Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Year One [IC/NA/PG-16]

whIkgqw.png

"It's alright. Even if it attacks I can handle it. Just hold on there." 

"Where do you get off tellin' me what to do!"  Misu rattled her fist towards Valerie.  She crossed her arms and looked to the ground.  "Whatever...but if that thing jumps you, I'm not butting in." 

"I don't think they'll do anything unless you do. She might look scary but she's not a bully.  Kinda put me in a tough spot you know.  I'm supposed to stop criminals, and, well, I guess you maybe are that?" She frowned. "But I'm also supposed to protect people who need protecting. And I kinda think you might be that too."  

"You seem to be in quite the conundrum."  Silver nodded.  "I find myself to be in one as well..."

"Yeah, sounds like you happen to be pretty innocent except for just taking refuge here." He shrugged slightly, smiling. "Well, didn't hurt to try and ask if you saw anything. ...er...well, sense anything. Forgot you don't happen to have any eyes...no disrespect."

“Uhh...Silver...-san… I apologize for this confusion. I thought your friend was the dangerous creature we were sent to capture. Clark-san is right. If you are as peaceful as you say, it would not be right to capture either of you.”  The boy's Quirk melted away, releasing the Raccoon from it's bondage.  “Silver-san, we were sent by the Hero Association to investigate disturbances. If we were to report that you were taking refuge in the forest, I cannot guarantee that more heroes will not come. Where did you come from? Would it be safe if you returned there?”

"Where did I....come from?"  The creature latched onto it's head with both hands, writhing at the thought.  A weird sensation would flood everyone's mind at the scene, causing them slight pain or discomfort, depending on their tolerance.  It almost sounded as if he was wailing.  Misu gripped the tip of her hat, grinding her teeth.  

"Hey!  Snap out of it!  This is starting to be a pain in the ass!"

After a moment, the noise stopped, and Silver stood there, petrified.  

"Where...did I?"  It questioned itself yet again, but obviously came up with no answer for itself.  "My birth...eludes me...I'm sorry."  Crimson started his walk up towards the group, knocking his head a couple of times.  

"Sheesh...that did a number on me."  He made his way to Valerie.  "Time's up kid.  You made a decision yet?"

"Who's the geezer..."  Misu groaned. 

"This 'geezer' is here to relocate this creature.  If he can't stay here, we'd gladly take him off the park's hands, and give him a safe home."  The word home made Silver's head pop up, as he looked to Crimson, then to Valerie.  

"Does this man speak the truth?"  He posed the question to Valerie and Yuudai.

Meanwhile, in the bushes, Suda and Diana would hear rustling behind them, only to find two large palms grip them by the mouths.

"Don't scream...you'll alert the others."  It was Spring Lock who spoke.  He slowly released his hands from both of their mouths.  "You've found the target...so why haven't you made a move.  We have orders to catch that thing...dead or alive."  

HQiOaTA.png?1

"Hey, meat-head!" A voice called. "Do you think tossing a bug is impressing anyone? I was doin' that shit when I was a toddler! Why don't you try this on for size!"  Half blind from the gas that enveloped him, the man looked over to see a boy try to sweep his leg.  The attack connected, but there wasn't enough force to make the man glow even brighter than before.  Was he even being serious? 

"Why you little!  GET SERIOUS OR GET DEAD!"  The man lifted his foot, planning to stomp on Itsuki's chest.  However, before he was able to make contact, some sort of slippery substance placed itself between him and the boy.  It was even more than slippery, as the man's momentum almost made him fly into the air.  From across the pond, the man's face dropped as he saw a familiar sight.  The car crunched as it made contact, sailing across the street and into the same building as before.  This time, however, the car seemed to float in midair, as the man's feet made contact with the ground.  He was clutching both sides of the front end with his hands, struggling to keep the car upright, before he put it down.  "The same dumb trick isn't gonna work twice..."  He said, as he rolled his shoulders.  "Time's up."  He said with a raspy voice, before the glow around him almost seemed to flash like lightning.  The area around him began to quake violently, as a large burst of energy made of harsh yellow light erupted from the man.  The burst comprised itself of a half dome shape that seemed to expand from the man as it's epicenter.  It crushed anything that it made contact with, destroying the building behind him, as it made it's way towards the students.  

"Ooooh!  I haven't seen Ren get this amped in a hot minute!  Your student's must be really dumb!  Heehee!"  The girl giggled, as she stopped fighting for a moment to run away from the attack.  

"I'm starting to think so too..."  She sighed, as she made after the girl.  

"So why are we just hiding in this bush instead of helping the others?" Suda practically hissed, crossing his arms as he waited for the girl to answer him.

Diana held her hand up to her mouth, giving him a quick shush before she explained the situation to Suda. Whether he liked it or not, it was the best course of action, and Diana turned back to watch.

"Where did I....come from?"  The creature latched onto it's head with both hands, writhing at the thought.  A weird sensation would flood everyone's mind at the scene, causing them slight pain or discomfort, depending on their tolerance.  It almost sounded as if he was wailing.  

Diana tried to cover her ears to shut out the sound. It broke her heart to 'hear' it, but covering her ears did no good, despite her instincts. Silver seemed to be free of it not long after, due to Misu intervening, but it still seemed upset. A frown on her face, Diana continued listening in, squeezing her fists tight.

"If he can't stay here, we'd gladly take him off the park's hands, and give him a safe home."  

"Does this man speak the truth?" 

Diana prepared to jump out, if needed. This guy seemed off, why hadn't they heard about him? And the creature couldn't be allowed to escape like that so easily... Just in time for a hand to cover her mouth. She opened wider to bite at a finger, but the owner of the hand spoke up.

"Don't scream...you'll alert the others." Spring Lock released his grip of their mouths as he continued, "You've found the target...so why haven't you made a move.  We have orders to catch that thing...dead or alive."  

Diana let her breath out and adjusted her hair where the hero had messed it up, whispering.

"We were pursuing the creature when it headed here. Our classmates are dealing with it peacefully right now... but there's a strange man here. I held Suda back so we could keep the element of surprise if things went south."

"Where did I....come from?"

Valerie winced. Whatever it was that Silver had done had hurt. Though she could only imagine, from the noise she heard, that Silver had been hurt much more than that. What kind of government organization would have done something to cause that much pain to a living creature?

In the middle of her musings Crimson approached the group. She should've expected he wouldn't wait around forever but she still wished she had been given a bit more time.

"This 'geezer' is here to relocate this creature.  If he can't stay here, we'd gladly take him off the park's hands, and give him a safe home." 

That's right. If Crimson was being honest then all he wanted to do was keep Silver out of harms way. Which in turn would get rid of the potential danger that Silver could pose to the public, directly or indirectly, and maybe make sure that whatever he had suffered didn't happen to him again. But could she trust him? Silver echoed her own question and she turned towards the creature.

"I'd like to think he's telling the truth. But dunno if I feel comfortable handing you off to someone I just met." Valerie thought for a moment before, "Hey you think you can scan him like you did me?"

Silver nodded, as Crimson shrugged. It stood there as stoic as possible for a moment, only to start swaying. "His mind is stronger than yours...less open...but from prying I cannot sense ill intent..."

"Don't think I like being told that I have a weaker mind than captain bad joke." Valerie muttered. She had to think. Quickly. And decide just as fast.

It could be the wrong thing to hand Silver over. She couldn't be sure the group Crimson was in were the good guys. Neither could she say that Silver wasn't dangerous in some way. Even if it wasn't intentional.

She'd have to defy her own government to turn Silver over. What kind of hero did that?

But Silver seemed so innocent to her. It was mostly a gut feeling and it was fully possible she was being tricked. After all a pro hero had been the one to bring them here and tell them that they had to bring in a dangerous creature. And Crimson hadn't been totally honest when they first met. And she was still a student. This could ruin absolutely everything if it was found out she helped Silver escape. With a group of vigilantes at that.

"Ah, hell." Valerie muttered. "Go on then, get him out of here." Valerie told Crimson. "If this is a trick I'll be first in line to kick your ass, though."

She could only hope she wasn't making a mistake.

PysLiPD.png?1

Suda let out a low growl. "Fine, but if anything happens I'm going in." He hissed at her, turning his attention back to what was happening. He felt his head hurt yet again when Silver started again, causing Suda to clutch his head and grit his teeth. It was around that time that he showed up. Suda's eyes locked onto the strange man that walked into the scene. And who the hell was this guy? He clenched his fist at the notion of letting this thing go. He was just about ready to jump into the scene then and there, when suddenly something grabbed his mouth.

Suda's eyes darted back, ready to deck whoever was behind him. "Don't scream...you'll alert the others." Suda let out a sigh of relief. It was just Spring Lock. "You've found the target...so why haven't you made a move.  We have orders to catch that thing...dead or alive."  

Diana explained what they were doing in the bush. "From the look of it things are going south..." He said bitterly, eyes shifting towards Val. He couldn't believe what he was witnessing - not only did she talk to the man as if she already knew who he was, but she was going to let the thing free!? "These idiots are going to mess everything up!" He hissed, turning to Diana. "Cmon, we're stopping this here and now!" He wasn't going to wait and let her stop him, already heading out of the bush.

"Suda, wait! Dammit!" Diana muttered, rubbing her head, "I can't leave him out there alone. We're headed out, sir!"

. . .

"If this is a trick I'll be first in line to kick your ass, though." Val had just finished speaking when it happened. Out of nowhere an orb formed beneath Silver, pulling it straight down with exceptional force, force that the others would be able to feel drag them towards the now pinned creature. Out of the bush walked Suda, glaring daggers at Val and Crimson.

"And just what the in the hell do you think you're doing!?" Suda shouted, hand extended towards the beast. "We had orders to capture this thing, not leave it with some forest hobo." He nudged his head towards Crimson, before turning to the others. "Well, what are you waiting for? Help me catch this damn thing! I can't hold it like this forever."

Edited by REP

c8vVeoJ.png

"This 'geezer' is here to relocate this creature.  If he can't stay here, we'd gladly take him off the park's hands, and give him a safe home."

"I'd like to think he's telling the truth. But dunno if I feel comfortable handing you off to someone I just met. Hey you think you can scan him like you did me?"

"His mind is stronger than yours...less open...but from prying I cannot sense ill intent..."

Crimson's mind was...less open? Was that meaning he was blocking out Silver's scans? Something about this just made Yuudai uneasy...but he couldn't just tell what it exactly was, but he wasn't liking the feeling.

"Ah, hell. Go on then, get him out of here. If this is a trick I'll be first in line to kick your ass, though."

It's that easy for her? ...what in the world is she thinking? Yuudai looked at Valerie, glancing at Crimson and then over at Silver, about to speak...unfortunately...stupidity happened...in the form of Suda. ...Pinning Silver with his Quirk.

"And just what the in the hell do you think you're doing!? We had orders to capture this thing, not leave it with some forest hobo. Well, what are you waiting for? Help me catch this damn thing! I can't hold it like this forever."

A furious look appeared on Yuudai's face, seeing this happen. It was just like the Entrance Exam with Napalm. He immediately moved, thanks to his Quirk and the tank-like style of moving and grabbed Suda's wrist, his eyes narrowing at the white haired kid. "First off, lower your tone...your going to scare the wildlife with your loud mouth. Second, release Silver now...no one said we were just giving him away...and he was perfectly fine without you doing that."

He then moved from talking to Suda, to returning towards Valerie and Crimson. "Something doesn't sound right, Val." he interjected. "Silver just said that his mind is stronger than ours. And because of that, he can't scan it. Annnnnnd that doesn't sound suspicious to you?" He looked over at Crimson, trying his best to keep his composure. "I understand your a hero...but why keep yourself from a scan? He needs to know he'll be alright, so why block him out?"

"It's not like I'm trying?" Crimson said, knocking on the side of his head. "But I've seen a lot of bad things kid...I'm not as optimistic and happy go lucky as you squirts."

"...and I'm not naive either." Yuudai said sternly, stepping to stand between Silver and Crimson. "Silver, I'll level with you. We met this guy just a bit ago, but he wasn't seeming...like a villain. Me and Val are still standing...but right now, I honestly don't know if this guy will help."

"C'mon kid...I'm just trying to help. That thing obviously was tortured where it came from...where do you think your Teacher's gonna take him? Candyland?"

Yuudai began to grit his teeth slightly. Truth be told, he honestly wasn't sure what was the right option...but he did know one thing. "I found Silver at the exam, albeit under some circumstances I wasn't expecting...but I think they'll be able to make sure he gets where he can feel safe." He then took his balled fist, pointing his thumb at him. "He's in need of help, and a hero is supposed to help others who need it. I'm sorry Crimson, but I'm saying Silver isn't going with you."

"Oho? Is that so?" Crimson said, rubbing the nape of his neck. "You're not giving me many options here champ. I thought you were pretty level headed...but I see the school's already got you brainwashed."

"Brainwashed...yeah, like I've been at U.A. long enough for that to happen." Yuudai rolled his eyes. "It's called trusting your gut. It's something I think every hero does it."

"Wise words..." Crimson nodded with his eyes closed.

"Yeah...and my gut is saying not to just hand you Silver." Yuudai stated, looking over at Valerie. "Sorry...but this is where I'm drawing the line. Cause everything about this is having my gut go nuts. I'd rather not find out this is a trick and just avoid this all together." He then looked over at Suda, shaking his head. "Also, Silver is not a THING...so don't refer to him as such. He's very much alive..."

Edited by Chaos Sonic

ohSLUWk.png

“Hmm, I don’t know Herc, I had an inkling of a plan on what we could do before you just shot yourself at him without taking an interest! Use your special ears!” So it seemed that Taro took his 'Do something with this' as 'throw a car at him'. That was on the Man of Beetles, really. He should have like, tossed the thug at Taro to force the student to react with something besides 'throw car'. Also, special ears? What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"Hey, meat-head!" A voice called. "Do you think tossing a bug is impressing anyone? I was doin' that shit when I was a toddler! Why don't you try this on for size!"  Well, that just felt offensive. Should he be offended?

"Why you little!  GET SERIOUS OR GET DEAD!" The thug was not happy, not one bit.  "The same dumb trick isn't gonna work twice..."  He said, as he rolled his shoulders.  "Time's up."  He said with a raspy voice, before the glow around him almost seemed to flash like lightning. Suddenly, a bright dome of energy erupted from the man, the waves destroying the buildings they touched, and they were inching over to them.

Herc wasn't sure what they could do about the dome. He was sure that the others would be crushed or at the very least extremely injured by it. Hell, he didn't know if he could take a hit from it. But they were in this situation because of him, because he stupidly assumed the man's power. So he'd take responsibility... he'd at least save the others.

Standing One's Ground

Without a word, he walked up to the dome, positioning himself so he was in front of everyone else, like a protective shield. Gritting his teeth, he took a solid stance, and placed his hands up. The dome quickly made contact, and he felt a sudden powerful pressure, one that cause him to be pushed back, like he wasn't even there. However, with a yell of determination, Herc began to push back, using all the strength he could muster in this endeavor. He didn't know how much of a difference it would make... but he had to do something!

To his surprise, the dome stopped. Herc was managing to wrestle it into a standstill. The two were pushing against each other like sumo wrestlers, but all Herc had to do was hold out until the force died. Still... it wouldn't hurt to have backup.

"Itsuki, think... you can... lend me a... hand?" Herc managed to get out despite his gritted teeth. If the barriers became his backup, he should be able to out last this thing!

"Where did I....come from?"

Katsurou gripped his head, wincing in pain as he was suddenly overtaken by an uncomfortable, writhing sensation in his mind. Despite the unnaturalness of the situation, somehow, this feeling was familiar to him. To him, it was the combination of homesickness and the anguish that came from exile, forced or otherwise. Once the feeling passed, he began to understand why Silver could be a threat to the world. Silver would need to be kept away from the world, for their mutual safety.

When Katsurou regained his composure, he saw that yet another hero had made themselves known. A strange masked man stepped forward, clearly too old to be a student. However, he did not look like any of the teachers from the Academy.

"Time's up kid.  You made a decision yet?"

"Who's the geezer..."

At first, Katsurou was relieved to have a more experienced hero to help this situation, he could not shake the inkling that he did not have the public’s interest at heart. Valerie and Yuudai also appeared to be somewhat apprehensive of this newcomer, but addressed him as if he were not a stranger.

"I'd like to think he's telling the truth. But dunno if I feel comfortable handing you off to someone I just met. Hey you think you can scan him like you did me?"

"His mind is stronger than yours...less open...but from prying I cannot sense ill intent..."

"Don't think I like being told that I have a weaker mind than Captain Bad Joke."

This newcomer was also resistant to Silver’s abilities, causing Katsurou to examine him with a more critical eye. Why was another hero here? Why did they not mention the government? Could he be Silver’s captor, or working with his captors? These thoughts began racing through his mind as the atmosphere became tense.

"Ah, hell. Go on then, get him out of here. If this is a trick I'll be first in line to kick your ass, though."

Before Katsurou could raise his voice in protest, a dark orb suddenly appeared under Silver, pinning him to the ground, followed by Suda emerging from the forest undergrowth.

"We had orders to capture this thing, not leave it with some forest hobo. Well, what are you waiting for? Help me catch this damn thing! I can't hold it like this forever."

“Hiroharu-san! Release him! He’s not a threat!” Katsurou cried out, drawing his orb into a ready position. Before he could take action, Yuudai swiftly moved up to Suda and restrained him, releasing Silver from the orb, if not only for a moment. Katsurou let out a sigh of relief as Silver clambered back to his feet as Yuudai turned his attention back to the stranger.

"Something doesn't sound right, Val. Silver just said that his mind is stronger than ours. And because of that, he can't scan it. Annnnnnd that doesn't sound suspicious to you?"

“Shiba-san is right. We do not know who this person is. He could be one of Silver’s captors. I may not know for sure, but I believe that Silver may be escaping imprisonment. I doubt us heroes are the only ones who know Silver is here.”

"C'mon kid...I'm just trying to help. That thing obviously was tortured where it came from...where do you think your Teacher's gonna take him? Candyland?"

Katsurou was also uncomfortable with this fact. He did not know what would become of Silver if he turned him into Spring Lock and the academy. It might be better than where he escaped, but he might still be caged, away from his friends. Taking a few steps back, he closed his eyes and searched his mind for answers.

"He's in need of help, and a hero is supposed to help others who need it. I'm sorry Crimson, but I'm saying Silver isn't going with you."

There was no clear solution, but Katsurou felt that he had to make a decision, much like Valerie and Yuudai had. The Lord had come to him in the form of Silver, a prisoner, and was testing his faith. Handing Silver into the hands of new captors, whether the academy or this mysterious stranger, would be sentencing him to torture once again. He clearly had presence of mind and did not want to hurt anyone either. If his powers could be contained, this ancient forest would be the best place for him to keep away from those he could harm. His mind made up, Katsurou stepped forward.

“Clark-san. I agree with Shiba-san, we cannot allow this man to take Silver-san away. I do not think we should bring Silver-san back to the academy either. We, as heroes, are called to protect the innocent, not to judge them. Silver-san has done nothing wrong and only wants to be left alone, free from wherever he came. I believe in my heart of hearts that as long as Silver-san does no evil, we cannot capture him for sins he did not commit.”

mVvsZap.png?1

Yuuka grimaced as yet another car went flying at the man they had been fighting. She had two problems with it, but one was probably already evident to the rest of the group as the man went flying yet again only to explode into a wall of force. A look of awe, followed by a wince of pain as her back acted up yet again, crossed her face as she saw more and more of the man's quirk in action. All the same, she wasn't entirely sure what to do about the man's force wall. She wasn't sure if it acted as an extension of himself, she didn't know if it also pushed away gases, she didn't know if - oh.

Yuuka's train of thought was broken as she saw Herc step up to try and hold it bay by himself, practically trying to grapple the force barrier. Seeing the beetle have his body battered back by it, she was astounded by the boy's determination. She would have applauded, were she not in pain and currently engaged in combat, at the spirit he showed. However, as he seemed to be being beaten back it fell on Itsuki to help him out. Yuuka, thinking to do something herself had gotten yet another poison ball ready in her hand. She had no idea if it would work, nor how connected to the force wall the man was, yet all the same moved to toss and burst the orb against the criminal once again.

ksARFRH.png

The thug was not pleased. Hibiki could hear something - it almost sounded like an explosion - and when she peeked around the corner to see what was up with her eyes instead of her ears, even she could make out what was happening perfectly well. There was some sort of force wall... thing... and Herc was fighting it! It was impressive that he could hold his own like that! But he seemed to be struggling with it. He'd asked Itsuki for backup, but Itsuki... was he thinking really hard about something? He must have not heard Herc or something like that. And Yuuka was lobbing poison at the guy.

That left one person. She was small, and not very strong, but she'd have to help. It wasn't like she'd be able to do much else about that dome anyway, let alone the guy in it while this thing was up. And so, Hibiki ran back into the fray, behind Herc, and started pushing. She didn't want to touch the dome directly. Who knew what that thing could do to her hands?

Itsuki

"The same dumb trick isn't gonna work twice..."  He said, as he rolled his shoulders.  "Time's up." While Itsuki's attack had been successful, it wasn't effective enough at knocking him down to let the others restrain the villain. Because of that, he began to release a slowly expanding dome of energy causing damage to everything in its path. Itsuki skipped backwards and joined the rest of the group, where Herc had taken a defensive position in front of the dome, and planted his hands directly onto it.

"What do you think that's gonna do, Gaijin?!" Itsuki called out to Herc, but he either couldn't hear him, or chose not to. Either way, he was at least somehow managing to hold his position against the dome, but not stopping it outright.

"Itsuki, think... you can... lend me a... hand?"  Herc grunted through his effort. Itsuki shook his head, stepped forward tentatively and generated a barrier, inching it towards the dome. However, it just simply passed through with no effect.

"No can do! Whatever this shit's made out of, it's not matter!"

At that moment, Itsuki felt pretty helpless, figuring that their best course of action would be to break away and cut their losses. After all, this guy was just blowing his whole load; how much more could he do after this? Itsuki was about to voice this, but his teammates had different plans. Yuuka had decided to launch another attack and Hibiki placed herself behind Herc, pushing on his back to help in his effort.

"Damn idiots," Itsuki muttered, taking position beside Hibiki and planting his back against Herc, pushing with his leg and putting all of his effort into it.

"Ooooh!  I haven't seen Ren get this amped in a hot minute!  Your students must be really dumb!  Heehee!" 

"I'm starting to think so too..."

Sure, call us stupid, but we came to take care of thugs, not gang leaders. And besides that, Taro's good attempt to help a classmate ended up being something stupid as the man emitted a dome of. . . what? Physical light? Or some kind of tangible kinetic energy? Whatever it was, it was destroying everything around it as it expanded, though Herc pitted himself against it, holding it back no less. However, he seemed to be struggling against it as it continued to expand from where he stopped it. Hibiki and Itsuki got behind Herc to help lessen the load of just pushing against it, while Yuuka seemed to be throwing more poison at the man again.

Since the climax of the fight is at hand, standing around won’t do anything to lessen the damage, nor the emotional damage their teacher will bring after today. Quickly getting off the bus, he ran up next to Herc and started to push against the dome as well. “If this thing is tangible in any way, I can at least help push!”

whIkgqw.png

"Ah, hell." Valerie muttered. "Go on then, get him out of here." The girl said towards the geezer they arrived with. "If this is a trick I'll be first in line to kick your ass, though."  Misu couldn't help but roll her eyes, and let out a huff.  

"Yeah...this thing's totally pathetic.  If you could find it somewhere safe to live, I'm sure the heroes would be fine with that...Not like I care or nothin'."  That's when she noticed someone jumping from out of the brush.  Silver's whole body was dragged to the ground, as he desperately tried to struggle back to his feet.  

"And just what the in the hell do you think you're doing!?" Suda shouted, hand extended towards the beast. "We had orders to capture this thing, not leave it with some forest hobo.  Well, what are you waiting for? Help me catch this damn thing! I can't hold it like this forever."

"What the hell are you doing you bastard!"  Misu said, her muscles instinctively pumping themselves up.  Misu stopped once Yuudai interjected, stopping his Quirk in the process.  Silver snaked his way towards Valerie, cowering behind her.  There, Yuudai and the Geezer exchanged words, but Misu didn't like where it was going.

"Yeah...and my gut is saying not to just hand you Silver." Yuudai stated, looking over at Valerie. "Sorry...but this is where I'm drawing the line. Cause everything about this is having my gut go nuts. I'd rather not find out this is a trick and just avoid this all together." He then looked over at Suda, shaking his head. "Also, Silver is not a THING...so don't refer to him as such. He's very much alive..."

“Clark-san. I agree with Shiba-san, we cannot allow this man to take Silver-san away. I do not think we should bring Silver-san back to the academy either. We, as heroes, are called to protect the innocent, not to judge them. Silver-san has done nothing wrong and only wants to be left alone, free from wherever he came. I believe in my heart of hearts that as long as Silver-san does no evil, we cannot capture him for sins he did not commit.”

"That's the way Kats!"  Misu flexed, grinning wide at the boy.  Misu lifted her hand, and lowered a pointed finger towards Yuudai.  "Who the hell are you to say where Silver goes anyway!?  Isn't that for the freak to decide himself!  He's obviously not some kinda wild animal.  The thing can think, and it doesn't wanna go with teach."  

"It doesn't get a say in this."  From behind Suda, Spring Lock stepped out onto the scene.  He cracked his knuckles, his eyes locked on to Crimson.  "That thing is government property...and the government wants it back.  As a government agent...I don't get a say on the matter either."  His gaze shifted to Misu, Valerie, and Katsurou.  "It's coming with us...now be good students, and do as your teacher says."  His eyes then retracted back towards Crimson.  The man in his gaze had his eyebrows raised in suspense.  "Step away from Scarlet Skeleton...he's dangerous."  

"Oooooh!  I haven't heard that name in some time!"  Crimson said, rubbing the back of his head.  "Trust me, Springy...I don't want this scene to get messy, and I don't wanna involve your students...so let's just let Silver here off the hook.  I'll take him somewhere nic-"

"ENOUGH OF THAT CRAP!"  Spring Lock said, lowering his posture and retracting his arm back.  The motion was machine-like, and seamless.  Silver trembled from the man's pressure alone, as he harbored the Raccoon in his arms.  A snicker could be heard emanating from Misu, as she took a lower stance as well.  She let one arm hang loose, and the other raised to her side.   

"I ain't really been the best at listenin' to adults...I got my own way of doing things.  And what you wanna do, don't sound so heroic to me."  Steam started to pump out of the pores of her exposed forearms.  "I've been raring to have myself a good fight since I started this boring ass school...so why don't we just stop with all the nice talk, and get down to it..."  Misu's jaw trembled, with anticipation or nervousness.  She couldn't decide which.  A sigh could be heard from Spring Lock, who did not lower his guard.

"I admire that spirit, Yoshino-San."  Something in the air sounded like it was tightening.  "Do not hold this against me."  

"Geez...now I've gotten myself into a mess..."  Crimson sighed, as he looked to Val.  "I don't suppose my number one fan would hate lending me a hand here, would she?"  He laughed, as red protrusions started to crack through his back and arms, tearing his clothes in the process.  "I can't stand by and let Silver suffer.  Not if I have a say in it."  

HQiOaTA.png?1

The wall of energy plowed it's way through the city street, causing Herc's body to bounce back in strange, and possibly harmful, ways.  As Taro tried to do the same, his small body would be flung back several meters in the blink of an eye.  Thankfully, with the other's backup strength, Herc was able to hold back the devastating wave until it dissipated into the air.  The process took about four minutes in it's entirety, and Herc would find the front half of body battered to an obscene level.  The thug across from them wore a smile on his face, as his body looked the same way all around that Herc's did.  As the wave finally dissipated, Yuuka's ball of gas hit the epicenter.

"Not bad, kids..."  The man said, before collapsing to his knees on the pavement.  He let out a pretty heavy sigh as he did so. 

"RENEGADE!"  The girl from the block over had screamed, running over to him.  Her body glowed, as she began to do flares around the man.  As her legs circled around her body, the gas started to swirl around, being whipped into the air.  When the gas faded, she picked Renegade off of his feet.  "Do you need a charge?!"  She asked, with a hand on his chest.

"If you did that...I think I'd die."  He laughed, coughing as the unimaginable pain started to course through his body.  "I think this is the end of the line for us, Gyps."  

"I'm still standin'!"  Gypsy pleaded, facing the students.  "They're all weak, thanks to you!  I can handle them!"  Her feet started to trot about the street, as her body started to glow.  "They have no chance against the Kinetitwins!"  A look of embarrassment swept over Renegade's face.  However, her feet stopped in their tracks once a beam of energy came sweeping through the field.  From where Gypsy had entered, Ms. Hitotsume did the same, walking up to the scene with a sway in her hips.  The eye on her stomach seemed to be smoking.  She looked to Herc, and then to Taro's strangely contorted body.  She gave an inward hiss at the sight.  

"You boys alright?"  She said, rather apathetically.  "I haven't been using my Quirk in this fight 'til just now...so with the rest of your support, I think we can close this out."  

"Were you underestimating me this whole time!?"  The girl shouted, as she did high knees in place.  Her glow started back up again, as she started to spring into the air.  She used the momentum to make a running start, turning the run into countless somersaults.  With a booming noise, she sprang high into the daytime sky, and plummeted down with her heel stuck out.  The kick aimed itself at Herc, and the flare from the sun was enough to stop Ms. Hitotsume's quirk in it's tracks.

"Ah geez...I forgot my sunglasses."   

This had gone to shit. From what she could tell most of them, even if they didn't want to turn Silver over, wasn't willing to let Crimson take him either. Valerie's gut was telling her that letting Silver go with Crimson would be the only chance the odd being would have.

If she had to fight them all then she'd do it. She wasn't so sure Misu being on her side was a positive or negative but it wasn't time to doubt her decision now.

"You ain't my teacher." Valerie told Spring Lock. "And from where I'm standing you're no hero either."

"What do you think, Silver? You wanna go with Crimson?"

"I do not know who to trust here Valerie Clark, besides you and the boy named Yuudai. But you seem to be at odds..."

Valerie shook her head. She still couldn't say for sure if Yuudai was wrong about Crimson or not. But...

"At this point I don't think you can avoid both the government and Crimson's group. Sorry to say but right now I think your best bet is to go with him." She looked towards Spring Lock "I get the feeling this 'hero' isn't going to be very gentle about it."

"I understand...I shall go with this Crimson...but I believe you will find yourself in conflict with the others..."

"That's just how it's gotta be. Everyone's gotta live with their choices one way or another." With a smirk she flashed Silver a thumbs up, "Even if they all gang up on me I'm not going down that easy. You're looking at the future top hero after all."

She then called over to Crimson "I don't think we can win and get him out safely; you might want to take Silver and go." She let out a sigh. "It's about to get really heated here."

"Val...Spring Lock isn't someone you should underestimate. We used to be on a team before all this government nonsense...are you sure you don't need me?"

"I have no idea but I do know that if you go down here there's no way Silver will get out. You're the only one who knows where to take him."

Crimson looked to the ground, and then to Silver.
"I hope you know what you're thinkin', Val." He sighed, before running over towards the river ushering for Silver to follow.

Silver looked to Valerie, and touched her mind gently."I pray we meet again, Valerie Clark." With the 011 in his arms, Silver made a made dash for the river with Crimson.

"I won't let you get away!" Spring Lock shouted, as the tightening sound in the air finally snapped, as the man's approach velocity was off the charts. His arm letting out the same harsh snapping sound aimed towards Valerie's center of mass.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!"

She braced herself as the flames erupted around her. She had gotten pretty worked up on the way here. But she wasn't sure it was enough. She could only hope that this would slow him down and let the others slip away. She then launched as much of her flames as she could straight at Spring Lock. "Don't go thinking you can just run past me!"

c8vVeoJ.png

"Clark-san. I agree with Shiba-san, we cannot allow this man to take Silver-san away."

At least Katsurou was on his side...though that seemed to be the only one, as now Misu was approaching Yuudai.

"Who the hell are you to say where Silver goes anyway!? Isn't that for the freak to decide himself!  He's obviously not some kinda wild animal. The thing can think, and it doesn't wanna go with teach."

"I was never making the decision for him! I...uggggggh..." Yuudai groaned, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "This is not the time for this. Bottom line, Silver needs help and I'm going to help him!"

"It doesn't get a say in this. That thing is government property...and the government wants it back. As a government agent...I don't get a say on the matter either. It's coming with us...now be good students, and do as your teacher says. Step away from Scarlet Skeleton...he's dangerous."

S-Spring Lock? ...wait, Scarlet Skeleton? he thought, looking at Spring Lock before glancing over at the guy that was called Scarlet Skeleton. He was "dangerous", but was he? Cause if that was the case, why didn't he immediately attack him and Valerie when he had the chance? Cause there was PLENTY of opportunity to do this. Unfortunately, his train of thought was cut short between Misu and Spring Lock apparently prepared to go at one another.

But even more than that...

"What do you think, Silver? You wanna go with Crimson?"

"I do not know who to trust here Valerie Clark, besides you and the boy named Yuudai. But you seem to be at odds..."

"At this point I don't think you can avoid both the government and Crimson's group. Sorry to say but right now I think your best bet is to go with him. I get the feeling this 'hero' isn't going to be very gentle about it."

"I understand...I shall go with this Crimson...but I believe you will find yourself in conflict with the others..."

Yuudai stood there, clenching his fists as well as beginning to grit his teeth slightly. His fists could be seen trembling slightly, as he looked at Valerie and then at Crimson...then finally at Silver. The choice was made...and as much as he wanted to stop him from making that choice, that would've been a bad idea. At this point, he tried his best to put himself in Silver's position. Who would he go with? Who would he side with more? He truthfully wanted to say, he'd side with a Pro Hero. But at the same time...something about the way Spring Lock said things made him wonder. That thing was apparently government property...that THING. That there, just made Yuudai more upset than when Suda had said it. In the end, he ended up thinking the same way... And at this point, even Misu's words to him was actually getting to him.

His...decision... he thought with a defeated sigh. Maybe this was a bad idea...maybe it wasn't, truthfully, Yuudai had no clue. But, a hero most likely would respect the choice that was made by someone like him.

"I pray we meet again, Valerie Clark."

"SILVER!!" Yuudai shouted, not wanting to watch the creature dash away, only held his arm to the side and gave a thumbs up. "...k-keep safe. Really hope...we see each other again."

Silver nodded to the boy. "May our paths cross again...on better terms..."

With this done...Yuudai lowered his arm and sighed greatly. This was the most idiotic thing he could ever remember himself do in most of his life. He just stood there and let Silver run off with someone that even a Pro Hero was saying was dangerous. Actually...no...that wasn't EVEN close to being the most idiotic thing he'd ever remember doing. No, no, no...that was what he did NEXT.

BGM

"I sure hope you know what your doing, Val!" Yuudai shouted, running past her and making his way towards the left side of Spring Lock, basically going full tank at this moment. His chain-like muscles whirling to life as he moved to strike at Spring Lock. "Really sorry!"

"You too huh?" Spring Lock said, looking to the side as Yuudai approached. His sheer approach velocity was enough to fend off the flames, but he was totally open from a strike from the side.

Yuudai really didn't want this to go this direction, but it had to be done. He began to grit his teeth, launching a straight right hook at Spring Lock. His chain-belt muscles whirling even more to assist in helping deliver a strong enough punch.

The sound of a winding, tightening sound hung in the air. When Yuudai's punch connected, he would feel Spring Lock's side almost meet the blow pound for pound, almost repelling his entire attack back.

"T-Tch...nothing doing..." he grumbled, surprised to see that his attack did absolutely nothing. Then again, this was a Pro they were dealing with. Yuudai watched Spring Lock beeline it into the flame stream, which definitely surprised him. Nevertheless, he made his way back around, getting towards Valerie's side and preparing to strike. I have to be careful...otherwise I'm going to end up on the ground with my muscles strained... But...gotta at least give enough time for Silver to high-tail it outta here. he thought, steeling and preparing himself to strike at Spring Lock the moment he emerged from the flames.

As Diana started to follow after Suda, Spring Lock had placed his hand on her shoulder, stopping her. Before she could ask why, he stepped out into the area and began a confrontation over the creature. From her vantage point, Diana could still see most of what was occurring and hearing it was no issue. But, even with the scene breaking down into some sort of small civil war... She was still undecided about the creature.

If it was experimented on, wouldn't returning it to the government just make it get experimented on again?

If Scarlet Skeleton took it, would they have any way of knowing if it was okay?

If it managed to escape, would it pose a threat to anyone?

Diana was lost in these thoughts, Valerie sent Scarlet Skeleton and Silver away. She had no time to question it anymore, and her body began to move before her thoughts even caught up. She needed to catch up to them. Whatever her decision was, she had to confront them to figure it out! She followed the duo towards the river, more than aware that if she decided to stop them, she was probably no match. Even so, she...

"Stop!" Diana called out to them as she managed to draw near, panting a bit. "I can't just let you leave! Silver, you can scan minds, right? I'm sorry for having to chase you... But give me a chance to see for myself what is truly <justice>!"

"I have no means for myself what this...true justice is myself." The creature replied to the girl from ahead of Crimson.  "I only know the words from the minds of those that I touch...they ring hollow for me...it's the feeling that I feel that leads me to trust such words."

"Then listen to my passion!" The girl cried out, holding her left hand to her chest, "I understand what it's like for people to hurt you. For the system to let you down. But I need... to know who you are. Are you going to turn violent and seek revenge...? Is that man going to hurt you?"

Diana clenched her left hand as she looked at Crimson, grimacing and muttering. "How can I trust a man who my instructor deems a threat?"

With a deep sigh, Diana raised her hands up. At first it looked like she was raising them in surrender, but it quickly became apparent she was putting her hair up into a ponytail. As soon as the hair was pulled from over her right eye, it was apparent that it had suffered some serious damage in the past, with a small bit of scar tissue surrounding it. Upon opening, it became clear just how much. Instead of a shimmering violet eye, there was a mechanical prosthetic in the socket, seemingly synced up to her left eye. One could even say it made her look somewhat like a cyborg.

"And hey, maybe seeing is believing, like they say."

Silver looked to Crimson, then back to the girl.

"I have no idea what lies ahead of me, young human.  But I do not wish to return from whence I came.  If this man can help me, and the others trust his judgement, I'm afraid I have no choice."  Silver's head then lowered a bit. "There are things I wish to do...to that place..."

Crimson stuck out a hand, and placed himself between Silver and Diana.

"Listen, uh...hero hopeful.  Is this truly what you think is right...becoming an obstacle for Silver's freedom?"

"... I don't think Silver will hurt anyone. There's been... <ample opportunity> to do so. However, I have to verify it for my own eyes... and if you can prove to me that you won't hurt him, I'll even help you escape."

mVvsZap.png?1

With everyone having worked together to bring down this foe, Herc had managed to stand steadfast in the presence of the  dome of force that was pushing towards them. Taro had been less than lucky, and the girl winced in vicarious pain as she saw him be launched away. Herc himself, despite having stood up to the attack still seemed to be much worse for wear. While Yuuka wanted to make sure her fellow heroes to be were alright, though, it had seemed that they were far from finished in this fight. The silver haired girl looked in awe as she saw the other girl, Gypsy, move about and clear her cloud away. Yuuka was both impressed by the leg work the girl had and interested in what kind of force related quirk the girl had. This was compounded with yet more awe as she saw a red beam of sorts come towards the villain they were facing, seeing the smoking eye of their teacher be the source. 

Yuuka hadn't known what it was that their demon-eyed teacher's quirk had done, -though death ray was certainly a chief candidate for likely power -  and the girl couldn't help but be excited to see it in use. Though she wasn't sure the specifics behind it, it definitely seemed to be a dangerous sort of projectile as it had seemed to leave smoke behind from the supposed exit point. As Gypsy seemed far from admitting defeat, Yuuka prepared with the rest of her fellow classmates for the ensuing battle. 

Interested more in the specifics of her quirk, it definitely seemed to pack as much of an explosive force behind it as her supposed twin had as she sprung into the air. Yuuka couldn't do much about the attack itself, being too far from her classmates and neither fast enough nor aerial enough to intercept a kick like that. As such, she left that to Hibiki and Itsuki, believing at least one of them to have the tools to deal with this. What it was that Yuuka was concerned with doing, however, was what came after she finished her kick. Given their close proximity to her classmates, simply throwing another cloud would do little to help, and at worst would encompass most of her other classmates. As such, Yuuka needed to think of a different way to disable Gypsy. And given all the motions that she had made prior to leaping, the girl figured she understood a bit about her quirk. Of course, there still many unknowns about it, and acting too hastily was likely to get her in the way of her teacher. 

As such, the girl started to run forward, slower than normal from her back pains but still going all the same. Aiming for where she believed Gypsy was going to land after her attack resolved, Yuuka dove forward. Reaching both of her hands out, her goal was quite clear, that being one of the legs of Gypsy. Hoping to grab onto it, and still stay low to the ground, Yuuka continued forward in hopes of reaching them. 

Itsuki Watanabe

Through their combined effort, the students had managed to hold back the thug's attack while also managing to take him down in the process. When the wave of energy subsided, Itsuki let himself slide to the ground down Herc's back and breathed a heavy sigh. The thugs were saying something, and one of them started to move before a beam lanced across the street. There was their teacher, standing before them.

"You boys alright?"  She said, rather apathetically.  "I haven't been using my Quirk in this fight 'til just now...so with the rest of your support, I think we can close this out." 

"Are you kidding me?!" Itsuki complained loudly as he pushed himself to his feet.

"Were you underestimating me this whole time!?" The other thug wasn't handled at all, contrary to what Ms. Hitostume said, and leapt high into the sky, spinning into an axe kick aimed right at Herc, Hibiki, and Itsuki. Ms. Hitotsume moved to use her quirk, but found herself blinded by the sun's light.

"Ah geez...I forgot my sunglasses."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?!" Itsuki shouted, panicking in the moment and shutting his eyes tight as he did his absolute best to focus his quirk. Just above the trio formed a convex circle just barely covering the three of them. The circle was a dark-gray, almost black colour, but it was also mostly opaque.

PysLiPD.png?1

"H-Hey!" Suda shouted as Yuudai grabbed the boy's arm, effectively releasing Silver from his orb's grasp, as it darted away towards Val. His face curled into a monsterous grimmace as he turned towards Yuudai, yanking his arm away from the boy once he let go. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" He shouted at the boy, before letting out a grumble as Silver made his way towards Val. He'd have to teach this imbecile a lesson later. Right now he had bigger priorities - Silver was getting away, and some of these numbskulls were siding with Crimson. No, his name was Scarlet Skeleton - that's a villain's name if he had ever heard one. There was no way he was going to let this guy get away with Silver.

He had to stop them from getting away, no matter what. He turned towards Springlock and the trouble twins. They seemed preoccupied so, with a confident smirk, made his around the big fight and towards where the two had run off too. He was sure that he'd be able to catch up to them by flinging himself, but he couldn't do that now and draw attention to himself. He'd get all the attention he wanted when he saved this operation from dumb and dumber over there. He noticed that he had no idea where Diana had gone off too - he didn't see her with Springlock when he appeared, and he doubted she'd be in the bush where he left her. He could only hope that she was slowing the villain's progress down. Suda kept an eye on the fight as he walked around, cautious to not make a sound.

ksARFRH.png

"I'm still standin'! They're all weak, thanks to you! I can handle them! They have no chance against the Kinetitwins!"

"...pffft!" Hibiki had tried her best to contain herself, she really did. But that name was just way too cheesy to not laugh at! If Hikari had also decided to become a hero, would she have to come up with a similarly bad name for the two as a tag-team? What would they even be called, with two Quirks that were so incompatible for naming purposes? As much as Hibiki wanted to ponder on that one some more, there were bigger issues right now. Namely, Gypsy was closing in on them, and fast. Herc didn't look like he'd be able to keep fighting after that blast, and she didn't blame him. Luckily, Itsuki had provided a barrier between the villain and the students, and Yuuka seemed to be moving to grab one of her legs or something?

That was a good idea!

Hibiki slipped out of the group between the boys, moving herself into a position to roughly mirror Yuuka's, aiming to grab this villain by the other leg. Good thinking, Yuuka!

ohSLUWk.png

Herc wasn't sure what was going on. The pressure of the dome was looming over him, despite what everyone else was trying to do, it just refused to yield. To make things worse, a foreign feeling enveloping his body. making his sturdy body was scream in protest. He had heard of this feeling before, but he rarely experienced it, and not to the level he was feeling now...

"So this is pain," He thought bitterly.

His whole life, his bulky freaky body had protected him. While it made him an outcast, it also protected him from most pain. Basically only his dad could make him feel more than a dull itch, and even then, it wasn't nearly as bad as what he was tanking now, made worse by the fact he was actively pushing against it. It was awful... is this what normal people felt daily? That made him glad he was the one tanking it, he couldn't imagine what it would be like for the others.

Finally, the wall quit... Herc wasn't really able to make out what happened afterwards. There was a ringing in his ears, and the pain just wouldn't go away. There was something he was going to have to work on after this was all over... upping his pain tolerance. There wasn't much he could do, moving was too much of a pain... but gravity would not be denied, and the giant bug fell over, hitting the ground hard.

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

"That's the way Kats! Who the hell are you to say where Silver goes anyway!?  Isn't that for the freak to decide himself!  He's obviously not some kinda wild animal.  The thing can think, and it doesn't wanna go with teach."

Katsurou could not help but feel a wave of relief, knowing that at least one other of his fellow students supports his view. It appeared that even with her gruff exterior, she has a good heart. However, this relief was short-lived.

"It doesn't get a say in this. That thing is government property...and the government wants it back.  As a government agent...I don't get a say on the matter either. It's coming with us...now be good students, and do as your teacher says.”

Katsurou’s resolve, which was firm just a moment ago, began to waiver once again. If he were to defy his teacher, it was very possible he would be expelled from the school. He feared the thought of being exiled once again, perhaps for the last time. Paralyzed by indecision, he looked to his fellow students. Valerie, Misu and Yuudai stood defiant against their teacher, taking their battle stances as their teacher coiled and creaked like his namesake. It was clear that the time for diplomacy and peacemaking had passed and he had to cast his lot with someone.

“Whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin...Sensei, I hope you will forgive me for what I must do!”

Katsurou, unsure how long the three could hold off Spring Lock, dashed after Silver and Scarlet Skeleton, hoping to cover their retreat if Spring Lock broke past them. Just as he caught up to the pair, he heard a thunderous boom from the encircled hero. Spring Lock swung with all his might at Valerie, who responded by releasing a blinding gout of flame around herself, hot enough for Katsurou to feel even at this distance.

“Silver-san! Scarlet-san! You must hurry! Sensei will be catching up soon!”

“Man, you kids sure are rebellious nowadays, huh?”

“The Lord gave me a conscience, so I must use it! Once Silver-san is safe, we can decide where he should go!”

Scarlet and Silver were much faster than Katsurou, pulling far ahead of him and becoming obscured by the dense undergrowth. When he reached an opening in the forest, he found himself standing on a low cliff, overlooking the banks of the river. After catching his breath, he spotted Scarlet Skeleton and Silver, with Diana was standing in their way. Katsurou was worried that she would attempt to capture Silver, but after catching his breath, he realised that Diana was not acting aggressively and attempting to parlay. From his vantage point, he was not able to hear what was being said, but based on how Diana was acting, she was making some kind of passionate speech. He had to know if she would attempt to stop them from escaping. Holding onto his orb, he lowered himself to the riverbank behind Silver.

"Listen, uh...hero hopeful.  Is this truly what you think is right...becoming an obstacle for Silver's freedom?"

"... I don't think Silver will hurt anyone. There's been... <ample opportunity> to do so. However, I have to verify it for my own eyes... and if you can prove to me that you won't hurt him, I'll even help you escape."

From what he could see, Diana was unsure of Scarlet’s intentions. However, she appeared unaware of the situation at hand. As far as he knew, Spring Lock could already be about to crest the hill and dispose of all of them.

“Seigi-san, I understand that Scarlet Skeleton is not to be trusted, but he is willing to help Silver-san escape for now. Sensei is coming any second now, we have to keep moving. Once we are safe, we can decide what to do!”

whIkgqw.png

Misu's body tensed up, as Spring Lock launched himself towards Silver and Scarlet Skeleton's direction, looking to take out Valerie along the way.  Even after pumping herself up, Spring Lock's momentum was way too much for her to be able to catch up with.  She wouldn't let that stop her, as she shoved off with a strong step.  Valerie had sent a torrent of flames towards the man, but his sheer approach speed was enough to deter the flames.  Even Yuudai's attack seemed to be deflected.  As the man closed the distance between them, Valerie would feel a sick churning in her stomach, as Spring Lock's fist lodged itself into her abdomen.  After a moment, another tightening could be heard, snapping mere milliseconds after.  The man's knuckles would jut out like pistons, lifting Valerie into the air and off of her feet.

He reeled back his other arm, looking to strike Valerie again with an open palm, but Misu had finally made her way to the brawl.  She used her forearm to deflect the oncoming palm strike, reeling the attack up, and spouting a cloud of mist from her the pores of the deflecting appendage.  Spring Lock's eyes squinted, as he tried to see through the obscure cloud of mist.  He hadn't blinked, but a fist had torn it's way through the vapor.  The tightening sound was now coming from his head, as Misu's fist landed square in his cheek.  The man's head didn't move, but he grunted all the same.  Misu tried to dig the fist in further, but the effort would be futile.  

"Damn, this guy's stiff as a boar-"  

Misu would be interrupted, as Spring Lock's fist erupted in a skyward uppercut.  Her jaw clacked together forcefully, as the blow was enough to send her higher into the sky than Valerie had been launched previously.  She landed on her back with a thud, the harsh landing making her gasp.  Spring Lock looked around him too see that most of the other students had run after Scarlet Skeleton and the target.  He looked to Yuudai, who had yet to make a move.  

"You're all clearly outmatched.  Give up, and I'll make sure the school overlooks this."  

The crumbling of dirt could be heard from where Misu had landed, as she clutched the earth to prop herself up.  She was breathing heavily, but she wore a huge shit-eating grin.  

"I'm used to gettin' in trouble, teach."  She said, stumbling as she rose to her feet.  "And I've taken harder punches than tha-"  Again, interrupted by Spring Lock's noisy quirk, he had made his way over to her in an instant, sending a crushing chop down towards her abdomen.  The blow kicked up the dirt and gravel underneath Misu, clouding the area around the two.  

"I'll make this as swift as possible."  The tightening noise wound itself back up again, as Misu looked towards the sky with a blank expression.  However, once the creaking stopped, Misu's body seemed to explode with a cloud of thick mist.  Spring Lock looked down, but couldn't see the girl who was just beneath him.  He wound up his body once more, preparing for a strike, but nothing came.  Instead, once he had snapped loose, all the mist around him dispersed, and Misu sprang upwards with both legs crashing into Spring Lock's body.  The man was launched back a bit, as Misu drove the kick home.  She used his torso as a spring board, and bounced off, landing towards the other three.  She wiped some blood from her mouth, as she spat more at the ground. 

"He can't wind up forever...he has to let it go...or else I bet somethin' tears."  Misu's muscles bulged a bit more than prior, as she lowered her body.  "When you hear the snap...you should probably move...so do you numb-nuts gotta any bright ideas?"  

Scarlet Skeleton looked at the girl for a moment, before scratching his head.  His foot tapped at a rhythmic pace, as he hummed to himself.  

"Uh...How do I do that?  I think if I wanted to, I could've killed you, him, that girl and boy from earlier, and even this kid,"  He said, pointing to Yuuka, "Im the blink of an eye.  I'm not a bad guy...we just have our own way of doing things."

“Seigi-san, I understand that Scarlet Skeleton is not to be trusted"

"Hey!" 

"But he is willing to help Silver-san escape for now. Sensei is coming any second now, we have to keep moving. Once we are safe, we can decide what to do!”

"For real kid, I've got a real tight schedule, and I gotta see if Silver likes his new accommodations!"  He gestured towards the deeper parts of the woods.  "Besides...if I fight you kids, I'll never hear the end of it from the others!  'Way to go beating up some little heroes, Crimson!'.  'I bet you feel like a real tough guy, Crimson!'.  It'll never end!  So help me help you help me!"   

HQiOaTA.png?1

The girl laughed, as her feet made contact with the black, opaque shield that Itsuki had erected around his friends.  However, her face turned sour as she noticed she hadn't cracked through as immediately as she wanted to.  As a matter of fact, the thing seemed to be pushing her back with force.  She struggled, to crunch down on the shield, but was instead forced off, landing in front of Ren.  However, two of the girls had launched themselves at her feet, opting to grab hold tightly.  

"Hey!  No touching!"  She said, whirling her fists around, making her body light up.  She then planted her hands to the ground, lifting herself into a handstand along with the two girls, launching them one at a time with a kick of her legs.  

"Well that ain't something you see everyday.  Hey sis, I don't think I've ever seen one of your stomps stopped in it's tracks before!"  Ren exclaimed, as he almost hocked up a lung.

"The brat just got lucky is all!  I didn't put enough step into it!"  She started jogging in place, as she began to glow.  As she started to glow brighter, her movement's became quicker and sharper, only intensifying the light that came from her body.  However, a large beam from Ms. Hitotsume's eye collided with her side, causing the girl to tip over before regaining her momentum with a cartwheel.  She continued her cartwheel, as it started to tear up the street.  It sounded like a buzz saw, as she careened towards the group of kids.  Ms. Hitotsume's eye glided over her skin, as if traversing through water, redirecting itself towards Gypsy's path.  Once the beam made contact, it was split into many different streams, colliding into different buildings. 

"Well then."  Ms. Hitotsume said, looking at her nails, and then to Itsuki.  "Think you can stop that with your fancy shield?"  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Things were really getting heated. Literally. The body heat pouring off of Valerie was reaching higher and higher temperatures. Prompting her to tell the other two who decided to help her, "Hey, might want to keep a distance, don't want you passing out on me."

She had taken a pretty nasty hit there. She could already feel the bruise forming and moving only served to give a sharp reminder of the attack. A couple more of those and she wasn't sure she could keep standing. But she couldn't show that. She had to at least pretend to walk it off so he was forced to keep going at her.

It was frustrating that two of her classmates had managed to slip by her while she was dealing with this guy. It felt like a failure. She should have attacked but, for some reason, lashing out at them felt worse than Spring Lock. Even if they were on the wrong side of things.

"When you hear the snap...you should probably move...so do you numb-nuts gotta any bright ideas?"  

"Don't have much time for ideas right now." Valerie said. Then, lowering the volume, said, "We don't really have to win. Just keep him here as long as possible. I'm going to keep up the pressure and make sure he can't get out of our reach. At least one of you should keep back to stop him if he slips past."

She stretched before slowly making her way forward. "I'm not going to stop but I'd really rather not start a forest fire. I think it's in everyone's best interest if you focus on me. If you're really a hero I think you'd want to prioritize taking me out before something happens."

As if to prove her point the flames around one of her arms roared to life and she moved for the man. Thinking about her classmate's advice she tried to listen for the sound. If she managed to reach him before hearing a snap she'd punch forward before sending her flames at him. Otherwise she'd have to try and duck to the side and hit him with a flaming uppercut.

How long had they been at it? How far could Crimson and Silver have gone by now?

If it went too long she'd have to avoid using her Quirk. Already it was getting risky. She'd just have to hope that the head start she was giving them would be enough.

c8vVeoJ.png

Truth be told, Yuudai wasn't too thrilled about the current turn of events. His strike basically being deflected and now Valerie was struck at by Spring Lock, and it was only because Misu intervened that she wasn't hurt too much at this point. At this point, he wasn't even sure what he could do. Even though he had quite a bit of time to get accustom to his Quirk, he wasn't too sure about how to properly utilize it...especially aside from basically going tank and attempting to punch things.

"You're all clearly outmatched. Give up, and I'll make sure the school overlooks this."

His fists began to clench tightly, as the belt muscles began to move slowly. This was insane. How in the world could he possibly strike at Spring Lock and actually do some damage? All he knew about was just the belts in his muscles basically helping him out and making him a bit faster and a tad bit stronger, but that was about it. He actually thought about giving up at this point, but what about Silver?

"When you hear the snap...you should probably move...so do you numb-nuts gotta any bright ideas?"

"Don't have much time for ideas right now. We don't really have to win. Just keep him here as long as possible. I'm going to keep up the pressure and make sure he can't get out of our reach. At least one of you should keep back to stop him if he slips past."

And they still have the fight to go on...though Misu has a point. The snapping sound...that would be the best time for us to move. Yuudai thought, watching Valerie already going back and putting on the pressure. So...at this point, what can I do? All I got is tanking and my chain belts...that happen to also...be...in my arms... That's when something popped into his head. It came when he remembered something about his Quirk, especially when he was a young boy trying to first control his Quirk.

...it ripped my shirt sleeves that one time... he thought, looking at his arm. Inspiration struck and right now he had an idea that might actually work. But to actually pull something off like this...there needed to be a bit of help. Valerie's putting on the pressure...but the only other one who has the strength is... Yuudai's eyes lifted from his arm and were drawn towards Misu.

"Misu..." he finally spoke, making his way over towards the bancho girl. "I may have an idea...but to do this...I need your assistance. I want to do a tag team attack on Spring Lock."

"What? You think a tag team attack is gonna work?" Misu brushed her hair to the side, and let loose steam from her mouth. "Whatever, I'm game. Let's knock him on his ass."

"Alright then. I'm thinking...a double lariat..." Yuudai said, rolling his shoulder slightly. "We rush in towards his front and strike him. You and your steam...and me and my belts...might push him back. Hell, maybe even some damage to him. Heh, you say when, Misu."

ksARFRH.png

"Hey! No touching!"

"Then stop moving!" Hibiki retorted as she and Yuuka were flung off of the lady's legs and into the air. Hibiki collided back-first into the wall of a nearby building, and very nearly got hit with the flung body of Yuuka afterward. That sure did hurt. Most of all for her wings, ringing with the unfamiliar sensation of pain. She couldn't grip the lady, least of all when she was doing that crazy cartwheel attack thing. She had to do something else instead of fighting, as it turned out. Maybe a bluff? Would she even buy that? It was worth a shot. "I'm going to say some stupid things, but play along with them, okay?" she said to Yuuka.

Making her way over to the downed twin - her pace slowed from the impact with the building - Hibiki took a seat on the sidelines next to him. And then, she shouted to the other twin, "Stop or I'll turn him into a vampire!" as she pointed at the downed explody-force guy. And then up to the sun. "And then he'll get fried like some cheap fast food by the sun up there, because that's what happens!" Surely she'd buy that. There was no way for them to prove Hibiki couldn't turn people into vampires, after all.