Saikazo

advanced rp Yugioh: Project Crimson

4ys06lN.png

"...The first place I would start is taking over the old gang I was a part of. Position is power back in Hearthome, you can get more of the everyday folk to listen to you if you have the ability to protect them, that's what my dad used to say. Money lost some of its importance to them, but I could use it to bring food and things back to them, if I have the power to do it. There's no point in trying to focus on rebuilding as long as the gang wars are still going on... But then what would you start with?"

It was an interesting starting point. And it made sense. Although, Natsumi wasn't sure how to feel that Octavia's answer involved the gangs that were part of the problem in the first place. "I'd start with a means to quell those, myself. A new police force or something. Once the city is back in order, rebuilding everything should be much easier, starting with the city's infrastructure." That way, getting supplies around the city would be that much easier. It was like the difference between cleaning a house with a quiet and lazy cat, as opposed to one with a rowdy dog.

The important thing was that she'd gotten that question out of the way. There was one little comment though - it had been brought up just before Natsumi responded - that itched away at her mind, like a fly that keeps dancing just in and out of swatting range.

"There's no point in trying at all."

Natsumi shifted her gaze over toward the gloomy girl - Hotaru - who thought it was all pointless. There was a word for that kind of sentiment, but it was slipping her mind at the moment.

"She's got the right idea. What are we talkin' about?"

"I've been wanting to ask Octavia here what steps she'd take to fix Hearthome City all morning, and haven't really had a good opportunity until now. We were talking about that. Trying, however, is the backbone of civilization. If nobody tried to make things better for themselves and others, we'd still be in caves, wearing loincloths as bumbling hunter-gatherer tribes. Just stopping at 'trying' is pointless though. I'd rather continue past that, and get to the point of 'doing'."

Kiyoko was dedicated, Hypatia realized as she ate the last apple. The entire time that they had been sitting there eating, Kiyoko hadn't said a word. Although, now that she was thinking about it, she could have said something as well if she wanted. She considered it for a moment but decided against it. She didn't really know how to go about doing that without making things even more awkward than they already were. She sat at the table for a few minutes longer before getting up slowly and pacing listlessly around the room. She had nothing better to do than go through the events of the day again, so that was what she did. Maybe it would help her to not forget them again.

"What if I forget again?"

She whispered it under her breath, horrified. It was easily the most distressing thought that she had had all day. She paced faster, opening the bag at her side and rummaging through it anxiously. She had left a note to herself earlier, so she had to have something to write with. She kept digging, eventually pulling out a notebook with a pen tucked neatly into its binding. She beamed as she held it up in front of her, spinning around with it a few times and excitedly kissing the cover as she stopped. She brought it to the table and quickly began writing every little detail of the day, occasionally stopping to pace quickly around the room or to pirouette in place before coming back and writing some more.

She had gotten about 12 pages into the book when she had to move so that the table could be set. That was probably enough for now anyway, given that she had written literally every detail she could remember. She got up and paced around the room some more, reading through what she had written again and again until the others were brought into the hall.

As the others took their seats and began to converse, she sat back for a bit, half trying to figure out who she wanted to sit with and half eavesdropping. Mr. E had asked them not to talk about any of the things that she had really wanted to ask about, and she felt like it probably wasn't a good idea to be any ruder to him than she had already. She almost wanted to ask about Hearthome, but it would probably be easier to hear about that by eavesdropping anyway. So she instead moved in the direction of who was easily the most eye-catching person in the room. She grabbed a plate of french toast and sat down next to Shannon.

"That is a very nice suit."

Edited by Fearen

"So, how did things go?" The girl... Kiyoko, he believed her name was, asked. It struck Zirco as odd. It didn't feel like she really wanted to know, per se, but like it was an obligation to break the silence. He wasn't really in a position to answer though, as he had a mouth full of chicken noodles.

"Why, far better than anyone could have hoped," Shannon spoke up, despite Zirco being sure that she wasn't the one being spoken to. "Leiko and Zirco are both blessed with being chosen and having lots of potential. Why, it was a shining example of what our new family is capable of!"

"It wasn't simple as all that," Leiko admitted, looking back to her plate. "I still surrendered, Shannon. I couldn't bring myself to face the Duel Dragon." She reached out to grab a bagel. "Morodate is right, I'm not ready for this... Yet. I still have a lot of work to do to catch up with the rest of you. Even with Clear Mind."

Zirco didn't answer just yet, instead opting to loudly slurp down the hot soup in his bowl. It went on for a few seconds before he finally put the bowl down. With a sigh, he opened his mouth to answer... only for a large belch to echo throughout the room instead.

"Y'all are too uptight," Was the first real words out of Zirco's mouth. "First of all," He said, grabbing a banana and pointing it at Shannon. "I can say without a shadow of a doubt I'm not 'chosen' or whatever you say the rest of y'all are. My dragon told me as much," He unpeeled the banana and began to chew on it, before giving Leiko a friendly slap on the back. "And don't worry 'bout your duel dragon. I know it's hard, but with some work, we can---," Before he could finish his sentience, a pancake slapped him in the face, sticking to said face. He turned, looking at Mr. E, who was cutting up another pancake.

"I told you no Signer talk at the table, young man," Mr. E said playfully, even taking the tone of a disappointed father.

"You're an ass," Was the response. He then turned to look at the that one quiet boy... Jet, was it. "Hey, you," He called out to the fellow signer. When he didn't get an answer, he took the pancake on his face and threw it at him, the pancake slapping Jet on the side of the face. "Oy, who got stuck with Mr. E?"

Important OOC

Spoiler

So that you guys know, you're at a breakfast table. We won't particularly have posting rounds here. Just have conversation. Even I'll post if Zirco or someone is addressed. It won't be for too long, but for now, no posting rounds. Don't worry about them.

However, I do want a post from everyone by Tuesday, June 4th, 2019.

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

Jet sat in silence for a good long while, just eating what he had gathered for himself. He could hear the bits and pieces of the conversation most of the others were having, which ended up being about what Mr. E told them NOT to talk about...well, namely the Duel Dragon portion of the conversation anyway, which prompted one of them to be smacked with a pancake by the man in question. Nevertheless, he kept eating until his plate was completely empty and all that was left was to finish his coffee...

Until...SLAP!!

He was met immediately with something slapping the side of his face. This almost made the young man fall over in surprise, but thankfully he didn't. Upon further inspection...what slapped him on the face was a pancake. And the one on the other end of said pancake...Zirco.

"Oy, who got stuck with Mr. E?"

"H-Huh? Oh...s-sorry." Jet said, quickly gathering his composure after being practically assaulted by a pancake by Zirco. "Mr. E...is...he's stuck with me."

"Ah. That's... my apologies. Go ahead and enjoy that pancake then..."

"...thanks?" he said, looking at the pancake, nonchalantly putting it over on a plate that was basically one he was already finished with. He was going to just remain silent again, but Zirco was kind enough...if that was the word to use...to start conversation with him. "...h-how-" he paused mid thought, about to ask about how he was able to pull through in that Duel Dragon summon, but remembered Mr. E smacking people with pancakes. He quickly changed the subject he was about to talk on. "...T-That was...a pretty g-good Duel..."

"Eh, it was alright," Zirco answered with a shrug, finally biting into the banana. "I like how my D-Wheel's handlin' now though. It's good stuff. You should try to drive yours soon, ya know?"

"Y-Yeah...I...I had thought about it." Jet nodded, drinking on his coffee some more. "...n-never was...able to just do that b-back at the Turbo Branch..."

"We should race some time. Without card games."

Jet only nodded, not sure if that was a good idea or not, but did at least express that he'd be interested. Y-Yeah...a race...no Dueling...j-just a race. he thought, drinking more of his coffee again before finishing it. M-Maybe while that happens...h-he...he can tell me...about how h-he was able to d-d-do that...

Shannon nodded along as Leiko and Zirco talked, making only small interjections to assure them that they were amazing and doing great. Aside from that, she ate her bagel in peace, humming softly to herself. How wonderful it was that she got to be in this special environment, with these other chosen individuals. Once she was done, she dabbed at her mouth with a napkin, folding it and placing it on her plate. But before she could stand, Hypatia cut in.

"That is a very nice suit."

"Why, thank you. I changed into it just before breakfast." Shannon bowed in her seat ever so slightly, "And yours is nothing short of beautiful, as well. I'm surprised that someone other than myself has this kind of clothing, all things considered... Did you cooperate with the experiments, too?"

However, Shannon fidgeted a bit as she spoke, her hands kneading at her plate ever so slightly. Oh, she hated to be rude so much, but she really wanted to throw it out and grab a drink... Maybe she could offer some?

"Ah, but I need a drink before we discuss. Would you like a cup of coffee while I'm up?"

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Kiyoko looked over to Shannon as she had answered the question, surprised but otherwise satisfied that things seemed to work out. While she was about to turn her attention back to her food, her plate seemingly empty without her realizing, the girl then heard Leiko answer. Kiyoko was, naturally, much less satisfied with this answer. She didn't quite understand what Leiko was talking about nor did she understand what was holding her back, though as one thing about the duel was apparent Kiyoko couldn't help but have a frustrated and annoyed expression cross her face. 

The girl seemed to brood a bit before Zirco had said something interesting. Raising an eyebrow at his statement about his dragon, the girl didn't quite have the chance to ask as a pancake slapped him in the face. As Mr. E seemed to be intent on them not talking about their dragons, the girl would have to wait to figure what he meant, as she was in no way eager of getting a pancake to the face....

Kiyoko stood up from her seat and left, only to come back with a couple more pancakes on her plate. Cutting into it the girl simply kept to her pancakes, as she just seemed mull over what was to come. 

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

"I'd start with a means to quell those, myself. A new police force or something. Once the city is back in order, rebuilding everything should be much easier, starting with the city's infrastructure." 

"Seems like a pointless starting place. All you'll do is get the gangs to oppose you immediately. They all have a stake in the city remaining orderless... And from what I saw, they'd probably work together to take down a police force. You might win in the long run, but it seems like a harder path." She ended her sentence with a bite of egg, letting the fork point over towards Natsumi as she did, "I think it would be easier to take over all the gangs."

"There's no point in trying at all."

Octavia paused mid-sip of her soup as she heard the quiet girl speak up, her brow raising for a moment as she considered that. She wasn't really a stranger to people being opposed to the idea of rebuilding Hearthome, after all, the gangs certainly weren't enthusiastic about the idea, but that was always something self-serving. They profited from the city being unruly, to say there was no point at all was something pretty new... To her at least.

"She's got the right idea. What are we talkin' about?"

Octavia let out a small snicker as Raijin appeared she shook her head gently, "Hearthome." She listened to Natsumi as the girl went on a little mini-speech about the importance of trying, a small snicker escaping her as she shook her head gently.

"...Doing is great and all, but rushing into a plan won't help either. You bring in a shiny new police force and people are going to stick with the evil they know. The gangs are terrible, but they're familiar at this point. Who knows what a corrupt police force might try to enforce on them? And then there's the matter of where you get people for that police force... If they come from another place, the people in Hearthome won't trust them. They did nothing for us before, why should we think they would help us now?"

She took a little look back over at Hotaru as she finished her sentence, before shrugging her shoulders lightly, "Maybe you're right, honestly. Maybe we can't fix the place, but it's my home. I'd hate to just abandon it entirely. Right now, I have nowhere else to go when this is all over."

2784Rx2.png?1

They didn't really pay any attention to what she said. Of course they didn't. Stupid. Why would she expect anything different?

Why had she expected anything different? She didn't even want them to acknowledge her. She hadn't meant to speak up at all. it was just...frustrating to see how hopeful they were. Something about it put her on edge. She wasn't quite sure what but she knew she didn't like it for some reason.

At least they weren't shouting at her. They left her alone for the most part. Which was good. She didn't want to have a conversation and this way she wouldn't be pulled into it.

"Maybe you're right, honestly. Maybe we can't fix the place, but it's my home. I'd hate to just abandon it entirely. Right now, I have nowhere else to go when this is all over."

Except for that. Why'd this girl have to respond? Why was she looking at her?

Nowhere to go.

That's right.

There was nothing after this for her. Probably for most of them. What could people experimented on like this and taken away from a normal life for so long hope to do after? Why were they so sure there was an after? "Maybe that's just how it is." She said. Immediately cursing herself for responding.

This wasn't good. She wasn't used to being around people. If she kept responding they'd keep responding. It was a vicious cycle of pointless discussion.

She looked over towards Mr. E. This could backfire entirely but she had to ask. "When can I go?"

4ys06lN.png

"...Doing is great and all, but rushing into a plan won't help either. You bring in a shiny new police force and people are going to stick with the evil they know. The gangs are terrible, but they're familiar at this point. Who knows what a corrupt police force might try to enforce on them? And then there's the matter of where you get people for that police force... If they come from another place, the people in Hearthome won't trust them. They did nothing for us before, why should we think they would help us now? Maybe you're right, honestly. Maybe we can't fix the place, but it's my home. I'd hate to just abandon it entirely. Right now, I have nowhere else to go when this is all over."

"That's certainly a perspective on it." Quite possibly a more correct one, the more Natsumi thought about it, though she would have preferred not to admit that. Perhaps some sort of midway point was what was needed? Something like, use money and resources to let one gang get big enough to where they can unify the whole city, then see about converting them into a more official police service. She wasn't sure. But what she was sure of was, unless something happened during this not-so-little job of theirs, Natsumi was in the same boat as her; after everything was said and done, Hearthome was the only place for her to go. Of course she'd want to fix it back into a proper city.

Maybe patching up the arena wouldn't be a bad starting point either, she pondered to herself between bites of egg. "Right now, of course, we have other matters to see to. And in the interest of not getting a pancake thrown at my face, I'll leave it at that. Have any of you ever been on one of those D-Wheels?"

Tora Mori

As Tora practically inhaled her plate of waffles, she held no interest in talking with people she didn't particularly know quite yet. Sure the intention of this exercise was to build relations between each other, but this was all way too soon for her. Right now, she only wanted to eat and think about how she was either going to get good at a game she was never particularly skilled at, or how to salvage the state of her D-Wheel. Speaking of which, there was one particular conversation that managed to stand out to her.

"I like how my D-Wheel's handlin' now though. It's good stuff. You should try to drive yours soon, ya know?"

"Y-Yeah...I...I had thought about it... n-never was... able to just do that b-back at the Turbo Branch..."

"We should race some time. Without card games."

Tora made an attempt to swallow the sheer amount of waffles currently stuffing her mouth in one go, failing at first and slamming her fist on the table as she staved off choking, and after managing to finally get the mass of food down her throat turned towards Zirco and Jet.

"Oh you think yourselves RACE BOYS, don't ya!" She said, tears streaming down her face as she gritted a smile through the pain she felt in her throat. "I might be far from being the best duelist here, but I think I could show you boys a thing or two on the track! If you think you're up for the challenge, that is!"

Leiko gave a half-hearted smile as Zirco clapped her on the back, and as Shannon kept interjecting with compliments. It was hard to remain down in the shell of positivity between them, but somehow she wasn't convinced they were right.

We ARE chosen, though... Maybe not by these dragons, but by someone... She looked over to the corner of the room. Morodate was deep in note-taking, not looking at her. Yet he was still here. Watching her. Mr. E's presence was odd and completely inexplicable, but she couldn't shake the feeling that he knew something they didn't. 

Mr. Kaiba's people chose us. For some reason. Or at least they chose them, she thought, gazing around the room at all the other Signers. And Houki... I was just second choice. 

She grew a touch misty-eyed at the thought of her sister, quickly turning to acknowledge Natsumi through the race-driven pileup or Zirco, Jet, and Tora that she suddenly found herself in the middle of. "Zirco and the others can tell you, I can ride one, but, I'm not very good at it... I only just started to learn... Well." She shrugged, tilting her head meekly towards Morodate. The man raised his eyes briefly, scowled, then lowered them again coldly. Leiko flinched away, before resuming the conversation. 

"Never really learned much before now myself... Zirco's WAY better at it," she ended matter-of-factly.

"When can I go?" Mr. E looked up as Hotaru asked him the question. He tapped his chin with his wand, thinking to himself before answering,

"Whenever you're done eating, honestly," He said with a shrug. "It's best to eat your fill now, but if you want to go now, go on ahead," The mage held up his empty plate. and like a faithful butler, Barbatos was there to grab it and take it away. He stood up, and turned to Hypatia. "When you're done, come to the library. We'll start our first session then," He then walked away, leaving everyone else to their own devices. 

"Oh you think yourselves RACE BOYS, don't ya!" Tora said, tears streaming down her face as she gritted a smile through the pain she felt in her throat. "I might be far from being the best duelist here, but I think I could show you boys a thing or two on the track! If you think you're up for the challenge, that is!"

"Oh ho ho ho ho, now that's what I wanna hear!" Zirco said with a chuckle. "We'll definitely race then! ,,, Maybe not today. You still gotta give your D-Wheel a good lookin' over, yeah? I wanna make sure I race you at your best,"

"Zirco and the others can tell you, I can ride one, but, I'm not very good at it... I only just started to learn... Well. Never really learned much before now myself... Zirco's WAY better at it,"

"Well, I'm good at it because I broke out and took joy rides on my D-Wheel," Zirco commented, giving Leiko yet another friendly slap on the back. "Again, don't worry 'bout it. I'm sure you'll get a lotta practice around these parts. Maybe not throw you head first into a race though, that's dumb,"  He looked around, before raising his empty plate. "So... like... do I have to take this somewhere or...?"

"Just leave it. I'll pick it up," Barbatos stated. Zirco nodded, placing his plate on the table and stretching.

"Alright, alright, sounds good," Zirco said as he began to walk away. He passed by Jet and gave him a light slap on the shoulder. "'Ey, you should come with me to the gym. You need to work out, you know. You're super thin," He then looked over to Raijin. "Oy, you should come to the gym to. I bet I can lift more than you," With that, he walked off.

Barabatos looked around before he started picking up plates. "So... I need to go out to get more food. If any of you want to come with me, you're free to, so long as you help me carry stuff. If you wanna stretch your legs, that is,"

And so breakfast was done, and the prison was filled with activity once more. Mr. E waited in the library, reading a book as he waited for his patient. A large chair was empty, and obviously meant for her. Barbatos waited by the entrance of the prison, seeing if anyone would come with him. He had a few large bags slung over his shoulder, and what looked to be a pickup truck waiting in the parking lot. Gil worked diligently on the D-Wheels, making sure they were up to snuff, and Zirco was in the gym, running on a treadmill. And so the day continued...

OOC

Spoiler

Okay, this post is now fixed. i'm expecting maybe two rounds in this, two night time rounds, and then we hit the plot. The PLOT plot. Just to let everyone know where we stand. Sorry for the confusion early everyone.

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

2784Rx2.png?1

So she was free to go whenever? In that case she should just go now. She wasn't very hungry and the half of a bagel that she forced down was already forming an uncomfortable lump in her stomach.

And yet...

Where was she supposed to go after this? There weren't any tasks for her. No direction. So really there was no reason to leave. One place was as good as another, as always, so there's no reason to waste her time moving around only to not have any sort of destination in mind.

So she would sit there. Even once everyone else had left the table she wouldn't move unless prompted.

She hoped they would all leave soon. It was all so very noisy.

As she sat, holding the partially eaten bagel absently, her mind drifted.

The last time she was at a table like this was...at her own home. With her parents.
It was that night. The last night she would see them. They were eating pasta...wait, lasagna. Her father had made it. Her mother had tried to but, as usual, ended up putting in the wrong ingredients. So her father had taken over to try and salvage it. They both laughed about it. They laughed a lot then. Hotaru did too. Though she wasn't sure what was so funny. She was just amused by their laughter.
She was drinking orange juice. It was a big deal. She hated fruits even in liquid form. But she had finally been convinced to try it.
It wasn't very good, like she had expected, but she didn't die, as she also had expected, so overall it was a positive experience.

That was the last time she ever had either lasagna or orange juice wasn't it?

Hotaru glanced at a pitcher of it on the table. She didn't have any reason to force it down this time. She would leave it untouched.

4ys06lN.png

It seemed that after breakfast, there were other things to do. She'd heard talk about D-Wheels besides her own idle question which nobody had actually answered - probably focused on eating something - so perhaps there would be a race? Zirco also mentioned something about the gym, though the exact details escaped her. And Barbatos had to go out for some grocery shopping. Of the three, a food run seemed the most appealing to Natsumi. She'd been in an underground facility for all these years, and it would be nice to get some fresh air after all that time. It would also be a good chance to learn more about any other Signers that opted to join him. Hurrying up with the last of her breakfast, and reluctantly leaving it there like Barbatos had said to, Natsumi stood up and made for the door.

"I'll join you for the grocery shopping."

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"'Ey, you should come with me to the gym. You need to work out, you know. You're super thin."

Originally, Jet didn't want to indulge Zirco in working out with him...just honestly wanted to go back to his room and sleep. But, on the other hand, this was the opportunity to finally speak with the man and actually learn how he worked this out with the summoning of his Duel Dragon. So, reluctantly, Jet answered.

"S-Sure..." he simply complied, standing up after downing the last little bit of his coffee. He quickly followed up behind Zirco, who already walked off, throwing his hood over his head as he finally caught up to the young man. O-Okay...you c-can do this, Hoshimi...just...j-just talk...don't even have to be friends...j-just get information... Jet thought, doing his best to try and convince himself to just speak to Zirco about the Duel that had occurred.

"Z-Zirco...?" Jet finally mustered up some sort of courage...if you want to call it that...and finally spoke. "I...I wanted to know something...h-h-how do you do it...?" He continued to walk with Zirco, but began to look at his right arm and his eyes gazing on the Mark of the Heart. "...you summoned...H-Hot Red Dragon...a-almost flawlessly...h-how the hell...can you summon it...s-so easily...?"

And so breakfast came to a close. Placing a lid on her newly made cup of coffee, Shannon hummed softly to herself as she headed to the door, looking back over her shoulder to call out, almost gleefully.

"Well, I'm off to unpack! If anyone wants to drop in and say hello while I do, feel free to join me!"

With a soft hum, Shannon headed out, heading towards her room. She had many people she wanted to talk to, but they seemed to either be predisposed or sitting silently in the cafeteria. Well, with the exception of her roommate, but she figured she'd see her tonight, if not now. Once she arrived, Shannon would find that another two bags had been delivered during the busy morning, clapping her hands together softly and nodding.

"I knew that Jacob and the others wouldn't let me down..." She smiled, sitting down on the bed she assumed would be hers as she began to unzip one of the bags, producing a nice dress, "Though... I really am going to miss them."

Shannon's near-perpetual smile dropped from her face as she looked at the dress, even so far as becoming a small frown. They were her family. Despite everything, they had been there for her... And, with a few exceptions, they had been very good to her from the moment she arrived. But that wasn't the case for the others, huh? Her mind wandering, Shannon found herself wondering if maybe she was being too gung ho. Even though she felt that way, maybe it... pushed the others away? Did they think she was too pushy already?

Clutching the dress to her chest, her eyes closed tight, Shannon turned away from the door. Anyone coming up probably wouldn't notice, but she shook ever so slightly.

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

The rest of the breakfast had gone... Smoothly? At least, for her. She had managed to eat a couple of platefuls of food, her stomach didn't even complain from the sudden gorging, like she had been expecting! There had been some conversation, and even though there were a few gloomy sorts who had poked into it, it hadn't been enough to really bring her down, exactly. They weren't entirely wrong, Hearthome was going to be a rough fix, maybe in the long run, it wasn't worth it. But... She had already made up her mind. She was here anyway, she had nothing else to do once all this was over...

But for now, she didn't have the luxury of thinking about that far into the future. There were things to be done so that she could prepare for her new 'job' here, and the first thing to do was to unpack her things. She left her assorted plates and bowl on the table, thoroughly cleaned of the food that had been on them, and made her way out towards her room. On her way out, she heard Barabatos mentioning that he planned on taking a little trip out to get more food... The idea of a grocery trip was appealing... Shopping on a full stomach probably shouldn't have been that alluring, but the idea of shopping in general wasn't something she had much experience with. She wanted to see what she could potentially persuade him to pick up...

She made her way back towards the housing floor of the new home, popping back into her shared room as she looked at the single bag that had been deposited on her bed. It seemed the delivery had been finished while they were working on breakfast, she didn't have the time this morning to pack the few things that she had left. Now she could get to work. At least, she was planning on it... Shannon was already back in their room. She coughed gently, "Uh... Hello!"

She didn't want to sneak up on the other girl, that would be rude, but she needed to unpack. She entered the room once she had made her presence known, wandering towards that bag as she began to lay out the things inside of it. There were only a few changes of clothing for her to worry about, each one has inconspicuous as the last, a small amount of self-care objects in a separate, smaller bag (Provided by the previous facility, of course), a few small books that she had collected off the streets that were in varying conditions... And finally, the most important of her possessions, two binders. They weren't decorated or anything, but she opened them up and began to flip through the pages... And card after card were inside of them. Most of them weren't anything useful to her... Or even to her fellow Signers most likely, but with enough patience, she could've found someone who wanted a particular card back in Hearthome.

Her skill with trading... Well, it didn't seem so useful now. She closed the binders and set them underneath her pillow, turning to give Shannon a small smile, "...I think the cook wanted to go take a trip to pick up more food supplies... I'm going to go with, so I'll see you later in the evening, if you're staying here."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

She stepped out into the sun and covered her head with her hand, blocking the sun from her eyes as she took a little look around. Barabatos should've been waiting around here, if he actually intended for anyone to come with... And sure enough, he was there. And so was Natsumi. She hadn't expected the other girl to volunteer to make a run to the store too, but she was already out there and no amount of potentially awkward conversations about the state of disrepair Hearthome was in could convince her to pass up this opportunity.

She waved a hand to the two of them, giving a small smile as she did, "I wanted to see what kind of things this place would have, and I don't mind carrying things to pitch in. More hands the better?"

YxoyLXy.png

Raijin spent the rest of the breakfast listening about Hearthome. It seemed like it was going to shit, from what he gathered, although they seemed to want to fix it with their money. Noble, but stupid, which seemed to be a running theme with these idiots. He didn't really care; sure it was dumb, but it meant that they would do most of the heavy lifting in this operation. The thought of not having to do anything put a smile on his face. As he was sitting there, however...

"Oy, you should come to the gym to. I bet I can lift more than you," The hot head had challenged him to go to the gym with him. Raijin simply scoffed, taking a look at the boy; of course he could lift more than Raijin. He also invited Jet to come too. Normally, he'd tell Zirco to go fuck himself and head to his room, but as he held his coffee a thought came to him. As much as he hated it, he was probably going to at least try and get into some sense of shape - despite his earlier thoughts, he knew there was no way they'd let him get away with not doing anything. With a reluctant sigh, he followed him towards the Gym.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever..." He grumbled, swinging the last bit of coffee that was in his mug before placing it on one of the tables near the door.

Eventually, Raijin met the two boys at the gym. He took of his jacket and hung it on the treadmill next to Zirco and let out a grumble as he stretched his back. "God damn it, I can't believe I'm doing this shit..." He muttered, before stepping onto the treadmill. He set it to the speed of a light jog before starting his work out. Even after being forced to do much more severe things, jogging on the treadmill felt like a chore. He turned to Zirco; there was something on his mind he just had to get out. "I can't fuckin believe your card is called Triple-X Saber!" He said, chuckling lightly. "What kinda name is that!?"

Jb1k7yv.png?1

The girl continued to go about her breakfast, getting up and filling her plate once her pancakes had been finished, sitting back down and eating as others went about their business. It didn't take long for Barbatos to ask the others if they wanted to go on a shopping trip with him into the city. While the idea intrigued Kiyoko, both as she was curious about taking a trip and had an ever present desire to volunteer herself, she still wasn't finished with her business before  her. And so she ate. And soon, others had begun to leave the table. 

Some in regards to this shopping trip. Some simply just because they were off to do other things. All the same, Kiyoko herself just sat there, until she finished her final plate of food. Getting up from the table, Kiyoko looked to see that there was still others sitting around the table. One girl, in particular who seemed to be minding her own business - neither talking nor moving, nor eating or drinking for that matter. As Kiyoko looked at her further, she felt as though there was a distinct offness about the girl, Hotaru, yet in spite of this she hadn't really felt as though the girl was one to leave an impression. Someone who was somewhat odd in appearance yet, left the exact opposite impression that others had. Perhaps that was the source of the odd feeling? Kiyoko couldn't really tell, nor did she particularly care at this juncture. Instead she said, "if you don't like the food you can leave now." Gesturing around she said, "just about everyone else is off doing their own thing." 

"I've only learned recently how to race," Leiko stated simply, shrugging. "It's natural I'd be useless at it. I'll just have to do it more. Not today, though... Our duel really tired me out." She reached down to self-consciously touch the mark on her arm again. Why did it seem to hurt her so much more than Zirco?

But one thing in particular stood out to Leiko: What Barbatos had said. 

"We can go outside?!" she asked suddenly, loudly, not realizing for a second that she was yelling in her surprise. She quickly put her hands over her mouth, reddening, clearly embarrassed. She was quiet for a moment, before eventually asking timidly: "Can... I'd like to go. Please?"

She felt herself looking over to Morodate again, almost silently asking for permission. He scowled, but didn't look up to meet her gaze. She suddenly felt a huge, enormous desire to leave, to get out of the room away from him. She stood abruptly, pushing her plate away.

"Yes, yes... I would like to go with you, please, Barbatos," she said, forcing calmness into her voice. She fell in beside Natsumi, visibly losing tension in her body as she moved to leave the room and follow the man. Follow him out into fresh air.

2784Rx2.png?1

"if you don't like the food you can leave now. just about everyone else is off doing their own thing." 

Hotaru twitched as the girl came up to her. This entire time people had been looking past her yet this girl just came up directly and spoke to her. What was she supposed to do with that?

"This one seems kind of off. Maybe you'll actually get along." Dragonecro said, chuckling. "I don't think she'll just leave if you don't say anything, Hotaru."

The girl let out a ragged sigh and glanced over at the girl. Her hair still covered most of her face so that the only thing that Kiyoko could see was part of her eye and everything on her face from the mouth down. "I...am also doing my own thing, aren't I?" She said, the sarcasm slipping out.

Kiyoko put a hand to her chin as she said this, thinking and looking as if this was actually a sufficient response. "So you are." Nodding she then said, "but it's not terribly productive is it?"

Hotatu wasn't sure she liked where this was going. "No, it's not." She said. After a brief hesitation, she continued, "does that matter? Until we're told to do something we don't have anything we need to do."

Kiyoko gave a puzzled look at the girl saying, "it does. By always being active that means you're always ready for when something does need to be done."

"Unless it happens while you're busy with something." Hotaru muttered. She turned her head back to facing forward, fully obscuring her face now. What was this girl trying to do? Whatever it was it made Hotaru squirm with discomfort. Was this her life now?

Zirco sighed to himself as he stretched, rolling his shoulder. However, before he could do anything, it seemed that Jet was wanting to follow up on what was said at breakfast.

"I...I wanted to know something...h-h-how do you do it...?" The weird boy continued to walk with Zirco, "...you summoned...H-Hot Red Dragon...a-almost flawlessly...h-how the hell...can you summon it...s-so easily...?"

"Well first of all, I summon a tuner monster, get monsters that add up to eight, and synchro summon. Basic math, really," Zirco's sarcasm was as thick as molasses. He paused for a bit before answering directly. "My dragon is particular. It apparently has a person it has chosen, but that man doesn't know it exists. In order to summon it for the first time, I had to give up something. He demanded the memories of the people closest to me... so now I can't remember my parents at all," He explained. "I... I think. Maybe I never had parents and he took the memory of someone else... I... I can't remember...," He sighed as he shook his head. "So yeah, that's how I did it. But seeing how everyone else doesn't seem to have that issue, it's probably different from dragon to dragon," He shrugged. "You'll just have to figure it out,"

Soon, they were exercising, Zirco running on the treadmill. Soon, though, Raijin, the one he challenged to a lifting competition had finally showed up. Honestly, that was good. He thought the guy wasn't going to show up at all. However, he had a nice quip to throw at Zirco first.

"I can't fuckin believe your card is called Triple-X Saber!" He said, chuckling lightly. "What kinda name is that!?" 

"Look man, I'm not the one that made the damn card, it's what's printed on the thing!" Zirco responded. "And I'm just rolling with it. Ask the guys that make the cards!" He shook his head. "I mean, I kinda like the name, but that's besides the point. Anyways, lemme finish this jog and I'm down to clown with the weight lifting,"

Barbatos was... well, he wasn't sure if he was annoyed or just happy to get help. But seriously, all the guys went somewhere else, and so now all the women were going to have to carry the food. Well, it was up to them what they did anyways. When the three had gathered, Barbatos walked out to the parking lot, right by an old beaten up pickup truck, one that was painted a dark blue.

"There's not enough space in the cab, so you all are going to have to ride in the back," He commented as he dropped the hatch, allowing the three to climb into the bed of the truck. When they were all in, he locked the hatch and climbed into the front, the truck starting up and driving away. The ride itself was smooth, with the warm sun in the sky and the wind blowing in their hair. They drove past the roads of Satellite and after about thirty minutes, they ended up in Domino City, pulling into the parking lot of a big marketplace. Barbatos was quick to get out of the truck and let them out. "Look around for things you all want to actually eat, and I'll buy them for you... along with other things on my list," He explained. Let's meet up by the registers in 30 minutes," He said before walking into the store, grabbing a cart and looking at his list.

4ys06lN.png

"There's not enough space in the cab, so you all are going to have to ride in the back."

Not what I was expecting for a ride, but it will have to do. "So be it, then." Natsumi climbed into the back of the truck, and then they were off once the others had also gotten in. She had to admit, it felt nice. The sun on her skin, the wind in her hair, the sights and sounds for her eyes and ears to behold. It certainly beat being cooped up underground all those years. Natsumi could get used to this. Like all good things though, this ride had to come to an end, and the group pulled up and parked at a supermarket in Domino City.

"Look around for things you all want to actually eat, and I'll buy them for you... along with other things on my list. Let's meet up by the registers in 30 minutes."

"We ought to get looking then." Natsumi pulled out a shopping cart as well, starting into the store and making sure Octavia and Leiko were following. "How do the two of you feel about sweets?" she asked, looking up at the signs of the aisles as if looking for something specific.

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

The sun was kinda nice. Being stuck in that testing lab for so long had kinda made her initial reaction to it when she left the lab kind of bad. A lot of trying to duck into the car to get out of it, for example. But now, she was more used to the light from being around the facility, the light filtering in had helped her adjust all over again...

And it was nice to be out in the light when she could tolerate it. While they waited to see who else was going to join them on the trip, no one else actually showed up! It looked like it was just the three of them with Barbatos, "There's not enough space in the cab, so you all are going to have to ride in the back." 

That didn't sound safe, did it? She wasn't really sure, it was rare that she had ever even been near a car, the roads in Hearthome weren't exactly the best for driving on, between disrepair and the gang activity. Either way, she wasn't about to argue with him when she wasn't even sure how often she'd get a chance to leave this place on simple errands. For the foreseeable future, she was going to have a lot of work to do. With the fact that they were traveling in the back, it would've been hard enough to hold a conversation with the wind, Octavia was happy enough to be quiet and just relax. Between the wind and the sun, she almost forgot what a pleasant day could feel like... But like every ride, this one soon came to an end. She climbed out of the back of the truck as she took a look around the marketplace they had come to.

"Look around for things you all want to actually eat, and I'll buy them for you... along with other things on my list. Let's meet up by the registers in 30 minutes." 

Octavia nodded her head to Barbatos as he wandered off to start getting his own goods, turning to look over at Natsume and Leiko as she smiled. At least, she planned to. Natsume was already going off to grab a cart of her own, and she quickly chased behind her as she heard the other girl speak up. "How do the two of you feel about sweets?" 

She paused for a moment, before tapping her cheek, "...You think he'd be alright with us grabbing sweets? I mean... I'd kill for some little snack cakes. There were these chocolate ones, cream in the center, I had once back in Hearthome. But I was never able to get them again."

She glanced back at Leiko, giving her a grin as she waved a hand, "What about you?" She turned to look at the aisles, humming lightly as she narrowed her eyes at them. Eventually she pointed a hand over, "Ah! Down there, Snacks. That's pretty vague, but seems like the stuff we want should be there."

Edited by Kazooie

Shannon had no perception of how long she stood there. Clutching that dress. Her mind her own worst enemy. At one point, Luster had appeared, but as he extended a hand to bring the signer back to reality, a cough from the door distracted the duo.

"Uh... Hello!"

"O-oh, hi," Shannon glanced over her shoulder with a small smile, before returning to her work. What was she doing, letting that stuff in? Rubbish. She was better than that. Of course. When she turned around proper, she found that Octavia had already finished what she was doing, 

"...I think the cook wanted to go take a trip to pick up more food supplies... I'm going to go with, so I'll see you later in the evening, if you're staying here."

"Alright, I'll see you then, Octavia!" The girl replied with a small wave, turning away once more. She had definitely made a wrong impression with how awkward Octavia was, huh? She knew it. Why wouldn't she come across poorly. How dumb could she be.

"Shannon." The voice broke her thoughts, causing her to turn and look at the draconic knight who the voice belonged to, "Breathe. Calm yourself."

"Y-yes, of course," Shannon nodded, "This is what I chose, after all. All of it. Bit late to get cold feet, isn't it?"