Saikazo

advanced rp Yugioh: Project Crimson

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Kiyoko continued to just awkwardly stand there, clearly ready to duel, and watched as her opponent fiddled around with their own duel disk. Once it was on, the blonde girl's zeal seemed to come back to life as she said, "alright. Let's duel!' Drawing the five cards from the top of her deck, the girl looked at her hand. As Hypatia hadn't made any effort to do so, Kiyoko declared, "I'll take the first move." Granted, she had never actually liked going first, but seizing the initiative was always one of the most important parts of battle. All the same, she took the first two cards from her hand, placing them both face down. "I set 1 monster and 1 card face down." As the two card holograms appeared before her, she simply stated, "that ends my turn." 

Hypatia mimicked Kiyoko, drawing five cards of her own. Drawing another as a prompt on her duel disk instructed her to do so. She skimmed the text of the six cards in her hand before making a play. Half of them seemed entirely useless, but then she supposed that’s why she had a card like that one. “For my first play!” Hypatia said with a commanding voice, “I’ll set 2 cards face down and activate Card Destruction!” She sent Creeping Darkness, Prohibition, and Inferno Tempest to the graveyard, and her and Kiyoko both drew three new cards. “Next I’ll activate my first face down card: Allure of Darkness! This card lets me draw 2 cards in exchange for banishing a dark monster from my hand.” With a dramatic flourish she drew and placed a monster into her banished zone. “Then I’ll play Dimensional Alchemist. It’s ability allows me to banish a card from the top of my deck to increase its attack by 500.” She placed the card with the other. It occurred to her that she apparently knew what she was doing more than she had thought she would, and it seemed that she had taken control of the flow duel already. She chased that momentum.

“I’ll activate my second face down card. Nobleman of Crossout lets me banish a face down monster.” A sword flew from the card and pierced Kiyoko’s Ryko, which vanished in a flash of light. “And because it was a flip monster, all cards with the same name are banished from our decks.” A prompt came up on their duel disks to look through the opponent’s deck to confirm. There weren’t any more copies of Ryko in either of their decks, but Hypatia popped an apple into her mouth and took the opportunity to get acquainted her new friend’s cards. “And now, I’ll make the first attack. Dimensional Alchemist, attack her directly!” It formed a ball of shadowy energy in its hands and charged at Kiyoko.

Kiyoko didn’t seem to flinch, neither at the loss of her cards nor as the attack came at her, merely taking the damage head on with the same stoic expression on her face. 

Kiyoko LP 8000 ---> 6200

Hypatia smiled. “I’ll set two cards face down and end my turn. During my end phase, my banished monster’s effect activates. D.D. Scout Plane, return to the field! Your move.”

“Draw.” Pulling the card out from her deck, Kiyoko looked at it before saying, “first, I’ll activate my trap card Glorious Illusion. It allows me to special summon 1 Level 4 or lower Lightsworn monster from my graveyard. And I bring forth the Garoth, the Lightsworn Warrior that was from my hand to the field.” As she called this out, a light shone from the ground a white circle seemed to form. As the light shone brighter, a warrior with a large lance appeared onto the field. “Next I summon Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn, and activate its effect to send the top 2 cards of my deck to the graveyard.” Summoning a man roguish looking man with two curved short swords in hand, he shone for a moment as two of Kiyoko’s cards went from her to her graveyard. The man’s blades lit up with golden light as yet another monster, a large wolfen beast-man with shining golden claws, to appear next to the others.

“Because I sent him to the graveyard with Raiden’s effect, I’m able to summon Wulf, the Lightsworn Beast to my field and Raiden gains 200 attack points. Furthermore, since a lightsworn monster sent cards from my deck to my grave, Garoth sends yet two more from my deck and lets me draw a card. Now, battle! Raiden will attack your Scout Plane, while Raiden attacks Dimensional Alchemist.” At her behest, the two lightsworn moved in to strike. With Garoth bringing his lance down on the plane and Raiden leaving a cross slash across the Alchemist. 

Hypatia LP 8000 ---> 7400

Hypatia watched the scene unfold with a shocked expression. Neither of her set cards would stop Kiyoko. She managed to compose herself to say. “When my Dimensional Alchemist is destroyed I can add one of my banished monsters to my hand. I’ll take back my Chaos Sorcerer.” She had made it sound like a choice to protect her pride as she took the card into her hand.

"I see," the girl muttered to herself. Looking at the set cards on her opponent's field, eyeing them curiously, Kiyoko didn't say anything and instead continued on with her turn. "Wulf, attack her directly!" At her behest, the beast man charged forward, raking its golden claws against her opponent and dealing a great deal of damage in the process. 

Hypatia LP 7400 ---> 5100

"My turn ends with that. During my end phase, Raiden and Glorious Illusion force me to send two cards each from my deck to my graveyard. Then, because of Garoth, I send another two cards to the grave and draw one more." Without missing a beat, Kiyoko drew six cards from her deck and tossed them into her grave. Despite having had to send ten cards to the grave this turn, though, Kiyoko's expression didn't seem to waver in the slightest as she drew the next card. "Your turn." 

As Shannon watched the duel, it seemed that the mood had improved. Leiko managed to stand up for herself, and Zirco seemed like he was enjoying it... And then her arm throbbed. Casting a glance at where her mark was under her sleeve, she knew what was coming. The last of the dragons they had yet to see... What could it be? Excitement filled Shannon even more as she watched with bated breath.

“Hot Red Dragon Archfiend!”

"Really?!" Shannon almost squealed with joy as she watched, a legend before her. It seemed that, much like Jet being chosen by one of the previous dragons... So, too was Zirco. How amazing. How blessed she was to see this...!

The duel continued to fire up. The stakes got higher as Zirco managed to turn the game back in his favor, inducting the demonic dragon into the order of knights! That is, until Leiko seemed to just shut down. It was over in just a few moments, as Leiko refused to continue the duel. Or, maybe, couldn't...?

"Did the nerves get to her?" Natsumi asked. "More importantly, Zirco won't take this win lying down, will he?" 

"Sadly, I doubt it..." Muttered Shannon, "If anything, I imagine this only makes things worse. A shame..."

Hypatia

She had been mistaken about being in control of the duel. Kiyoko had made that exceedingly clear. “I’ll draw!” She took the card into her hand and looked over her options. Two counters she couldn’t use and four cards in hand, while Kiyoko had a board of monsters and cards in her hand to spare. She felt childish for it, so she didn’t let it show on her face, but Hypatia was a little upset. She had, for a brief moment, fantasized that she might be some sort of miraculous card game savant. It didn’t help that Kiyoko was so utterly stoic. Well, not entirely; Hypatia had seen her glance over her face down cards, if only for a moment. She could probably use those to bluff while she went on the offensive. That would only work if she could put pressure on Kiyoko though. She would have to get lucky here.

“I’ll summon Witch of the Black Forest, and I’ll tribute her to use Monster Gate. It lets me reveal cards from my deck until I reveal a monster, then I can special summon it.” She pulled out the cards slowly, with a steady hand, hoping for the one that would turn things around. D.D. Dynamite, Widespread Ruin, Soul Absorption, and… Hypatia threw her head back and let out an uproarious laugh which subsided into an exasperated chuckle. She sighed and revealed the card. “Bad luck! Tsukuyomi can’t be special summoned, so all four are sent to the grave.” She placed them in the slot. There wouldn’t be a comeback this time. “When my Witch is sent to the graveyard she lets me add a monster from my deck to my hand. I’ll choose Battle Fader, and then I’ll special summon Chaos Sorcerer by banishing a light and a dark monster from my grave.” She eyed Garoth disdainfully. “Would you mind removing that thing for me darling?” The Sorcerer obliged, pointing a finger at the Lightsworn without a word. It vanished just as silently. “That’ll be all for me. I end my turn.”

Kiyoko didn’t seem too bothered by the loss of her monster as she simply declared, “my turn. Draw!” Looking at the card in her hand she said, “first, I activate Raiden’s effect once again and send the top two cards of my deck to my graveyard.” As she declared this, Raiden’s blades glowed golden once more as she tossed the cards to her graveyard. However, as she did so, a column of light erupted next to Wulf as she said, “however, because one of the cards I sent to the graveyard was Felis, the Lightsworn Archer, Raiden both gains 200 attack points and I can summon Felis in defense mode.” The light disappeared, revealing a woman with feline features and bow in hand, taking a defensive posture.

Looking at her hand, the girl then felt a strange surge of...something, come over her, as the mark on her arm seemed to glow. She wasn’t quite sure what it meant, but she felt as though it had something to do with the other signers. Still, she could feel something from her own brand, as if her dragon wanted to be free themselves. Looking at her hand, the girl then looked back to the field muttering, “next turn.” Taking a different card she said, “now I tribute Raiden, to bring forth Gragonith, the Lightsworn Dragon!” Raiden turned in a mote of light, from which a white feathered dragon with a golden mane appeared. “With this, Gragonith’s effect activates. For every Lightsworn monster with a different name in my graveyard, Gragonith gains 300 extra attack and defense. Because I have eight such monsters, Gragonith gains 2400 attack and defense!”

As she declared this, the white dragon was enveloped in a large golden aura as its attack went from 2000 to 4400. Looking at the two set cards that Hypatia had, Kiyoko merely powered on saying, “now battle! Gragonith attacks Chaos Sorcerer!” With a golden light gathering into its mouth, the dragon let loose a large stream of golden flame, enveloping the Sorcerer and reducing it to ash.

Hypatia LP 5300 ---> 3100

“Now Wulf, attack her directly!” At her command, the beast man charged forth, swinging its golden claws towards Hypatia.

Even as her monster was incinerated and those claws rushed forward intent to snatch victory away from her, Hypatia couldn’t help but be awe struck. And then there was Kiyoko, standing there with her mark glowing bright. Altogether it was overwhelming; like staring at the sun. She raised her hand to block out the light, but there was another light there, the light of her own mark. She came back to her senses. “When a direct attack is declared I can special summon Battle Fader! Its effect lets me negate the attack and end the battle phase.”

Without missing a beat, Kiyoko stated, “I activate Felis’s effect. By sending it to the graveyard, I can destroy one face up monster you control and send the top three cards of my deck to the grave.” Declaring this, the girl sent her cards to the graveyard as Felis pulled back on her bow. With a golden arrow being formed, the feline archer fired it off, destroying both themselves and the monster at the same time. “I set one card face down and at the end of my turn, Gragonith forces me to send the top three cards of my deck to my graveyard.” Her expression not wavering as she looked to her opponent, Kiyoko sent the cards to the graveyard as she merely said, “your turn.”

Hypatia stared at her mark. She was chosen too, wasn’t she? So she couldn’t afford to look away. Not while there was Kiyoko standing across from her, shining so brilliantly. Maybe she couldn’t beat her, but she could at least take some of that light. “I’ll draw!” And that would be the card to do it with. “For my first play!” She said resolutely, her face made into a mask of confidence. “I’ll use Pot of Greed! It lets me draw 2 cards from my deck!” She pulled them out with an excessive flourish, merely glancing at them out of the corner of her eye as she continued. “Second, I’ll use the spell card Nobleman of Extermination! With this card I can banish a face down spell or trap card and all copies in our decks. And I know just the one.” She flung her hand forward to point at the one set card on her opponent’s field. A thick broadsword flew forth and destroyed the face down Lightsworn Barrier. The decklist came up once again and Hypatia brushed it aside with her finger, staring intently at the cards as they spun across the screen. “Third, I’ll play D.D. Designator! I can guess a card in your hand, and if it’s there it’s banished. If I guess wrong…” She held up the last card in her hand. “Then my card is banished instead. Of course, I won’t be guessing.” She looked at the four cards that Kiyoko had clutched in hers. “Ignoring the 13 cards that you sent from the deck to the graveyard, there are only four cards missing from your deck since the last time I checked. Raiden, Gragonith, Lightsworn Barrier and the card in your hand...  I'll choose Minerva, Lightsworn Maiden.” The cards in Kiyoko’s hand were revealed, floating in the air as a glowing dagger sliced through Minerva. Hypatia smiled, clearly pleased with herself, before closing her eyes and throwing her hand high in the air. “And for my final play!” She brought it down to press a button on her duel disk and placed her hand gently on her deck.

Hypatia LP 3100 ---> 0

“I’ll surrender.” She opened her eyes and looked at Kiyoko. “Wow, I’m a vindictive person aren’t I?” She sat down at the table and ate an apple slice. “Sorry about that.”

Edited by Fearen

Jb1k7yv.png?1

As Hypatia continued to make her play, Kiyoko stood still and watched. And as she flourished, ridding Kiyoko of her tuner, the tail signer seemed to be on guard for what would come next. As Hypatia went for her final play, a look of shock then crossed Kiyoko's face. "What?" Dumbfounded at the play, she could only stare in confusion as the projections of their monsters vanished and the duel had concluded. This confusion then broke into an annoyed glare as the girl acknowledged what she had just done, saying, "what was that?" Kiyoko couldn't quite understand why the girl had gone through with surrendering. Even if the situation was clearly one sided, there was always a path forward to those who kept searching for it. For those who just gave up, "how pointless." Kiyoko muttered to herself as she went to go grab a seat. Sitting herself down at the table, the girl simply kept her eyes closed and the annoyed expression on her face as she awaited the others to come up for breakfast. 

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

Things seemed to be heating up in the duel, but considering that Octavia had... Just gotten here, it really was hard for her to tell what exactly was so impressive about everything going on. Sure, there were a lot of big monsters all of a sudden, but without a reference to how far behind Leiko had been, it isn't exactly easy for her to understand how big the play way...

"That would have been nice, wouldn't it?"

She let out a little chuckle as she rubbed at her shoulder a bit, sitting down as she nodded her head, "...The nicest solutions generally aren't the ones that happen, oh well." She glanced back at the screen as Zirco's turn began, a little sigh escaping her as the duel raged on. Zirco's full summon of that dragon caused her to flinch a tiny bit, her eyes widening as she felt a little bit of a pulse on her wrist, the hand that had been on her shoulder sliding down, grabbing the mark and covering without any thought as she watched the duel rage on. Her hand gripped the mark tighter as that dragon suddenly gained a sword and attacked, the rush forward making her mumble lightly, "He really isn't holding back at all, huh? He really, really did not like the way she was acting, but..."

Just as she said that, the turn ended and Leiko's begun... 

"DISQUALIFY."

And ended, just as soon as it began. The duel came to a close with little fanfare, there were a lot of thoughts running through her head as the final turn of the duel ended, a small sigh escaping her as she shook her head gently, but before she said anything...

"More importantly, Zirco won't take this win lying down, will he?"

"No... I don't think this will go over well with him at all." She sighed gently, rubbing at the mark on her wrist lightly as she did, "Like Shannon said, in the end, it's probably just going to make things even worse... Giving up while doing nothing is one thing... Giving up when you're about to win is another thing entirely."

Tora Mori

GIl rubbed his head with a wrench, thinking. "Well, we have a simulator, but it has... some kinks to work out. Blues said he was coming over tonight to get it fixed up."

Tora said nothing and furrowed her brow. She could hear her brother now, telling her about how they don't need any special tools or simulations to learn how to be good players. "Heck, you don't even need other players! You just need to spend time with the cards, learn what they do, how they work together, and most important get a feel for their heart!"

"Easy for you to say," Tora grumbled to herself. She never got how that worked. Any time she would spend with the cards she always felt like she was getting more and more confused. It wasn't just that the text and effects were long and convoluted-- even when she understood clearly what a card did, she had a hard time figuring out how it worked with the other cards. Hiroto always said that "the cards would tell him what to do", but that never made sense to her. Even when some of the other Signers here talked about "duel spirits", Tora never saw anything. How could a card talk?!

"Itching to duel, huh?" Raijin said, stepping back a bit to stand next to Tora. "Can't blame ya, their duel's even got me motivated."

"I-I just could use a bit of practice, that's all," Tora said sheepishly as she felt herself shrink at the prospect of attention being paid to her.

“Alright, Leiko, you showed me your best. It’s time for me to return the favor!” The duel was still going on in full swing, however. Even though it seemed like Leiko had the duel completely in the bag, Zirco wasn't giving up and still looked like he was absolutely confident he was going to win. What was with these people?!

“Hot Red Archfiend Dragon!”

"Already?!" Tora blurted out, then reflexively covered her mouth as she said so. Zirco had mounted a complete comeback and managed to work a combo out that not only took out Leiko's monster but almost stole the duel from her entirely. Tora could only feel herself burning with more frustration; there was no way she could come up with a move like that. Reflexively and without thinking she reached into the deck-box hooked onto her belt and took out a single card, holding it down by her side as her eyes remained fixed on the duel.

Leiko's D-Wheel had come to a stop, and while they couldn't see much from how far away the camera was, Tora could tell that not everything was okay with Zirco's opponent. "C'mon," Tora said quietly. "C'mon get going! You can do this!"

"DISQUALIFY."

But she didn't. Before anyone knew it, the duel was over. Leiko remained draped over her D-Wheel, clutching her arm tightly. The garage buzzed with chatter from all the spectators wondering what happened and how Zirco would take it. Tora realized that she was holding something and, wondering what it was, held the card she had taken from her deck to look at it.

There, in her hand, was the Duel Dragon she had managed to manifest in the experiments: Mach Accel Dragon. How did it get there?! And somehow, as Tora looked at the card, she couldn't help but feel that the card was staring back at her, with a sort of expecting determination. With a sigh, she replaced the card back into her deck-box and folded her arms.

"I hope she's okay," Tora said to nobody in particular.

"Are you just trying to take advantage of her, boy?" Dragoneco asked, causing Mr. E to raise an eyebrow.

"I am older than both you and her by a lot. I'm actually a bit offended by the notion that I would be trying to do something of the sort," Mr. E stated. "Anyways, hot tub is in the back, and in the other room, there are lockers. The locker with your name on it should have some swimming clothes that fit you. Don't be shy now, okay?" He said as he went back to his book, humming to himself.

Zirco watched as Leiko's D-Wheel refused to budge. He couldn't make out the exact details from across the track, but he did know something wasn't right. Soon, the words disqualified flashed across the screen, and the duel was over. Zirco didn't even get to drive over to Leiko to start grilling her, as the auto pilot kicked in, forcing the two D-Wheels to head back into the garage. Zirco was the first to arrive back, getting off his D-wheel, and waiting for Leiko to come back.

"Oy," Gil spoke up to the other signers, standing up and grabbing the edge of the couch. "If he goes to attack her, help me restrain him, yeah?"

When Leiko's D-Wheel drove in, Zirco took a step forward towards her, but Gil leap over the back of the couch, powersliding across the ground and coming to a stop right in front of Zirco. With a growling sigh, Zirco opted to just fold his arms. "So, you wanna talk about what happened there?" He asked. "You were doing so good and then---," He paused, before shaking his head. "No, that isn't the important thing here. The real important thing here is what are you going to do now? You obviously have the potential with Clear Mind. You forced me to summon my own dragon without summoning your own. That's no easy feat. So, are you going to run away and let others suffer for you, or are you going to fight and improve so others don't suffer any more?"

2784Rx2.png?1

"I am older than both you and her by a lot. I'm actually a bit offended by the notion that I would be trying to do something of the sort," Mr. E stated. "Anyways, hot tub is in the back, and in the other room, there are lockers. The locker with your name on it should have some swimming clothes that fit you. Don't be shy now, okay?"

Dragonecro watched the man with suspicion at his words. Hotaru didn't seem to notice the odd statement. Or rather she didn't care much about what he was saying. She stood around awkwardly, swaying a bit, growing more uncomfortable. What was she supposed to do now? This freedom felt constricting. She could feel it pressing down on her. They expected something out of her. But what? What should she do now that she wasn't being told what to do.

The hot tub.

Mr. E had given her something to do. Why not do it? She didn't particularly want to do it but it was something to do. To pass the time until whatever came next.

She shuffled her way towards the lockers, found hers, and pulled the swimsuit out. She stared at it a bit. Wondered who thought it was funny to give her a two-piece. It was uncomfortable enough the idea of being clothed in less than her dress let alone this.

Letting out a sigh she got changed and went to the hot tub. It was...hot.

She didn't know if she liked it.

But she couldn't say she didn't like it, either.

She soaked in the water and stared up at the ceiling. What came next for her? And what after that? Where was her life leading.

She idly splashed the water with her foot. Unaware of her surroundings as she lost herself in thought.

YxoyLXy.png

"I-I just could use a bit of practice, that's all," Tora said sheepishly as she began to shrink back away from him. Raijin simply rolled his eyes.

"Whatever ya say..." She was a shy one, which would make it a pain to talk to her. He turned his attention back towards the television, leaning against the wall. There wasn't much left to see, however, as it seemed that Leiko was all out of juice. He watched the girl crumple like paper as the system declared Zirco the winner due to disqualification. A bit of an anticlimactic end, but even Raijin had to admit what he saw was pretty intense.

"I hope she's okay," Tora spoke up again, seemingly thinking out loud. Raijin picked himself off of the wall, turning to the two D-Wheels that had pulled in.

"Oy," Gil spoke up to the other signers, standing up and grabbing the edge of the couch. "If he goes to attack her, help me restrain him, yeah?" Raijin simply shrugged, before watching Gil leap and slide to get between Zirco and Leiko. Zirco didn't seem happy, but when did he ever. He tilted his head towards Tora.

"Well, he isn't smashing her head in, so that's a good sign." He remarked dryly, keeping his glance towards the two other duelist. His eyes were focused on Leiko, waiting to see what her response was going to be.

Leiko's eyes slowly fluttered open. She saw the others standing around her in the garage. Saw Zirco. She turned her head away with difficulty, shame in her eyes. 

"I managed Clear Mind... And I couldn't summon a single dragon."

"That's right. You couldn't." Morodate stood in the door to the garage, glaring into the assembled group. "I thought you achieving Accel Synchro was a sign you were ready to accept your responsibilities, Leiko... Clearly I was wrong."

Leiko pulled herself up into a sitting position. One hand still held her arm, though the pain was only lingering, dwindling. She looked through strands of hair at Morodate, expression unreadable. 

"Who said I can't try?"

"What?"

Leiko took a deep, shuddering breath. "I... I owe it to these people... right? To try for what they've all been through... I used Accel Synchro." She looked over to Zirco, uncertainty in her voice. "I can... summon a dragon too, right?" She looked to him for reassurance, hoping against hope that he wouldn't be angry at her. Not again. "One day?"

"You obviously have the potential with Clear Mind. You forced me to summon my own dragon without summoning your own. That's no easy feat. So, are you going to run away and let others suffer for you, or are you going to fight and improve so others don't suffer any more?"

"I managed Clear Mind... And I couldn't summon a single dragon..."

"Who said I can't try? I... I owe it to these people... right? To try for what they've all been through... I used Accel Synchro. I can... summon a dragon too, right? One day?"

Shannon held her comments as the scene unfolded before her. She almost cut in as Morodate spoke to Leiko, but the girl managed to find her voice at that time. It was shaky, and not the most confident, but... Shannon still found herself smiling. She waited until Leiko had finished her bit before clapping her hands together, speaking up before the retainer could cut in again.

"Of course you'll be able to. You're chosen, just like the rest of us, aren't you?"

Shannon motioned to the rest of the group around the garage, before softly placing a hand on Leiko's shoulder. She gave an approving smile and nod to the girl, before giving Zirco the same. She had fully expected him to come out with rage, but she was more than glad to see him overcoming the turmoil in his heart. This event that began in so much bile looked like it might actually lead to the cohesion Shannon wanted.

"We're a family now. Like it or not, we've all been chosen, linked together. So let's make the best of it!" Stepping away from Leiko, she extended a hand to Zirco, offering a shake, "And you're both amazing. So let's not dwell on this negativity, alright?"

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

Walking the halls back towards the rooms, Jet stopped midway towards the room he was occupying, only to prop himself on the wall by the use of his right arm. He was trembling, and of course, his right arm was shaking. This wasn't what he was expecting day one of this little...whatever the hell it was supposed to be called...but he immediately already had one of these individuals in Project Crimson summon up their Duel Dragon, in a flawless manner mind you.

He soldiered on, however, pushing himself away from the wall as he kept making his way to his room. Finally arriving in the room, he trudged towards his bed and just collapsed on it, slowly adopting a fetal position holding his right arm closely to his chest. I-I don't get it! Jet thought, shutting his eyes tightly. H-How can anyone...ANYONE be alright w-with summoning those things...

It was almost like Zirco had no problems with utilizing that cursed card and he honestly didn't get it. Those Duel Dragon cards...these marks they were branded with...how could ANYONE be alright with this? He knew when Zirco approached Blues that he had resentment towards him...and that there was hatred...but if that was the case...why even summon the archfiend dragon? Why...? Why...?

He was broken from his thought processes, as a message was sent to him via his phone. It was the one that Akihiro gave him...more than likely to keep tabs on him. Nevertheless, he pulled it out of his pocket, reading exactly what was said: "Summon Stardust Spark in your first Duel...display to this Zirco, that you aren't someone to take lightly. Otherwise, you know what'll happen."

...typical Dr. Akihiro...s-still hates to be upstaged i-i-in whatever is going on... Jet thought, sighing softly as he wanted to throw the phone, but his body stiffened and another sigh was breathed. The young man only looked at the phone again typed only two words: "Yes sir".

4ys06lN.png

"The real important thing here is what are you going to do now? You obviously have the potential with Clear Mind. You forced me to summon my own dragon without summoning your own. That's no easy feat. So, are you going to run away and let others suffer for you, or are you going to fight and improve so others don't suffer any more?"

"Who said I can't try? I... I owe it to these people... right? To try for what they've all been through... I used Accel Synchro. I can... summon a dragon too, right? One day?"

"Of course you'll be able to. You're chosen, just like the rest of us, aren't you? We're a family now. Like it or not, we've all been chosen, linked together. So let's make the best of it! And you're both amazing. So let's not dwell on this negativity, alright?"

Natsumi had to admit, this wasn't the development she was expecting. The one she had in mind was a bit more violent. Needless to say, she was pleasantly surprised. Everything seemed to be working out in the end, conflict-free and with Zirco and Leiko establishing where they stood on recent affairs. "Don't get complacent though," Natsumi warned from her seat. "We still have a job to do, but given the nature of the experiments it's safe to say we can all expect great things from one another." With this problem solved though, another one was rearing its ugly head.

Namely, the rumbling in her stomach.

Getting something  to eat would be a good idea.

"For now, it's about time we all got ourselves a real meal instead of some popcorn, wouldn't you say?"

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

"No, that isn't the important thing here. The real important thing here is what are you going to do now? You obviously have the potential with Clear Mind. You forced me to summon my own dragon without summoning your own. That's no easy feat. So, are you going to run away and let others suffer for you, or are you going to fight and improve so others don't suffer any more?"

She should've been shocked, honestly. That kind of acceptance of weakness from Leiko was not the direction she had been expecting it to go, not one little bit. She had expected some harsh words, or some... Even throwing something in her vague direction would've been more fitting, but instead, it was as if Zirco was understanding. Octavia raised an eyebrow, maybe it was just because of Gil blocking his path and keeping him from actually getting to her... Who could really say? This was the direction things were going in for now...

Again... Not the reaction she was expecting. She didn't think Leiko had it in her to be so... Resolved. Or maybe Octavia had just lowered her expectations in her head, so something like this was suitably surprising to her. Either way, it wasn't important enough for her to worry over, no, she had more important things to deal with, but first...

"You did fine!" She took a few steps forwards to the duo, a small smile on her face as she did, "We all have moments like that, the fact that you recognize you can do better is more important than what you didn't do... Keep improving, that's all anyone can do."

She couldn't let Leiko get too down on herself at the moment. The girl obviously had the potential, but if she was left to her own devices, her own thoughts... It could get bad for all of them in the long run.

"For now, it's about time we all got ourselves a real meal instead of some popcorn, wouldn't you say?"

"You read my mind! Let's get going, to the food room!" She pointed towards the door with little hesitation, marching off towards it as her arms stretched out into the air, "That snack I had isn't nearly enough to keep my hunger down!"

"I managed Clear Mind... And I couldn't summon a single dragon." Leiko stated, making Zirco narrow his eyes. He didn't like where this was going, but he'd let her talk.

"That's right. You couldn't." Morodate stated. "I thought you achieving Accel Synchro was a sign you were ready to accept your responsibilities, Leiko... Clearly I was wrong."

"Imma 'bout to punch you to," Zirco muttered under his breath.

"Who said I can't try?"

"What?" Both the signer and the handler looked at Leiko in sync, a questioning look on their face.

"I... I owe it to these people... right? To try for what they've all been through... I used Accel Synchro." She looked over to Zirco, uncertainty in her voice. "I can... summon a dragon too, right? One day?"

Zirco's grin was as wide as a banana. "Bet on it. We'll have you summonin' that dragon soon enough,"

"Of course you'll be able to. You're chosen, just like the rest of us, aren't you?" Oh, yeah, the others were here... "We're a family now. Like it or not, we've all been chosen, linked together. So let's make the best of it!" Stepping away from Leiko, she extended a hand to Zirco, offering a shake, "And you're both amazing. So let's not dwell on this negativity, alright?"

Zirco looked at the hand before finally reaching out and shaking it. "Yeah, I had enough of being a flamin' rage machine for one day,"

"Don't get complacent though," Natsumi warned from her seat. "We still have a job to do, but given the nature of the experiments it's safe to say we can all expect great things from one another. For now, it's about time we all got ourselves a real meal instead of some popcorn, wouldn't you say?"

"You read my mind! Let's get going, to the food room!" She pointed towards the door with little hesitation, marching off towards it as her arms stretched out into the air, "That snack I had isn't nearly enough to keep my hunger down!"

"Bitchin', Barbatos's cooking is amazing," Gil said as he walked towards the D-Wheels, looking over them. "You'd think someone with his caliber of cooking would have gone to school for it or somethin', but nah, he's just a simple huntin' man. Y'all enjoy it," 

"Well, I hope it lives up to your praise," Zirco said. "Let's eat, the hothead take a lot outta me,"

Ending Theme

cihezf4.png

10:00 AM
The signers had all been gathered up, and brought back to the meeting room where they all first met, except the room had been transformed.

The table now had a large white cloth over it, and silverware at every chair. The center of the table had clean plates stacked on top of each other, surrounding the tables were four bars, each filled with all sorts of food, ranging from cereals, to bagels, to apples, and even chicken noodle soup. There was just a large abundance of breakfast items (and chicken noodle soup) filling each bar.

Barbatos stood in the back of the room, looking mighty proud of himself as Mr. E sat by the table at what looked like an old school desk.

"Go ahead, eat whatever you may like!" The white haired magus called out. "But please, try not to talk shop during of breakfast. There will be plenty of time afterwards for Signer things. Please, just enjoy your food and get to know each other," He said with a smile. Zirco shrugged, walking over and grabbing a plate before walking to the bars and stacking the food on high.

Tora Mori

As the duel was wrapped up, it looked like Leiko had managed to get out of the situation uninjured, and for that Tora breathed a sigh of relief. The others surrounded her, both in support and also in an effort to keep Zirco from escalating the situation any further, but this only helped to make Tora feel guilty for not feeling comfortable doing the same. She just met these people a couple hours prior; of course she would feel hesitant to join in on something like that. That's perfectly normal and acceptable, right? Things seemed to cool down regardless, and everyone was expressing their support to Leiko, who seemed uncertain of her ability to summon a Duel Dragon at all. But she just did an accel synchro summon; if there was anyone here who could summon a Duel Dragon, it had to be her. Right?

Tora pinched the bridge of her nose. It was only morning and already it felt like it had been a long day. Just as the discussion turned towards the breakfast that was soon to be upon them, Tora had already left the garage to make her way to the meeting room.

Thankfully, even in the roughest of times food had been a good distraction from her thoughts. Tora's eyes lit up as she slowly scanned the lengthy buffets filled with all sorts of different breakfast foods (and chicken noodle soup).

"Go ahead, eat whatever you may like!" The white haired magus called out. "But please, try not to talk shop during of breakfast. There will be plenty of time afterwards for Signer things. Please, just enjoy your food and get to know each other."

Even before he had finished talking, Tora had already sat down with a sheer mountain of waffles drenched in syrup, digging in and stuffing her mouth and making no sound beyond a very satisfied hum. If there was anything that would make this whole ordeal worth it, Tora thought in that moment, it had to be that.

2784Rx2.png?1

Hotaru wasn't sure how long she had been there when suddenly she was being told to go elsewhere.

"First you tell her to relax then you tell her to get moving. Make up your damn mind." Dragonecro grumbled. Hotaru didn't mind much though. It wasn't as though she was particularly attached to where she was at the moment.

Still she waited until she was alone again before making her way out of the water. She halfheartedly dried herself off and slipped her regular clothing back on.

The dampness made the material cling uncomfortably but she didn't do anything to fix it. Instead she simple made her way back to the meeting table once again.

It was filled with food. The strong smell, pleasant to most, gave her a queasy feeling in her stomach. She felt a tight, uncomfortable, feeling that she knew would soon become painful unless she did something about it.

With a sigh she slipped her way towards the table, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone, and pulled a chair back. She winced at the loud, to her, noise the chair made and silently sat down.

Keeping her hair over her eyes and looking straight forward she reached out and grabbed a bagel and began taking small bites out of it. She hoped that this breakfast thing would be over fast. Then she could...go somewhere else?

Maybe it would be better if this just didn't end at all. Then she wouldn't have to think about what she'd do next.

Jb1k7yv.png?1

Kiyoko had simply sat there in silence, for the remainder of the time that she and Hypatia had spent there. She didn't talk to the woman, nor did she seem to do much of anything but sit and mull over her own thoughts. This did not break as the food was being set around them, nor the plates being set at the table, though Kiyoko's gaze could be seen drifting towards the food as she sat there. Eventually, the rest of the signers had entered the room as well as Mr. E and, at his prompting, the group began to get their food. 

Grabbing her own plate, the girl filled it out with an no more or less than what would normally fit on the plate. Sitting down, the girl silently began to eat her food, slowly but steadily as had the rest of her comrades. Not quite looking to anyone else, the girl's expression didn't seem to waver and didn't seem to offer any insights as to what she thought of it. She merely calmly, and silently ate. When she was finished, the girl stood back up from the table, and filled out her plate yet again before sitting back down. Beginning to eat once more, the girl then looked to the rest of the signers. As there had been nothing but silence so far, the girl looked to Zirco and Leiko. "So, how did things go?"

msc0pXW.jpg

iU8EggM.png

His time in his room was short, but before he was basically dragged out to eat, Jet was able to get some rest. However, now being in meeting room, Jet was for those who noticed...was dragging along at this point. With a strong yawn, he rubbed his eyes greatly. S-So much...for actually getting...some sort of sleep... Jet thought, his eyes squinting slightly at the bright lights, which made him immediately toss his hood on.

"Go ahead, eat whatever you may like! But please, try not to talk shop during of breakfast. There will be plenty of time afterwards for Signer things. Please, just enjoy your food and get to know each other."

Wait. This man was allowing them to eat whatever they wanted here? There wasn't any strict diet that they had to follow, unlike how he had to deal with while under Akihiro's care. Jet thought this was almost too good to be true, but he didn't immediately dive in, unlike Zirco, Tora, Hotaru, and Kiyoko. He was obviously hesitant...but he definitely had to move when he heard a massive growl coming from his stomach. He moved his hand to his stomach, sighing in defeat at this point.

"G-Guess...guess I need to eat..." he muttered, shuffling towards the spread of food, grabbing a plate and started putting food on it. He hadn't had much of this before, due to some sort of scientific mumbo-jumbo that Akihiro was working with for a strict diet for his charge. However, most of this food was stuff that the scientists had a lot of and from the word of mouth...they were amazing delicious.

Plus, there was one more thing he needed. Once he put his plate down, he moved and grabbed a cup, proceeding to fill it up with plenty of coffee. This here was definitely one thing that Akihiro allowed him to consume. After all, he had developed narcolepsy (or whatever the scientists diagnosed him with) and this was definitely the thing to give him a jolt of energy to do things. With a quick sip, Jet sighed out in relief as he made his way back to his area of the table...proceeding to eat...and in...well, quite the messy manner. Not like he could really help it, this was how he was in the orphanage, and since there were more people he was stuck with...he just wanted to make sure he'd get his fill.

M-Mmmm...t-this is...this stuff is delicious! he thought, feeling sheer delight in eating most of this food. If this was something he had to look forward to...maybe this wouldn't be too bad.

4ys06lN.png

"Go ahead, eat whatever you may like! But please, try not to talk shop during of breakfast. There will be plenty of time afterwards for Signer things. Please, just enjoy your food and get to know each other,"

Natsumi had to admit, the array of food laid out for the signers was impressive. She'd even go so far as to call it luxurious, not that she'd say so out loud. While most others seemed content to wolf down their food like some sort of animals, or take way more food than necessary, Natsumi filled out her plate with a modest breakfast of eggs, milk, toast, and a banana. A balanced diet was a critical step toward a balanced life, after all! Among the others, there was one Signer in particular Natsumi wanted to know more about.

"I already introduced myself, but my name is Octavia. I also have a Mark of the Heart, and my dragon is Number 82: Heartlandraco! I'm from Hearthome City."

That one.

Octavia, from Hearthome City. To the best of her recollection, she was the only Signer from that place besides Natsumi herself. Octavia had also been the first of the two to request that they talk to Mr. Kaiba about the atrocious state of the city after this job had been taken care of. Getting to know her better was a personal goal at this point. And so, Natsumi scouted out the room for Octavia in particular, and upon finding her, made her way over. After a bite of toast, Natsumi started the conversation in a rather to-the-point fashion.

"Unless I've forgotten someone, we seem to be the only people from Hearthome within the project," she started. "Let's say we succeed at our job and are given sufficient funding to restore the city to a tolerable state. What would be the first thing you do to start it back on the proper path?"

Octavia
»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Go ahead, eat whatever you may like! But please, try not to talk shop during of breakfast. There will be plenty of time afterwards for Signer things. Please, just enjoy your food and get to know each other."

That's what Octavia liked to hear! No need to talk about work or what's about to happen in their future, just pure food. She ran her way towards the piles of food collected in front of them, her eyes widening a tiny bit as she did. The mountain of food was more than she could have ever imagine and it was showing as she rushed back towards their table to grab a plate... And a couple of bowls. She scrambled her way towards the collection of food, humming happily as she poured a bowl of cereal, one that was sugary and delightfully terrible for anyone eating it. After that, she slid a bit further down the line, making her way around the bars as she piled food onto her plate quickly. All the traditional breakfast foods were finding their way onto that plate, and as she slid around to the final hot bar, she filled the second bowl she had grabbed up with a healthy serving of chicken noodle soup. 

"This is what I needed..." She almost immediately began to eat, swapping between things with almost no delay, before grabbing her drink and taking a big sip of it. She let out a relieved sigh as she took a break from eating for a moment, her eyes closing with contentment, "Alright... I dunno how so much food got made so quickly, but I'm not complaining."

She grinned as she started to chow down on the soup next, her spoon clinking against the bowl for a moment as she closed her eyes. A little sigh escaped the girl as she enjoyed the warm soup, taking a little glance around at the others as they collected their food. 

"So, how did things go?"

Right in the middle of her taking a bite of eggs. Luckily, she didn't think that question was directed at her, so she didn't need to stop eating just yet, she could just keep chowing on down on the food... At least she thought she would get that opportunity. After a bit of time, another one of the group had started to eye her up, making their way over towards her. She blinked as she gulped down her food, raising an eyebrow as she tried to remember the girl's name... Natsumi? The introductions already felt like they had been ages ago...

"Unless I've forgotten someone, we seem to be the only people from Hearthome within the project," she started. "Let's say we succeed at our job and are given sufficient funding to restore the city to a tolerable state. What would be the first thing you do to start it back on the proper path?"

She blinked as that followed up a bite of toast. It was certainly straight to the point, but that was a heavy topic to talk about. Especially right over her chicken noodle soup. She rubbed at her neck for a moment, a small hum escaping her as she started to slide some food around on one of the two plates that she had snagged, "...The first place I would start is taking over the old gang I was a part of. Position is power back in Hearthome, you can get more of the everyday folk to listen to you if you have the ability to protect them, that's what my dad used to say. Money lost some of its importance to them, but I could use it to bring food and things back to them, if I have the power to do it."

She took another bite of egg as she shrugged lightly, "There's no point in trying to focus on rebuilding as long as the gang wars are still going on... But then what would you start with?"

2784Rx2.png?1

Hotaru sat there, nibbling idly on the same bagel, as she listened in on the conversations around her. She didn't really want to but that was all there was to do as a distraction.

"Let's say we succeed at our job and are given sufficient funding to restore the city to a tolerable state. What would be the first thing you do to start it back on the proper path?"

There it was again. Those two girls. Talking about fixing things. Hotaru listened in a bit more intently after that. She started running one hand through her hair nervously. Why was this conversation making her so uncomfortable? They were just a couple of idealists talking about a ridiculous dream. As if any of them had any chance to dream...

"There's no point in trying to focus on rebuilding as long as the gang wars are still going on... But then what would you start with?"

"There's no point in trying at all." Hotaru blurted out in her gloomy, barely audible, tone. Her fingers paused in the middle of going though her hair and she trembled slightly as she realized that she was engaging in conversation. Maybe if she just kept staring straight ahead they would ignore her.

But she couldn't stop herself from glancing to the side, at the two, every few seconds. Stupid. So stupid. What was she doing?

"Go ahead, eat whatever you may like! But please, try not to talk shop during of breakfast. There will be plenty of time afterwards for Signer things. Please, just enjoy your food and get to know each other."

With breakfast beginning, a good amount of the group had rushed ahead to grab food... lots of it. Did they not eat at their facilities? That must be the case. From what Shannon could tell, few or none of them had cooperated with the tests going on. She couldn't fathom why, but it didn't matter much. If this food could bring them a small joy, best to just leave them to it, right?

Shannon, however, opted to just grab a raisin bagel and a packet of cream cheese, along with a cup of water. With a quiet hum, she cut the bagel, then smeared the cream cheese onto it before setting it down on the plate. Silently, she placed the palms of her hands together in front of her face, letting her eyes close softly, a peaceful look on her face. A quick, quiet prayer over the food that each of them were eating later, Shannon began to eat her modest breakfast, content to listen in to what else was going on around her. That was, until one particular question was asked.

"So, how did things go?"

"Why, far better than anyone could have hoped," Shannon gently wiped at her mouth with her napkin, gently placing it in her lap before she continued to speak, "Leiko and Zirco are both blessed with being chosen and having lots of potential. Why, it was a shining example of what our new family is capable of!"

Shannon beamed as she finished speaking, returning to her bagel, oblivious to the fact that the question was directed at Zirco and Leiko.

YxoyLXy.png

Raijin came stumbling out of his room, annoyed. He hated being awoken, especially when he was being dragged outside. Still, he couldn't be too mad - he was pretty hungry, after all. Greeting him was a large array of foods, most of it breakfast, with a significantly high amount of soup for some reason. When he showed up, everyone had already gotten their plates and filled them with food. Sheepishly, he followed suit, slowly filling his place with breakfast foods. This was more than they had fed him back at the facility, although he was never one to eat all that much. He gave the chicken noodle soup a quizzical glare as he passed by it. "But... why?" He thought out loud, before walking past it without a second thought. Once his humble breakfast was assembled, he made his way towards one of the seats.

When he sat down, the people around him were talking about rebuilding something. He wasn't sure what they were talking about, but one comment caught his attention. "There's no point in trying at all." It was the gloomy girl - Hamtaro? No, that wasn't it. Whatever it was, Raijin couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the comment.

"She's got the right idea." Raijin said, taking a bite off of his pancakes. "What are we talkin' about?"

Leiko looked like a little bit of a wreck. Her eyes were slightly bloodshot and she looked very small sitting next to Zirco at the table. She had taken a small amount of food, even though she was famished, eating it slowly and methodically, looking like she was about to fall over. She felt exceptionally tired. The duel had drained her, especially towards the end when Red Dragon Archfiend Hot Red had been summoned. She still felt phantom twinges of pain in her arm every couple of minutes, twitching at the sensation each time. 

It took her a second to even realize she was being talked to when Kiyoko inquired about their duel. She kept eating, spending several seconds before blinking in surprise and looking over distractedly, after Shannon had already begun speaking. Acting like it was a rousing success or something.

"It wasn't simple as all that," she admitted, looking back to her plate. "I still surrendered, Shannon. I couldn't bring myself to face the Duel Dragon." She reached out to grab a bagel, turning it round and round in her hands as she slowly pulled it apart, eating each small piece one at a time. "Morodate is right, I'm not ready for this... Yet. I still have a lot of work to do to catch up with the rest of you. Even with Clear Mind."