Saikazo

advanced rp Yugioh: Project Crimson

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Last I heard, yeah, but I don't listen for that kinda shit," the cashier admitted.

That's what Octavia wanted to hear, at least, sorta. It wasn't a perfect confirmation, but at least it seemed like the Arena hadn't been messed with while she was gone. That meant they had a lead of some sort. All the duelists that gathered there would likely be able to shed some light on what they were looking for... Whether it was the Dread Knight or some hint of those cultists they were looking for.

Octavia groaned out as her drink was suddenly snatched from her hands, her cheeks puffing out for a moment as she glared over at the new arrivals. She should've been prepared for this, but with so much time passing, she had slightly forgotten this was a common thing for a moment. At least, she wasn't expecting this to be their introduction back to the city. 

"is this a custom or something?"

Welcome to Hearthome life."

Octavia shrugged her shoulders slightly, "It's how things go here. You get used to it eventually. Everyone grab stuff ya want while you've got the chance." She waved her hand to the others as she returned back to the coolers, grabbing two Panta's this time as she made her way down the snack isle. She stuffed an assortment of candies into her jacket's pockets, opening it up to reveal a few extra ones, which she promptly filled up with some bags of chips. She grabbed one last bag as she made her way back to the front of the store.

"Get what you want. We're on a bit of a time crunch, after all."

"Alright, I got what I need. Let's get going, I think the Arena should be our next stop. People gather there and it's usually pretty civil, at least... By our standards." She waved her hand as she made her way towards the door, not giving that odd pairing that stole her original drink a second glance. She popped open one of the drinks she grabbed, taking a drink from it as she made her way outside of the store, waiting for the others to join her. She stretched out her legs, a little sigh escaping her as she glanced in the direction of the Arena. She fidgeted with the hem of her jacket for a moment, her fingers pinching at it as she rolled it between them.

YxoyLXy.png

Raijin simply shrugged as no one seemed to have an answer to him. Before he could pay for his snacks, however, two individuals came crashing in. The man made a declaration for everyone to grab whatever they wanted from the store. Was he... robbing the place? It was a strange robbery for sure, especially when he noticed that the boy behind the counter seemed to act more annoyed than anything. Everyone around them seemed to be grabbing whatever and heading out the door. "What the fuck..." He muttered, turning towards Natsumi and Octavia for answers. They also seemed to be saying to do the same thing - grab your shit and go. It was all very confusing, but Raijin wasn't going to argue it. "Alrighty then." He said, shrugging his shoulders, as he turned around back towards the store. He made sure to stuff his jacket pockets with as many Thin Gins, pretzels, and bags of trail mix as he could get his hands on, before stopping by the fridge to pick up some water bottles in his arms. He walked back towards the group, now holding a galore of snacks and waters. "Well, let's get goin'." He said, before making his way out of the store.

He stood next to Octavia, arms full of water bottles and pockets full of snacks. He turned down towards Octavia, noticing that she didn't grab any water, instead opting for some fizzy poison instead. He let out a sigh, rolling his eyes as he placed his drinks down before sitting next to the girl. "Here." He said, handing her a water bottle. "It's important to stay hydrated... 'specially after drinking that sugary crap."

Edited by REP

Zirco gritted his teeth as he floored it, splitting further away from the cops. One of the said cops turned to the other and nodded, speeding up to catch up with Zirco. The other one pulled over to Tora, grinning widely. "Alright curfew breaker! Time to bring you in!" He called out as Tora's dueling systems were forcibly activated. "You can't escape! Show me your pathetic attempt to escape the law!"

When the group cleared out of the store, the man slammed the doors behind them, taking out some chains and locking the door so no one else could come in. If the group were to keep watching, they would see him walking to the walk-in fridge, opening the door, and walking into it, closing the door behind him...

The trip down to the Arena was quiet... for Hearthome. There were some homeless people hiding in the alleys, some cars that drove past, but besides that, it was very quiet. Soon, however, they found the Arena. It stood tall as a beacon of order and cleanliness, and many people have gathered in there. As the team walked in, they could see that everyone had split into their respective gangs, and they all eyed the newcomers with complete suspicion. No one made a move towards them, but they didn't seem to like the idea of being approached.

In the center there were duels going on, but there was one table open, a older man smoking a cigarette standing there, no one willing to duel him. There was an area with food and snacks, and some strange man that seemed to be snorting some sort of powder up his nose. And, perhaps unknown to the group, across the arena, there was a boy in a hoodie and a cheerful looking girl eyeing the group, and if they would look closely, seemed as if they were eyeing Octavia in particular...

OOC

Spoiler

Okay, so @VCR_CAT, just feel free to go ham with this. Duel as you wish, the cop can have whatever you want.

@Kazooie, if you want to interact with those two eyeing Octavia, DM me, and I'll help you write that section.

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Here. It's important to stay hydrated... 'specially after drinking that sugary crap."

Octavia jumped slightly, before frowned for a moment as she heard that coming from behind her, but... She started to laugh after a moment, taking the water bottle with a little sigh, "Maybe you're right. I just kinda grabbed the first thing that was familiar," She popped open the bottle and took a drink from it, reaching into her pocket as she did. She pulled out a small candy bar, starting to open it up as she took a glance back at Raijin, "You grabbed plenty of snacks in there, right? We might be here a while... And who knows when we might get a decent meal."

She said that very nonchalantly, waving the candy bar in the air beside her as she did. Her eyes glanced off to the side as she brought the candy bar back to her mouth, biting off the end of it as she did. She let out a little laugh, "...I don't think it's you I gotta worry about though, the other girl with us, uh... What's her name, Kiyoko? I dunno if she really got what we said about grabbing snacks or not."

She shook her head for a moment, waiting for the others to come on out of the store, before standing again with a sigh. There was a sound coming from behind the group once the door was shut, but Octavia had already started taking a few steps forward, pointing ahead of her with the bottle that Raijin had given to her. "We better get going. The sooner we get to the Arena, the better."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The trip to the Arena was thankfully pretty quiet. That was to be expected. The homeless people weren't interested in picking fights they didn't need, the roads were barely occupied at all, partially because of the state of them... It wasn't that uncommon to find people peeking out at them as they traveled through the city, thankfully they didn't have much of an issue with anyone trying to stop them from continuing on. 

The Arena was exactly like Octavia remembered it. It was clean, it was... Orderly. Still segmented, still a bitter reminder to her about what the rest of the city was lacking now, but familiar. She could feel the eyes on their group from here as they walked in, people were definitely in groups here in Hearthome, that fact never really changed it seemed. Octavia made sure that the hood of her jacket was still properly pulled up and over her head as she took a small glance around the Arena. The sights of people dueling, sitting on their own, indulging in their own desires. It was all what she knew before she had been pulled away for the underground project. It was almost a little relaxing to be back in the Arena, even if she wasn't doing exactly what she had done before.

Her eyes trailed along the rest of the gathered groups, before noticing a small duo out of the corner of her eye. They didn't seem to be doing anything... Except watching their own little group. She raised an eyebrow, the others had at least been going about their own business while looking at the newcomers, but these two seemed pretty focused on them. She started to turn towards them, holding her hands out on either side of her body, empty of anything as she took a step forward, "Hey there? You two need something? Maybe we can help each other."

"Yeah, yeah, we need somethin' outta ya!" The girl stated, a wide, unsettling grin on her face.

"No we don't," the boy shot, his mask muffling his voice. "Sorry, my friend here is... Special,"

"Awww... But don't you wanna know?" The girl asked, draping an arm around the guy. "Ya see... You look like someone we know, sunshine," the girl addressed Octivia.

Octavia blinked for a moment, bringing a hand up to her chin as she tilted her head, "I can't say you're super familiar to me... Alright, I'll bite. What do you want from me?"

"I want nothing," The boy grumbled.

"I just wanna know if you used to be in a gang or somethin'!" The girl admits. "You look a lot like a girl that the gang took in after a lot things happened to her Pops... She disappeared like... 2 years ago though. Always figured she ended up in the bottom of the river, like her name! Octopus!"

"That was not her name," The boy clarified.

"It's not like you knew her real name," The girl jabbed back. "We were low ranking grunts and all."

Octavia tensed up for a moment as she tilted her head back slightly, focused on what they were saying for a moment as she did. She shook her head a tiny bit, "No, can't say that rings any bells..." She winced for a moment at the mention of octopi, that was a new one for her.

"I can keep an eye out for her, why're ya'll looking for her, though? It's normal for people to go missing around here. Might suck, but..." She gave a small shrug as she spoke again, her voice getting serious for a moment as she did.

"Eh, it's just one of those things, ya know?" The girl admitted. "Thought she died, and then you waltz in, looking like her! Makes a person curious, right?"

"Somethin' like that, yeah," the boy shrugged. "Honestly, it don't concern us anymore. We're outta the gang and savin' up to get outta this hellhole,"

"Speakin' of this hellhole," the girl piped up. "You and your buddies are lookin' a little rich for someone in this city. You all from outta town?"

She let out a little laugh as she nodded her head, "Right, I guess that's fair. I'm sorry if that brought up any bad memories, if you were close to her or anything," She rubbed at her shoulder for a moment, taking a small glance back over her shoulder, "Eh, us? I was born here, but my parents moved us out before the riots started hitting. They had work that moved them around a lot, but I heard about what happened here..."

She shook her head a tiny bit, stopping herself from mentioning the others... Natsumi might be from Hearthome, but ultimately it was up to her if she wanted to divulge that to people... "We're here looking for someone. The Dread Knight. If ya can point us in the right direction, I would appreciate that."

"What? Are you craz---," the boy started but the girl sprung up excitedly, smiling widely and bouncing in place. 

"Oh, we can do better than that!" She said, obviously excited. "We can take you right to him!"

Octavia's eyes widened as she gripped the hem of her jacket, "Wait, really? I was prepared to have to do a whole lot more digging." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a few candy bars of various types, from pure chocolate to one with coconut, "Want one? I'll repay ya better than this, I swear."

She glanced at the boy though, giving him a small sheepish grin, "We might be a little crazy, but it's our only option. Do you two mind waiting while I let the others with me know?"

The girl smiled even wider somehow as she grabbed the chocolate. "Don't mind at all love!" She said as she bit into the bar, despite the wrapper being on it. "We'll be right here,"

"Whoopie de frizz," the boy muttered as he adjusted his hood, refusing any chocolate.

Octavia nodded to them as she quickly turned back to the group, a grin on her face. Despite the obvious good mood she was wearing on it though, her voice was calm and even kind of low as she moved to them, "Alright, dunno if any of you were listening in or not, but we might have a lead. Those two back there claim to be able to take us to you-know-who. I'm going. You're welcome to come along with me or go look for the cult. I'd appreciate some backup in case this is some kind of ambush, but I'm gonna take any lead we've got right now."

Untitled.jpg

"My turn! I'll show you a thing or two about Synchro Summoning..."

As Alex drew her card, the number resting under one of her pendulum monsters went down, from 10 to 8. "Every turn, the pendulum scale of D/D Savant Kepler goes down by two. Not that that matters for what I'm about to do, because next up is a spell card! I activate Dark Contract with the Gate!" In front of Alex, the projection of a scroll appeared, with a monstrous gate protruding out of it. "Once per turn, I can add a D/D monster from my deck to my hand. I choose D/D Necro Slime!" As Alex pulled the card - portraying a skull with red slime oozing from it - out of her deck, she moved the spell card she'd just put down.

"Next, by sending a D/D or Dark Contract card I control to the graveyard, I can special summon D/D Lamia! Which means I can once again activate the pendulum effect of Abyss Ragnarok, summoning back the D/D Swiral Slime in my graveyard!"

DEF: 1900
DEF: 200
Alex: 6600 -> 5600

"Next, I Normal Summon D/D Necro Slime. Don't get too used to seeing him though, because he's about to get put to work. I tune my D/D Orthos with both my Swiral Slime and my Necro Slime, to Synchro Summon a Level 7 monster! Namely, D/D/D Gust King Alexander!"

ATK: 2500

"And then I'll use the D/D Necro Slime in my graveyard! By banishing it and other monsters, I can conduct another Fusion Summon! By fusing itself with D/D Swiral Slime, I'll Fusion Summon D/D/D Oracle King d'Arc!"

ATK: 2800

"Normally, this would be the point where Alexander's effect activates, but with an empty graveyard, there isn't much I can do with it. I don't need it anyway, because I move to the battle phase! I'll start by taking out that Red Wyvern with D/D/D Oracle King d'Arc, and then destroying your Hallohallo with D/D/D Gust King Alexander!" As the monsters attacked, Shannon's life points - even if only by half - went down further.

Shannon: 7750 -> 7500 -> 6950

"I end my turn."

"I see that I underestimated you. Fusion, Synchro, and Pendulum... Can I assume you're capable of Xyz as well?" Shannon asked as Alex ended her turn.

"Of course I am. You don't train yourself as hard as I do only to skip a step somewhere!"

"Oh, really? Well then, why don't I show you," Shannon drew the top card of her deck forcefully, her arm glowing bright from underneath the sleeve, "How special I truly am? I activate Pendulum of Souls again! I change the scales of my Pendulums to 1 and 8!"

As the air began to grow tense around them, Shannon spread her arms wide.

"Swing, Pendulum of Souls! From my hand, the Level 2 Galaxy Serpent and Level 4 Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer! From my Extra Deck, the Level 3 Hallohallo... And the Level 7 Clear Wing Fast Dragon!"

As the four forms hit the field, the red glow from Shannon's arm couldn't be hidden, causing the girl pain, though she didn't show it. With a flick of her wrist she was pointing at Clear Wing, another counter appearing on Pendulum of Souls.

"First, I use Clear Wing! D'Arc's attack becomes 0 for the rest of the turn, and her effects are negated!" As the green light shone on the fiendess, draining her, Shannon motioned to Libra, the scales rearranging as a star left one scale and went onto the other. "Then I use Magalibra and declare 1, removing a Level from my Galaxy Serpent and giving it to my Hallohallo!"

Galaxy Serpent glowed blue for a moment as a similar red glow appeared on the jack-o-lantern, their sizes changing ever so slightly in accordance with their level change. Suddenly, the Serpent turned translucent, becoming a single green ring... with Clear Wing turning into a cluster of 7 bright stars, lining up within the ring.

"I beckon to the emperor of flames, drawing from the power of the knights! His power rends his foes asunder, blasting it to pieces! Appear now, Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer!"

From the bright light of the Synchro Summon, a dragon wielding a gunblade and a shield appeared, looking like a larger, more armored version of Luster. It growled loudly as a portal opened from Shannon's deck, revealing an ever so slightly more ornate version of Luster.

"Once per turn, Ignister can summon a Dracoslayer from my deck in defense, and I choose Master Pendulum! But if you thought all I could do was Synchro, think again! Overlay!"

Hallohallo turned into the same purple form as if for a Pendulum Summon, and Master Pendulum turned into a bright yellow one, as a galaxy-like vortex opened in the ground. As they went in, Shannon spoke up.

"I beckon to the world of hope, the winds of the mages at my back! His justice cuts through the darkness, finding the best future for all! Appear, Majester Paladin, the Rising Dracoslayer!"

The exploding galaxy revealed another knight like Luster, this time riding the back of a qilin with a tornado horn. Raising his blade to the sky, Majester made Shannon's deck shine for a moment as the girl bowed in thanks.

"When Majester is summoned, his effect activates. When the turn ends, I can add a Pendulum Monster from my deck to my hand... if I'll need it. Next up, Luster, Risebell!"

Clasping her hands together in reverence, she held them high as she began to speak, a red and blue vortex forming behind her.

"I beckon to the methods of old, calling upon the power of long dead beasts! His shield holds back the mightiest enemies of life, his blade striking true! Appear before me, Dinoster Power, the Mighty Dracoslayer!"

Pulling her hands down in front of her face, the vortex consumed Luster and Risebell, flooding the arena with light as the giant mech-suit wearing Dracoslayer appeared, brandishing what looked to be steam-powered machinery in place of its usual weapons. Shannon released her hands and threw them wide with a grin.

"Fusion! Synchro! Xyz! All in one turn! But that's not all! I activate the effect of Majester by detaching 1 Xyz Material from it..." Shannon removed the material, then reached into her Extra Deck and pulled a card out, "I get to return Luster Pendulum to the field! Then I activate Dinoster's effect, reviving Master Pendulum!" 

As both of the Pendulum dragon knights returned to the board, Shannon pointed at Ignister one more time, grinning wide.

"But that's not all! Ignister, too, has another effect! I destroy Master Pendulum, returning Alexander to the extra deck!"

The large red knight let out a battle cry, pulling its blade back dramatically. When it did, the form of Master began to wisp away, turning into flames that seemed to be absorbed into the sword, before Ignister took a swing, shooting a large wave of fire at Alexander, returning the king to whence he came.

"That doesn't prove I'm special, but this will... I remove three counters from Pendulum of Souls!"

The continuous spell let all three of its counters rise into the air and shatter, then Shannon's right arm began to glow brightly, the mark of the dragon clearly visible through her clothes at this point.

"I call to the Pendulum of the alternate world, where everything has become one...! Return to the field with a second Pendulum Summon, Master Pendulum!"

As the arc in the sky opened once more, the knight gracefully descended, taking his place opposite Luster, outside of the three Dracoslayer bosses. 

"Time for battle! Majester, destroy D'Arc!"

The mounted paladin began to move, raising its cyclone blade high, summoning a small tornado to attack the fusion king, destroying it and dealing 1850 to Alex's life. (5600 -> 3750)

"Then Dinoster!"

The largest knight began to move slowly, steam releasing from its joints. It held its sword forward, as if to summon a gush of water... But it instead shot a laser, hitting Alex directly. (3750 -> 1750)

"And now, for the coup de grace! Ignister, attack Alex directly and end this duel!"

Luster closed his eyes to the side, looking away slightly as the fire dracoslayer charged forward, slashing Alex with his blade, and ending the duel. (1750 -> 0)

As the duel began to fade away, Luster shot Shannon a look that confused her. What? She had won, hadn't she? And she needed to prove she was special, did she not? Was there a problem with how she handled it? Hmph.

"Good game, Alex."

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

Another few turns...but now Jet stood there dumbfounded. While Alex had quite the field, Shannon had just decimated the competition with her Pendulum method of summoning. This actually surprised him, with Alex being able to utilize all the summoning methods like this, he figured she might've won. But then again, Jet had to remember, Shannon was apart of Project Crimson...therefore she could and would win.

So now Jet had officially seen three out of the team Duel...and while Zirco and Leiko...but unfortunately, she was out of commission as well. Her and Hotaru both... So out of the group, he's officially seen two of them Duel: Zirco and Shannon. Both had a different style of Dueling, but at the same time, they both were strong...very strong. His hand slowly moved to his right arm, as he began to hold onto it. The dulled feeling had slightly flared up the moment Shannon summoned Luster Pendulum, but it wasn't too bad. But this definitely had him thinking...

Could HE be that strong...?

Once the Duel officially ended, Jet slowly began to approach Shannon. "T-That...w-was amazing..." he slowly nodded. "...i-it's no Z-Zirco, b-but that's a-a-amazing display..." He glanced over at Alex, before back at Shannon. "S-So...w-what d-do we do now...?"

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Kiyoko was still somewhat confused by the custom that seemed to go on in Hearthome, but didn't really question it beyond that. She figured that Octavia and Natsumi probably  knew more about her in these matters, so she just went along with them. Picking up a few bottles of  water before making her way out of the store, the girl eyed the blue haired man and the young girl with him, curious about the two of them but not saying anything as she made her way out of the building. Trusting Octavia's intuition and know how on the matter as to where to go next, the girl followed them along as they made their way to some place known as "the arena." The actual place itself was something of a stark contrast to the streets that they had just passed through. Looking around, the girl felt some strange sense of structure in this building that was missing from the rest of the Hearthome so far, though it wasn't as if it made any more sense to her. 

Her attention was briefly taken by the duels that were going on, more so curious as to why they were dueling then anything else. However, the girl's attention was snapped back to the rest of the surrounding area, as she most assuredly felt as though all eyes were on them. Feeling innately cautious by the gaze, the girl simply stood her ground and looked to observe what the rest of the occupants of the arena were doing. This didn't last long, however, as Octavia had gone off to do reconnaissance of her own and came back with a lead. The girl nodded at Ocatvia's suggestion saying, "I will accompany you. If this is the most direct way to get where we need to, then I see no reason to not." 

4ys06lN.png

"Alright, dunno if any of you were listening in or not, but we might have a lead. Those two back there claim to be able to take us to you-know-who. I'm going. You're welcome to come along with me or go look for the cult. I'd appreciate some backup in case this is some kind of ambush, but I'm gonna take any lead we've got right now."

"Those two back there"? Natsumi looked over to the two Octavia was referring to. Nobody she recognized - which she expected - but certainly Hearthome residents. Anywhere else, Natsumi would leave it to Octavia and someone else, then go off with a partner of her own to investigate the cult. But this wasn't anywhere else. Perhaps these strangers really did mean well and wanted to bring the group right to Dread Knight. But perhaps it was a trap of some kind. Natsumi wanted to play it safe.

"I will accompany you. If this is the most direct way to get where we need to, then I see no reason to not."

"I'm coming too. It seems a bit too convenient, and having strength in numbers would be good if this is some kind of trap."

Untitled.jpg

One moment, she was on her two feet, dueling. And then, that dragon, and all the other stuff... Alex found herself flat on her back, her Life Points at zero and the duel lost. But right now, none of that mattered! No, there was something much more important going on.

"S-So...w-what d-do we do now...?"

"What you do now...?" A big wide smile spread on Alex's face. Not bothering to get back up onto her feet, the girl laughed. "That's obvious! You tell me everything. I set all this up to summon someone, but it looks like none of that was necessary at all! All I needed was to be patient and you'd show yourselves anyway! So let's start with this one. How many years were you down there?"

"T-That...w-was amazing..." Jet slowly nodded. "...i-it's no Z-Zirco, b-but that's a-a-amazing display..." He glanced over at Alex, before back at Shannon. "S-So...w-what d-do we do now...?"

It... was no Zirco? Shannon looked at the boy, doing her best to keep her face in a smile... but what in the hell did he mean by that? They had seen Zirco duel once. He had mastery of a single summoning type. She was the leade. She displayed her power in a dramatic fashion. How on earth could he not see how amazing she was? What was with him and Luster? When she went to open her mouth to challenge him, her opponent cut her off.

"What you do now...?" A big wide smile spread on Alex's face. Not bothering to get back up onto her feet, the girl laughed. "That's obvious! You tell me everything. I set all this up to summon someone, but it looks like none of that was necessary at all! All I needed was to be patient and you'd show yourselves anyway! So let's start with this one. How many years were you down there?"

"Down where?" Shannon turned to Alex, hands clasped behind her back, cocking her head ever so slightly, "In Cradle City? Why, my entire life. At least before I met my friend Jet and a couple others."

YxoyLXy.png

Raijin followed the group towards the arena, whatever the hell that was. When they got there, they encountered an interesting group of people around the place, dueling each other in the arenas. A lot of them looked like pompous assholes, probably mob leaders considering this place. However, his attention was brought to a certain duo, who seemed to be fixated on Octavia. As Octavia approached the duo Raijin, not wanting to really talk to anyone else here, decided to listen in on her conversion, taking a swing of his water bottle. His ears perked up when he heard about this "Octopus" character. It didn't take very much to add two and two together. He didn't take her as the gangster type, but considering what he's seen of this place, it wasn't that shocking. Not like Raijin really cared, he just wanted to get this over with.

When Octavia turned back to the group, she delivered the information that they knew where their little target was. The other two decided to back her up and, not wanting to do any sort of research on his own, chimed in. "Guess I'm coming too." He simply said, putting his hands in his pockets. "Strength in numbers and all. Plus I don't feel like it'd be a good idea to wander around here by myself."

The duels Zirco and Tora had while Shannon dueled were easy enough. Despite being the backbone of this city's martial law, they went down rather easily. However... it wasn't without loss. When Tora landed her final blow, the Security officer wasn't happy about it, and they rammed their D-Wheel into hers. It caused her to crash, the D-Wheel crashing on top of her. 

Zirco stopped, picking up her bike and looking at her leg. It didn't look so good, in fact, despite not being a doctor, Zirco could tell a leg was not supposed to bend that way. So he picked her up, placing her on his back and taking her back outside the city, back to Gil and the van. They had to get her medical attention. It didn't take long for Gil to get Tora loaded and secured, before driving off. Seemed they would be on their own for a while.

Zirco turned around and headed back to the city. However, instead of heading higher up into the city, he kept low below the streets, down in the underbelly. This made sense for a place to look, right? He turned on the radio again, reaching out to Shannon and Jet.

"Yo, it's Zirco. We beat those cops, but Tora broke her leg when one of those bastards were a sore loser and made her wreck her D-Wheel. Gil's taking her to get medical attention. So... yeah, tell me you got better news,"

As the three talked, they could hear the sound of tires squealing outside of the stadium. Someone was leaving. The odds of them catching the peeping tom were very low, but it was obvious. Now was not the time to stay still, unless more people get the stadium soon.

oXNSzB8.png

The group had decided to take the two people up on their offer, which the girl herself was very pleased about. The two lead them outside of the Arena, heading to a nearby alley. The girl hummed to herself as she swung her sleeves around.

"Hey, hey, Not-Octopus," She said. "How do you think we should summon Dread Knight? The easy way or the fun way?"

"How about no way?" The boy muttered. "This is stupid and they're all stupid for wanting to do this,"

"Well, since you're being no fun, the fun way it is!" She said before suddenly pointing ahead. It looked as if there was two people trying to break into a house. "Oh, oh, let's us them!" She called out, revealing a gun under her sleeve. She ran ahead, confronting the two burglars. "Oh, what a catch!" She said in a loud and dramatic voice. "We got ourselves a bunch of suckas, thinkin' we don't know what they are!" The boy sighed and held up both hands, showing he wielded two guns.

"Now we can... do justice, or something," The boy muttered, obviously not into it like the girl.

"Yeah, yeah, all we gotta do is pump 'em full of lead and be on our way!" The girl said.

""Ey, what the hell are you all doin'?" The burglar snapped, pulling out his own gun. "Don't try to butt into our business! We'll pump ya full of lead, got it?" However, before a firefight could break out, knee deep fog began to roll into the area, the sky turning black as night. "Ah, hell naw. We need to get the hell outta here," One of the criminals muttered. The girl and boy simply fell onto their backs, disappearing into the fog. The two criminals turned towards the Signer group to try to run, but... before they could... the sounds of footsteps echoed through the area.

The two criminals froze, fear etched on their face as they took a step back. Suddenly, the group would feel a presence... and see someone decked out in black armor and cloak slip past all of them, silently walking past them, not touching one of them as he made his way to the culprits. One raised his gun, firing off a few rounds, the sounds of the gunshots ringing clearly through the night, each one clearly hitting the cloaked man. However, the figure never broke his stride, just walking closer and closer to his targets.

The figure reached into his cloak, pulling out a hilt of a sword with no blade attached. However, as soon as it was drawn, a blade of fog exploded from the hilt. The figure took one more step, and suddenly, instead of slowly walking in front of the signers, he stood behind the culprits, looking as if he just finished the motion of a sword swing.

"... Dark Requiem," He called out, slamming his blade into the ground. The criminals fell over, lifeless, and the fog cleared, the sky brightening up once more.

"He ha ha ha ha! That was awesome!" The girl from the Arena suddenly called out, still laying on her back. The boy sighed and sat up, dusting himself off.

"I told you two you shouldn't do things like that, didn't I?" The armored man didn't turn to face anyone, his voice both reprimanding, but they could hear the concern in his voice.

"I know, I know, Dread Knight, but, but! They wanted to meet you!" The girl said, pointing to the group. Dread Knight didn't even turn.

"What business do you have with me?" He asked, sharply.

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

Jet looked over at Shannon, seeing her smiling after he said what he said, but something seemed off. Did he possibly say something to upset he-....oh...right. It was most likely the half-hazard remark regarding it not being like Zirco's Duel, wasn't it? Jet could mentally face palm at this point, but only stayed as emotionless as he usually looked. He knew good and well he'd hear about that remark later...he just knew it.

"What you do now...? That's obvious! You tell me everything. I set all this up to summon someone, but it looks like none of that was necessary at all! All I needed was to be patient and you'd show yourselves anyway! So let's start with this one. How many years were you down there?"
"Down where? In Cradle City? Why, my entire life. At least before I met my friend Jet and a couple others."

And after that, it was like they were back to square one with this whole scenario. Jet, however, remained silent throughout this little talk. That was, until he heard tires screeching outside of the stadium. The young man looked at Shannon before moving quickly back to where they parked their D-Wheels at. W-Who's a-a-around here...b-besides us? he thought, running down to the area where the D-Wheels were. Unfortunately, all he saw was the small silhouette of what he could assume was a D-Wheel, he believed anyway, just vanishing out of sight.

Just like that...they were literally back at square one.

With a defeated sigh, he was prepared to return back to where Shannon was, but heard the noise of radio chatter coming from their helmets on their D-Wheels. Jet moved quickly to his and immediately caught the last bit of what was broadcast.

"Yo, it's Zirco. We beat those cops, but Tora broke her leg when one of those bastards were a sore loser and made her wreck her D-Wheel. Gil's taking her to get medical attention. So... yeah, tell me you got better news."

This wasn't any better news, if Jet was being completely honest. First Leiko, then Hotaru and now Tora was out of commission too? Was Project Crimson just cursed at this point? He felt slightly sick to his stomach just thinking that all this experimentation might've been all for naught, but he steeled himself slightly in order to press forward with this current situation.

"S-S-Shannon! Need y-y-you here f-for a moment...Z-Zirco is on c-com..." Jet shouted back into the stadium's halls for Shannon to hear, before he exhaled slightly. Then he began to reply to Zirco. "Z-Zirco...t-this is Jet. W-W-We arrived at the s-stadium, n-n-no Kyouji...b-b-but w-we found a w-w-weird girl by the name of A-Alex. ...s-she s-says KaibaCorp is e-evil...k-k-kidnapping kids o-off the streets...I-I think s-she m-m-might be referring to the P-Project w-we're in...but I'm unsure. A-Also, s-s-someone else was here...b-but they w-were l-long gone by t-t-the time I got out here..."

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Walking with the group and following the two guides along, Kiyoko was curious how they were going to bring them to Dread Knight, though didn't really say much on the matter. As such, the girl simply stood by as the duo started to talk about their plan, and simply watched as they went to go apprehend the criminals. As the situation seemed to escalate and both parties pulled out firearms, yet still Kiyoko stood there with her arms crossed. Having nothing short of the utmost in confidence that the two knew what they were doing, Kiyoko watched patiently and expectantly as things looked to turn into a fire fight. Her expression only broke as the fog started to roll in, looking around curiously as everything started to become more and more obscured, only to then focus on the criminals with a glare on her face as they seemed ready to make their way towards her. And then it happened. 

It was a slash like lightning. A blade swung to fell the criminals. Being lightning, it was invisible to the human eye. Kiyoko looked at the figure who had come to their aid, clear awe on her face as the masked man's blade exploded into fog. Kiyoko let out an amazed, "whoa," as she gawked a bit at the overall theatrics of the scene, but cleared her throat as she was addressed by the man they had been looking for. "Ahem, Mr. Dreadknight. We wish to seek your cooperation in finding a group of suspicious individuals or, suspicious activities." The girl then looked over to the bodies on the floor. "More suspicious then them. Something that is called a 'blood ritual.'" The girl didn't really know what specifically such a ritual was, but nevertheless she spoke bluntly and to the point with the man before her. 

4ys06lN.png

"Ahem, Mr. Dreadknight. We wish to seek your cooperation in finding a group of suspicious individuals or, suspicious activities. More suspicious then them. Something that is called a 'blood ritual.'"

Natsumi nodded in agreement. "We're in town to investigate a potentially dangerous cult that has sprung up lately, and we've got leads pointing us to Hearthome. I can also assure you that we're trained to deal with these types of characters, so as long as you're able to point us in the right direction, we won't need any further assistance."

Untitled.jpg

"Down where? In Cradle City? Why, my entire life. At least before I met my friend Jet and a couple others."

Outside, the three could hear the squealing of tires. Alex got up and peeked outside, only to find she'd already missed the vehicle. Just as well. If people knew there were people here, then it was only a matter of time...

"This has been an eye-opening experience. I'll be going now. Watch out for crazed cultists trying to sacrifice innocent lives to a who knows what kind of monstrosity. And cops. And KaibaCorp. Just... watch out in general." Alex then stepped outside, hurrying along her way.

YxoyLXy.png

Raijin was caught off-guard by, well, everything that was occurring. First these strangers bust out real ass goddamn guns, before threatening to start a shootout then and there. And now they had a dude that cam straight of some edge lords deck culling burglars. Raijin had to take a moment to really let what he had just witnessed set in. He turned to everyone else, who seemed way too calm considering what just happened. "How the fuck are you guys this calm about this like my dude didn't just smite these bastards with lightning!?" He exclaimed, turning back towards the Dread Knight. "Shit dude, if ya help us with this the cult's gonna be no deal!" He said, putting his hands in his pockets as he let out an awkward laugh.

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

The strange pair being all willing to lead them off towards the Dread Knight should have raised more alarms. It should've scared her at least a tiny bit. More than anything though, she just felt antsy. They were actually on the right path, at least, hopefully they were on the right path. Whether or not things would actually go well...

"Hey, hey, Not-Octopus," She said. "How do you think we should summon Dread Knight? The easy way or the fun way?"

Octavia blinked for a moment, a little mumble escaping her as she shook her head quickly, "Morgan is fine, uh... The fun way?" It wasn't so much an answer as it was her begging for a bit of clarification on what they meant, but it seemed like they weren't gonna get an answer on that one. The boy who escorted them seemed ready to pull out something... Wait, no, he did pull out something. Two somethings. Two very spooky somethings.

"Yeah, yeah, all we gotta do is pump 'em full of lead and be on our way!" The girl said.

"Wait, what?!" Octavia quickly scanned the area around her, finding the best spots to try and duck for cover if needed, especially considering that the robbers seemed ready to fire back. Her eyes widened as the fighting began, she knew this was just the way of life in Hearthome, but she hadn't expected this to be the way to get into contact with the Dread Knight.

But sure enough... After a rather dramatic appearance through what appeared to be fog, there he was.

"What business do you have with me?" 

The others seemed ready to jump to answer, while Octavia was busy composing herself from the shootout that had startled her nerves a bit. Her hand gripped at the hem of her jacket tighter, the girl taking a deep breath before she composed herself enough to speak up after the others had said their pieces, "W-We were told that out of anyone we might be able to get into contact with, you were the one most likely to be able to give us any direction towards the cult."

She paused for a moment, thinking back on the directions that the group had been given. Blues wanted them to convince this guy to join their cause, but what exactly was him joining? Was giving them the directions to the cult enough? Did they need to bring him back to the base? Really, she had no idea on what she should even really say...

"...But more than that, we would like your help in shutting it down. We don't know how deep it goes, if it's confined to just Hearthome even. We could use all the help we can get."

"This has been an eye-opening experience. I'll be going now. Watch out for crazed cultists trying to sacrifice innocent lives to a who knows what kind of monstrosity. And cops. And KaibaCorp. Just... watch out in general."

While the sounds outside were cause for alarm, Shannon couldn't afford to take her eyes off of the character before them. Even now, the girl seemed rather... odd. Flighty. And absolutely no help for information. Divulging too much was unwise, and, if the noises outside were anything to go by, Shannon felt that she lacked the time to pursue her.

"S-S-Shannon! Need y-y-you here f-for a moment...Z-Zirco is on c-com..." Jet shouted back into the stadium's halls for Shannon to hear, before he exhaled slightly. Then he began to reply to Zirco.

"Not so loud!" Shannon called back as she entered the hallway, trying to keep her voice down. "Who knows if there are any others like Alex here? Or even worse, those who actively mean us harm. If you still have Zirco on the line, tell him to give us his coordinates. We need to rendezvous. Apparently the cultists are here, too."

"Z-Zirco...t-this is Jet. W-W-We arrived at the s-stadium, n-n-no Kyouji...b-b-but w-we found a w-w-weird girl by the name of A-Alex. ...s-she s-says KaibaCorp is e-evil...,"

"Aren't most big companies?" Zirco joked.

"k-k-kidnapping kids o-off the streets...I-I think s-she m-m-might be referring to the P-Project w-we're in...but I'm unsure. A-Also, s-s-someone else was here...b-but they w-were l-long gone by t-t-the time I got out here..."

"Yeah, that's concerning," Zirco paused. "Alright, I guess we should meet--- ACK!" Jet could hear a burst of static over the radio, and suddenly, the transmission was coming in a lot more broken. "Jet... *krrt* found... *krrt* AGH! Son of--- *kzzzt* B-bottom *kzzzt* Turbo City. Hurry!" And with one final crackle, the radio died.

If the two were to find a road and head to the bottom of Turbo City, they would see that the city got darker and darker the lower they went, likely from all the roads in the sky blocking the sun. The city didn't seem as clean down here, although it was nothing too bad. As they kept driving, they soon came to a bunch of warehouses, and they could see Zirco, engaged with fisticuffs with some man in the shadows.

"WHERE IS JACK ATLAS?!" The man roared, launching a punch at Zirco.

"I told you asshole, I DON'T KNOW!" Zirco yelled before dodging the punch and launching his own. The attack caused the man to stumble onto a patch of light, revealing that the man assaulting Zirco was the one they were looking for.

Kyouji, the Duel King, was currently fighting Zirco with the ferocity of a dragon.

oXNSzB8.png

"Hmm...," Dread Knight turned to the two that lead them to this spot, handing them an envelope and motioning to the two on the ground. "Take them to the police. I'll talk to these people," The two ex-gang members nodded, picking up the bodies, but not before excitedly waving goodbye to the group. When they finally disappeared from sight, Dread Knight turned back to look at the Branded.

"So, Kaiba believes sending you all will change my mind?" Dread Knight asked, shaking his head. "Perhaps you might have, but you all have proven to me that you aren't worth my time," He turned his back to them, walking away. "When a bank was robbed, what did you all do? Nothing. Even if you didn't care for the city and the people in it, stopping it might have stopped a source of cash for this cult. When the store was robbed, you did nothing to help, even against an unarmed man. You could have stopped a supply run for a cult that can't be out in the open. But you all refused to act. Why should I fight with such weak willed people?"

He paused. "But... I will give you one more chance. I have people in the Arena who have been helping me investigate the cult. If you can convince them you are worth my time, not only will I join you, but I will share all the knowledge I have gathered on the cult," He turned to look to them. "If you have nothing else to say, then I will be on my way. The city will not sleep, and I must go defend it,"

OOC

Spoiler

So, Hearthome, if you have any questions for Dread Knight, feel free to ask. As always, I am open for collaboration, but if you don't want to, that's fine to.

Edited by Saikazo

4ys06lN.png

Simply put, it seemed the group had not earned Dread Knight's favor. No attempt to stop the bank robbery which might have been money for the cult. Nobody helped in the grocery store robbery, which might have been supplies for the cult. All of this was based on what might have been, and frankly, Natsumi didn't like that. It was all assumptions and no proof, at least not that Dread Knight was willing to give.

"But... I will give you one more chance. I have people in the Arena who have been helping me investigate the cult. If you can convince them you are worth my time, not only will I join you, but I will share all the knowledge I have gathered on the cult, If you have nothing else to say, then I will be on my way. The city will not sleep, and I must go defend it."

"I have something to say," Natsumi interjected. "Unless you're blatantly hiding information about this cult from us - which would serve no purpose - you don't know if that money or those supplies were going to the cult. Furthermore, if we did act, it could get their guard up because someone other than Dread Knight is the hero of the day. The cult being wary of and on the lookout for us could make it all the harder to locate and deal with them. We can't save anyone if they're all dead, so is it not better to catch this cult by surprise?"

"Let me ask you something. What good would come from their guards being down? If their guard is up, they would be more cautious about just grabbing people off the streets, preventing even more loss of life. In fact, causing them to be more cautious would likely make them attempt to take you out, drawing them into the open and ridding you of the need to search. Regardless, letting people suffer to save others is something that should not be taken lightly. The lot of you should know that better than most."

"Which is precisely why I want to find them quietly and take them out swiftly."

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

"When a bank was robbed, what did you all do? Nothing. Even if you didn't care for the city and the people in it, stopping it might have stopped a source of cash for this cult. When the store was robbed, you did nothing to help, even against an unarmed man. You could have stopped a supply run for a cult that can't be out in the open. But you all refused to act. Why should I fight with such weak willed people?"

Octavia let out a little bit of a sigh at hearing that, a small mumble escaping her as she shook her head lightly. "...There was only so fast we could go on foot. Helping would've been better, you aren't wrong. But we're operating on a limited time as far as we can tell. Until we know more about this cult..." She shrugged her shoulders a tiny bit, "Fighting from the ground up... It's a noble goal, but I intend to start at the top. Once the cult is down, I'll have the funds to start major revolutions in Hearthome to restore order. Kaiba has promised the money, and I fully intend on getting it from him."

She didn't flinch at the fact that he was condemning them for not taking action, he wasn't really wrong. They had priorities focused somewhere else, but that didn't mean they couldn't at least have considered a brief detour. She'll stand by their decision to focus on finding him, even when she can see the point being made in front of her.

Octavia nodded her head for a moment, rubbing at her cheek for a moment to process what he had said as he had a brief conversation with Natsumi. Her questions weren't unfounded, the cultists knowing that someone else was looking for them could be bad for them. The Dread Knight seemed to have a decent retort for it, even if it was a little bit... Questionable. Whether the cult would be willing to try and take them head on, or just go into hiding until they left the city was a mute discussion either way, it wasn't a risk they could really afford to take. They had to make a preemptive strike themselves most likely...

"Who are these people? We got lucky to find you in the first place, if we have to play another guessing game to determine who these people investigating are... Well, that could take some time that we may not even have. I'll gladly take up the challenge of convincing them to change your mind, if that's what it takes." She waved a hand in the air briefly, pulling her hood down in front of her face briefly, "...Just point me in the right direction."

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"Yeah, that's concerning. Alright, I guess we should meet--- ACK! Jet... *krrt* found... *krrt* AGH! Son of--- *kzzzt* B-bottom *kzzzt* Turbo City. Hurry!"

Jet didn't truly like how that sounded, at all. He looked to Shannon, who still was right there listening in on this, and only nodded. "B-Bottom of T-Turbo City...w-we should hurry..." he simply said, starting the D-Wheel up and immediately revving it up. First the Security, then that Alex girl and now Zirco getting attacked. This needed to be a sign that they were at least on the right track...

Once the duo arrived at the scene at the bottom of Turbo City, however, Jet noticed that there was indeed a brawl between Zirco and another individual.

"WHERE IS JACK ATLAS?!"
"I told you asshole, I DON'T KNOW!"

The two kept fighting, until the one stumbled into some light. And Jet immediately saw who Zirco was pummeling: Kyouji, the current Duel King. He immediately remembered what was told to his group about the Duel King. The mission was to talk to him and check on him, along with surveying the area of Turbo City in general...at the same time...avoid a Duel with him...at all costs.

Then there was what Mr. E told him to possibly do...which to be quite frank, if he wanted to do it, he wouldn't need to. After all, Zirco was already handling that right now. He only looked on at this and then over to Shannon. "...w-w-what's the p-plan? I-I think the p-punching him idea M-Mr. E gave us...i-i-is already off the table n-n-now..."

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Looking towards Raijin as he spoke about the theatrics of the man who just appeared, with a similarly serious and unchanging expression as she had always had on, Kiyoko merely said, "what are you taking about? I thought it was quite amazing. Can't you tell?" After that, it had seemed the Dread Knight didn't seem to think highly of the group or what they had done since coming here. Or lack thereof. The girl had remembered the bank robbery when they first arrived, though she hadn't really figured what the store robbery was. As she tried to think hard on it, the girl eventually figured it didn't matter, as what did matter was that they were found unworthy. After Natsumi and the Knight had a brief exchange, Kiyoko merely nodded with Octavia's sentiment. "Aye. No matter the challenge that might be in front of us, I will take it on if it will help you lead us towards the cultish evil that resides in here." 

"... Zirco, what are you doing?" Shannon spoke with authority as she and Jet arrived, "I don't think you were meant to literally punch the Duel King. Get up from there!"

She knew that this wouldn't keep Kyouji from attacking back, but what else could she do? Establishing a lack of desire to fight was about the best she could do with the situation at hand. 

"This is absolutely brutish. We can either talk out our differences or..." She held her disk up, tilting her head with a soft smile, "Use a more civilized method. So, which is it going to be?"

From behind her, Luster looked over the situation, hand on the blade at his hip. 

"...w-w-what's the p-plan? I-I think the p-punching him idea M-Mr. E gave us...i-i-is already off the table n-n-now..."

"How about helping me?!?" Zirco snapped.

"... Zirco, what are you doing?" Shannon spoke with authority as she and Jet arrived, "I don't think you were meant to literally punch the Duel King. Get up from there!"

"Oh shut the hell up!" Zirco snarled. "He clotheslined me off my bike. I'm defending myself!"

"This is absolutely brutish. We can either talk out our differences or..." She held her disk up, tilting her head with a soft smile, "Use a more civilized method. So, which is it going to be?" Kyouji looked at her, seemingly mulling over his options before punching Zirco across the face again.

"What, you going to stop me from doing this? Don't think you can do anything to stop me," He pointed out. "People come down here and disappear without a trace, and now when I come down here, a bunch of suspicious people just happen to come around. Yeah, a nice chat and a spot of tea is what I need to right about now," He growled as he cracked his knuckles. However, at this point, his attention wasn't on Zirco, instead on the other two.

Zirco took this opportunity to start a mad game of charades. He pointed to Jet, staring at the boy with the intensity of a thousand suns before shifting the point at Kyouji. His finger then whipped back to Jet, and he repeated this motion a few times. Next, he held his hands out like he was gripping motorcycle handles, and revved the imaginary motorcycle. His final motion was one final point at Jet.

He then turned towards Shannon, pointing at her before quickly jabbing his thumb at himself. He then rapidly repeated the motion a few times before using his other hand to point towards the warehouses in the distance. He gave a nod, hoping, praying that these two understood his plan.

"Which is precisely why I want to find them quietly and take them out swiftly." Whatever retort Dread Knight wished to fire back was withheld, as he listened to Octavia's explanation and question.

"Who are these people? We got lucky to find you in the first place, if we have to play another guessing game to determine who these people investigating are... Well, that could take some time that we may not even have. I'll gladly take up the challenge of convincing them to change your mind, if that's what it takes... Just point me in the right direction."

"Aye. No matter the challenge that might be in front of us, I will take it on if it will help you lead us towards the cultish evil that resides in here." 

Something that sounded like a soft chuckle escaped from Dread Knight's lips. "I commend you for not backing down," He stated as he walked up to the group. He looked over them before grabbing Kiyoko's hand, making her hold it out before putting his own on top of it. Some fog billowed from his hand, and when he lifted it away, two pictures were in her hand, one being an older man with brown hair, and the other being an odd looking man with a sharp gaze. "These are... associates of mine. I last saw them in the Arena not even an hour ago. You should be able to find them there now," He stood up straight. "Now, I must go. The night is young, and there is work to be done," With that, a cloud of fog devoured the vigilante, leaving no trace of them behind.

If they were to return to the Arena, they would find the two lounging around, the older man smoking a cigarette at the dueling tables, no one willing to face him, and the odd looking man at the food area, snorting some sort of strange powder.

OOC

Spoiler

As always, I am open for collaboration, so don't be afraid to DM me.