Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

whIkgqw.png

Of course that Valerie chick was the first one to tackle the course.  The girl was too peppy, upbeat, and sporty to not even think about going first.  It made Misu sick.  Misu sat back, in her gym attire, her jacket zipped down halfway in an attempt to disrupt the dress code in any way she could.  She had barely been paying attention to most of the class' attempts, mainly only taking a second to gauge what their quirks could do.  They were all a pretty capable bunch for the most part, but they didn't stand a ghost of a chance against her.  If only she cared about all of this.  She sighed, tipping her hat down.

"Good grief."   

Diana was the last one to go, giving a solid run at the courses, but ultimately falling above average.  She slapped Yuuka on the back, giving them some encouragement.

"Go get 'em!"  The girl sang.  However, Misu stepped up through the crowd. 

"As if.  It's my turn now."  Looking back at Yuuka, she gave him a sharp glare.  "Any complaints?"  She walked off before waving him off.  "Send 'em to my house.  Ask for the 'yasnoozeyalose' residence."  With her hands in her pockets, she strode up to the punching bag.  She often found herself at the Arcade when she skipped school before all this hero crap, but she was banned from using this kind of machine.  However, it didn't look exactly like the real deal.  "So you're tellin' me I can go all out on this thing?  It ain't gonna break, is it?"  She asked, looking to Ms. Hitotsume.

"Go ahead and try, if you can~!"  The teacher said, her mouth forming an O-shape with anticipation. 

"Well don't foot the bill to me if it ends up happenin'."  Misu groaned.  She cocked her fist back, taking a deep breath.  She hadn't let loose in some time.  "Time to let off some steam, then."  With the bag in front of her, she envisioned that Kess' girl's face smack dab in the center.  With just that image, her arm swelled up, as vapor seemed to arise from every pour in Misu's arm.  Her veins started to grow visibly, as a slight hissing could be heard throughout the air.  Misu took a step forward, twisting her hips, and smacked the bag with a mean right arm.  She winced, as her fist made contact with the bag, as a small boom could be heard reverberating between the two.  Once the bag stopped swaying, the score that read was higher than any score prior.  She looked back to Val with a raised eyebrow.  Steam was let out from her mouth as she talked.  "With some leftover in the tank."  

Next was the obstacle course.  She tapped the starting line with her toes, looking at the warped sloping wall in front of her.  This wasn't as much a test of speed as it was stamina.  However, Misu bolstered most of her bodies muscles with steam, as it was clearly visible rising from her skin.  She dashed off with a strong first step, clearing the wall in no time.  However, the next obstacle proved to be more difficult.  When she went to stick to the walls after the launch pad, the sweat that had aggregated in her hands made her slip and fall to the ground.  With a grunt, she went back to the trampoline, and wiped her hands off on her shirt.  With a little more effort, she made it over the obstacle in no time.  The parts that made her test her muscle, and grip strength were no problem to glide through.  However, the ones that required balance required more time on her end.  After all was said and done, her time was stacked in the middle of the students.  She shrugged, as she continued towards the targets.  

She stared them down for a while, her eyebrow twitching in frustration the whole time.  

"It's okay if you can't do this part, you know~?  We're all better at some things than other's~!".  

Misu spat on the ground, as she placed her hands close together.  She stuck them out, as she concentrated.  The steam from her hands started to rise, and at the boiling point, Misu let loose!  However, the only results were two hand shaped puffs of mist that shot out from her hands.  With another shrug she left the range.  She rolled her shoulder a bit and sighed.  

"What a drag this was."  She looked at the rest that hadn't done the tests, before rattling a fist.  "Well?!  Come on, I ain't got all day!  You wanna get sent flyin'!?"

ohSLUWk.png

As it turned out, the time difference between America and Japan was the hardest part of this endeavor, with a 13 hour time difference between them and all. He knew his dad still had one from his old hero-ing days and was just too lazy to have Uncle Ron unplug it and move it away, so all he had to do was find one for himself. Thankfully, the school did have a fax machine, all he had to do was figure out the best time for both the school and his parents.

So after some talking with the teachers, he found himself in the school on Saturday at 11 AM, waiting for the fax machine to start up. As he did, he dialed his father's phone number, keeping it to his ear as he waited for his father to pick up. It took a few rings, but soon he heard the voice that shaped his life.

"Hey son, what's up?" Herc blinked a bit. It sounded like his dad was exerting himself, panting a bit. It was night....

"Did, did I call at a bad time? Am I getting a sibling?" Herc half joked, half asked.

"Oh, yeah, since you went to school and your sister went to Uncle Ron's for the weekend, your mom and I have just been going at it, you know? She couldn't wait to have some of that beetle di---,"

"Okay dad, no, please, stop. Please," Herc nearly begged, causing his dad to laugh.

"I'm kidding kiddo," Was the reply. "I'm actually doing some community service right now," his dad explained, causing Herc to nod. Yeah, that made sense... however, what didn't make sense was his dad suddenly shouting at somone... "Watch your six, rubber boy!" Before Herc could question it, his dad answered. "New kid, he's not used to this yet. Anyways, what did you need?"

"Yeah, well, I think I'll call mom... I just had a permission slip I needed signed, and I thought you'd be at home,"

"Alright then. Talk to ya later kiddo. Love ya,"

"Love you to Dad," Herc said as he hung up. He then quickly called his mom, and soon, had his permission slip sent. Faxing wasn't a fast process though, and he was stuck there for another hour until he got his paper back, all nice and signed. This was good. Now, he could take another step in becoming a real hero.

The day had finally arrived, Friday was here, and they were doing quirk evaluations. Val wanted to set the bar... which she did do by default going first. Yuudai had taken off his shirt, to which Herc joined in the call of "Exhibitionist!" with Itsuki. They got a warning but hey, teasing friends was always fun. Everyone else got through their tests relatively easily and creatively. He figured that maybe---

"What a drag this was." lIt seemed Misu was getting impatient. "Well?!  Come on, I ain't got all day!  You wanna get sent flyin'!?" Well, he did see everyone he wanted to, so now was Herc's time.

"Alright, alright, hold your horses, I'm goin'," Herc commented as he started to move. "Time to go wild and show my style!" He headed over to the shooting range, and with a smirk, took a wide stance, letting his left arm hang loose while his right arm was tense and hovering over his hip. He was obviously trying to invoke the image of a cowboy as he shot his right arm up, pointing his finger at a target and saying "Bang!" However... nothing happened. Which is exactly what he expected. Just had to get the easy one out of the way before he moved on to wow the crowd.

Next thing he took was the obstacle course. He looked at the warped wall in front of him, cracking his knuckles. Everyone had their creative ways of overcoming this course, but no one would do it as easily as him. After all... he had a bit of a cheat code. Instead of rushing up the wall, trying to get to the top the fastest and best way he could... he simply walked up it, using his ability to cling to surfaces to allow him to take it at a leisurely pace, even at a direct 90 degree angle. The rest of the course was just as easily overcame, using that oh so useful bug clinging to make it across the obstacles. However, it was obvious that despite his ease of finishing the course, he couldn't actually do it quickly due to his bulk, and so he had the slowest time of everyone that made it. 

Finally, the moment he had been waiting for, the punching bag. Now, Herc had done cool things like picking up cars and stuff, but he never gave something his absolute best punch. He took a deep breath, excitement and a bit of anxiousness filling his body as he got into a stance. He wound up, before unleashing his attack.

"Atomic... Beetle... Punch!!" He called out in an attempt to be funny and calm his nerves. His fist made contact with the bag, a boom similar to Misu's resounding through the room... but there was another horrible sound, a metallic scrapping as the machine was pushed back from its spot. It didn't go too far, but it did indeed move at least half a foot away from its original position. That was not what Herc was expecting to be honest. He was so overwhelmed by his own strength he didn't even catch what his number was. He was too busy staring at his fist in awe. "I didn't even know I was that strong," With that, he went back to the others, a grin on his face. "So how do ya think I did?" He asked to no one in particular.

"Well, it's been quite some time since I've heard someone other than a teacher praise me for that. But, something to that effect Yamauchi-san."

Katsurou laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his head.

“I apologize if I come off that way. I was hoping that if were that studious, I might be able to ask for help on the lessons”

"The lessons in class are all well and good, but I think there's also lessons that we can learn from one another that are worth taking notes on, but the notes for class are still worth taking as well."

Katsurou took a moment to look at the two notebooks, one filled with notes on their fellow students and the other about the lessons. Katsurou managed to read a few scattered passages on Hibiki and her quirk before turning back to Yuuka, trying not to appear nosey.

“Making notes on classmates? Well that would be the first time I’ve heard of someone doing that. Do you happen to have any notes on me yet?” he said, leaning in slightly, “Or perhaps on that girl who was expelled?”

Looking around, making sure no one was eavesdropping, Katsurou continued.

“I’ll admit, her anger and talk of striking fear worries me a bit. She reminds me too much of...cruel kings...I pray that I am simply too cautious.”

Leaning back and putting on a pleasant smile, Katsurou spoke more clearly.

“Either way, I hope that I will have a friend and study partner in you Itou-san. Pardon me, but I will need to catch my train home. Have a good evening!”

---

Katsurou gently closed the front door behind him, hoping not to wake anyone sleeping. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness of the interior, he could hear faint, indistinct talking and a pale blue glow coming from the tatami room, indicating that the TV was left on. With his permission slip in hand, he slowly opened the sliding door to the room to see if his uncle was still awake.

As he peeked into the room, he saw his uncle, covered in a blanket and snoring softly, slumped over the table and silhouetted by the glow of the TV, which was showing the evening news.

“He must have just finished his shift…”

As quietly as possible, Katsurou tiptoed into the room and slid the permission slip onto the table in front of his uncle. However, as he did, his shadow crossed his uncle’s face, causing him to stir and mutter.

“Hrrmm...Shiori…? Is that you…? Food’s in the...fridge….”

Katsurou let out a small sigh. His clumsy attempt at stealth was not enough to pass the keen eye of his uncle. He did not want to wake him before his next shift at the station.

“No Uncle, it’s Katsurou. I’ll just leave-”

“Ahh...Katsurou my boy! Welcome home! How was your first day at hero school? Have a seat, let’s talk!”

His uncle patted on the cushion next to him as he sat up straight and removed his blanket from his head, revealing a messy head of black hair and a face covered in stubble. Despite his bedraggled appearance, he had a wide smile across his face. Katsurou couldn’t help but laugh as he took a seat next to him, ready for an evening describing every detail of the day. It was almost an hour of describing all the details of the day before his uncle’s curiosity was satisfied. Seeing his opportunity, Katsurou presented the permission form to his Uncle.

“Uncle, this is the permission slip for the in-field hero training. I would be honored if you would sign it for me.”

With a face that initially showed hesitation, his uncle took the paper and read it for a moment before he started beaming. Unable to contain his excitement, he suddenly jumped up and gave Katsurou a big hug.

“Of course I’ll sign it! I’m so proud of you! You’re going to be a hero!”

When his grip loosened, Katsurou could’ve sworn he saw the glint of tears on his uncle’s face.

“Katsurou! Go out there and make us proud!”

Seeing his uncle’s beaming face, glowing with pride, Katsurou could not hold back his own tears as he returned the smile.

“Of course uncle! I will do my best!”

---

When Ms. Hitotsume entered the room announcing Quirk Evaluations, Katsurou was ready. Ever since his uncle learned of the in-field training, he had taken Katsurou out for training every free moment they had. As he changed into his gym clothing, he felt his muscles ache from the training, but instead of the anxiousness that would normally overcome him, he felt calm. Picking up his orb, he gave it a few practiced manipulations before entering the gym.

The course set up in three sections: a target range, a force sensor and an obstacle course. As his fellow students each went up, he could not help but marvel at the variations of Quirks before him. From fire manipulation, enhanced strength, conjuring barriers and gravity orbs, all of the powers before him were impressive. However, when the feelings of insecurity began to creep in, Katsurou knew that it was time for him to prove himself as well. Muttering a quick prayer, he stepped to the front of the class after Herc finished his fantastic strike on the bag.

“You did very well Coleo-san. I hope that I may be as impressive as you!”

Taking on the obstacle course first, Katsurou clambered over the smaller obstacles, his orb floating close behind. However, it was only when the first truly difficult obstacle presented itself, the sheer wall, did Katsurou use his Quirk. With a smooth motion of his hands, he shaped his orb into cylindrical hand holds that allowed him to clamber over it with ease. After that, most of the obstacles were defeated by a combination of strategic handholds and simple clutching his orb as it floated over the obstacle. Despite the strain of using his Quirk so quickly and strenuously, Katsurou maintained an expression of calm conviction.

Next, Katsurou took on the target range. Holding up his hand in a swift motion, his orb flew into the range. As each criminal target appeared in view, Katsurou shot the orb into the body of the target with lightning speed, flowing from target to target in smooth curves. Katsurou’s own movements flowed as gracefully as the orb did, almost as if he were dancing.

However, by the time he reached the force sensor, his fatigue had caught up to him. His steps had slowed significantly, his breaths were heavy, and his orb floated close to the ground as he took his place in front of the punching bag. Taking a moment to catch his breath, Katsurou stared at the target before taking a stance. Grabbing hold of his orb, he reared up and threw it like a baseball pitcher. The moment the orb left his hand, it shot forward much faster than someone his size would be able to throw it normally, colliding with the sensor with a dramatic crash. While it did not push the sensor back nearly as far as some of the others, Katsurou could only give a wide smile of tired satisfaction to his class.

“Hopefully I did not disappoint you all!”

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka shook her head as Katsurou commented on his notes on her and said, "not really, no. I apologize, but for the most part, I only have notes on things I've seen or the things you've all said. But I look forward to seeing what you can do in the future." It was then that conversation had turned to Kessandra and how she had done with her answer. Yuuka put a finger to her chin as she thought about it, and said, "well, you have a point there. Most of the other answers were about helping others in some capacity. Hers however was more in line of defeating others." Thinking on it for a moment Yuuka the continued, "I suppose the end result is the same, and she certainly seemed as passionate as someone like Ms. Clark was. But, that difference in mentality and selfishness in approach, well." The girl closed her notebook as she finished, "it either leads to the worst kind of hero, or the most dangerous kind of villain." 

Her somewhat grim expression from their talk had made way to a more pleasant one as she gave a wave to Katsurou. "Well, I hope I may be of service to you then. Pleasant meeting you Yamauchi-san." Once that conversation had finished, Yuuka stood up from her chair and packed her bags. It had appeared that everyone else had already done so, and as per her own norm, Yuuka was the last one to leave her classroom. 

Walking outside, the girl got to her bike, unlocking it and getting aboard it. Pedaling down the street, the girl began her long trek home as she had the thoughts of all that had happened today. Speeding along, the girl muttered to herself, "what does it mean to be a hero?" Kessandra's answer hadn't been the only one lacking, she had known, it was just the one that had stuck out the most. As the other's answers continued to play in her head, the girl eventually gave up on the line of thought and merely smiled to herself. 

She couldn't wait to go back tomorrow. 

Opening the door to her home, a much more mellow expression on her face as she did so, the young girl simply called out, "I'm home." 

"Oh, home already Yuu-chan?" 

Yuuka had a look of surprise cross her face as, after taking off her shoes, she made her way quickly to the living room where the voice had come from. Looking at the  silver haired woman in a suit, seemingly exhausted as she was lying face first on a table, she looked over to the young girl with a smile on her face. "Mom, what are you doing home?" 

"Well, I couldn't just miss my precious daughter's first day at a new school could I?" Sitting up, the woman's smile broke into a sigh as she said, "well, that's what I'd like to say. Really, my meeting just got pushed back to tomorrow so I had some free time."

Though her face briefly broke with disappointment, it quickly righted itself to her usual smiling expression saying, "well, glad that you're home." Sitting down on the couch, placing her bag there, the girl sifted through it before presenting her mother a pen and the paper. "Here, I need you to sign this. It's for a class field trip."

Taking it, the woman kept her eyes on her daughter as she said, "oh my, a trip in the first week? And here I thought my daughter was going to a dignified private school." The girl turned her eyes away from her mother, yet despite her teasing, the woman signed it without really looking further at the paper. "Here you are." Presenting the paper, Yuuka took it and simply stowed it away. "Sooo, are you gong to tell your mother about your first day, Yuu-chan?" 

Putting her finger to her chin, the girl smiled as she said, "well, it was fun. We just had an introduction to most of the subjects we'd be learning about." 

Sighing, the woman said, "sounds like loads of fun." Perking up, she smiled and said, "oh, how about your classmates. Any of them...catch your interests yet?" The woman raised an eyebrow as she awaited her daughter's response. 

Putting a finger to her chin she said, "well, there's a beetle and a bat. The bat can scream really well too." The girl figured they were the most unique of her classmates. 

Her mother, however, looked shocked, simply saying, "Yuu-chan, I think we need to talk about your taste in men." Yuuka merely tilted her head to the side, confused. 

The day continued to pass by as the two talked a bit and watched television, only for Yuuka's mother to make her way to the kitchen, and come back with two steaming cups of ramen. "Here you go, mother's house special!" Placing it in front of her daughter, the two went about their business, slurping down the cup noodles before the woman started again saying, "sorry I couldn't make something more grand for your first day. But they gave me extra hours to work in the morning, so I've gotta be up bright and early." While she seemed to keep up her upbeat attitude, the woman's facade momentarily broke way to one of fatigue. Perking back up the woman said, "I'll be out long before you have to go, so do you want me to wake you up?" 

With a smile on her face, Yuuka waved the notion off saying, "don't worry about it. I haven't been tardy yet, and I don't plan on starting to this year either."  

The woman laughed as she made a pinching motion at the air next to the young girl's cheek saying, "of course, my daughter is so reliable after all. Well, I'll be heading to bed now. Good luck with school Yuu-chan." Getting up from her seat, placing the empty cup of noodles on the table, the woman began to make her way to her bedroom, giving a wave to her daughter. Yuuka  began reaching out her hand, but stopping short she merely smiled and waved back to her mother. Once the door had shut, Yuuka merely let out a sigh and took out her notebooks, flipping through the pages of each of them.

Yuuka was certainly eager to begin the quirk evaluations that were going on. Not necessarily because she was eager to show off her own quirk - in fact it most certainly did not seem suited to her at all. However, this did mean that she would be able to see all of the hero-to-be's quirks at full display. Of course, being on a field such as this, the girl couldn't exactly tote around all of her notebooks out here. As such, the girl had an intense look of concentration on her face as each student went up to the different trials, examining each of them and trying to burn everything about what they did and how they did it into her memory. 

As she felt the pat of her teammate Diana, the girl smiled and said, "well, I'll do my best." Stepping up, it didn't particularly matter which order she did them in, and so the girl went with what would take the least time to most. As such, the girl was punching bag test. Stepping up to the bag, the girl took in a deep breath, cracking her knuckles as she would her fist back up. Throwing an awkward punch, the girl hit the bag as hard as she could, and the results certainly showed it. Pulling her hand back, shaking it out a bit after punching the bag, it was revealed that Yuuka did...as expected. 

Results - Average (for a female her age) 

Next was the shooting range. Looking at the targets, Yuuka thought about how she would go about this. There wasn't exactly anything for the girl to use as she was just to rely on her quirk, and so the girl decided to give it her best shot with just that. Taking yet another deep breath, the girl focused on the liquid in her palms, as it slowly turned to mist and slowly gathered into a small ball. Winding back, and pitching it like a baseball, the girl through it at the mock villain targets. The ball itself wasn't aimed at any of them in particular, nor was it aimed that great, but it didn't have to be. As it got to its destination, the small ball exploded into a cloud of mist, that lingered around the targets as it enveloped a large radius. Of course, as they weren't living villains, her mist didn't seem to do anything at all, but Yuuka still seemed to have a satisfied expression her face. 

Results - Hit All of Them (but didn't really do anything to them) 

Yuuka brought herself to the final trial in this evaluation. An obstacle course. Without saying a word, the girl merely got into a runner's starting position and began to sprint up the hill before her. While Yuuka didn't seem to be the athletic sort, her body was that of the honed academic. Having never been one to use public transit to get to place, Yuuka had always elected to walk or run places then take a bus or train. As a girl who prided herself on a perfect attendance record as well, this meant that she mornings where she had not waken up at the perfect time (more often then she'd like to admit,) were filled mad morning dashes. As such, her stamina was forged by the fires of the academia, with her legs having been honed to cross many a hill in record time. As such, when she took off to run up the hill at the start, she had managed to rush up it and clear the first of the obstacles in surprising (but not too impressive) time. 

As the girl continued onward, she had but the second obstacle to clear next. One that required the person to walk between two walls, using the whole body to keep themselves balanced between it and shimmy through. Naturally, Yuuka had the body of a honed academic. And so with plenty of stamina to go, she was  in no danger of getting tired between these walls. However, the majority of her arm strength had been built up from carrying copious amounts of notebooks where she went and always writing down in them. As such, she had something akin to noodles for arms in terms of raw strength, as she attempted to keep herself suspended between the two walls. Her first attempt, she botched it, slipped and fell. Her second attempt, she managed to get her hands and feet between the walls, but it was clumsily  done and so she fell once more. Her third attempt, she managed to keep herself stuck between the two walls. While this was certainly a step forward in the right direction, Yuuka couldn't actually move forward and so just hung there. Until she started to slip and fell down once more. 

Result - Failed at the second hurtle (but hung on admirably) 

The rest of the week went by smoothly as they were learning the same old things as normal, even got to play baseball with a couple of old school friends on Thursday. However, the start of the second week of school was going to be an exciting day for sure as the class was going to have their quirk assessments. Ms. Hitosume presented 3 different areas in which the class was to be doing, a punching bag, a shooting gallery of sorts, and an obstacle course. It seems simple enough, but it was a little overkill with the obstacle course, but that is something that heroes would face an everyday situation if it arose to it. As each classmate went and did their assessments, Taro was watching carefully on how each of them did the obstacle course as that may be his weakest one outside of the other tests. Each had their own way of getting across, some with their quirks or just their physical prowess to get through it. However, watching is easy, it would be implementing it is going to be the challenge. Better save the course for last.

Soon after Katsurou and Yuuka were done, Taro stepped up to the plate to show his physical feats were going to be put to the test as his quirk was not really suited for any of the tests, especially the target gallery. Unless he got a big boulder to throw, but sadly, there was none in sight. A no show for the targets to say the least without a projectile quirk of some sort to present, “Sorry, nothing from me for the gallery.” Up next, the bag was also simple enough as it was, hit as hard as you can, how hard could that be? Wanting to get at least a good strike at it, Taro ran and lunged into his punch as his fist made contact and continued through to get the full effect of the swing. His score was. . . Average. Good enough, for now.

Finally, the obstacle course, it should be easy if he copied what some of his classmates did, at least the ones that didn't use their quirk to get through it. Coming to the wall, he ran towards the slope and jumped up touching with the tip of his fingers on the ledge, but tumbled backward as his feet his the slope. Taking a deep breath, he ran for his second attempt. . . and fell again, and again, and again. Taro wasn’t getting the jump he needed off the slope to get a good grip on the ledge until he finally grabbed onto it. . . but lost his grip and tumbled back down. These attempts seemed to last a while before Taro yelled out in frustration “SCREW THIS!!” He went up to the slope, put his hand on it, compressed the ramp, and walked to the step- trampoline before throwing the ramp back with it just a little off center from its original position. No need to struggle with that any longer than needed to if he couldn't get over it through his normal strength, and everyone was using their quirks as well so it was fair to do so. The course after that was relatively difficult with the glass walls and the fingertip bars, being the harder ones of the bunch, and just being tired and sore from the sloped wall. Nevertheless, he got through it with only that little mishap at the beginning, a few slipping from the bar ladder and fingertip bars, which resulted in sore hands in the end.

whIkgqw.png

After an incredible display of her Quirk, Misu was taken aback by one of the next students, Herc.  He had managed to recreate her devastating blow, but to a more explosive extent, almost knocking the entire machine off of it's feet and into oblivion.  So there were others here to be wary of in terms of raw strength.  Misu's muscles tensed up at the mere thought of having a bout with the Beetle kid.  If only he weren't such a freakin' spaz.  After everyone had ran the three part course, Ms. Hitotsume walked in front of all the students, with her hands clapping together.

"Incredible, everyone~!  What a fantastic range of quirks you all have~!"  She stopped clapping, as she lowered her glasses to scan the students.  "But as you can see, their are areas each of you need to improve upon!  Whether that be sharpening your reflexes, improving your raw capabilities, or even figuring out how to make up for lacks in your quirks~!"  She flexed her own arm, as a large heap of muscle bulged from the fabric of her outfit.  "As heroes, we cannot rely on quirk alone!  Your entire body is a weapon, and it needs to be sharpened like one!"    It made sense to Misu, but she was sorely lacking in the reflex department.  After all, that flunkee Kess was able to get the drop on her.  "Now, class is dismissed for the day~!  Use the rest of the day to prepare for the Hero Training next week~!" 

As Ms. Hitotsume left, Misu walked up to Herc, poking at him quite forcefully.  

"You're strong, huh?"  She said, as she kept poking.  "I like that.  You'll make a great gangster.  Stay out of my way and we'll get along just fine."  She said, as steam began to rise off her shoulders.  As she began to walk away, she turned around and waved to Hibiki.  "Hey!  I'll see you this weekend!  Don't forget, or I'll send you flyin', 'kay?"  She smiled, as she walked away, giving Valerie quite the smug grin as she walked past.  Now she couldn't wait for Monday.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

That Monday

The students were gathered in the classroom for attendance, before being directed outside where two buses waited for them.  Due to unforeseen family circumstances, Lesnar was pulled out of the class, and Kess had been expelled.  Waiting for them outside was a tall, firm-standing, purple-haired man with a clipboard in his hands.  He wore a dress shirt, with suspenders and a tie, as he let out a deep huff.  Ms. Hitotsume rallied to his side, as he bowed before the students, his dress shirt almost ripping at the seams.  With a smile, Ms. Hitotsume gestured towards him.  

"This is Mr. Hiwari.  He's not a teacher, but he will be a chaperon for today's excursion.  Please be respectful of him, even though he's not a teacher."  Ms. Hitotsume stepped aside, as Mr. Hiwari raised himself.  

"You can go ahead and call me Spring Lock.  That's my hero name.  My old man here is the Principal, so I've got high hopes for what his pupils are capable of."  He took his clipboard and smacked it with the back side of his hand, the cracking noise making Misu flinch a tad.  "Today you will be splitting into two teams.  Team 1 will consist of the following: Suda Hiroharu, Katsurou Yamauchi, Diana Seigi, Valerie Clark, Misu Yoshino, and Yuudai Shiba."  Ms. Hitotsume then scanned the clipboard and smiled. 

"That means the rest of you are headed with me!  Let's have a good, safe session today~!"  She said, pumping her fist into the air.  The left bus was loaded onto with Spring Lock's student's while the other was loaded with Ms. Hitotsume and the rest.  The two buses parted ways, as they headed in opposite directions from one another.  After enough time had passed, the students with Mr. Hiwari would see that the scenery had changed from a cityscape to a more natural surrounding.  Trees erected themselves higher than one could see. 

"This is Ewok Forrest.  It's a national state park, untouched by civilization.  However, we've heard reports from park rangers about a strange presence within the forest.  We might be dealing with squatters, but let's see what we can scrounge up."  As they unloaded off of the bus, the were met with the serene sounds of nature.  The sound of rushing water could be heard nearby, while the birds harmonized in the air above.  Misu had never experienced nature in this way before, prompting her to look all around to gather everything in.  Spring Lock went to a park ranger to talk, whilst the others were left to walk around.  "Don't walk out too far now!  We don't know if what we're lookin' for is out here!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

"We're here~!!"  Ms. Hitotsume sang out to the students.  "Now get off the damn bus."  She groaned, as she departed from the vehicle herself.  They were met with a pretty run down city, where windows were boarded up with metal sheets and planks of wood.  "This is Dagoba District.  There's been a recent rise in gang activity, so we're gonna take out some trash."  She spat on the sidewalk, as she carefully looked down each alleyway.  During an inspection of one alleyway, however, a gunshot rattled off, and Ms. Hitotsume sprang her head back with a smirk.  The bullet ricocheted off of a metal plate, and flew off into the sun.  Three hoodlums, decked out in tank tops and baggie shorts, sported three different kinds of weapons.  One had a chain, another had a gun, and one had two knives spinning in his hand.  

"Hey, you might wanna scram.  This town ain't made for kiddies."  The one man gave Ms. Hitotsume a creepy smile, and licked his lips.  "But we'd be glad to give a hottie like yourself the tour of the town."  Ms. Hitotsume's brow twitched, before looking down on the three.

"Scumbags..."  She sighed, before turning back to the students.  "Beat these guys up before I kill them, please~."  

ksARFRH.png

"Hey! I'll see you this weekend! Don't forget, or I'll send you flyin', 'kay?"

"Of course I won't forget!" Hibiki retorted. Did Misu really think she'd miss something as important as getting her permission form signed? That was a pretty bold assumption on her part.

Saturday afternoon...

It was time to go home for the weekend! Hibiki had already phoned home saying she was bringing a friend over, and from the sound of things, they had no problem having a guest overnight if it came down to it. Her train was supposed to be arriving soon though. As such, Hibiki nudged her way through the crowd, looking for the distinct, relatively-towering-over-everyone-around-her figure of Misu. Even if she knew what she was looking for though, seeing it was a different issue with her eyesight. Combined with the bright lights on the ceiling and all the idle chit-chat filling the station, and it was quite the disorienting experience. However, in the end, finding Misu wasn't all that tough, since even if all she had to go off was shape, Misu was very big (but not as big as Herc) and had big fluffy hair.

"Heeeeeeeeeeey!" she called out, waving her hand in the air and heading toward Misu.

"Yo! Chibi Hibi! I've been lookin' for you but you're so damn small!" Misu laughed.

"It's a good thing you're so big then," Hibiki laughed back. "We'd never find each other if I was looking for somebody like Yuuka instead." Hibiki then handed Misu her train ticket. Round trip all the way down to Kyushu. "Here you go."

"Thanks, squirt!" Misu snickered, as she grabbed the ticket. "So how long's the ride? Mind if I take a snooze?"

"That's fine. I might take a little nap along the way myself. If the train gets here and arrives home on time, we should be able to get to my place just in time for dinner."

Saturday evening...

The sun was setting over the sky. The train ride had gone without a hitch, Hibiki and Misu were now on a completely different side of the country, and there was a permission slip ready to be signed in the former's hands. It was just a matter of getting home now, which was almost done.

"And everyone's super-nice," Hibiki continued, turning the corner as her house came into sight. "Mom and dad don't like Quirks much, which can be a bit awkward sometimes because..." Hibiki flapped her wings to get the point across, in case it wasn't already clear enough. "But just because they don't like them, doesn't mean they don't like people who have them! They still backed me up when I decided to join U.A. so getting them to sign this should be a cinch!"

"What are they? Some human genome purists?" Misu spat on the ground, her eyebrow twitching. "My dad writes about those types..."

"No no no, nothing that severe! They're just kinda wary about them is all. Quirks are still pretty new after all, and while heroes are there to stop them, there are still people who want to use these amazing powers for bad things." Hibiki pulled her phone out of her pocket for a short moment, sending a text to her parents quickly explaining that she was here now. She'd been told earlier that the door would be unlocked, but it still felt polite to say something before barging in, even if it was her own home. The house itself was nothing extraordinary, looking pretty average overall. Two stories, lights on, and if Hibiki's ears weren't mistaken, the sounds of rushed footsteps inside. Misu probably couldn't hear it.

More importantly, something smelled tasty. A hasty breakfast plus only snacks on the long train ride here left Hibiki as one hungry girl. Whatever was inside, she wanted some. She opened the door, only to immediately be met with a girl running forward to wrap her arms tightly around the bat girl. "It's been borin' as hell without you here!" she exclaimed.

"Sorry about that," Hibiki responded, returning the hug, wings flapping happily. Turning her head back to face Misu, she clarified "This is my twin sister, Hikari!" Despite being her twin though, there were some differences in their appearance, similar though they looked. Hikari was taller, and her facial features weren't as sharp. Not to mention she lacked Hibiki's bright red eyes and features related to her bat Quirk. Otherwise though, they were perfectly identical, as if seeing Hikari was a glimpse into what Hibiki could have looked like without a Quirk.

"You gotta be that friend she was tellin' us about," Hikari observed, casting her glance at Misu. "She told us yer a big girl, but I didn't expect someone this tall."

"Yeah. I get that a lot." She groaned. "So what? You ain't goin' to the same school as your sister?"

"All that hero stuff don't suit me. Even if it did, goin' all the way up there would be a drag. Quirk's not all that great either." Hikari removed one of her hands from Hibiki's back, holding it out for Misu to see. It was tough to tell, but as long as she was paying attention, she could see Hikari's hand glowing. And that was all there was to it. "I wanna be a lawyer or somethin' instead. But enough standin' out here, we've got food waitin' to be eaten!" Letting go of Hibiki and leading the way inside, she continued "Ma got that big promotion at work the other day, so between that and Hibiki makin' it into UA, we got pizza to celebrate once we heard she's home for the weekend."

"For real!?" It sounded like these were great times for the Himura family overall, and not just for Hibiki! A meal of good food, lively conversation, and plenty of joking around ensued, and before anyone knew it, the food was all gone. While Hikari was getting Misu familiar with the house and showing her where she'd be sleeping, Hibiki had other things to do. She'd brought her mother aside, handing her the permission slip to do hero stuff. "I need you to sign this for school stuff," she explained.

"Let's see here..." She looked over the paper, her thumb tapping on the counter. Hibiki had missed that distinct tink, tink, tink sound, not realizing it until just now. "It seems awfully dangerous."

"Being a hero is dangerous work. But we have the teachers backing us up, and my friend Misu is really big and strong too! I've been training my own Quirk too, because I'm a bit behind the curve. I'll be fine, I promise!"

"Hmmm..." She didn't seem convinced. Turning her attention to the man currently washing the dishes, she asked "What do you make of it, darling?"

"It's dangerous work, no doubt about that. Your mother has a point, Hibiki; she's pretty familiar with danger after all."

"But..."

"However, we also knew what type of work you were looking to get into the moment we approved you going to UA. It's a bit sooner than I'd like, but it may be good for her to experience the real work for herself, dear. That way, she'll be all the more used to it by the time it's time for her to become a hero herself."

"...I hate it when he sounds reasonable," her mother sighed, pulling a pen from her pocket and signing the form. "But don't get yourself hurt out there! If you get seriously injured because of this hero stuff, I won't hesitate to pull you out of the school. By hand if I have to."

"Got it. Thanks for signing!"

"And who knows? If you do well enough, maybe someday you'll start bringing crooks right to my doorstep! Ahahahahaha!"

Monday...

After a fun weekend back home, it was time for more school stuff. She'd made it back to the dorms yesterday evening, handed in her permission slip this morning, and while it was kind of last-minute, Ms. Hitotsume said it still counted! Score one for Hibiki! Today the class was being split into two groups to do field work. One group - which included both Misu and Suda - was going to work with the principal's son, while the other group had been brought to the Dagoba District by Ms. Hitotsume. Hibiki had seen these types of neighborhoods on TV before, but never expected to end up in one herself. It was a bit creepy, if she was being totally honest. They were here to deal with gang activity though, and Hibiki had no intention of disappointing.

"Scumbags... Beat these guys up before I kill them, please~."

That almost sounded like something her mother would say.

"Heroes aren't supposed to kill people!" Hibiki exclaimed. More concerning though, was that these guys were armed. One of them even had a gun! If she tried to rush them down, she'd probably get shot. To avoid getting herself injured, Hibiki moved herself behind Herc. He was the biggest guy and probably the toughest. Maybe he was bulletproof? Or bullet-resistant? "If you can get them distracted, I can bite the guy with the gun really hard," she whispered, having to get up on her tiptoes to even somewhat reach Herc's ears.

Edited by Yui

On the way home Valerie was silent, reflective, as she stared down at her hands. She had thought she was farther ahead than that. The tests weren't difficult. She thought she had breezed through them easily. But almost everyone managed to complete it without too much trouble. They even surpassed her in some ways.

Her hands clenched into fists. She couldn't let that happen. She was slacking. She'd have to do better next time Valerie had to be number one.

"Today you will be splitting into two teams.  Team 1 will consist of the following: Suda Hiroharu, Katsurou Yamauchi, Diana Seigi, Valerie Clark, Misu Yoshino, and Yuudai Shiba."

Valerie glanced over at her current "teammates". Several of them had shown impressive physical feats already. Meaning that today she'd have to be sure to go extra hard to make up for it. "Alright team, let's show em what we're made of!" She declared as she made her way to the bus.

A bus which took them to...a forest? She looked at the man with them warily. He seemed strong. But she couldn't really judge him based on that. That Diana girl seemed small but she had shown some serious strength before.

She shook her head as she watched the trees grow closer. Who thought it was a good idea to send her into the woods? She couldn't go all out here at all. As much as she hated to admit it it looked like today she'd have to take it easy.

"This is Ewok Forrest.  It's a national state park, untouched by civilization.  However, we've heard reports from park rangers about a strange presence within the forest.  We might be dealing with squatters, but let's see what we can scrounge up."

Hearing the sounds of water nearby Valerie perked up. "I'll go check out by that river. If ya need me for anything just follow the sound of the water!"

That way if something happened she could dive into the water and hopefully prevent disaster. Confident, if not satisfied, with her plan the girl took off at a jog in the direction of the water noises.

Katsurou cheered on Yuuka and Taro as they the course, despite the fact that their Quirks were not very helpful. However, when they did use their quirks, it was clear to him that if they were creative, they could achieve what raw strength could not.

"Incredible, everyone~!  What a fantastic range of quirks you all have~! But as you can see, their are areas each of you need to improve upon!  Whether that be sharpening your reflexes, improving your raw capabilities, or even figuring out how to make up for lacks in your quirks~! As heroes, we cannot rely on quirk alone!  Your entire body is a weapon, and it needs to be sharpened like one! Now, class is dismissed for the day~!  Use the rest of the day to prepare for the Hero Training next week~!" 

“Yes, it is true that I rely on my Quirk quite a bit. I am not sure if Uncle will be able to teach me how to fight though... ” he thought as he got ready to return home for the day. While he was not the weakest person in the class, he stood among giants. He just hoped that if he needed their help, they would decide to help him instead of brush him aside.

---

Much to his chagrin, Monday came much quicker than Katsurou had expected. Unfortunately, his uncle had to be at the fire station until Tuesday, leaving Katsurou little time for anything outside of homework and tending to the needs of his cousin and himself. As he waited by the buses with the rest of the class, the creeping sense of unpreparedness started to grow in the back of his mind. 

Would his lack of physical ability be his downfall? What if he was unable to use his orb or, God forbid, it was lost or destroyed? Before these thoughts consumed him, he looked for the familiar faces of Taro and Yuuka, hoping that he would be able to confide his doubts with a friend. Before he could, the teachers began announcing how they would divide the class.

"Today you will be splitting into two teams. Team 1 will consist of the following: Suda Hiroharu, Katsurou Yamauchi, Diana Seigi, Valerie Clark, Misu Yoshino, and Yuudai Shiba."

Katsurou was disappointed that neither Yuuka nor Taro were on his team. Not only was he apart from friends, but his teammates were among the highest performers of his class, making him worried that he might end up being dead weight for his team. However, Valerie’s enthusiasm would help him stop worrying, at least for the time being. 

---

As the bus reached its destination in a forested area, Katsurou could not help but feel a little nostalgic. Despite the fact that he was brought here for serious hero work, he couldn’t help but lose himself in the idyllic surroundings. He had not had the chance to spend time in nature other than the humble city parks since he left Hokkaido. The sounds of singing birds and the burbling of nearby streams wonderfully complemented the warm rays of sunlight piercing the canopy of the ancient trees, reminding him of the hills of that island he called home. 

Following the stern instruction of Mr. Hiwari, Katsurou did not stray far from the bus and simply gazed into what seemed like an endless stand of trees as old as time itself. He noticed that he was not the only one enjoying the forest, seeing Misu in a rare moment of awed silence. He thought that maybe this would be a good opportunity to set aside his reservations of his fellow hero. Perhaps she was not as bad as she looked?

“Nature is truly a wonderful gift to us all, is it not Yoshino-san? Hopefully we will be able to stop whatever is threatening it here.”

c8vVeoJ.png

The Quirk Evaluations had come to an end, and Ms. Hitotsume had dismissed them for the day and this was informative to Yuudai, at least being able to learn about each of his fellow classmate's Quirks. However, before Yuudai began his trek back home, he made his way to the principal's office. He was determined to talk about that being that was in that lab area during the Entrance Exam...and the one that Napalm struck at. Unfortunately, it showed that no one was in the office, which included the principal himself.

With a defeated sigh, Yuudai made his way back home. He needed to take the weekend to mentally and physically prepare for Monday.

HQiOaTA.png?1

Monday came rather quicker than he was expecting, but nevertheless, Yuudai was prepared and ready to do whatever he could today. The students gathered in the classroom before Hitotsume led them out and towards two buses. Along with her, was a new individual: Spring Lock, as he wished to be called. Apparently this was the principal's son, which surprised Yuudai. He wasn't even aware the principal had a son, but still, this new information did put a smirk on the young man's face. After all...if this was the principal's son...maybe he was pretty strong.

"Today you will be splitting into two teams.  Team 1 will consist of the following: Suda Hiroharu, Katsurou Yamauchi, Diana Seigi, Valerie Clark, Misu Yoshino, and Yuudai Shiba."

"That means the rest of you are headed with me!  Let's have a good, safe session today~!"

So...my team consists of... Yuudai thought, glancing to the individuals that were mentioned for Team 1 that would be working Spring Lock. He knew the basics of each Quirk of his fellow teammates, save for Diana. Aside from not knowing anything...it's obvious she's strong. So a team with...roughly...three strong individuals. He counted himself in this, but only as the 'roughly' comment.

With the teams set, Yuudai filed onto the bus that Spring Lock directed towards, almost immediately putting in his earbuds to listen to some music. He knew one thing: wherever they were going to go...it would most likely take a long time. He needed to listen to something to pass the time.

His head resting on his fist as he stared out the window of the bus, he could see the modern city landscape slowly shift into a forested area. It appeared to Yuudai that his group would be tossed in a forested area for their little work. Though he did have to wonder if that was a good idea, given they had a girl that could go from zero to furnace in a moment, but he figured U.A. knew what they were doing. He could feel the bus' momentum slow down to a halt, as the students began to file out of the bus, causing him to remove his earbuds and follow suit.

"This is Ewok Forrest. It's a national state park, untouched by civilization. However, we've heard reports from park rangers about a strange presence within the forest. We might be dealing with squatters, but let's see what we can scrounge up."

Yuudai crossed his arms slightly while hearing Spring Lock explain the situation of what they were here to deal with. They would be hiding in a state park? Kinda odd to think about...given it's a national park. Still, maybe it's just some delinquents or something...maybe nothing too large.

"I'll go check out by that river. If ya need me for anything just follow the sound of the water!"

The young man's concentration broke as Valerie spoke up and mentioned she'd be over looking at the river. He watched her walk off, sighing a bit. Obviously no one else is going to help assist...sheesh. Yuudai thought, before motioning towards the already walking off Valerie. "I'm going to go with her. Better two people stick together around here." he said quickly, before jogging after Valerie.

"Hey! Wait up!"

PysLiPD.png?1

Suda felt like he had been waiting for this Monday his whole life. They were split into two different teams for the field trip, his team having some of the more interesting classmates in it. He gave his group one glance, grinning from sheer excitement. He followed Spring Lock into the bus, watching as the other bus seemed to part ways from them. He could only wonder where the other bus was going, but he didn't have much time to imagine as he saw their bus take a more natural route. Before he knew it, he found himself in a forest. Spring Lock explained that they were in Ewok Forest, looking for a strange presence. Suda took the time to appreciate his surroundings. He was so used to the city life, skylines littered with neon lights and buildings - this was a nice change of pace. Suda shook his head. This was no time for site seeing; they had a job.

He saw that Val and Yuudai were going off to go investigate the river, while Misu and Katsurou were chatting up as they looked at the forest. "Groups of two, huh... that's a good idea!" Suda said to himself, turning to the rest of the group. "We should split into groups of two and look around." He smirked, pointing his thumb towards himself. "I'm gonna go deeper through the trees..." It was then he noticed that the only person left in the group was Diana. "Huh, I could have sworn we had more people..." He said, before shaking his head. He turned to Diana. "...ya comin' with?"

Edited by A Crap Guide to Reptiles

mVvsZap.png?1

With the big day having been upon them, Yuuka had been nothing short of ecstatic. On the bus ride to where each group was going, the girl simply swayed back and forth in her seat, humming to herself as they made their way to their destination. As the stopped at their first destination, Yuuka merely waved goodbye to her fellow students and the new hero that had been with them, as the group made their way to the next destination. 

As she got out of the bus, the girl looked with stars in her eyes to the district they had ended up in. It was run down. It was old. It looked poorly maintained and like it was almost forgotten by the rest of the city. All in all, the district didn't look like a place anyone wanted to live in. Which meant that it was probably the perfect place to find any amount of villainy. And with villainy there was need for heroics. 

Yuuka was quite thrilled to see both professionals and her fellow students at work, and was even more so to see actual thugs walk up and try to intimidate them not too shortly after they got there. The girl had an almost dreamy smile on her face as Ms. Hitotsume told them to deal with the thugs, and even more so as she saw Hibiki go to speak with Herc about a plan of attack. Yuuka was quite interested to see what they would come up with, but she knew that the two of them also had more up close quirks. The other two in her group probably weren't much more ranged themselves. All the same, the girl looked towards the beetle and the bat expectantly, awaiting to see what they would pull  out against the thugs. 

"This is Ewok Forrest.  It's a national state park, untouched by civilization.  However, we've heard reports from park rangers about a strange presence within the forest.  We might be dealing with squatters, but let's see what we can scrounge up. Don't walk out too far now!  We don't know if what we're lookin' for is out here!"  

Diana sighed as they arrived at their location, not too pleased with her team. Katsurou was nice, Valerie seemed cool, Yuudai existed, but there were... certain others she would rather not be with. Hopefully they would be able to branch off and investigate in groups, even if it wasn't too far.

And, wouldn't you know it, two groups immediately formed, with one heading to the river, while the other stood to the side chatting. Which meant, Diana was going to be left with...

"Groups of two, huh... that's a good idea!" Suda said to himself, turning to the rest of the group. "We should split into groups of two and look around." He smirked, pointing his thumb towards himself. "I'm gonna go deeper through the trees..." It was then the boy noticed that the only person left in the group was Diana. "Huh, I could have sworn we had more people..." He said, before shaking his head. He turned to Diana. "...ya comin' with?"

"I guess so," Diana muttered, any fire she had for the exercise snuffed out. Even Misu would have been preferable to Suda, but this is where she ended up. She walked past him, heading into the treeline first. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe. "Let's get a move on, then."

The weekend after evaluations went by as Taro practiced a new magic trick and took time to do some rigorous exercising after that sloped wall completely humiliated him. On the day of the field trip though, Taro felt inclined to pack some extra things with him and a jacket with extra pockets as he doesn’t know what the trip would entail. Better safe than sorry, especially if you are doing hero-work with the professionals.

As everyone got to school, the class was soon divided into 2 groups. A majority of the class went with Pro-Hero Spring Lock, son to the principle of all people, while the rest went with Ms. Hitotsume to the Dagobah District, a very rundown district. Upon arriving, she started to debrief the group about how the area was a cesspool of gang-related violence until they were interrupted by such people. 3 older adults that fit “hoodlums” more than gang threatening Taro’s group to scram. Looking at his class, Herc could take them on no problem just from his size and power, however, Taro was not going to sit by and let him take credit. Reaching into his pockets, he pulled out a pair of white gloves and something else in his right hand. Taking a deep breath, he cleared his composure as he knew of a plan to take out at least one of them. Leaning to his peers, “Hey guys, I’m going to get the guy with the knives, watch my six. I’ll be back, I’ve got a show to perform.”

Turning back to the hoodlums, "How can we scram when you have threatened our teacher?!" We ask that you leave or we will dispose of you ourselves!" They scoffed at his declaration, signifying their refusal. So, Taro pointed at the one with the knives and signaled to come at him, as he started to sprint at the man. As they got closer, Taro threw down a smoke ball ahead of himself as a puff of white smoke appeared, causing the man to stop as he lost where Taro went. However, Taro didn’t stop and jumped at the man from the cloud, grabbed his wrists, and slammed both of his hands together until it caused him to release his weapons, all the while getting kneed in the legs and a headbutt. “Thanks for the cooperation, sir!” Quickly, he grabbed both his tank and shorts, yanked as hard as he could compressing both and quite literally ripping them off the man leaving him is his already exposed underwear on the ground. Taro threw back his clothes, ripped and tattered, as the man gathered them and ran off past his compatriots.

“We aren’t going anywhere! It’s you who needs to scram!” Taro stood his ground with a clasped fist in the air as the white smoke dissipated into the air showing his peers his triumph.

Edited by scooterulez

ohSLUWk.png

"Incredible, everyone~!  What a fantastic range of quirks you all have~!"  Herc had to agree. Everyone was showing off some cool quirks.  "But as you can see, their are areas each of you need to improve upon!  Whether that be sharpening your reflexes, improving your raw capabilities, or even figuring out how to make up for lacks in your quirks~!"  That was also true. Herc could tell his biggest issue right now: He was way too slow. He'd have to step it up if he wanted to be a next level hero. Suddenly, the bancho came over and began to... poke him?

"You're strong, huh?" She said, as she kept poking. It was... really odd to Herc. Not so much she was poking but... Well, his body was covered in a hard layer, like a carapace. He normally couldn't feel pokes or the like, instead relying on the sound of a finger poking him to figuring out if someone poked him. With Misu... he could feel her pokes and... it wasn't all that bad? He didn't how to feel about it. It was such a novel feeling that he didn't completely dislike it. "I like that. You'll make a great gangster," He had to stop himself from laughing at that. He was big and scary, but he was probably way too soft for it. " Stay out of my way and we'll get along just fine."  She said, as steam began to rise off her shoulders.

Well, it was a good thing he didn't plan on getting in her way in the first place.

Monday came around, and it was nearly time for the training!

Well shit, that was literally everyone interesting or already his friends. Guess he was stuck with a bunch of other people. He quietly climbed into the bus, taking out his phone and opening an app for the ride. It was a long ride, and there was a special event to get a limited edition character: a cute samurai beetle girl with tuberculosis. He really wanted to get her, but he was running low on bug nets. He might have to break out the debit card for it...

"We're here~!!"  Ms. Hitotsume sang out to the students.  "Now get off the damn bus."  She groaned, switching personalities on a dime.  They were met with a pretty run down city, where windows were boarded up with metal sheets and planks of wood.  "This is Dagoba District.  There's been a recent rise in gang activity, so we're gonna take out some trash." 

Herc grumbled to himself as he walked out of the bus. He didn't get her, and he didn't have enough money to spare. He only could hope he could get his hands on more cash so he can get back to gatcha rolling. But for now, there had something they had to do.

"Hey, you might wanna scram.  This town ain't made for kiddies."  The one man gave Ms. Hitotsume a creepy smile, and licked his lips.  "But we'd be glad to give a hottie like yourself the tour of the town."  Ms. Hitotsume's brow twitched, before looking down on the three.

"Scumbags..."  She sighed, before turning back to the students.  "Beat these guys up before I kill them, please~."  

"Yeah, yeah, we're on it," Herc said, rolling his shoulder. "Well gang you heard them, this town ain't for kiddies, so let's get these kids to daycare,"

"If you can get them distracted, I can bite the guy with the gun really hard," The bat girl leaned up to whisper into Herc's ear, to which he shrugged. 

"How about I just take out the gun guy instead and you get the other dude?" Herc offered as he eyed a trash can on to the left side of them.

“Hey guys, I’m going to get the guy with the knives, watch my six. I’ll be back, I’ve got a show to perform.” Herc watched as Taro just... rushed off, without thinking about the gun man. That wasn't good at all. As the gun man was aiming his shot, Herc quickly reached over, picking up the trash man.

"Yo! Pot, meet kettle!" Herc called out as he threw the can at the gun wielding thug, the can soaring at a surprisingly high speed. The man in question never even got to fire off a shot before the trash can nailed him right on the side of the head, causing him to drop his gun. Herc then rushed over, getting by the man and grabbing his neck and legs, lifting him high above the beetle man's head. "No guns, okay? Let's punch and kick like gentlemen here," He threw the man downwards, dunking him into the ground and knocking him out. "Two down, one to go!"

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

ksARFRH.png

And just like that, two of them were out! Taro had taken out the guy with the knife, but his gun-toting friend wanted to retaliate, prompting Herc to stop him before he could hurt anyone, not only leaving him open for Hibiki to follow up, but knocking him out entirely! Impressive! Or at least, that's what it sounded like. That just left the chain guy, and she could certainly hear those chains rattling. Time to show her stuff! She could do more than just scream at people after all. Like run straight for the guy who was too distracted by the six-foot-something beetle man who'd just punched out his friend, and clamp her sharp bat teeth down on his bicep, causing him to drop the chain as his attention suddenly shifted to trying to get a small girl clinging to his back... off his back.

"Let go of me ya damned mutt!"

Hibiki's response - while certainly vocal and stern - was completely unintelligible due to her currently having her mouth full of scumbag arm. Soon though, he got a good grip on her ears, and started pulling in an effort to force her to let go. Hibiki, in response, un-clamped her mouth from the thug's arm, put her mouth right up to the man's ear, and let loose with an ear-shattering shriek. That'd teach him. And for good effect, she followed it up with a passable - but still rather pitiful - headbutt to the back of his head, before letting go and shoving him in Ms. Hitotsume's direction. It was best to let the real heroes finish off the thugs. Or Yuuka and Itsuki, if they felt so inclined.

"And bats are not dogs!" she huffed, as if it was a follow-up to whatever she'd said earlier.

whIkgqw.png

As Misu strutted around the clearing of the forest, she couldn't help but less loose an impressed whistle.  She looked to the sky to see that the trees themselves seemed to reach into the clouds.  Misu didn't use the word often, but if she had to describe the place, she'd say it was beautiful.  She'd mostly lived in the city all her life, so this scenery was a nice change of pace.  After a moment, one of her classmates approached her.  

“Nature is truly a wonderful gift to us all, is it not Yoshino-san? Hopefully we will be able to stop whatever is threatening it here.”

"Yeah, I guess it's alright."  She said, crossing her arms.  "The trees are just lucky that we don't wanna chop 'em down is all.  Dumb trees."  She said, as she lightly tapped one with the tip of her shoe.  As she looked around again, she noticed that all of the other students had broken off into their own little groups.  Misu had hoped to gauge how tough Valerie was, but she instead was stuck with the only one left around.  She looked to her classmate, and beamed a very threatening grin.  "Katsurou, right?  You got some guts tryin' to talk to me.  And with everyone else headin' in, I guess that means you're stuck with me."  She put a vice grip on his shoulder, before bending towards him.  "Lucky you, eh?"  She stood straight, while putting her hands in her pockets, trudging into the treeline.  "Well, let's go track us down some good-for-nothin's."  

As they walked into the forest, Misu could see loads of tracks from all sorts of different animals upon the earth where there was no vegetation.  She scrambled her head in frustration, as they all seemed to blend into incoherent paths and muddled into each other.  

"GAH!  There's too many damn animals in this forest...I can't tell what tracks are what."  Misu was no expert on what animals made what tracks, but she could tell that deer and raccoons passed through this part of the forest regularly.  A rustling sound caught her attention, as she perked up in shock.  "Y-y-yo!  Katsurou...go check out some of those bushes..."  It wasn't as if she was afraid or anything.

As Yuudai and Valerie investigated the river, someone else approached from the shrubs on the other side of the bank.  He was a dark haired man, who wore a mask that covered his mouth and eyes.  The plating that covered his mouth slowly receded in an unnatural fashion, revealing a mouth with rather sharp teeth.

"Hey, this isn't a good time for kids to be playing scouts.  Haven't you heard the rumors about this place?"  He walked closer to the bank, before gesturing behind him.  "There's a monster in this forest...you should probably get going.  I don't want to have to save to kiddies from some crazy villain, alright?"  The man seemed frustrated that the kids were here, but his tone was sincere.  

As Diana and Suda ventured further into the treeline, a large rustling in some bushes might've caught their eye.  From the bush, a lanky creature, and stared at the two for quite some time.  The two student's heads would ache for a quick second, before they'd hear a small raspy voice.  

"You...you believe yourselves to heroes...yes?"  The feelings of fear and dread soon flooded the two student's senses, to a certain degree.  "Do not follow me..."  Rang in their heads, as the creature darted off further into the trees, making sure to twist and turn as much as possible.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

As the thug was shoved into her direction, Ms. Hitotsume delivered a swift round hook kick towards the thug, sending him careening into Itsuki.  The boy stood motionless as the unconscious thug lay on top of him.  She lowered her classes, as if to give the boy a look of pity, before a half-assed "Whoops" left her lips.  She looked at the other students who had dispatched the three thugs quite easily, before walking up to each unconscious one and placing handcuffs on them.  

"Great job everyone~."  She applauded.  "Except you two~!"  She pointed to Yuuka and Itsuki.  "If you hadn't beaten them, I'd be the one in handcuffs~."  She said with a weird smile.  "But these were just the small fry...I suspect they didn't even have quirks.  They're working for someone else."  

A clapping started to echo from the alleyway where the original thugs had emerged.  

"Clan's not gonna like that one."  A man with silver hair stated, as he continued to clap.  "But it was a pretty nice show for me.  You all seem pretty tough."  He stopped clapping as he began to crack his knuckles.  "That's how it is here in Dagobah's system.  If you ain't strong here, you probably ain't gonna survive anywhere."  Behind him, a bright and colorful girl hopped up and down.  It was a surprise that she was even able to conceal herself in the shadows with her outfit.  

"AH!  Little kids!  You're all so cute!"  She began to glow, as she continued to hop up and down.  "I could eat you all up!  But you're not our target today, so step aside would you?"  She spoke, not looking at any of the students, but to Ms. Hitotsume. 

"Oh~?  Do you have business with me?"  Ms. Hitotsume said, pushing her glasses up her face.  "Well I'm not really looking to fight today...but a real teacher needs to show her students a thing or two."  She said, as she strode past all of her students.  "What do you guys say?  Does that sound fun to you~?"  She coo'd back towards all of her students.  Ms. Hitotsume's hand traced her entire body, as she brought her hand towards her glasses.  Taking them off with style, she flung them straight into the air.  She then ripped her clothing off, not to reveal her gym clothes, but to reveal her hero outfit.  The long flowing duster dropped to the ground as it was finally let loose.  An extra eye resided right above her belly button, as it blinked to the light it was now exposed to.  "Finally things are getting interesting.  I was starting to get hot underneath all that too~..."  She said, as her glasses fell perfectly into her hands.  The brightly colored girl seemed like she couldn't contain her excitement anymore, as she bounded towards the teacher with a burst of speed, nearly cratering the ground she stood on.  The girl spun in the air, letting out a leg as she went to kick Ms. Hitotsume, only to kick the air in between the two.  A strong breeze passed her, as Ms. Hitotsume landed a strong jab into the girls side.  

"Geez...get too careless and you might just die, Gypsy."  He shrugged.  "Her hero name isn't Demon Eyes for nothin' ya know."  The man looked towards the kids, as he started walking in their direction.  "While they're busy, why don't you guys see how you go up against a real thug?"  He said, throwing up one arm in front of him, in a defensive pose.  "I'll let you even get the first hit on me?  How's about it?"  

Itsuki

"Incredible, everyone~!  What a fantastic range of quirks you all have~!"  Ms. Hitotsume stopped clapping, as she lowered her glasses to scan the students.  "But as you can see, their are areas each of you need to improve upon!  Whether that be sharpening your reflexes, improving your raw capabilities, or even figuring out how to make up for lacks in your quirks~!"  She flexed her own arm, as a large heap of muscle bulged from the fabric of her outfit.  "As heroes, we cannot rely on quirk alone!  Your entire body is a weapon, and it needs to be sharpened like one! Now, class is dismissed for the day~!  Use the rest of the day to prepare for the Hero Training next week~!" 

Itsuki had let an exhasperated sigh. As fun as being able to let loose with his quirk seemed at first, he couldn't help but feel like this was just a glorified physical education class-- something he was already not very fond of in the first place. As a group, the class returned to the changerooms, everyone abuzz about their quirks and what the proper hero training was going to look like. Itsuki's first thought for how to spend the rest of his day was simple: at the arcade, goofing off with some cartoons, or just watching videos on his phone while lying in bed for the rest of the day. Each option was more tantalizing than the next. Of course, however, listening the chatter of the other students about their quirk performance only reminded him more and more of how the obstacle course ended for him, and so he opted to at least... try... and give... an effort... to practice his quirk.

Efforts that only went so far over the course of the next week.

Next week's field trip started as one would expect: with boring introductions and explanations. The students were promptly divided into two groups, but Itsuki ended up very disappointed when he discovered that not only was he not assigned to the group with all the cute girls that weren't just goody-two-shoes over-achievers, but that he was also placed under the close, watchful eye of the teacher as well.

The other group piled into one of the buses and was sent out to a nice, scenic national park, while Itsuki's group piled into the other and was sent to...

"This is Dagoba District," Ms. Hitotsume said, as they all got out of the bus. "There's been a recent rise in gang activity, so we're gonna take out some trash."

And, as matters would have it, it wasn't long into their search that a gunshot rang down an alleyway and a small gang of thugs approached the group, each armed with a variety of different weapons. "Hey, you might wanna scram.  This town ain't made for kiddies," the leader said. One of them gave Ms. Hitotsume a creepy smile, and licked his lips.  "But we'd be glad to give a hottie like yourself the tour of the town."  Ms. Hitotsume's brow twitched, before looking down on the three.

The more... fight-oriented students in the group sprung into action. Between the bat-girl's harassment and the beetle-guy's overwhelming strength, there really wasn't much room for Itsuki to jump in there. He wasn't confident that his shields could block a bullet-- he had never tried that before, and wasn't very willing to try it just yet. Yuuka was eager to observe the team, but it really wasn't long until Herc and Hibiki managed to dispatch each of the thugs.

"Great job everyone~."  She applauded.  "Except you two~!"  She pointed to Yuuka and Itsuki.  "If you hadn't beaten them, I'd be the one in handcuffs~."

"Yeah because I can do any better than the Big Beetle Man," Itsuki grumbled. "Also excuse me, what the fu--"

"But these were just the small fry...I suspect they didn't even have quirks.  They're working for someone else."  

And, as if on cue, there were the real thugs. A very normal and rather serious-looking man with gray hair, and a pile of rainbow vomit. "AH!  Little kids!  You're all so cute!"  She began to glow, as she continued to hop up and down.  "I could eat you all up!  But you're not our target today, so step aside would you?"  She spoke, not looking at any of the students, but to Ms. Hitotsume. 

Ms. Hitotsume, meanwhile, expressed interest in showing off her moves in front of the students, and perhaps a little too interested in undressing to her hero suit. "Why am I surrounded by such weirdos today," Itsuki muttered to himself again. At this, the Rainbow Vomit launched an attack at Ms. Hitotsume and the two became entangled in their own fight immediately.

However, the gray-haired man wasn't joining that fight, and directed his attention to the students. "While they're busy, why don't you guys see how you go up against a real thug?"  He said, throwing up one arm in front of him, in a defensive pose.  "I'll let you even get the first hit on me?  How's about it?"   

Itsuki folded his arms behind his head. This one seemed a little too obvious; it happened all the time in the fighting shows. Tough challenger taunts main character to hit first, then does something to turn it around completely, either some kind of counter or maybe some freaky power. As much as Itsuki would like to let the others do all the work for him, he figured that if it was Herc to take this chance and this guy had that sort of trick up his sleeve, then it could only end badly.

"Welp, guess it can't be helped," Itsuki said, casually stepping up to the thug. "But maybe you should give the first hit instead, eh? I've seen tougher guys around the Game Centres, and they mostly just get mad when they lose. You might have to show me if you're  as strong as you say."

"Hey! Wait up!"

"Wait? No can do!" Valerie said and, with a laugh, picked up the pace. She wasn't about to slow down for anyone. If he wanted to follow her that's all well and good but he knew where she was going. No reason to match his pace.

The river, well, it was a river. At first glance there didn't seem to be much to it beyond that. Then she heard some noise from the shrubs on the opposite side. Crouching a bit as the unknown man came out she was fully prepared for attack when...he opened up his mask and spoke to them pretty friendly like, if demeaning.

Though that was enough to bother the young girl.

"Kids? Scouts?" Valerie said, then shook her head. "We're...well, I don't know about him, but I'm the future top hero, monsters and villains are kinda my thing ya know?"

"Hero?!" The man said with a smile, stroking his chin. "They're startin' you kids young on that stuff huh? Aren't you a little to young to be aimin' that high uh....what's your name?"

"Age doesn't matter! No matter how old you are when you decide a goal you gotta go for it with all you got! The name's Valerie Clark; don't forget it you'll be hearing that name for years to come!" She narrowed her eyes. "You're not a hero are you? What are you doing here?"

"You got spunk kid. You'll need it if you wanna be a guy like me." When the girl started to pry, his eyebrow perked up. "Oh? What makes you think I'm not a hero, young Valerie?"

Valerie considered for a moment what she should say here. Then, just deciding to go for it, "We weren't told about any heroes searching this area. Our teacher should have mentioned that much."

"Oh my. Pretty and perceptive. You're quite dangerous aren't you." The man smiled, before bowing. "I can assure you that I am indeed a Hero. I protect innocent lives with a shield of my body."

Valerie didn't budge from her spot. "What's your Hero name then?" She couldn't claim to know all the heroes by appearance but she should have heard of the majority by name at least.

"I'm sure you've heard of the legendary hero Spring Lock! Well you're lookin' at him!" He said, flexing with a smile.

Valerie twitched, instinctively glancing back for a moment, where they had come from, where their chaperon had went off to find a park ranger. Which meant...her head snapped back towards the man. Something was wrong.

“Yeah, I guess it's alright. The trees are just lucky that we don't wanna chop 'em down is all.  Dumb trees."

Katsurou could not help but smile when Misu hastily put back on her gruff exterior. It was nice to know that even she had a gentler side, even if it is encased in a thick shell. After all, she cares about at least one other person enough to want to be a role model to them. His smile did not last long when she turned to him with a menacing smile and began crushing his shoulder.

"Katsurou, right?  You got some guts tryin' to talk to me.  And with everyone else headin' in, I guess that means you're stuck with me. Lucky you, eh?”

Katsurou quickly glanced around and saw that he was indeed stuck with Misu. Clearly this was a test of his spirit, so he put on a smile.

“That is no problem Yoshino-san, we can wait for Spring Lock-sensei to return together. Hopefully the others have not gone-”

“Well, let's go track us down some good-for-nothin's."  

As Misu started walking into the forest, Katsurou looked around for any sign of Spring Lock or the others returning, only to find that he was the last person standing by the bus. After a moment of hesitation, Katsurou took off after Misu with his orb in tow.

---

After catching up to Misu, Katsurou’s concerns of being chastised for leaving the bus slowly gave way to more genuine enjoyment of the natural setting. With every step, he could feel his old childhood instincts returning as he followed. With a wave of his hands, he changed his orb into a sturdy walking stick, helping him navigate the unpaved dirt path, made difficult by the gnarled roots of the ancient trees. Every so often, he would stop to draw an arrow into the dirt with his stick, showing the way back to the bus.

With his eyes now adjusted to the dim light that pierced the canopy, he was able to spy the profusion of hooved and clawed animal tracks in the muddy patches. Most of these tracks seemed familiar, but a few of the tracks were from an animal he did not recognize. However, he dismissed any ideas of strange creatures as simply not remembering all of what he knew as a boy.

Suddenly, loud rustling from a nearby bush caused Misu to freeze in her tracks, making Katsurou speed up to catch up to her to see what was wrong.

“GAH!  There's too many damn animals in this forest...I can't tell what tracks are what. Y-y-yo!  Katsurou...go check out some of those bushes..."

Katsurou had to hold back his snickering as he saw Misu’s face, quickly growing pale from the shock.

“No need to worry Yoshino-san! It should not be anything we cannot handle, especially you!”

With his stick in hand, he slowly approached the rustling bush, taking care to not step on any branches that would scare off whatever was in there. Once he close, he used his stick to slowly part the leaves and branches, revealing a strange raccoon-like creature.

For a breathless moment, he stared at the creature’s dark eyes, and he could feel it staring back at him. While it resembled a tanuki at first, Katsurou noticed that its back was covered in vicious spines, something that no tanuki he had ever seen has. However, the creature did not appear hostile, so Katsurou turned to Misu and beckoned at her.

“See Yoshino-san? It’s just a strange little tanuki! Nothing to be scared of!”

c8vVeoJ.png

"Wait? No can do!"

Well she's determined and fired up...that's for certain. Yuudai thought, doing his best to keep up with Valerie's pace. Finally catching up to Valerie, he found himself at a river, though that was pretty much it. Then again, it was nice and peaceful around this river. Probably one of the many reasons people liked this area.

However, the rustling and moving of something in the shrubs and bushes caused Yuudai to also be on edge at this point. And what emerged from it was definitely human, though his mouth was finally shown when he spoke.

"Hey, this isn't a good time for kids to be playing scouts. Haven't you heard the rumors about this place? There's a monster in this forest...you should probably get going. I don't want to have to save to kiddies from some crazy villain, alright?"

Yuudai didn't say a word for the longest time, only making way for Valerie to speak instead. Though, he did somewhat have his face meet his palm when Valerie mentioned her name to this individual. ...really think you should mention your name to some random person like this? he thought, continuing to listen to the two chat. Though he immediately caught something.

"What's your Hero name then?"

"I'm sure you've heard of the legendary hero Spring Lock! Well you're lookin' at him!"

His demeanor changed, noticing Valerie glancing back the direction they came from. She noticed too...something definitely ain't right. Yuudai thought, before moving slightly. Though, he figured he could most likely get him. "Oh wow! Spring Lock? Hardly recognized you. I mean, given you were just wearing a dress shirt, tie, and suspenders when we left you over there talking to the park ranger." His arms slowly crossed, a smirk on his face at this point. It was obvious the sarcasm was coating his voice when he spoke.

"But I'm right he-" He said, looking at the two's strange change in demeanor. "So that bastard's here too huh?" He laughed scratching his chin.

Well, that didn't take too long. Honestly, thought he would've put up more of a fight with that lie. "Yup. Sad to say." Yuudai shrugged. "So, with that out the way, who exactly are you?"

"Caught me." He said, sticking his hands in the air. "But with that said...it's none of your business, kid. I've got business in this forest, and it doesn't concern you."

"Secretive...alright." he shrugged, before bringing another question up. "Then allow me this...do you happen to know what's going on around here? Spring Lock has our class here doing some recon to prepare for actual hero work. Do you happen to know of any strange presences out and about...well, I'll say strange presences besides yourself." Yuudai gave a small snicker, shaking his head. "Cause you are pretty weird, no disrespect intended."

"Class? What are they teachin' you all to be heroes now?" He scratched his head, before sighing. "They can't cram that into your head...geez." The man shrugged. "I haven't found diddly squat yet...but if you guys wanna help me look around, I ain't gonna be too mad."

Yuudai was silent for a moment, before shrugging. "Well, the fact that we're still alive and you haven't attacked us means you aren't a villain. So that's something." he explained. "With that in mind, I guess giving some assistance in searching shouldn't be too bad. Alright, I'll help. Can't speak for her, though."

ohSLUWk.png

"Great job everyone~."  The teacher applauded as the group finished up.  "Except you two~!"  She pointed to Yuuka and Itsuki.  "If you hadn't beaten them, I'd be the one in handcuffs~."  She said with a weird smile.  "But these were just the small fry...I suspect they didn't even have quirks.  They're working for someone else."  

Wait.... wait wait wait. She'd be in handcuffs if she was the one to do it... it couldn't be... no way... was their teacher on suspension and had to teach the class in order to get her license back?! ...That'd explain a lot, actually.

"Clan's not gonna like that one. But it was a pretty nice show for me.  You all seem pretty tough." Two gangsters emerged from the shadows, looking over the group. Man, if only Misu was here. She could probably speak gansterese and make them go away. "That's how it is here in Dagobah's system.  If you ain't strong here, you probably ain't gonna survive anywhere." 

"AH!  Little kids!  You're all so cute!"  The other gangster began to glow as she hopped up and down. "I could eat you all up!  But you're not our target today, so step aside would you?"  She spoke, not looking at any of the students, but to Ms. Hitotsume. 

"Oh~?  Do you have business with me?"  Ms. Hitotsume said, pushing her glasses up her face.  "Well I'm not really looking to fight today...but a real teacher needs to show her students a thing or two."  She said, as she strode past all of her students.  "What do you guys say?  Does that sound fun to you~?"  She then began to strip into a very skimpy outfit, exposing... a third eye over her belly button. Well, that was certainly unique. "Finally things are getting interesting.  I was starting to get hot underneath all that too~..." 

"Geez...get too careless and you might just die, Gypsy."  He shrugged.  "Her hero name isn't Demon Eyes for nothin' ya know."  The man looked towards the kids, as he started walking in their direction.  "While they're busy, why don't you guys see how you go up against a real thug?"  He said, throwing up one arm in front of him, in a defensive pose.  "I'll let you even get the first hit on me?  How's about it?"  

"Welp, guess it can't be helped," Itsuki said, casually stepping up to the thug. "But maybe you should give the first hit instead, eh? I've seen tougher guys around the Game Centres, and they mostly just get mad when they lose. You might have to show me if you're  as strong as you say."

On one hand, Herc could see where Itsuki was going with this. Just rushing in with no plan could get them all really hurt. However, that thug goaded them for a reason. It was unlikely the thug would fall for such a basic taunt and they would need this info. Well, he was the biggest and toughest, making him the most likely to walk out without injury... so he should be the one to step up and test this out.

"Well, if it's a show you need, I'm all for that," Herc said, walking up and cracking his knuckles. "I need to punch someone anyways!" He charged at the man, rearing back his fist as he ran. When he got close enough, he threw his fist directly at the man's chest. In response, the thug took his hand and quickly swiped at Herc's fist, redirecting it away from the thug and causing him to miss completely. The punch itself created a gust of wind that ruffled the silver hair of the thug, who ignored it to instead focus on his counterattack. The arm that diverted the attack began to glow, causing Herc's eyes to widen. The glow traveled up the arm, across the man's shoulder, and into the man's other arm, which he then placed on Herc's stomach.

A sudden burst of energy sent Herc flying back, crashing into the ground and rolling into the bus, his head colliding with the vehicle. It hurt, although not as bad as Herc would have imagined it would. Probably because of his naturally tough self and hard shell. He could only imagine how much it could hurt the others though. With a groan, the beetle hero sat up, and slowly back onto his feet. "Well... that happened," He groaned as he cracked his neck. "Guys, be careful! I think his quirk turns him into Bruce Lee!"

Not exactly his A material, but he thought it was funny.

Well, that was one way to get information she supposed. Valerie wasn't sure that it was the best bet to just tell this man everything but at least he didn't seem to be aggressive about the reveal.

The response was weird, though. He seemed to acknowledge the "other Spring Lock" yet didn't seem to want to give up the name, or at least didn't want to give a different name, which seemed unusual to say the least.

She wasn't sure what was going on but she did know she couldn't let this guy go so easily.

"Yeah, fine, you can search with us." Valerie said, putting emphasis on the wording. He wasn't the one leading this search. They were. "But you better not get out of my sight. There's more than one suspicious thing in this forest."

As they started going, Valerie decided to ask one more thing. "So, Spring Lock Two, what is it you can do anyway?"

PysLiPD.png?1

Suda wasn't pleased with Diana's response. She turned as the girl passed him, following behind her. Why did she seem so upset to be with him? He hadn't done anything to her, he was pretty sure. Was it something he said at some point? He shook his head - right now it wasn't the time for this, they were on a mission. He'd just have to impress her during the mission, that'd change her attitude.

As the duo marched onward, a strange lanky creature came from out of the bushes. This must be the strange presence they were sent to stop. His confirmations were affirmed when his head started aching, before it started talking. "You... you believe yourselves to heroes... yes?"  Talking was the wrong word for it, as the voice seemed to come from Suda's own mind. He felt a chill down his spine as the raspy voice rang from the back of his head, regret seeping into his mind as he watched this strange creature. "Do not follow me..." Before he knew it, the beast had darted into the woods. Suda grit his teeth, turning to Diana. He wanted to turn back then and there, fear starting to consume him. However...

"We can't let that thing get away!" This was his chance to prove himself. He couldn't just run on the first site of danger; that's not what heroes did. He wasn't sure if Diana had heard whatever that thing had said to him, but it didn't matter - he couldn't show fear now. Without waiting for her, he chased after the beast.

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka clapped at the masterful display of teamwork that she had seen her fellow students display. Between the pure strength of Herc, the showmanship of Taro and the fangs of Hibiki, it was short work to get rid of the garden variety street thugs. While the girl was feeling upbeat about the whole thing, Ms. Hitotsume had chastised bother her and Itsuki. While Yuuka was far less interested in how she herself would deal with these thugs, seeing the swift kick that their teacher had given that them, Yuuka had figured that it would be prudent to at least build up her experience right now. Thankfully, there was yet another set of people to gain said experience from. 

Though Yuuka had just resolved to fight herself, this thought was briefly derailed as she saw their teacher go into her hero costume, and eye appearing on their stomach as well. Yuuka let out an "oooh," as she did this, getting ready to fight. The girl was curious to see what "Demon Eyes" was all about, and watched their fight readily though had her attention drawn back as the other man seemed to goad them to battle. Itsuki seemed to want to be the first to get punched himself as he counter goaded the man, a bold choice indeed. She had an idea of what he was going for here, and was curious to see how it would play out for the boy, though he didn't seem to get the chance to try. 

Herc seemed to want to test the waters himself and stepping past Itsuki went to throw the first punch. Yuuka let out yet another, "oooh" as the man swiftly seemed to redirect the beetle man's fist and went for a punch himself. As the beetle man was launched by the punch, Yuuka merely muttered, "I see, I see." Were she Bruce Lee herself, she would be sure that her quirk would be fantastic against this man. She was however, sadly, decidedly not Bruce Lee - nor anywhere close to that level of martial arts prowess. She did, however, think there was something she could do here. And so, holding her hands behind her back, the girl started to form a small sphere of poison in her hand. Looking to Hibiki, she said, "oh, Hibiki, could you do that thing that you do super well?"

After asking that, Yuuka lobbed the poison towards the man, the sphere exploding into a cloud around him. Though he wouldn't feel anything more than a light stinging sensation, the longer he stayed in the cloud, the more he would feel fatigue start to set in as well as the stinging sensation increase. So, she was hoping that Hibiki would be able to stagger him inside of it with her "super scream" of sorts. Yuuka only hoped that that was the only thing that Hibiki did super well, and that she did not have some latent talent at juggling or something.