, Nani had then ranted towards them which also lit a fire in Marie as well. With her expression still be greatly annoyed at the Tyranitar. "More...more than anything, though," the girl huffed as she was still trying to catch her breath from all the injury she had just sustained. "More than anything," pointing an accusatory finger at the Tyranitar she shouted, "what kind of a big sister are you!?" 

Glaring at the god slayer she continued shouting, "a big sister is supposed to be cool, responsible, and a good role model for their siblings! And you're none of those things!" Gritting her teeth she continued, "you left your siblings on their own! And the only example they had to follow and to keep you around almost got them killed! So why should I ever join a big bully's gang to do whatever world things you want when I don't even trust you as a big sister!" 

EOlaaCE.png?1

As it turned out, both Nine and Lok had done a good enough job of convincing Skymin to come with them. Letting out a sigh of relief as the legend had gave their greetings he then had a brief flash of worry as he had changed back into the female Shaymin, who promptly passed out. Assuming that it must have been some sort of fatigue related thing, Nine still said, "ma'am, are you feeling alright?" Regardless of how she answered, the Houndoom would either help her to her feet or, if she remained passed out, hoist her onto his back to carry her. With that done, he looked to Gwen saying, "well, that about solves that. Shall we return?"

Team Mac, Ogren

Tornadus seemed to swell with pride from the assurances given by Ari and Kazo. "Well, I suppose you're right." He said, cracking his knuckles and grinning like an idiot. "Really laid it into her didn't I. Told ya that us Legends are tougher than you think. Those Godslayer punks won't know what hit em if we all get together." He seemed to consider something and then, "You weren't half bad either. Maybe a few years and you'll be able to give me a good fight!"

"This is all...well and good." Elsa said, making her way over. Her expression was one of exhaustion and she was moving slower. "But I still have to pay her back for ruining this big day." She looked over to where Mia lay only to find that the woman had vanished. "Ah, shit." She muttered. With a groan she rubbed her eyes then shook her head, some loose hair falling in front of her face. "It seems that she had something left in her after all. She better hope I don't catch her. I'm going to go check on my wife." She said the last bit with clear pride in her voice.

The Glaceon glanced over at the group. "You did a good job, really. Try and stay out of trouble." And with that she left the group, and Tornadus, to their own devices.

Mac was frowning in the direction of where Mia had been. "That's so unfair. We got her and she got away anyway. Doesn't that make you mad?" She said to Kazo and Ari.

Team Neo Not Dark, Merm Palace

"And yes...who is that? Wait, that couldn't be?"

Dora gasped as if she understood what Easter was hinting at. But the words that came out of her mouth showed the truth. "Is she your brother?" She asked in complete earnest.

"This is Phione, the one Mewtwo and Mew wanted us to find. Honestly can't believe we found her so fast either. Anyways, now that we found you two, we should backtrack and get Brooke, and get the hell outta here,"

"Sooo....not your brother then?" Dora asked, still not understanding.

Phione, meanwhile, seemed to have settled a bit more. Though they were having trouble standing upright on the ground. "Hello! My name is Phione. Do you know my mom?" The girl asked excitedly.

As the group made their way back towards where Denku had come from, Phione complaining about having to go back and forth so much, they could overhear distant shouts. Sounding like a large group of confused people trying to figure out what was going on. It seemed that it wouldn't be long before more soldiers found them.

At the same time Brooke's attack had managed to throw off, literally, the large but surprisingly light for his size Wailord. They went sailing through the air and towards the lift. Though instead of landing on it they got stuck partway, their lower half flailing about in Brooke's direction. Too far to cause any harm. They started to launch Water Spouts at the wall and, given enough time, they'd be able to push themselves free.

However the rest of the group were getting near.

Team Alola, Trailsau 

"She has a point there, Allie. Could take the time to explain the why to all this...cause the alternative...is kicking your tail."

Even with the electricity coursing through her Allie was still able to glare at Randy. "Like you could. Stop trying to act stronger than you are. After all this I'm still standing!" She glared then at Nani. "And then you. Dunno what it's like in paradise happy fun land but here everything's gone to shit ever since the Legends decided they didn't want to take responsibility for the mess they've made. They made the world how it is so instead of just letting them play with it how they'll like we're going to make it right! And then we can bring everyone else back into a better world!"

"you left your siblings on their own! And the only example they had to follow and to keep you around almost got them killed! So why should I ever join a big bully's gang to do whatever world things you want when I don't even trust you as a big sister!" 

"Don't you dare bring them into this! I promised them I'd give them a world they wouldn't HAVE to fight! And that's what I'm going to do no matter what you feel about it!" She then tore into the ground with a guttural snarl. Tearing up chunks of land which packed together into dozens of stone shards before launching them towards the group.

Team Karaoke, Deadlands

And suddenly Shaymin collapsed. Gwen didn't know what she had expected but it was certainly odd to see how fast that transformation happened. Though it seemed to come at the cost of much energy. She nodded at Nine as he suggested they go.

Kayla, meanwhile, was still marveling at how fast the Legend had been. "Maybe they need us less than we thought." She said in a voice barely above a whisper.

"Well, she certainly needs us right now." Gwen said, gesturing at the unconscious legend. She gave Nine a sidelong glance. "Don't you try anything funny okay?" She said, with a slightly annoyed expression.

Turning around she let out a sigh. "Well, I suppose we should make our way back."

---

It took some time but when they returned they found that the town was much emptier looking than when they first arrived. Even as they went through it no one came out of their homes to greet them.

Once they reached Gwen's house her father, and the Enforcer, were already standing outside of it. "So that's the one." The Enforcer said, not looking impressed.

"What's going on? Why does it feel like everyone's so afraid?"

Gwen's father let out a deep breath. "People from Omega attacked while you were gone. Likely hoping to keep us from helping the Legend. It got folks frightened. Gwendoline, the time is running out. We need to do it now. We need to get Shaymin to release the barrier and defeat them once and for all."

Team Showdown, Sky Palace

Isole didn't look directly at Taiga while the Sharpedo was giving her speech. "I guess that might be nice if it was possible." She muttered. "But I don't think Captain would do it. He doesn't like being tied down to someone...it's why he ran off with Rayquaza's ship in the first place." She paused. "Forget I said that."

---

The day passed into night and then back into day again. Though it was a bit harder to tell up in the sky as they were. Rayquaza looked even more haggard than before but he also seemed more determined. "This will be the most important of the tasks I've given you. I have no way of knowing how you'll be received or what difficulties you will face."

He made a simple gesture and a swirling twister appeared in the middle of the room. "Enter and I will send you on your way. You are to go to Skuldafn, the land of dragons, and my birthplace. There you will speak with the elder and enter the Temple located in the mountain at the end of the city. Not even I have stepped foot inside of that temple but you must enter it, face whatever dangers you may find, and awaken the Legends slumbering within."

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Like you could. Stop trying to act stronger than you are. After all this I'm still standing!"

Randy glared at Allie for a moment, growling slightly. Tch...if I was able to use Malicious Moonsault again, you'd probably be a bit more ragged about this...you were the last time. he thought, mentally cursing himself for using it against Heatran. But he knew he'd never be able to rely on his Z-Move all the time...especially on another Dark-Type.

"And then you. Dunno what it's like in paradise happy fun land but here everything's gone to shit ever since the Legends decided they didn't want to take responsibility for the mess they've made. They made the world how it is so instead of just letting them play with it how they'll like we're going to make it right! And then we can bring everyone else back into a better world!"

That was her reason? The Incineroar looked at the Tyranitar and was about to speak, but then heard Marie speak up...which surprised him.

"you left your siblings on their own! And the only example they had to follow and to keep you around almost got them killed! So why should I ever join a big bully's gang to do whatever world things you want when I don't even trust you as a big sister!" 

"Don't you dare bring them into this! I promised them I'd give them a world they wouldn't HAVE to fight! And that's what I'm going to do no matter what you feel about it!"

Randy watched the Tyranitar now launching chunks of stones at the group now. He quickly launched off the Fire Blast he was preparing, and had it do it's best to combat the stone chunk assault. "That's the reason? WAKE THE HELL UP, ALLIE!!" he shouted loudly. "It sounds like you want a bit of a paradise happy fun land...because the truth of the matter is, things happen! I honestly have no idea what goes through the heads of the Legends, but from the sounds of it...you want to end all life and then end up playing Arceus himself! That type of power...I'll be honest, it don't belong to much of any of us! And...this "better world", ya want...it's probably what YOU want, but the rest of us may not want it!"

He growled a bit more, really fumed at this point. "I dunno who or what spoke and sprouted this nonsense in you that head of yours, but you need to wake up and smell the Nanab berries!"

"Well, I suppose you're right." He said, cracking his knuckles and grinning like an idiot. "Really laid it into her didn't I. Told ya that us Legends are tougher than you think. Those Godslayer punks won't know what hit em if we all get together." He seemed to consider something and then, "You weren't half bad either. Maybe a few years and you'll be able to give me a good fight!"

"Heh, well... maybe in a few years, I'll come and challenge you then," Kazo said, flopping onto his butt and breathing hard. Man, he was so drained after that fight.

"This is all...well and good. But I still have to pay her back for ruining this big day." She looked over to where Mia lay only to find that the woman had vanished. "Ah, shit." She muttered. With a groan she rubbed her eyes then shook her head, some loose hair falling in front of her face. "It seems that she had something left in her after all. She better hope I don't catch her. I'm going to go check on my wife." She said the last bit with clear pride in her voice. Kazo just gave her a thumbs up in response. The Glaceon glanced over at the group.

"You did a good job, really. Try and stay out of trouble." And with that she left the group, leaving them with the legendary. Kazo let out a little laugh. Trouble just followed them no matter what they did. Mac didn't seem happy, instead frowning in the direction of where Mia had been.

"That's so unfair. We got her and she got away anyway. Doesn't that make you mad?" She said to Kazo and Ari.

"Furious," Kazo confirmed. "But there isn't much we can do about it. Just gotta be happy we're still breathing and that no one was hurt too badly,"

"Is she your brother?" Dora had asked in complete earnest. Denku chuckled at that. Dora was just a sweet and innocent girl. After he had explained to them who Phione was, Dora seemed to still not understand. "Sooo....not your brother then?"

"Hello! My name is Phione. Do you know my mom?" The girl asked excitedly. It looked like she was trying her best to find her mom, which is what they would do. Denku scooped her up, placing her on his shoulders. Whatever answer was given, he soon ran off, doing his best to get back to Brooke. He could hear voices of the soldiers trying to organize, which would make things harder for them. He went back to the small hallway Brooke was fighting the Wailord in, skidding to a stop.

"Brooke, I found Dora and Easter. You done here?"

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie's frustration only seemed to grow at Allie's staunch refusal on the topic of her siblings. To be perfectly honest, as Nani and Randy continued to rant about the world and legends, most of the topics seemed to go over her head. Marie wasn't concerned about the world at large. Marie wasn't concerned about what the legends had done to make it nor was she really concerned with how anyone was going to go about fixing it. That they were people that Aliie was trying to kill, people that she didn't think had done anything wrong, was about all that mattered in that regard to her. Yet even still. There was something that simply made Marie furious. Angry. Absolutely livid. "You're wrong! It isn't about what you say here. It's about how you show them how to act! That's what being a big sister is all about!" The Brionne shouted towards Allie. 

As the stones came at her, the girl deflected a few with a blast of water yet again, though she was still far from strong enough to match  this attack. Being pelted by the attack, the girl still grit her teeth as she looked towards the Tyranitar. It hadn't mattered what Allie wanted in the end. If she was fighting for her siblings, so that they wouldn't have to fight, then it was obvious that she was doing something wrong. All the same, the girl simply blasted yet another stream of water towards Allie as the Tyranitar seemed intent on fighting. 

EOlaaCE.png?1

As Nine had picked up Shaymin and got ready to leave, after of course eating some of the delicious berries that the legend had provided for them, he looked over to Gwen. At her comment he said, "I am the model of a gentleman, and wouldn't dare dream of doing something to one such as her." Giving a playful smile towards the ghost girl, he then proceeded to follow her back to town. 

Once there, with legend now in tow, things had seemed to take a turn for the worse since their departure. No one had come out to greet them, nor had anyone really been out on the streets at all to begin with. The only thing Nine could really say about this complete lack of energy n comparison to their first visit, was that Alpha truly was just a ghost town now. Walking alongside everyone, they eventually met up with Gwen's father and the Enforcer, with the two informing of them of an attack that had happened since they had left. Nine narrowed his eyes a bit at the Enforcer's first comment about the legend. 

His attention, however, returned to Gwen's father as he explained the situation further to him. Aha. There it was. Nine had figured that there was more to this job then simply making sure a legend was safe. If anything, he was more glad and surprised that they were at least saying so to his face. All the same, Nine was both curious and suspicious about the whole notion of what was coming, and thus said, "oh? Them?" Nine looked between Gwen, the Enforcer and her father saying, "is there something you'd like to fill the rest of us in on for this. As far as fighting goes, Shaymin here is a bit of a pacifist, so if breaking this seal, or whatever it is, is going to put them in danger I can't really blindly condone this." 

Deadlands Team Karaoke

Lok smiled as he seemed to have convinced Skymin, before watching as the legend transformed back into the Shaymin that they had seen when they got here. However, before he left he had grown Sitrus Berries from out of nowhere, which was very impressive to Lok. He watched as Gwen and Nine talked, taking a bite from one of the berries. It seemed like they were done here, as the group made their way back with Shaymin.

When they got there, everything was extra tense. The Enforcer and Gwen's father didn't seem all that excited about them bringing back Shaymin. As it turned out, Omega had launched an attack on them while they were being attacked. Lok had noticed that Nine wasn't so keen on being kept in the dark since they got here, and now he was asking to know what was happening. Lok let out a sigh, turning to the two. "I think we should probably get everyone here on the same page... I don't think we can afford to be distrusting each other right now."

Sky Palace Team Showdown

The very next day, Rayquaza gave them what sounded like their most dangerous mission yet. He didn't even name the legend in question, only that they slumbered under the Temple. Scarlet stared down the Twister, determination in her eyes, before she turned to her  Isole. "Well, this is it." She said, before turning to Taiga. "Sounds like this is the big one." She grinned at Taiga, turning back to the twister. "The land of dragons, huh? I've only heard so much about this place..." She nodded her head, stepping towards the twister. She stopped, turning to the rest of the group. "If anyone's got anything to say, now would be the time. If not..." She nudged her head towards the twister. "We got a Legend to wake up."

After any comments or speeches were made, Scarlet walked into the twister, ready for whatever challenge she would face in the land of dragons.

hqWiIfT.png

This talking was getting nowhere, and wasn't helping the situation. If anything, it seemed to only be making things worse. Why did this girl seem even stronger the more she was getting beaten up? Desperation? Nani could only hope so. With her head angled downward, it was hard to keep track of all the rocks the Tyranitar had thrown about. That in turn made it tougher to avoid all of them, especially in the Mimikyu's injured state. Enough so that as much as she'd like to say one of them merely clipped  her arm, that wasn't the case. The impact knocked her over, and she could've sworn she heard something break as she and the rock hit the ground.

That left arm wasn't going to do her any more good today, apparently. But she still had her other arm, and even if she couldn't quite get the rock off her arm with sheer strength, she had other means. If Randy and Keanu weren't here, this would be a perfect time to use that earthquake attack Nani had "borrowed". So instead, seeing as her thunder wave did indeed hit its target, Nani settled for the next best thing.

Slipping into the ground once again. She wasn't going to pop up behind Allie this time. The same trick didn't usually work twice in a row. Instead, she aimed for the front with both of her knees, looking to crash right into Allie's ribs.

Team Alola, Trailsau 

"I dunno who or what spoke and sprouted this nonsense in you that head of yours, but you need to wake up and smell the Nanab berries!"

"Who's to say the Legends deserve that power either? The power belongs to who takes it. That's how this world has always worked, for better or worse. I'm not just going to sit back and do nothing! Arrgh, just shut up for once, all of you! "

She spotted Marie's haphazard attempt to attack her and countered with a rising Stone Edge. The water struck the rock and shattered it but without enough force to reach Allie afterwards. The woman gave a smug grin at Marie until she realized that the creepy one had vanished from her sight.

Before she could react she felt the girl's attack land on her side and she fell down to a knee. The unexpected attack breaking through the adrenaline that was keeping her going through all these attacks. "Damn it. You little sneak." she muttered as she turned to look at Nani, a frightful face on her face. Hand glowing dark she reached out, her hand a crushing claw, to grab the girl by the throat.

Team Mac, Ogren

"Furious," Kazo confirmed. "But there isn't much we can do about it. Just gotta be happy we're still breathing and that no one was hurt too badly,"

Mac kicked the ground with a pout on her face. "Yeah I guess. At least we didn't lose. Right? This wasn't a loss. We won this fight one way or another." She looked at Tornadus. "Without losing anyone this time."

She approached the Legend, hands on her hips, and declared. "I won't fight you this time. It wouldn't be fair. But next time you're going down and no one is going to get in our way."

Tornadus laughed. "Is that so? Well, fine by me, but I don't lose." He looked over at the other two. "How about you? Think you could take me?"

As they spoke the town guard, though that was a misnomer as it was really various adults who had a bit of experience under their belts, showed up to help fix up the area and offer Tornadus an escort back to his home, to which he declined. "I'm not going home. I feel it. Some of the others are getting together finally. I think I'll do them a favor and join them."

Team Neo Not Dark, Merm Palace

As the group met up with Brooke, looking worse for wear, Dora came barreling towards her. "Broooooke." She cried out. "Where've you beeeen? Look, Denku found a person, and now we're gonna take the person out, and uh....What are we doing?" She asked the others in confusion.

Then she noticed the Wailord, off at the opposite end of the hall, and waved her shoulder. "Hiiii Doug! Are you stuck!"

The Wailord paused in his attempts to get free. "Hi Dora!" He called back, happily, before letting out a loud grunt and going back to trying to free himself.

Dora spun in a circle. "What now? Is it time for a picnic? But I didn't bring a basket!"

Team Karaoke, Alpha

The Enforcer was silent as the others spoke. He instead kept his gaze steadily on Nine, staring intently at him. If Nine were to meet his gaze for too long even the experienced Chaser would start to waver. Such was the pressure that was emanating from the man as he just stood there, menacingly.

Gwen's father, too, didn't respond right away. It wasn't until Gwen spoke that he said anything. "We should probably tell him now...If he's going to help, he'll need to know."

"I see." was the response. Then, slowly, he began to explain.

"The people of Omega are not merely our rival town. Nothing so simple as that. They worship a great evil. One whose name we will not say, so sacrilegious it is, but who was sealed away deep underground centuries ago. Despite being sealed their influence still seeped into the land. You have seen it for yourself, nothing grows, the air itself is tainted, and this has caused the people of Omega to grow mad. They think that by worshiping this entity they will gain rewards and power. Their goal is to release the seal and bring their patron back into the world. Which would mean disaster for not just us but everyone in Adarid. The seal is slowly weakening and, eventually, we believe that those in Omega will find a way to break it. The only choice we have is to send a group who can defeat this evil in their weakened state to stop their influence over this land once and for all."

"I...when I decided to travel, it was mostly to see more of the world." Gwen added. "But, also, I hoped to find those who might help defeat this entity....It's not that I wanted to use you or anything, but, I thought...if I found allies, perhaps..." Gwen blushed and looked away.

Team Showdown, Skuldafn

BGM

Skuldafn, located near the center of the region, is a place shrouded in mystery. All of Adarid have heard of the land of Dragons but few have stepped foot in it. Fiercely independent and proud the people of Skuldafn have complete confidence in their power and little no no desire to interact with the outside world. Surrounded by large, imposing, fang-like, mountains travel there is all but impossible by anyway beyond the sea.

The group appeared between two large pedestals that seemingly once held a pair of statues but were now barren. There was no gate that they could see but a pair of Druddigon Gijinka stood between these pedestals and, as the group appeared, crouched and got ready to attack. "Strangers, you have arrived unannounced in the territory of Skuldafn, turn around now and you will be spared."

Isole let out a long sigh. "I can't believe Rayquaza dropped us right in front of them like this. What was he thinking?"

The two narrowed their eyes. "You speak of Lord Rayquaza so casually? Either you are very brave or very foolish. What connection do you claim to have with the great Lord Rayquaza? Speak carefully, strangers, we will not tolerate any blasphemers."

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine appreciated the sentiment that both of his teammates had in trying to fill him in on what it was they were going to do. Nine kept his gaze to Gwen's father for the explanation, not wanting to lock eyes with a man he knew that in any case of a staring contest he would most assuredly lose. Of course, he didn't have a choice but to look towards the Enforcer as he began telling him about the state of the legends around the area and that of the people of Omega. As Gwen went to apologize for her actions but also assure Nine that she meant well. Folding his arms, the Houndoom mulled over the new information to himself for a moment before saying, "well, that's fine by me."

Looking to Gwen he said, "don't feel so bad about it. I mean, I can't say I particularly enjoy being kept in the dark about something like this. And honestly," Nine looked over to the Enforcer, "I can't help but feel like I've been strong armed into this." Looking back to Gwen he said, "but, well, I trust you and Lok and really you could've asked me to help any time. After all, this is a matter related to a legend, and I'd be hurt if you told me that you didn't think a Chaser like I would be interested in resolving this issue. More than that, though," putting his hand on the woman's shoulder and smiling to her he said, "this is your problem and your home's problem right? As a friend, how could I possibly refuse. So, if you want me to fight some world ending legend, than I gladly would."

Turning back to the Enforcer he said, "of course, this isn't only my decision to make. Shaymin's the one unsealing the barrier right? So, she ultimately has to be fine with it as well." 

DcxYSU0.png?1

Grimacing as Allie refused to back down and only seemed to keep on taking the attacks that they were dealing to her. However, as Nani managed to hit Allie and knock some of the wind out of her, things seemed to from bad to better to bad again. Eyes going wide as Nani was grabbed, Marie knew that she had to do something to keep her friend from being killed. Marie had decided to fire another water gun at the back of Allie's leg, thinking that she was weak in the legs from the way she received the last hit. 

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Sky Palace/Skuldafn

"I guess that might be nice if it was possible.  But I don't think Captain would do it. He doesn't like being tied down to someone...it's why he ran off with Rayquaza's ship in the first place." She paused. "Forget I said that."

Taiga's grin was as big as the sea. 

"No. I don't think I will.  Fufufufu!"  She laughed, into the night.  The next day, they were summoned before his greenness once again.  

"This will be the most important of the tasks I've given you. I have no way of knowing how you'll be received or what difficulties you will face."  He made a simple gesture and a swirling twister appeared in the middle of the room. "Enter and I will send you on your way. You are to go to Skuldafn, the land of dragons, and my birthplace. There you will speak with the elder and enter the Temple located in the mountain at the end of the city. Not even I have stepped foot inside of that temple but you must enter it, face whatever dangers you may find, and awaken the Legends slumbering within."

"Yeesh.  Land of the dragons?  Hope they aren't as uptight as you are.  Fufufu!"  She bowed to Rayquaza, winking to him, before entering the twister with the others.  When the swirling gale left them, they seemed to be in front of some sort of ruin.  Pedestals stood to the side of one another, adorned by nothing in particular.  In front of them, there were two Druddigon guarding what remained of the place.   

"Strangers, you have arrived unannounced in the territory of Skuldafn, turn around now and you will be spared."

"I can't believe Rayquaza dropped us right in front of them like this. What was he thinking?"

With the casual namedrop, the two narrowed their eyes.

"You speak of Lord Rayquaza so casually? Either you are very brave or very foolish. What connection do you claim to have with the great Lord Rayquaza? Speak carefully, strangers, we will not tolerate any blasphemers."

Taiga smiled to the two and waved them off, as if to say 'I got this'.  She bowed before the two Druddigon and smiled.  

"We are but humble servants of his Greenne-...his Highness.  He has demanded that we seek council with your Elder, for guidance with the upcoming battles he faces."  It was the performance of a lifetime, and it almost made her empty the contents of her stomach.  "As you could plainly see, his almighty Twister is what brought us to Skuldafn."

Edited by Mr. Hyde